Page 2 of 10 
Username Post: Pennsylvania - Eastern Region Scrappers        (Topic#1196801)
EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to michongarf

Hi Chickies - just stopping in to say hi and ask what you are all working on. I finished almost all of my Christmas layouts, but have two journaling blocks to print out and stick in there. I used BG Blitzen. I would upload them, but I left my darn camera at my sisters house.

Is anyone here entering the $20K contest? I am thinking about it....

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to EverSoClever

Has anyone been to a Crop Classix crop? How are they? The only ones I have been to were hosted by Simply Cropping.

Veteran

QVC crop? How neat is THAT?

To answer your question about the craft fair... it's in Flemington NJ the weekend of March 4-5. If you're interested in coming let me know and I'll send you a coupon for free admission ($3 without).

I'm also putting together a scrapbooking crop the first weekend in April. March 30- April 2 at the Clinton Holiday Inn in Clinton, NJ. 48 hours of cropping time! Email me @ [email protected] for more info. I'd be happy to chat with you if you have any questions. Or you can check out my website at www.piecesoftimeonline.com.

Thanks for letting me share.

Brigette

Edited by itsbelong on 01-28-06 06:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280
In response to itsbelong

bumping since there has been some interest expressed elsewhere for this area....

bump
bump
bump

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to Laurel5280

So where is everyone?

PASandiScraps
Veteran
PASandiScraps

Hi!
I used to be a regular here on SB.com, but have been away for AWHILE - almost a year! I live just South of Pottstown in northern Chester county. I recognize a few of the screen names in this thread - I did quite a few swaps in the past. I saw this thread and just had to say hi.

I'm going to the Crop Classix crop at QVC next week too. It's just too close not to go, and since it's at QVC, how could you go wrong? Has anyone been to a Crop classix crop before? I'm wondering how they are.

Thanks,
Sandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to PASandiScraps

This will be my first Crop Classix crop, but I know several people who have beeen to their Cape May crop and who have raved about it. I am really looking forward to it.

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to happy2Bscrapper

I did both last year (one overnight) but this year DH thinks that one overnight would be best. (Although, I might talk him into a stamp convention later on!!!) So here's the question... which one? I'll be shopping definitely and most likely taking 3-5 classes. (Probably not doing the late night crop.) Which is better??? It looks like they've both changed a little bit since last year when I TA'ed for CK. (The CKC would be Valley Forge, PA and the Memories Expo would be in Somerset, NJ.)
Thanks!

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy
In response to yankeewifey

hello ladies its been a very long time since I've been here but if any of you live in the Montgomery County / Bucks area, there is a new scrapbooking store opening up across from the Hilltown Wal-mart, I think its opening up this weekend but am unsure. I think I'll try it out in the next week or so

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to ScrappyHappy

No way - in that little shopping center across for the Wal Mart on 309? - I live RIGHT near there

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

ohmygosh.....

another one?!?! hubby's not going to like hearing this, and neither will my wallet

and what's worse/better, if you just keep going north a few miles, you can visit memorylane, pa.

ARG! My tax refund needs to get here QUICK!!

New Kid On the Block

Hey Eastern PA Croppers,

IF you are interested in an overnight cropping retreat in Ocean City, MD March 3 - 5, 2006, contact me for more information. We have 24 cropper seats still available.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to kkinnaw

I drove by the scrapbook store on 309 across from the Walk Mart in Hilltown. It opens on Feb 17th. I must have been a sight peeking in the windows while it was under construction inside

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Just wanted to come in and say Hi. I live in Kennett Square, in Southern Chester County (probably closest to Wilmington, DE but also kind of a sub suburb of Philly too). They grow mushrooms here. Fortunately we like mushrooms.

Bummed that I didn't hear about today's crop until today. Tho I suppose it's just as well, my daughter is still sick so babysitting isn't really an option.

Hope everyone is having fun!

-- Florrie

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy
In response to Three Bright Lights

So is anyone planning on hitting the new store this weekend? Do any of you visit the Quakertown store?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Thanks for reminding me !!!! Woo hoo. I just received a thoughtful gift check from my mom for my birthday. I am really looking forward to checking it out.

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

The Quakertown store is awesome!!!!! If you see something in a magazine, they probably have it or can get it fairly quickly.

As for the new store, I might check it out in the next few weeks or so. I've heard though that the owners are not scrapbookers and are only in it for the money rather than the love of the craft. That's disappointing if it's true.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Is that the Memory Lane store that is in Quakertown? Is anyone going to their Allentown crop at the end of March?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

If I go to that new store this weekend, I'll ask and see if the managers actually scrapbook or not. I guess that would be a shame - might even cause their prices to not be as good. I mean, they are a business so they are working to make money, but I guess we'll all just wait and see.

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

I heard that the person opening up the new store used to scrapbook at the Quakertown store. Something about a whole lot of drama cause of stealing ideas, how true that is we might never know. But I'm still excited about checking out the new store

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

Yes, teh Quakertown store is memory lane. The crops (like the one in Allentown that you mentioned) are actually run under a different company. One of the owners of the q-town store is an owner of the crop company. Their crops sound interesting, but I can't get past the $$$$ of them. Think of how much supply type stuff I could buy for the cost of attending one of those crops!!! I'd rather save my money and go buck-nutty at CK-Valley Forge!!!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

I visited the new scrapbook store in Hilltown this past Saturday. It was very crowded, but there were a lot of staff helping people and making things run smoothly. It is very clean and wekk organized and they had lots of great lines such as Heidi Swapp , BG, Chatterbox , Scrapworks , even had some MM totes. The store was divided into themed sections so the brand products were mostly split up throughout the store, instead of putting all the same stuff together. (though some was grouped). They also had a nice child care area and the crop section looked like a professional office with large black chairs and sleek tables. I didn't look at their tool center at all. I thought the prices were reasonable and think it would be hard to find a lot of the products at the local AC Moore or Michaels so I think they found a good niche.
Did anyone else check it out?

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

I was there on Saturday as well. In fact, I was their first customer that day... had to wait for them to open the door! hehe!

I agree with what you said. They had more of certain product lines than lots of other stores - Making Memories , for instance. I appreciated the bigger selection. It's about half as far as the Quakertown store is for me, so I'll probably go there (Hilltown) more often. But then again, if I've gone that far, why not keep going?? (that's what I did on Saturday - Hilltown, and then Quakertown!!)

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Is anyone going to Crop Classix event in Dover DE this weekend?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Hope it was great. I am going to Allentown at the end of the month.....

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

talking about the new scrapbooking store their first week you know how you could enter your name for a drawing well I won a $50 gift cert to the store so super excited!!

Jen0311
Expert
Jen0311

Hello

I just wanted to say "hi". I am new to this MB and was happy to find a PA thread. I live on the border of Montgomery/Berks counties. I am in between KOP and Reading (closer to KOP).

I agree with what everyone has said about the store Memory Lane. I am taking a Donna Downey class and crop close to the end of this month. I am sooo excited!

Jen

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280
In response to Jen0311

Yeah Amy! Congrats on your win! I guess since I haven't heard anything, I haven't won. But, I'm glad one of our "neighbors" did!

Welcome Jen!!

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

Welcome Jen
I'm on the boarder of Bucks/Montgomery. I haven't been to Memory Lane in awhile probably like over a month I am in their scrapbooking book club. But last month it was cancelled due to the snow and this month my husband and I are going to a concert so I'll miss it again so far I've only been to one but enjoyed going.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Is anyone else going to the ScrapinAway Allentown weekend crop 3/31-4/2?

Jen0311
Expert
Jen0311

Hi Amy

Where are you located? I am in Gilbertsville which is in Montgomery county. ML is about a 25 minute drive for me. I am going to ML next Friday for their crop and then the following weekend I will be there for the Donna D class and crop so I will be there a couple times this month.

I saw they had a book club but the books are scrap related right? I would love to join a book club but I would want ot read regular books since I rarely read scrap ones. I did just get Stacy J's Big Picture one though.

Happyscrapper- I soooo wanted to go to the Allentown weekend but I did not have anyone to go with me and thought I would feel funny going alone. I am definitely looking to go the the Split Rock event in January and hopefully to at least two retreats before that one. I have decided I am ok with going alone if need be. A weekend away from my kids and husband would be a dream, lol although I know I would miss them.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Jen0311

Jen- I have gone to several on my own, and although it is more comfortable to go with someone else, most people are friendly and you meet new people. I don't know how far away you live, but I do know she has openings for "local" scrappers. Why don't you come for a day or 2.It would be great to meet you.
I went to Split Rock this January and will probably go again next year. It was fun and I got a lot accomplished.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Are any PA scrappers going to the Memories Expo?

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

Jen I live in Telford work out of Souderton

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue

• happy2Bscrapper Said:

I will probably go for the day to shop. I am going to the CK Convention in July, and since the Expo is in June this year, I can't swing two get aways in that time.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to ScrappySue

I am planning to do both days of both conventions.I did both of them last year and it is a shame that they are both so close together this year....

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

• happy2Bscrapper Said:

I dont even have a clue what/where/when all this stuff is!!!?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

It is in Somerset, NJ on June 2 and 3. The website is located at www dot memoriesexpo dot com.

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ

*pops in to say hi*

Hey all! My scrapbooking small group was considering hosting a crop to raise money for our church's Missions trip to Peru, but I'm unsure. Basically I would be in charge of it and I just don't know if I would be able to plan everything correctly and get all the necessary elements, being as since I don't have that much SB experience

Otherwise, things are good down by Norristown

ScrappyCat31
Expert
ScrappyCat31
In response to GodrockDJ

Yea! I just joined today and learned there is a link for PA scrappers-so cool! I was born and raised in Philly, went to college at Slippery Rock U and lived in Gilbertsville and Collegeville. Now I'm in MD but very close to PA. I'll be checking into this thread often!

Ms.Vicki55
Mayor
Ms.Vicki55
In response to ScrappyCat31

Welcome to PA Scrappers! I was born and raised in western PA and moved away for 25 years, but now I am in the Poconos. We lived in MD for 17 years! Northern MD, Harford County. Do you live anywhere near there? Our oldest daughter still lives there and we visit often. They are putting in a new scrapbook store near her. You can PM me for the name if you would like to know.

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ
In response to Ms.Vicki55

Has anyone heard about the new SB store opening in Hatfield? I actually got an email about it a few weeks ago; they had our emails from signups at a recent SB yard sale. Anyways they were looking for croppers to teach and to display their stuff for the upcoming store.

Alison in PA
Veteran
Alison in PA
In response to GodrockDJ

Oh, man!!! I've been reading the western PA board for a while and didn't realize there was an Eastern PA group. Glad to find you guys! I'm in Lancaster. I'm about 4 minutes from Paperoni in Willow Street (which I've heard mentioned a few times in this forum). Paperoni is great, by the way and the owner now does crops EVERY Saturday night for $10, including dinner and you get to use of TONS of the store's tools and supplies. I went to my first last week. It's from 6-midnight (but usually goes much later). Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" to you guys!

Jen0311
Expert
Jen0311
In response to Alison in PA

Hi Alison

I used to live in the Lancaster area. I went to college at Millersville. I now live on the border of Berks/Montgomery counties.

Your LSS crops sound fun. We have someting similar out here and same deal....6-12 $10 and dinner included. It's fun and I have been trying to go regularly as I used to be a lone scrapper so it's nice to get out and share the hobby and see other people's work. Welcome to this board. I am pretty new here.

Jen

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap
In response to Jen0311

Is anyone go to the Premiere ScrapbookingCrop in Lancaster from April 28-30? The deadline for payment is Mar. 28th. $50 downpayment when you register.
It sounds like a very nice place, and loads of fun!
Pat

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to GodrockDJ

Where the heck are these sb yards sales?!?! I need to sell some stuff and can't find one for the life of me. I know there was one last year, but it was run by the gals who now run the Hilltown LSS and they aren't doing one again.

What is this new place in Hatfield??? Do tell.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Jen0311

Hi Jen - when did you go to Millersville?

Jen0311
Expert
Jen0311

Hi Ever

I graduated from MU in 1995...went from 91-95.

Did you go to MU too?

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280
In response to Jen0311

The LSS in Quakertown is having a yard sale at the end of April.

The new place in Hatfield IS the new place in Hilltown. It's a cool store... nice variety of stuff.... arranged by theme more so than by product line, which is kinda nice when you are planning out layouts.

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ

Yah the postcard I got in the mail has a mailing address of Hatfiled but I definitely think it's one of those "on the border" things. It opens Fri the 31st and is called Make it Unforgettable. It's at 1250 Bethlehem Pike. Basically on 309 across from the Walmart, I believe!

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280
In response to GodrockDJ

It's actually been open a while now... a month at least.

Yes, it is right across from the WalMart.

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!

the schedule is now up at the website for the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge!!!!

registration starts april 12!!!!

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey

Oooohhhh! Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting and waiting for the schedule to be on-line!

Alison in PA
Veteran
Alison in PA

I've been looking at it, too. I can't wait. There are about 9 classes I'd like to take. What is everyone else taking? I wasn't at the CK convention last year, but I'm super excited about going this year.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Jen0311

Yes - I did - I graduated in Dec '93 - wonder if we have crossed paths?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Thanks for letting us know the CK Class List was posted! I am saving $ for the convention - looking forward to it. These are the classes I'm interested in - I hope I can get them - they really fill fast.

Basic Grey at it's Best Embellish It
Bazzil/ Basic Grey Latest&Greatest Embellish It
Scrapworks Keep it Colorful Scrapworks
In Living Color Scrapworks
See it Love it Touch it SEI
Inside the Box with SEI SEI
Petalicious Photosynthesis SEI
It's in the Bag SEI

Depending on our scehdules maybe we can plan to meet for a lunch or dinner one day.

Edited by eversoclever on 04-02-06 02:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I am also looking at the Basic Grey , Scrapworks , SEI , and Lisa Bearenson classes....

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1

Just wanted to say "Hi", I'm new here and my name is Donna, I live in West Chester, PA (a/k/a QVC-land) actually East Goshen Twp.
I love to scrap, chat and shop!
I see a few ladies here are regulars at memory lane, it's my favorite LSS. I was there for the Donna Downey experience and had a great time.
Look forward to getting to know you all and meeting you at a crop!
Who is registering for CKConvention/Valley Forge next week?
~Donna

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Hi, I'm from NJ but do some cropping in Pa. I was in Allentown for Rollie's crop this past weekend. I am going to both the Memories Expo in NJ June 2 and 3 and the Ck Convention. There were quite a few ladies there who were from West Chester....

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1

Hi there happy2Bscrapper,
I heard the SAVE weekend was a blast! I will be going to the CK Convention this year too.
I met the West Chester "posse" at the Donna Downey weekend, they are a hoot!
Maybe, I'll see you at the Convention or a SAVE weekend. I'm planning on Split Rock in Jan 2007!
~Donna

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Scraphappy.1

It was a lot of fun.... I will probably be at Split Rock 1/07 also. I was there last January also...Hope to meet you...

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Hi Scraphappy1 -- looks like we are neighbors. I live in Kennett Square. I think I will be regestering for the valley forge convention. IT will be my first... I've only been scrapping since around Christmas. Where is Memory Lane? I've been going down to Newark (DE) to HEartfelt Memories, but am certainly interested in another good LSS not too far away!

Great to meet you!

-- Florrie

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1
In response to Three Bright Lights

Hi Florrie,
The Convention will be alot of fun! The shopping is awesome and any class with Lisa B. is very inpspriational. The classes are OK, but I went to Camp Memory Maker and the classes were much better but I guess that is the difference between a CK Convention and a CKU.

Memory Lane is in Quakertown, the address is 2415 Rt 663, Quakertown, PA 18951 (215) 529-9194, if you want to do a mapquest search. It is an hour from West Chester but well worth the trip
~ Donna

Jen0311
Expert
Jen0311

Memory Lane is awesome! Well worth the trip if you ask me. I took a class with DD on Saturday and it was a lot of fun!

I want to go to Split Rock in January 07.

Anyone do any other local weekend getaways. I am thinking of doing on in Lafayette Hill in August. I have cropped before but this would be my first weekend one so I'd love if anyone can tell me good weekend crops hosted in the area.

Thanks
Jen

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1
In response to Jen0311

Hi Jen,
One of the owners of memory lane, Rollie, also owns Scrapping Away Vacation Events (S.A.V.E), here is the link to the website:
http://www.scrappinawayvacations.com/

I am planning on going to Split Rock in January 2007. I've heard only good things about these cropping weekends from friends.

Besides the CK Convention, I'm also planning on Crop for a Cure this year, the website link:
http://www.cropforacurepa.zoomshare.com/

Hope to see some of you ladies from southeastern PA at these events!
Ciao,
~Donna

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I have been at two of the SAVE crops including the one at Split Rock last January. I also have been at several of the Simply Cropping crops including the one at the ACE Center at Lafeyette Hills last October. At this point, I am planning to go to their August crop. Both of these were good.
I also went to the CK Convention last year and plan to go to both days of it this year also.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

The CK convention was awesome last year and I really enjoyed the Simply Cropping event at Lafayette Hill. I may plan to do the "day" package again this year because I live nearby, but I will be 8 months pregnant by them so who knows?!? I have also been to 2 Crop Classix events which were good/low key and looking into the Scrappin' Away events. Because of my prenganay, I am limiting myself to the CK convention and maybe the all-day at ACE Conference Center because I won't have to stay overnight. I'm not ruling out crops at lss's, though it is frr to crop at home and I get a lot of quiet time on the weekends when my son goes to sleep and my DH is at poker.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Two More Days

-until registration for CK convention!!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I am getting excited.... Hope that i am able to take the classes that I want to take....

Alison in PA
Veteran
Alison in PA

I've got my CK Convention class choices narrowed down to six...hopefully I'll get them at the times I'm hoping for! Maybe I'll see some of you in the classes.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Countdown to sign ups.......

Alison in PA
Veteran
Alison in PA

Woo Hoo! I'm done with CK registration! I got into all of the classes I was hoping for. Here's what I'm taking: Transparent Overlay Magic, Latest & Greatest ( Bazzill & Basic Grey ), CK Block Party, Getting Down and Dirty with CK, Forever My Little Girl, and Acrylic Mania. What is everyone else registered for?

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

hi all...hi Florrie!

I'm wondering what this ck convention is? Do any of you have a link for signups & info you could pm me?

I'm from the pittsburgh area, but this sounds like it could be worth the travel time!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Diva Scraps

On Friday I am taking: B.Grey at it's Best, Simply Become who you are, In Living Color, and on Saturday I am taking: Forever My Little Boy, Bazzill and BG, ANything But BG, and the crop.

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i posted this on the other PA board so I will post it here as well!!

hey i was just wondering if the night crops at CKC were fun/worth it?? I am staying over Fri and Sat and have 9 classes.... that seems like a lot but I never did a convention before... (is that too many? haha i couldnt choose!) i didnt know if i should add a crop on sat night or not.... let me know if they are fun!!

also is anyone else going??

classes i took: (if anyone knows if any of them will be a waste let me know since i am new to the whole convention thing!)

PETALicious PHOTOsynthesis ($15.00)
(Friday, July 28) 11:10 am - 12:10 pm
Category: Classes
Sponsored by: SEI

Simply Become Who You Are ($18.00)
(Friday, July 28) 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Sponsored by: Creating Keepsakes

It’s in the Bag! ($30.00)
(Friday, July 28) 1:50 pm - 3:50 pm
Sponsored by: SEI

Vintage Hip with MM ($14.00)
(Friday, July 28) 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Sponsored by: Making Memories

Live, Learn Pass It On ($25.00)
(Friday, July 28) 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Category: Evening Classes
Sponsored by: Creating Keepsakes

Scrapworks : Keep it Colorful ($14.00)
(Saturday, July 29) 11:10 am - 12:10 pm
Sponsored by: Scrapworks

Bazzill + BasicGrey = Latest and Greatest ($15.00)
(Saturday, July 29) 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Sponsored by: embellish IT!

Anything But Basic With BasicGrey ($15.00)
(Saturday, July 29) 1:50 pm - 2:50 pm
Sponsored by: embellish IT!

Out of the Box ($15.00)
(Saturday, July 29) 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Sponsored by: Kinnon Keepsakes

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Alyssa_M

Hi Bewmie - you chose great classes for your first convention. I thought there were a few duds (to me) and you didn't have any of those on your list. We have several of the same classes, but not the same time slots. I didn't go to any of the crops last year, but a friend and I are staying over Friday so we registered for it.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Eversoclever- Hi, again. What classes are you taking and are you volunteering this year?
Bewmie- They sound like good classes. We are in three of the same classes. We are going to the Saturday night crop and will drive home afterwards.

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1

I'm in for the Convention too, here are my classes:
My Sonís Hand
(Friday, July 28 2006) 1:50 pm - 2:50 pm

"Memories Displayed" Oversized Accordion Mantle Book -Sponsored by: Junkitz
(Friday, July 28 2006) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Simply Become Who You Are
(Saturday, July 29 2006) 11:10 am - 12:10 pm

Bazzill + BasicGrey = Latest and Greatest
(Saturday, July 29 2006) 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm

Vintage Hip with MM
(Saturday, July 29 2006) 1:50 pm - 2:50 pm

Hope to see some of you at the convention!
~Donna

p.s. - Is there anything that folks from scrapbook.com do to know each other, like wear a ribbon or something, tia ?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Donna... We are in the same Bazzill / Basic Grey class. If you look at the "General Scrapbooking" section, someone had ordered and was selling at cost little purple pins....I got mine last week. She may have had some left over if people didn't pay for them. You can check with her. Also, the store sells t-shirts...

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Scraphappy - yes, superpezgirl (sp?) organized, ordered and mailed buttons and I believe she has extras from people who never paid her. (they were 30 cents each). Try searching her posts. I ordered 3, but didn't get them yet.

Hi happy2bscrapper - how ARE you? I'm 4 months pregnant!!! I am working again this year, though I don't know what shift until late June.

My classes:
BasicGrey At Itís Best!

Bazzill + BasicGrey = Latest and Greatest (Friday, July 28) 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm

Scrapworks : Keep it Colorful
(Friday, July 28) 1:50 pm - 2:50 pm

In Living Color
(Friday, July 28) 3:10 pm - 4:10 pm

See It! Love It! Touch It!
(Friday, July 28) 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm

Fun-Filled Friday Night Crop
(Friday, July 28) 7:00 pm - 11:30 pm

Inside The Box with SEI
(Saturday, July 29) 8:30 am - 10:30 am

PETALicious PHOTOsynthesis
(Saturday, July 29) 11:10 am - 12:10 pm

Itís in the Bag!
(Saturday, July 29) 1:50 pm - 3:50 pm

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Eversoclever- Congratulations!!!!! That's exciting...
We will be in 2 of the same classes. It will be great to see you again. Mary (from the QVC crop) and I will be in your Friday Basic Grey at it's Best and In Living Color classes... I am really excited not only that I am going but that I got into the classes that I wasnted to be in... See you in July...

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap

• eversoclever Said:
Scraphappy - yes, superpezgirl (sp?) organized, ordered and mailed buttons and I believe she has extras from people who never paid her. (they were 30 cents each). Try searching her posts. I ordered 3, but didn't get them yet.

My classes:
BasicGrey At It?s Best!

I was so glad to see your post about the buttons. I just went and ordered 1, but I see that some people ordered 20!! Hope I get mine.

I am in the same BG class as you!

I am also taking:
Thursday:
Simply Become Who You Are
Joy of Card Making: A Second Helping
Monogram Madness
Friday:
Bazzill + BasicGrey =Latest and Greatest
Slide Mount Extravaganza
Simply Fabulous with MM

Everyone was all over those classes, loads of them on Fri were taken already. There were others that I wanted to take, but kept it down to a minimum. lol

This is my first Convention, and I'm really excited now!!

Hope to meet lots of you there!

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i really hope to meet some of you girls!! like if we are in the same class ori if everyone meets for lunch or something! i have never been to anything scrapbook related other than a store so i dont know what to expect!

Edited by bewmie on 04-12-06 07:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jen0311
Expert
Jen0311
In response to Alyssa_M

Hi All,

I registered for the following:

Friday
It's in the Bag- SEI 1:50pm class

Saturday
My Daughter's Hand 11:10am class

A Year in the Life Album Rusty Pickle class 1:50pm

See It, Love It, Touch It! SEI class 4:30pm

I might add one or two more on Friday but am waiting to see if they add any new classes.

I am only signed up for 4 total classes but got a message that I qualified for the free day passes and the hour early entry. Is that because two of my classes are two hours instead of one?

I hope to see some of you in class!

Jen

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

Hi ladies!

Bewmie - My friend and I are taking the Lisa Bearnson class at the same time as you on Friday ngiht.

Eversoclever - My friend and I will be in your Keep it Colorful and In Living Color classes.

I'm also taking Inspire your Style on Saturday morning.

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

Jen0311 -

I think they put that message up about the free stuff to show you that you could get it, not that you did. I registered for 4 classes as well, including a longer one, but when I do the math to add up the prices, I didn't get the discount. They just mention it like "hey, take another class and get the deal".

YourImaginaryFriend
New Kid On the Block
YourImaginaryFriend

I'm leaving my mark.

Schuylkill County here (also known as the land where craft stores go to die)

I bet some of "yous" have heard of it.

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to YourImaginaryFriend

AHHH!! yourimaginaryfriend!

i am from mount carmel (actually atlas but my house burned down in jan, i'm sure you have heard about the crazy amounts of fires in atlas in the past few months) i am away at school at penn state and my dad now has an apt in mt carmel - getting married in aug and moving to shamokin... where in schuylkill co are u?

i love seeing people close to me on here! when i was at the hazleton campus i used to go to ben frankilin for scrap stuff... havent been there in a few years though so i dont know their selection... are they still open?

YourImaginaryFriend
New Kid On the Block
YourImaginaryFriend
In response to Alyssa_M

It's odd that someone's actually heard of Schuylkill County. I'm honestly laughing right now. I'm in Pottsville, best known as the home of Yuengling Brewery. My son happens to be a big fan of the lions. The only football games he's ever sat through.

I know all about the fires, so sad. My younger brother is a fire fighter so he keeps us in the loop. He's been pretty busy with all the mine area homes that go poof like magic with no help from the coal company that wants the people gone.

Ben Franklin? I've never been there. Then again, I do most shopping online. They closed all the local craft and fabric stores once Wal Mart came to St. Clair. At least they have a good selection, can't complain much.

There you have it.... (bad joke alert)
You've got a friend in Pennsylvania, a new imaginary friend at that.

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i too do most of my shopping online... since there really is no where to buy it and even when i do get to a scrap store they dont have everything i want! ben franklin was in the mall in hazleton... i would imagine it is still there.... of course that was the only reason i went to the mall because it was pretty horrible... no good stores.. stuff may have changed by now though

i definitely know pottsville... i have been there quite a bit lately for random reasons.. i dont know if it is technically cressona but we went to staples to get my dad a new comp

haha PAs slogan needs some updating... pretty clever though with your name!!

are there any crops or anything in the region? i also heard there was a scrap store somewhere around pine grove? i think thats where?

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap

• YourImaginaryFriend Said:

Schuylkill County here (also known as the land where craft stores go to die)
I bet some of "yous" have heard of it.

LOL I most certainly have heard of "yins." I went to school in Reading, and one of my best friends was from Pottsville. There were quite a few students from there.

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap
In response to Alyssa_M

• Quote:

are there any crops or anything in the region? i also heard there was a scrap store somewhere around pine grove? i think thats where?

Someone had posted a Crop for a Cure that is being held at the Sheraton Reading Hotel Oct. 7 & 8.
I thought it would be fun to go back to Reading for that!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Patscrap

Is anyone surprised that more classes aren't sold out for the CK convention? I though it would be a mad rush with registration, but only a few sold out that first day. I am trying my hardest to save $ for the vendor fair :0)

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i know what u are saying!! i was never there so i dont even know what to expect or how much money i will need!!

yins is said a lot out here in state college too... i never heard it before i came here... at home everyone says yous.... oh man do i hate it!!! haha

im happy i got the classes i did because a lot of mine are sold out!

SDSU~kim
Veteran
SDSU~kim
In response to Alyssa_M

Hi my name is Kim and I am a newbie. I can across this board and wanted to drop. I recently moved to PA and have been looking for other scrapbookers. I too live in Schuylkill County, near Pottsville and Schuykill Haven. I would love to meet some other scrapbookers in the area.
I am still trying to find craft stores nearby:)

Kim

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to SDSU~kim

ahhhh another coal regioner!!! lol i am from mount carmel - actually atlas but my dad lives in mtc now!

i go to school at penn state.. i have been going home the past few weekends... there are very few craft stores nearby!!! if ben franklin crafts is still in the hazleton mall that is an ok place... danville has a scrap store but it isnt really my style of stuff... i havent been there in a few months though so it may have gotten better!

SDSU~kim
Veteran
SDSU~kim
In response to Alyssa_M

I am still learning my way around out here. My husband was born and raised out here. I am a transplant from San Diego. I wish there were more scrapbook store s nearby. I had gone to one in Pine Grove otherwise I usually go to the one in Hershey if I am in the area. I did recently find AC Moore down in Reading so that was fun to find.

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to SDSU~kim

i havent been to the one in pine grove but i heard about it... was it any good???

i love the hershey store... it is the best i have been to!! im going to the one in butler on sat... was never there before...

i think i remember seeing some posts... probably in the pa scrappers board... that had a list of all the stores around... i know there are a lot in south eastern pa... im going to the CK convention in valley forge in july.. that should be fun!!

if i came from san diego to pa i think i would go nuts!!! good luck with everything! i bet there were a lot more stores in cali!! i have to buy everything online! which is fine but i like to see things in person

YourImaginaryFriend
New Kid On the Block
YourImaginaryFriend
In response to Alyssa_M

Wow, I missed a lot.
It's hard to believe there are "others" so close by.

Attending anything is an issue for me, lol. If I have $10 saved for something specific that costs $20 and anything else catches my eye... well, I can always start over. I'm horrible like that.

Since shopping is so difficult in the area, I've learned to make my own supplies. I honestly think the scrap stores here put out only ONE pack of everything to annoy me. (I tend to buy extra "just in case.") If I run across any new stores within range, I'll let you guys know.

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

im surprised there are so many ppl near my hometown too!! its cool knowing im not the only one - when i say scrapbook they are like "whats that?"

making your own supplies is a good idea!! then you know its original!!! i dont really do much of it but i had some ideas i wanted to try

Page 2 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics