Page 3 of 10 
Username Post: Pennsylvania - Eastern Region Scrappers        (Topic#1196801)
SDSU~kim
Veteran
SDSU~kim
In response to Alyssa_M

I will admit I was spoiled in San Diego with tons of lss. I assumed it was like that everywhere. Silly me:) I used to get all of my supplies at LSS now I have resorted to online, QVC and occassional trips done to Hershey. The Pine Grove store was okay, but not great. They did have a cropping area so maybe one day I will head over there and crop.

Kim

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to SDSU~kim

i will have to check it out when i am home... thats the same way i feel about the danville store... ok but nothing great

i think i should just open a store of my own! haha. i would go out of business because i would want to buy everything!!!

what is the store in pine grove called?? i should get home in the next 2 weeks sometime. i was never at a crop! i am supposed to go to butler tomorrow but i havent even gotten anything ready and it is already 3:15am and a 3 hour drive!! they are meeting at 12pm! i should get to sleep so i can make it!!!

thanks for the info on the store!!

SDSU~kim
Veteran
SDSU~kim
In response to Alyssa_M

Its called Picture Perfect Scrapbooking...here is their site:

http://www.picture-perfect-scrapbooking.com/index.html

I hit AC Moore yesterday with some 50% coupons. I had registered on their site for their weekly ads. I ended up coming home with some refills for my Xyron and some paper. How was your crop?

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to SDSU~kim

i didnt go because i went out on fri night - i wasnt planning on it then i did last minute and i couldnt wake up! i dont even remember shutting my alarm off... its 3 hrs away so i would have needed to be up at 8... oh well mabe next time!

i should register for their ads... i just spent wayyyyy too much in there last night!!!

that store seems pretty big.. i will definitely go when i am home... thanks for thre info!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Alyssa_M

Heads Up Ladies:

Scrapbook Yard Sale, this coming Saturday - April 29th at the Memory Lane store in Quakertown, PA. There will be tons of stuff to purchase - cheap!

for more info: 215-529-9194

SDSU~kim
Veteran
SDSU~kim
In response to EverSoClever

Just checking in, how is everyone doing?

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap
In response to SDSU~kim

Doing great here! I am almost ready for the Premiere SB Event in Lancaster this weekend.
It's already 2:13AM and I'm sitting here falling asleep, but I wanted to find out if anyone mentioned they were going.
Have a great weekend!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Patscrap

What is it?

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue

• eversoclever Said:
Heads Up Ladies:

Scrapbook Yard Sale, this coming Saturday - April 29th at the Memory Lane store in Quakertown, PA. There will be tons of stuff to purchase - cheap!

for more info: 215-529-9194

I heard they have lots of great stuff -- cheap!! I am resisting driving the 45 minutes. I am trying not to buy more stuff.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to ScrappySue

I went to the Memory Lane yard sale in Quakertown yesterday. I got there late because for some reason my DH decided he needed to take my car to run an early morning errand and I couldn't take the big truck, no car seat...etc.

Anyway - it was packed and the deals were amazing. I REALLY tried not to buy anything and got out of there for under $7.00. I picked up some small, plastic organizer for $1 and some new MM snaps sets for 50 cents. I also got a great page kit with LOTS of embellies for $2.

I go back today to pick up my things that didn't sell and to find out what my store credit will be. I believe they are having another sale in the fall. If you haven't been tot hat sotre lately - they have just about doubled their inventory and have everything you can imagine. It is worth the drive. The gals that run the store are really cool too.

Bewmie - how did your sale go?

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

the sale is on the 20th... i still need to get my stuff together - im having a problem with what to price things? i think thats why i havent gotten my things together yet

she said last year paper was mainly 10 cents but that seems really cheap esp since i have new papers i dont want. i was thinking 20 cents but i dont want to price too high. what were the prices like there? and if you have time what were general prices of things?

i have so much stuff, like stacks/slabs of paper i bought because i liked maybe 2 or 3 designs, tons of stickers, paper, etc. i was even going to sell my sticker holder that has the divided clear things in a 3 ring binder type set up - it zips and has a shoulder strap. i also have 3 accordian holdersi dont want. i just have no idea how much i should price this stuff for.. any help is appreciated!

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to Alyssa_M

eversoclever - i just saw you were going to the qvc thing on the 6th. i orig. got tickets for session 2 because the first one was sold out, and they called me last week to see if i wanted to switch so i did. we should meet up. i was second guessing going because i get bored when i have to drive far/hate it, and bc i was going myself. let me know! do u think it will be fun? are there stores nearby?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Alyssa_M

Hi Alyssa,

My friend and I are going to qvc session 1, though I have to leave immediately after for a dinner. I don't know of any lss's in that area, but you can order any of the products from the show that day during the program. I'm curious to see how the workshop will run. I have to remember my camera!!! We can defintely meet - I'll post what I am wearing closer to the date, but I'm between 4/5 months pregnant so I won't be too hard to find.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Will you be part of a live audience show?

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to happy2Bscrapper

from what i understand it is a workshop and then a live show? i think? its terrible that i dont even know... i should probably look it up again

SDSU~kim
Veteran
SDSU~kim
In response to Alyssa_M

What is this QVC thing? I love QVC! Is this for National Scrapbooking Day? How do you find out about stuff like that?

I was so excited today when I found out QVC has an outlet down in Lancaster. Yippee!!! I told my DH he needs to take me down there soon

Edited by SDSU~kim on 05-03-06 04:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SDSU~kim
Veteran
SDSU~kim
In response to SDSU~kim

Scrapbooking yard sales? How better can it get? So glad I found this site. I feel like I have been in the dark for so long on all this stuff. How fun! Since I really doen't know where anything is yet where is this Quakertown store? I live down in the bottom of Schuylkill County near Schuylkill Haven, is that far from me?

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to SDSU~kim

i found out about the qvc thing when i read a post by eversoclever. they have 2 slots on sat... they called me to ask if i wanted to move my time from the later one to the earlier one so they MIGHT have the early slot available, but when i looked the other night, the later was one still open. it was on their website and the cost is $35 for a 2 hr workshop.. and then we get to see a live taping

i have no idea where i am going so i hope it isnt too hard to find!! i hate driving for a long time so i hope it isnt too far. i was going to go home tomorrow - mount carmel - and drive from there so it wouldnt be as bad.

the sb yard sale is cool... i wish we could all just have a big one of our own so we could keep the money rather than get store credit!! haha

i have no idea where the quakertown store is.. i was hoping to find some store to go to after qvc. im bummed because i wanna download a special digi kit from another site that is only avail. on sat and this site is doing a bunch of contests so i kind of dont even wanna go anymore!! haha

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Alyssa_M

So......eversoclever and bewmie....how was it????Did they give you goodie bags? Did you buy anything while there?

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i never got to see jen!!! there were a lot of pregnant ladies and i kept asking them if they were her and they said no!! haha i bet they thought i was nuts!!!

i thought it was so fun!!! the workshop went reallllllllly fast but its ok because i was more into the environment than finishing my stuff. i dont even know if anyone finished their projects.. we did a page, a card and a tag book. i will upload pics when i have it done!!!

on the show i bought the adhesive ribbon.. its so funny how they just pass phones around so people can order! i liked the chester kit but i had it all already and talked myself out of needing double!!

after the show we got a goodie bag... it had some cool stuff in it.. i got 2 packs of awesome rub on letters - MME dee's designs distressed effects, Lil Davis linen alphabet stickers, glue dots, Heidi Swapp shabby tapes, Cropper Hopper pic holder, MM word fetti stickers, prima things like jolees (flowers in a pot), Colorbok quote pack, and i got weird die cut trees but this lady switched with me and gave me another pack of those rub ons... i liked most of the stuff but didnt really care for the mm stickers, prima things, and i didnt open the quote pack so i dont know about that... overall i am happy!!!

i LOVED the kit for the workshop! a lot of Chatterbox paper, MM blossoms, MM cardstock tags, MM gem stickers, american crafts uptown orage ribbon, pressedm petals chip chatter, liquid chalk pad, Heidi Swapp blooms, 7 gypsies tag album, 7 gyp 97% complete gratitude stickers, american crafts monograms

i hope i didnt forget anything?

it is totally worth it to go.. i had a good time even though i went myself! i met a lady in line so that was cool!! everyone was so nice! i forgot my cam though!!! what kind of idiot forgets her cam??? so as soon as my new friends email me the pics i will put them in my gallery!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Alyssa_M

Sounds great. I would love to go if they do it again.. I noticed that the audience for the 2nd show was very small....

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i had to originally sign up for that one, but then they called me to see if i wanted to switch to the earlier one so i did. i wasnt home in time to watch the later show because i went to the mall nearby

i heard a lot of people talking about "last year" so i guess they have been doing this for a while! if i am still living in pa next year i will definitely go!

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to SDSU~kim

• SDSU~kim Said:
What is this QVC thing? I love QVC! Is this for National Scrapbooking Day? How do you find out about stuff like that?

I was so excited today when I found out QVC has an outlet down in Lancaster. Yippee!!! I told my DH he needs to take me down there soon

If it's the rockvale one, I wouldn't bother.. It was a bit of a dump. THe only thing that i wouldn't have minded looking at was the jewerly. they had TONS of dolls, and the clothes were everywhere and hard to look through. The prices really weren't that great.

I was disappointed leaving that store.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Picture Happy

Hi! Bewmie - I PM'd you. I had a really good time at the workshop, but my friend got was sick so we had to go early. I am MAD I missed the freebie bag after the show - I KNEW I shouldn't have left but oh well.

I finished all of the projects so I'll have to post photos when I get a chance.

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i havent finished but im thinking of working on it soon... im staying home another night because i got an appt with my hair dresser tomorrow!!! i would have had to wait til the 22nd but there was a cancellation!! wooohooo

the bag was ok... i was excited about the rub ons.. i think everyone had different stuff because a lady i met had maybe 2 different things.. like i said above, i had these weird die cut tress.. like a foot tall! i dont know what i could have done with those. haha

i added some pics to my blog!! the address is in my sig! i forgot my cam so they were taken by the lady i met! i wish i wouldnt have forgotten my cam

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Alyssa_M

Are there any events coming up in the local area or is everyone saving up for the CK convention in July? I think I'll do some ebaying (selling) this weekend...

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I'm saving up for the Memories Expo.... It is less than a month away, now....and then for me its the CK Convention and the Simply Cropping weekend....

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i never know when anything good happens! if there is anything cool going on make sure to post about it

i really need to sell stuff on ebay but it is such a hassle!! i feel like hiring someone to do it but that would probably be an even bigger hassle!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Alyssa_M

I need to ebay some stuff myself and it is a big pita. The least painful way for me is to:

Organize items in one area/on table
Take photo(s) of item #1
Jot down description on pad
Repeat with item #2 until finished
Go to computer and upload/edit all pics
Type all descriptions in word
Go to ebay and list all photos and copy/paste decriptions at same time to end auctions on a Sunday (I read was busiest)

and take phot

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Alyssa, I am in these 3 classes with you:

Simply Become Who You Are
(Friday, July 28) 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm

Bazzill + BasicGrey = Latest and Greatest
(Saturday, July 29) 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm

Anything But Basic With BasicGrey
(Saturday, July 29) 1:50 pm - 2:50 pm

Are you staying for the Saturday night crop? We will be there.

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

i was thinking about it since i am staying over on fri and sat night! i didnt pay for it yet but i will prob add it soon! I am going myself so we should meet up in our classes!

the crop sounded fun since i was never at one... but i thought it would be a bummer not knowing anyone... i dont know why i put off adding it because i will only be in my room if im not at the crop!

jen - i have this crazy heavy duty button maker i need to re-sell on there. i got it for the pres. election.. i was in a club and made over 2000 of them!! i paid $20 shipping when i got it but the prob is.. with that and all auctions... i never know what to ay for shipping because i dont know how much it would cost and i dont want to over/under price. i need to do it before i move in aug though..

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Alyssa_M

Yes, we should try to meet...and you are welcome to sit with us at the crop. We are driving back to NJ after the crop. We are staying Friday night but on Friday I am trying to meet up with a college roommate who lives in the area.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Everone should wear those sb.com come buttons from superpezgirl :0)

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I'll wear mine.... They are having a booth at the Memories Expo, so I plan to buy one of their shirts while I am there....

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

im going to wear mine but was thinking of making a bigger one since i have the button maker anyway. the words are hard to see since it is purple and black and so small.... do u know if she needed any permission to make them?? i guess if it is just for me and im not making a profit it wouldnt be a prob??

fri night i have the class with lisa b! im excited about it... u must be happy to get the chance to see your old roommate!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Alyssa_M

If You are able to make a larger version of them, I would love one....I was disapointed that they are so small....
Yes it is always so much fun when my roommate and I are able to get together. She lives between there and Reading and last year I went by myself and stayed with her. We went out to dinner and stayed up and talked. I am hoping that we can do it again but she is still unsure of their summer plans so I am still waiting to hear from her.... they have a May wedding so have been busy lately.
This year I am going out with a friend who has gotten a room anyway so that if it doesn't work out with my roommate, I have a place to stay.

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin

Hi all you fellow PA'ers. I'm from the western pa board, and want to ask you all a question. I am in this challenge to get the most comments on my LO. Can you please post a comment for me and maybe win. It wil be much appreciated. Here is the Link and thank you!

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M
In response to miklin

i will definitely make some buttons... i will have to order more supplies because the ones i had burned in the fire at home in jan... good thing i had the machine at school with me... in a few days i will order some more.. i might need permission from this site so i will look into that too.. but i agree the size of the other is too small.. only the ppl who already have them will know what they are

time for sleep!! i only had 7 hrs in the past 2 days

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Alyssa_M

Oh, wow... you had a fire in your Home? Was it badly burned and did you loose much? Sorry to hear about it..
By the way, Congratulations!

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

the whole thing is going to be torn down.... i dont know when they are going to do it... it has been a few months now! my dad had to sell it to the demo guy so i guess it is in his hands now...

my house was in rows.. like san francisco homes (every time i say row home no one knows what i mean! haha i dont know if it is a coal region thing or what) well the neighbors house had an electrical fire and ours was connected so it burned down... and it ended up being worse than hers!! the whole first level is totally black... and flat. it looks like it was full of empty rooms.. no cabinet doors in the kitchen, no table, etc. the second floor is pretty bad.. we were able to take a few things from the basement, 2nd floor and attic.. the ff's did a great job in saving what they could but there is no way anyone can live in it. my dad lost everything.. i had a few things in boxes i was able to get but everything smells anyway. fire didnt reach the attic so we were able to get pictures from when i was a kid. i will have to add some pics of the house to my gallery.

i want to do a lo on it to hopefully put it behind me because i keep having dreams about it... i dont think i fully got over it or even started to...

thanks for the congrats!! i thought i would cry but i really didnt... just a few tears... now the hard part is finding a job!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Alyssa_M

Wow, did you have a ot of your stuff at school? I Can't imagine losing family memorabilia.....
So what are your plans now? What did you get your degree in?

Alyssa_M
Veteran
Alyssa_M

most of my stuff was at school but i had a LOT of stuff in boxes that i couldnt bring to my new house because i dont have a lot of room, so i was going to take it once i graduated... like silverware, plates, etc and some other random stuff i wanted but didnt need right now... i wasnt even thinking about my senior pics, pics on the shelves, etc until i saw pictures of my living room before the fire.. its such a bummer

my degree is in media studies and im trying to find a job... i applied at qvc, meredith corp, the new state college baseball team, the spikes and a few other places but havent heard anything.. i hope something comes up because my dad is getting married in aug when my lease ends and i would never move with them.. i couldnt do that to newlyweds... so who knows... everything happens for a reason so im hoping something good comes up

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Alyssa_M

Anyone else going to Memories Expo this weekend?

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

hi ladies!! wanted to pop in and put a link for our scrapping get toether this year in Luray, VA. we have a conference room booked at the Days Inn for the entire day Saturday. Friday night we will be doing dinner and looking to see if there is a LSS close by for some shopping.. Hope youse can join us! 2nd Annual Get together - Luray, VA

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to BJscrapsalot

Hi everyone. I'm just checking in since I've been in a bit of a scrap rut lately. It always happens right after a big event. I'll crop for days, pack my bag then not touch it for a week - (or two or three). Maybe this is the calm before the storm - the storm called CKC Valley Forge in July. I'm looking forward to it :0)

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

The NJ Memories Expo was good. Unfortunately there weren't as many vendors as there were in past years (maybe because the new company, changing the dates, and I also heard that there was another expo the same weekend. We had a good tine at the Saturday night crop party. Nice goodie bags, nice door prizes, and amongst others Tim Holtz did make n takes.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Does anyone have any links to photos or info on the classes for CKC this year? I am taking a ton of them and reading reviews on some other websites.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I saw the photo for the Quick Quote classes on their website, but that is all. Where did you read reviews of the classes, on the CK website? What did they say?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

The reviews I found were on message boards, thought I can't post links. They were the peas one and the ck one.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Thanks. I will look..... Did they change your mind about anything that you were planning to take?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

I already know I am taking too much, but can't seem to drop anything right now. I am working the crop on Thursday night, shopping Fri morning, classes Fri afternnonn, plus the crop. A friend and I are staying over Friday and have some classes on Saturday and maybe some more shopping. I'm big as a house right now too - should be fun getting around! All of my classes are Scrapworks , SEI and Embellish It.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I guess you will be easy to recognize this year!!!! I am taking all 3 of the Basic Grey classes, a Scrapworks , a Quick Quotes and a Lisa class...
I just looked up class reviews on CK and am planning to keep all of my classes. I am starting to get excited. Can't wait...

2sentbygod
Veteran
2sentbygod
In response to ScrappyHappy

I was there a few weeks ago w/my aunt. The scrapbook room is 9,000 sq. feet. They have a huge selection of paper.

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

Man its been a long time since I've been on this thread.
I haven't been to Memory Lane - quakertown in a LONG time. I go weekly to Make it Unforgettable in Hilltown, I love the store and the people too.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Does Memory Lane have a website? How far are they from Valley Forge? I was thinking of visiting them Friday night after the CK Convention. Does anyone know if they are open Friday nights?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

I think the Memory Lane website is simply a storefront - not a full website. They do list their hours though. Google Memory Lane Quakertown

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue

• ScrappyHappy Said:
Man its been a long time since I've been on this thread.
I haven't been to Memory Lane - quakertown in a LONG time. I go weekly to Make it Unforgettable in Hilltown, I love the store and the people too.

I love this store. I have been there to crop once and can't wait to go back. It is a 40 minute ride for me, but so worth it!! I was really impressed with their store.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to ScrappySue

I googled it and although I still wasn't able to find their website I did find a posting that listed their hours, address, and telephone number. I plan on calling them before going up. Does anyone know if Memory Lane is planning to do anything special on the Friday night of the Convention?

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

They don't have anything extra or special planned, just their usual Friday night Girls Night Out Crop. I think it runs from 6 til 12.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Laurel5280

Maybe we will go up for that... Do you have to sign up for that in advance?

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

Yes, you do need to sign up in advance and I think that it usually fills up. It might not be as full that night b/c of the convention, but I don't know for sure. I think it's $10 for the crop and they provide dinner. If you spend $30 in the store that night, you get your crop for free.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Laurel5280

I think that I'll call them and see if there is still room since we want to go up and see the store anyhow....

Ms.Vicki55
Mayor
Ms.Vicki55

Our LSS is planning an all day crop on October 14th. That's lots of advance notice for anyone interested in coming to the Pocono area. If your interested, PM me and I will give you the website so you can contact them.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Ms.Vicki55

We signed up for the Friday night swap at Memory Lane..... Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the store. I have heard so much about it.

clarkscorner
New Kid On the Block
clarkscorner

We are hosting a weekend crop event at the MainStay Suites that coinsides with the CK Convention. We are down the road just 2 minutes from the convention floor. We still have a few spots open for the weekend or the day. We are very excited about what we are planning! Goodie bags are coming together. Vendors and more hotel suites have been added. Come out and play The Price Is Right game!

Our class schedule is now posted. Keep checking back. We expect to add three more classes from our vendors.

If your schedule too busy to fit in a weekend? We are offering a One Day Crop option. You can choose either Friday from 9-11 or Saturday 9-10:30. Rate is $37.50 and includes discount CKC Vendor Faire ticket (if you have one we will discount the crop price by $5), one dinner, goodie bag, door prize ticket, crop space and optional classes.

We would also like to extend an invitation to those attending the CKC crops (or other area crops) on Thursday or Friday night to join us after those crops. After attending your Thursday or Friday night crop come over to spend the night in our hotel then spend Friday or Saturday with us. Let us help you plan your weekend!

If you are unable to join us please stop by to see our vendors or take our classes (pre-registration required)when you are in town. Just past the convention center at 440 American Ave.

Hope to see you there!
Diane

Check out our event website
http://home.comcast.net/~clark-diane/CKC_2006.html

Jmedawn
Guru
Jmedawn
In response to clarkscorner

Hi, I hope ya'll don't mind my jumping in on your thread to make a request. My dd and I are doing a project with postcards and I have been asking anyone who would be willing to mail my dd a postcard. There is more personal info if you use the link in my signature. I find that people at this site are so nice. Please pm if you are interested. Thanks so much either way and again, sorry to "butt" in on your thread.
Jaimie

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Jmedawn

Less than a week to go for CKC.

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

wish I was going to the CKC, some year I'll get to go it just never suites me!

Alison in PA
Veteran
Alison in PA

The time is getting nearer for CKC! My gang (there's 4 of us) is leaving Lancaster at 6:30am. I hate getting up that early, but this is totally worth it!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Alison in PA

We (2 of us) are leaving from central Jersey around the sam time. Can't wait!!!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

We had a great time at CKC. We got up to Memory Lane for the Friday night crop and had a good time. We loved the store and I was able to meet Jen0311.

Aniela
Aniela 
Tenant
Aniela

Hello Eastern PA Scrappers!
I have been posting on the PA scrappers forum and they mentioned that this forum exists for the eastern scrappers too.
I live in the Southern Chester County - West Grove area.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Aniela

Anyone else going to Simply Cropping at the ACE Conference Center at Laffayette Hills 8/25-27?

Jen0311
Expert
Jen0311

I am!!! I am!!!! But you already know that don't you. Hee hee!

Yes, is anyone else coming? I would love to meet some fellow scrappers from this board.

Jen0311
Expert
Jen0311
In response to Jen0311

Hi Aniela

I don't get updates on this thread sometimes. It is nice to see another local here. I am in Montgomery county. How long have you been scrapping and what subjects do you scrap the most?

Jen

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Jen0311

I am so looking forward to the Simply Cropping weekend. Is anyone signing up for the Scrapping Away weekend in January at Split Rock? Registration starts Monday 8/14.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

I'm too far along in my pregnancy to go to the Simply Croppinig crop, though I would really like to. The conference center is so nice - and I'm local so I wouldn't even stay over. I have to save my $ for other things for a while.

I hope you have a blast! I remember they had good candy....

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

and good food..... We will miss you this year. How are you feeling? Let us knoiw when the baby comes.

Ms.Vicki55
Mayor
Ms.Vicki55
In response to michongarf

I live in Monroe Co., Northeast PA. We have a super LSS that is holding an all day crop on Octover 14, 2006. If anyone is interested, they can PM me for more info. They also have a great website that you can check out!

archerchick
New Kid On the Block
archerchick

Hello everyone!!! I am from NEPA and thought it would be nice to find some scrappers from around this area. I am very new to this site (joined yesterday haha) so I'm looking for some friends and people to exchange ideas with. I'm from the Scranton area, anyone here from around there??

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to archerchick

We went to Lancaster this past weekend and I got my husband to stop at the Craft and Flower warehouse in Blue Ball. They have more scrap stuff then most LSSes that I have been in....what a selection.

Ms.Vicki55
Mayor
Ms.Vicki55
In response to archerchick

Hi, I live in Tannersville. That's about 30 miles from Scranton. We have a great LSS here. They are having an all day scrap on 10/14. PM me if you are interested.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

The Craft/Flower Warehouse in Lancaster is to die for. A friend and I went there for the first time right after Christmas last year and just happened to hit the 20% off the whole scrapbooking area sale, plus 55% off all holiday items. I got my Colorbok suede Christmas album for like $12 and a TON of other things. I spent $97 total, but you would not believe the stash I took home - well over $200 worth of stuff. We spent a loooong time shopping too.

I'll have to ask her to do it again this year :0)

I cannot believe I am going to have a daughter in about a month. Wow. I'll keep in touch on that one...definitely!

Oh - I also heard the Memory Lane store in Quakertown is having their fall yard sale Sat, Sep 23rd so mark your calendars!

SDSU~kim
Veteran
SDSU~kim

Hi Scrappers! I live in Schuylkill County and I thought I would pass on info about a going out of business sale at a lss. Picture Perfect Scrapbooking in Pine Grove is going out of business. Their sale started today. Everything is 20% off (this will go up as it gets closer to 9/30 from what I heard which is supposed to be their last day open. They are selling everything..paper racks, wall racks, tables, etc. I went today and bought some paper racks although I can't take them home until it gets closer to end date. If you are in the area you might want to check it out.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to SDSU~kim

You all are talking about the Flower & craft warehouse....I live less then 30 mins from there!! It is a VERY dangerous thing! lol
Although we live almost as close to acmoore & michaels too and THEY have Coupon s....the warehouse is just too AWESOME!
I couldnt beleive all the paper and stickers and everything they have got in there. Its amazing!!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Hi. I usually shop for sb stuff online or at LSS's, but got a GC for Michaels. Which in the area have the best selection of sb stuff? The ones I recall going to weren't even worth it. I live in the Lansdale area, work near King of Prussia, but would drive if I could find a Michales worth going to.

Thanks.

Ms.Vicki55
Mayor
Ms.Vicki55

The Michaels in Easton, PA is great. I shop there often.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Hi Everyone,

I have been around for a while but I never knew this thread was out there. I have been posting on the PA one but everyone is so far away on the western side of the state it seems, so good to hear about places I know.

I am in Palmyra (about 5 minutes from Hershey) and about 30 from Lancaster. I have been thinking of hitting this craft and flower warehouse after reading everyone's thoughts I think I may have to track it down and pay them a friendly visit.

Any other scrapbooking related things going on in our area?

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to Patscrap

• Patscrap Said:
Where is the Phila. crop for next month?

And, where are the Simply Cropping crops and Crop Classix?

Thanks,
Pat

Crop Classix is in November and it is in Harrisburg...Hope this helps!

inkyfingers
Tenant
inkyfingers
In response to scraptoremember

HI all, I'm a newbie here, both on scrapbook.com as well as to PA(just moved here)...but I'm just down the road a bit from Flower & Craft warehouse...just an FYI...SALE this weekend and I believe there is a scrap make and take as well. Face painting for the kids...etc, they do have a mailing list to sign up for, I believe you can call and get added on.

If anyone in the New Holland area knows of any crops coming up that a 'never been to a crop before' girl can go to, please fill me in!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to inkyfingers

There is an October Simply Cropping crop in Absecon, NJ. They are then having a January crop in Wilmington, De. Their website is www dot simplycropping dot com.
Scrapping Away Vacations has a 4 day crop during January at Split Rock in the Poconos. Their website is www dot scrappingawayvacations dot com.
This is a good deal. With 4 in the room it is costing us less than some of the others cost for 3 days and it is a lovely facility....( I went to their Split Rock crop last January).

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Never been to a crop??? Oh you are so missing out I love them, I just went to my first one about a year ago and I am hooked. I have only been to small ones with just a few people but I am going to my first huge one in November at Crop Classix in Harrisburg. I love being able to chat with others while I am working and if I am stumped on a layout the ideas I get from the other scrappers are so much better than what my husband gives me...lol We need to get you to a crop, not everyone likes them, some people don't get anything done because of socializing, luckily the group I usually scrap with are really good about working and chatting so we do get stuff done.

mmcvaney
Resident
mmcvaney

hello PA neighbors! I wanted to post a quick message to let you know about Scrap Camp!

Scrap Camp Oct 13-15, 2006
Cedar Lakes Convention Center, Ripley WV
(about 2 hours from Pittsburg)

There are lots of classes to choose from on Saturday and vendor booths to shop at as well. The packages include lodging and all of your meals! Packages start at $165 for the whole weekend with nonstop cropping time. Set up your supplies and you don't have to clean up until it is time to go home Sunday!

Http://wwww.scrapcamp.com for more details or email [email protected]

inkyfingers
Tenant
inkyfingers
In response to mmcvaney

well, I went to my first crop/class kind of thing tonight. I'll be honest, the lady running it was a sweetheart, but the brand she sells and focuses on is not my kind of thing. I had envisioned something different I guess. Can you girls fill me in on what you do, see, learn, buy at crops & such? I'm seriously thinking about having one at home or holding one locally. What's the 'norm' if I might ask?....thanks all!~inkyfingers

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

• inkyfingers Said:
well, I went to my first crop/class kind of thing tonight. I'll be honest, the lady running it was a sweetheart, but the brand she sells and focuses on is not my kind of thing. I had envisioned something different I guess.

What company was she selling? There are many companies out there so maybe that product line just was not your thing? I am thinking of organizing local crops with some friends, we were honestly just waiting for after the holidays to get started on this. My friend and I do sell for TLC but our crops were more for those who want to come and scrapbook with us type of thing and we would have products there if someone needed something but not really a class or a party type of situation, we are looking into all day crops and moving into an overnight crop if there is enough interest.

On a smaller scale, I get together with my friend Jennifer one Sunday each month to scrapbook, you are welcome to join us if you like. She lives in York so one month it is at her house and the next month it is at mine, today it is at mine! I personally prefer all day or longer crops, I have to much stuff to cart around for a 4 hour crop on say a Friday night, by the time I get set up the crop would only have an hour or so left in it! You know where to find me on here if your interested and for all others, just go to my page and let me know if your interested in attending crops after the first of the year and what you would be looking for at your crop and amount you would be willing to pay, I know my house is not big enough until I get my basement finished so I would probably have to rent out a space....

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

ATTN: Eastern PA scrappers...

What's going on? Some of us just recently found this thread and don't really know everyone here, can we do a roll call of sorts introducing ourselves (briefly as I am sure this has been done before) and get to know each other? I will start:

The obvious comes to mind so my name is Brandi and I am 36, I live in Palmyra, PA (just minutes from Times to Remember - one of the best scrapbook store s in PA - in Hershey) I am married and getting ready to celebrate my 3 year anniversary in October. I am originally from Southern California and my husband is Canadian and next week we will be officially adding a fur baby to our family. We have picked her out and are just waiting for her to be old enough to leave her mom, she is about 6 weeks old now and the cutest little beagle puppy I have ever seen, not that they all aren't cute as can be!

That is me in a nut shell...anyone else game???

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

Hi Brandi!!! I pop in here sometimes....when I remember! lol I live in the Ephrata area (not far from YOU, about an hour)
FUN thing is...I was just recently at THAT lss in Hershey! I liked it!
I am married since 3/99, have a 12yr dd and 2 cat fur babies. Have only been sb about a year or so and still learning alot of stuff, but more stuff and playing with new tools! lol
welcome

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Hello and nice to meet you...You are not far at all. I love Times to Remember I was there yesterday but I was good, I only bought stuff for a swap I am in so I was very good...but it was hard.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

Well, I went to a Crop for a Cure yesterday.....AND......we all got to meet LISA Bearnson!!!!! She came and gave us a magazine and autographed everyones too! How cool was that? lol
Plus, I actually DID get some pages done. lol
here is a link to my Webshots page if you wanna see Crop & Lisa B

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

I had some friends there yesterday too, sounds like you had a great time. I would have loved to have gone but I had family visiting from Canada for the weekend. Congrats on getting some work done, I am falling behind as we speak!

Brandi

Page 3 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics