Page 5 of 10 
Username Post: Pennsylvania - Eastern Region Scrappers        (Topic#1196801)
phantomsphan
Resident
phantomsphan
In response to scraptoremember

Thanks

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to phantomsphan

Welcome Phatomsphan. I am from NJ too but do a lot of scrapbook activities in Pa.

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1
In response to Mix-on the Memories

Belated Happy Birthday wishes Niqui ~ hope you had a wonderful day!

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1
In response to Scraphappy.1

~*~ ROLL CALL for all those going to SAVE/Split Rock on 1/19 ~*~

Are you getting excited? ~ I am, can't wait!!!

Are you taking any classes with Ali Edwards?
I am taking the Favorite Photo's class on Sat at 2:00.

Are you playing Secret Sister?
I am and I'm not gonna tell who mine is I have some top secret surprises ~ she's gonna be spoiled!

My name is donna g. I'll be hanging with the rowdy girlz~ come say hello!!!

P.S. - Hope you got the e-mail about the Autism Fundraiser, there are some very kewl baskets to be raffled off and art-work (including something from Donna Downey) that will be silent auctioned.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Split Rock? I am assuming it is a crop, is that the location or the name of the crop organizers so I can look it up for future crops? I have only attended 1 crop and it was Crop Classix and I loved it, I am going to another one of theirs in Feb, can't wait, but always looking to add more to my calendar...

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Brandi- It is a 4 day crop at Split Rock run by Scrappin Away Vacations. They run 2 or 3 a year.

Donna- I will be there Jenn, who I met on SB.com, will also be there. I am looking forward to it but have a lot of stuff still to get ready.... It is a very nice place. Will be on the lookout for you.... I am not taking a class. There wasn't anything that grabbed me and for that price I didn't want to take something just to take something. I too have a Secret Sister. I love doing this!!! See you there!

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1
In response to happy2Bscrapper

Hi Brandi ~ I sent you a pm!

Hi Elizabeth ~ See you and Jenn at Split Rock

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Thanks so much, I will definately look into it for the ones...always looking for more crops!

Brandi

phantomsphan
Resident
phantomsphan

Where abouts in NJ? I'm outside of Philadelphia on the Jersey side.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to phantomsphan

I'm in central Jersey at the shore.... There is a South Jeresy Scrappers group with a lot of ladies from that area on yahoo.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Hello out there in Eastern PA...what is everyone up to these days? With how quiet it is, I am sure that everyone is just scrappin the days away! Ok, reading all the posts here on scrapbook.com...lol

I just wanted to say Hi and see what everyone is up too. So I am going to start a fun poll for us all to answer and start getting to know each other, so here goes:

1. What are your scrapbook related goals for 2007?
2. Who is your favorite scrapbook "celebrity"?
3. What is your favorite scrapbook tool?
4. What is your favorite scrapbook paper? and Cardstock?
5. What is your favorite scrapbook brand?
6. What tool do you use the most and can not live without - besides your paper trimmer and adhesive?
7. What tool do you want that Santa did not bring this year?
8. Do you scrapbook alone or with others?
9. Do you have your own dedicated scrap space?
10. Do you stand or sit when you scrapbook?
11. Anything else you want to add....

Thanks for playing!

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

• scraptoremember Said:

1. What are your scrapbook related goals for 2007?
Mine is to scrapbook at least 4 hours per week. And I want to scrapbook the pictures from my childhood, but that will take more than 1 year...30 years worth of pictures of my family...YIKES!

2. Who is your favorite scrapbook "celebrity"?
Jill and Becky Higgins, both inspire me a lot with their work. I also really like Stacy Julian and her Big Picture approach to scrapbooking.

3. What is your favorite scrapbook tool?
Hmmm... I do love my newest toy, the cricut, that has been fun to play with, so has my Xyron Design Runner , but the one I use the most is my Karen Foster Click-It - I love eyelets and such...

4. What is your favorite scrapbook paper? and Cardstock?
For Cardstock it is Bazzill and TLC and for patterned paper it is Wild Asparagus , Basic Gray and TLC

5. What is your favorite scrapbook brand?
Making Memories and Xyron , I have many products from both and love all of them. Heidi Swapp too, I love her embellishments!

6. What tool do you use the most and can not live without - besides your paper trimmer and adhesive?
My Click it and my Cricut...

7. What tool do you want that Santa did not bring this year?
Actually, Santa spoils me every year, so for now I am good, until they come up with new products...lol

8. Do you scrapbook alone or with others?
Both, I prefer with others, I love the sharing of ideas or if your stuck having others give input, but I love scrapbooking, so if I have to be alone, so be it!

9. Do you have your own dedicated scrap space?
I do, well I share it with the computer (so I can do my journaling and play on here while I scrapbook!, but I do have a room until we get the basement finished and then I will move down there, or until I get pregnant, then it will be the baby's room, for which I will gladly give up my scrap space!

10. Do you stand or sit when you scrapbook?
Sit...my back would kill me if I had to hunch over. I saw someone at a crop once, stand the whole day while she scrapped, that was weird to me but I am sure she is not alone...so I thought I would ask.
Just that I love to scrapbook, in case you had not figured it out and that I want to get to know other scrappers in the area, there are a lot of us, but our board is really quite a lot of the time....lets get chatting and get to know one another!

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Anyone out there???

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

1. What are your scrapbook related goals for 2007? Haven't made any.
2. Who is your favorite scrapbook "celebrity"? Tim Holtz , Stacey from Junkitz . or Lisa Bearenson
3. What is your favorite scrapbook tool? Heat tool, I love heat embossing
4. What is your favorite scrapbook paper? and Cardstock? Basic Grey , Junkitz , Rusty Pickel and Bazzill
5. What is your favorite scrapbook brand? There are too many to chose from
7. What tool do you want that Santa did not bring this year? Wishblade
8. Do you scrapbook alone or with others? Both
9. Do you have your own dedicated scrap space? No
10. Do you stand or sit when you scrapbook? sit

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

I have a heat gun and I love the look of embossing too, I am just not that good at it. The embossing powder always chips off or does not fully cover what I am trying to emboss, but I will try again, been in an embossing moode lately...any tips for me?

Thanks for playing!
Brandi

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

• scraptoremember Said:

1. What are your scrapbook related goals for 2007? Goals?? goals??? What the heck are they?? lol I have never made any! lol
2. Who is your favorite scrapbook "celebrity"? Guess I am partial to Lisa B....since I actually MET HER!!!
3. What is your favorite scrapbook tool? Cropadile it is awesome
4. What is your favorite scrapbook paper? and Cardstock? Whatever paper I like, thats the one that is my fav!
5. What is your favorite scrapbook brand? I love alot of the different things out there...Heidi, Colorbok ,mm, LOTS!!!
Cropadile I have been using alot, I love my Xyron s too!!! Just got a QK not to long ago and learing to use and relie on it too!!
7. What tool do you want that Santa did not bring this year? Santa did not do anything for me this year.....would love some cool diecut mackine....
8. Do you scrapbook alone or with others? usually with others and at crops/get to gethers?
9. Do you have your own dedicated scrap space? I have a table...sort of? lol
10. Do you stand or sit when you scrapbook? gotta sit....but I know sometimes ya just gotta stand!
11. Anything else you want to add.... I have not been doing this forever, I do not have an Endless amount of $$$, and I love doing this for my dd!!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Bradi- I don't know why it would chip off. I have never had that happen. You have to make sure that you have put on enough powder to cover all th ink. It has to be pigment ink because it takes longer to dry. Make sure that you brush off the excess without removing any that isattached to the ink and then use your heat tool.... I even embossed some bags that I put Christmas gifts in this year!

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Thanks Happy2Bscrapper, I will give it a try again and see if I can get better at it, I think I probably just need to practice some more!

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Michon,

Thanks for playing...I, like you do not have an endless supply of money...and sometimes I think you need that with this hobby.

I am lucky, I do have a husband who spoils me with stuff, but I also know that the spoiling is going to be coming to an end, we need to get some bills paid off!

Brandi

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

I HATE when we have to pay bills instead of buying MORE Sb stuff!!!!! LOL
Cramps my style....lol

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to michongarf

Only 3 more days until the Split Rock crop!!!!

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

It definitely cramps my style...but I have still have style, just not as much...lol I also seem to find the money for what I want. Oh yeah I buy it first, then I do the bills..this way I always have enough money for scrap book supplies...lol

Brandi

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

YES YES YES!!!! That way seems to work BEST FOR ME too!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

• scraptoremember Said:
It definitely cramps my style...but I have still have style, just not as much...lol I also seem to find the money for what I want. Oh yeah I buy it first, then I do the bills..this way I always have enough money for scrap book supplies...lol

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Although I did have some bills to pay, so I paid them and still had enough money to get a new cricut cartridge at Wal-mart...just got the cricut on 12/31 and have 3 cartridges plus the one that came with the machine...an addiction? maybe, most likely but I also fear that once the cartridges are gone from the wal-mart by me they won't sell them anymore and they are such a good price..only $47.00 everywhere else they are $89.99...can't beat that price, also the cricut went up from $155.00 when I bought to $170.00 today when I was there...still a great price but ...going up none the less....I have a hard time paying 89.99 for a font...so I am stocking up now...oh and I am not supposed to be spending any money on scrapping supplies this month...ooops!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

I went to my first overnight retreat last weekend! Lol It was wonderful!!!!!! I have been scrapping once a month with a church group...NOT even My church! Lol AND, they put together this retreat at a camp....it was great! We slept in cabins, had secret sisters, ate LOTS of food, talked a whole bunch....oh, yeah....we scrapped some too! lol

This Sat, is an all day event for Relay for life team....it is great fun too!!!!
I love doing this stuff!!
Hope you are all doing well.

gottoscrap
Pro
gottoscrap

So how was the Split Rock crop? I know I got an email from memory lane telling me that the store was going to be closed because of the crop. I'm curious to hear how it was so I can plan for the future.

My next weekend crop is the 2nd weekend in Feb - not too far away & I am soooooooooooo looking forward to it! It's in Absecon - just outside of Atlantic City & run by Dream Events (they call it an SDV - scrappers dream vacation).

Happy Scrapping!

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to gottoscrap

Hello Everyone in Eastern PA...

How are things going today? Anyone getting any cropping done today...I see some of us have some crops coming up, I will be going to the QVC crop in Feb. is anyone else going?

Just wanted to say HI...and bump us up to the top to hopefully get some more action on our thread

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I went to the Split Rock crop and really enjoyed it. I got so much done.....You can read more about it on Rollie's or Ali's blog. I will definitely go back.
I am still thinking about going one day (Sat) to the QVC crop. No one else around here seems to want to go, so I mioght go by myself....

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

I am going to the QVC crop with some friends for the whole thing, I know it is just an over nighter not a three day weekend one, but any scrap time with friends is a great thing with me.

I am glad you enjoyed split rock...sounds like it was a fun one!

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I went to the one day crop they had last year but I went with a friend and we ended up dricving home in a snow storm. I am trying to decide if I want to go by myself and drive home by myself....

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

i have never doen the QVC thing.....looked like a good time thu...

HAPPY were r u??? anywhere near me??? just wondered....

How is everyone else doing??? I went to some crops but didnt really get much done! Lol
Isnt that they way sometimes?!
oh well...i always have a great time.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

I had some friends who went last year too and they were telling me about the storm, that had to be a mess, but they still had a good time, hopefully if it snows it is only for the time we are actually cropping and not during the drives and loading and unloading, one can hope huh?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I actually live at the Jersey shore but sppend a lot of time cropping and scrapping in Eastern Pa..... In fact, my son will be going to school at Chestnut Hill College for the next couple of years. If they have the QVC crop next year I will definitely go and stay at his apartment. I just don't want to take the chance of going back home in a storm by myself, although I still am thinking about it.... I really would lke to go...
The other problem that we had last year is that they ran out of food for dinner and we had to wiat for them to get more food and they didn't get more of the item that we really wanted. I think that they learned from that and will be better prepared this year....

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Hello everyone, Im a newbie to this site. I originally from New York but now live in Levittown Pa. I spend alot of time scrapping lol

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi Mandi,

Welcome to the Eastern PA scrappers board, we are glad to have you.

We are not the chattiest group out there, but a great group none the less and I hope one day we will all become very chatty...lol

I am in Palmyra, PA just a few minutes from Harrisburg and Hershey!

Brandi

New Kid On the Block

I am looking for anyone that lives in McKean County . And looking for any conventions that are in 4 hrs to 2 hrs away.

Thank you
Susan

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to Susan55

Welcome newbies!!!
Mandi....that baby is adoooorrarraablllee!!! lol

geoduck
Veteran
geoduck

Hi Eastern PA ladies. I just wanted to let you know of a 13 hour crop on National Scrapbook Day - May 5th 2007 in Wilmington, DE. If you would like more info, please PM me.

Thanks,
Jen

Edited by geoduck on 02-04-07 09:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to Susan55

Hi Susan,

I am fairly new to PA...ok 2 years but I am still not sure of all the different counties and where they are. Can you give me medium to major towns your close to. I am out in the Harrisburg area.

Either way, welcome to the group....we are glad your here!

Brandi

Mommy2Four
Pro
Mommy2Four

Hi Pa ladies! Where exactly is the QVC crop I have been reading about? Thank you!

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to Mommy2Four

It is at the QVC studios in West Chester, PA. It is from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon...I can't wait...

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

was the qvc thing this past weekend?? or is it coming up THIS weekend?!?!?!
lol
have fun...or i hope u had fuN!!!
lol

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I believe that it is this weekend. I decided not to go. Hope that everyone has a good time. Report back on it!

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories

Hello Everyone,

I just stopping by and saying hello.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

So, how was the QVC crop?

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Hi Everyone,

Just back in from the QVC crop this past weekend and had a great time. I got a lot done and had fun with my friends. One thing I really enjoy about the Crop Classix events is it is about the scrapbooking and not parties, we are there to scrap and just be with each other. I know a lot of crops have talent shows or costume contests and this is nothing like that. Not that there is anything wrong with events with events within them, just not my speed.

I am anxiously awaiting the November Crop Classix in Harrisburg!

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I agree that the one last year was good for the cropping and that I got a lot done. I love their accucut machines!!!!! Just curious, how was the food. Last year it wasn't very good and they ran out of it, if you weren't at the front of the line. We ended up waiting an hour or so for them to run out and get more....

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

This was my second Crop Classix and the food was ok, not great but not bad. I did not hear if they ran out of anything, my friends were always ready to eat the minute it got there so we were always one of the first in line.

The first one I went to was the November event at the Hilton in Harrisburg, PA and that was great, you got a ticket to go eat at the buffet at one of the restraunts in the hotel which had the best food, it was so good.

I think they are limited in what they can bring into QVC.

Looking forward to the November event.

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I would like to try this one again next year!!! By that time my son will be at Chestnut Hill College and will have an apartment that I can stay at!

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

I won the grand prize the first day which was a 2 night stay at the hotel we were staying at for the event, I have to look at the voucher and see how long it is good for, if it will be good for that long, I have my hotel for next years...it was for 2 nights...Friday and Saturday so I can go Friday night after work and sleep in some rather than get up early for the hour and half drive into the QVC studio park...and though I would have rather won the 2nd grand prize, a free CC event, hotel for the QVC one is good too. I live close enough to the Harrisburg event that I do the commuter.

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Wow, that is great!!! I won the Grand Prize at the first Simply Cropping weekend that I went to. I ended up getting a free SC weekend at the ACE Conference Center, which was great!!!!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Holy Moly I haven't been here in a while!

Hello - I'm posting to let you know that there will be a Scrapbook Yard Sale tomorrow! It is at The Crop Room in the Lansdale, PA and the doors open at 10:00. Scrappers will be selling their own items at tables inside of the store.
1250 Bethlehem Pike
Hatfield, PA 19440

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to EverSoClever

Good to see you back on the thread. How is the baby doing?

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

How is everyone out in Eastern PA today? I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Brandi

juljul13
Veteran
juljul13

Hey Eastern Pa Croppers,
I'm from BrynMawr, KofP, Phoenixville area. Move to Newark DE about 3years ago. I would still love to join the group. The DE one isn't too chatty.

So the QVC crop was a success? I've been to QVC for the spring time flower show but not to crop. I must get there for a tour. Looks like fun.

Anyone going to the Creating Keepsakes Fair at Valley Forge Convention center in July? I've been there twice to shop but I haven't taken any classes. They fill up on the first day...I guess I'm slow

We play a game, whoever breaks the first $20.00 bill wins...haha

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to juljul13

I have gone the past 2 years and plan on going again this year....

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories

Pennsylvania girls

Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given their new wives duties.

The first man had married a woman from Alabama, and bragged that he had told his wife she was going to do all the dishes and house cleaning
that needed done at their house. He said that it took a couple days but on the third day he came home to a clean house and the dishes were all washed and put away.

The second man had married a woman from Ohio. He bragged that he had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes, and the cooking. He told them that the first day he didn't see any results, but the next day it was better. By the third day, his house was clean, the dishes were done, and he had a huge dinner on the table.

The third man had married a Pennsylvania girl. He boasted that he told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and hot meals on the table for every meal.

He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye.

Enough to fix himself a bite to eat, load the dishwasher, and telephone a landscaper.

Got to love them Pennsylvania girls.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Hi Julie and welcome to the Eastern PA board, we are not always the chattiest but we do try!

QVC was a lot of fun, I will be going to the crop classix event in Harrisburg in November, I love their events!

I have not been to any of the CK Conventions, would love to go but they are always the weekend of my husband's brithday...so I am off spoiling him for a change since he lets me do pretty much anything I want, I can give him that one weekend!

How is life down in DE these days?

Brandi

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

Hello ladies. I am from York, PA. I dont think I ever saw this thread on here before.

I would love to go to one of the QVC crops, just always seem to miss it. I have been to the CK convention 2 years ago and had the privelege of being a teachers assistant for Lisa Bearnson. I would love to go again this year. Have they opened the class registrations up yet? I havent even looked.

Hey Brandi, what is this crop classix event in Harrisburg you spoke of? There arent usually many things happening that close to home.

Well, I hope you all get some cropping done while we are snowed in over the weekend. Take care - BJ

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to BJscrapsalot

Hi BJ

The Crop Classix crops are great. The one in Harrisburg is a 3 day crop Friday at 9 am through Sunday at 3:00 pm. It is at the Harrisburg Hilton and you can scrap 24/7 if you want. You can either stay at the hotel or do the commuter. I usually do the commuter since I live close enough to it that I do not need to stay at the hotel and it is cheaper if you commute. If you do an internet search for Crop Classix it will come up. They are the same company that does the QVC crop. I went to that and the Harrisburg one last November, and I love them, I can't wait until the November crop, I go with 3 friends and we have a blast and usually get a lot done!

Would love to see more of the SB.com friends at the event.

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Also, Simply Cropping will be at The ACE Conference Center is August. It can be found at www dot Simply Cropping dot com It is a great weekend.

Anyone going to the Memories Expo in Somerset, NJ that is being held April 13 and 14?

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

THIS sounds like fuN!!! Will have to see where/when/how much!!! Not far, but really not that close that I would want to drive back and forth every day i think?!?! Going to look....

• scraptoremember Said:
Hi BJ

The Crop Classix crops are great. The one in Harrisburg is a 3 day crop Friday at 9 am through Sunday at 3:00 pm. It is at the Harrisburg Hilton and you can scrap 24/7 if you want. You can either stay at the hotel or do the commuter. I usually do the commuter since I live close enough to it that I do not need to stay at the hotel and it is cheaper if you commute. If you do an internet search for Crop Classix it will come up. They are the same company that does the QVC crop. I went to that and the Harrisburg one last November, and I love them, I can't wait until the November crop, I go with 3 friends and we have a blast and usually get a lot done!

Would love to see more of the SB.com friends at the event.

Brandi

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

there is NOT much info on it yet...no costs or anything....will have to keep my eyes on it!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Simply Cropping will be having their summer crop at the ACE Conference Center in Laffeyette Hills, Pa. August 17-19th. It is a nice crop. Their info can be found at www.simplycropping.com

xoAngelaxo
Veteran
xoAngelaxo

Hi Everyone, I'm still finding my way around the forums and just noticed this forum. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Angela. I'm actually new to the NE PA area. I live in the poconos. Native of NYC however. I would love to know of any area crops and good LSS. I still haven't found any! I look foward to chatting and perhaps meeting with local scrappers.

geoduck
Veteran
geoduck
In response to xoAngelaxo

Hi PA Girls.

If any of you live near the Delaware border there is going to be a Scrapbook Garage Sale on April 14th from 10 am to 2 PM at St. Paul's United Methodist Church - 1314 Foulk Rd., Wilmington, DE. The money will benefit Operation KIDS which donates money to childeren's charities.

Let me know if you want more details.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to geoduck

ok, now I don't know if I can post this, but I have always gotten great support and advice here so anyway...

My mom entered my daughter's photo in an online contest. If you have a moment, it would be cool if you could vote for her photo. The contest goes until next Tuesday and whatever photo is in the lead at that time wins a print from the company.

To place a vote, photowow.com and click on the photo contests link. On that page, enter #43797 to vote on the photo. She has a big smile and is wearing a blue top w/blue background.

I am truly sorry if I am offending anyone, but the print would be a really cool keepsake and my mom is not buying us one - thanks gals.

geoduck
Veteran
geoduck
In response to EverSoClever

She is cute...I voted!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to geoduck

Me, too!!!!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Thank you!

2sentbygod
Veteran
2sentbygod

I'm from Berks County Pa. I've been to the flower/craft warehouse and love it!! I also love Times to remember in Hershey. I haven't been to Kinnon in Allentown yet. I'm surprised since I'm always in Allentown in the summer

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

• michongarf Said:
there is NOT much info on it yet...no costs or anything....will have to keep my eyes on it!!

I believe that the registration begins in May so more information should be forthcoming, but Crop Classix really does put on a great crop, I love them.

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

National Scrapbook Day is coming, is anyone doing anything?

I am thinking of having an open house/classes that day. I sell for TLC and I want to do something fun but not quite sure what I want to do.

So whats everyone else going to do!

Brandi

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

Hi Brooke!!! I am NOT far from you at all. I actually grew up in Berks county, now live in Lancaster county!!! COool!!! Lol

I also have an adopted daughter! Lol She is 13 now.!!!!!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

Brandi....I have NO idea of anything about NSD??? lol Let us know what YOU are going to do.

2sentbygod
Veteran
2sentbygod

Hi Michon!!! Where in Berks county did you grow up? I lived here all my life. I'm thinking of adopting more dc.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to 2sentbygod

If you don't mind me asking, where did you adopt from? My husband and I want to have a baby but I have not been able to get pregnant yet. I did have some medical issues that needed to be addressed and they have been so we are hopeful but realistic and wanted to look into adoption but I have absolutely no idea where to start...any suggestions?

If it is to personal, I completely understand!

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I will be at a NSD all day crop in Millstone, which is in central New Jersey!!!!

Don't forget that we are going to set up our first group crop at the Flower and Craft Warehouse in Blueball, Pa this summer. The feedback was that a weekday was best for most people. I am thinking that sometime in July is best for me.... Are people still interested?

nannette13
Idol
nannette13

I would love to meet scrappers from SBC, especially at an all day crop - Can I come?

Nan

2sentbygod
Veteran
2sentbygod

• scraptoremember Said:
If you don't mind me asking, where did you adopt from? My husband and I want to have a baby but I have not been able to get pregnant yet. I did have some medical issues that needed to be addressed and they have been so we are hopeful but realistic and wanted to look into adoption but I have absolutely no idea where to start...any suggestions?

If it is to personal, I completely understand!

Brandi

I went through Diakon Lutharen services in Topton.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to nannette13

• nannette13 Said:
I would love to meet scrappers from SBC, especially at an all day crop - Can I come?

Nan

It is open to all who post here....

Marlynn
Resident
Marlynn

• 2sentbygod Said:
I'm from Berks County Pa. I've been to the flower/craft warehouse and love it!! I also love Times to remember in Hershey. I haven't been to Kinnon in Allentown yet. I'm surprised since I'm always in Allentown in the summer

Hello neighbor! I am in Exeter township. I've been to Kinnon - it's a noce little place.... actually, now that I think about it, I believe they've moved since I've been there.

I work in Exton and The Scrapbookers Garden in Frazer is a nice store.

Marlynn
Resident
Marlynn

• happy2Bscrapper Said:
I will be at a NSD all day crop in Millstone, which is in central New Jersey!!!!

Don't forget that we are going to set up our first group crop at the Flower and Craft Warehouse in Blueball, Pa this summer. The feedback was that a weekday was best for most people. I am thinking that sometime in July is best for me.... Are people still interested?

Sounds like I need to request a vacation day!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to Marlynn

We went thru an agency called COBYS...it is local here. GO on the internet and do a search. OR just open up the phone book!! lol THere are a bunch....then I called and/or looked at their websites, got some info and went from there.
IF you go with a foster/adoption place...YOU dont have to put out the MONEY!!!!! I could NOT beleive the kind of MULA it cost to adopt a child! OMG!!!!!!!
SO, thats the way we did it. I also did NOT want one from another country. (sorry) But, we wanted a child from HERE!
PM me if you want to talk more about it.

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1

Hi everyone!
It's been ages since I've been on the board and posted. Just catching up on the thread and I see some chatter about National Scrap Day.

There is also an event at QVC- they will be posting details sometime next week, if you are interested just keep checking the website!

Elizabeth - I went to the Flower & Craft Warehouse on Saturday and it was alot of fun. I was with a group of five and there were a least another half dozen croppers in and out during the day. They don't take reservations so if the group is going to be large it may be best to play is safe and have the crop on a week day. I will keep checking for a date!

Have a blessed Easter or Passover everyone.
~donna g.

2sentbygod
Veteran
2sentbygod

• michongarf Said:
We went thru an agency called COBYS...it is local here. GO on the internet and do a search. OR just open up the phone book!! lol THere are a bunch....then I called and/or looked at their websites, got some info and went from there.
IF you go with a foster/adoption place...YOU dont have to put out the MONEY!!!!! I could NOT beleive the kind of MULA it cost to adopt a child! OMG!!!!!!!
SO, thats the way we did it. I also did NOT want one from another country. (sorry) But, we wanted a child from HERE!
PM me if you want to talk more about it.

I too did the foster/adopt. It was the best thing dh and I did for these children.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

• happy2Bscrapper Said:

Still very interested, but now a weekend would be better for me, at the time I was on vacation due to the holidays so a weekday was fine, but normally I am Monday - Friday at work. If it is on a weekend I would love to come.

Brandi

nannette13
Idol
nannette13

I would like to come on any day - week or weekend, just so I can get the day off. Where is the Flower and Craft warehouse?

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Hi Nannette,

The flower an craft warehouse is in the Lancaster area, in Blue Ball, PA. I have not been there but I hear it is amazing, some friends and I are planning a trip there...can't wait.

Brandi

nannette13
Idol
nannette13

I am not far from that area - will have to check it out soon! Thanks!

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

No worries...Let me know what you think!

Brandi

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Since there now seems to be a question as to whether it would be better to have it during the weeek or weekend, should we take a poll? I am thinking during the beginning of July would be best for me..... What does everyone think?
The cropping space is free we would just collect money from those that order and want pizza for lunch....

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

• Scraphappy.1 Said:
Hi everyone!
Elizabeth - I went to the Flower & Craft Warehouse on Saturday and it was alot of fun. I was with a group of five and there were a least another half dozen croppers in and out during the day. They don't take reservations so if the group is going to be large it may be best to play is safe and have the crop on a week day. I will keep checking for a date!

Have a blessed Easter or Passover everyone.
~donna g.

Donna,
We knew that they didn't take reservations but there were a couple of us who lived close to the Wearhouse. What we were planning to do is figure out how many of us there were going to be and they would get there early and save the number of tables we needed. When I was there no one was using the cropping are and it is fairly large.

nannette13
Idol
nannette13

Either weekday or weekend would be good for me.

Scraphappy.1
Resident
Scraphappy.1

~*~ Creating Keepsakes National Scrapbook Day at QVC details are posted to the QVC website! ~*~

Anyone here planning to attend?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I saw the QVC posting but since there is an all day crop closer to home I am not going to go.... maybe next year.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Where is the posting, I am trying to find it on the QVC site and can not find it, help!

I went to a crop there in February and had a blast. I heard that people who go to the NSD crop get a great goodie bag!

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

Heya! I'm just curious if anyone is from Villanova or the area around it? What do you think about the Law SChool? Is housing affordable?? THANKS!

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to Jewelybean

Sorry not close to the school or really know much about their law school. Wish I could help out some!

Brandi

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

Thanks anyway, Brandi!

Page 5 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics