Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: West Virginia        (Topic#1337714)
vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to Dawn_Marie

Thats pretty nice- i know the general area- do you liek it? Have you always lived there?

Dawn_Marie
Tenant
Dawn_Marie
In response to vannalou

It isn't too bad. I am actually an Army brat and have lived everywhere. My mom's mom lived here so we came back to help take care of her 10 years ago and when she passed away 8 years ago we never left.

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

I totally understand the military thing- we live in Germany right now- and have moved all over the place the last 14 years--- it gets old- we are really ready to plany roots and stop moving. I love WVA though- my sis lives there still- my dads whole side of hte family is there- i go there about once a year or so....

Jmedawn
Guru
Jmedawn
In response to vannalou

Hi, I hope ya'll don't mind my jumping in on your thread to make a request. My dd and I are doing a project with postcards and I have been asking anyone who would be willing to mail my dd a postcard. There is more personal info if you use the link in my signature. I find that people at this site are so nice. Please pm if you are interested. Thanks so much either way and again, sorry to "butt" in on your thread.
Jaimie

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to Jmedawn

point pleasant, isn't that where the mothman was? i had never heard of it until i saw the movie.

Dawn_Marie
Tenant
Dawn_Marie
In response to SheilaWV

Yep that is where the mothman is! You should see the monument they have of the mothman! He has a big bootie! lol The movie was so not accurate....what a shame! Richard Gere didn't want to stay here because we only have the Lowe Hotel & across the river in Gallipolis, OH they only have a couple of hotels like Holiday Inn....too beneath him! lol

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

at least they filmed on location, so many films have recreated sets. so i guess it really was true, were you or your parents around for any of it? the movie was kind of odd but i kept watching. i never heard of it until i saw it.

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to SheilaWV

Hey! How's everyone doin'?

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to Jleighroll

Anyone close enough to Saint Albans to come to a crop Saturday? There's one from 2-midnight... pm me if you need more info!! Hope someone can make it!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

where is st albans?

i am so directionally illiterate when it comes to locations in west virginia (LOL)

hope it's a success for you.

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to SheilaWV

JLEIGHROLL, I JUST VISITED YOUR GALLERY. YOUR DAUGHTER IS SO CUTE, LOVE YOUR LAYOUTS. OH, GOTTA LOVE KIDS, MINE HAS ME STUCK ON CAPS.

bethaney
New Kid On the Block
bethaney
In response to sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Hi, Im bethaney born and raised in Mercer County WV!
However , hubby was in the army and we were living in Ft.Bragg, NC until about 6mths ago. I am going through major "hobby lobby, ac Moore, Micheal's " with drawls ...as there are none around here !!!! I don't even know where the closest Jo Ann's is! I was thinking about joining one of the scrapping club things where they mail you stuff every month, or becoming a consultant of some sort, just to have some kind of access to stuff I need....
anyhow, sorry for rattling off ...I look forward getting to know you all
beth

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to bethaney

Thanks Sheila... yeah, you gotta love kids...lol. St. Albans is about 15 min. west of Charleston. We try to have one a month, but lately it hasn't been quite so consistent with it being summer time.

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

Welcome Bethaney! Are you back in WV now? What part? I live near Charleston... Looking forward to getting to know you!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

charleston that's pretty far for me.

hopefully with school starting soon things will pick back up for you gals

have fun and scrap away!!

Dawn_Marie
Tenant
Dawn_Marie
In response to SheilaWV

No I don't think they were around here then....they aren't from here. My mom was actually from Zanesville, OH and my dad from Indiana. He was in the military so he was in Viet Nam when the whole Mothman thing happened.

Rainy Morning
Veteran
Rainy Morning

Hey girls! Just wanted to let you know about a crop we're having on August 19. It's in Valley Point (small community 25 minutes east of Morgantown). If anyone is interested or would like more info, let me know. We'd love to have you join us!!! Happy Scrapping!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to Rainy Morning

Hey everyone- hope all is well in WVA--- guess what? My sister in St Albans FINALLY started a scrapbook!!!! YEAH!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Woo Hoo! She needs to come to our next crop at the fire department... it is *tentatively* scheduled for august 26th... I'll put another reminder on here closer to the day. They're 2-midnight and best of all, they're FREE!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

I'm passing the message- i just sent her a link yesterday to this website...hopefully she will join soon!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to vannalou

Hi ladies - how are things over there in WV?

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

did you gals see the post for the scrappers dream vacation in pittsburgh oct 20 - 22?

looks like a lot of fun, i would love to go. any of you been to one before?

Expert
In response to SheilaWV

Hi Everyone,

I'm a native WV girl. Well until 10 years ago. Love to talk to you all sometimes.

Tammy

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to branandtysmom

Welcome Tammy! Where did you live in wv and where are you now?

Expert
In response to vannalou

Hi Vanessa,

I lived in Hurricane WV and in Nirto for most of my life. I now live in Virginia Beach, VA

Tammy

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

Hi Tammy... I'm Jennifer. I moved to Nitro 5 years ago and now live in St. Albans! Glad to meet ya!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Do you like Hurricane? My sister lives near that area- we grew up in Fayetteville....everyone else has moved away but her...she now lives in Sod. I miss the place so much!!!

Expert
In response to vannalou

Yeah, I loved it in Hurricane. My sister and her family still live there. I miss it quite a bit. We used to drive thru Sod to go to my grandparents house many years ago. They lived in Griffithsville. Thanks for adding me to your friends list. Where do you live??

Tammy

Expert

Hi Jennifer,

You know I lived in St. Albans too!! LOL I forgot to add that one! I lived over there when I was really young. It's so great to meet you too, I love meeting people from home!

Tammy

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Right now- I'm overseas in Germany. We've been here a little over three years and have 10 months to go---- WOOOHOOO!!!!! I am so ready to move back!

Expert
In response to vannalou

Wow!! Is it nice there?? I have never been overseas before. Are you going back to WV when you come back to the US?

Tammy

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

what beautiful weather yesterday and today. hope you all are getting it to, 80 with sunshine and a breeze. sigh

Expert
In response to SheilaWV

Hi Shelia,

Were having great weather here, just a tad bit dry though. What part of WVA are you from??

Tammy

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

we are in wadestown, a little bump in the road about 25 miles east of morgantown

Expert
In response to SheilaWV

Wow!! I am originally from Hurricane way southwest of you. I miss the mountains!!
I love your pictures in your gallery they are so great.

Tammy

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

thanks what i really need to do is get some updated layouts on there. and my journaling leaves alot to be desired

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

Hey Tammy---

I love overseas- but I am so homesick......not planning on returning to wv right away- we still have 5 years before we can retire from the AF....who knows where we are going though....

Expert
In response to SheilaWV

Your journaling is great. I have a hardtime with journaling, I will write stuff down as most books say but then when I write it it just doesn't look right or my writting makes it look bad. Now I use my laptop to print out all my stuff. I'm so lazy!LOL

Tammy

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

I agree with you- computer journaling is the way to go--- much easier!!!

Expert
In response to vannalou

I know about being homesick so much. When I first moved here I just couldn't function at all for about a month. Where would you like to go next? I was so happy to find this group for the group it makes it alot eaiser for me and I'm not quite as homesick. Listen to me I have been here 10 years and still homesick something awful.

Hope you have a wondeful day.
Tammy

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

We must be crazy- but we just (this week) applied ot go to Japan.....I know- somethign must seriously be wrong with us!!!!

Expert
In response to vannalou

Wow!! Japan that is so cool!! I have never been overseas, dying to go but just can never find the time to go. My hubbie is getting a new job in the next few weeks and that has really thown us for a loop this summer. We've been waiting for 4 months to know when the job would start.

Tammy

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Are you exited about the new job? Better benies? I don't mind living ovverseas- but I am ready to come home- my dh isn't of course- he wants to see the world- of course at the expense of Uncle Sam- which i guess is a cheaper way of doing it...

Expert
In response to vannalou

Yeah I'm more excited about the new job than my hubbie is. He has worked at the same place for 20 years and was just going nowhere. He is really nervous about the whole thing, he worries about starting again after 20 years. Which is a big step I know but eventally it will be more money and a supervisor position. The bennies are great alot better than what we have now.

Yeah that is the best way to see the world. But I'm like you, I would be ready to come home soon too. Where all have you been stationed??

Tammy

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

We started in SC, then came to Germany in 96, then to Nebraska in 99, then back again (different base) in 2003. My husband reached 19 years in July and officially retire next year- he won't though- we are going ot wait and see hwat our next assignment holds before we go there. I have over 14...so 5 and some change before I can retire. One day though-----

20 years at the same job- I totally understand the hesitation--- we will be there before we know it too...

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

wow, so you are both in the service? i must have missed that. 19 years is a long time to have your life on the line. i commend all who do it.

gotta love the internet, how ever did we keep in contact with others before it came about. oh that's right i forgot. the post man (LOL)

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

Yeah- we both are active duty- we've been married 11 years- together 12 1/2. Its been a long time- i know it doesn't seem overly long- but I've been telling my family the last year or so that military life takes a toll on your soul. And after 14 years- I'm really tired....one day- i can retire.

I am so glad for the internet- without it- i wouldn't be able to shop, chat with family or worse yet- scrapbook. They do not carry any supplies over here..... I love the www!!!!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Hi all.....enjoy your Sunday!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

hello ladies, hope your week is wonderful. finally the weather is. take care

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to SheilaWV

Yep... weather is GREAT here! But, I started back to school this week. I've spent a lot of time outside walking and studying at school, but haven't had time to "enjoy" it! Hope everyone is having a great week!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Hi ladies! I hope you had a great weekend- it was quiet here- the family and I went down to Garmisch- lovely weather. Our last big outing before the summer ends......

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

we need a summer outing. don't know if that's going to happen or not but i would like it to. did you have a good time?

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

We had a great time- it was nice to simply get away- we all need that....the military lately has gotten crazy- making each day at work painful.....three days away was FAB!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Have a great Labor Day weekend everybody!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

HI all- hope you had a great weekend!!!!!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Hey girls! There is another crop scheduled for Saturday in Saint Albans if anyone is interested...

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Ahhh...how fun that sounds!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

there's one next saturday the 16th from 10-10 at the ramada cost is $20.00

i never seem to be able to get out of the house to go to any crops anymore. i have been thinking of trying to get a few people in my lowly populated area together at my house an evening a month. of course being the procrastinator i am i haven't done anything yet.

hope you ladies are having a great week end. enjoy this beautiful weather

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

Hello all....I hope you all had a productive weekend..... nice weather here- but crazy schedule...of course, no cropping.

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

well looky there not only are we in the wv club we are also in the no scrappin club (LOL) i so need to get my self motivated and moving all thoe pictures from the boxes to the pages. i really don't know what my problem is, i thought once a made a romm all mine it would go like the breeze. well it hasn't ~ the room is downstairs and i spend most of my time upstairs. which is really no excuse at all, a set of steps shouldn't have anything to do with it.

good luck to both of us

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to SheilaWV

I didn't get any done either! The crop was cancelled because it was only going to be 2 of us and the other girl said she didn't think it would be worth it, so.... I took my Nursing Entrance Test on Saturday morning and then dh left for a while, so I couldn't scrap with my dd here. Don't think I'll have time to do any scrapping for a while, school is kickin' my hiney!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

wishing you luck on passing, how long is the program?

mmcvaney
Resident
mmcvaney
In response to LauraRNwv

hello neighbors! I wanted to post a quick message to let you know about Scrap Camp!

Scrap Camp Oct 13-15, 2006
Cedar Lakes Convention Center, Ripley WV

There are lots of classes to choose from on Saturday and vendor booths to shop at as well. The packages include lodging and all of your meals! Packages start at $165 for the whole weekend with nonstop cropping time. Set up your supplies and you don't have to clean up until it is time to go home Sunday!

Http://wwww.scrapcamp.com for more details or email [email protected]

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to SheilaWV

It's a 2 year program, but I don't get to start till next fall if I get accepted into the "regular" program, January 2008 if I get accepted into the free one... I'm not sure what I'll do if I get accepted to both! The good thing about not starting till next year is that I will have all my pre nursing classes out of the way. I should have my test results in the next day or two... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

so did you pass, did you pass??

i have been at home with the kids for 6 years, noah just started kindergarten this year and the twins can go to pre school next year. before that i worked with mentally retarded people for 13 years and loved it, the hours aren't family friendly so i won't be going back to it. what i am going to look into is an aide with the school district, one on one with an inclusive student. i think it involves riding the bus to and from school and going from class to class with them. i don't have all the details but i do know know to work in the school i need a couple college credits. they should be easy enought to get online i would think. but again i haven't looked into all of it. a job for a mom can't get any better than one with the school. holidays, week ends and summers off.

let us know how it goes and don't stress!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

ok lady--- did u pass or r u trying to kill us with the suspense?

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Happy Birthday Sheila!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

LOL! I'm not trying to kill anyone with suspense...I just got my results yesterday, and just got the time to pop on here for a minute. I got WAAAAAY above what I needed for the math, and just BARELY what I have to have for Reading Comprehension (really bad at that- I have to read things a million times before it sinks in!) and overall I did pretty good. I may retake it in January... not sure right now. I'm going to talk to some other people who took it and see how they did. Now I just have to make it thru this semester! Thanks for the well wishes!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

thanks for the birthday wishes!!

way to go on the test yes we were wondering about it!!

have a great week end ladies

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 09-24-06 06:53 PM
In response to maryscraps03

HEY HEY HEY WV!! Dawn Marie, are you still hanging out in here? I am originally from Mason County and got married at the Lowe Hotel in Pt. Pleasant--right across from the Mothman statue!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to kuke

Hi fellow wv scrappers...i hope you are having a great week....i found out this weekend my sister, who lives near st albams is coming to visit me in November. I am simply SHOCKED. DH and i have been overseas a total of 7 years and NO ONE has ever come to visit us..... I am on cloud nine!!!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

how cool is that!! you will have a great visit, maybe she has something to tell you in person or maybe she just misses the heck out of ya. sounds like fun!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

I don't think shes got much to share--- but we are so excited.....

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

hello ladies, my we are a quiet bunch. there is surely more scrappers in west virginia!! maybe they just don't like to chat. i know we could look in the neighborhood for west virginians and invite them to our little thread. or maybe we should just chat a little more often. what ya think?

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

Hi all..... i think we should caht more often....we all seem to be in our own little world..

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

• vannalou Said:
Hi all..... i think we should caht more often....we all seem to be in our own little world..

I agree... although I'm not sure if I'd have much time, LOL!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv

For all you Greenbrier/Monroe county scrapbookers - there is a new shop open in Lewisburg - Remember When Scrapbooking! It's on Rt 60, going toward Caldwell - just after you turn off 219, it's past the galleries and just before you get to the coffee shop on the right!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to LauraRNwv

A new store... HOW EXCITING!!!!!!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

i have no idea where that's at. i am so bad with places in west virginia, i'm lucky i know how to get to morgantown & fairmont. you have fun and let me know all the goodies you find there

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 10-15-06 08:05 AM
In response to SheilaWV

i will try to check back more often than i have been! i am actually in kentucky, but still not too far from the border!

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv

Just wanted to drop in and say "Hey!" to all the mountaineers out there! Hope everyone is capturing lots of fall foliage photos (try saying that one three times fast!) for their scrapbooks and enjoying the weather!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to LauraRNwv

hey laura, how are things going? we haven't gottne many outdoor pictures. bad mom ~ i know!! we did go to idlewild / story book forest and a pumpkin farm the beginning of the month and got lots of pictures there. now to get them developed.

you would think all these nice new pitures would make me scrap. hasn't happened and now i'm getting things set up to sell on ebay so who knows when i will scrap. i keep saying i'm going to stay up after keith goes to work but that would mean i stay up from 4:15 am. who knows maybe i'll just try and do that 1 day a week.

so where is union west virginia? i am west of morgantown ~ i know where west union is we got pigs there before.

hope you have a great week end, stay warm it's gonna get cold

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to SheilaWV

Hi Sheila!

I haven't gotten much scrapping done, either. I was hoping to go to Scrap Camp in Ripley, WV last weekend, but it didn't work out money wise. It is so much fun! We made molasses at my parent's at the beginning of the month and I really need to start scrapping the pics from that. I have so many from it, I really need to do an album.

Union is in Monroe county. It is in the southern part of the state, next to Greenbrier county and Lewisburg - the home of the state fair. It's mostly farm country, with one stop sign in our little town and it's beautiful. You should come visit sometime!

Have a good weekend! Me, I gotta work ! No rest for the weary/wicked!

gmajewell
Idol
gmajewell
In response to LauraRNwv

hey hey ladies!!!
just popping in to say hi, anyone going to bridge day?
i (once again) cannot go! but i just KNOW the view is beutiful right now! my holler is ablaze with ORANGE!!

mmcvaney
Resident
mmcvaney
In response to SheilaWV

I have a bunch of pictures from Idlewild too! Haven't gotten around to scrapping them yet either! Did you get the Leaving Prints catalog that I sent you? I hadn't heard back so wanted to check with you!

mmcvaney
Resident
mmcvaney
In response to LauraRNwv

Laura,

We missed you at Scrap Camp. May 18-20 is Spring Scrap Camp dates. Hopefully you can come them! The theme is Victorian Tea Party! Should be LOTS of fun!!:)

I have been so busy I haven't been able to get much scrapping done either. I am hoping to be able to get back into scrappin mode after the first week in November when things settle down a little here!! If not...I have a birthday celebration crop planned for Dec at Get Crafty Studios
I know I will get some scrappin done then!!:)

Gonna go cuddle in my warm blanket! It is getting FREEZING outside!!! Happy Scrappin Ladies!!:)

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to mmcvaney

hello michelle i never got a catalog or anything. i just assumed you forgot all about me, i got a couple from a few other companies and never made a decision. thanks though

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

Did anyone make it to Bridge Day? WOW! The bridge was built when i was growing up right there in Fayetteville..... makes me home sick...

I just finished a book by Hubert Skidmore about the drilling through Gauley Mountain for the Union Carbon plant in Alloy back in the 30's....living there- i never knew this atrocity happened- the company apparently knew the mountain rock was scilia and had hundreds/thousand men drilling it with no respiratoy masks or proper ventilation- anyway- they all died from scilios (?)...its said to be the worst industrial disaster in US history- few know about it though.....the men are all buried over in Summersville...

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to vannalou

wow, i never heard anything about that. of course i'm originally from pennsylvania ~ i didn't know about the mothman until i saw the movie.

we have talked about bridge day is that the new river gorge bridge you're talking about? we have never made it

if anyone is interestd there is a group of scrappers who meet in morgantown every month. you can find them here http://scrapbook.meetup.com/920/

ProudMommy22
New Kid On the Block
ProudMommy22
In response to SheilaWV

is there any scrappers in or near Fayette Co. WV?

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to ProudMommy22

i am in monongalia not sure where fayette co is

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to SheilaWV

I'm from Fayetteville...but not there right now....

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Just thought I'd pop in and say HEY! Nobody's posted on here for a while, hope everyone's ok!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

hello, yes our little thread is often lonely. not many talkers i guess, we are enjoying what feels like indian summer.it's suppose to be 60 again todya. i really should have cut the grass one more time before the snow comes but i doubt it's going to dry today. oh well there's always next year right?? today i need to clean 2 bathrooms and my kitchen. i just didn't feel like it last night after dinner so i just piled them into the sink. won't be fun today but it sure was nice last night.

have a great day!!

Croppy Friend
Tenant
Croppy Friend
In response to SheilaWV

Hi everyone!I'm a Kentucky girl, but I currently live in the Huntington area. I only know a few people who scrapbook around here (and work with all of them...I knew there had to be more ladies out there somewhere!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to Croppy Friend

Hey amelia! I was just in Huntington yesterday. (For the Wiggles show).... I live about 45 minutes from there. Welcome to the thread!

Croppy Friend
Tenant
Croppy Friend

• Jleighroll Said:
Hey amelia! I was just in Huntington yesterday. (For the Wiggles show).... I live about 45 minutes from there. Welcome to the thread!

Thanks for the welcome! That Wiggles show was supposed to be HUGE...hope you had fun. It's great that you live nearby...we need more scrappers on this side of the state!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to Croppy Friend

Hi ladies... hope you are doing well....

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics