Page 5 of 5 
Username Post: West Virginia        (Topic#1337714)
SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to nikkic1998

no one is close to me

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to SheilaWV

Hey Sandy! I got my email last night that said you were teaching a class... CONGRATS!

Sandy Scraps in WV
Veteran
Sandy Scraps in WV
In response to Jleighroll

Thanks!!! It will be a mixed media class. Where everyone will use brads, ink, fiber,and Diamond Glaze on one layout. I always worry about people not signing up though.....So keep your fingers crossed

nikkic1998
Tenant
nikkic1998
In response to Sandy Scraps in WV

Hey all,

I may be going to Charleston tomorrow & I was wondering if someone could tell me where, in Kanawha City, the new SB store is? I know someone said on MacCorkle Ave. but is it close to the mall or closer to CAMC? Thanks

Sandy Scraps in WV
Veteran
Sandy Scraps in WV

Hey Nikki,

Do you know where Pizza Hut is on MacCorkle? It is right across the street in Kanawha Plaza. It is next door to H&R Block. Their phone number is 925-7272. Hope that helps you You will love it there!!! Beverly has a store full of stuff!!! She just got in the new Cricket Expressions too:) Enjoy yourself!!!

nikkic1998
Tenant
nikkic1998

Yes, I know where Pizza Hut is. That helps a lot. I'm not totally positive that I will get to go but there's a good possibility. If I do, I'll post all the great stuff I get.....lol.... & how broke I will be afterward

nikkic1998
Tenant
nikkic1998

Well, I didn't get to go to Charleston so I'll have to wait to check out the SB store. I'm not sure when I'll get to go but hopefully soon. Thanks, Sandy, for the directions though.

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

I went back up there over the weekend and spent about $65. (Digging into my CKC budget) She seems to have doubled the amount of stuff she had in there just a couple weeks ago...lol!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

So, Sandy... how did your class go?

nikkic1998
Tenant
nikkic1998

Well, I finally got to go to the new SB store in Kanawha City. I only bought about $10 worth, but I could have easily spent a whole lot more. I found quite a few great items for my mom's scrapbook. I can't wait to get started.

scoopers
Veteran
scoopers

Just stopping in to say hello two my fellow WV scrapbookers!!!

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to scoopers

Did anyone else get to the WV State Fair this year? They had a scrapbook challenge on one of the days.....make a layout with the materials provided. It was only open to 9 or 11 people (I forget which) and I missed the deadline to enter Maybe next year! They had some really nice layouts, plus the entries into the scrapbook competitions looked like some extraordinary work.
I love the fair! We only live about 13 miles from the fairgrounds and go at least a couple of days each year.

scoopers
Veteran
scoopers
In response to LauraRNwv

Yes, I did go but I didn't hear anything about that or I would have checked it out
We go every year, at least 1 day but it is always so hard to choose which day to go since there is always so much going on. Did you find out how to get into the scrapbook competition for next year? Will you share that info?

Sandy Scraps in WV
Veteran
Sandy Scraps in WV
In response to scoopers

Hey everyone....Boy where is everyone at? I am here, just been really busy with school starting, being on the band boosters, going to the games on Friday night to watch Ariel. I am also teaching classes at the store in Kanawha City. They are going great! I usually teach two classes a week.

I wanted to let everyone know too that on September 29 we are doing the "Scrap Pink" crop. All proceeds after expenses go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. The cost is $45. It will be from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Kanawha Mall and you can call the store to register, the number is 304-925-7272. For the out of towners there are several hotels in very close proximity to the mall. It is going to be a lot of fun and I would love getting to meet some of ya'll

scoopers
Veteran
scoopers

Sandy,
What is included in the $45 cost? I might have to come from Beckley for this one

Sandy Scraps in WV
Veteran
Sandy Scraps in WV
In response to scoopers

I know that there will be snacks and drinks available. There will be a class offered for an additional fee. You will get a goody bag filled with stuff (it is sooooo cute, I got a sneak peak at it:) ) and there will be other things as well. I hope that you come!!!! It would be great! If you have any questions feel free to contact me my e-mail is [email protected] Here is the information off of the website

Registration is now OPEN for our SCRAP PINK scrapbooking event!! Help us find a cure for Breast Cancer!!!

We are pleased to announce that we will be participating in a National weekend event SCRAP PINK to help raise money for the fight against breast cancer!

Saturday, September 29, 2007 we will be holding our Scrap Pink Scrapbooking event from 9am to 9pm, as we scrapbook to raise money for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, For the Cure.

Spaces are LIMITED so please register as soon as possible to ensure your spot! Pre-payment is required.

Spend the day cropping and having fun all for a good cause!!

Scrap Pink Crop Event
Saturday, September 29, 2007
9am – 9pm
Kanawha Mall, Kanawha City
Price: $45

A portion of the fee goes DIRECTLY to the Susan G. Komen fund working towards a cure for Breast cancer. We will have goodie bags, door prizes and plenty of drinks, food and FUN throughout the day!

There will also be a special class offered (for an additional fee) to those who wish to participate! We will be making a Basic Grey Date Book. Each class comes with a complete kit valued at $36.50 that includes one of the new Basic Grey Mini Chip Board albums and an entire package of Lily Kate Ribbon! As a special “one time only” on this day we will be offering this class to ScrapPink participants for only $18.00 (in the future this class will be held at it’s regular cost of $40.00)!

Remember, spaces are limited and registration is now open! As always, your pre-payment is required to ensure your spot.

Any questions, please feel free to contact us at the store 925-7272, via email at [email protected] verizon.net or Carrie at [email protected]

More specific details will follow as the date draws closer

We hope to see you there!!!

Sandy Scraps in WV
Veteran
Sandy Scraps in WV

Oh I forgot to mention that since the store is like only two miles from where this is being held, there will be someone making trips throughout the day to go shopping for everyone who needs anything Can't beat that, a crop and a personal shopper!!!!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

too far for me but sounds like a fun time ~ hope you get a good turn out

scoopers
Veteran
scoopers
In response to SheilaWV

Went to Almost Heaven and it was great, I spent like $150 and I believe that I will be going to the crop on the 29th so hopefully will get to meet you there. Thanks Sandy!!!

nikkic1998
Tenant
nikkic1998
In response to scoopers

Sandy,

Will Almost Heaven be having any Beginner Classes? I signed up & am now getting their e-mails, but I didn't see any classes for beginners. I want to make a book for my mom but am not sure how to start. I thought a beginner class might help. I already have a starter kit with an album and have bought a few things but I guess I'm just nervous about beginning.

mmcvaney
Resident
mmcvaney

WV Scrap Camp is coming up October 12-14, 2007. There are still plenty of spaces available! We would love for you to join us!

Lots of great classes on Saturday..even if you can't stay for the whole camp. Please let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.scrapcamp.com

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to mmcvaney

yet another that's too far away

scoopers
Veteran
scoopers
In response to SheilaWV

I am so excited, just wanted to let everyone in and around the Beckley area that I drove by the new Hobby Lobby and it won't be long before it opens!!!!!! They are almost done with the inside and should be bringing in all the fixtures and stuff can't wait for that to open. I so LOVE Hobby Lobby, they always have a great selection of scrapbooking stuff!!!!!

Sandy Scraps in WV
Veteran
Sandy Scraps in WV
In response to scoopers

Hey Sandy, from one Sandy to another, I just wanted to say that it was great meeting you the other day at the crop!!! I hope that you enjoyed yourself there and hopefully we can do it again Now you make sure and let me know when HL opens up

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

scoopers
Veteran
scoopers

• sandyhubbard917 Said:
Hey Sandy, from one Sandy to another, I just wanted to say that it was great meeting you the other day at the crop!!! I hope that you enjoyed yourself there and hopefully we can do it again Now you make sure and let me know when HL opens up

It was really great to meet you too. I checked the HL web site and they are saying that they will be opening up in October will send message when it is offically open!!!! Can't wait!!!

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to scoopers

Just wanted to stick my head in and say "Hi!" How is everyone? Doing well here in Monroe county...fall colors starting to show, deer everywhere. Wish it would cool off just a little, though.
Any new scrapbook store s near Bluefield, Princeton or Beckley open or opening soon? I saw mention of a Hobby Lobby... Like I really need to buy supplies I won't get to use for months and months.....
I didn't get to attend the Fall Scrap Camp this year. Hopefully in the spring! It's well worth the trip to Ripley, believe me! I have such a good time there and really get a lot done.
Happy Scrappin!

mel_adramatic1981
Veteran
mel_adramatic1981
In response to LauraRNwv

Hi WV folks! I'm another newbie...both to this forum and to scrap booking. I live in Parkersburg and I'm just here to exchange ideas and hopefully learn a few things. Hope all is well.

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to mel_adramatic1981

Welcome aboard, Mel! It's always nice to have new people! Hope you like it here. It's really a great place for ideas. Have fun!
Laura

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to LauraRNwv

welcome

Sandy Scraps in WV
Veteran
Sandy Scraps in WV
In response to SheilaWV

Hey Girls... I just called Hobby Lobby in Beckley and they are going to try to open this afternoon. They open up at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and the grand opening is on MONDAY!

WOO HOO!!!! (Now I have to go rob Peter to pay Paul so that I can have some $$$ to go shopping with) hehehehe...

scoopers
Veteran
scoopers

Just wondering how you liked Hobby Lobby. I have been going way to much since they opened but am really loving it!!!!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to scoopers

Just checkin' in to say hi! How is everyone?

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

There is a crop Jan 12 from 3-?? in Saint Albans if anyone is interested...

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

Does anyone ever check this thread anymore??

naerae
naerae 
Resident
naerae

hi im a newbie from Princeton...thats the southern most tip of wv ...very close to va...i actually work in va. anyone near me?

emily_allison726
Resident
emily_allison726
In response to naerae

I'm from the northern panhandle...
I think we're 2 of a very few from WV naerae!

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to emily_allison726

I'm looking for scrapbook company demonstrators/consultants /reps close to my area! I live in Union, in Monroe county, close to Lewisburg/White Sulphur Springs/Ronceverte, not too far from Princeton or even Covington, VA. Any takers?

KristiJenean
Veteran
KristiJenean
In response to LauraRNwv

hey guys!...im new in the forum...from webster co!...yep, right in the middle of no where!

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to KristiJenean

I'm hoping to organize a fundraising crop for my Lions Club and need ideas! Still looking for those demonstrators/consultants /reps close to my area. I live in Union, in Monroe county, close to Lewisburg/White Sulphur Springs/Ronceverte/Alders on or a little farther, Princeton/Bluefield or even Covington, VA!

Sandy Scraps in WV
Veteran
Sandy Scraps in WV
In response to LauraRNwv

Just wanted to say hi to everyone :o)

GymnasticsMom
Expert
GymnasticsMom

I live in NC but i am originally from oceana/wyoming county, wv. i have an aunt that lives in kenna/ripley area.

timelyteacup
Veteran
timelyteacup
In response to GymnasticsMom

I live in Lewisburg!

New Kid On the Block
In response to timelyteacup

I'm in Charleston

WVScrapMom
Tenant
WVScrapMom
In response to cropcarrie

I just found this site and I live in Lost Creek, WV and giving a shout out to all the ladies from West Virginia!!!!!

MyOwnGrandma
Resident
MyOwnGrandma
In response to WVScrapMom

• WVScrapMom Said:
I just found this site and I live in Lost Creek, WV and giving a shout out to all the ladies from West Virginia!!!!!

I'm in Weston =o)

New Kid On the Block
In response to MyOwnGrandma

I live on the border over in Ohio, but Im like 20 mins from Huntington, West Virginia.

Resident
In response to LauraRNwv

Hey there...

There are always the Stampin UP and Close to my Heart that offer scrapbooking and stampin and have lower minimums..You can also check out my scrapbooking weekend retreat @ www.virginiascrapbookretreats .com

Resident
In response to scrapnmaw

I'm currently planning a weekend retreat there in Martinsburg West VA...It is not shown yet on the site but if you register with your email on the site to receive info I will get it out to you as soon as I have it updated. It is being planned for March 2012...
Mary Full
www.virginiascrapbookretreats .com

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrapnmaw

If you are in the Morgantown area, The Salvation Army Community Center is holding a crop on Saturday, October 15 from 9:00 AM to 5:30 AM.

You can find the details on the Facebook event page here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=271038606257516 or send an e-mail to [email protected] for more information.

Edited by scrapsofcandy on 10-08-11 05:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 5 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics