Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: All Digital Scrappers With Myplaces Check in!        (Topic#1359911)
shaunnaRooskie
Guru
shaunnaRooskie
In response to amandajanew

Welcome to all the newbies on this thread! And welcome to digital scrapping. I can't say I'm an experienced digital scrapper; more of an experienced digital designer, but I have done some digital LO's in addition to my paper scrapbooking. Plan on doing more; have developed everything for my own digital LO's and I would like the possibility of developing my own line/brand of digital scrap stuff. I have a MyPlace, lots of stuff to look at there and more to come! Hello to all!

suziwollman
Expert
suziwollman
In response to shaunnaRooskie

I cannot believe this! I must have been asleep! This thread is posted in my "favorites," but I'VE NEVER SIGNED IN!!! Okay, I can fix that right now. Hi, I'm a 100% digi scrapper, due to the fact that I live in Ukraine where the only nice paper available is wallpaper, and you have to buy the whole roll. (There are no such things as "remnants" of cloth, either!) Take a look at my gallery to see my layouts. I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm really just playing around with both, as my husband is actually the graphic designer in our family. Gallery

Oletta
Oletta 
Idol
Oletta
In response to suziwollman

Good to "see" you on this thread, Suzi!

Tenant
In response to Oletta

i'm here!! i've been digiscrapping for about 6 months i think? i still do some paper scrapping, but my gallery is only digipages.

JaBanana
Tenant
JaBanana
In response to Amamore1

I have been paper scrapbooking for several years and absolutely LOVE it, but I attempting to try ditigal....so far I am very overwelmed!!!! But once I get the right programs I need and a few kits I think I will be on my way.

craftychick
Diva
craftychick
In response to JaBanana

I am new at digiscrapbooking but very eager to get tips on how tos and the right progams if anyone has any suggestions...

delpaul
New Kid On the Block
delpaul
In response to Amamore1

My friend introduced me to paper scrapbooking but the fear of ripping good paper and that once you glue your project it is final scared the jeepers out of me! I enjoy very much computer and digital photography and discovered the world of Digi Scrap in February 2006... Hooked since then! I work with PS7.

Sarah'sScrappin
Tenant
Sarah'sScrappin
In response to Merek

Hello All! I am both a digital Scrapper and what I call old school scrapper! Come to my place and check it out!

LouLou
LouLou 
Tenant
LouLou
In response to jakndian

Hola! I am new to digital scrapping and I am so excited to learn. I have Photoshop Element 2 and I am so frustrated because I am such a slow learner. I am going to sign up for a couple of classes.

New Kid On the Block
In response to LouLou

i have been using a computer forever.....since my kids were 10 and 11.....there 36 and almost 35 now....i'm really happy to hear about digi scrapping.....i have MS and my hands do not work well(i'm typing this with one finger)so paper scraping is out for me!i have organized all my digi pics....have collected every free and mark down kit on the net and would like to get started!!!!!!!!
i have corel graphic suite 11, adobe ps cs, and corel psp x which i'll probably use the most...my favorite program....i think i'm ready to get started....my problem....don't know what to scrap and with what kit first? please help me if you have an idea where to start?

scrappin' girl
Resident
scrappin' girl

Add me to the digital scrapbooking world! I have been a paper gal for 6 months (still doing that too) and just started using "Memory Makers" for my digital work. LOVE IT!!!

Scrappy Sharon
Resident
Scrappy Sharon
In response to ~Jeannie~

Hi! I have been digi-scrapping since January 1, 2006 and now I am an addict! It was my new years resolution to try and look what happened!

~Julie~
Veteran
~Julie~
In response to Scrappy Sharon

Hi I am Julie and I am new to Digi scrapping. I dont have any layouts in my gallery yet but I hope to soon.

Nice to meet you all

PCScrapbookCre8r
New Kid On the Block
PCScrapbookCre8r
In response to ~Julie~

Hi,
I just found this forum! Good to meet you all. I have just started digi-scrapping recently and am taking classes weekly at the local school to learn how to use my PSE4, PS7 and CS. I loved the idea of fixing photos, but hadn't taken it as far as scrapping until recently. I have managed to do some nice layouts for a beginner I think, but am finding that my imagination only stretches so far...lol.

I will have to take a look at some of your ideas and play around with the 'bits and pieces' that I have d/l to work with. I think it is more a matter of not completely knowing how to incorporate all the ideas into each layout yet.

I look forward to going to each weekly class to learn more. And, now I have another place to get tips and ideas! When I figure out how to post my layouts here, I will get them up for your helpful suggestions.

Janna L
Veteran
Janna L
In response to jakndian

Checking in! Memory Mixer is my new favorite thing!

DigiDude
Expert
DigiDude

Interesting I thought I had checked in, but I can't find an entry. Oh well, I'm getting old and the RAM is filling up.

Gallery Here, no telling where my mind is...

elizzylee
Diva
elizzylee
In response to DigiDude

another digi scrapper checking in.

Simply Susan
Guru
Simply Susan
In response to elizzylee

well, i have exceded the abilities of scrapbook factory 2, so i have moved onto photoshop cs2. i should say i am fighting with it, i think i will take an online crash course....wish me luck.

everything in my gallery is digi scrapbook factory 2.

Oletta
Oletta 
Idol
Oletta
In response to Simply Susan

Your los are great, randr! I'm just beginning my graphic design adventure with Fireworks. You'll have lots of fun.

cindee317
Idol
cindee317
In response to Oletta

I'm fairly new to digi scrapping and I enjoy both mediums!

Lela
Lela 
Idol
Lela
  • Lela on 04-27-06 09:07 AM
In response to cindee317

I got into digi scrapping several months ago due to the fact that my scrap room is under construction and my stuff is everywhere its not supposed to be, I LOVE it! I find myself sitting down on here messing around with it every time I get a spare moment. Im using PSE4 just learning some of the tricks

Rose Etc1
Tenant
Rose Etc1
In response to ~Jeannie~

Hello.

I would like to say "ditto" to Jeannie's comment, minus the QuicKutz , but add a whole lot of other paper envolvement as an artist; old fashioned photogragher of many years (darkroom, printing and all the smelling chemicals); Then I discovered the simple fun of rubberstamping 12 or so years ago and card making all in fun.

Finally I entered the digital age and went for the best... well I haven't found all these other programs better, they just keep interfering with my creativity and my results are so much less proffessional and slick looking. Not that scrapbooking is suppose to be like that. Or by the way I am refering to Photoshop any complete Pro version.

I have the other Scapbook programs and I always end up wishing I had just started from scratch in photoshop. My layouts are disappointing and nothing like the work I did that was layers and textures and all kinds of images... I don't know why the two are so different, for me anyway.

I was hoping these goofy programs like Scrapbook Factory and Ulead PhotoImpact XL,and several others I try would have the same effect that rubber stamping had for me years ago. I no longer had to paint masterpieces for every greeting card, etc. I learned to loosen up and still elevated the craft to an artsy level. But the results are always so much less than what I want to see...so I don't really like my results much and go back to paper and paint for awhile or just end up back at Photoshop. I have Illustrator also but don't need to use it much in the non-professional realm. I prefer to draw freehand anyway.

Wow I really got carried away. I just realized that if anyone goes and see the layouts in my gallery... Well by my standards they really are my worst work, but I don't have my best on the PC. Or it is certainly my Scrapbooking. So I am here for role call and to figure out where I belong.

I hope I can learn to enjoy it and not hate my results. Or at least tolerate them when I think someone with a real eye might be looking at them. Maybe you guys can where rose color glasses or better yet, just close your eyes when you visit my Gallery.

Thanks for letting my express myself... I better take a break now.

But I wonder if anyone else out there feels this way, has this frustration, or has made it past this ackward place, is there a transition?

Sincerely Exhausted and sorry if I exhausted any of you too... I had no idea I was going to write any of this...

Rose Etc -{@

MishMosh
New Kid On the Block
MishMosh

100% digital here too. I've been scrapping for a year now and I use Photoshop CS2.

shhbabymine
Idol
shhbabymine
In response to MishMosh

Ok well - here goes the lunge! Totally GREEN here - just got Photoshop CS2 - cant use it for a dang!! WOW didnt know it would be SO complicated - hey maybe its just me - anyway - here to learn what I can & get started - I got lots (6 years) of time to make up for & my son
wants to work with me on getting his album up to date this summer! Then I got 3 more to go after that - signing in!

SweetHoneyBee
Tenant
SweetHoneyBee
In response to Amamore1

Hi! I am new to digital scrapbooking , just learning and having fun with it!

dove123
Resident
dove123
In response to Merek

i'm in. i have been digital scrapping for about 10 years, before anyone thought of doing it on their computer.

MommazWildChild
Resident
MommazWildChild
In response to dove123

Howdy ! Im pretty new to digi scraps and traditional.... but I LOVE them both !

greenrn
New Kid On the Block
greenrn
In response to MommazWildChild

I have been paper scrapbooking for 3-4 years now, and I want to learn to digital scrapbook.
Where do I start?
Help me!

MommazWildChild
Resident
MommazWildChild
In response to greenrn

You will need a good Design Program for Digital Scrapping. I use Paint Shop Pro and Photo Shop for mine. Once you learn the basics of each one it is justa matter of finding the right tubes and images you want ( or making your own ! ) to make your digital layouts all that you want them to be !

New Kid On the Block
In response to MommazWildChild

Hello

I have been digital scrapbooking since long before it was called digital scrapbooking . I use several different programs depending on how creative I feel.

Photoshop CS2
Jasc Paint Shop Pro
FotoFusion
Scrapbook Factory Deluxe

I love Scrapbook Factory Deluxe because it has so many layout ideas and elements built in. (Sometimes I am cannot think of a good layout, but I will recognise one when I see it!) I use FotoFusion for collage work. I use the Photoshop and Jasc programs for photo editing.

janellie
Diva
janellie
In response to Squeakness

I do digital scrapbooking and paper scrapbooking. I have done a total of 3 digital layouts and I'm hooked. I use scrapbook factory deluxe 3. If it's a LO that I really like, then I do a paper lo basically the same.
Digital LO's

Edited by janellie on 05-22-06 10:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappinTiffers
Tenant
ScrappinTiffers
In response to janellie

Hi! I am Tiffani, an AVID digiscrapper. I have been officially digiscrapping since April of 2005 but have been using PSP since 2002 to make tags, stats, and webgraphics. I do paper scrap but don't have time or space to do it like I do with digiscrappingl. I am a married SAHM of 8 (#9 is due in August) and LOVE my Vivicam 8.1 MP I got for my anniversary present. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

IreneO
IreneO 
Tenant
IreneO
In response to jhusk

The best thing is to choose a graphics program (my faves are Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements) and play with them and learn, learn, learn. You will never outgrow Photoshop!

PhoenixLmom
Idol
PhoenixLmom
In response to jakndian

Hey! I'm a digi scrapper! Every single LO in my gallery is digital. Been digi scrappin since like May of 2005 and can't stop now or I will get behind on the boys's albums!! haha. I enjoy making my own backgrounds and elements by scanning some of my clothes and textured things I find around the house. :-) Yeah, so, um, HI! haha

AncsiScrapper
Idol
AncsiScrapper
In response to PhoenixLmom

I'm pretty new too both paper and digi scrapping.
Well on my first album actually I used both, and I really like it.
Can you make the whole digi lo's on PhotoShop CS2 ?
I don't have this progi yet, but I really been thinking about it.
Any suggestion where to buy it cheaper ?
When you do digi, you make the whole lo on computer or you add to it ?

ysabell616
Tenant
ysabell616
In response to Merek

The page I have in my gallery is my first digital page. I use Photoshop 7.0, since that is what happened to be on my computer. The advantages to digital are how "clean" it is (nothing to put away when I'm finished) and the ability to change things until it's just right. I do like to "stuff" involved with traditional scrapping, though, too.

Yulia.Yuwono
Veteran
Yulia.Yuwono
In response to ysabell616

oopss.. sorry.. i never check in here before.. i'm yulia, live in west-java, indonesia. ive been doing digiscrap for almost 2 years now. software i use, always photoshop 7.0

nice to meet you all..

drberry
Guru
drberry
In response to Amamore1

Ok girls- I am new to the site- been a "paper" scrapper for sometime- I have a new Mac and I wanna digital scrap. Few questions- 1. Where do I begin? 2. How do you print out your layouts once you've done them? Any suggestions will be apprieciated. Happy scrappin and God bless!

Oletta
Oletta 
Idol
Oletta
In response to drberry

Greeting, Yulia - hope all your loved ones are safe!

For drberry: Congrats on the Mac! We've always been Mac users till I started digi-scrappin'. Then my generous husband got me a Windows and Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 3.0 so I could start out slowly. Photoshop is an expensive program, (some use Photoshop Elements, which is much less expensive), but, with practice, will give you all the artistic tools you need to make stunning layouts. While you're learning, you can import free digi-graphics from the many scrapbook sites online.
You'll need a photo-quality printer, preferably with separate ink cartridges. 12x12 is available (not cheap), but I do mine in letter size so I can use standard binders and page protectors .
Welcome aboard!

~DaniB~
New Kid On the Block
~DaniB~
In response to Oletta

Hi everyone! I am new to this site!
I have been digital scrapping for almost 3 years and designing for a little over 2 years.
I have used PSP8 but now use PS7 and PSE3. My favorite digi 'tool' is the Wacom tablet.. can't tell you how much I love it
Another hobby I adore is photography. So much to learn but almost as fun as learning to scrap !

I am guilty of not printing every single layout but I do archive them and always say 'someday I will print these' lol at least they are finished. I never finished any paper layouts

Yulia.Yuwono
Veteran
Yulia.Yuwono
In response to Oletta

Thank you.. we're fine here in the west java.. *Thank God* (the earthquake hit the middle java) It really a tragedy to lost more than 5000 people.

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress
In response to Yulia.Yuwono

Checking in! I started w/ paper scrappin', but fell in love w/ digi scrappin' SO much! I also design digi scrappin' products and sell them, which is a lot of fun! I'm also addicted to blogs....bad, bad, bad! So clearly I'm very proficient in the art of Time Suckage!

Merek
Merek 
Veteran
Merek
  • Merek on 06-01-06 01:19 PM
In response to 3peaspress

This is a grea response! So many digital scrappers all with GREAT GREAT GREAT layouts!!!

Thanks for checkin in and keep em coming!

straw.holder
Resident
straw.holder
In response to Merek

Checking in. I'm new to digital scrapbooking , and I only have a few pages done, but I'm adding more every day!

Skrapiti
New Kid On the Block
Skrapiti
In response to straw.holder

Hello all,
I'm new to this site but have been digi scrapping for a year and I am totally hooked. I use photoshop. I really to see more of all of you.
Christina

kattcom999
Idol
kattcom999
In response to Skrapiti

Hello, I am a newbie here and I love to digi scrap. I have been tinkering in it with PS7 as well as PowerPoint for a while now and really enjoy it. Paper and embellishments around here are out of the question if I want to scrapbook because of my 4 cats. They tend to eat things they shouldn't. I look forward to every chance I get to scrap and carry a small notepad with me where ever I go so when an idea strikes I can jot it down. Hope I learn alot here because the pages I have seen so far are wonderful.

Theatre Mom
Tenant
Theatre Mom
In response to ~DaniB~

How is everyone in the scrapping world today? I have been paper scrapping for a couple of years and am still trying to get comfortable using all the cool tools and products. I got a digi program for Christmas called Scrapbook Factory Deluxe, but it looks like the hot program to have is Photo Shop. Can someone please explain to me the difference in all the PS programs. I would truely welcome any input. I mostly just scrap for my family if that makes a difference. Thanks!

kattcom999
Idol
kattcom999
In response to Theatre Mom

Hi Theater Mom, I'm new here but you are right about PhotoShop. I mostly use PS7 (PhotoShop7) to do my scrap pages and it is a wonderful program. Its the best and most comprehensive photo manipulation and restoration program available on the market. You can do almost anything with it except animation which it's "sibbling" add on program "ImageReady" is useful for animation. If you are interested in PhotoShop7 just send me a private message...

Alainas
Resident
Alainas
In response to Amamore1

I've been scrapping digi for about a year and LOVE it! I am SO glad to be here. Alainas

Studio Lailani
Pro
Studio Lailani
In response to Amamore1

Hello! I'm new to SB.com and to digital scrapbooking . Still learning....

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to Studio Lailani

Just getting started in digital format and really looking forward to learning all I can.

kierrala
Idol
kierrala
In response to LindaC

Just getting on the digital bandwagon!

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to kierrala

I am Ilene, have done digital for almost a year. I use Photoshop Elements. If you want to see some of my digital work, I invite you to visit my China album which is entirely digital.

Link to my China album

There are digital los in my other albums too, but they are mingled with paper layouts, and it is hard to tell the difference. In general, those with the most current pictures are most likely to be digital los. You are welcome to look at the other albums as well, by going through the following link, and you can choose an album that looks interesting to you. Bet you can't tell the difference between my digital and paper los!

Link to all my albums

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to Merek

Merek:

I wish I could design ecuts. I think I'd be good at it. Are there any instruction books on creating ecuts? Like what you are allowed to use and not allowed to use? Can you start with patterned paper s? I mean, I have to have a starting point, and the papers seem to be the most difficult to design.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to suziwollman

Suzie:
digital is a smart choice for you. It is great for people who don't have access to sb stores. I recommend you look at the ecuts, and other sources of digital elements, which can really help you move into digital very fast. These elements are much cheaper than paper, and easy to distribute on the net.

I'll bet you use digital scrapbooking in your teaching. It could really make teaching fun!
Maybe your students would even like to do some of it. Kids are so digital now.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to scrapjah

Jennifer:

I visited your gallery and I'm impressed. Since you taught yourself how to do digi designs, and others are asking to learn how to do it, could you teach us?

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to tabitha381

My daughter uses scrapbook factory deluxe, and I use Photoshop elements. Hers is very easy to use, and she is not very computer skilled. Mine is harder to use and I am very skilled. So there are merits in both, but the place where you may experience the greatest difficulty is in controlling the output of the files from the inexpensive products. They don't give you enough control, and make it hard to share the output, like on the web, or onto a disk that you can take to the copy center, etc. My stuff is easy to ditribute. She has lots of beautiful stuff in her computer that she can't put on the web or on a cd. Maybe it is also a function of her output devices, whch are not as good as mine.

To choose the best products, assess your hardware, time available, and skill. I prefer Photoshop elements because I make mine to share on the net. You may look at my China album to see some digital lo's. Hers are beautiful, but they are trapped in her id. You might want to talk to my daughter, and her username is "Happy Camper". As you can see, she has nothing in her gallery. If you want to show your work, the cheap packages may not be the best choice. Elements is not very expensive. It is about $100 I think, and very worth the price.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to mom_the_bomb

Check out photoshop elements. It cousts around $100 and is worth every penny. I absolutely love it and used it to create my digital layouts. Please look at my China gallery to see what you can do with it. maybe you can even make better layouts than I did with it. I've only done it for a year. Good luck. Choose wisely. Cheap is not always a bargain.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to Merek

Merek: I think it is a great idea to post the new stuff on this forum, so the digital people get a chance to build up their resources.

I would like to ask a question about free stuff.
Do you have any programs to give elements to qualified charities or volunteer efforts? Please look at my blog about seriously ill newborns, and let me know if there is any way I can channel free resources from computer scrapbook.com to the nurses at NICU.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to Merek

It is pretty brave of you to lead this digi scrap group when you are not a digital scrapper yourself. I saw that you have only done 1 digital layout.

Did you intend to find somebody else in this forum to take over the leadership? Are you intending to create groups in here with other leaders? I think I can lead a group, if you will tell me how to start up a group.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to artfulash

Don't forget to checkout computer scrapbook.com. The ecuts can really help you and they are not expensive. Some are even free. Check it out.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to pkbb

before you try to uplaid them to the web, do a save for web operation. there is no use in trying to upload the huge files. they go up so much better after they have been compressed (flattened to one layer). they also print better. all those layers are only useful during the design process. compress and then share.
good luck.

in my programs, there is a 'save for web' operation in the file menu, right under the save. try it. you'll share much easier.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to Oletta

I download all the things I like and organize them into a directory for easy access when I am digiscrapping. organization takes some effort, but it is worth it because then you can find things easily when you need them.

i had to figure this out, but knew that it was important. I have a lot of elelments, and if i did not have them organized, they's just be a pain. if you want to talk about organizing, contact me. i'll tell you how I do it. wish i could just show you my digital scrapbooking file structure and how i make it work for me.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to sweetscraps

i have used elements 2.0 for the last year and love it. if you are good at computer, you can get some awesome layouts with it. please look at my China album in my gallery to see the work I created in the last couple of months with it. i have only done digital for less than a year.

i encourage you to try pe2.0. You can get training cd's from Scrapper's guide, very good and not expensive.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to KatieInAz

be sure to check out my China album

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to ~Jeannie~

Jeannie: I have a wacom and want so much to use it, as I am developing carpal tunnel, but don't know how. no instruction book. how do you learn to use it?

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to Rgifford

Robin: Do it. Get myplace going. This is a great place for you to hang out during your adolescent years. Great people. Lots of Christians, a supportive learning atmosphere. You could not have picked a better place. Why don't you start a group for young scrappers?

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to Rgifford

One security measure though - change your userid. Don't include your last name or your location. You are young and pretty. Better to withhold some information. You can think of me as your online grandma. I have an 11 year old granddaughter.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to hanahighwayhula

Beth: I hope you find a way to scan those layouts. Remember scan-n-stitch from adobe. It costs about $40. You can get a free download of a trial and then upgrade to deluxe for $20. then you can scan in segments and stitch so easily.

I would love to see your layouts, so signal me when you get them into your gallery, ok?

And digital is so worth it. I absolutely love it. I think you could make the adjustment. Adobe Photoshop elements is my choice. It is so worth the price. Please look at my China album to see what I have done with it, and I have only done digital less tha a year. I'd like to know how you progress.

Edited by Truth and Wisdom on 06-19-06 08:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to hanahighwayhula

Oh, it's Beth, sorry! Still, lets keep up with each other.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to sabjac

You need a scrapbooking program. Lots to choose from. Look at my other posts in this forum for advice.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to scrappin'mary

The old pictures you inherited are a treasure, and digiscrapping can help you find the value that is hidden in them. Good luck. Just strike out. Spend time organizing if you want to get the maximum value out of the photos. Ask the people in the photos what they remember about this, and record their answers. Those will be your source for great journals. Journals make the layouts.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to msatterf

photoshop elements 4.0 and adobe photoshop elements classroom in a book. I'm doing it.

Truth and Wisdom
Expert
Truth and Wisdom
In response to Joy...ByTheSea

Look for Linda Sattgast on the web, at her company called "Scrapper's Guide". She is a great teacher, and I learned to use pe2.0 from her cds. I did only 5 lessons last summer, and look at my China album to see what I have done with it. I have other digital los too, but you may have difficulty figuring out which is digital and which is paper. All of "China" is digital and was done with pe 2.0.

SoMnIs
SoMnIs 
Diva
SoMnIs
In response to Truth and Wisdom

today I am inspired! and I have created a pair but of!

I hope that you like!

to be you criticize ehh!

http://www.scrapbook.com/scrapbook_layouts/showphoto.ph...

Digibound
Tenant
Digibound
In response to SoMnIs

*slides into her seat as the bell rings and hollers "HERE!"*

juldik
juldik 
Veteran
juldik
In response to Merek

Hi. I am a great grandmother who is teaching herself to digi scrap. I am using Corel PaintShop Pro X. It has been a long process understanding how to use masks, etc. But I love it. What I really love if not having paper, glue, scissors, etc. laying all around. What I would like is a new color printer where I could get nice prints. I am in the process of doing a 6x6 scrapbook and I learn as I go along. I can see the difference in my work from my first attempts to my latest.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

Count me in. I am just a beginner. I probably won't be able to offer help to anyone for awhile - I'll just be askin' for it!

Justine Hastie
Veteran
Justine Hastie
In response to Amamore1

wow there's a heap of us here! great to see i'm a photoshop girl all the way

Edited by Justine Hastie on 06-28-06 02:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ggranny6
New Kid On the Block
ggranny6
In response to Amamore1

I'm interested in learning how to digital scrapbooking , too, I do scrapbooking on paper for albums.

Karen E
Tenant
Karen E
In response to Merek

I haven't digital scrapbooked yet, but I really want to learn all I can about it.

jmodesigns
New Kid On the Block
jmodesigns
In response to Merek

I am a digital greeting card / scrapper. I am a graphic designer in staten island, NY. When I am not using traditional craft materials the computer helps me acheive a different look. This forum looks like a lot of fun. I am looking forward to some swaps and contests.

vickiehf
Tenant
vickiehf
In response to Merek

I am TOTALly digi!! Woohoo!

nita9
nita9 
Resident
nita9
  • nita9 on 07-10-06 06:29 PM
In response to Merek

Count me in. I love to scrapbook both ways. I have been digitaly scrapbooking about 3 months now and have about 25 pages done.

nita9
nita9 
Resident
nita9
  • nita9 on 07-10-06 06:44 PM
In response to Theatre Mom

I started out with Microsoft Digital Image Pro. It was so quick and easy to learn. Then my daughter bought Adobe Photo Shop. It took me a while to figure it all out. Then I found Scrapbook Factory on sale and bought it to. It has lots of great stuff but not as much flexibility as the other two. My favorite so far has been Digital Image Pro. Very easy and will do most anything you need.

Krissy-Pooh
Resident
Krissy-Pooh
In response to nita9

Hi there!! I'm pretty new to all of this scrapbooking stuff but I can already feel this new narcotic coarsing through my veins. :-)

I did my first Digi page tonight. It's in my gallery. My album that I'm working on is 8 1/2 x 11 so I can just go to Kinkos to print (I assume)

Anyway I have Microsoft Picture It 10. I might look into buying something else if I have to. I've been downloading elements from the freebie sections here and at www.digitalscrapbookingplace.com.

I enjoy both ways of scrapbooking but for some reason I feel more comfortable with digital. I guess it's because my two scrapping friends are "Goddesses of Scrapbooking" and can be pretty intimidating with their creativity and talent.

Anyway, Hi there!! *waves*

Krissy-Pooh

Snix
Snix 
Mayor
Snix
  • Snix on 07-11-06 08:25 PM
In response to Krissy-Pooh

Hi everyone!
I just started getting into digi-scrapping (although I use Photoshop CS2 at work all day for other reasons) and I am enjoying it so much! I look forward to stepping into this section on sb.com! I know there are a lot of talented digi-artists out here, and I look forward to meeting others and getting inspiration and tips!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Snix

Hi everyone!

I do both traditionald and digital scrapping. I've been creating my own kits (not yet available to the public but soon they will be!). I have not done many digital layouts and only have one posted in my gallery (the Pride and Prejudice LO).

Looking forward to being part of the digital community here!

DebbieK
Tenant
DebbieK
In response to Amamore1

Here's mine!

http://www.scrapbook.com/places/DebbieK

mamagogo
Tenant
mamagogo
In response to mom_the_bomb

If you mean the sick greenish cast you see in photographs shot underneath fluorescent light, then in your color balance (not sure what photo-editing software you have--I used photoshop exclusively) add magenta, playing around with the amounts until you get the photo looking more neutral.

If that's not what you meant, then I'm sorry. good luck.

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to mamagogo

Hi everyone!

I'm new to digi scrapbooking but not to Photoshop.

ScrapMyKids
Resident
ScrapMyKids
In response to DLynch

I've been paper scrapbooking for over a year but just learned how to scrapbook digitally. It really is fun, but will never replace going to crops, being with the girls, sharing ideas. I want to buy Adobe Photoshop CS2, but opted for a less expensive scrapbooking program by by Broderbund ~ " Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Platinum" ~ $35.00. I really like it.
I still want to buy Adobe Photoshop CS2. I can get a teachers' discount at a local store ~ $299.00. Not bad compared to the first price I saw it for ~ $719.00 ~ at a local office supply store.

Edited by ScrapMyKids on 07-22-06 11:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Leeleer
Pro
Leeleer
In response to ScrapMyKids

You could also get Photoshop Elements 3 or 4. It's a bit simpler than what you want but you can do a lot of things and it's less than $100.

Alley1723
Resident
Alley1723
In response to Amamore1

I'm new to sb.com as of today - - i've have 3 LOs in paper, and 3 digi LOs that I did today. Would love some ideas and critiques!

I already think I might change my dog one by moving the title to the middle, and making room for and "&" in Reiss and Blake, and doing a better job making "that's my Bella Girl" stand out more. But then again I think I'm my harshest critic!

I use PS CS2, and I've been getting very involved with Adobe Products during the past 3 or 4 years; with two years of "actual teaching" I guess you could say. Anyone can learn tools though - - it's all about what's in YOU!

I'm starting college this year and majoring in Graphic Design (eXciTeD ExcITEd EXCITEDDD!) and I'm really excited about that. I've recently become addicted to sb.com and I was wondering if anyone knows of therapy groups for people like us

Ask me anything!

LadyCat
New Kid On the Block
LadyCat
In response to Amamore1

I started out several years ago with handscrapping but changed over to digital about 4 years ago. I also do greeting cards, vacation albums and silly sigs <g> all kinds of fun stuff. Oh by the way, I am brand new here:-)

Cat (58 yrs) now living in NC

Maz109
Maz109 
Veteran
Maz109
In response to LadyCat

Hi there. I do more digital than standard. I use
HP Creative Scrapbook Assistant. I actually came across the software when checking out the HP Activity Center.

I like the software because I can make my own shapes, phrases and layouts. I also use mostly my own backgrounds and frames.

mint
mint 
Expert
mint
  • mint on 07-30-06 04:23 AM
In response to Maz109

Hi everyone I'm new to digital don't have any posted yet but have did some will get them on.
Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.
I am a long time scraper so this is kind of diffrent for me.

linda_wm
Veteran
linda_wm
In response to mint

I've been digital for almost 2 years! I use Digital Image Pro and consider myself an advance user. I post usually in the Digital Gallery. I am on 2 different creative teams and absolutely love it all..

Kathy-PSPR
Veteran
Kathy-PSPR
In response to linda_wm

Hiya all....I have been psp'in for about a year now, but have just recently gotten into digi scrappin and I am lovin it!
Looking forward to learning more!

Edited by Kathy-PSPR on 08-02-06 09:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PSPR_Courtney
Tenant
PSPR_Courtney
In response to Kathy-PSPR

Hi everyone (and hi Kathy ) I am new to digi-scrapping - about 2 weeks now - and massively addicted. I have never paper-scrapped - I'm just too spazzy for that but I love to use PSP to make layouts.

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics