Username Post: Where are all the Oregon scrappers?        (Topic#1368834)
Mom2A&K
New Kid On the Block
Mom2A&K

Hello all,
I'm new here and wondering who else is here that is near me? I'm in McMinnville, Oregon. Anyone here close?

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Mom2A&K

I'm down in Salem!

Mom2A&K
New Kid On the Block
Mom2A&K
In response to Fortunes Fool

Hi Tracy-
Nice to "meet" you.

I saw a few posts from before February but hadn't seen anyone since those posts. Good to know that I still have neighbors

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Mom2A&K

THere aren;t alot of us here. There are a few in Portland/beaverton area, one other in Salem, I've seen one from eugene, and one in the Astoria area., oh also one lady in Bend. I can't remember their user names though...

Scrapin' Diva
Veteran
Scrapin' Diva
In response to Mom2A&K

I'm up in Southern washington, Portland's not too far from here if anyone is there? Rache

sweetscrappin
Veteran
sweetscrappin
In response to Fortunes Fool

im in Vancouver, Washington, and havent found to many people in my area, granted I know that there is alot of them, lol i see them at the stores, but alot of them are onliners LOL anyhow, HI! lol drop me a line sometime

snickie
Tenant
snickie
In response to sweetscrappin

Hello! I'm in Beaverton. I'm not on here much, but I check in every once in a while. I had another thread going for portland area scrappers, haven't made it through all the posts yet to find it. Just sayin hi!

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to snickie

Hello Oregon neighbor!
I am in the Roseburg area.
lilly

Proud MoMMy of 4
Idol
Proud MoMMy of 4
In response to lillylucille

Hello neighbors!!
My name is Amy and I am from Astoria. I hope to see you guys around. I am REALLY new and I have been online a bunch trying to learn, learn, learn. So if any one ever wants to chat. Just write!!

Aranel 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Proud MoMMy of 4

I'm in Milwaukie/Portland area. =D

AJ Photography
Tenant
AJ Photography
In response to Aranel

I'm in the Salem-area!

Hello Hello!

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to Mom2A&K

I'm from Sheridan, Oregon. I just joined Scrapbook.com today. So far it is great!

Lynn

suziladi
Expert
suziladi
In response to momtokatie

Hi! I'm in Gresham, Oregon & I just joined today. I thought I'd look for some neighbors while I'm here.

Scrapbknnapa
Diva
Scrapbknnapa
In response to suziladi

I used to live in Vancouver...and moved 2 1/2 yrs ago down to Napa Ca...I don't like it. I miss Vancouver. All the snow you guys are getting there. Makes me way jealous. Plus there is only one scrapbk store here and it just opened. Well, I saw Vancouver and had to check this one out.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to Scrapbknnapa

Anyone close to the Idaho border? We are in Oregon but so close to the border, that all our newspapers, tv stations, weather information etc. is from Idaho.

tine_from_Germany
New Kid On the Block
tine_from_Germany
In response to scrapnread

I'm an ex-OR scrapper, I'm from Germany but lived in Portland (SW, close to Washington Park)for a year and consider it my second home. I was an aupair and had three great kids, I watched, twin boys (then 5 now 7 years old) and a girl (then 7 now 9 Years old).

I would love to hear from you, I'll be back to PDX for sure as often as I can afford it!

Say hi to the beaver state!

sweetscrappin
Veteran
sweetscrappin
In response to tine_from_Germany

i moved to Milwaukie, Oregon.. city is a different name, but the horizon is still the same, which i love.. i was in missouri for a few months, and well, moved back home, missed it way to much..

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to sweetscrappin

I live East of Salem.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to craftysprinkles

I am in Lebanon. Heard there is a good scrap store there in McMinnville called Scrap-a-latte.
Have been wanting to check it out.

Xx-Ally-xX
Guru
Xx-Ally-xX
In response to grammykimmy

Hi!!!!!!

I'm in Grant Pass.
I was wondering the same thing, there is like no one in Grants Pass.

God bless!!
~Aly Kat

Dianeaslm
Pro
Dianeaslm
In response to suziladi

Hi! I just joined and I'm in the Rockwood area of Portland, OR.

calamityjane
Resident
calamityjane
In response to Dianeaslm

Hello!! I live at the coast..Lincoln City,OR. So if there's anyone here that would like to get together, leave me a P.M.. I have a friend here that I met on a crafting forum and we get together for coffee and card making every few weeks. I like having someone to "play" with!

DanielIam
New Kid On the Block
DanielIam
In response to Xx-Ally-xX

I am a newbie but I live in Albany. There are a lot of scrap book fans around this area but not a lot on this forum. I will have to talk it up at the place I work at!

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to DanielIam

• DanielIam Said:
I am a newbie but I live in Albany. There are a lot of scrap book fans around this area but not a lot on this forum. I will have to talk it up at the place I work at!

Hey, I live in Lebanon but work in Albany. Do you do any scrapping anywhere close?

scrappinjaime
Tenant
scrappinjaime
In response to Mom2A&K

I'm in Albany OR I would love to meet more people around this area.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to scrappinjaime

I'm south of Portland.

Cropping with friends this weekend in Hood River.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to scrappinjaime

• scrappinjaime Said:
I'm in Albany OR I would love to meet more people around this area.

Hey! I know you! Lol
Welcome aboard Jaime!

lhak4
lhak4 
New Kid On the Block
lhak4
  • lhak4 on 04-08-10 11:51 AM

I also live in Grants Pass. I'm brand new to the site and scrapbooking. My daughter's Girl Scout troop is doing scrapbooks, so I bought a kit to join them. Both of the troop leaders are big scrappers, I thought I'd give it a go, too.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to lhak4

I'm in Portland (Irvington) but lived in Gresham and Salem. Love the scrapbook stores in Salem. I swear there is more there than in Portland.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to texlady

• texlady Said:
I'm in Portland (Irvington) but lived in Gresham and Salem. Love the scrapbook stores in Salem. I swear there is more there than in Portland.

Did you see that Scrap fever went out of business? That was my favorite one in Salem

texlady
Diva
texlady

Do you remember if that was the one on hawthorne or the one on Lancaster? It would not surprise me if the one on Lancaster went under, they had a bad reputation. but if it was the one on Hawthorne, she must have decided she wanted to do something else. They were always busy. I just loved them.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to texlady

• texlady Said:
Do you remember if that was the one on hawthorne or the one on Lancaster? It would not surprise me if the one on Lancaster went under, they had a bad reputation. but if it was the one on Hawthorne, she must have decided she wanted to do something else. They were always busy. I just loved them.

Unfortunately it was the one on Hawthorne
Not a big fan of the other one.

oregonart
Pro
oregonart

Hello Sister Oregonian's!
I am in Bend and wondering if there are many of us here from central Oregon. Browsing through the post's I see people from all over Oregon except bend or the high desert.
I am not restrictive though, anyone from oregon at all I would love to communicate with. (*+*)

oregonart
Pro
oregonart
In response to scrapnread

Hey Scrapnread,
I am not as close to ID as you are but I am in central Oregon. You must be in a small town over there and was wondering how you fare for scrapbooking stores.
I am new to this site and just now begining to get to know people.
I hope that you're still around and in Oregon.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie

Scrap-A-Latte was a great little store, but sadly closed it's doors a few months back.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to texlady

Scrapbook Fever was on Hawthorne. I hated to see that one close. They were super nice and had great stuff. The one on Lancaster by Winco is still there, but are never busy.

texlady
Diva
texlady

Where was scrapalatte?

oregonart
Pro
oregonart
In response to texlady

I'm from Bend, anyone close to me?

Junenox7
New Kid On the Block
Junenox7

Well I am new to the site, again. I didn't see anyone mention Tillamook.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Junenox7

Junenox7 Hi from Portland.

unvlmom
Veteran
unvlmom
In response to texlady

I"m North of Salem, outside of Dayton...

For those that like the coast I know Stacy's Scrapshack will be reopening in February...

Is there a store in Salem? I need to find some more stickles for my ATCs

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to unvlmom

You should probably call ahead, but there was two places on the south end of Lancaster. Craftwharehouse and scrap happens was across the street in the center that Winco is in. Other than that, our favorite on Hawthorne shut down. I don't go to Salem much. The Walmart in Woodburn use to have stickers.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to unvlmom

• unvlmom Said:
I"m North of Salem, outside of Dayton...

For those that like the coast I know Stacy's Scrapshack will be reopening in February...

Is there a store in Salem? I need to find some more stickles for my ATCs

Where is that? The only one I know of is(was?) in Lincoln City, but I've never stopped there.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Bxr-Linda

google craftwharehouse, salem oregon. You should get a map. ScrapHappens is across the street in the Winco center.
Craft Warehouse- 3930 Rickey Street Southeast, Salem, OR
(503) 589-1377 () ‎

Edited by texlady on 11-10-10 07:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

queenmychl
Veteran
queenmychl
In response to texlady

Hi ladies!

I'm up in Vancouver, but it's just across the river from Portland (as you would know!) LOL!!

Toni~ I know a lady in Bend that does a weekly crop at her home (it's BEAUTIFUL!) Let me know and I will get you her contact info!

I am trying to get a scrap club going in Vancouver/Portland (or even more than one) if anyone is interested!! I am also having a Christmas Present making day mid December, for those that want to give something homemade.

And all you beachy types . . . how I would love to be there and scrapping with you!!

texlady
Diva
texlady

You get that club going in Vancouver, please let me hear what is happening at your club. I have a card making club in Gresham OR, Just across the bridge, the first Tues eve of every month at the Smith Memorial Church.

queenmychl
Veteran
queenmychl
In response to texlady

Will do!! Trying to get a LO club, a card club, and a kids' club going too! LOL

(and then get enough people interested in weekend retreats to get some of those going!!) LOL

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to queenmychl

Just FYI for OREGON, the ckc scrapbook convention is March 25,26,2011 at the portland convention center. I always go, I is tooo much fun. http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/events/ckc/portland/...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to texlady

Wasn't it in February last year?

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Bxr-Linda

seems to me that is correct.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to texlady

I think they do that just to confuse us.

queenmychl
Veteran
queenmychl
In response to Bxr-Linda

I think it's up in Seattle in Feb this year (but I could be wrong)

texlady
Diva
texlady

No it is definitely in Portland in March. I am signed up to be a volunteer just because it is so lucrative.

shirleyanne4557
Guru
shirleyanne4557
In response to texlady

Oregon City here. I just noticed Michael's has a monthly crop. Has anyone been to it and is it worth attending?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to shirleyanne4557

• shirleyanne4557 Said:
Oregon City here. I just noticed Michael's has a monthly crop. Has anyone been to it and is it worth attending?

Oooohhhh oh.... someone close to me.

I went to 2 of the Michael's crops. One was okay. It was basically me and ONE other person + 2 employees.

The other one I did not sign up ahead of time, just showed up, and I was the ONLY one, so I didn't stay.
Figured I could crop at home alone, for FREE -so why pay $5 to do it at the store, alone?

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Bxr-Linda

Iam close to you also. I live sometimes in NE Portland and other times closer to Bxr-linda. I have a place outside Buttevill.

oregonart
Pro
oregonart
In response to texlady

Love seeing more activity here. I hope we can continue to meet and greet one another fromOregon and share..

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to oregonart

Do we have anyone one for Winston, Roseburg, Sutherlin, Drain or places close. I would like to start up a monthly crop.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Stephanie D

I know several card makers in Jasper, however I don't know anyone that scraps.
Sounds like a good idea. Touch base with your local sb store. Have fun.

texlady
Diva
texlady

Emanuel Childrens Hospital in Portland Oregon is looking for hundreds of cards for kids. If you can help, go to the website below.

http://www.cardcupids.org/get-involved/card-don ation-gu...

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to texlady

I would double check about the Scrap Happens store. I read in the news that there was a little legal problem with the owner. Last weekend I didn't stop by there when driving by, but I did not see the store sign there.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy

I am hoping to throw together a Relay for Life all day scrap fundraiser in the Lebanon area.
Still waiting to hear back from the location to set a date, but looking at March 12th. All the proceeds go to a great cause.

texlady
Diva
texlady

So how does that work?

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to texlady

If I can get the place it will be $15 from like 9 am - 6 pm. All the proceeds will go to Relay for Life. This price would include a lunch, snacks, make n takes and small prizes.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to texlady

Hey all you Oregon scrapbookers!
My Relay for Life team is throwing a fundraiser on March 12th. 9 am - 6 pm all day scrap. $15.00 includes, lunch, snacks, prizes and make n' takes. All proceeds go towards Cancer Research.
Pioneer School Cafeteria, Lebanon, OR
RSVP are required to plan for all the attendees!

texlady
Diva
texlady

I would like to go for that, but already have plans. Let me know if anything else comes up

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to texlady

Scrap Happens moved from their location by Winco further down Lancaster. It's near the IHOP now. Much easier to find.

texlady
Diva
texlady

jci from portland

Edited by texlady on 05-24-11 06:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to texlady

jci

texlady
Diva
texlady

Keep us posted on the scrap meet in lebanon, in case my plans change on me.

amywilhelms
New Kid On the Block
amywilhelms
In response to Stephanie D

I am in Medford and willing to drive

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to amywilhelms

Anyone attending the scrapbook convention at the oregon convention center in Portland, Sept? I believe the dates are the 23 and 24.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to texlady

I did NOT know the convention was in Sept. I thought they were always in the spring -like March?

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Bxr-Linda

Here is the one in Sept.

www.scrapbookexpo.com

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to texlady

Well, that makes sense.

This is not the Creating Keepsakes one.... I think THAT one is in the spring.

New Kid On the Block
In response to amywilhelms

There are a few workshops and crop sessions hosted by a friend of mine. Her name is Cari Baker. She is a creative memories consultant. She hosts in Ashland and Medford. She doesn't push you to buy products at each crop but does love the stuff she represents. She is so knowledgeable and has been able to answer or help me find answers to all my questions. Cari is also a great photographer.

Her next crop will be at Living Oportunities on Valley View Dr. in Medford (use google maps), Mon. Oct. 17 from 5-9 pm

I'm gonna try to make it to that one. Let me know if you'd like to go and I'll keep a chair open for ya!

jamkuhns
Idol
jamkuhns
In response to jems0701

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi ... I am relatively new to the Portland area. Are they many ppl on here from Portland? Where do you go for scrap stuff? What is the low down, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to jamkuhns

I am from Portland. Live in the Irvington Area. Shop at Michaels at Jantzen beach, and Collage on Alberta. Once in a while I go across the river to Vancouver and empty out my wallet at Craftwharehouse.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to texlady

Hey Amanda.
I'm just outside Portland.

As far as shopping, A Joy Forever (on 82nd Avenue in Milwaukie) is a great store. I believe they still have another store in Gresham.
Craft Warehouse in Gresham too.

I believe Craft Warehouse is having a crop til midnight on Jan. 14.

New Kid On the Block

Hi, I'm new here. I've been scrapbooking since 2002 but have never joined a forum about it. I live in Forest Grove, OR and work in Hillsboro.

My current scrapbooking project is my wedding album. My hubby and I have been married for just over 3 years, 12/13/08, but with purchasing a fixer upper house and working full time, it's slow going.

I hope to get lots of inspiration and share with others my humble creations.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to natalie-okw

Welcome Natalie.

My hubby works in Hillsboro too.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Bxr-Linda

Welcome Linda. I live in Irvington, portland, or

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to texlady

I live in Salem, would really love to get out and do a crop just to get some time to spend on it. I have 3 grandkids living with me now age 2,3, 7 and I have hardly no free time anymore. ScrapHappens is by I HOP, I like that they carry stuff for the School pages, got lots for my kids that graduated from North Salem. There is no room to crop there though. So sad when Scrapping fever closed :o( Would love to join some ladies doing a crop close to Salem as my car is tempermental right now.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to tneal40

I'm in Corvallis - would love to meet some other local scrappers. No scrapbook store here - I usually go to Paper Mermaids in Newport when I'm on the coast, though.

hippiemade
New Kid On the Block
hippiemade

Hi, Just signed up here, am form Lapine Oregon!!

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain

Hi fellow Oregonians...

I live in the Medford Area. It would be nice to meet other scrappers in my area.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to dorichatelain

Sad to say Scrap Happens in Salem closed as well as Life's a Scrapbook in Sherwood. Stacy's Scrapshack in Lincoln City is closing in October. So depressing.

I love traditional scrapbooking instead of the digital. Anyone know of any good stores?

queenmychl
Veteran
queenmychl

I don't know of many stores. I do know there are a few up in Long Beach, WA. (visited them during my last retreat) The one in Seaside apparently moved into the house that she rents(ed?). But I don't have much info on that one either.

I can help with any CTMH stuff you might like, if you would like.

I will be hosting a 'local' retreat in the Portland/Vancouver area this fall, if anyone might be interested. I don't have all the details on it yet, but trying to get them finalized.

squzalkitty
Tenant
squzalkitty

i'm from gresham.

queenmychl
Veteran
queenmychl
In response to squzalkitty

Hey ladies! I don't know if any of you would be interested, but I am hosting a Retreat at the Beach the 2nd weekend of March (7-9). Cost is just $200. You get your own bed, all the food, plus 3 classes of crafty goodness! We will be at Rockaway beach. Would love to have you join us!

More info: www.myflightsoffancy.com/retreats

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics