Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: ONTARIO????        (Topic#1370274)
leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to littleMRSimelda

oh no!!!!! maybe you are close to the top

SouthernCreativeBelle
Tenant
SouthernCreativeBelle
In response to leokc34

Hi There,

I'm near the GTA area. Love scrapbooking. Catching up on posts and trying to get some time to scrapbook this weekend.

How do you manage to get the time. There are days I can't scrapbook enough.

SouthernCreativeBelle aka S

Tenant
In response to SouthernCreativeBelle

Hi. I'm actually in Quebec but there don't seem to be many active members on here from Quebec. I am planning to come to Kitchener for the expo going on in April. Anyone else planning to go?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Jmedawn

Hi there, I am new to this. I nearly screamed out loud...finally my peeps lol...I am living Ottawa Ontario but originally from Mississauga nice to meet you all. I hope I am not messing up this post and it posts...lord knows this all new for me lol

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to Jasmineh

Welcome to All!!!!

I'll be at the Kitchener event for sure. I went to th one in Oshawa for the first time back in October and loved it. This time I will be attendign the weekend crop with a friend and taking a class. Can't wait!!!!

Tenant
In response to uruvero

I am pretty new to scrapbooking. Actually my husband says my new hobby should really be called "scrapbook supply purchasing and organizing". Like the time I spent hours rolling ribbons onto little 1 1/2 x 3 ribbon cards. But hey a hobby is a hobby - right? Kitchener will be my first event as well. Looking forward to it. And Kitchener is only a 3 hour drive from here and such a lovely city.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to Debra Murdock

I know what you mean Debra. I've been scrapbook shopping like crazy the past couple months and have yet to sit down and do a page!!!

JoanieCat
Resident
JoanieCat
In response to uruvero

Thunder Bay here! Long cold winters are perfect for hibernating in the playroom and getting creative.

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster
In response to JoanieCat

I am from Toronto. I live in Scarborough. I buy my supplies at the Michaels and Deserres stores in Toronto. A second Michaels store is suppose to be opening in Toronto soon. I've got enough supplies to keep me a kindergarten class busy for two years.

Tenant
In response to JoanieCat

Hi there. I lived in Thunder Bay from the age of about 25 to 29. And boy do I remember the long cold winters. Im sure its changed a lot since then - that was 30 years ago But I did learn to ski!!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

hey everyone - I am in the Hamilton area!
so excited about the expo... i believe that tickets go on sale next month!!!! with everyone in CHA right now and all new spring papers it is a very exciting time. I usually get a couple of hours every night in my scraproom... sometimes to organize or to get inspired and pull out a page or a couple of cards!!! welcome to the newbies let us know if you have any questions

SouthernCreativeBelle
Tenant
SouthernCreativeBelle
In response to scrapbookmonster

• scrapbookmonster Said:
I am from Toronto. I live in Scarborough. I buy my supplies at the Michaels and Deserres stores in Toronto. A second Michaels store is suppose to be opening in Toronto soon. I've got enough supplies to keep me a kindergarten class busy for two years.

Love scrapbooking supplies. I so hear you on that.

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to SouthernCreativeBelle

Southwestern Ontario, here! Between London and Windsor!

@Debra Murdock - I will DEFINITELY be there! Not for the crop...but YES! for the shopping!

Tenant
In response to JazzieLynne

Hi JazzieLynn. Glad to hear I am not the only one going for the shopping and not the crops.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

I am going for shopping!!! but I might try to get in a class or two... it should only take me about an hour to get there... so pumped already

New Kid On the Block
In response to TableScraps

Hi all...

Very new to all of this. I'm actually much more interested in card making than I am in scrapbooking (partially because I don't have much to scrap about and partially because I blog my photography.) But anyway.. LOL

I'm in the west end of Toronto, a short subway ride away from downtown and a quick drive from Mississauga/Oakville. I tend to buy all of my supplies online, from Michaels or from a great store in the Bloor West Village known as Bizzy B.

So great to meet fellow Canadians!

Tenant
In response to malavikat

Hi and welcome. I'm new as well but gets lots of deals from this site. Where do you shop online usually. I like this store but the shipping to Montreal is pretty high.

Debra

Tenant

Yikes. Just realized I typed deals instead of ideas - don't you just love predictive spell-checking

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero

Scrapfest Registration opened up tonight ladies!!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to uruvero

Hiiii. I'm in the York region area. Don't think I'll be going to scrapfest although I will be going to a weekend retreat at the circle square ranch. It'll be my rid retreat. Soooooo excited.

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne

I have started to make my SCRAPFEST SHOPPING LIST!...the countdown is on!

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster
In response to malavikat

• malavikat Said:
Hi all...

Very new to all of this. I'm actually much more interested in card making than I am in scrapbooking (partially because I don't have much to scrap about and partially because I blog my photography.) But anyway.. LOL

I'm in the west end of Toronto, a short subway ride away from downtown and a quick drive from Mississauga/Oakville. I tend to buy all of my supplies online, from Michaels or from a great store in the Bloor West Village known as Bizzy B.

So great to meet fellow Canadians!

Been to Bizzy B many times. Great store. I shop at Michaels at the Wilson & Dufferin location.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

where is the Bizzy B... i will have to check that one out. I have 3 LSS in the area... I think that is pretty good

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to leokc34

It's on Bloor Street West, between Runnymede and High Park. I've never been but I've heard good things about them and they did have a spot in the marketplace at scrapfest. their website is bizzyb.ca

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to uruvero

thanks... off to check them out

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to leokc34

Me too! Gonna convince dh to take a walk downtown ... Going to have to make a surprise walk by. Hehe

domesticanddamned
New Kid On the Block
domesticanddamned

Hi, I'm in Thunder Bay

Tenant
In response to domesticanddamned

Hi there. I used to live in Thunder Bay many MANY years ago. I'm sure it has changed.

domesticanddamned
New Kid On the Block
domesticanddamned

No it hasn't changed much in nearly 40 years.

Tenant
In response to domesticanddamned

I remember the very long winters. But then I learned how to ski and had a snowmobile. So not all bad!

LarasMama
New Kid On the Block
LarasMama

Hi!

I'm new (very new) to scrapbooking. Currently living in Richmond Hill. DH and I will be looking to move soon. I have an almost 5 month old daughter, and really don't have much time to scrap.

After reading that "scraplifting" (oh my! Love this term!) isn't all that uncommon, I won't feel bad doing it (and crediting it properly as well)

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to LarasMama

Hi Lara's mama

My mom also lives in RH and I live in Keswick.
Just got my mom started on scrapping. Where are you looking to move?

LarasMama
New Kid On the Block
LarasMama

Hi, littleMRSimelda! Nice to see a fellow york regioner!

We're looking to move up your way, but thinking more Sutton/Pefferlaw area. I've been looking at a house on mls, day-dreaming my scraproom! lol

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to LarasMama

How totally cool is that?!?!!! We can scrap together!!
My next door neighbour is selling their house. Move there. Hahaha.
My dh's aunt is also selling but she's in cannington

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster
In response to uruvero

Bizzyb is a great store. I've shopped there several times

• uruvero Said:
It's on Bloor Street West, between Runnymede and High Park. I've never been but I've heard good things about them and they did have a spot in the marketplace at scrapfest. their website is bizzyb.ca

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

hey everyone... I am heading downtown Toronto for another conference and I am looking for things to do ... is there any stores close to the Y on Younge and Groveners

FaitheM
Veteran
FaitheM
In response to leokc34

Hi, Im in Thornhill, but i'll be starting teachers college in burlington in the fall and was wondering if there is anyone else in the burlington area? I would love to know about scrapbook stores in the area, classes, crops etc.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to FaitheM

hi Faithe
welcome to the area - there are a couple that i go to - the memory keeper on the Hamilton mountain and forever scrapbooks on plains rd.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to leokc34

Just dropping in to say hi to all my fellow canadians.

Scrapfest In Oshawa is upcoming..anyone have plans of going?

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to uruvero

i was hoping to go - trying to get my bathroom finished first... fingers crossed i will get there

a_hodgins
Resident
a_hodgins
In response to Jmedawn

Hey ladies I'm in the Ottawa area just stopped in to say hello

Edited by a_hodgins on 03-30-13 01:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to a_hodgins

Hello everyone ! Finally some fellow ontarians ! I'm from Hamilton

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to 4getmeNot

me too... are you on the mountain??

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to leokc34

Anyone in the sault area?

a_hodgins
Resident
a_hodgins
In response to Jmedawn

Hello ladies
Most people here are in the US .
However I'm along the st.lawrance seaway south of Ottawa and I'm here I'm a craft collector and card maker love working on swaps shipping too the states can be fun at times would love to see more Canadians here or a Canadian site just like this one Oh well enough venting haha

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to a_hodgins

Hi Andrea... I agree it would be nice to see more Canadians on here

New Kid On the Block
In response to Jmedawn

Hello....I live in London,ON, originally from Pennsylvania. I've put my knitting needles in storage and been scrapping for a couple of weeks. I have a lifetime of pics to go through (I should live so long)!!

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to harley0627

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share an upcoming crop in London, ON in October. It is on October 5th from 9am to 9 pm and cost is $40.00. Cost includes light breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For more details please email me at [email protected] or check out the Crop for College tab on my blog at crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Brandi

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to crzy4scrapbooking

Wow this thread is quiet, hopefully that means everyone is scrapbooking and not playing online.

Would love to meet up with some scrappers in the Southwest Ontario area...I am in London.

Brandi

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

i love crops... maybe we can meet up - i did met up with imelda who is on her as well... i wish i could meet more that have the same interests
i will check out the crop in london - I am in Hamilton

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to leokc34

Leokc34 - I would be game on meeting up in Hamilton at the Memory Keeper if they have crop times or days. I love that store and do not get there nearly enough since it is a bit of hike for me but for a crop day I would make the trek willingly. PM me if your interested in setting something up and we can see if others would like to join us too!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

crzy4scrap... excellent idea. they have changed their hours... but i would love to meet up with you... there is also a place in brantford. i forget the name and havne't been there but that might be closer for you

LynneJ
LynneJ 
Queen
LynneJ
In response to leokc34

Hi! I'm in Kingsville, ON-about 2 hours from London...nice to see some other Ontarians around! My scrapping friend and I are hoping to do a road trip to the Niagara area some time this month; any suggestions for good scrap stores out that way?? Thanks!

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to LynneJ

I would love to meet up with anyone and everyone interested. I know of the store in Hamilton, not familiar with the one in Brantford, but always interested in learning about new ones. I do know of a couple of others...Two Scrapbook Friends in Waterloo and All about scrapbooks in Woodstock. There was one in Cambridge too but I forgot the name of it and have not been there in 5 years so with the state of the economy it may not even be there anymore. My September and October are super busy but would be interested for November or later...

Brandi

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

Excellent November would work for me as well. Lynne there is a good store in Hamilton. I don't know about Niagara I go there all the time but never been or looked for a scrappy store.

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to leokc34

November 23rd or 30th would work for me, of course we would need to make sure they are not having a crop or anything that would preclude us from meeting there that day but once we find a date we can go from there and make sure the store is open and available to us.

LynneJ
LynneJ 
Queen
LynneJ
In response to leokc34

Thanks-we'll check out the one in Hamilton; we're going this week! I've never driven up that way before so I'm just going to spend some time with Google map before we go!! I'm going to see if there's anything in London too.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

• crzy4scrapbooking Said:
November 23rd or 30th would work for me, of course we would need to make sure they are not having a crop or anything that would preclude us from meeting there that day but once we find a date we can go from there and make sure the store is open and available to us.

that would be great... i have a coupon that i can use for the back room and if anyone wants to join us from the area!! the more the merrier there is a pizza place beside it for snacks

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to LynneJ

• LynneJ Said:
Thanks-we'll check out the one in Hamilton; we're going this week! I've never driven up that way before so I'm just going to spend some time with Google map before we go!! I'm going to see if there's anything in London too.

keep us updated as to what you find out there

there was a good on in Burlington but they close

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to leokc34

Hi ladies. So much has happened since I last checked in here. I stopped cuz all I saw we're my own posts!!! Lol

Anyone going to crop 4 the cure in January? I am!!!!! So excited

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

Hey Imelda Nice to hear that your going!!! You know I will be there. Is your mom and sister coming again?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to leokc34

Kimberly- they are!!!! And my younger sister - the original scrapper of the bunch is also coming this time!!

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking

When and where is crop for a cure? Is there a website I could check out? I am in Southwest Ontario but depending on how long of a crop it is, I am willing to travel...lol

Brandi

LynneJ
LynneJ 
Queen
LynneJ
In response to leokc34

We tried to stop at the store in London and they had just happened to close early that day (a Tues), and the day we were coming back(Thurs) was their normal day to close, so we didn't see that one. The store in Hamilton was great though; they had a lot of dies and some great paper lines our local small store hadn't gotten in. We didn't end up making it to any other ones though.

LynneJ
LynneJ 
Queen
LynneJ

hi! My son goes to Western; we live in Kingsville 2 hours away but go visit him in London once in a while...tried to hit the scrap store in London when my friend and I passed through in mid Sept but caught them when they were closed. Is there just the one store there?

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to LynneJ

not sure about the London stores? I haven't visited any out that way...
the crop for the cure web site http://www.crop4thecure.webs.com/

lots of fun for 22hr - scrapping all night long!!

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to leokc34

There are a couple of stores here in London:

Scrapbooking Great Deals (actually in Kilworth about 30 minutes from Western U but worth the drive in my opinion). They do have a website and their hours are consistent, they do not close early as far as I know. http://www.scrappingreatdeals.com

Stamp Art on Hamilton Road is awesome too. They are more geared towards stamps and card making but do have a small selection of papers and tools. http://www.stampart.ca

Memories on Main is good, I do not get there often but the few times I have been there the selection is good and she seems to have very consistent hours. http://www.memoriesonmainst.ca

Scrapbook Memories
Very small selection of products. While she is the closest to me personally, I prefer the others listed. Owners are very nice I just do not feel they have enough to justify a drive over there, if I am already in the area and have the time I will stop in, but it is not a destination of choice.

Those are the brick and mortar stores that I know of in London and I have been living here a few years now and I am always looking!

Brandi

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking

Thanks for the information on Crop for the Cure in January I am hoping to go, trying to get some friends to come with me!

Brandi

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

It's so much fun!!!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

i love it... Brandi if you want to come and you have no one to sit with let me know once you register and i will sit with you

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to leokc34

Hi Kimberly and Brandi...

I might try and do the Crop for the Cure too. I went to the website but 2014 details seem to not be up yet. I have a girlfriend who I know would love to be there. She's a dedicated scrapper and she lost her Mom to cancer a few years ago.

Nicole

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Magpie1

that would be amazing!! i love meeting people from here... always nice to know there is a bunch of other crazy scrappers out there

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to leokc34

• leokc34 Said:

that would be great... i have a coupon that i can use for the back room and if anyone wants to join us from the area!! the more the merrier there is a pizza place beside it for snacks

Are you talking about Memory Keeper? Do they charge for use of their back room? Which date works best for you the 23rd or 30th? I would love to meet other scrappers in the area and I do not mind driving. Let me know. You can also PM me or email me at [email protected] Anyone who wants to get together, feel free to PM or email me!

Brandi

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to Magpie1

• Magpie1 Said:
Hi Kimberly and Brandi...

I might try and do the Crop for the Cure too. I went to the website but 2014 details seem to not be up yet. I have a girlfriend who I know would love to be there. She's a dedicated scrapper and she lost her Mom to cancer a few years ago.

Nicole

If you check out the registration form, it has a lot of the necessary information on it. I am planning on attending, super excited!

Brandi

LynneJ
LynneJ 
Queen
LynneJ

thanks for the info on the London stores-it was Scrapbook Memories we stopped at and it didn't look like there was a whole lot from what we could see in the window-will try to check the others out when I'm out there again!

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to LynneJ

• LynneJ Said:
thanks for the info on the London stores-it was Scrapbook Memories we stopped at and it didn't look like there was a whole lot from what we could see in the window-will try to check the others out when I'm out there again!

I hope it helps! The other stores are awesome, and while the owner of Scrapbook Memories is very nice, their selection is not that large.

Brandi

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

• leokc34 Said:

Are you talking about Memory Keeper? Do they charge for use of their back room? Which date works best for you the 23rd or 30th? I would love to meet other scrappers in the area and I do not mind driving. Let me know. You can also PM me or email me at [email protected] Anyone who wants to get together, feel free to PM or email me!

Brandi

I will check to see if either of those dates are available at the memory keeper. It would be nice to get a bunch of us together. Normally the do charge but my daughter bought me coupons for Christmas and there is one for rental of the back room

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom
In response to leokc34

Hey guys--anyone in the GTA?

I am having a scrapbooking fundraiser for a new charity, The Memory Loss Foundation. I work in the emergency department with seniors and see families in crisis everyday trying to take care of their loved ones with dementia. It is a 24/7 job, and many families cannot afford private care. The Memory Loss Foundation provides subsidized care for families, training for caregivers, as well as grants for research into this terrible disease. Since we scrapbook our memories, and memory loss is the hallmark of dementia, I thought a fundraising crop would be a good fit!

Tickets are first come, first serve basis. Your crop fee of $55 inludes lunch, dinner and loot bag. Yes there will be cupcakes There will be a garage sale table, bake sale table and raffle prizes!

Here are the details:

Scrapbooking Fundraiser!
Proceeds donated to The Memory Loss Foundation

Saturday January 18th, 2014
9 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Woodbridge Memorial Arena & Pool
5020 Highway #7 (at Islington)
Woodbridge, Ontario

Cost $55.00 per person

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to nadiasmom

I can share the word with some friends of mine. Not sure I can make that one but please keep me informed of any others. Is there any email or phone if anyone is interested in attending so that they can get in touch with you for payment?

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom

Oh sorry--my life is crazy busy. My email is [email protected]

We are sold out for the crop! If you email me your contact info I can let you know about other fundraisers...

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to nadiasmom

anyone know of some good crops going on? I know crop for the cure in january... but is there more.

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking
In response to leokc34

check out Crop across Canada, they have several posted there. I know of some coming up in the London/St. Thomas area, if you want information shoot me an email as I am not on here as much as I would like to be…3 young kids. My email is crzy4scrapbooking at yahoo dot come (sorry, do not want to get spammed!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

can't wait for crop4thecure this weekend!! who is going for sure?
i know me and kimberly are!! yay!

LynneJ
LynneJ 
Queen
LynneJ

I'm hosting a fundraiser crop in Kingsville Ontario on Sat Feb 8th from 11-5. Kingsville is about 2 hrs west of London off the 401, half an hour before Windsor. I'm raising money to support an animal shelter that cares for abandoned and injured baby squirrels-$10 and lunch will be served...pm me on here if you're interested...have a great day!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to LynneJ

i'll be at a crop in grand bend in march. there are quite a few in the spring posted on crop across canada but not much in the summer. then they seem to start up again in the fall.

Kamie
Kamie 
New Kid On the Block
Kamie
  • Kamie on 06-27-14 05:40 PM

Checking in, new to the board. London!

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to leokc34

Checking in with all the Ontario ladies again, it's been awhile since I've been on the forums. Any crop events that anyone knows about in the Fall (2014)?

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Magpie1

ooh I just looked it up - there will be a cropfest in Cambridge in November, and a scrapfest in Richmond hill too..

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics