Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: What program do you use?        (Topic#1373705)
MagsGraphics
New Kid On the Block
MagsGraphics
In response to PixieMegh

I use PSP9 at the moment!

pinktoque
Resident
pinktoque
In response to craft kid

I use (and love) My Memories Suite
http://www.mymemoriessuite.com

I'd love to learn how to design my own papers/embellishments/kit s -- the great thing about My Memories Suite is that all of the files it uses are .jpg or .png, so when I find great freebies out there I can easily add them to my program's directory and use them right away within the software, which I am comfortable with now. Some of those scrapbooking programs out there use their own unique file names and types so you can't think "outside the box" and add more stuff unless you buy/use their products only. I feel like once I learn how to make my own templates and image packs for paper and embellishments, I will be limitless with My Memories Suite So easy to use. I've just recently ordered my first photobook from them, so I'll let you know how it turned out

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to [email protected]

I use PhotoShop CS3

palapai2006
Veteran
palapai2006
In response to PixieMegh

I use Memory Mixer and LiveQuarts
I've also used PSE.

Happy Scrappin Phyllis

monavisa
New Kid On the Block
monavisa
In response to PixieMegh

Great survey!

I use GIMP version 2.4.6. Bought a CD on EBAY for less then $10. I knew it was free but I wanted the convenience of a CD that comes with online help, manual and animation package (GAP).

Mona

kollaosk
Resident
kollaosk
In response to PixieMegh

I only got to know scraping and digiscraping last februar but I use Arcsoft sinse i got that program with my camera and have used it for editing photos and making banners

New Kid On the Block
In response to kollaosk

I use Creative Memories Memory Manager and StoryBook Creator PLUS. Check it out on my website.Both products are very reasonably priced and super user friendly. They were created by MOMS for MOMS.
www.mycmsite.com/cathygertner

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to momgertner

I was using Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 3, but have recently started using cs3 instead.

MommyK
MommyK 
Guru
MommyK
In response to craft kid

I use Paintshop Pro X. Is this thread still being editted on the first page? I have a couple of questions for someone that knows how to use templates and brushes in pspx. Thanks

IlllinoisGranny
Resident
IlllinoisGranny
In response to MommyK

I used CK Scrapbook Designer, Vol 3

Is there a difference in CK's Supreme and Vol 3?

angelladixon
Tenant
angelladixon
In response to PixieMegh

I Use Luamapix Fotofusion V4

Roxapit
Veteran
Roxapit
In response to PixieMegh

Paint Shop Pro X2

PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 10-15-08 03:56 PM
In response to Roxapit

Hi I just started fooling around with digital stuff. I have PSP 7 and work with that. Is there any site you can load your pages on and then have them printed in a 12x12 format and sent you you so you can put them in a scrapbook?

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to PatiB

I have been using Paint Shop Pro X

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44
In response to PixieMegh

I am advanced in PSP from version 8 on up to the present one which PSP X2, PS Elements 6.0 PSP Animation Shop

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to [email protected]

I use Photoshop Elements 5 on my laptop and PSE 6 on my desktop -- love them both, now that I've finally learned how to use them !

-- kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to PatiB

• PatiB Said:
Hi I just started fooling around with digital stuff. I have PSP 7 and work with that. Is there any site you can load your pages on and then have them printed in a 12x12 format and sent you you so you can put them in a scrapbook?

I order mine online at Costco.com. Great quality, very reasonable prices and they're ready within two hours after ordering.

Prices -

12x12 - $2.99
8x8 - $1.49
6x6 - $.75 - if you place four 6x6 LOs onto a 12x12 document
Not sure of their price for 8.5x11 as I haven't printed any of that size, yet.

-- kimB

Edited by kimBinAK on 10-30-08 11:09 PM. Reason for edit: typo

New Kid On the Block
In response to kimBinAK

I've used nearly every version starting at version 4. Now I use CS3.

I can do nearly everything I need to do with Elements 2. The basics are all there and it's only about $20 on eBay.

GIMP is fine too.

oysterflowers
New Kid On the Block
oysterflowers
In response to PixieMegh

I use Photoshop CS2 and I used it to make tear bears in .png format. They almost look like the real thing! You can download them for free, just for personal use only. http://www.oysterflowers.com/ Oysterflowers

MommyK
MommyK 
Guru
MommyK
In response to kimBinAK

Do you get pages printed on both sides?

New Kid On the Block
In response to MommyK

CropMom (http://www.cropmom.com), the online digital scrapbooking site!

sodapopsweetie
New Kid On the Block
sodapopsweetie
In response to PixieMegh

Great idea! For me it is a little tricky as I have tried and used just about every software for both pc and mac's out there. Since getting my new mac I have switched from Paint Shop Pro X2, Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 & 6, Memory Mixer 2, & ACDSEE (i so miss the organizer) to using solely Photoshop CS4. I have the option to use Memory Mixer 2 still but Photoshop quality is far better with output and given I am a scrap addicted shopper I like being able to choose each individual piece I use. So I guess put me down for Adobe Photoshop CS4 & Adobe Bridge as my organizer of materials. One good thing I love about having a mac is being able to turn each individual folder icon to the actual thumbnail view. So in other words, I change each scrap kit I get into the actual preview so I know what products is in each folder without the need of opening. This method has saved me quite a few bucks on not rebuying something i own or simply for an element that catches my attn I may ave bought 10 times before already, lol.

PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 01-03-09 11:46 AM
In response to MommyK

Hey I just started doing this use PSP 9 and 7 for my few pages. I love it downloaded some nice free stuff from Shabby site. thanks for all the info.

SnowBaby
By PatiB

New Kid On the Block
In response to PatiB

A new tool a colleague mentioned to me other day was Mixbook.com

Checked it out and played with the site for awhile to get a feel for it. First of all it is free and there is no download required. Has plenty of features that many of these other tools require you to download. Plus it has many other features a lot of the top competitors don't. I advise you guys to check it out if you have extra time and let me know what your impressions are.

I personally been using shutterfly but I am going to switch to Mixbook. Easier to use, tons of features and the book pricing is the lowest I have seen.

New Kid On the Block
In response to PixieMegh

I Use "Sure Cuts A Lot" is an easy to use software to cut your True Type fonts and various shapes on your Cricut Machine. "No special cartridges" required. Works with your installed True Type fonts on your computer or vector image. Available for Windows and Macintosh.
One Cartridge cost 60$ and my SCAL 75$ and you can use million of image...no have limit.

http://www.craftedge.com/products/products.php?rfid=382...

suepup
suepup 
Diva
suepup
In response to PixieMegh

Thank you so much! This is a great help. I am new to digi-I have been strictly a paper scrapper,but love the digi LO! Thanks again, as I begin my journey!

DLS Designs
Tenant
DLS Designs
In response to PixieMegh

Great idea. I use Gimp and Scrapook Flair. I also have Photoshop 7.0, but haven't used it in any scrapbooking yet since I am on vacation. I only have my laptop with me. Photoshop is on my big desktop at home.

New Kid On the Block
In response to DLS Designs

• DLS Designs Said:
Great idea. I use Gimp and Scrapook Flair. I also have Photoshop 7.0, but haven't used it in any scrapbooking yet since I am on vacation. I only have my laptop with me. Photoshop is on my big desktop at home.

I am thinking of purchasing PSE7 to delve into digital scrapbooking ... just curious if you have started using it yet?

Are there any others out there using PSE7, specifically with vista?

Thanks!

scrap2this
New Kid On the Block
scrap2this
In response to PixieMegh

Great Idea!
I am on Elements (mac)
and CS for quick action changes!
Do most of these other programs require membership fee's?
Also, I run a digi scrapbook printing co. & was wondering if I were to use another program, can I export & print a high res JPEG? I get this question at least once a day!

Norman
Norman 
New Kid On the Block
Norman
In response to Sheila D

Hi everyone....

This is my first post on the Forum. In reply to the question, I use Lumapix Fotofusion for Digi- scrapbooking, but for image editing/ manipulation I use Adobe Elements 6.

I also love use P2Exe and Proshow Producer 4 producing slideshows of the 'scrap' creations.

Regards... Boonsen

mezmerized
New Kid On the Block
mezmerized
In response to PixieMegh

Wow, where have i been. I just started looking into digital scrapbooking and i am loving it. I was feeling a little lost as to what software to use. Thanks for the insight!

Elizabeth McKee
Veteran
Elizabeth McKee
In response to MM Custom Creations

I used Lumapix Fotofusion - Scrapbook Essentials.

jennyades
Resident
jennyades
In response to PixieMegh

i use PSCS3 most
- PSE5-PSP 8-9 i have used in the past

ptk4now
New Kid On the Block
ptk4now
In response to PixieMegh

Hello,

I use Memory Manager and Storybook Creator Plus 3!! This is brand new and awesome!

Holly

Tayrina BCStudio
Veteran
Tayrina BCStudio
In response to PixieMegh

I'm using PSE 7, I started using the 30day Trial of this program and learned pretty fast. Now I fall in love with it, and bought it for myself. Its easy, simple and have good features.

MoNrOe
MoNrOe 
Resident
MoNrOe
In response to Tayrina BCStudio

I use CS4 now.

mfhurst
Expert
mfhurst
In response to MoNrOe

I have noticed that alot of ya'll use the older version of PSE (3,4, or 5), few are using the newer version, is there a reason?

I have PS CS2, but it is just to much for scrapbooking, thinking about using LumaPix Fotofusion Scrapbook edition or do I need to go with the enhanced, any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by mfhurst on 09-04-09 11:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to mfhurst

Hi Martha

I use the enhanced version. The only time I use Photoshop is for editing flaws or altering photos. My daughter (FLteacher) uses the Essential edition. I don't think she has ever felt restricted but I know there are a few things that mine does that hers does not. I'm sure you will love either. If I can help you in any way, let me know.

• mfhurst Said:
I have noticed that alot of ya'll use the older version of PSE (3,4, or 5), few are using the newer version, is there a reason?

I have PS CS2, but it is just to much for scrapbooking, thinking about using LumaPix Fotofusion Scrapbook edition or do I need to go with the enhanced, any advice would be appreciated.

joy0u0
joy0u0 
New Kid On the Block
joy0u0
In response to LindaC

Hi,

I'm new here, and to answer the question, I use FlipAlbum to create my digital scrapbook photo album and PhotoShop to enhance my photos/images.

FlipAlbum helps me create digital scrapbooks that look and feel exactly like my paper scrapbooks, and the pages flip just like the real thing! It also comes with free themes and borders to jump-start my scrapbook creation. It's my personal favorite software.

It's worth trying. A free trial copy is available for download at www.flipbookguru.com

FairytaleStudioScraps
Veteran
FairytaleStudioScraps
In response to joy0u0

I currently use Photoshop CS3 and I LOVE it!

New Kid On the Block
In response to FairytaleStudioScraps

Great thread.

I use Photoshop Elements

AND

Scrapblog - Am I the only one?

New Kid On the Block
In response to macmermaid

Hi! I am using Digital Scrapbook Artist.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Merek

I use MemoryMixer v3
Products Referenced in This Post:

soflatracy
New Kid On the Block
soflatracy
In response to PixieMegh

Hi, I am a newbie. I use both Photoshop 7 and Photoshop CS3.

familiesr4ever2
New Kid On the Block
familiesr4ever2
In response to soflatracy

I like the new digital studio from Stampin UP. I'd add a photo of my work here If I new how.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to PixieMegh

i use fotofusion!

Becka382
Tenant
Becka382
In response to PixieMegh

I use Jasc Paintshop Pro and Gimp...Allthough Im a beginner and dont know to much about them yet.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Becka382

Illustrator and Photoshop

Colombean
Guru
Colombean
In response to PixieMegh

this is a bit out dated. but I would love to start digital and I have no idea what or where to start. I just started practicing with foto fusion. but do I have to purchase a program in order to continue? and if so, what is the cheapest one toplay with? I really like using paper, but I think it would be fun.

Tenant
In response to Colombean

i actually use a lot of softwares for image editing, but there are a few that i like the most,
all time fav - photoshop, and jasc paint shop pro.

but as i have realized, you can touch up an image, to make a good image look better, but you can't make a bad pic look good, no matter how you try.

hdhouse26
New Kid On the Block
hdhouse26
In response to BloodDiamond

I only use this online software at www.legaciesbyheather.com. There is no software to download and it's so simple. The end product looks SO professional. I won't use anything else!

Colombean
Guru
Colombean
In response to hdhouse26

thank you for your replies!

goscrapless!
New Kid On the Block
goscrapless!
In response to Colombean

I use Heritage Makers (www.goscrapless.com)there is no software to download, you can create a FREE account and pay nothing until you 'publish' what you create. (hope it's okay to publish this...a few posts before me someone posted something like this...not trying to make waves!)

New Kid On the Block
In response to PixieMegh

Just starting this week - Creative Memories Storybook Creator 3.0.

Gail

Jan_Tink
Resident
Jan_Tink
In response to computergal

I'm another person who uses My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up! I've got Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 for anything I can't do in MDS.

laceyb
laceyb 
New Kid On the Block
laceyb
In response to Jan_Tink

When using my mac I use Graphic Converter, Image Well, Intaglio, Art Text2, Logo Creator and Pixlemator.

While I rarely use my Windows PC these days, when I do it's an older version of Photo Shop.

New Kid On the Block
In response to laceyb

I do use Adobe photo shop CS4 to do my color spot. But when I go to do the eyes, it wont work. It dosen't change their color.

Patty Goodling
New Kid On the Block
Patty Goodling
In response to gabrielnoah

I use Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 out of the UK. I used to use Adobe Photoshop Element 7 but got so tired of it crashing! DSA2 is awesome & does just about everything the Photoshop CS Programs does & is only $49.99 with a 30 day free trial.

Creatively Carol
New Kid On the Block
Creatively Carol
In response to PixieMegh

I love to play with Close to my Heart's Studio J. I can use it for free, decide what I want to do, then either print it, or use it as a guide to do my traditional scrapbooking in!

Since this post was started so long ago, I wanted to share it, since it is fairly new.

czc102 
New Kid On the Block
In response to computergal

Gail,
I've made several of the 8x8 softbound books with Creative Memories Storybook 3 and they are beautiful. How do you like the program so far.
Carol (I'm new here)

Edited by czc102 on 08-12-10 09:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cmnana 
Tenant
In response to czc102

I use Storybook Creator Plus! Love it!

debbyanna
New Kid On the Block
debbyanna
In response to cmnana

I used ACDsee Photo Editor.. love the program and it's friendly user for me as a beginner..

Looking For Scrapbooking

Edited by debbyanna on 09-24-10 03:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bookit
bookit 
Tenant
bookit
In response to PixieMegh

I use Photoshop Elements 7 and love it!! I would be glad to help answer any questions about it.

organized scrapper
Resident
organized scrapper
In response to PixieMegh

Does anyone use My Memories Suite 2.0? I am looking to get a new program, I have been using Scrapbook Max. It is rated as one of the highest. Just wanted to pick someone's brain!

New Kid On the Block
In response to organized scrapper

I use SBC 3.0 I love it!!

Ksyu
Ksyu 
New Kid On the Block
Ksyu
  • Ksyu on 02-08-11 08:43 AM
In response to scrappyladyb

I think there is no better program than Photoshop, TwistedBrush Pro Studio, Pattern Studio.

Ksyu
Ksyu 
New Kid On the Block
Ksyu
  • Ksyu on 02-08-11 08:45 AM
In response to Ksyu

I especially love TwistedBrush Pro Studio. This program lets you create any kind of mandalas, patterns, as well as fur, trees and grass.

New Kid On the Block
In response to PixieMegh

I use Creative Memories StoryBook. I have never scrapped before and jumped in with digital. It is easy to learn.

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to peaches41

There are so many programs to buy. I would like to have a software that is able to take out one element from the picture and put it in a different background ..and make an invitation with that new design

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Ilka79

• Ilka79 Said:
There are so many programs to buy. I would like to have a software that is able to take out one element from the picture and put it in a different background

That can be done in PSE and probably others too

New Kid On the Block
In response to Andrew27

I use ACDsee Photo Editor.

New Kid On the Block
In response to PixieMegh

Thanks for nice sharing and i am also use the photoshop for making and desining the picture.

scrappyjackson
Veteran
scrappyjackson
In response to Johnwalton

great source! I'll check those options out.... so far I use MS Publisher. I mostly use it as a drafting tool for physical LOs though rather than to create a finished design. I find it VERY helpful in creating the floorplan and deciding on sizes for lettering, matting, etc.

digitaldesigner
Tenant
digitaldesigner
In response to PixieMegh

I currently use Storybook Creator Plus and Memory Manager 3.0 - both excellent programs! Together they make formidable suite that handles your storage/back-up needs, allows for every level of photo editing from simple to complex - and all of your creativity/design functionality. Fantastic - NEVER been happier with a design suite! anyone who has questions about these programs is welcome to contact me - Doree

digitaldesigner
Tenant
digitaldesigner
In response to organized scrapper

Hi Mandie,

I love your funny icons! I highly recommend Storybook Creator Plus and Memory Manager 3.0....
Together they are the ultimate creativity suite -- and very affordable, to boot. You can test drive them (with some limitations) for free, but once you get into them, there is NO looking for another new program. Contact me if I can answer any questions! Doree

ScrapitDigi
Idol
ScrapitDigi
In response to czc102

I have used Storybook Creator by Creative Memories for 1.5 years.

But now use Artisan by Panstoria, it is like Storybook on steriods. The are created by the same parent company Panstoria so they have pretty much the same look and feel. But Artisan is much cheaper, you can print your books anyplace like Shutterfly or Snapfish and best of all you can use all of the digital content from the Creative Memories line.

http://www.panstoria.com

More information -> http://www.youtube.com/panstoria

It is a point and click software program. I have tons on freebies and instructions on my blog for both programs.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ScrapitDigi

I have always steered away from digital because I find Photoshop too long to learn for what I want (kinda like using the manual settings regularly on my camera).

My friend is a new demonstrator for SU and she tried out their MDS (My Digital Studios) and made a coffee table style book of her trip to the Grand Canyon in a week - 36 pages! She showed me around in 15 mins how she got it. I ordered it, got it and last night in honestly probably 40 mins tops I did 2 8 min tutorials online and then I created my very first page! I loved it so if you are starting out and new and want to try the feel of digital I would recommend this.

Kylagirl
Guru
Kylagirl
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I have been using the Memory Mixer 2 and love it...Upgraded to the 3 and will will be playing with it soon. I do have the Photoshop CS5 but haven't quite comprehended it all yet. my dh did get the Photoshop Elements 9 for me last week and It seems easier to learn.....One step at a time:)

NCMom 
New Kid On the Block
  • NCMom on 07-24-11 06:03 AM
In response to Kylagirl

Photoshop CS4!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to NCMom

I just got Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3... It also came with KPT - Collection plug ins to create dramatic image effects and Corel Painter Essentials 4 This turns photos into paintings... I have never done digital before, so This may take a while to complete a first lo...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 07-25-11 01:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

emmasmommy0728
Expert
emmasmommy0728
In response to debby_westbrook

I use Photoshop CS5

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to emmasmommy0728

I use Storybook Creator Plus 3.0

dbarrow64
Tenant
dbarrow64
In response to PixieMegh

I have just started using Serif, I am so new to this used to just make cards, but i love to mix digital with papers and embellishments

MissMint
Resident
MissMint
In response to papermuse

I'm a Mac user - on PSCS3!!

eshascreations
Tenant
eshascreations
In response to Emindemann

I use paint.net.

timetocreate
New Kid On the Block
timetocreate
In response to PixieMegh

I use craft artist compact. (:

LHermsenMoulton
Tenant
LHermsenMoulton
In response to PixieMegh

Corel Paint Shop Pro X2

New Kid On the Block
In response to PixieMegh

Hi. New to the board, hoping to jump on and learn and share.

I use Photoshop and Corel Draw.
My mom loves Memory Mixer.

JB
http://www.brown-donkeydesigns.com/

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to czc102

Creative Memories Storybook 4.0

Kylagirl
Guru
Kylagirl
In response to jlobrown

I also love Memory Mixer and have so many of the Gotta Pixel files that I use with it!!

tchk 
Tenant
  • tchk on 04-27-12 04:51 PM
In response to Kylagirl

Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus v4 and My Memories Suite. Each better for certain things so I use both.

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4
In response to tchk

I use Photoshop Elements

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to PixieMegh

I use Serif Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 and L O V E it. This topic is such a great idea.

Silver Lining Reflections
New Kid On the Block
Silver Lining Reflections
In response to ncborn

I use both Photo Shop Elements 7 and LumaPix FotoFusion 4.5

I love them both. They take a little getting used to but Love It!!

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to Silver Lining Reflections

Photoshop CS4 is what I use.

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to KeepMii

I use Creative Memories Storybook 4.0 but, also use Photoshop 9.0 also.

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to ScrappinHusker

I now use Craft Artist 2 and now also have Photoshop Elements 10. I love them both and constantly learning new things which I love too!

Nani17 
New Kid On the Block
In response to ncborn

I'm a relative lurker and relatively new here, but I've been digi-scrapping since 2007.

I use Photoshop CS5 for Windows now, but I've used Photoshop 3.0 and 5.0 (Antique PS now) and Photoshop CS for Mac as well as Photoshop Elements 3 and 7 for Windows.

veronicaskisses
Resident
veronicaskisses
In response to PixieMegh

This is very informative but also very overwhelming. I would like to try didgital scrapbooking but I cannot decide which program to use. I do not want to purchasing a program and then realize that will not work for me. Does anyone have a suggestion. I notices someone posted that there are some free trial programs. Can someone suggest one for me that is not too expensive if I try it and then want to buy it.

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to veronicaskisses

Here is a free version of Craft Artist http://www.serif.com/digital-scrapbooking/ and the price if you decide to purchase the full version depends on where and when but I believe you can purchase for $30 - $50 and Photoshop Elements 10 has a trial version and to purchase is around $80 - $100. Just do a Google search. There is also a new version. Hope this helps you.

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics