Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: KENTUCKY!!!        (Topic#1374518)
TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to scraper000

I know where Hodgenville is. I went to college at Campbellsville and would go shopping in E-town so I would drive by there.

Tammie

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

How cool is that? I know where Campbellsville is too,
we have some really good friends that live down there. I am there quite a bit. Also, When I was a teenager(long ago), My friends and I would cruise Main Street EVERY WEEKEND!!!LOL

Tina

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

I lived there from 1987-1993. I was cruising Main Street too! There used to be a pool hall upstairs of one of the buildings on Main. We'd go up there until all hours shooting pool and playing cards. How cool!

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

This is too crazy. That was the exact same time that I was cruising Main St. Do you remember the church across from the college? My FIL built that Church.

Tina

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

That is wild. Are you talking about the big baptist church? That's where we had our graduation ceremonies. I work for a company in Hopkinsville that has a plant in C-ville so I get to go there a few times a year. It has changed so much! The college has built so many new buildings.

mamapajama
Mayor
mamapajama
In response to TammieV

Hello fellow Kys!!

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

That is the church I am talking about. The next time you come to Campbellsville we should hook up. Maybe we could have a scrapbooking day

Tina

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to mamapajama

Hello> How are you?

Tina

mamapajama
Mayor
mamapajama

How are you all doing tonight???

Im great I tell ya Im jsut great!!

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

I'm good! Where are you at in Kentucky?

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

A scrapbooking day sounds great. I'll let you know when I'm coming over there. It should be by the end of January.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000

I doing great too!!

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

Great!! Just let me know

Tina

Bobbie B
New Kid On the Block
Bobbie B
In response to Niner Chix

Hello there! I am in the Lexington area, just moved here in November. Lasting Lagacy is right around the corner from where I live. Are there any other good stores in this town?

scrapbookfiesta
Guru
scrapbookfiesta
In response to Bobbie B

Hey Girls I am in Richmond like 25 min away from Lex. I like to go shop in Lasting legacy and sometimes they have crop nights. Then thing is that I do not have any other friend to go with ! My roomate likes to scrapbook so we are looking to have some scrapbook friends in the area.

Is it true that we are getting a hobby lobby in Lex????

mamapajama
Mayor
mamapajama
In response to scrapbookfiesta

Im in Fleming County!!!!! LOL

kyteecher
New Kid On the Block
kyteecher

Hello there! I live in Lee County, Kentucky (Beattyville). That's about an hour from London or Hazard and an hour and a half from Lexington. I noticed the posts about Hobby Lobby. I recently emailed the company to ask about the new store.

They told me that the new Hobby Lobby will be in Nicholasville and will open sometime in 2007. They couldn't tell me much more than that.

Glad to hear there are so many KY scrappers! I was beginning to think we were a "rare" breed.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to kyteecher

Welcome to the site! I'm way on the other side of the state in Hopkinsville!

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to kyteecher

I am in Hodgenville. But I know exactly where
LExington is. Welcome to the site.

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Hi all, I've been away for a little while.
Gotta love it when life throws you a curve ball, huh?
I hope you all have been great.

I don't know about you but I am ready for Spring and warmer weather. I am happy we didn't get the snow and ice they called for over this past weekend. How about ya'll on the eastern side? I haven't watched the news in several days and haven't heard.

Talk to ya again soon.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

I was expecting it to do something the past few days but nothing but cold air...I hate cold weather.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

Hey girl!! I had wondered where you had been? No snow for us either. Are you still planning your trip?

Tina

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

I am still planning my trip but it may be the first of February. I've got a meeting in Detroit tomorrow and we are going to decide our schedule. So I'll let you know this week. I hope we can scrap while I'm there!!!

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

Sounds great, let me know. Have a safe trip to Detroit.

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

I am just fine and dandy with no snow. Living in Michigan for 10 yrs gave me enough of the mess to last me a life time. If it were up to me I would hybernate through the cold months. BRRRRRRR!!!! I'm a big baby when its cold. LOL. I guess thats why our heat bill is always so high.

Have a great day ya'll. Talk to you soon.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

I could do without the snow too! My husband is from Michigan so he's used to it. My house can never be too warm. Our heat bill is outrageous. Of course on the flip side, I wouldn't even turn on the air conditioning until it hits upper 90's. My husband, not having grown up in the heat of Ky, needs the air conditioning around March. So I'm freezing all year around.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

LOL, You sound like me. He freezes me out. I live in sweatpants year round. What part of Michigan is your DH from. I lived in Dearborn from age 8 til 18. Then I came HOME!!! Talk about a fish out of water..GEEESH..I hated it there. You can take the girl outta the country but you cant take the country outta the girl. I was the only kid in my High School that listened to country music I think. LOL.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

You all sound just like me. I freeze to death in the
winter.

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Yeah I freeze in the summer too cause he's not happy unless our air conditonar is spitting out ice cubes. I go outside just to get warm. LOL

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

My husband makes fun of me because I sleep in flannel
pjs all year long.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Tina, I am beginning to think you and I are related. Ha ha. I just checked the weather and it looks like a heat wave today, High of 52. YEA!! But it is also calling for rain/snow tomorrow, YUCK. Guess I'll be hiding out,lol

Have a great weekend everyone, stay warm and dry.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

I'm back from Detroit. It was cold!!! I left just in time though because I think the high for today was going to be 0. Yuck!

I need to get ready for work just thought I'd drop in for minute this morning.

Tina, I'll post this evening about my Campbellsville trip. Hopefully we can meet up.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

I am of work today and I am definitely staying in the house where it is warm. I have the house to myself and I have turned the heat WAY UP. LOL

Tina

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

Sounds great, I'll be watching for your post.

Tina

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

Hey Tina, looks like I'll be there Feb 6 and 7. This is just a two day trip. I'll be there for 6 days the week of March 4-9.

How's your schedule look?

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Hey all, just stopping by to say howdy.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. And have a wonderful week ahead...Feburay is almost on us already...Geesh, guess I really need to put some thought into his V-day gift....

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

Hey any of those days sound good so far. Sundays are busy for me, but Saturdays worrk great.

Tina

scraper000
Resident
scraper000

How are all of my KY pals doing? Good I hope. It is very cold here in Hodgenville. It's snowing but not sticking to anything.

Tina

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

It's really cold here but no snow today. I think they are saying maybe Thursday for snow here.

I should know my schedule for next week in the next day or so. I should be available Tuesday afternoon/ evening if you wanted to get together and scrap. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn on 219 (I think that's the highway #).

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

Just let me know for sure, I 'll see whats going on

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Okay Girls, It's snowing and the ground is almost covered...guess that means I'm staying in the house for the next couple days...BRRRR LOL...

Any snow in your neck of the woods?

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Snowed enough to cancel school. The kids were thrilled.

Of course, I still had to go to work.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

It didn't do anything here, just a very light dusting. DS was very disappointed.

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Snowed again last night....Schools out again today...My kids are loving this....Mommy on the other hand is getting more grey hair by the second....LOL

Have a wonderful weekend Y'all

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

DS didn't have school today, however, I went to work and DH got to stay home with him.

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

OH NO!!! MORE SNOW!!! Does anyone know if the Ground Hog saw his shadow or not....???

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

I not for sure, I heard, but can't remember. Sorry, I know that wasn't much help.

Tian

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

The groundhog did not see his shadow so spring is just around the corner!

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

HOORAY!!!

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Come on Spring...I have missed you.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

I agree with you. I am ready for Spring. I HATE COLD WEATHER!!!!!

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut

Hiya!!! Just found this thread and thought I'd poke my head in and say hello.

I live in Louisville. Like right in the middle of the city, about 20 min. away from everything. I shop at Archivres alot, and I work at the Michales on Hurtborne.

I'm surprised no ones meantion the other great sbs here in Louisville: Dee's Crafts. I just that store. You can get a Scrapbook discount type card there where you get a punch for every 10 dollars you spend, then after you fill up your card you 15 dollars to spend there! Awesome.

Anyway...I tend to type waaaaay too much...hope everyone is well and that it's not too cold where you guys are

--Tracy

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Octopusouphut

Hey Tracy, So glad you found this thread. WELCOME WELCOME. Our LSS has a punch card too. heeheehee. I love it. I am trying to plan a trip to Louisville sometime late Spring early Summer to visit Archivers. I'll have to stop in Mikes to say Howdy. We have a Mikes and HL here but I am drooling over the idea of going to Archivers....heeheehee. *saving my money*

Don't worry about typing too much. My fingers seem to go on and on and on too. They have minds of their own.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE...STAY WARM!!!!!!!

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to Monica Jo

Thanks for the welcome

Yes, archivers is an awesome store! I love it there! Almost too much if you know what I mean ($$) !

Busy day today...hopefully I'll get back on later. Everyone take care!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

I had mentioned to a couple other people that I will be going to see if they want to go with me. Make it a Girl's mini trip. Maybe we could all get it scheduled to where we could meet up. Just an idea......

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Sounds fun. I've never been to Archivers.

Welcome Tracy!

Looks like the snow is gone for now.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Oh thats great Tammie. I cant wait

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

Tracy,
welcome. I know where Louisville is. I live about 45
minutes from there. I live close to E-town.

Monica,
I am still interested in that trip also.

Tammy,
What dates are you gonna be here again?

Have great weekend ladies,
TIna

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Cool Tina's still in too.... This has the makes of a

Scrap2da
Resident
Scrap2da
In response to Monica Jo

Hi everyone. I live in Frankfort. I visit Archivers a lot as well. Love it. I have found though that our LSS has a lot to offer too. Wonderful paper selection. It called Memories a la Mode. I would like to have to directions to the store in Louisville called Dee Crafts. Sounds like a place to try. Glad to have found a Kentucky thread.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Scrap2da

Hi Leslie!

Tina, I will be there the entire first week of March. I'll probably drive down on Sunday and leave on Friday.

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to Scrap2da

• Scrap2da Said:
Hi everyone. I live in Frankfort. I visit Archivers a lot as well. Love it. I have found though that our LSS has a lot to offer too. Wonderful paper selection. It called Memories a la Mode. I would like to have to directions to the store in Louisville called Dee Crafts. Sounds like a place to try. Glad to have found a Kentucky thread.

Welcome! I'm not great at directions...but since I'm the one who meantioned Dees in the first place I'll give it a go.

You said you've been to Archivers...that's located in Oxmore mall on Shelbyville Rd. If you keep going down that road (towards 264) You'll get to another mall: Mall St.Mathews. Right across the street from that mall is a shoping center with a Best Buy in it. Dee's Crafts is in that shoping center all the way over on the left. The scraping stuff is down the ramp on the left once you walk in the store. Hope that helps! Oh, and besure to ask for the punch card, 'cause they don't always remember to hand them out!

--Tracy

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Hi Leslie. Welcome to the KY thread.

Good morning everyone, have a wonderful week ahead.

I am a bit excited/nervous about this week.
I signed up with MemoryWorks as an independent consultant a few months back as a hobbist. I have since deceided to go ahead and pursue the business side of it. I have my very first meeting with the owner of Cropical Paradise Bed and Breakfast and Spa Retreat here in Paducah.
This is potentially my first customer and with it being a business it could possible be a big one. EEEK!!! lol, I hope I dont make a complete idiot of myself...(I'm good at that)
Well anyway wish me luck....See Ya

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Good Luck Monica! I hope it goes well.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Thanks a bunch.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

Hey would maybe that Tues or Thurs be okay?

Tina

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

• Monica Jo Said:

I signed up with MemoryWorks as an independent consultant a few months back as a hobbist. I have since deceided to go ahead and pursue the business side of it. I have my very first meeting with the owner of Cropical Paradise Bed and Breakfast and Spa Retreat here in Paducah.
This is potentially my first customer and with it being a business it could possible be a big one. EEEK!!! lol, I hope I dont make a complete idiot of myself...(I'm good at that)

Good Luck

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

• scraper000 Said:
  • Monica Jo Said:

Good Luck

Thanks

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Tina, Tues or Thurs sounds great. Whatever works better for you.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Joani
Joani 
New Kid On the Block
Joani
  • Joani on 02-14-07 07:48 AM
In response to Monica Jo

Hello there everyone... I am a newbie (sort of). I joined last year and really had not posted. I actually think that I joined to get the newsletter e-mailed. Anyway, I took the plunge yesterday and set up my page and gallery.

I've been looking around and this looks like a very active site with a lot of things going on. I can see me not getting much done because I'm on the computer all the time!!

I moved here a little over a year ago from CA. I live in Georgetown and find that there is really not much around as far as stores to buy from. It's about 25 minutes to Micheals from where I am. They did open a SB store in town, but things are still a little limited there.

Is there anyone else around here in my area??? I sure would like to get to know some and maybe meet for a scrap and card making time...

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Joani

Hey Joani, welcome to the thread.

I wish we were closer I would love to meet up. I live in Benton on the western side of the state. I would love to meet somemore people around here to meet up with too.

Been talking about meeting up with some of the other girls from this thread sometime in the late spring or summer at Archivers in Louisville. Maybe you could join....??

Have a Wonderful Valentine's Day. and stay warm.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Joani

Welcome,
I knwo where georgetown is. We aren't that far from each other. I am in Hodgenville. You are pretty close to campbellsville aren't you?

Tina

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

Ok great. I'll let you know closer to the date.

Tina

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

Welcome Joani! I am about 3 1/2 hours away from you. Sorry we're not closer.

Tina, sounds good! I'll see you then.

Monica- have you had your meeting yet? how did it go?

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

• TammieV Said:
Welcome Joani! I am about 3 1/2 hours away from you. Sorry we're not closer.

Tina, sounds good! I'll see you then.

Monica- have you had your meeting yet? how did it go?

No, I haven't heard from her yet. I am going to give her the rest of this week then call on Monday if I haven't heard back from her. Thanks for asking.

Joani
Joani 
New Kid On the Block
Joani
  • Joani on 02-15-07 10:07 AM
In response to Monica Jo

I dont know where I am!!
I moved here a little over a year ago and I've not got around much. I know Lexington, Wincester and Paris. Only because of family - but that's all. I'm about 20-25 minutes of Lexington. Does that help?

I'd love to meet some other people. In CA everyone was into scrapping and stamping. But I really have not met anyone here that is..
Til now

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Joani

9 degrees this morning girls...9!!!......But the weather man did say this should be the last of the really cold mornings for the winter...YIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Oh good morning by the way...Stay warm.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

I heard that by next weekend, the temp. will be in the 60's. YIPEE A heat wave LOL

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

WOOOHOOO, that's nice to hear. Maybe I will be able to get my van cleaned up, Boy does it need it.

Good Morning everyone, Hope you are having a great weekend.

It snowed here a bit overnight and I reckon it's to do somemore. We have an advisory. Hurry up next week...

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

I couldn't believe it when I got up a few minutes ago. More snow...

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Yeah crappy huh?

Scrap2da
Resident
Scrap2da

Thank you Tracy. I can't wait to check it out.

Scrap2da
Resident
Scrap2da
In response to Joani

Welcome Joani. Georgetown is real close to Frankfort. I went to grad school at the college there. You should drive to Frankfort and visit Memories a la Mode. They have a great selection and have classes weekly. It took me about 15-20 minutes to get to class. You can come via interstae or Georgetown Road.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Scrap2da

Hi all, just checking in. Have a great week.

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to Scrap2da

• Scrap2da Said:
Thank you Tracy. I can't wait to check it out.

No prob.

Oh, and today...after about noon: I didn't wear a coat!!!!

Edited by Octopusouphut on 02-19-07 08:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

No coat for me today either..Isn't it great?

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

We had a heat wave didn't we? LOL

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

60s again today. YEEHAWWW Did anyone get any rain last night. They are calling for storms here over the weekend. I don't like storms, but on the brighter side, its not snow.

Have a great day.

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to Monica Jo

• Monica Jo Said:
60s again today. YEEHAWWW Did anyone get any rain last night. They are calling for storms here over the weekend. I don't like storms, but on the brighter side, its not snow.

Have a great day.

Today our high is around 54. Whoo hoo. That's good enough for me! I know last night it sprinkled a bit before I went to bed...I slept so soundly I have no idea if it rained over night, but when I woke up the ground looked wet.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Good morning everyone, Have a scrappy day.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

Hello ladies. I hope every one is enjoying the great weather like I am. Anyone done much scrapping lately?

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

I am loving the weather Tina. I think we might get somemore rain this weekend although it hasn't started yet. I did a LO for a challenge and doing some bookmarks for another challenge. I have also been trying to get a tote bag sewn together but I can't seem to finish it for scrapping...lol.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

I'm a little aggravated with myself. I have 3 projects that I am working on and haven't got to touch them since Christmas. A dear friend of mine is helping on one of them. Every nite I think I 'll be able to work on them and then I either end up in bed exhausted or company shows up. DS Doesn't have a wrestling tourney this weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers that I can ******** this weekend.

DS has a tourney next weekend in Hebron. Any one know where that is? It is Northern KY. Close to OHIO line I believe?

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

I have never heard of it I don't think. Good luck to your son in his tourney. and to you to find time to scrap.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

I believe I've been to Hebron for a winterguard competition. It's near the Cincinnati airport which is actually in Kentucky.

I've not gotten to scrap at all this week and now the weekend is almost gone and I've not touched a thing. Maybe this afternoon...

Had to pick up my daughter a car in Glasgow yesterday. She's 16 and has her permit. My dad bought her a 1996 Monte Carlo as a gift. It's not too bad of a car. It's good enough for a 16 yo learning to drive.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

I tried to work on some bookmarks for the challenge and was doing some sewing on them till my needle broke..GRRR So I just got mad, turned the machine off and it has been sitting like that since yesterday evening. I guess I need to change the needle and get back to work on them. I just couldnt make myself change it yesterday when it broke. It was as if yesterday was one of those days when everything I touched went wrong so I just left it as it was and walked away. KWIM?? LOL
Maybe after I get finished with coffee and get a shower I will be up to tackling it again.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

Monica. It will go better for you today, I'm sure.

I'm really excited. I am going to a party this afternoon. I don't know what the name of it is. But
there will be all kinds of scrappin items and other crafts. My DH is terrified to hand over the checkbook. LOL I don't know if I'll be able to copntrol my self. I'll let you all know how it goes tonight.

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Oh Tina, that sounds like so much fun. I can just imagine what my sweetie would do. LOL. Have a great time and good luck with the self control.
Let us know how it went.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

Well, the party that I went to was a STAMPIN UP party. I had a blast. I contolled my spending to $75. I think that is pretty good. I had never done any embossing before. I bought the supplies to do that now. I AM SO EXCITED. It won't be here until next week . I booked a party in April. I wish you all were close so everyone could come and enjoy the fun.KW

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics