Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: KENTUCKY!!!        (Topic#1374518)
Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to scraper000

Oh I would love to come if I were closer. Glad you had a blast. Good Job on the budget..LOL, Better then I would have done. shhh don't tell Trent I said that...

midnightscrapper
Expert
midnightscrapper
In response to ~*Dawn Marie*~

In a way i am from KY, my hubby is from Mt Vernon and we will soon be going back. We are currently station in the Air Foce in New Mexico. The end of our enlistments are soon and we will be going to KY.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to midnightscrapper

How's New Mexico? How long have you been stationed there?

Welcome to the site!

scraper000
Resident
scraper000

Welcome to our little thread. Where is Mt Vernon?

Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Welcome midnightscrapper. When you move back to Ky are you moving to Mt. Vernon or somewhere else??

Good Morning everyone. Join me in a

Edited by Monica Jo on 02-27-07 04:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

midnightscrapper
Expert
midnightscrapper
In response to Monica Jo

I have been station in New Mexico for the last 5 years. I will be moving to Mt Vernon or near sometime this fall or next spring. Mt vernon is an hour out of Lexington due east.

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut

• midnightscrapper Said:
In a way i am from KY, my hubby is from Mt Vernon and we will soon be going back. We are currently station in the Air Foce in New Mexico. The end of our enlistments are soon and we will be going to KY.

Welcome! Have you ever visited the state? I'm in Louisville, and really haven't traveled too far out from there. I've been to Burea, Lexington and Shelbyville. That's about it in KY...I've been to many other states and countries though.

Anyway...nice to meet you again, and hope to see you around the 'hood!

midnightscrapper
Expert
midnightscrapper
In response to Octopusouphut

Yes i have been to Ky and really love it there. It is such a big change from the place that is mostly brown. I have been to Lexington and around there.

midnightscrapper
Expert
midnightscrapper
In response to TammieV

I have been station in New Mexico for a little over 5 years now, but i have lived here almost all my life. I will be moving to Mt Vernon Ky which is about an hour east of Lexington in about a year.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

That is farther east than I have been in KY. I have been to Lexington once but thats it. Been to Louisville more time then I can count. Well not "to" Louisville, but "through".

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to Monica Jo

Hey...were is everybody?

I looked out my window a second ago and saw snow! Gah! I hate snow! It's just flurries and I don't think it's going to stick. I just stood stairing out the window for sec. saying "Go away! Go away!" To the snow. I know, I'm 4!

In other news, I'm going to the Scrap-mania tonight at Archvers w/my mom. I can't remember if anyone else in the thread is in Louisville or not. I was just wondering if anyone else is going tonight.

Gotta to get going for now!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

I'm not in Louisville so I wont be going. Too bad though cause I would love to.

It was snowing here too. If your 4 then I am too. I was saying about the same thing. COME ON SPRING!!!

Edited by Monica Jo on 03-03-07 10:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

It's snowing in Hopkinsville too! Aaaarrrgghh!!!

Is everyone aware they changed the dates for daylight savings time? We change the clocks in a week!

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to TammieV

I was in Florence today, and It was snowing BAD there. YUCK!!! I hate snow.

Tina

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to TammieV

• TammieV Said:
It's snowing in Hopkinsville too! Aaaarrrgghh!!!

Is everyone aware they changed the dates for daylight savings time? We change the clocks in a week!

Yeah, I heard that on the news today...it's funny 'cause I didn't realize it was any earlier. I never really pay attention to when it happens. I just hear "change your clocks!" on the news the night before and do it.

Does anyone know why it's so early (3 weeks) this year?

Well, have a good night everyone. I work noon until close tomorrow (a 7-8 hr shift, depending on how late we're there after we close) so I'll be dead tired by the time I get home. I did do 2 LO at the Scrap-Mania tonight...just need to do some journaling. So, hopefully I can at lest post those tomorrow night.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Good morning Girls.

Thanks for the info on changing the clocks. I never know when to do it either, someone always has to tell me. Usually the night before.

Tracy, congrats on over 2 weeks without caffine. You are my hero. There is no way on God's green earth that I would be able to do it....well not and still have my family. They would have all left me by then. LOL

Did anyone else see the eclipse last night. I saw it for a little bit when I had to run to town. It was pretty neat, especially with the moon so large in the sky.

Well have a scrappy Sunday.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

I missed it. I ran outside just as I remembered and it was ending.

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to TammieV

Nope...didn't get to see it... Too cloudly. Plus, I was too busy scrapin' away at the Scrap-Mania.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

It was a neat site. I just had wished all my boys had been home that night so I could have seen their reactions when they saw it.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Where have all of the Ky ladies been recently? Today was a beautiful day here- almost 80 and sun shining. I hope everyone had a great day!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Wasn't it wonderful yesterday??? Raining this morning, yuck...but at least its not snow.

I have been busy trying to get some pages finished for the challenges, catching up on my sewing and working on my new consultant website.

I am not sure if I can post the site in the thread with it advertising myself or not but if any of you are interested I have it in my BIO at my place.

Have a great day everyone...

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Monica Jo

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Monica, I checked out your website. It looks great. If you're interested in doing a party in Hopkinsville, maybe I can host one for you. I'd have to see how many of my friends are interested.

Where are those warmer temperatures?

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Oh Tammie, that would be great. I am still fairly new at this so the thought of a party is kinda scarey to me. KWIM? But you could check around with your friends and get their opinions on what they would like to do. (class, crop, catalog party) Or just get the word out about the site to them as well. That would be awesome and I would be SOOO grateful for it. We will be having a new catalog release around April 16th or so. New products, new lines. It is starting to feel like Christmas for me. There are a BUNCH of products in the current catalog that are being retired and selling fast. Once they are gone we wont be carring them anymore.

Thanks for looking at the site. I am still working on it and trying to get the feel of it. My computer is having attitude lately so it has been hard to get it all set up. If you want to when you visit it again, create your own account and then you will be on a mailing list. (you do not have to place an order at that time to create an account.) I will be able to notify you as we get a sneek peek of all the new stuff coming out. So far there is a sneek peek for BasicGrey , Fancy Pants, 3 Bugs in a Rug, and PiggyTales.
All of my contact info is on the site so feel free to get in touch with me personally if you need to.

Edited by Monica Jo on 03-18-07 06:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Monica Jo

Oh yeah and the warm temps, UGH!! Wasn't last week just a tease. I caught just a bit of the news last night and I believe we are expected RAIN all week. But they also said the temps are to start going back up....

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

I'm in Detroit all week. It was snowing like crazy when I landed this morning!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

yuck yuck yuck. I hope you have a safe trip. Stay warm.

Michelle42141
Veteran
Michelle42141
In response to TammieV

Are you still in Detroit??

I was supposed to go to Chicago this week. I weaseled out of that one!

So dh wants to go to Louisville last weekend for his birthday. We go to Oxmoor (sp?) and what do I find? ARCHIVERS!!!! I went crazy!! It was like a drug addict was set loose in a pharmacy!!

Help! I need a 12x12 step program!

Michelle42141
Veteran
Michelle42141
In response to Michelle42141

Almost forgot - I'm in Glasgow ladies!!

Our wonderful LSS has new products coming in - some really great stuff!!

They have a BUNCH of activities happening - Mom's pamper crop on May 5th - I'm going!! Last year's was great.

PM me if you want more info!!

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut

• Michelle42141 Said:

So dh wants to go to Louisville last weekend for his birthday. We go to Oxmoor (sp?) and what do I find? ARCHIVERS!!!! I went crazy!! It was like a drug addict was set loose in a pharmacy!!

I live in Louisville, and I go to Archivers there at Oxmoore about once a week (sometimes more!) My bf's bus drops him off there and I pick him up from there since there isn't really a bus stop near by to my house, and when I'm early I'll stop in and always wind up buying something.

Next time your in Louisville near Oxmoore you should also check out Dee's Crafts. It's just down the street from Oxmoore Mall. If you go past Oxmoore (towards the highway) you'll get to another mall called Mall St. Mathews. It's really close. Anyway, right across the street from St. Mathews is a shopping center with Dee's in it. It's a local craft store that has a huge scrap section.

I'm going there on Saturday 'cause they're having a cool sale. Anything you can fit into this paper bag I got there on a previous trip is 20% off. Pretty sweet.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

I just got home today! The weather is definitely better here than Detroit.

I wish I could come May 5th but Matt has a soccer tournament in Calvert City that whole weekend.

Maybe you could come for the weekend if I host a crop for Monica. Bring Robb and the boys!

Michelle42141
Veteran
Michelle42141
In response to TammieV

That would be awesome!!

Robb is preaching at another church sometime in April - not sure when. I'll have to be careful when to schedule

Alex graduates May 18th (I feel so old!!) and then we have to get ready for Highland Games.

After that, June is open.

Keep me informed of the crop. I would LOVE to come out there!

Michelle42141
Veteran
Michelle42141

• Octopusouphut Said:
  • Michelle42141 Said:

I live in Louisville, and I go to Archivers there at Oxmoore about once a week (sometimes more!) My bf's bus drops him off there and I pick him up from there since there isn't really a bus stop near by to my house, and when I'm early I'll stop in and always wind up buying something.

Next time your in Louisville near Oxmoore you should also check out Dee's Crafts. It's just down the street from Oxmoore Mall. If you go past Oxmoore (towards the highway) you'll get to another mall called Mall St. Mathews. It's really close. Anyway, right across the street from St. Mathews is a shopping center with Dee's in it. It's a local craft store that has a huge scrap section.

I'm going there on Saturday 'cause they're having a cool sale. Anything you can fit into this paper bag I got there on a previous trip is 20% off. Pretty sweet.

Thanks so much for the tip!! I'll make sure to weasel my way there the next time we are in Louisville!

Michelle42141
Veteran
Michelle42141

Just checking in before church. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Calvert City, HUH? Thats my neck of the woods.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

This weekend we are in Mayfield at Hamilton Park for a soccer tournament! That's pretty close too I think! I'm hoping the rain stops before tomorrow.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Yeah Mayfield is close too. It poured last night for a little while...( dont know what it did after I went to bed) Good luck on the tourney......and try to stay dry. They are calling for chances of storms.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Monica Jo

Oh yeah and just be glad your not playing here in Benton. This is Tater Day weekend and this little town is CRAZY!!!! I had to go pay bills yesterday and ummmmm......talk about your road rage. LOL

Michelle42141
Veteran
Michelle42141
In response to Monica Jo

Where is everyone?? Or do I just have no life? (Just a rhetorical question!!)

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

Monica, We stopped in Benton yesterday to get a drink for the ride home and found out it was Tater Day. It was a little crazy.

Michelle, of course you have a life it just happens to be centered around two little boys right now. In a couple more years you'll be driving them around all weekend for various events just like you were with the older 3. By the way, how are the older ones doing? Still in TN?

It's off to the tournament again today. Then I must start getting ready to leave for vacation on Friday.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

I was in town for a bit yesterday too. We went to walk around the flea markets for a bit. Tater Day just isn't what it used to be. The only thing we go was a tshirt for our youngest ds that says "That's it I'm calling GRANNY!!!"
We are going to the parade today because my Pepaw is the Grand Marshall this year. Then its back home. This is Spring Break week for my boys and 2 of them are going to be with their ( I use the term loosly) father.

Hope you all have a great week.

Tammie, How did the tourney go??

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

We played well and came in third. We deserved to be in the finals game but came up a little short.

Our spring break starts on Friday so we are headed to Florida. I absolutely can't wait. I need some sun and rest.

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to TammieV

80 degrees today...50 degrees tomorrow. What gives??

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

How is everyone after the storms??? It got pretty bad here but all in all we are ok. I haven't been out yet to survey the farm to see how many trees are down this time.

Hope everyone is ok.....Sending LOVE~~

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to Monica Jo

Louisville proper wasn't hit very hard. Lots of rain and wind in my area, but not much else. Hope everyone else is okay.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Glad to hear all is well with you Tracy.

Hope the same for everyone else.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

We didn't see much of a storm either. Not what I exected.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

I just found out a little while ago that it blew a barn down up the road from us and the owners had to put their horse down. The horse was inside when it blew down. It broke my heart when I heard that.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Monica Jo

I hope you all had a great Easter. I think I will be finding the grass for the next month. It is EVERYWHERE!! lol...But it wouldn't be Easter without it.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Hey everyone. Just got back from vacation so I've been missing from the site for over a week and am having withdrawals. Orlando was wonderful.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

I missed ya Tammie. I am so glad you had a great vacation. Everyone needs one from time to time. Just not sure when my time is yet...lol.
I bet you have a lot of great photos to scrap. Please share the pages when you finish. Can't wait to see them.

Resident

Just found this thread. I'm from Northern KY, across the river from Cincinnati. Any scrappers up my way? Would love to find someone to scrap with!

Karen

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to jinglesmom

Welcome Karen! I'm from western Ky so I'm not anywhere close to you.

New Kid On the Block
In response to TammieV

Hi, I am a new kid on the block... LOL

I reside in Newport, Kentucky! So that means I am close to you, Karen!!!!!!

Hope to get to know some of you.

Be blessed.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to scrapbookfiesta

• scrapbookfiesta Said:
Hello ladies. I am in Richmond i think I am the only one here lol.

I love that store Archivers. Let us know when it is ready cant wait.

I do not like Meijers. Everything is sooo expensive.!

Yay! I'm in Irvine I was beginning to think no one was even relatively close to me at all.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Crystal B.

Hey all, I have been MIA for a few weeks. School has been out for a bit and everything is full force around here, with the exception of my 4YR who has come down with somekind of stomach bug that just wont go away. Poor little guy, I have to take him back to the doctor tomorrow.
Hope you all are enjoying you summer.
Oh yeah and ........

Hi and welcome to the new ladies.

Bobbie B
New Kid On the Block
Bobbie B
In response to Monica Jo

Hello again, everyone!
Been a while since I last posted. I have noticed there are a couple of people in my general area (Lexington) but, have yet to see another Lex. poster! Surely, I am not the only one?!When I moved here from Bowling Green, in November, I really thought there would be more, in the way of stores. What a disappointment, only Lasting Legacy. With the number of hours I work, I haven't had any time to get involved in any activities the store hosts. Bummer I really would like to attend a crop, some time. I would also like to meet some other scrappers in my area. Right now, I am working on a U.S. Navy scrapbook, for my daughter. She enlisted in March and is now stationed at Biloxi, MS for her "A" school. I have noticed that there isn't a whole lot out there, as far as papers and embellishments, that are Navy oriented and I think I have bought everything I've found, thus far...lol I hope to start uploading some of my pages, in the very near future. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Bobbie

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Bobbie B

Just checking in. I've been really busy with work lately, traveling mostly. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to TammieV

This is NOT a very active part of sb.com ! I wish there were more Kentuckians here!

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

I know what you're saying. There seems to be so few of us.

wolfesangel342
Tenant
wolfesangel342
In response to TammieV

Hi all! I'm from SE Kentucky (Williamsburg) about an hour or so away from Lexington!

Bobbie B
New Kid On the Block
Bobbie B

I totally agree! Do any of you have friends or relatives that you can encourage to get involved with this site?

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Bobbie B

Unfortunately, most of my relatives and friends are PC/Internet challenged...lol. Not to mention that none of them are scrapbookers except my mom and aunt

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

OK, we need to get a Louisville Crop together...anyone interested?

Bobbie B
New Kid On the Block
Bobbie B
In response to Just G

....and if anyone is interested in doing a Lexington crop/get-together, chime in!

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Bobbie B

I could come to Lexington. I'm about an hour away from there, but that's the closest actual city and scrapbook store and everything to me anyway, so I go there fairly frequently.

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to Just G

• Reeves95 Said:
OK, we need to get a Louisville Crop together...anyone interested?

Sounds like a great idea...if I can make it; I just started school today and am a bit busy now. But I am interested in the idea.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV

I'm about 3 hours from Louisville and even farther from Lexington. But I hope you get enough to get together.

Bobbie B
New Kid On the Block
Bobbie B
In response to TammieV

Ok, what kind of schedules does everyone have? Would everyone be ok with meeting at Lasting Legacy? They have a pretty good sized cropping area. I could call and make the arrangements. I know they are closed on Sundays. My work schedule is pretty full but, I usually have some Thursdays off and some Saturdays. Since I am the manager, I can also be a little flexible and pick and choose some days off, as well. I know everyone usually has a pretty crazy schedule in the summer months but, let's start brainstorming. Maybe we could start a monthly get together in Lexington, if anyone is interested??

Bobbie B
New Kid On the Block
Bobbie B

Hi Crystal, How often do you trek in to Lexington?

Bobbie B
New Kid On the Block
Bobbie B
In response to wolfesangel342

Good morning! How often do you get to Lexington?

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Bobbie B

I could get there whenever. Hubby and I usually end up there about every other week or so for date night. We love Texas Roadhouse Also, my midwife that I'm seeing is in Lexington. We live in Irvine where there is NOTHING, so we have to go to Lexington sometimes.

Plus, any excuse to get to the scrapbook store would be a welcomed one! I'm pretty flexible as far as my schedule goes because I don't have a full time job or anything.

BLC51
BLC51 
Resident
BLC51
  • BLC51 on 06-26-07 07:36 PM
In response to Monica Jo

Hi I am new to this post. I understand you live in Marshal Co. I live in Reidland Ky. where do you live in Marshal county?

BLC51
BLC51 
Resident
BLC51
  • BLC51 on 06-26-07 07:44 PM
In response to aunt_tiff

Hi I am new to this post. I was just close to you about a week ago. My husband and I went to the Ky. State park in Burksville. I didn't know there was a scrapbook store so close by. I took my scrapbook stuff with me and did a few pages.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to BLC51

I live in Hopkinsville so I'm not too far from you. I'm originally from Glasgow so I'm over there several times a year visiting family.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

BLC51
BLC51 
Resident
BLC51
  • BLC51 on 06-27-07 07:22 PM
In response to TammieV

Thank you very much hope to be able to learn more about you and chat with you often.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to BLC51

hi all. Hope your having a great summer. Me, I'm counting the days until school starts again. LOL
Have a great weekend.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Hey Monica! Where have you been girl?

Great to see you back!

BLC51
BLC51 
Resident
BLC51
  • BLC51 on 07-13-07 11:38 AM
In response to KyBrenda

Brenda here just wanted to stop and say Hi to all my Ky. friends. I live in a place called Paducah Ky. Great little town You might know it by the Quilt City USA

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to BLC51

Hey, Glenda from Louisville here. It's official. I can't scrap by myself anymore....I get blocked so easily! I had 2 friends come over today and finished a layout I've been stuck on for weeks.

Unfortunately weekends are limited to Sundays and weeknights are hectic but I'm willing to try!

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Just G

Good morning ladies! It's Friday!!

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to BLC51

• BLC51 Said:
Brenda here just wanted to stop and say Hi to all my Ky. friends. I live in a place called Paducah Ky. Great little town You might know it by the Quilt City USA

That's pretty far from the little town of Irvine, KY; But it's only about an hour and a half or so from dh's hometown in Illinois. His dad actually used to play a steel guitar gig there each week.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to TammieV

• TammieV Said:
Good morning ladies! It's Friday!!

Yay! TGIF! For DH and I that also means Date Night!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Hey Kentucky, Hows it going. Summer Vacation ends Tuesday here. The kids go back to school,

I do love summer but I am SOOOO ready for some sense of schedule again. I will have 3 in school this year. My third child starts Kindergarten. So that just leaves 1 at home.

Once School starts back and things move to an even pace around here again I am going to try to get my MemoryWorks business off the ground. I am going to start planning an Open House Crop, If any of you are interested in attending just email me at [email protected] I would kinda like to get a bit of a head count so I will know about what size of a building I will need. This will be my first crop so any input or suggestions would be great. I am going to a crop Friday at the LSS in Murray to get a feel of how one is run. Oh btw for those of you who don't know I live in Benton. About 30min SouthEast of Paducah and 15-20 Minutes North of Murray.
If you would like anymore information feel free to PM me here or email me at above address.

I plan to have games and drawings and offer door prizes and such. Any game Ideas would be great too. I have written a few down but new ones would be great. Thanks everyone. I would love to see you all there. Not just for business aspect (although that would be great) But I would truely Love to meet you all face to face. I know summer is a crazy time and everyone is sooooo busy. Myself in cluded....

So when do your kids go back to school? Are you all done with your school Shopping?
Has anyone start shopping for Christmas yet?

Well hope this thread picks up soon...Miss chatting with you all...

Huggsssss and Happy Scrappin

ScrappyCakeDecorator
Resident
ScrappyCakeDecorator

Hi... I seen where you posted saying there was now a scrapbook store open in London, Ky in the Dog patch trading center.... I was so happy to hear that.. I go there to get my cake decorating supplies sometimes at the craft store located in that shopping center.
Do you know the name of the SB store there? and how long its been open? Do you possibly have a phone number or anything? I live closer to Berea, Ky...so its a little bit of a drive to London...but worth it for another SB Store!!!
Thanks,
Kaye

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to ScrappyCakeDecorator

Have a safe and fun Labor Day.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Monica, I love your new avatar! Great photo!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Thanks Tammie. I love the new pages in you gallery. I think I'm gonna have to lift the journaling card idea. That is tooo cute.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.

• ScrappyCakeDecorator Said:
Hi... I seen where you posted saying there was now a scrapbook store open in London, Ky in the Dog patch trading center.... I was so happy to hear that.. I go there to get my cake decorating supplies sometimes at the craft store located in that shopping center.
Do you know the name of the SB store there? and how long its been open? Do you possibly have a phone number or anything? I live closer to Berea, Ky...so its a little bit of a drive to London...but worth it for another SB Store!!!
Thanks,
Kaye

Where do you live? If you're between London and Berea somewhere, you're probably the closest person to me. I get all excited about KY scrappers on here b/c there don't seem to be many of them.

I'm in Irvine BTW (about 20 miles southeast of Richmond).

ScrappyCakeDecorator
Resident
ScrappyCakeDecorator

Hi Crystal,
I live about 10 min out of Berea (but not close to London..) Hubby works in Richmond, but we live closer to the Paint Lick Area.
Our former Pastor and his wife live in Irvine... so I know where that is.
Did you know there is a scrapbook store in Berea now? It is called Scrapbooks on Broadway and they have a website.
It's good to hear from someone else on here , that isn't To far away!!!
Happy Scrappin,
Kaye

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut

Long time no post for me here. Been busy with school.

I've got a question for you ladies, and hopefully you can help me out. I'm traveling with my bf to Ohio (Cinci to be exact) and am hoping to stop an a LSS on the way or while I'm there.

I posted in the Ohio thread asking about LSS in the Cinci area and one of the ladies there linked me to a place that also has a store in Florance, KY.

So, my question is if I am driving from Louisville, KY to Cincinnati, OH is Florance on the way? I've hardly been outside of Louisville (driving anyway...I've traveled a lot, but not locally) so I have no clue. I'd ask my parents but they are out of the country and won't be back by the time we're going (the 12th).

Thanks for any help!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

I have seen the big red and white Florence water tower between Louisville and Cinci while traveling from here (Benton) to Dearborn, Michigan and back.

I pulled it up on Yahoo maps for you, see if this works map.

And here is a map of all scrapbook store s in the area between Louisville and Cinci.

Scrapbook Stores
HTH

Have a great trip.

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to Monica Jo

Thanks Monica! Looks like a pretty easy, uncomplicated drive.

Thanks again!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

You're very welcome girl. Have a fun safe trip.

scraper000
Resident
scraper000
In response to Monica Jo

Hey ladies!!! I know that I haven't been here in ages. Our computer crashed and we just got this new one a few weeks ago. My cousin was in a REALLY BAD
car accident about 7 weeks ago and I have had my life turned upside down. But she is doing a lot better now and is in Frazier Rehab in Louisville. My life is starting to get back to normal now.

How has everyone been?
Tina

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

First of all Tina welcome back. Second I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. Those are hard times. Glad to hear she is doing better. How long will she have to be in the rehab center?

kdmom
kdmom 
Guru
kdmom
  • kdmom on 09-11-07 08:31 AM
In response to Monica Jo

Hi anyone from the Lousiville area? I will be attending a conference on the 27th, 28th & 29th, then dh and I are staying until the 30th staying at the Galt House.

So my questions are............

Must sees

Restaurant for Saturday night. Do not want a chain restaurant. Something preferably unique to Louisville. Steak for hubby and seafood/chicken for me.

And most importantly - scrapbooking stores

Octopusouphut
Guru
Octopusouphut
In response to kdmom

• kdmom Said:
Hi anyone from the Lousiville area? I will be attending a conference on the 27th, 28th & 29th, then dh and I are staying until the 30th staying at the Galt House.

So my questions are............

Must sees

Restaurant for Saturday night. Do not want a chain restaurant. Something preferably unique to Louisville. Steak for hubby and seafood/chicken for me.

And most importantly - scrapbooking stores

I live in Louisville. I'll send you a PM.

New Kid On the Block

Hi, I am orginizing a wonderfully large crop in western Kentucky (Owensboro). We will have a silent auction with at least 300 retired StampinUp stamp sets with a starting price of 1/2 of the original price or less. Lots of fun giveaways and raffles too. I am hoping this will raise money for our local United Way. If this sounds good Please let me know as I am trying to gage the interest level hear in scrapbooking and explane to some non scrappers (the guys- you know)that this is a great idea. lots of people are willing to donate cool stuff and time to help I just now need to know if people might want to come. It would be in October (most likly the 19th) a friday from 6pm till midnight- $10 if you preregister, $15 at the door? what do you all think?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Monica Jo

Hi, I am orginizing a wonderfully large crop in western Kentucky (Owensboro). We will have a silent auction with at least 300 retired StampinUp stamp sets with a starting price of 1/2 of the original price or less. Lots of fun giveaways and raffles too. I am hoping this will raise money for our local United Way. If this sounds good Please let me know as I am trying to gage the interest level hear in scrapbooking and explane to some non scrappers (the guys- you know)that this is a great idea. lots of people are willing to donate cool stuff and time to help I just now need to know if people might want to come. It would be in October (most likly the 19th) a friday from 6pm till midnight- $10 if you preregister, $15 at the door? what do you all think? any help with getting the word out would be great- since you are a western ky girl you might know where the wst ky blogs etc are. I am fairly new to Owensboro- (Love it here!!! People are really nice- they smile at you and even talk to you!!! My kids are in public school!!!) please chat with me- I am new to this whole blog and posting thing so any thoughts or comments would be great
Thank you
Barbara

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics