Page 5 of 5 
Username Post: KENTUCKY!!!        (Topic#1374518)
Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to TammieV

Thanks Tammie.

Oh I know, I am enjoying today too. The windows are open and I am LOVING this.

Check out my blog......Link below

Tomorrow is FRIDAY

dreamin
New Kid On the Block
dreamin
In response to Monica Jo

Monica,

What pretty work you do! Enjoy this warm weather that we've been having, I love it.

Lisa

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to dreamin

Thank you.. that means alot. Yeah I was enjoying it till this rain came in ..Now all I wanna do is sleep LOL

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1
In response to Monica Jo

hey everyone!! I grew up in Frankfort do i count to be on the thread??

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to renee1

Of course...Welcome Renee. We are a friendly bunch here. Jump right in.

TammieV
Guru
TammieV
In response to Monica Jo

Happy Good Friday to everyone! I'm glad to be at home today enjoying the day!

pacificlin
Veteran
pacificlin
In response to TammieV

Hello! I'm new to the forum and thought I would pop in on this thread. I'm originally from the Seattle, WA area, but I lived in Lexington for a year and have been living in Versailles for around two years now.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to pacificlin

Welcome to the KY thread pacificlin. It is great to meet you. I will have to pop over to your gallery.

Tammie~ Thanks for the warm Good Friday wishes. Sorry I missed that.. I havent been on here much in the past couple weeks.

Hope everyone had a great Easter.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Monica Jo

Hey KY Scrappers...We've gotten quiet lately. So I thought I'd jump on to say hi and see how everyones summer is going.

Any new plans??

How about a KY Thread Challenge? Whos game???

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 06-27-08 07:25 AM
In response to Monica Jo

hey monica and the rest of KY!

summer has been fun for me so far. i got a new washing machine AND new windows in the house! now how exciting is all that domestic stuff???

my DH and i flew to florida this past wknd for my baby bro's wedding. awww sniff sniff. he was so handsome and she of course was beautiful. i'm hoping to make them something crafty from all the pics--but not a scrapbook. (i don't think. LOL)

DH and i are heading back to florida next month with the kids to visit disney. yeah! (i still haven't scrapped our 2004 disney trip yet.)

i've been trying to work on my wedding album, but get bummed after 30 mins with those pics. lots of problems with the photographer.

i'm up for a challenge of any kind to get me jumpstarted again.

how is YOUR summer going?

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to kuke

HI Kuke. Sounds like you are really haveing a great summer. Congrats to your brother and new sis in law. Awww Disney. I would love to take the kids there...maybe someday.

I have a couple ideas for a challenge lets see who else will jump in..the more the merrier ya know.....

calling alll KY SCRAPPERS!! heehee

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Monica Jo

The June Altered Challenge poll is up. Pop on over an vote please. You may just see a familar name on there

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14694...

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 07-03-08 10:23 AM
In response to Monica Jo

i tried monica, here's what i got:

Your permission set does not allow you to be here.

Use your browsers Back Button to return to the previous page.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to kuke

hmmm, you may have to try again. Thats kinda weird. Thanks For trying. It means alot.

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to Monica Jo

Hi, Ky ladies! I had this thread confused with the other Ky thread,lol! I posted on it, and I kept checking this one, wondering why no one answered,lol.

Anyway, I am in Pikeville, I have been scrapping for a little over a year now, and I am in loooove with patterned paper ! I have so much that I feel is much too pretty to use, is that sick or what? I live in a really small town, no Lss, no M's, no J's, no nothing. I go to Lexington or Huntington, W.Va to shop every few months or so. Our Big Lots has some great stuff, too, and my Wal-mart had a huge clearance last week. I got cuttlekids dies for $1 each!!!!

I don't have anyone irl to scrap with, just my sister, but she has 2 toddlers, and doesn't get much time to anymore. I have never been to a crop, and I would love to find one not too far away to go to. Does anyone know if there is a LSS in Hazard? and I found a Lss in Whitesburg, about an hour away that has a crop most Friday nights. I just haven't had a chance to go there yet, but I will soon.

Happy Independence Day!!!!

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to stefanyb123

Oh, yeah, I would love a challenge thread!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Hi ya Stefany. I am so glad you found this thread. I am not familar with Pikeville or that side of the state. I'm in Western Ky.I will help you do a search for a LSS around there. But I do know some of the smaller ones don't list on the internet. There is one not to far from me that isnt in the search engine. but I will see what i can do.

Yay! Another vote for a Ky Challenge. The more the merrier. I will try to post something tomm or the next day. I know a couple other ppl I can mention this to.

Happy 4th everyone.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Monica Jo

Stefany. I found this one so far.

Package Patch Cards & Gifts Map
(606) 437-9152 Weddington Sq, Pikeville, KY 41501
Scrapbooks & Scrapbook Supplies

Hope this helps ya.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to Monica Jo

Hi everyone!! I don't know how I didn't know about this thread!! I'm up in Northern Kentucky... anyone else in the area? I'll have to go back and read through the thread... feel free to add me as a friend if we aren't already!! Love my KY gals!!

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to Monica Jo

• Monica Jo Said:
Stefany. I found this one so far.

Package Patch Cards & Gifts Map
(606) 437-9152 Weddington Sq, Pikeville, KY 41501
Scrapbooks & Scrapbook Supplies

Hope this helps ya.

Its out of business!:( It went out about 3 months before I started scrapping, my luck of course. Maybe if I had started scrappin sooner, I could have kept them in business,lol! I would have sure tried!

I may try to get to the one in Whitesburg next Friday. I talked to the lady who owns the store on the phone and she sounded really nice. I don't usually go places by myself, to things like that, but I think I will.

Are you going to post the challenge thread on the challenge board?

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Sorry to hear it went out of business. There was one close by here that went out of business right before I found out about it. I was bummed too cause it was the closest one to me. Always how it goes.

I dont know...do you think I should keep the challenge here or in the challenge thread. If I do put it over there I will link it here. Maybe it will draw more attention over there. And not limit it to just ppl who live in Ky...Include anyone who has live here before.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions. Maybe we can keep it going monthly.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to KyBrenda

Here's one for sharing....TFL

Water Logged
By Monica Jo

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to Monica Jo

• Monica Jo Said:
Here's one for sharing....TFL

Water Logged
By Monica Jo

I totally love this! Its a great summery layout.

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123

It doesn't matter to me where the challenge is. I am working on a layout of buying our house, and its taking me forever. My title is "theres no place like home", and I have the orginal real estate ad, with the sold sign on it, and I'm still not liking it....I can't figure out what it needs.....

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to Monica Jo

Hello Monica, and all the rest of Ky. scrappers. Thanks for the shout about this thread. I would be happy to join in, but I have never done a challenge, or contest. I started scrapping in March of this year, and I am golfing 2 times aweek now that the weather is nice. I will try to do it if you don't mind a beginner. I am working on a hoppy room ( scrapping room )lol I am going crazy with the system I have now, sunroom table. I can't find what I want when I want it, and have bought stuff tha tI have forgotten about because I can't SEE it! I think I need to be a visable scrapper at my age. I'm thinking about a peg broad or at least where I can leave it all out, where I can see the stuff!!!!

CherieRN
Veteran
CherieRN
In response to wimpygirl

I would love to join your thread. I don't currently live in Kentucky, but my boyfriend was raised in Frankfort and we still have a house there. We spend a month there every summer and 2 weeks in December. I love being in Kentucky.... the scenery is beautiful and the people are so nice! I can't wait till we can live there year round.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to CherieRN

Wow! It’s great to see this thread going again. Wooohooo welcome

Stefany~ Sounds like it is going to be a great page. I sometimes have to just step a way for a while. Maybe even go to another project then it may hit me what it needs. That’s the main reason I have several things going at any given time. If you want you could upload what you have and post it here and maybe we could throw out some ideas for you. Just a thought.

Wimpy~ So glad you jumped it. Of course we don’t mind a beginner. We all were at one time. I still am and I’ve been scrapping seriously for almost 3 years. I have been trying to get my Scrap/craft room re organized too. It has been a chore. Trying to find a system that works for me and how to store it. it’s a big job. I feel for ya hun. I like to keep mine out where I can see it too. I like the peg board idea. I am in the process of designing a magnet board to put over my table to have a place to put inspirational clips I’ve cut from magazines and such. Plus I like to display the last page I make so I can look at it for a bit instead of putting it straight into the album, KWIM??

Cherie~ Welcome to the thread. You are more than welcome here. We don’t have to live in Ky now to be a part of it. A love of Ky will do for us. Heehee. Hope you join into the up coming Challenges we are working on.

As for the challenges….I want everyone to throw out ideas. Maybe each month we can have a different host..up to yall. Not sure about RAK yet…what do yall think??

Ok so this is the 6th..we will go one month at a time. So due date Aug 6th. Is that ok with everyone.

Since this is the Ky thread and our 1st challenge how about a Ky themed Challenge. Let Ky be your subject. “My Kentucky Home” “State Bird” “Vacation spot” Anything that has to do with Ky.

It could be any size page. 2 pager. Digi or traditional Or even a card or altered project.

How does that sound? I want to make this fun for all so if you have any other suggestion or if I’ve left anything out just let me know.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend…

Oh one more thing. If you have a blog I would like to be able to add you to my list and follow along. Mine is listed in my siggy. Stop by anytime.

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 07-08-08 12:55 PM
In response to Monica Jo

welcome to the new people. i too am glad to see this board back in action!!

monica, sounds like a good starter challenge!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to kuke

I'm glad you like the idea. I've been trying to think of a page to do...Its bad, I had an idea but now I cant think of it. Heeehee

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 07-09-08 07:02 AM
In response to Monica Jo

btw, i forgot to ask what RAK means? and while i'm at it, what are ATC's??

thanks!

ScrapOfRobin
Expert
ScrapOfRobin
In response to kuke

Hello ladies!
I live in Ashland, Ky.. It's in the NE corner of Ky., and even though I've lived other places, Ky is HOME.
I'm pretty new to scrapping and just trying to muddle through with the help of all the wonderful ladies on the forums here.
I'll be following along.
Everybody have a great scrappy day!!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to ScrapOfRobin

Hey y’all. Hope everyone is having a great day. I have been trying to finish up my scrap room. Boy this was a bigger mess than I thought. I’m almost done though..Yay!! So that means I can start crafting again.

Kuke~ RAK means Random Act of Kindness. Some hosts of challenges offer a small RAK from their own stash to the winners. ATC’s are Artist Trading Cards. Small cards about the size of a deck of cards or a credit card of techniques and such. Think small sb page. Then they swap them around to others. I have seen several challenges lately for these. I myself haven’t made any but they do look cute and fun.

Robin~ Hey there!! It’s great to have more people to join in. I’m like you I’ve lived else where but right here is HOME! If there is anything we can help you with just holler at us. I’m sure between all of us we can come up with an answer or help to direct you to the right path. Hehee. This is a great site for inspiration and learning new things. I’ve only been scrapping regularly for a couple years and have learned SO much from here. I hope you join in on the challenge.

Well I’m off to catch up on other threads. Have a great day.

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to Monica Jo

• Monica Jo Said:
Wow! It’s great to see this thread going again. Wooohooo welcome

Stefany~ Sounds like it is going to be a great page. I sometimes have to just step a way for a while. Maybe even go to another project then it may hit me what it needs. That’s the main reason I have several things going at any given time. If you want you could upload what you have and post it here and maybe we could throw out some ideas for you. Just a thought.

Wimpy~ So glad you jumped it. Of course we don’t mind a beginner. We all were at one time. I still am and I’ve been scrapping seriously for almost 3 years. I have been trying to get my Scrap/craft room re organized too. It has been a chore. Trying to find a system that works for me and how to store it. it’s a big job. I feel for ya hun. I like to keep mine out where I can see it too. I like the peg board idea. I am in the process of designing a magnet board to put over my table to have a place to put inspirational clips I’ve cut from magazines and such. Plus I like to display the last page I make so I can look at it for a bit instead of putting it straight into the album, KWIM??

Cherie~ Welcome to the thread. You are more than welcome here. We don’t have to live in Ky now to be a part of it. A love of Ky will do for us. Heehee. Hope you join into the up coming Challenges we are working on.

As for the challenges….I want everyone to throw out ideas. Maybe each month we can have a different host..up to yall. Not sure about RAK yet…what do yall think??

Ok so this is the 6th..we will go one month at a time. So due date Aug 6th. Is that ok with everyone.

Since this is the Ky thread and our 1st challenge how about a Ky themed Challenge. Let Ky be your subject. “My Kentucky Home” “State Bird” “Vacation spot” Anything that has to do with Ky.

It could be any size page. 2 pager. Digi or traditional Or even a card or altered project.

How does that sound? I want to make this fun for all so if you have any other suggestion or if I’ve left anything out just let me know.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend…

Oh one more thing. If you have a blog I would like to be able to add you to my list and follow along. Mine is listed in my siggy. Stop by anytime.

The challenge sounds great! I just posted a lo of the old house I grew up in, so I think I will use the lo I am working on now for the challenge, that will go great, don't you think?

Robin, glad to see ya here!

Hi, kuke!

I am also working on some of my boys( teens) baby pics. Everyone told me when I started scrapping, to start with now, and do the older ones when I can , and it is working out. I just wish I had started when they were litte, so many memories I have forgotten.

Edited by stefanyb123 on 07-09-08 03:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123

wimpygirl, I just got a scraproom in Jan, and finally got to paint it last week! I did put up a peg board, and I like it. I use more for tools, scissors, etc. I also got a bunch of shelves, and brackets super cheap at Lowe's and they are great to keep everything in the open. When I get it clean, I'll post a pic,lol.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Stefany, I cant wait to see the pages. I think that would be great.

I think I am finished with my room for now. There are a couple things I want to do just to decorate it up, But I was mainly concentrating on organizing right now. If you want to take a peak of it you can go to my gallery and look at the "Work in Progress" album. There are pics in there from the last couple years as my supplies have grown. I started out in one corner of the rooom and have grown to take the room over. I jsut uploaded a few recent pic the other day. Noting I have is fancy by no means. Just odds and ends furniture and shelves that were sitting in our shed or I've found at yard sales and such. So right now nothing matches. I do plan to paint everything soon to give it a more cohesive feel.

Off to catch up on other threads. Have a great day.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to KyBrenda

Hello, I am posting this in a couple different threads and on a couple different sites so if you see it more than once you will know why.

I am in need of some ideas and who better to ask than my closest scrappy, creative friends.

As some of you may already know a dear friend of mine had an ATV accident a few weeks back and lost her arm. She was in the hospital for more than 2 weeks. She is now home with her family and trying to adjust. I want to do something special for her but am having a block. I would like to give her and her family (Her hubby and three teenage daughters) something nice. This is where I need help. I have came up with a few ideas but none of them really seem to click to me, KWIM.

So far my ideas are;
~ Various gift cards, i.e.… restaurants, or the Mall,
~Movie passes

At first I had thought of getting her something like a Woman’s devotional Bible, Chicken Soup for Women, or a Day Spa visit. Then I decided I want to do something for the whole family but wouldn’t know what to do for them if I got her those things.

If you have any ideas please PM or Email me. It would mean so much to me. Thanks

Edited by Monica Jo on 07-11-08 02:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to Monica Jo

Monica, sorry to hear about your friend's accident, I haven't heard about it. I had thumb joint surgery 2yrs ago, had hand in a cast up to elbow, and I was pretty helpless. You can't imagine all the things that you need two hands for. I loved a pedicure, because I like to wear sandals. Also, some cute shorts or crop pants with elastic waist, because I could not do zippers or buttons. A home cooked meal brought in for family, also nice! Hope she is doing ok!!

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 07-12-08 01:32 PM
In response to wimpygirl

monica, i definitely like the spa day idea for her. but i understand wanting to do something for the family too. i think just a great homecooked meal with all the works would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

i'm really sorry to hear about the accident and hope all is going as well as it can be. she and her family are in my prayers.

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to kuke

Monica, thats great that you are thinking of this family at a time when they need it. I just couldn't imagine going through all that. I, too, had a cast and it is amazing at all you need 2 hands for.

I am sure they will appreciate anything that you do. Food items would be needed,of course, or restaurant gc,like you said. She will probaly have a lot of Dr.'s appointments so maybe offer to help drive her or the kids. I know my 2 teens keep me on the road constantly.

There is a website that has tools for hanicapable people, I used it for a friends child. I can't remember it, but that site was awesome. They had stuff that you wouldn't ever dream of, but would be really handy. I will do a google search to find it.

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123

Ok, here it is:

http://www.brokenbeauties.com/comfort-mobility/livi ng-w...

They have so many useful thoughtful items, even some hot pink leopard print walkers! I know she doesn't need that, just saying, ;). There are a lot of everyday items to help open doors, cans, type,etc.

navy.wife_2004
Tenant
navy.wife_2004
In response to kuke

hey! i'm from western kentucky, same place monica jo is from...tho i reside in virginia, (navy wife), kentucky is my home!!! I wanted to join in and say hello. hope all is doing well!

ScrapOfRobin
Expert
ScrapOfRobin
In response to navy.wife_2004

Hello navy.wife and welcome!!

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to ScrapOfRobin

Hi, everyone! I am going to finish my lo today, just have to glue a few things down. I got a streak of inspiration last night, and done a lo of my son when he was a baby. I usually take f-o-r-e-v-e-r-- to do a lo, but I finished it in a half an hour. I'll post it also.

How is everyone doing?

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Thanks so much for all the ideas, thoughts and prayers for her and her family. She mentioned about how many ppl were praying for them the other day, and how special it was. She wishs she could thank each person personally. I told her she has NO idea how many ppl are praying...heehee So to all of you from her..THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS

Kristy..YAYAY!! I am so glad you popped in here.

NavyWife is my cousin. I was hoping she would join in here. You all should check her stuff out. She is an AWESOME photographer. I LOVE her work.

Cant wait to see the pages all. I am working on a mini quote album for my friend right now then hope to get some pages and altered items done.

Have a great day.

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to Monica Jo

How is everyone this beautiful Saturday? I am hopiing to get some work on my scraproom done today, dh is off today(rare) and has agreed to help! I bought some long shelves at Lowe's and we need to hang them. They were really cheap,and once I painted them, they look great.

Glad to hear your friend is doing good, Monica.

What's everyone else doing today?

Edited by stefanyb123 on 07-19-08 05:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

OH wow Stef, Have tons of fun in your scrap room. Kudos to Hubby for helping out.

Trent said something last night about doing some farm work or something today..But hes still in bed and I am in no hurry for him to wake up. heehee. Other than that I dont know what we will be doing today or tomm.

leeanne1966
Diva
leeanne1966
In response to Monica Jo

I AM FROM EASTERN KY

New Kid On the Block
In response to leeanne1966

Hey all you KY girls! Just thought I would post about a fall retreat being held in Jamestown, KY.

Registrations have opened for the Lake Cumberland Scrapbook Fall Retreat 08. The retreat is being held by Scrapbook Memories in Russell Springs, KY. at the Lake Cumberland State Resort Park in Jamestown KY. It's an awesome scrapping retreat by the lake! Everyone will enjoy awesome goodie bags,make and takes and a lake view! Thousands of $ in prizes are given away at the LCSR events...so you won't want to miss it!

November 14th, 15th and 16th!

Log onto the forums at www.iscrapbookmemories.com to find out more info or call 270-866-8660. Our website is in the middle of being redesigned so retreat info is located in the forums. Or e-mail [email protected]

It's always fun to meet new scrappers! We can't wait to see you there!

This is an awesome retreat! Tons of prizes and fun. Goodies bags for everyone that attends too.

sandee56
Resident
sandee56
In response to twistedscissors

Hello to all of the wonderful KY ladies. I dont live in Ky any more but my heart is still there. I have lived in MS for the past 30 years but KY will always be my home. I grew up in Carlisle, then moved to Paducah. I have sisters in Campbellsville and a brother in West Paducah.Cousins are scattered through out. I have been reading the thread and just wanted to say Hi. Kinda makes me feel at home just reading where you are. Have a great Day....

dreamin
New Kid On the Block
dreamin
In response to sandee56

Wow! I've been gone for a it and this tread has really taken off! Nice to see so many fellow Kentucky ladies on here!

Sandee, you grew up down the road from me, I'm in Fancy Farm. You're probably the only person on this tread who has ever heard of my town! LOL

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 08-15-08 05:28 PM
In response to dreamin

waves hi from southeastern ky.

i didn't get my challenge page done. i haven't been doing any new pages, but have been posting old pages i worked on several years ago--they are very plain and simple.

things are busy for me IRL. but please keep posting challenges here, i'm sure i'll get to do something.

CherieRN
Veteran
CherieRN
In response to kuke

Wishin I was in Kentucky..... It's raining cats and dogs here... and the "hurricaine/tropical storm" is still 300+ miles away The kids are happy.... school is cancelled tomorrow.

Have a good week everyone......

CherieRN
Veteran
CherieRN

Is anyone thinking about attending this retreat? Or have you been to it before?

CherieRN
Veteran
CherieRN

• twistedscissors Said:
Hey all you KY girls! Just thought I would post about a fall retreat being held in Jamestown, KY.

Registrations have opened for the Lake Cumberland Scrapbook Fall Retreat 08. The retreat is being held by Scrapbook Memories in Russell Springs, KY. at the Lake Cumberland State Resort Park in Jamestown KY. It's an awesome scrapping retreat by the lake! Everyone will enjoy awesome goodie bags,make and takes and a lake view! Thousands of $ in prizes are given away at the LCSR events...so you won't want to miss it!

November 14th, 15th and 16th!

Log onto the forums at www.iscrapbookmemories.com to find out more info or call 270-866-8660. Our website is in the middle of being redesigned so retreat info is located in the forums. Or e-mail [email protected]

It's always fun to meet new scrappers! We can't wait to see you there!

This is an awesome retreat! Tons of prizes and fun. Goodies bags for everyone that attends too.

Sorry, I forgot to quote the post

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to CherieRN

Hey all...So sorry to go MIA. I didnt get my page finished either. With back to school and the boys starting baseball and home remodeling...UGH things are CRAZY BUSY. I will try to be back later this evening to try to get caught back up.

Hello to the new ones...Jump right in..Its great to see this thread hopping again.

Hugs too all

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 08-21-08 12:04 PM
In response to CherieRN

cheri, sorry i'm not any help. i have never been to that retreat and don't plan on going this year. i do hope to get to some kind of scrapbooking retreat or wknd type thingy sometime soon though.

hope you dry out soon there in florida---my dad, stepmom and youngest brother are in st lucie county and are sick of the rain too! i have another brother near orlando and he is getting it too. hopefully it will move along soon!

sandee56
Resident
sandee56
In response to dreamin

Hey. Yes we could throw horse shoes at each other from our back yards. Isnt it a small world. I love meeting people from home, That is why i like this thread. It helps keep me connected.

sandee56
Resident
sandee56
In response to CherieRN

Hey Cherie...Hold down the fort while that storm is blowing through cause i think we are going to get it after you. Gulfport is in for some of it to. But i think you are getting the worst of it. I hope it down grades before it hits us. Keep n touch.

chzypoof2
Tenant
chzypoof2
In response to sandee56

Hi Ladies...I am a newbie and I am from Louisville, KY...Just thought i would say hello!

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 09-03-08 04:36 PM
In response to chzypoof2

hi chzypoof! welcome. we are kinda slow as far as posting on this board, but we're trying to get better!!

chzypoof2
Tenant
chzypoof2
In response to kuke

• kuke Said:
hi chzypoof! welcome. we are kinda slow as far as posting on this board, but we're trying to get better!!

No problem, I'll check back every once in awhile too...!!

meluv2scrap
Veteran
meluv2scrap

I am a proud Kentucky girl!!! Grew up in Princeton, KY. Since 2000 I have lived in Washington State, Indiana and Alabama, but Kentucky will always be home.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to meluv2scrap

Hey all. Sorry to go MIA for a while. Things got NUTZO around here.

Hope to get back to scrapping soon.

Did everyone have a great Halloween?

landa1952
Tenant
landa1952
In response to Monica Jo

lets do a swap together, just gool ol Ky girls.
index card anything to get to know each other.
What if i host a get together maybe at the Ky Dam. i think i still have pull to get a good deal on rooms and a place to scrap

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to landa1952

• landa1952 Said:
lets do a swap together, just gool ol Ky girls.
index card anything to get to know each other.
What if i host a get together maybe at the Ky Dam. i think i still have pull to get a good deal on rooms and a place to scrap

Yep, that's what I was afraid of...too far away for me

landa1952
Tenant
landa1952
In response to Crystal B.

btt
If I host a index card swap would you Ky girls play? this way we would have a way of keeping intouch with each other.
landa, western ky

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 11-20-08 08:19 AM
In response to landa1952

i'm not sure what an index card swap is, but i'm game. i just can't travel and stay anywhere--is this something we could do and maybe send to each other electronically?

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 12-05-08 11:57 AM
In response to kuke

does anyone in southeastern kentucky have a picture/photo scanner that you can feed photos into (rather than having to lift the lid and change the photo after every scan) that they'd be willing to let me rent?

ibby1970
Tenant
ibby1970
In response to kuke

I just wanted to let everyone know that Creating Keepsakes is having a convention in Louisville on March 26, 27 & 28, 2009. The link to classes and to register is:

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Agenda.aspx?e=e75033...

or

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/events/louisville.html

Edited by ibby1970 on 12-25-08 10:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to ibby1970

I'm in Louisville~!!!

ibby1970
Tenant
ibby1970
In response to Just G

Cool! Are you attending the convention? We are so excited that its finally coming to Louisville. We are a bit disappointed that Quick Quotes, Latest and Greatest with BasicGrey and a few others are not listed, but it should be lots of fun. We're starting to save our money now! LOL

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to ibby1970

Be safe my Ky Scrappy Sisters. We just got power back on last night. I am thinking of you all.

Hugs, prayers and cyber blankets for warmth to you all.

Jennifer
Veteran
 Jennifer
In response to KyBrenda

I'm in Louisville and my Momma lives in Somerset....Holla!

CroppinCabin
Resident
CroppinCabin
In response to Jennifer

Calling all Kentucky Girls.... anyone interested in a weekend retreat?

Her.Own.Fairytale
Veteran
Her.Own.Fairytale
In response to KyBrenda

OMG!!! There ARE scrappers in KY besides myself! Add me ladies... I'm near E-town!

CroppinCabin
Resident
CroppinCabin
In response to Her.Own.Fairytale

Just got my paperwork from CKC... They are coming back to Louisville in March!! I'll have a booth for the Retreat to Complete Cabin.... Maybe if I take hubby, he can man the booth while I shop, shop, shop.... LOL

Jennifer
Veteran
 Jennifer
In response to CroppinCabin

I think we should do a round-robin scrapbooking club. I used to have on in Taylorsville, but then moved to Louisville a few years ago.

I'm going to CKC with my Momma & some friends...we should meet up!

Jennifer
Veteran
 Jennifer
In response to KyBrenda

Here is some info on a Scrapbook Event going on in Louisville.....Make check payable to FUND FOR THE EYES!

Date: February 19, 2011

First Alliance Church
3726 Bardstown Road (just 2 doors down from John E’s)

Time: 9:00 A.M. TO 9:00 P.M.

Cost - Prepay $30 & Onsite $35

Food, Rummage Tables, Prize Closet, Vendor Shopping, Silent Auction and much more!

You don't want to miss out so get your registration in early.

Cheryl Harrington, Secretary
241-1691
[email protected]

Page 5 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics