Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Book of Me - Ideas and Inspiration!        (Topic#1374780)
BarbL
BarbL 
New Kid On the Block
BarbL
  • BarbL on 07-26-07 11:33 AM
In response to jnifr

Hi everyone
I have a BOM - only mine is called Voyage. It's alot of fun to do but it can be a bit hard. Your ideas are wonderful, but what you first need to decide is what size. Some of my fellow voyagers did their books 8X8 and some did the 12x12 size. The topics we did were:
yesterday, today, tomorrow (then, now, later)
it's about you then, etc.
favorite media: books, music, TV shows
A different view: how someone else thinks of you
places I've lived ( home sweet home)
careers
my roots
101 things I love
favorite season
I love.. (example life etc)
and more

Phunkie Fresh
Veteran
Phunkie Fresh
In response to KerriLynn

OK, i didnt read all 4 pages so I dont know what all has been posted but I have alot of inspiration stuff for a book of me.

saw this in a scrappin mag:

trace your hands on patterned paper and cut out, put on cardstock and the title is: My hands get jealous of all the work my brain does. the journaling that was used at the bottom was "what is it about crafting(i would rather say scrapbooking) that makes it a great way to express your creativity? And maybe on the side or something you could do These hands...

like, for me I said "these hands....play music, paint, sketch, worship God... and it would be really cute in strips of paper across the hands.

If youre going to do a page about your aspirations and dreams, i like this quote:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.-Eleanoor rooselvelt

another idea:
Me everyday and a few things I like...

scrapbook about the everyday you. what you do and incorporate things you like that you use,eat, wear, listen to everyday.

What makes me a scrap-o-holic?

scrapbook about what makes you unique. i like this quote by bette midler: Cherish forever what makes you unique, cause you're really a yawn if it goes.

Scrapbook about your talents. This quote inspires me alot.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I used everything you gave me." -Erma Bombeck

OK, for this page would be m is for...

magic
music
meldoy
madi

so (your initial here) is for...and then find a whole bunch of verbs, nouns, and ajectives that relate to and describe you.

at(your agae here) i am...

ex. at 17 i am...
a model(yes, i really do model)
a scrapbooker
a pk
a fan of Frank sinatra
a fashion junkie

10 things I love at age (your age here)

or you can do for ex. 17 things i love at 17.

Hope I could help. A good bok for inspiration for a bom is THE ME BOOK featuring:

nia reddy
cathy blackstone
jen lessinger
leslie lightfoot
lia russo
veronica ponce
renee camacho
jennifer mcguire
carrie colbert batt
tina barriscale
desiree mcClellan
elsie flannigan <3
MArgie Scherschligt

ScrapnRNICU
Expert
ScrapnRNICU
In response to Kalamela

kisses kisses kisses kisses

hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone for this amazing inspriational thread!!!

....gotta get busy on a book about me!!

Cynful
Cynful 
Tenant
Cynful
In response to ScrapnRNICU

I read most of the pages, but wasn't sure I saw this idea. do a page of your favourite family recipe and include who's recipe it is. You can even take it further and add the most memorable time that the family had it.

I took this idea a little further and asked my family to add their most memorable moments, recipes and memories to a journal and to pass it on to another member of our family when they are done. When the book is complete, I will give it to my daughter who is now 3 months old. We live so far from most of our family that I wanted her to have a way to get to know them all. It is like taking a "book of me" from each family member and putting it into one for her. I think we will all enjoy it.

Live, laugh, love
Cynthia

Phunkie Fresh
Veteran
Phunkie Fresh
In response to Cynful

Good idea!

ScrapKath
Veteran
ScrapKath
In response to Phunkie Fresh

Wow....this is great! Can't wait to get started on a BOM.

BootSctn4fun
Guru
BootSctn4fun
In response to ScrapKath

I'm considering a BOM too. I got the idea from a book a friend of mine let me borrow. I'm putting down all my journaling and sketches of LO's in a notebook that I can keep handy whenever thoughts come to mind that I'd like to include in the book.
An idea the book suggested is create a page about your "favorite toys", I'm going to include my mac,and ipod in thsi page. As well as a place I like to go and relex and for me its sitting on park swings, so I'm going to take a picture of a single swing in the late afternoon when the sun is in the west, and change it to black and white for the LO.

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to BootSctn4fun

My Bom is in progress and my title is IT's My Life, taken form the Bon Jovi song as i do it i try to incoroporate songs i've loved though out my life

scrapmemories07
New Kid On the Block
scrapmemories07
In response to Megan - ForumTech

how far back would you start your BOM. I've thought about taking my baby photos and and making a complete book about me as a baby and growing up. i have a DS so i'm anxiouse to scrap a girl hah.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to scrapmemories07

I am starting a BOM and I am doing baby photos and big events of my entire life.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to tina c

In my Scrapbooks Etc mag this month there was a great 2 page layout called "My Top 10"

There were 8-10 wallet size b&w photos (portrait) about midway on the b/g paper then a ribbon border under those and then each photo had a "top 10" list of Favorite Movies, Foods, Colors, Actors, Books, etc

It was a very good way to fit alot of info into 1 LO

This has inspired me to start a BOM ...that and the "My Star Sign" LO by Syn Palmer.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to Just G

I had never before considered a Book of Me for ME! I always thought it was something a child made for themselves.

But now, after reading all these wonderful suggestions, I'd like to start two Books of Me -- one for each of my sons.

The books would not be something I would share with them while I am making them. Instead, they will be an ongoing project that, hopefully, will serve as a bit of family legacy after I die. I just need to make sure that I store them in a place where they will be found and not hastily thrown out.

Happy2Scrap1
Tenant
Happy2Scrap1

I started a bom last night and I decided I am going to do a page about my tattoos,why I goth them, what they mean

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to rubyc

It is a book about you so do what you want. If you want to have different colors, use different colors. You decide how many pages you want...I have a book I can add pages to so as I add to my book, I can add pages. The key is to do what you feel like doing at this point and time. We all change so our books about ourselves will change with us.

Scrappingal03
New Kid On the Block
Scrappingal03
In response to Kalamela

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas!! I have been working on scrapbooks for everything lately except for myself. I finally decided last week that it was time to make one for myself. Something that my children can look at when I'm gone, show their kids, who can show their kids.. etc. But I kept coming to a blank on how I would get started, or even what I would include.. besides pictures obviously! All of these wonderful ideas are running through my head now though... thank you sooo much!! I am going to start on mine tonight! =]

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-09-07 05:46 PM
In response to Scrappingal03

Some parts of my BOM include

1) My birthday-when I was born time, where, facts about my birth, I also attached the address of the hospital. I also included my birth-season as well
2) My sign.
3) I haven't started on this part yet but I'm going to make a personal page and journal things that not a lot of people know about me.

Psyndi
Psyndi 
Idol
Psyndi

There are some wonderful ideas here. I have been wanting to do something like this for my son. Both of my parents past before they could meet him. My mom at 49 and dad at 59, so he will never really know how wonderful they were. Since I wait so long to have him, 36, I fear that the same might happen. So I have been wanting to do something like this.

Thank for the inspiration.

I want mine to go in the direction of showing all the stages of my life, my likes, dislikes, travels, and passions. There are some great ideas here and I can't wait to try some of them out.

I have my first page complete. I just thought that I would share it with the group.

Link

My January Chalenges

Jan. Color Challenge
Jan. Multiple pic. +6
Jan. We love flowers
Jan scrap your name

tristasue
Tenant
tristasue

HERE YOU GO EVERYONE...

1)your favorite color and where you find it in the world
2)now and then
3)quotes, sayings, thoughts, poems
4)what makes you happy?/favorite things
5)your favorite book
6)your clothing/personal style
7)how you spend your day usually
8)A-Z about you (a letter for each adjective describing you)
9)what would you do if you won a million dollars?
10)your collections
11)the things you want to do before you die
12)one song that describes your life and why
13)why do you scrapbook
14)what are you afraid of?/fears and phobias
15)what animal best represents you and why
16)what color best represents you and why
17)5 things you use every day/5 things you can't live without
18)favorite day of the week and why
19)your tallents
20)the sights you see while taking a walk/run
21)how you've changed since you were a kid (what's different? what's the same?)
22)showcase your team spirit for a favorite sports team
23)how do you take your coffee, eggs, steak, etc.
24)what your day at school/work is like
25)where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 20 years
26)your hero(s)
27)your circle of friends
28)each letter of your name is an adjective describing you
29)what are you obsessed with?
30)words you and your friends use a lot or have made up
31)sitting at home with your significant other, watching a movie and enjoying popcorn
32)your house (the rooms, the outside, etc)
33)a weekly ritual you do
34)capture the beauty of each individual season
35)the decades you have lived in and what they were like (what did you dress like? etc)
36)a lesson/the lessons you have learned so far in life
37)neat items in your jewelry box
38)what do you enjoy doing when you're alone?
39)your nicknames, what they mean, and who calls you by them
40)your goals
41)your car and how you make it look unique
42)cool/unique items of clothing in your closet
43)bad habbits you want to get rid of
44)your best friend and why you love him/her
45)you and your siblings
46)write your love story
47)how you feel about nature
48)your beliefs (religious, political, etc)
49)your tatoos/piercings
50)your favorite scents (and where you find them)
51)favorite celebrities and what you like about them
52)a funny joke/inside joke
53)pet peeves
54)what you do/did on a rainy day
55)your physical features and which parent/grandparent you got each feaure from
56)a shopping trip/what you love to shop for
57)your favorite nick-nacks
58)best thing about being the age you are
59)preparing/cooking a meal
60)self portrait (take pictures of various body parts- feet, hands, etc- and describe why they are unique)
61)your zodiac sign
62)things that bring you luck (trinkets, numbers, etc)
63)highlight events that happen in each month
64)the view outside your window
65)a magic trick you or your friend knows
66)your political party/thoughts on the election
67)an award you won
68)your neighbors
69)your heritage
70)your family members and what each of them is currently involved with/doing in their lives
71)a few examples of you wearing a color that you usually wear
72)your favorite childhood toy/what is it that comforts you now?
73)the little things that cheer you up/make you smile when you are sad
74)your quarks/personality (how do other people see you? then contrast with how you see yourself)
75)where you live (how long have you lived there? if you grew up there, what was it like? how has it changed? what's it like compared to other places? what do other people think about it? etc)

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to tristasue

Wow tristasue, this is great ... Thanks.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to tina c

Tristasue, you are such an to take the time and compile that list! I'll have to copy and print it out for ideas for mine.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

tristasue
Tenant
tristasue
In response to MomWolf

oh, you are all so welcome.

it makes me so glad to share ideas that inspire other people to scrapbook!

and...

i'm working on some more. i'll post when i get another 75 or so... so keep checking the forum!

thanks!

--Trista

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to tristasue

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to lilmrmaid

How about: Your favorite childhood toy(s)?

Do you still have them? What shape are they in?

Mine would be my first stuffed animals (Little Boy Bunny and Little Girl Bunny from my Grandmaw and Grandpaw--Dad's parents--for my first Easter, when I was about 6 months old). Also my first Winnie the Pooh (when I was 4 yrs old, from Santa). And I still have all three of them! They're worse for wear, but I wouldn't part with them for anything!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Kalamela

great ideas!

Sherri-Craftymom
Veteran
Sherri-Craftymom

Wow just wanted to thank you for this great thread, I so want to start on a book like this and there are tonnes of ideas here ~ Scrapbook.com scrappers rock!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-04-08 09:18 AM
In response to Sherri-Craftymom

Thank you for the ideas. I'm actually using some of them in a tribute album to my grandmother. I get a lot of my quirks, personality traits, and ideas of the world from her (now that I look back). It seems it will be a BOM through my grandmother - I've already started the journaling and the first page. The more I read on here the more page ideas I get.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Crystal Lullaby

This is such an awesome thread... I think BOM's are the most facinating scrapbooks!

I have recently started a BOM (my first LO is here ). Here is my dilemma... it's a 9x9; I find the smaller albums easier to work with than the 12x12's. However, there are so many really cool papers that can only be used in a 12x12 b/c the design can't be cut. (My current favorite paper like that is the Rusty Pickle Pirate Princess collection.) I'm tempted to start another BOM in a 12x12 size so that I can play with the cool papers, but I don't want to "waste" the lo I've already done. So... I'm considering having 2 BOM's, but I don't know how to make them 'different'. I guess I really don't know how to explain what I mean! I don't want to have the same topics in both; I'd like them to each have their own feel. Any suggestions?? Thanks for letting me ramble!

Edited by *jesse* on 02-07-08 07:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to *jesse*

Just fill up the 9 x 9 that you are currently working on, then start the 12 x 12. Just mark the smaller one as "Book One" and the larger as "Book Two."

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
This is such an awesome thread... I think BOM's are the most facinating scrapbooks!

I have recently started a BOM (my first LO is here ). Here is my dilemma... it's a 9x9; I find the smaller albums easier to work with than the 12x12's. However, there are so many really cool papers that can only be used in a 12x12 b/c the design can't be cut. (My current favorite paper like that is the Rusty Pickle Pirate Princess collection.) I'm tempted to start another BOM in a 12x12 size so that I can play with the cool papers, but I don't want to "waste" the lo I've already done. So... I'm considering having 2 BOM's, but I don't know how to make them 'different'. I guess I really don't know how to explain what I mean! I don't want to have the same topics in both; I'd like them to each have their own feel. Any suggestions?? Thanks for letting me ramble!

Or you could put the 9x9 layout onto some 12x12 paper and put it into your 12x12 album and use the 9x9 album for something else. I have done that before.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to *jesse*

I would glue the 9x9 right onto new 12x12 cardstock....maybe add some 'decoration' in the margins. You could glue them off center, in the middle...let your creativity take over.

CrazyMango
Expert
CrazyMango
In response to Sunnydi

Saving this thread to my list of favorite topics! Thank you for the great ideas!!!

Edited by CrazyMango on 02-10-08 05:11 PM. Reason for edit: typo

NJHeart2Heart
Tenant
NJHeart2Heart
In response to Kalamela

Here are some ideas I don't think I saw above..

My Mission Statement
My most important values
Goals for ____ year
Roles I've played over the years.
My favorite place

latinascrapper
Veteran
latinascrapper
In response to NJHeart2Heart

Hi All,
here is a link to my gallery, I did a bom last year and one of the pages that were the most fun was one about the things I like at that very moment... it includes pictures, tags, tea packs, scrap supplies labels, etc. I thought it would be a lot of fun to look back at it and see how things change over the years... Just a suggestions.

Have fun doing your BOMs!

Cris

Link

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Kalamela

There are alot of great ideas in here. I'm going to need more than 1 album!!!

My next big thing....My Theme Song

MissTiffene
Guru
MissTiffene
In response to Just G

Wow that has really helped! I had a little scrappers block!

keeperkwill
Diva
keeperkwill
In response to Kalamela

i'm doing a bom and i needed all of these ideas to jump start me!

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to Just G

• GTGW Said:
There are alot of great ideas in here. I'm going to need more than 1 album!!!

My next big thing....My Theme Song

Cool topic....I just don't know what mine would be.

JayJay77
Veteran
JayJay77
In response to MomWolf

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but there's a great thread going on the General Scrapbooking forum about childhood memories. It's a great idea for a layout (or several!) or an entire themed BOM. I've gotten lots of great ideas about things to scrap for my own BOM from it.

~Jen

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to JayJay77

This is a great topic! I started my BOM earlier this year and there are so many more ideas here to add to it. I have saved this in my favorites!

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper
In response to JayJay77

• JayJay77 Said:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but there's a great thread going on the General Scrapbooking forum about childhood memories. It's a great idea for a layout (or several!) or an entire themed BOM. I've gotten lots of great ideas about things to scrap for my own BOM from it.

~Jen

Thanks for the tip!!!

vbbabq 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Jennasmomma

I am just starting my BOM and this list is wonderful, I got some ideas just reading thru the list.

Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day

Virginia

PeaceOfMind
Resident
PeaceOfMind
In response to jnifr

Thanks!! mUCHO gRANDE!! hate CAP lok..... grrr!

kiwiholly
Expert
kiwiholly
In response to IamSamScrapper

I think hthis might just be my new favourite thread! After I've finished my friend's 21st present I think I'm going to start my BOM up again.

gsllpeck
New Kid On the Block
gsllpeck

Some of the funest little personal "all about me" mini-books I have made are the one's that contained lists on a varieth of subjects. Not just lists of questions about the individual, but fun lists as well - "top ten movies of all time", "way's to survive a shark bite", etc. Also, if you include some interactive elements - a round wheel that has an opening so that when turned around (attached with a brad in the center)will reveal a question or saying, or whatever you want. Slider pages work well with this as well. It is just a fun way not only to create but fun to receive and fill out!!!!

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 09-24-08 10:15 PM
In response to Happy2Scrap1

Tattoo page for my BOM. I have saved all of my tattoo artist's cards, finally I have a place for them.

New Kid On the Block

Does anyone have any ideas for a title for a book of me scrapbook? I have been racking my brain trying to think of a fun, catchy title.

Thanks for the help!

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to CStraka

Well, mine is neither fun or catchy. I just glued colorful chipboard letters to the outside cover of a black 12 x 12 album.

In response to MomWolf

I don't do many layouts about just me, although I've recently determined I am going to. I might eventually get to a whole album, mini or otherwise.

What really got me inspired to start was this past weekend. After having an emotionally wrecked weekend, and having been a long-time fighter of self-esteem issues, I am making a page called "Today" and it has a big pic of me, and simply lists all the things I am promising to myself. ie) Today I promise to love myself for who I am, etc. and it goes into more details.

After I finish it, it will be one of the most meaningful pages I have ever created.

lalalovesscrappin
Tenant
lalalovesscrappin
In response to AndreaO

I never really thought about doing a book of me....but I did do a two page layout of 12 pockets that hold mini pics of all the things and people that describe that pockets title

The page is titled with:

Do what makes you happy, Be with who makes you smile
Sing as if no one is listening, Dance as is no one can see
Laugh as much as you breathe, Love as long as you live!

Sub Titles:
Our Wedding Day
My Husband
My Children
My Critters
My Family
My friends
My Crafty side
My singing "career"
Love the Seasons
Lisa's Picks
Favorite eats
Favorite Treats

I have included the year because I would like to do a similiar LO every few years and see how the categories change

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to lalalovesscrappin

Cool ideas, Lisa!

mommy3girls
Veteran
mommy3girls
In response to MomWolf

WOW...I never thought of doing a bom....but with all these wonderful ideas, how can I not?...

Thanks

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery
In response to mommy3girls

Ok...count me in too!

Hello ladies!
I'm JUST now starting to do pages of myself when I was a kid! Like today!

Thanks for all of the info and brain storming ideas on this entire thread!

Back soon!
Celia

Do you post your pages here too?
Anyone care to PM me and fill me in on anything?
THANKS!
Celia

grandmabear
Resident
grandmabear
In response to gg loves Matthew

My problem has been doing stuff for m/self instead of making other people items. I'm trying to work on that now,s-bk 1973-75 living in Canada etc.

reeree012
Tenant
reeree012
In response to Kalamela

WOW!! These are some long lists! mine only has one idea, and it kind of incoorporates all of the ideas in the other posts, but you could interview yourself at the front of your album and then have all of the individial lo like in the posts above after the interview page. You could get really detailed in your interview as well as just the basics.

Guru
In response to reeree012

I have absolutely NO pictures of me more than about 18 months old. However I'm considering starting one of these covering my life from the present on forward. I like the lists and will come back and write down some of the ideas at a later time when I've got something more than scratch paper to write on. I just picked up an album at GoodWill not long ago that I paid 99 cents for that I can use.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to moodymolly

I'm completely out of photos of self, but I continue - my BOM is interspersed with pages that are strictly journaling, recounting stories of my youth. My first BOM covered the first 25 years of my life, my second BOM from age 26 to 50 (present), so I guess I'm ready to start my 3rd. The main reason I started scrapping in the first place was to preserve my own memories, just in case - I may need these books to help me piece together my own past in my old age! Mom has the Big "A", so I guess that was what was on my mind.

I've also completed about 12 or so albums of themes other than self so you don't think I'm a total narcissist!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Kalamela

I love all of the ideas I have read on here about the Book of Me. I think I may do this in 2010 once I complete the Project 365.

BlessedGloria
Veteran
BlessedGloria
In response to Kalamela

Great Ideas!!!

Wiser1
Wiser1 
Idol
Wiser1
In response to BlessedGloria

thanks for all the great ideas. I am going to start working on a BOM!

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 05-05-09 06:30 PM
In response to jnifr

I love this thread! I've been toying with this BOM idea for awhile now. One idea I read about was to try to remember every house you have ever lived in, & try to remember something about each place. I have quite a few pictures that were my parents' of places we lived when I was growing up. I can even remember quite a few of the addresses. Try to write down at least one memory of each place, & what you liked or disliked most about each place.

Scrappetizer
Veteran
Scrappetizer
In response to ghall

I am new to scrapbooking - just started in February. I surf the internet a lot in order to learn what others are doing. When I first realized that people were scrapping about themselves, I was thrilled. Not so much because of my own needs and wants, but because it means that people (women) are creating visual memoirs that document our way of life from a first person point of view. While it isn't *entirely* new in the history of the world, it is new in the sense that we have access to much better tools that let us document ourselves and our families and at a volume that wasn't previously possible. People who scrap themselves are adding to the ongoing documentation of who we are, how we live, what we do, and how we think. I think this is a phenomenon that is much under rated. If someone uncovered our society a thousand years from now I hope the volume of BOMs recovered is far greater than any of those celebrity rag magazines! The picture of who we were would be so much better, don't you think?

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 05-07-09 07:21 AM
In response to Scrappetizer

I like your take on the historical aspect of the BOM. Actually, scrapbooking in general has a historical significance. I'm always mindful of that when I am cropping photos. Things in the background like cars or signs may not be significant to the photo, but they show future generations what life was like for us now.

TammyLin
Diva
TammyLin
In response to ghall

Never thought of it that way Gail...perhaps I won't cut so much out of the photo in the future.

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 05-08-09 10:21 AM
In response to TammyLin

You could be cutting away history! I like looking at old photos & seeing that old stuff. It shows what life was like back in the day...

BranDiva
New Kid On the Block
BranDiva
In response to ghall

I'm having such a ball creating my BOM. I started it for my daughters...so they'd know who their mom was in the event that...well...you know. But I'm actually learning so much about myself doing it. And since this is Teach a Friend to Scrapbook month, I'm helping my gal pals to start their own.

6PackScrapper
Veteran
6PackScrapper
In response to Kalamela

These are fantastic ideas! I made some layouts and used Teresa Collins Family Collection pages- they are fun to fill in!

Edited by 6PackScrapper on 07-09-09 10:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to 6PackScrapper

love some of these topics, will have to give them a go myself. I've been doing a BOM for a while but can always use new ideas to give a better view of who I am/who I was to people.

bullylover
Expert
bullylover
In response to Kalamela

Great idea! I want to make one for my mom who will turn 60 in August.

pistachio
Veteran
pistachio
In response to bullylover

I keep a small album next to my bed and it is my "Make Me Happy, Make Me Smile" album (that is on the title page). The album is full of photos of people, places and things that make me happy or puts a smile on my face. The photos range from my parents high school pics to some of my baby pics to pics from my wedding. This was a very moving album to make.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Kalamela

I am so glad that I stumbled upon this post! I had a lot of scrapbooks and memory books from my years of growing up. But they are gone now...house fire destroyed most of them and a tornado destroyed the rest. I have been contemplating doing one of these books to attempt to replace all I lost. I know I'll never have exactly what I had before, but this post has given me a lot more ideas. Up until now the only ideas I had were:

(1)When and Where I was born
(2)My birth parents
(3)My little sisters (we have diffrent parents...one of my sisters and myself have the same mom, the other and I have the same father)
(4)My little brothers (we have diffrent parents...one of my brothers and myself have the same mother, the other and I have the same father)
(5)My grandparents (they raised me, and only me)
(6)Elementary school (the school, town, memories, etc.)
(7)Middle School (the school, town, memories, etc.)
(8)Highschool (the school, town, memories, etc.) but this one will be broken down into four other catagories that occured during my highschool years..."My NOT Sweet 16", "Sophomore Cancer and Chemo", "My Medical Crisis Sr. Year", and "Graduation"
(9)"Country Meets Metal at a Rodeo"--How I met my husband
(10) "Motherhood At Last"--The birth of my Oldest Son
(11) The loss of my grandfather
(12) "It's a Miracle"--I'm a Mommy Again--the birth of my youngest son
(13) "Homeschool and the 2004 Hurricane Season"--My family's first year of homeschooling and a LOT of hurricanes hit us!!
(14) "Bye Bye Battleship"--A tornado hit my house!!!

I hadn't thought about adding my interests, hobbies, music, movies, etc.

Thanni
Thanni 
Guru
Thanni
In response to pistachio

• KingMemories Said:
I keep a small album next to my bed and it is my "Make Me Happy, Make Me Smile" album (that is on the title page). The album is full of photos of people, places and things that make me happy or puts a smile on my face. The photos range from my parents high school pics to some of my baby pics to pics from my wedding. This was a very moving album to make.

This is a great and sweet idea. I think it should be one of my near-future projects

tina0319
New Kid On the Block
tina0319
In response to Thanni

I just stumbled upon this thread......kinda by accident! There's a GREAT challenge going on for this topic at Hummie's World
http://www.hummiesworld.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93
Love to have anyone that's interested in it join in

lgcsmallwood
Veteran
lgcsmallwood
In response to Kalamela

OK, WHAT IS A BOM. I HAVE BEEN SCRAPBOOKING FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS, BUT DON'T KNOW ALL THE LINGO.

lgcsmallwood
Veteran
lgcsmallwood
In response to Kalamela

Ok, I found out what a BOM is. I did one last year. Startted from birth to high school graduation. I postted in my gallery.

Edited by lgcsmallwood on 11-15-09 08:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

inkielady
Resident
inkielady
In response to Kalamela

My favorite idea for mine... is letter to a teenage me.

The idea was inspired by the smoking ad's that have been on TV lately with the people writing letters to themselves to help them quit smoking.
Love the idea....

Mariacv
Idol
Mariacv
In response to Kalamela

Thanks for this forum! Is really difficult for me to scrap about me and all your ideas are great!

RobinVoak
Resident
RobinVoak
In response to Kalamela

Wow...there are some great ideas! I'm currently working on one from when I left home at 19 going into the Air Force to now (almost 40)...what was important to me then and what's important to me now. I was so worried about small silly stuff. I'm much more confident now. I'm even including other changes such as music, food, goals etc.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to RobinVoak

while these are all great ideas, does anyone have a great title page idea? i love several of the ideas and will be incorporating them into my album, but I am looking for an over the top totally rocking cool idea for a title page for my bom. i am just starting it and will be adding the "these hands" page to it as i get closer to that part of my book, but i just need to get the title just perfect for me.

IHGirl
IHGirl 
New Kid On the Block
IHGirl
In response to flutterbye0419

wow what great ideas for a BOM. I always wanted to do one and didnt know where to start, now thanks to you all I have so many ideas running thru my head

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kalamela

This looks like a great place to get ideas for the "Me" scrapbook. I just now found this page and it just may motivate me to get going on mine again.
Thank you one and all.
Maureen

Mira Luna
Resident
Mira Luna
In response to flutterbye0419

For a title page for my "Me Album", I used my first and middle name, then wrote out the meaning of both names across the page.

Mira Luna
Resident
Mira Luna
In response to ottawascrapper

I started with the first pic. of me - 3 mo. old.

Tayrina BCStudio
Veteran
Tayrina BCStudio
In response to Mira Luna

Wowwww I didn't saw this great information here at Book Of Me! I have recently created 5 LO's of Me with a Kit that I found related to that topic.

Here there is a lot of creative and good information about creathing this kind of LO's, sometimes it is really dificult to think about positive good things about ourselfs!!

LEIALOHA
Veteran
LEIALOHA
In response to Tayrina BCStudio

I started one last year. A lady on the cricut board was hosting the challenge with weekly instruction.. very good... if anyone would like the link PM' me

retrospect
Veteran
retrospect
In response to Kalamela

I started this, but didnt get far LOL. For each of my three kids I used a bobunny 8 by 8 chipboard album and designed the album itself about each kid with their initial, then with a pic of that child and me on the cover..... so they each have their own album about me, and then i have a 12by12 of my own (for when im older, or if the inevitable happens sooner than later, for my husband ) will post pics later. Oh and neither my husband or kids know about these.... they will be secret until they/we are older.... or they have the joy (cough cough wink wink) of going through my scrap room LOL

MindyO
MindyO 
Veteran
MindyO
In response to retrospect

I can't wait to do a BOM, I just need to go to my parents house and dig out pics of me when I was a kid.... sadly, my dad took a lot of SLIDES, so it is going to take some work to find them and get them "digitized"

inmyheavenxo
New Kid On the Block
inmyheavenxo
In response to MindyO

Wow! Was directed to this thread in hopes of finding just one simple idea to fill in a few pages with in my "life" scrapbook and WOW was I floored at all of the AMAZING ideas! All of you are GREAT! Can't wait to try out a lot of these ideas!

Christine M Roberts
Guru
Christine M Roberts
In response to Kalamela

I've been working on an A-Z book of me. I'm having a blast doing it, but I see tons of great ideas on the Forum. I'm sure I'll go beyond the A-Z eventually. I don't have that many pages done. You can see a few in my gallery. Fun stuff!

beachin
Resident
beachin
In response to Christine M Roberts

I have been working on a book of me called "before I was your Mom".

I find that there is so much I want to include and so much that should NOT be included there are some tough decisions for me to make :D.
My goal is to have it done next month.

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 08-19-10 06:23 PM
In response to beachin

I have trouble figuring out what LO's belong in a book of childhood memories & what LO's belong in a BOM. How do you separate the two?

oregonart
Pro
oregonart
In response to IamSamScrapper

WOW!! I love this thread. AS many books and ideas I have of my own I just read so many others that I am dizzy. An incredible amount of work went into putting this together.

I have one to add, only because I didn't see it, but then there are so many to read so if I am repeating one please forgive me.

FIVE 5 Unique and unknown things about yourself. I am ceratin this is not my original idea, could be Stacy Julian's, just cannot remember.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to oregonart

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat

I did a LO on all the vehicles we had thru the years. I like how it came out. And you can see how it varied thru the year.

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to kajunkat

Making one right now for my parents. Have tried and tried to get mom into scrapping (her best friend does, lol) but she's not interested. Decided to make books about me, and then make some about my sisters - she has too many great pics just to be kept in boxes under end tables! The first is coming out great - and it makes me appreciate my childhood and family a lot more too!

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom
In response to Spooky29

Ineed to start working on mine too.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kalamela

Love all these ideas, especially letters to myself at different ages. I also think a good idea that goes along with family tree and grandparents is the stories about our families. The stories that get told over and over when we all get together and we laught about, or cry about. How often do these awesome stories get written down for future generations of our family? How will my grand-daughter every know about how her great-great-grandfather proposed or what life was like on the farm when her great-grandmother was growing up? Even short little anecdotes with our pictures can be a priceless addition! Keep scrapping!!

srob15
srob15 
Resident
srob15
In response to gg loves Matthew

Thanks for that list. I just used it to get the ball rolling for a LO I'm doing about myself.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to srob15

This is an awesome thread, I have started one that I called From Me to We, starting with a page titled that with a pic of me and Dh and then continuing to start with all my baby pics, only have a few pages done and was planning on doing the same for him, but after reading all these great ideas, i may just do a separate BOM with some of the pics I have and add all these wonderful ideas to it to pass to my children, so many great ideas I never even thought of! Thanks so much

New Kid On the Block

I really love this idea - never thought of doing a book of just "me". Last night my daughter "interviewed" me and vice versa. Turned out to be a fun game for us to boot!

We did all of the "Favorites" and are making a page to incorporate them all for each of us.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cris Mulezini
Pro
Cris Mulezini
In response to p8nsmom

Wow, this is such a rich font for 'about me' pages and projects! Thank you all, ladies!

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics