Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
scrapgurl14
New Kid On the Block
scrapgurl14
In response to Imnew

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I am planning on making an album to celebrate our 10th anniversary. It's pretty major for us so I want it to be really special. Any suggestions on what I can include in the album? Like what kind of photos, etc. Thanks in advance!

Haysmom98
New Kid On the Block
Haysmom98
In response to scrapgurl14

You could start with a few pages from the beginning. That is what I did for my in-laws 30th!! Hope that helps out a little!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Megan - ForumTech

how do you create pics with like a layout around tha pics on tha computer?? (without haveing to pay for anythang)??

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf

Thank you so much for providing the list! I've walked into the scrapbooking area of my local craft store, purchased a blank album and some "baby girl patterned pages" and wanted to start a book for my daughter (who is now 16 yrs old). I brought it home and was dumbfounded as to how to start the book. After watching all of the shows on TV and all the neat pages they come up with, I wrote myself off as being non-creative and said "forget it!" and put the book aside. My close girlfriend at work made a book with a few pages in it for me for this Christmas, and left plenty of blank pages and embellishments for me to finish the book. So......I am now looking for tips to finish her book and also the one for my daughter. Hopefully I can be inspired by others on this site and become creative. :smile :

SammeyG
New Kid On the Block
SammeyG
In response to MomWolf

I am new to this site. I have done 2 scrapbooks. One for a younger cousin. That one I did for her I made from a scrapbook kit that my mom gave me. My mom thought that it would be something that I would enjoy. Well I took my time on that one. The other one that I did was for my brother. Well that one I did more of a photoalbum than a scrapbook. When I gave it to for christmas one year my dads side of the family somewhat enjoyed it. So I am going to start back agin. This time I going to try to get some ideas frist before I jump back in. I went in to Walmart tonight and looked at what they had. To me it was overwhelming. I am glad that I have found this site. As one mentioned not to go overboard on supplies at frist. That is what I am going to try to do. Is not to go overboard with supplies at frist.

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33
In response to SammeyG

Hi everyone! I am new to the site and new to scrapbooking as well. I haven't bought any paper or even an album yet, but I bought an organizer and have organized all my pictures to see what I have to work with. After looking through my pictures, I think I will do my first album on my "high school years" since I have the most pictures during this time period. I am also thinking about doing an album for my grandmother of her and my grandfather (who passed away in Oct. '06) and the grandchildren. Hopefully, this will be as fun as it looks...I can't wait to get started!

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to deigh_z33

I hear everyone talking about a Cricut. Just what is it and what does it do? Also, are they necessary or is it a Lux ury?

Thanks.

scrapmoira
Resident
scrapmoira
In response to MomWolf

HI EVERYONE! I AM NEW IN SCRAPBOOKING, I WAS SO HAPPY TO FIND THIS SITE!THE BEST SCRAPBOOKING SITE! THANK YOU JILL!

amanda_a_r
New Kid On the Block
amanda_a_r

thank you for the info, Im so excited about starting scrapbooking and I already have some materials to work with.

amanda

LittleLuLu
Resident
LittleLuLu
In response to amanda_a_r

I have a question--- how do you get the "visit my place" in my signature (or any other things like icons???

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to LittleLuLu

In "my place" under profile...on the side of the screen you will see signature

arlitcoat
Tenant
arlitcoat

:smile : hi...your article helped me a lot. I just started to become interested in scrapbooking and i am really overwhelmed with lots of tools and embelishments and everything concerning scrapbooking...i have a lot of questions...if you can help me that with be great...

1. do you have any preference with computer printers? (im planning to buy the kodak 5300 bec i heard its good w/ pictures that i will use for my projects )

2. preference with inks to use in stamps?

3. can i use ordinary pens or colored pens? or everything should be acid free?

4. any good quality papers you can suggest, or anything as long as its acid free?

5. any site that sells cheap products for scrapbooking?

6. how to clean stamps after using..because i saw particular ink cleaner or alcohol or water is fine?

actually i havent started anything yet..all im doing right now is buy things that i will use..im doing this so i can organize my daughters pictures..she is now 1 yr old and id like to arrange her birth and monthly birthday pictures..pls help me so i can get started with my new passion...thank you very much.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hello..I hope that everyone is having a wonderful February so far! I am very new to this, I have been wanting to scrap book for a long time now, but just had no clue where to even start!! I am throwing my father a surprise 50th bday party and wanted to make him a scapbook, so I figured now is the time for me to learn!!

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to hot_for_hockey

Welcome to the neighborhood. Read the beginning of this thread, and browse the galleries for tons of ideas!

diamonddeb
Guru
diamonddeb

Thanks Megan for implementing "there is no wrong". I constantly compare my layouts to the ones on this site and so I haven't added many to my gallery for awhile. I do like the simplistic look and have found others that share that style. I really appreciate your input!

Edited by diamonddeb on 02-15-08 01:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

I am a newbie too and I am HOOKED. It has been so much fun going through old photographs and really getting inspired by them.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to sacredbabygirl

Welcome and enjoy your addiction!

New Kid On the Block

I would like to learn how to do digital scrapbooking ! I really don't know where to start.

Thanks
C

Angelagale
New Kid On the Block
Angelagale
In response to Josieg

Hi all!!! I'm a scrapbooking newbie. This site is awesome! I could spend days on here looking at everything.

busylady
New Kid On the Block
busylady

I am sooo new at this. I don't know where to start but am looking forward to it. I almost joined a class here in Florida but saw an article in Homearts Magazine and got really interested. Thanks for all your encouragement. Am going to do some more research tomorrow. It is too late tonight to do anything! Thanks Ladybug.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to busylady

Hello and welcome to the neighborhood!

Scrapdoll
New Kid On the Block
Scrapdoll
In response to Josieg

Hi everybody I'm new to this forum as well and new to scrapbooking. I just bought a bunch of cool stuff and I'm really excited to get it! Where does everybody do their online shopping at for supplies besides here. I also need a place to get some orginization items. Any ideas would be great. I'm also new to Arizona so anybody from Arizona feel free to email me. Thanks so much!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

chanawass
New Kid On the Block
chanawass
In response to Josieg

Hi im new here too and i was wondering where you could go to buy crafts to scrapbook without spending so much money!

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to chanawass

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Try the dollar stores, just check to make sure the materials are acid-free. Check your local craft stores, sometimes they run sales on scrapping stuff. Joann's, Michael's and in my area, Pat Catan's are good places to check.

New Kid On the Block
In response to MomWolf

I'm new to the wonderful and scary world of scrapbooking too. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the interesting tips from you guys!

MissTiffene
Guru
MissTiffene

thanks for the advice!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

hey

New Kid On the Block
In response to deanna2626

does anyone have ideas for me at all .im new at this just started up

Erinlynn
New Kid On the Block
Erinlynn
In response to craziboutscrappin

Hey guys, I'm new to this too...I love it.I'm pretty good, but i don't know what everything means. Like die cutting, and brads, and embossing. Do you need to do these things???

beth w
beth w 
Veteran
beth w
In response to Con

Hi...I'm new here too. I looked at your gallery, and you have done an awesome job!
I just started scrapbooking about a year ago, I've completed 3 books...I love it!
I feel very amature compared to the rest of everyone's work, but I'm learning, and the most important thing is that I'm enjoying myself, right? Good luck, and keep up the great work.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Like many just starting out, I am very overwhelmed with the process of getting started. Mostly because I am not the creative type (can't draw two stick figures to save my life!). Can do very well with "scraplifting" (is this PC? - they say in my LSS its is), but having a hard time coming up with my own ideas....tend to over-think the LO (getting with the lingo OK). So, my question - why has scrapbooking layouts become about only 1 picture? I am trying to do LO's that include several pictures per page as my first album is a trip to Europe and there are too many to pare it down to one per page...as it is I'm probably have two albums for this trip alone (OK, it was 6 weeks long...LOL). Any suggestions for blogs/web pages I can look at for ideas for my album in progress?? ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS/ TIPS WELCOME!

Digi Deborah
Idol
Digi Deborah
In response to Josieg

Thanks for the great info!!

Ginnie1978
New Kid On the Block
Ginnie1978
In response to Digi Deborah

Hi! I am brand spanking new. Scrapbooking scares me b/c I can't draw a lick. I cross stich and garden but we shall see how good I will be at this hehe. I am soon to start my first scrap book. I am five months pregnant and this will be her memory book but no pressure or anything.

canadian_ newbie
Veteran
canadian_ newbie
In response to Josieg

Hello to everyone, I too am new to scrpbooking and my pages aren't great but I am still learning and they are getting better page by page. I am addicted, I spend $40 yesterday at our local dollarama and walmart and that was just on stickers and embellishments. Any advice is always welcome.

canadian_ newbie
Veteran
canadian_ newbie
In response to Josieg

What is LO?? can anyone fill me in on all the terms??

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33
In response to canadian_ newbie

LO means layout. I'm still trying to figure out what a lot of the other abbreviations mean, such as mms or acu. I have no clue!

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33

I did that too when I started out! I would go into the craft store and buy things I "had to have." I recently started digi scrapping to save money and enjoy it much more than paper scrapping! It's so much easier to try different techniques without wasting my supplies!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

Hello to a fellow newbie! The acronyms are really confusing but somewhere on this site I ran across a list, which I cannot now find, of course. However, Megan (the resident techie) keeps a pretty close watch here and will probably soon be giving you the info on how to find the list. I suggest copying the text into a Word document and saving it for future reference. (I'm really good at advice--I just sometimes fail to follow it myself!) - Jodi

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Ms. Fit

Here's the latest acronym list.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14024...

stephie355
Tenant
stephie355

Hi, another newbie here! I've dabbled a little in the past, but have now decided to make a scrapbook for each of my two girls...I've found great info just browsing through the site here this evening, wish me luck and thanks in advance for the help and inspiration.

star80
star80 
Veteran
star80
In response to stephie355

Hi, another newbie here, just wanted to say thanks to everybody here, i get so inspired when i look through the gallery.
Thanks Megan for the list, i was having a hard time trying to figure out all the terms.lol.:)

GoofyGirl
New Kid On the Block
GoofyGirl
In response to star80

Hello everyone! You have guessed it I'm a new to this world of scrapbooking, okay I have known of this world it's just taken me time to actually do it.

I hope to learn lots and give as much as I can and know.

See ya around!
Yolanda

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to GoofyGirl

Hi, I'm new here too! I've been attempting to scrapbook for several years now, but I've really been trying to make time here lately. I love looking at everyone's LO's in the gallery. They are so beautiful. I get a lot of inspiration looking at them. Everyone is so helpful too! Thanks so much!

Ancientie
Tenant
Ancientie
In response to Coastie Wife

Hi everyone, I tried to resist the temptation to sign in (afraid that this will take too much of my time) but here I am, after reading the board for a while... I have been too busy for a long time so I have only finished a few layouts, but have collected lots of supplies and a ridiculous amount of patterned paper ... I have taken a few courses (stamping, calligraphy) that I plan to take advantage of once I really start. I hope it's soon!

Edited by Ancientie on 07-29-08 05:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pam-j 
New Kid On the Block
  • Pam-j on 07-30-08 06:16 AM
In response to Josieg

Hi,
I'm fairly new to scrapbooking. I have a scrapbook I did about the semester I spent as an exchange student. Since that was well over 20 years ago and scrapbook materials were not that great back then, it is falling apart and I want to redo it. I am stuck on how to begin (I have purchased several materials already). I want to incorporate the story of my time in Norway (including parts of entries from the journal I kept). I would welcome any suggestions as to layouts.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

I'm fairly new at scrapbooking. It isn't as popular in England as US, but I'm sure that will change. I've already got my Mother-in-law addicted.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Ginnie1978

• Ginnie1978 Said:
Hi! I am brand spanking new. Scrapbooking scares me b/c I can't draw a lick. I cross stich and garden but we shall see how good I will be at this hehe. I am soon to start my first scrap book. I am five months pregnant and this will be her memory book but no pressure or anything.

Welcome! Don't worry about not being able to draw! I can't draw either. That is why I love scrapbooking, because you don't have to draw! There are all kinds of embellies and stencils and stamps to do the drawing for you! Just remember, it is a hobby and hobbies are suppose to be fun!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to craftyclaire

• craftyclaire Said:
I'm fairly new at scrapbooking. It isn't as popular in England as US, but I'm sure that will change. I've already got my Mother-in-law addicted.

Welcome! Have fun and I look forward to seeing your work!

New Kid On the Block
In response to 2xblessed

Of course I am new to this hobby and mine is not so much Scrapbooking as it is just organizing photos in a book. My idea is to sort by year/event and stick a few of the better photos on a page and put the rest of them in a envelope/pocket in the same page. Will this idea work and can I put the photos and pockets on each page or should I put them on alternate pages? Is there acid free paper and pockets and books that will hold many pages? Does anyone understand my idea?
Thanks for your help.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ToniTGR

I am new to scrapbooking. Went of cruise last year in May and the book and pics that I have are still laying right where I put them a year ago. I would like someone to show me how to get started. Never had a very good imagination. So some ideas would be very helpful.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ToniTGR

I am always being told that there is no right or wrong in scrapbooking, just good ideas. I think that putting extra photos in a pocket is a great one. I think I will try that myself! In answer to your question, Yes, there are loads of acid free products out there, and once you start to look you'll be blown away by the choice. You could even decorate envelopes for pockets yourself to make something original!

Edited by craftyclaire on 08-05-08 02:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cheeky
cheeky 
New Kid On the Block
cheeky

Hi Megan,

Well i've been scrapbooking for a short time and i picked up these vellum quotes at walmart, i do believe that you are suppose to rub them off. Unfortunately, i'm feeling like an idiot because they won't rub off. I'm thought that maybe there was a backing on them that i had to remove but there isn't one. Any suggestions???

Cheeky

keila fd
New Kid On the Block
keila fd
In response to Josieg

thanks iam a scrapbook fanatic i buy lots of things but i don't find the way to start i am like afraid to mess up but i always remind muy self that creativity is art but a still need help!!!!!!!!!!!

GINGER3001
New Kid On the Block
GINGER3001

THANK YOU!!
THESE TIPS WERE REALLY USEFUL ESPECIALLY THE FIRST ONE!

RebeccaJoy
New Kid On the Block
RebeccaJoy
In response to Josieg

Wow i sound like an echo saying this but i am new too. LOL. I have learned so so much from this site in like the last TWO days i have been on lol I want to learn to be so much better i feel like such an novice compared to a lot people here. But, i did only just start in the summer. Any critques on my stuff would be welcome and any suggestions on how to make my pages look more busy but coordinated at the same time mine look to simple to me.

Thanks for the reminder that my pages are mine and my memories can't be wrong, haha. I needed to hear that.

vicki in oz
Tenant
vicki in oz
In response to jascaragirl

Once again - another newbie. I have been card making for quite a number of years but only recently started scrapbooking. My mother received a whole lot of old photos from her Auntie so I am in the process of putting together a scrapbook for her for Christmas. Want to scrapbook more than card make now but my customers won't like that!!!! I will be checking back quite regularly.

LittleScrappy_75
Expert
LittleScrappy_75

That's such a cute post! LOL!
Thank you for the welcome!

jo kitchener
Veteran
jo kitchener
In response to Josieg

hey is there any one who can help me iam new to scrapbooking an wondered if u cud look at my pages an tell me if they look ok for me please...

msmarple
New Kid On the Block
msmarple
In response to jo kitchener

I am not brand new at this, did card making for a few months but would love to do some scrapbooks for my G'd Kids..But have no idea where to start.. I have one of those Sizzix machine, never used it, thought about a Cutterbug till I saw the price... So I'll just try to watch you all and get some ideas..

Ms Marple

New Kid On the Block
In response to msmarple

hi all! I just signed up today..I've always been in love with the art of scrapbooking, but never had the time or extra loot to do it! I made one once, and it didn't turn out exactly to my liking...my boyfriend and I are sharing our 1 year anniversary of being together on Nov. 6th....I'm hoping to make him a real sweet scrapbook of our past year together. Little does he know I've been saving tons of stuff from events we've done the past year, and hiding them in a box in my closet. I have every movie ticket stub from the past year! :] Plus so much other random stuff to help remember dates and events! And of course, a ton of photos!

The problem is I'm a busy bee! I'm an art student..I go to school pursuing Illustration, and when I'm not working, I'm using all my free time toward Homework! I'm hoping I can find the time when he's away to put something together. It doesn't have to be huge, but I would like to capture a lot of main events that have happened, and make it into a time line story.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Tips? What I should buy and where to get it? Perhaps a kit of some sort will come in handy? I always love going to AC Moore and seeing the little stick on 3D decals for pages..I found really cute ones that would go well with my movie ticket stubs...it was a bucket of popcorn and movie reels and that sort of thing. hehe. ANY helpful advice would be WONDERFUL! And any tips on what to buy and where to get it would be great, too! Thanks! :]

HairySasquatch
Veteran
HairySasquatch
In response to Pompadourable

Welcome! glad you signed up. Tons of people around here are helpful and everyone is pretty friendly. I would help you out myself, but I am brand new too and have only done a few layouts. Honestly I feel like I am a kindergartener with glue and construction paper!

I would say with you needing to get this done in a couple weeks a kit is your best bet.

fan21yanks
Resident
fan21yanks
In response to HairySasquatch

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, but not terribly new to scrapbooking. I've only made four so far (two 12x12s for myself, one 12x12 for my mom, and an 8x8 for my sister). My next project will be a collection of my photos from VT Hokie football games over the years. I plan to visit this site for helpful tips and ideas.

Anyway, I have one question: is there a list somewhere on this forum with definitions of commonly used acronyms? For example, what's TFL? I've seen that in some of the layout descriptions. The only definition I've found so far is LSS=Local Scrapbooking Store.

TIA! (Thanks in advance)

Edited by fan21yanks on 10-21-08 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to fan21yanks

TFL=Thanks for looking

fan21yanks
Resident
fan21yanks
In response to Patti Sylvia

Thanks, biker chick! I'm compiling a list of the definitions in a notebook for help in reading the forum and LO descriptions.

What's HL?

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to fan21yanks

Hobby Lobby.....it's a craft store

HairySasquatch
Veteran
HairySasquatch

LO = Layout
J's = Joann's Fabrics (I think)
CS = Card Stock
PP = patterned paper
ACU = ???
JCI = ???
M = Michael's

Hope I gave you some new ones...

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to HairySasquatch

ACU = all caught up....mostly used in the challenges meaning you are all caught up looking at all other lo's in the challenge.

JCI = just checking in....mostly used in the challenges meaning you are just checking in to see if there have been any new posts to the challenge.

fan21yanks
Resident
fan21yanks

Thanks all, this is quite helpful!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

So I think I want to make a scrapbook for my parents for Christmas. I want it to be really nice so I plan on starting early.
Any ideas are welcome either for pages or how to decorate them.
I know that there is no wrong ideas or I should just do what strikes me, but general ideas to get me started would be helpful.
When I go home I'll go through a bunch of my parents pictures to give me ideas.
Thanks everyone!
Sara

scrappygayle
Diva
scrappygayle
In response to sunshine3286

Hi Everyone

Really great to see so many like-minded people chatting away - have just started out scrapbooking but don't have any friends who do it so glad to find this site and hopefully make some scrapbooking friends.
Just wanted to put an invitation out to anyone in the same boat who'd like a scrapbooking friend, feel free to send me an invite cos I'd love to chat about all things scrappy!

Soo 
New Kid On the Block
  • Soo on 11-24-08 07:43 PM
In response to Josieg

Hi, I'm Soo. I'm new to this place, and new to scrapbooking. But I really like to look at scrapbooks because they are all so beautiful and personalized. That's why I decided to start scrapbooking as my new hobby. There is so much to learn about this craft!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hello everyone! I'm a 44 year old man from California who suddenly is in need of some scrapbooking advice, who would have guessed? lol

My father had about a dozen postcards from back in the 1960s advertising concerts here in San Francisco. Some have amazing artwork and list famous bands.

What we are wondering is if there is any kind of album or, more precisely, album pages that would display the cards? Keep in mind, he is going to want to see both sides of each postcard so we're looking for something like a open frame. Does that make sense?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Brandon

New Kid On the Block
In response to sunshine3286

I usually start with the pictures and then add the paper. Going to your local store will give you ideas for layouts. I used ideas for Christmas Card making and just dp it as a page.

baoiee
baoiee 
New Kid On the Block
baoiee
In response to Josieg

Hi everyone! The mood happened to strike this morning to seek digital scrapbooking . I do a lot of traditional scrapbooking but am completely in awe of the beautiful digital pages on here. I'm excited, confused, and eager to begin this digital experience. I look forward to learning from all you ever so talented scrapbookers. *bAoiEe*

Guru
In response to Josieg

Hi folks, I'm new here and fairly new to scrapping, I've made 2 6" accordion albums but that's it. I'm working on a 12"x12" of the Moving Wall, the traveling version of the Viet Nam Veteran's Memorial Wall in DC. I've got the pictures I took when it was here in something like '98 along with pictures of our memorial. The album is black and the pages are in shades of gray and black. Then today I found papers that show a portion of the actual wall with a reflection of the Washington Monument on it along with what appears to be people. Should I buy this paper and switch or just use the papers I have? I want solemn but not morbid. I'll be putting a few military related stickers as well as some patriotic stickers on the pages also. I'm even considering adding some poetry or song lyrics that are appropriate.
Please help me with this and make any other suggestions you think would help a newbie.
Thanking you in advance.

New Kid On the Block
In response to moodymolly

Hello all! Im new to this site and scrapbooking as well! I started about 4 months ago during my pregnancy with my first child. My son is now 2 months old and I have been slowly putting together a scrapbook for him. I really enjoy it. I will just give a little run of how I do it... I gather the pictures I want for the page then I choose the paper and what design I will use behind each individual picture. Then I place my photos and then go sticker crazy!! I also use puffy paints to make little quotes and things. Im pretty crafty but still getting the hang of it! I am open to any pointers!
Thank you and look forward to talking to everyone

lozza6 
New Kid On the Block
In response to ladygambler

I am the same as you trying to get organised can any one help on how to organise supplies and pages as i am new to scrapbooking also

Edited by lozza6 on 01-07-09 01:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

amfm
amfm 
New Kid On the Block
amfm
  • amfm on 01-22-09 07:04 PM
In response to lozza6

I too am new to scrapbooking. I have a new grandson, and I wanted to make him a scrapbook of his first year!! Then maybe do scrapbooks for my kids, (they are 26, 25, & 21) I made one for my youngest for her 21st birthday, because she swears I never made her a baby book, It turned out ok. My husband gave me a "Cricut" for Christmas, and I have been "scrappin" ever since. Still have a lot to learn.
I agree with "Lozza6" the first place to start is getting organized. So my first couple of attempts is just that. I have purchased some items for organization, which definately helps.
It is now time to begin the pages! I like the first comment on this section, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG!!! It is your ideas, and imagination.
I am looking forward to sharing ideas, with all.
Just wish I had more time from the four letter word...."work". LOL

Will stay in touch.
Products Referenced in This Post:

New Kid On the Block
In response to amfm

Hello, I am new to scrapbooking, and am having so much fun. I hope to learn a lot here. I am fascinated by mini-books.

kdj131 
New Kid On the Block
In response to amfm

How do you like the cricut? I just ordered mine. It hasn't come in the mail yet. Any tips?

JesGrif
New Kid On the Block
JesGrif
In response to kdj131

Hello! I am a Mommy of 2 looking for some info about scrapping in mu area. I am in CT and cant find anything around here! Your input would be appreciated!

Thanks

amfm
amfm 
New Kid On the Block
amfm
  • amfm on 01-26-09 06:51 PM
In response to JesGrif

In response to KJF131:

I really like it, I just wish I had more time to use it. I have ordered several cartridges, I will let you know which ones I like the best of them. If only I had more time, to scrapbook, and not work We are "iced in" in Oklahoma, (the world stops here when there ice on the ground) nobody goes anywhere. So I am going to scrapbook all day. So I will give you an update tomorrow on my progress.

kdj131 
New Kid On the Block
In response to amfm

Ok Thanks! It just came in, I haven't had the chance to use it yet. I did watch the videos it came with. I'm from Michigan. If there's no ice on the ground here.....it's summer lol. I hope you have a good time with your day in.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

HI, I am new to this site, and completely new to scrapbooking. Havent attempted any yet, but I so eager to try. Where do I start, what basics do I need? Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Completely swamped with information!

MissLisa
New Kid On the Block
MissLisa
In response to Josieg

Hi! I am also new to the neighborhood. I love scraping and can honestly say I am addicted!! I love to learn how to do new things .

welo1823
Veteran
welo1823
In response to Josieg

Hi, I'm also new and just trying to figure it all out on my own. It's great to have a place like this where we can get helpful tips! Thanks

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

I too am new to scrapbooking and we have started a new website. Once a week (at least) 3 of us - all family - try to get together and scrapbook. Two of us have a cricut so we share our carts. Recently I purchased SCAL for my cricut and love it. Still getting used to it.
Check us out and view our projects, join our forums. www.countryscrappers.com!

New Kid On the Block
In response to kdj131

I got my cicut a year ago on my birthday and haven't used it until this winter, while the snow is falling. Its great! Love it. I have a few cartridges and found that there are so many things on them like the Paper Dolls one. There are alot of extras on it. I am always learning something new with it. Trying to cut foam on it now and waiting for the deep blade house and blade to come. Can't wait!
Hope you are enjoying yours.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to JeanGulliver

Hi everybody, time to jump into the pool! I'm Raquel and I'm really new to any kind of crafting, but scrapping is what I've really fallin in love with and this site rocks. I've learned alot just by looking around here and getting scrapbooking books from the library, but I don't know anything about computers and how to load any of my l/o's. I'm still too shy about my work anyway. But thanks for all the ideas!

niks75
niks75 
Resident
niks75
In response to RockStar

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie too in the world of scrapbooking and have just recently joined scrapbook.com. I can say right away though, that everybody seems to be very friendly and nice to one another. The atmosphere is very jovial and now I'm so addicted to this site! Happy Scrappin!

New Kid On the Block
In response to niks75

Hi, I'm new to actually getting any scrapbooking done (been collecting and organizing but not actually putting pages together). Reading boards and viewing gallery's is helping me to actually get started!! Thanks for allowing me to join in!

New Kid On the Block
In response to TeriFNP

Hello everyone. I too am very new to scrapping. I went to our local Pat Catan's and found a really cool scrapping tote on wheels. I am collecting all sorts of papers, embellishments, ribbons, etc while I am waiting on Walmart to print my pictures. Oh I cannot wait to get started. THanks for allowing me to join a great group!!!

sunshineann
Resident
sunshineann
In response to jadebumbera

Hi, I am a newbie to this wonderful site too. I've scrapped many years ago when they didnt have as much as they do today. The past couple of years i pulled my stuff back out and im in love. If you ask my husband..he will tell you i love to collect scrappin goodies. Which i must admit, i do collect alot, but you have to get the stuff when they are on sale, clearance, or have Coupons right? I have been admiring all the wondeful layouts on this site. Ya' all are amazing at this. I can not wait to begin "a new" again. Thanks for great inspiration.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

OK SO IM SO SAD I CANT UPLOAD MY PROFILE PIC...
HELP PLEASE!!!

steph86
Resident
steph86
In response to Josieg

Hi everyone! I am new to the scrapbooking world. I actually just bought some paper, adhesive, and my first scrapbook yesterday. I am so relieved to find this site, with such nice, helpful scrappers!! I look forward to learning a lot from talking and reading through the forums.

CranberryRedRoses
Veteran
CranberryRedRoses
In response to steph86

I would like to say hello to everyone! I am new to scrapbooking as well. Yes, I also face the same issues: overwhelmed by all the goodies, finding it hard to resist temptations, and actually enjoying this site and shopping more than actual scrapping! But I am loving it all! Everyone is super friendly!

I am looking to make friends (newbies and pros alike) that I can pm with all sorts of questions on products and styles, etc! Let's all grow together!

Please feel free to add me to your friends list!!!

steph86
Resident
steph86
In response to CranberryRedRoses

i haven't been able to log off this site yet. i just joined today and there is so much information and so many things one can do, which I didn't even know about. i can't wait to go shopping! I was looking through the scrapbook aisles yesterday and everything I seen... ooooh, i can make a page for that and one for this. OMG... i haven't even started yet and i'm already on the verge of addiction. lol

DorrieR
Resident
DorrieR
In response to steph86

Hello everyone, I just joined this site yesterday. A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to give my girlfriend something special and meaningful gift for her birthday. I looked around and saw a few scrapbooks and thought "Perfect!! I can do that!!" I had no idea how much was involved!! I went out and got some stuff, found out most of it wasn't right and went and bought the RIGHT stuff. I have made a few pages, now I am at the point where I really need to be creative...and I have found I am NOT. I could really, really use some ideas, things that aren't so expensive. I have read the forums and you are all so nice and so creative!! I thought this was the best place to ask for help!!
I must also say that I do love making the pages, I just need my creative boost to kick in! LOL

New Kid On the Block
In response to DorrieR

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and pretty new to scrapbooking. I have been collecting stuff for scrapbooking, but just have not taken the time to sit down and really work on it. I have done a few basic pages a few years back but nothing really since then. I am a mother of 4 and work outside of the home, so time to scrap is scarce. I am hoping that by coming here it will inspire me to start scrapping again--which it has. You all have fun ideas. Thanks

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics