Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
BlytheEcho
New Kid On the Block
BlytheEcho
In response to cjellis1999

Hi....I just wanted to say that this is a great site with so many helpful tips/hints for a newbie!! I have spent the last 2 weeks checking these forums everyday picking up ideas for LO and tools, etc. Thankyou to everyone for being so helpful!! I finally did my first LO today (YAY!!!) and I posted a photo of it. Let me know what you guys think please... I get inspiration in my dreams: I think about this stuff so much I dream about it! LOL

Thanks again for all of the info and help!

cepebpo99999
New Kid On the Block
cepebpo99999
In response to cjellis1999

Hi everyone! It's my first steps into a scrapbooking.So I don't know what to do!How can i start scrapping today. I want create my first excellent scrapbook. Please help

twinkiejo
New Kid On the Block
twinkiejo
In response to Josieg

I am sort of new to scrapbooking and I need expert advise on a scrapbooker's necessity. I used a cricut recently and loved it, but it was limited to only the cartridges that you had. I have been reading about the silhoette and it seems to have more options and stuff than the cricut. Can someone here give me some feed back as to what they liked and disliked about each one of them.
Thanks

nettiefire102
New Kid On the Block
nettiefire102
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Hi all! Wow so thrilled I found this site! Anyway I am a definite beginner! I've been searching LO's and well my past two scrapbooks looks like I sneezed stickers compared to all the other LO's I've seen so back to the drawing board, I want to redo my youngest baby scrapbook its aweful! LOL...Anyway thrilled to have found this site!!!

sunshine17
New Kid On the Block
sunshine17
In response to Josieg

Thanks to everyone on this site for all your kind word and your inspiriation. It's really good to know im not the only "CRAZY SCRAPBOOKER" in the world "so my famiy say's.LO!

sunshine17
New Kid On the Block
sunshine17
In response to BlytheEcho

CONGRATULATIONS!!! girlfriend it only get's better I am SO! where you are my kid's cant keep me out the store everytime I think of a new idea i want to go back to the store. I guess my addvise to you is make a list of the thing's you need before you leave the house take it with you and stick to it! it help me from being overwhelmed with all the good stuff that's out there Have Fun!

Edited by sunshine17 on 07-28-09 02:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block

thank you so much.... i really need to go shopping!! Also i was wondering what to you start with doing?

New Kid On the Block
In response to ScrapGirl20

I just joined this site and am a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out where to start...LOL.

I am new to the hobby and am really not sure what I am doing but hope to learn lots here.

Kind of intimidating being the "new kid on the block"

SeeMelissaScrap
New Kid On the Block
SeeMelissaScrap
In response to nettiefire102

It is crazy to look back at my first albums and see how scary my pages are, but I wouldn't redo them at all, because it is good to see your progress as you get better - and you WILL get better. Keep going and don't worry about what you did when you first began.

Melissa

SeeMelissaScrap
New Kid On the Block
SeeMelissaScrap
In response to cepebpo99999

Start by getting the basic supplies. I would suggest buying at Walmart. They have great products to get you started and they are less expensive. Get a paper trimmer- this is your most expensive, Try a mixed media pack by Best Occasions at Walmart, this includes your paper, some stickers, frames, tags and alphabets, phrases. ALso get the herma adhesive- it is great! Get an archival black pen by ZIG. And lastley some fun stickers, a pack of buttons, some ribbon and an album!

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Melissa

crystald81
Resident
crystald81

I had a just a simple question since i'm new to the scrapbooking world.....what would be the best brand of punchies to use since i am working on a ladybug page

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to crystald81

I'm new here as well. Accidentally but happily stumbled across this site yesterday!

I was excited to see that there's sooo much to read and learn here! I'm just starting to scrapbook, along with my niece, and trying to not feel overwhelmed and intimidated. LOL!

ARB 
New Kid On the Block
  • ARB on 09-17-09 03:25 PM

Ok! I am new at this and just signed up. Where do I start? I want to make layouts but have know idea how? I uploaded some pics. Somebody, HELP!!!

ehodges82
New Kid On the Block
ehodges82
In response to Josieg

Hi all. I'm new to the site. I love browsing the galleries! There are some really great ideas here. This is a great site. I love it!

New Kid On the Block

I'm new to scrapbooking and have a bunch of Sizzix orginal dies, do I have to get the orginal machine or can I use them in the BigShot

loveonlytk1
New Kid On the Block
loveonlytk1
In response to Josieg

Hello my fellow Scrappers!

First off, I am so happy that I found this site. Alas, I have been looking for other Scrapbooker to share and express my interest.

I am new to scrapbooking, I have been doing this for about a year( off/on).
Finally, I found something that does not cause my hips to spread,The kids would eat nor the doctor would have to tell me I need to quit.
I'm so excited until I am over whelmed.

loveonlytk1
New Kid On the Block
loveonlytk1
In response to scrappinmyson

Hi scrappinmyson,
Like you, I am a newbie, I have tried some of the adhesive that the other ladies mention. My favorite is the repositioning glue stick. That way, if I make an error, I can change it. I also like the glue dots.

scraparella
Expert
scraparella
In response to loveonlytk1

Hello to all !~ I'm new to the site and to the world of scrapbooking. I've spent a few weeks absorbing all the info I can. Now I should probably attempt a page.

viona
viona 
New Kid On the Block
viona
  • viona on 11-06-09 12:16 AM
In response to scraparella

hi my name is Viona and I don't know much about scrapbooking and I don't know anyone who scrapbooks can anyone help me

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to viona

• viona Said:
hi my name is Viona and I don't know much about scrapbooking and I don't know anyone who scrapbooks can anyone help me

I suggest you start by looking at the videos you can find here. Look in the toolbar up top and click on videos. Also check out the classes and resources in the tool bar. You will find a lot of information there.

You can also ask questions here.

New Kid On the Block
In response to rockmom

Hi, I am a newbie to scrapbooking. I have navigated and learned so much from the site. I am ready to start on my first book.

sinisterspackle
New Kid On the Block
sinisterspackle
In response to rockmom

Hello I guess that my being new to the wonderful world of scrapbooking goes without saying. I never thought I could make a book - always just pushed the idea aside when I walked passed that particular aisle of the craft stores - until I got some inspiration. A reason to make a book that would mean something to me. /cheese

Anyway - here I am I'm looking forward to getting comfortable around here!

posh101
New Kid On the Block
posh101
In response to sinisterspackle

Hello, I'm also new here... I enjoyed reading through and learning at the same time.

Great neighborhood!

Lilie305
New Kid On the Block
Lilie305
In response to posh101

OK I'm completely new to scrapbooking but when you've got 4 kids and plain generic "baby books" that don't grow with your kids it's hard to find something that you want. I decided on scrapbooking for a number of reasons A) can grow with them B) seriously need time to myself and C) just really, really need something to do to sray busy. LOL

jtavarez8529
New Kid On the Block
jtavarez8529
In response to Josieg

Hello everyone. like most of you, i am also new at this. im starting to get into digital scrapbooking, so im completey confused. but i know this website definitely comes in handy. i would like to thank you guys for being so friendly! thanks!

New Kid On the Block
In response to jtavarez8529

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm new to scrap-booking or not!
I've always loved collage, calligraphy and documenting stories and experiences into something you can touch, feel and share. I never thought of myself as a scrap booker, but perhaps I am!

I'm really interested in exploring the scrapbook world further - in part for myself and also because I'm the new communications bunny at zbeckybrown. I've seen scrapbookers make fantastic use of our products to display their work and want to make sure we have ways of listening to creative folks like yourselves.

Happy creating, this seems like a great community.

Liz

New Kid On the Block
In response to zbeckybrown

I should add, I'll mostly lurk as zbeckybrown sells products and I don't want to violate your participation rules and promote things when I shouldn't be! If anyone uses one of their bags to show off their work and would like to be featured on our website they can get in touch by e-mailing [email protected]

LittleScraps
New Kid On the Block
LittleScraps
In response to Josieg

Good afternoon all..Im new here and new to scrapping...
I have always been crafty..haha... and just never really got into it.. Untill i made a few albums and then decided it was a great hobbie...
I have been shopping and bought a few things..bits and pieces..and now im HOOKED>... oh no says mu Hubby,.lol..

I am glad to be here and cant wait to share my ideas and get some in help and ideas in return...

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to LittleScraps

Newbie here! I've been shopping around & picking up tools here & there. I don't know what it was but, a few weeks ago something clicked & I wanted to start scrapbooking badly!! Hubby is behind me 100% and is currently designing my 1/2 of our craft 'studio' (4th bdrm). Can't wait!
I appreciate all the tips & all the guidance offered on this site! I'm currently trying to decide which die cutter to buy - Cuttlebug or Sizzix Big Shot. I love the idea of embossing!
Thanks again for all of your knowledge & wisdom any of you wish to pass along!
I can't wait to show my FIRST page!!!

tmbyers
New Kid On the Block
tmbyers
In response to KayMCee

Hi, I am new to this great hobby also. I have gone through the gallery many times....so much inspiration. I have so much to learn. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

lojay7
lojay7 
Veteran
lojay7
In response to tmbyers

Hi Everyone. I am fairly new to scrapbooking. I have to say I have become addicted to it. I have been on SB a lot looking at galleries and forums. I have been inspired. I look forward to getting to know the SB family. I have posted some layouts, please let me know what you think. Great to meet you all!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to lojay7

Hi girls,
I am new here and what's more I am writing from Poland. I started scrapbooking a year ago making an album for my sister and her husband who visited Poland for the first time.

I am very impresed with all those tools you have for your crafting. I've got some papers and punches from my sis and that's great.
More and more girls in Poland start scrapbooking but still we don't have that much staff like you do.
I started my first album by covering pages with .....wall papers. That was great fun.
All the best to all of you.

PS My English isn't excellent and I'm not very good at computers but I will try my best

travln1
Tenant
travln1
In response to tereska

Hi all,

I'm new here, too. Completely green with pretty much no idea where to start. I have a 3.5 year old daughter who I take pictures of constantly, so I'd like to start scrapbooking.

I don't have much to start, but I know this is something I can really get into. I will document this learning process on my blog.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

"Hi! Thanks for that post. I believe I understand what you wanna say."

Quick and Easy Computer Scrapbooking
Link

bedzia1891
New Kid On the Block
bedzia1891
In response to ComputerScrapbooking

Hi Everyone !
I am new to scrapbooking This sunday..on Valentine's Day..my boyfriend took me to Michaels and bought a HUGE present...he knew i really wanted to start scrapbooking so he took me there to shop a little. He bough me a scrapbook and all kinds of embellishments for it ...I'm soooo happy and thankful and cant wait to get started I just have one quick question...what adhesive is best to buy for scrapbooking that I'll be able to use not only for photos but gluing things onto my pages ?
Thank you !!!

bedzia1891
New Kid On the Block
bedzia1891
In response to tereska

Czesc !
Jestem z Polski..ale mieszkam w USA hihi dopiero co zaczynam scrapbooking...nie moge sie doczekac jak juz bede miala pierwszy skaczony album
Pozdrawiam !!

munirz 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

hi

DanielIam
New Kid On the Block
DanielIam
In response to Josieg

Hi I am new to this forum and to Scrapbooking so I will have some questions I am sure along the way. There is a lot of information on here but sometimes I like to get feed back from more than one source. Its a bad habit but it does help with some things.

FreddaO
Expert
FreddaO
In response to Hemlock Lollipop

Well you may find it easier to pick a photo and design your LO around that photo. This way your colors in the photo and LO coordinate and dont clash. Also, you will want your embellishments to match as well.

FreddaO
Expert
FreddaO
In response to DanielIam

welcome! and Happy Scrapping!

iheartchoc
New Kid On the Block
iheartchoc
In response to Shutterbugg

thank you for your advice and information.i'm also very new here.i'm working on my third scrapbook, but i haven't publish it yet.
in Indonesia it's hard to find tools and materials for scrapbooking, so i just use anything i cud use here, maybe i'll ask lots questions later.nice to know you

Mirande
New Kid On the Block
Mirande
In response to iheartchoc

Hello everyone, this is my first time on a forum! I'm from Holland, I started scrapbooking about 1,5 year ago and I like it very much. I made one album and also a big(50x70 cm)canvas. Now I am working on a crown-book.
Ik hope to get some new ideas for LO's. But first I have to print photo's. We had a great skivacation, it was the first time for are daugther.

darkone
New Kid On the Block
darkone
In response to Mirande

Hello and welcome you'll be able to do lots of fuffy snow pages, and use lots of sprinkles! Lucky you!

c-gal 
New Kid On the Block
  • c-gal on 06-02-10 12:41 PM
In response to Josieg

hello,ive just joined and cant wait to raft chat with everyone x

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hi, my name is CC and I'm new to scrapbooking! I have so many OLD PIC's and I don't know where to start.I need a lot of help.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hi, I'm CC and I have never been on a chat line or any thing like this before, nor have I ever did any scrapbooking either. I have given it a shot but not much happens. I'm hoping this will give me some tips and some exciting things to do with all these pic's I have. My mom just passed away and I found a huge box full of pictures and important documents.I have given a few "copy's" to my sisters but I kept the originals.now I need help in what to do with them all!!! I live in MN and am Disabled so I have a lot of time to do what I want. Not only do I scrapbook but I make cards,sew,knit,crochet,an d ride as a passanger on a beautiful VICTORY motorcycle! I hope to get to know some of you soon cc

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to Josieg

This is an awesome list for a new scrapper. Thanks so much, even for someone that has been doing it for a while, there are always new things to pick up and learn.

Boricua Scrapper 3
Veteran
Boricua Scrapper 3
In response to Josieg

always remember to buy your things acid free!!! is a bigger gama of tapes outside but you will find your best!!! i love xyron tapes!

Alainas
Resident
Alainas
In response to Brownie's Mom

I would look in the gallery (not the digital gallery) and find a scrap that you like the way it looks. Also one that doesn't look too hard. Then make sure you have the supplies for that page/or any supplies that you could use instead. Order also if you need something in particular. Then COPY IT!! That's what I'm doing right now!! I've done digital scrapping for years but want to try paper scrapping. I found a page I just love, so I'm just copying. I'm pretty sure after I do this one that ideas of my own will start coming to me. Let's keep in touch and see how we both do.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Alainas

Hello, I am all new to this and I hope someone can help me. My best friend is a pro at scrapbooking and she told me about it a few month ago. Now, as I am moving away from the city I currently live in, I wanted to make something special for all the persons that helped me in the past.
I have a very good male friend, though he has a little bit of a female edge ( he insists that he is not gay), and I wanted to do like a scarpbooking page for him. I know he has a dairy and I though about buying him a new simple book and make a collage or something (however you call it) myself and glue it onto the cover.
Does anyone have a good idea for a male scrapbooking page? I have looked through the gallery now and there are some that I like, but they look very difficult and I just don't know whether there are any DOs or DONTs.
It is ok if it is a bit female as I said. He likes stuff like that!

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrappinmyson

Hi scrappinmyson,

If you are interested there is a free ebook on my site with the top scrapbooking tips which you will find helpful as you kick off scrapbooking. You can read a summary of the book here and get your free copy.

http://www.savvyscrapbooker.com/101_scrapbooking_tips /

Atrista
New Kid On the Block
Atrista

Hello everybody. I'm excited about finding such a great site as this. I have been looking for a place were I can improve and get more ideas for my scrapbook projects.

I'm a graduate student, wife, and mother to a wonderful kitten. I have been trying to scrapbook since 2005 when I realized that I needed a lot of materials! Little by little I've been getting things here and there and now I have my own Scrapbooking station full of goodies! I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

Atrista

blueboo
New Kid On the Block
blueboo
In response to carolyn cobb

CC, i'm new here also. And I also have loads of old and new pics of everyone I know that I want to scrap about but in the end I get overwhelmed. Also need help with layout and supplies, well, any help would do.

cricutblog
New Kid On the Block
cricutblog
In response to blueboo

I just want to say "hello" and that I'm glad to be apart of the community!

krystal08
New Kid On the Block
krystal08
In response to Josieg

Hi. I'm new on here too. I joined last year but never got on my account. I forgot i had one. But now i plan on using it very often. I have only posted one picture so far. It's of a very simple card that i made. I love this website and hope to learn new things to make me a better scrapbooker and card maker.

escrapbookpaperstorage
New Kid On the Block
escrapbookpaperstorage
In response to Josieg

Thank you ever so much as your post really gives me great direction with starting out.

bev512 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hello everyone, I am new here and really want to learn how to scrapbook. I have 5 beautiful granddaughters and i am always taking pictures. I have no idea where to start. What are some of the main tools and accessories i will need asap. I plan on going shopping somewhere tomorrow to get some items so i can get started. Looking forward to some good advise, Thanks Bev

Edited by bev512 on 09-21-10 07:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

4Lanie
4Lanie 
New Kid On the Block
4Lanie
In response to Josieg

I'm new here.

Kiwee 
New Kid On the Block
  • Kiwee on 10-25-10 05:16 PM
In response to 4Lanie

Hi Everyone! New Here and just looking for some ideas on direction and how to get started. It is very overwhelming all the supplies and tools.

army_wifey
New Kid On the Block
army_wifey
In response to Josieg

Hi everyone i'm new to this hobby. And I was wondering if any military wives have done a military scrapbook for their hubbys.

latina43
Expert
latina43
In response to army_wifey

I met a fellow scrapper in California who scrapbooks for her husband who is in the military, i don't think she is on the site though! I am trying to make one for my brother who is in the Army has had 1 tour in Iraq. I found some cool embellishments at Michaels on cleance of the ARMY. I can't wait to get started!

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to latina43

They actually have a Military challenge. Check it out. Look in the galeries of the participants for great insperation. Alot of the ladies do this challenge monthly so there are some great pages in there galleries.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15479...

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to latina43

They actually have a Military challenge. Check it out. Look in the galeries of the participants for great insperation. Alot of the ladies do this challenge monthly so there are some great pages in there galleries.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15479...

joandtresmom2000
New Kid On the Block
joandtresmom2000
In response to Joellio

Hello...new here! Just wanted to know if anyone has done a football scrapbook for their son? Trying to come up with some new ideas...

Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose

Hello, can someone tell me how I go about having a crop party?

8cutekids2scrap
Idol
8cutekids2scrap
In response to joandtresmom2000

I have not done a whole book ,but I have done a few pages,have a look If you want to ,I love sports layouts... good luck on your book...

Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose
In response to 8cutekids2scrap

I'm new to scrapbooking. Can I get a little help?

croppincandice
New Kid On the Block
croppincandice
In response to Crome_Rose

You can find a Creative Memories Consultant in your area by visiting the website: www.creativememories.com & then click on Consultant Locator & then enter your city & state. Almost all have Crops, Weekend Getaways, & help you host a party to earn free products. All great ways to learn about scrapbooking & meet fellow scrapbookers!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

thanks for information

Laura Dessi
New Kid On the Block
Laura Dessi

hello,
i want to introduce myself! my name is Laura, i am 32 years-old, i am Italian and married to a Portorican guy! totally love anything that has to do with arts and crafts!
I love animals, i have 1 cat, 2 dogs and a horse!!! i love to read, paint, draw, take pictures, ride horses, take walks and new friends!
I hope to get to know you and share some of my passions with you!
have a great day!
Laura

jessicapanichelle
New Kid On the Block
jessicapanichelle

Hi...I am new here....don't understand anything yet...but have bought some stuff on clearance to get me started...i have printed some of the pics out...only had 4 by 6 gloosy papers to work with....and i just cut them with scissors...i new doing it that it was wrong...lol but i can't really afford all the "gadgets" just yet...lol. I haven't puchased a scrapbook yet...deciding on which i like. I am doing a baby book for my best friend vernae...she asked for that as a gift to her and her new baby because she knows i love photo editing and that it would keep me busy...so i hope i don't have to start all over....and could use a little help(is why i joined)i also signed up for the class on here...and would love to make some new friends to share my journey with...
love always
jess

amylw1
amylw1 
New Kid On the Block
amylw1
In response to Josieg

hi,

totally new to scrapbooking, and the only reason i am here is i have a project i want to do - i'll explain:

every year (well since 2008) my kids have a magical elf from santa stay with us throughout december. its here to make sure the kids are good etc and reports back to santa. BUT along the way it gets into mischief!!! (this is a BIG tradition in america).

anyway, i have loads of photos of the things the elves have done and thought about just "putting in an album" but thoought a scrapbook would look better.

so i am afer help and ideas on the best way to do this. the photos have all been ordered via an online printing company, but havent arrived yet.

amy

ylime0410
New Kid On the Block
ylime0410
In response to Josieg

Hi everyone! I am new to scrapbooking too.
I have dabbled in it and have created some basic pages, but now I REALLY want to get into scrapbooking. I am an elementary teacher and want to preserve many of the pictures I have taken and saved as well as preserve trips I have taken . I am very excited to learn about all of the neat things that make scrapbooking the cawesome art that it is!!

NotCrafty
New Kid On the Block
NotCrafty
In response to Josieg

I am very new in fact this will be my FIRST project!
I love photography and am always taking pictures of everything and everyone! I want to make a scrap book for my boyfriend.. We have been together for almost 3 years so I have everything that we have done since day 1! I would like to make one big enough that I can add more pages to and continue our story throughout our relationship. I realize I probably will have several different ones.. Guess I need to go shopping first and watch a few videos!

deebruischart
New Kid On the Block
deebruischart

Help....I am a mother of a 24, 20, 19 and 15 year old with 4 grandchildren. I have thousands of pictures from my 1st childs birth till now and most of the time u dont see me with out my new digital camera. yes, im a little late, i always liked the 35mm because it was simple, but someone finally took the time to kinda explain the digital, but Im still cautious, me and technology dont get along lol, but where do I even start....I have always just put picture in photo slots, now i would love to make each one of my kids there very own photo alblum...how do i separate them...Im lost..... I do have some scrappbooking things and i got 5 huge photo alblums, one for me and one for each of my children. Thank u so much for this websight, i wish i would of thought of this sooner, but Im just learning the computer, lol. I know thats sad at 41 but ive been divorced for 18years and had to work , work , work, now i wanna get busy and enjoy some fun women stuff and get to my other side...God bless any any advice or friends would be such a blessing..Thank U...DeAnn

Edited by deebruischart on 07-11-11 11:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to deebruischart

Hello Lovely ScapLadies!

My name is Melissa and I am 23 yrs old.
The reason that I started scrapping is because since I am in America (im dutch) I have this fascination with taking pictures just to remember how things were.
I remember when i grew up that i wasn't the best drawing artist but I had a good sense for color-schemes and scrapping.
Now my husband and I got married and we went on our honeymoon I wanted to do special things with those pictures.
So with the money we got from our family and friends I bought my first scrapbook and items.
I am sooo excited!
And I can't wait to get started and produce some nice pages to remember our memories!

What are the real items I need to make a start?

And I would love to meet some people that share the same interests that I have!

Have a really nice day!

Melissa

New Kid On the Block
In response to MelissaMedina

I am new at forum and i hope to find some help and guidance from fellow members.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

hi all
im new comer here..

glad to see u all..

alisak
alisak 
Tenant
alisak

Hi everyone, I am new here too and I am so relieved to find out that there is no wrong way to do scrap layouts. I am one who struggles with themes and such. Maybe I am making this harder than it should be. But I am looking forward to making new friends and sharing ideas. I am totally addicted to scrapping though.

StarW
StarW 
New Kid On the Block
StarW
  • StarW on 09-28-11 02:01 PM

Hello everyone, i'm a newby as well and thank goodness we're learning together by making some mistakes..lol Well i did get my photos organized today.. what a task. had alot of fun and thought of some page ideas. I do have a question.. anyone have ideas on creating a military page. Found some Navy photos of my dad on a ship..

mayflower58
New Kid On the Block
mayflower58
In response to alisak

hello,
I am totaly new to scapbooking. I love taking family photos, and visited a craft shop this week and thought it was time to do something different with my precious photo other than place them in an photo album. I am doning some research as I have no clue where to start. Hope to start soon.

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom
In response to StarW

Go to the gallery tab and click on layouts in the drop-down menu. When the page loads, click on themes (all the way to the right)and then choose "military". There are hundreds of layouts to get inspiration from.

I am working on my son's Air Force scrapbook so I look at this section almost every day to see what new has posted.

Mama Bug
New Kid On the Block
Mama Bug
In response to StarW

Hi! I'm new here. I've been lurking for a bit and finally decided to join. Everyone here is so nice and friendly!!

StarW, I'm in the Navy and plan to do a few LO's about my time in the service. I plan to use a few anchors and rank insignia. Do you know what job he had? You could always use the symbol for his job.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Mama Bug

Hi. This might be of a help to some of you
http://suneclipsea.wordpress.com/

New Kid On the Block
In response to suneclipsea

Hi everybody, am new to scrapping n is amazed by all the possibilities. Haa....

lnr757 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Cuppascrapper

Hi everyone. I've been on this site for a little while, but I'm just now becoming "active". I look forward to seeing everyone's great, unique ideas. I'm excited to finally get started scrapbooking!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Thanks for the good advice. Can you recommend the best method to get a good photo of a scrapbook layout to add to my gallery on here?

New Kid On the Block
In response to D Lemaster

Hello All..I'm new to scrapbooking. Been lurking around for a bit. Everybody seems so nice and helpful with information to us newbies Currently I am working on a scrapbook for my hubby documenting his time in the Airforce. Have to save room for the 5yrs he has left!!

darkone
New Kid On the Block
darkone
In response to dyna21

Hi Guys, my words of advice would be look everywhere for your products to use, when your at your local paint shop, you know those colour cards for paint, ideal for scrapping! Now it gets you thinking hey!

New Kid On the Block
In response to carey-mulligan

Hi Everyone I am totally new at this, a bit overwhelmed but loving every minute, I already have quite a nice sized collection of paper, embellishments etc. Just looking for the inspiration. Thank you all for your tips and tricks, loving this site.

Stacy

Edited by stacyhope on 12-13-11 01:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to stacyhope

Hi
I am also new to scrapbooking and to this site too. I collect different things, papers, labels,... all year, my friends tell me that I`m like a hamster or a squirrel.
I am working on my first project and this will be an album of "summer journey".
I hope I`ll soon create my blog to write about my "creative chaos".

I apologize in advance for my bad english, but I`m learnig new vocabulary every day.
(Pleas correct me what I write wrong. I won`t be mad at all)

Have a nice holidays!

anganny609
New Kid On the Block
anganny609
In response to Josieg

Great lloks like all I need is a grease pencil.... oh and a plan...

emelineh
Expert
emelineh

Ah! I wish I had had that "get started" checklist when I 1st tried scrapbooking years ago... thanks for posting!
Emeline

disney798
New Kid On the Block
disney798
In response to Josieg

hi everyone im new to scrapbooking and im loving it.I've completed a few pages the one porb im having is what embellishments to use or where to put them i get the picture on the page then get lost

supasuze
New Kid On the Block
supasuze
In response to disney798

Hi Everyone. I'm new here too. I've actually been scrapping for a couple of years but coming here I've realised I have NO idea what I'm doing! My passion is photography and my family, so scrapbooking seemed a natural path. I have a 4 year old, a one year old and a busy job so I only get around to it once a month or so.

Anyway I'm Suze, 34 and live in Melbourne Australia. Just wanted to say hello and can't wait to learn more.

supasuze
New Kid On the Block
supasuze
In response to supasuze

Oh & can anyone recommend the best way to store the 12x12 card/paper. I always spend hours trying to find the right colour/pattern...?

domesticanddamned
New Kid On the Block
domesticanddamned
In response to supasuze

Hi.
New to the community. Still looking around and getting organized.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hi...I'm completely new to this. Just looking around. I signed up for the learn to scrapbook lessons so I guess I'll just start there and follow along. I'm so excited!!!

mrssugar49
Tenant
mrssugar49
In response to KelliNicole

Well it's great to know that I am not the only new person on this site. I love this site. It has inspired me to do great things. Now if I can only get the inspiration onto a page. LOL
Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

New Kid On the Block

Hello. I am new to scrapbooking. I am making a scrapbook for my best friend for her wedding, with pictures of them as children, and their lives leading up to the wedding. Where can i find accessories for the pages? and is there an easy way to start and fit everything together?

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics