Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
New Kid On the Block
In response to Megan - ForumTech

This sounds like a fun idea! You've inspired me to do the same.

Edited by Scrapbook Bliss on 07-25-12 01:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks for the help and booster to get going, and thanks for pointing out that there is no wrong. I will never forget that when I'm scrapbooking!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Josieg

I am new to the scrapbooking too. I decided to try and find a new creative way to spice up my photos a bit. Since I got alot of old family photos from both sides of my family. I ralize I'll be a simple scrapbooker. I am thinking of getting some of Tim Holtz products they will be great to go along with my family albums. Since I like history and the type of guy that like old rusty looking things, lol. I am more of a photographer and photoshop/ painting guy. But I am just trying new ways to get back in the creative mood. Since I enjoy family history. I thought why not take some of the old family photos and make a simple layout and some information about that person on the page. So that what turn me to scrapbook and to this site to get some ideas.

New Kid On the Block
In response to justartguy007

I'm really new to scrapbooking, I've always wanted to do it but never had anything to do it with. But recently I have gained lots of... well... all sorts! So I'm going to start my first project soon! I was sorting through some of the things I was given and found a few of the couples wedding invitations (well, the printed parts), and I was thinking as a thank you I would make a scrap page for them using one of the invites, and a matching thank you card. I have NO idea what I'll do in terms of design but if you have any ideas please, let me know :D!
I'm thinking my projects will more be like a life story, I'm so excited to get started!

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to Angelbeard

Just wanted to pop in quickly and say HI to all the new comers!! I remember how daunting it all seems but in no time at all you will pick up all the slag and abbreviations!! Welcome to SB.com!!
Renee

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Renee305

Hi Newbies!! If you look in the store there kits that have items that go together to make a page or a scrap book. you can use words like 'wedding' to get specifically what you want. Sometimes it takes patience to find what you are looking for but the store can help so much. Be sure to use the wish list so you can sort of set the idea aside till payday...that's what I do any way Have fun here and there are many people to help with questions too!

Diva
In response to catzscrapper

Welcome! I love tha many ideas that this palce provides you with! It is amazing!

etochto
New Kid On the Block
etochto
In response to bayamonesa1

Hello!

My name is Yulia! I am beginner and new on this site! I would be happy to get any help to start scrapbooking (shops, brends, styles etc...). If somebody lives close to Biddinghuisen ready to get new friends.

blondiern72
New Kid On the Block
blondiern72
In response to etochto

I am just getting started and have done 2 VERY simple books. I am looking forward to exploring my creativity and appreciate any help anyone is willing to give to a newbie. Thanks in advance!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hi, I'm new to scrapbooking. I'm so new I haven't even started my first page yet. I have, however, bought some supplies including paper and cardstock and hope to start my first page tomorrow.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to srb85260

I have been papercrafting for several years. I wanted to let everyone know that I still get lots of good advice from the free classes and tips. I have always been terrible at setting eyelets... just such a klutz. A 2 minute video here really energized me to give it another try and finally get it right. Bottom line... if you don't have classes near you or scrappy friends... You can get all the help you need here at this wonderful place.

luvleyLV
New Kid On the Block
luvleyLV

"Thank you" for all the new ideas and suggestion on getting started I appreciate ALL advice I can get! still need to get ideas and simple ways to create without fustrations! lol I will keep on reading blogs and ideas from everyone here!

ponny
ponny 
New Kid On the Block
ponny
  • ponny on 03-14-13 04:23 AM
In response to Josieg

hi evryone! i am also very new to this site to I have never made a scrap page and have no idea how to start!and thanks for all for such a good info, thankx you

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Thank you for your comments about "there is no wrong way to scrapbook". I just got back from a retreat where I looked around and it seemed that everyone else's pages looked better than mine. I've been cropping for years, but just recently am getting serious about it. I think what I need to do is "refine" my style (simple, but elegant). My mats are too wide and I need to look at some sketches for new ideas. Anyway, thanks for all the information on this site!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hello everyone I am brand new and very unsure. I purchased a colorbok fabric scrapbook and it only has page protectors what do I use for a ground page for this?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to jenna55771

Jenna -

You might benefit from signing up for the free email classes....a lot of info to get you started.

http://www.scrapbook.com/university/index.php

eva.lowery
Resident
eva.lowery

I loved those email classes and receiving them every day was very exciting. Once I was literally waiting for it like it was a very important letter. Lol
But anyways they were very helpful for me so thank you for making them free and available for everybody.

marox 
New Kid On the Block
  • marox on 06-17-13 10:15 AM
In response to Josieg

my interest in scrapbooking was accidental. in our 4th year wedding anniversary (which was june 14) i wanted to surprise my husband. a greeting card bores me. i spotted a magazine and started to flip the pages and thought of a personalized card. and guess what? i created a two 24x12 card. so big huh! my husband loved it! i've collected some essentials over the weekend. im just so excited! i love the adhesive suggestions. i used glue stick. i noticed the cut-outs started to detach. so i need to re-touched them.

Anjwld 
New Kid On the Block
In response to marox

Hi y'all! I'm new to scrapbooking sort of. I dabbled in it many years ago but just really didn't get it to it back then. But recently my youngest daughter got engaged and we started looking at invitation and I thought I could make these and make them more special and personal, not so generic looking. And that is how I got hooked! I've made a baby card, birthday card and a sympathy card so far but really simple designs. This looked like a wonderful place to start learning more and make some friends along the way! So here I am!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

I am new to this forum,thanks a lot for all the information it is very helpful.

New Kid On the Block
In response to jeffrey_silva

Hello....Like most of you I am new to scrapbooking. I've put away my knitting and counted cross stitch and am itching to get started on this new hobby.
I've been reading a lot and watching some on-line videos trying to get a handle on how to begin and have come to the conclsion that I'll just jump in !!
I've bought some low cost supplies and my first album and am ready to start.
Scrapbook.com is a great site, I'm so glad I found it.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to harley0627

If you haven't already, sign up for the learn to scrapbook class - that will give you some great basics.

DANI.BMM
Veteran
DANI.BMM
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
JosieG,
I have been scrapping only about a year. If I may give another newbie a huge bit of advice. Don't let yourself get so caught up in "collecting supplies" that you never use them or seldom use them. Not only is it a huge hit on your pocketbook, but you will also run out of storage space for all your goodies and supplies.
I made that mistake of collecting supplies left and right. After a year of scrapping I only have on album done. I have now decided that I must get so many pages done before I allow myself to buy anymore "cool supplies."
( And boy does SB.com make it tough!)

Is sooo true what you said about supplies. I purchase a lot and when I do I always think that kind of paper, sticker or whatever will be what will make a difference. But the truth is the struggle is bigger because now I have more items to use and I get lost...

Edited by DANI.BMM on 09-09-13 07:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DANI.BMM
Veteran
DANI.BMM
In response to designlife4me

• designlife4me Said:
I agree. This site is a little overwhelming, but, just like with scrapbooking, once you start, it's hard to stop. Be sure to check out others' "My Place" and invite them to your friends list. Get a little community of your own started. It will help encourage you in your own scrapbooking efforts.

Does MY PLace still exist?

DANI.BMM
Veteran
DANI.BMM
In response to MomWolf

I just want to say its really reassuring seeing a person that considers onself as non-creative, but looking at the year you join and by the numbers of posts I do really have salvation!

• MomWolf Said:
Thank you so much for providing the list! I've walked into the scrapbooking area of my local craft store, purchased a blank album and some "baby girl patterned pages" and wanted to start a book for my daughter (who is now 16 yrs old). I brought it home and was dumbfounded as to how to start the book. After watching all of the shows on TV and all the neat pages they come up with, I wrote myself off as being non-creative and said "forget it!" and put the book aside. My close girlfriend at work made a book with a few pages in it for me for this Christmas, and left plenty of blank pages and embellishments for me to finish the book. So......I am now looking for tips to finish her book and also the one for my daughter. Hopefully I can be inspired by others on this site and become creative. :smile :

DANI.BMM
Veteran
DANI.BMM
In response to Patti Sylvia

Thanks for translating. I was having a hard time trying to understand those abreviations.

Just found a page w/ the abreviations:
Abreviation List

• Patti Sylvia Said:
ACU = all caught up....mostly used in the challenges meaning you are all caught up looking at all other lo's in the challenge.

JCI = just checking in....mostly used in the challenges meaning you are just checking in to see if there have been any new posts to the challenge.

Edited by DANI.BMM on 09-09-13 08:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks for the encouragement! I am afraid I have my irons in too many fires. I do so many types of crafts in one small room it is hard to prioritize.

Scrapbooking is new to me and my main problem is the large tote of photos I have to sort. I also have photos in old photo albums from 30 years old on. How do I save these photos? Some stick as I take them out of the old albums.

Thanks

Open

Lisa1988
Tenant
Lisa1988
In response to MaiziesMom

Someone mentioned in another post about a glue remover to rescue photo's from wear from adhesive..I can't remember it but I'm sure someone will read this and know what I'm babbling on about lol

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Lisa1988

LOL Lisa! It's called Un-du.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Lisa1988
Tenant
Lisa1988
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Well I knew I wasn't crazy, harder to convince strangers lol :)

hcabuffy
New Kid On the Block
hcabuffy
In response to KnSmith

I have found when I went shopping I had to focus on my project cause I would have liked to buy everything in the store. LOL

hcabuffy
New Kid On the Block
hcabuffy
In response to DANI.BMM

DawinAz,

I'm a new scrapbooker too and I can understand the difficulty in just focusing on what you need when shopping. I had to focus on my project and what it needed and I still think I didn't buy enough. I am looked at other scrapbookers work and I find myself saying I need more items.

Hcabuffy

hcabuffy
New Kid On the Block
hcabuffy
In response to hcabuffy

I'm trying to reply to certain people but when I click on the reply for that person it seems I am reply to someone different. Am i doing something wrong?

hcabuffy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to hcabuffy

You want to hit the reply button above the post you're responding to.

hcabuffy
New Kid On the Block
hcabuffy
In response to hcabuffy

aquabunny,

Thanks for the tip. Let see if this works.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hi all I'm completly new to scrapbooking
I like what the lady said about there not being no wrong. I was just wondering if there is tips or advice any help would be much appricated.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to apriljade

Look up top - under Classes. The Learn to Scrapbook class would probably be helpful!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hello everyone how are you all doing? I'm excited to get started. I love seeing the work that has been done thus far, and even though it looks overwhelming I cant wait until I become as skilled as you all.

Kimberley-jones
New Kid On the Block
Kimberley-jones
In response to sharnett

Hi all, I'm new to this site and new to scrap booking! Well, I have collected all my little ones 'artwork' over the years and glued (with PVA glue - ooops) into a large scrap book with little quotes here and there.
But I want to really scrap book, using photos, quotes, journaling and sentiments. I've signed up for the beginners class and have day two to read
Can't wait to get started. Just trying to decide what type of scrap book to get or to use a ring binder folder (don't think these look as effective tho)

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Kimberley-jones

Hi and welcome!

You can start with a ring binder if that's what you have already, and if you get really into scrapping and find that it isn't strong enough, you can transfer your pages into an album later. Anything will get you started.

Feel free to start you own posts in the Beginners and General Scrapbooking forums, and find out how to use the Search function too. There's so much information on here.

Good luck and have fun!

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Hi, all! After all this time, I have finally gotten around to checking out the Forums. Now I am kicking myself as to why it has taken me so long. Well, of course, work and home life are major priorities.

Now to 'jump in', so to speak.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to suebird

That's ok. Just enjoy learning and growing in your craft.

We are here to support you.

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to bonprof

Thank you, bonprof!

So many great ideas are out there!

cwilliams41
New Kid On the Block
cwilliams41
In response to KnSmith

DO YOU HAVE EVERYTING THAT HAVE IN THE CLASS. THIS ALL NEW HOBBY FOR ME. I BOUGHT SCRAPEBOOK KIT FROM HOBBY LOBBY. DO YOU PUT GLUE ON THE PIC TO PUT IT ON THE SHEET.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

I got started with scrapbooking last year when my daughter was in the NICU. I finally managed to complete one page. I have so many ideas for more pages but I never seem to get them done.

crazy4choc
New Kid On the Block
crazy4choc

I am pretty new at scrapbooking, but everything I have learnt to begin, I have put on my blog.

http://bubbleomanda.com/2015/08/20/scrap-it-b eginnings/

Let me know what you think. I am prety new to to blogging as well, so any feedback is very welcome!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Imnew

Hi everyone, my name is Neli. I'm new at this thing and I'm so excited about gathering my supplies to start die cutting, embossing, etc. The list on my shopping cart is getting longer, but I really want to make sure I buy a really good die/embossing machine. I've read reviews, comments, and videos about them, and I narrowed it down to a Fiskars or a Spellbinder. But then I found out that the Fiskars is going to be discontinued. So, now I narrowed it down to the Spellbinder or Bigkick. My question is, do you think I should research other machines? Just to add that I really can't afford anything more than $100 (including tax and/or shipping & handling. Thanks for your help.🌹

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to N. Laurista

Welcome! So far as I know, the Big Shot is the best machine on the market. I know alot of crafters own this one and I have one myself. Just the ease of use, doesn't take up much room and just a great little machine. The price point isn't bad either. The difference between the regular one and the plus is that the Plus is 9" wide as oppose to the regular Big Shot which is 6" wide.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks so much for the information.

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics