Page 2 of 86 
Username Post: WESTERN Pa Scrappers!!!        (Topic#1380093)
miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin
In response to scrappinbecky

Maria-glad to hear your hubby is safe. What a day at the supermarket...lol.

Becky-I like to know too. I have been using Hermafix/Dotto, but I do not like it. I have tryed many of them and hate them all. I did use the Duct brand from Wal-mart its ok, but I can use the whole dispenser on 1 LO.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to miklin

wow Maria...I would of been laughing so hard at the shoplifter LOL Glad nobody got hurt though!!

Becky & Linda - I use dotto, which is okay but sometimes it gets gunky (sp?) and all on the inside of the dispenser...I recently bought the scotch brand purple tape dispenser...it is okay, but I don't like the way you have to tug it to the side to break off the adhesive when you're done. I also use my Xyron s (150, 250 & 900)...or I use glue dots & strips...or...(can you tell I am an adheisve junkie???) I also use that blue pen type stuff...2 way glue or whatever it is called...the name isn't coming to me at the moment. I'm tried tombo & do not like it, I have also tried the herma tabs & hate that stupid thing.

I got alot done today...my scrap studio is organiozed as it can be for now until I go nad buy some more drawers & such...I got laundry done, the living room cleaned, basement steps scrubbed (they were FUNKY...now you can eat off them! lol) I also got Rayna to actually eat a solid meal. I've been lazing around, and now it is time to make dinner. Catch ya all later!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma
In response to Diva Scraps

Adhesive wise I use the CM tape runner or the zig 2way pen. The kind Lori described. I'd love to find another tape runner. One I can find easily. I HATE HATE HATE (did I mention hate? lol) the hermafix. I've tried the tabs and the dotto kind. Nope dont like either one.

The reason I fear of running out of pics is because Jenna is older and in school all day. I dont work, and Im not married. That all equals up to way too much free time! LOL

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin
In response to Jennasmomma

I heard alot of good things about the CM tape runner. I might have to buy one. Oh, we might be going to that store Scrapbooker's Dream in McMurry that Crystal told us about tomorrow. Hopefuly DH will get his yearly bonus deposited tomorrow. If we go I'll let you all know how it it.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to miklin

Linda, yeah supposley its under new management now so id love to know what its like.

MY god Maria, 600 pics what are u takin gpictures of??? lol cant be ur kids?! u takin like 50 a day or what?? and i thought i was bad with the pics..

LMAO hey girls guess what im pretty much up to date on my pics and being scrapped.. hahA!!

The adhesive i like is the "we r memory keepers" there is so much nicer then the herma!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to scrappinshortie

Oh Maria, glad ben got to Utah safey i know those plans freak me out too... and gezz u had some excitment in giant eagle. thats like about a month agao some lady had a sequare (sp?) right in walmart and knocked everything off the shelves on the one side in the baking aisle i never seen anybody do that before.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

OMG i was just on the Doodlebug website and IM drooling over all the new stuff theyre coming out with.. they got RIbbon packs like the american craft ones except these are side by side not up and down.. OMG!!! im in love!!!! sorry i just like Doodlebug and didnt have aybody else to say it to but u girls!!!

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

evening all. I am just catching up from all the posts I missed. Brian is out of town for a couple of days, I know Crystal is doing the happy jig right now. So, I don't know how much sleep I'll be getting.

I love my Xyron machines (sticker maker, 510). I recently bought a couple of the TOMBO adhesive runners to try them out. I have the Vellum one they recently released too (I really like it and it does disappear under vellum). I also have some of the foam dots and stuff.

Tell me Crystal, where do you get the energy to have a husband, 1 year old, beautiful house, fabulous scrap studio that you actually use and work with my husband? The husband and kids part wears me out enough that I don't really enjoy my job because I am so tired and forget about scrapping. I am so envious.

Lori, YEAH for the scrap studio. Are you getting all settled in now?

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly
In response to scrappinholly

I am one of those people who take pictures and really don't do anything with them. I have sleeves of pictures from honeymoon, Disney, Christmases, etc. Not only that, but I have pictures that I forgot that i took.

Linda, let us know how that shop is.

Becky, I am still trying to clean up from my family's surprises from over the weekend.

Karen, YOU GO GIRL. Want to come to my house next, I could use some sprucing up.

MariaS
MariaS 
Expert
MariaS

Crystal - I just checked out the new Doodlebug stuff. I LOVE the new ribbon packs! Something to add to my wish list....

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma
In response to MariaS

ya know, I really dont have a favorite product line. Maybe its cause I scrap on such a tight budget I try to get the most for my buck lol

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

Doodlebug has some great new stuff, don't they! Great patterns and designs.

Karen, I would have to say you'll never catch up! It sounds like you're as behind as I am! LOL

Maria, it sounds like you've had quite the day. And I'm glad Ben made it safe and sound!

Adhesives ~ I use my Xyron 's a lot. I have the 150, 250 and 900. I really like the Cheetah, and I use that a lot too. The Zig glue pens are good, too, and I use them a fair bit. I like the Wacky Tack vellum tape. Those would have to be my favorites.

It was another long day at work. I'll be glad when this transition is over and life goes back to normal! They think they have a new director. It's a girl from another office. I don't know her very well, but I know there are 2 girls in my office who don't like her. I think it's going to be kind of rough, but we'll see. Enough of my work woes...

Have a great night!!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to Lmz1234

lol Holly, well ask Jerry he'll tell ya.. i B-I_T-C_h alot about things LOL!!!! well ur full time im not so with the days im off i clean and rid up the house, then when jer gets home we do whatever then after Bridget go's to bed i scrap.. sometimes i scrap if me and jerry dont go no where. as far as Brian, well he really aint that bad. Sometimes he'll get on my nerves but not to much, plus he supposely been talking to randy good about me and i might be getting a TSR position at the beginning of the year so im exciting and really hope i get it... so me full time with a kid, husband and my house.. well thats gonna be another story.. if you get bored well hes gone come down u can bring the kids they all can play together..

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

So....I just downloaded a new ringtone for my phone. I hate the ones that came with the phone. I also have a free phone so I dont have the options to change the ringtone for different people. So now my ringtone is the theme song to H.R. Pufnstuff lolol

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

• Quote:
ya know, I really dont have a favorite product line. Maybe its cause I scrap on such a tight budget I try to get the most for my buck lol

I know what you mean, Gina. I'm always on the look out for good deals. And if I wait long enough, the good stuff goes on sale, too. I'm just not always exactly up to date with my supplies.

Crystal, good luck getting the new position! That's very exciting.

H.R. Puffinstuff.... now there's a memory jogger! I loved that show when I was young.

Have a great Wednesday!

Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby
Mayor
Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby
In response to Lmz1234

Wow! that is alot of pics!!!! I have rolls and a ton of disposable cameras that need developed and I keep putting off because I know that I am not ready for them yet!! I miss my digi!!! but 2 cameras are from when my friend was home from iraq, and i want those ones, so now its a process of elimination!!!

Lori-YEAH on getting your room set up!!! that is such a nice feeling!!!

Crystal-you are lucky! you were already scrapping when bridget was born! NO Fair!!! I started 3 days after Raelyn was born!

Becky-hope your head is feeling better, I just came down with a cold fun fun! Dayquil and Nyquil are my new best friends now!!! I HATE this weather change!!

So my night off was very nice, I played with the kids for a LONG time! something that i usually only do for awhile and then put off to clean, so I said forget cleaning. I had my friends son, (the 9 year old) and he made balloon animals (this kit he had) for the kids, then made swords and we were all running around fighting with them. Then me and jay got to spend time together. so it was a VERY nice night. No scrapping or scanning but it was worth it. No more days off until saturday! but then I have that whole day off.

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma
In response to Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby

Glad you had a good day off Jen.

Crystal hope you get the new position.

Currently Im suck on a LO. I cant think of a title I like. Its pictures of Jenna with clown makeup on. 2 pics are with the white makeup and red clown mouth, and one pic is with her friend Maddy when they were dressed up as clowns. They go with that Watch this LO I did.

Any title ideas?

Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby
Mayor
Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby

Oh Gina, I have never heard of that ringtone? I am ADDICTED to downloading ringtones!! when I first got my phone I spent more money on interent time downloading them than I did on the tones it self. then my friend changed our plan, we get unlimited internet now so we only pay for the tones. I am not downloading anymore until I get my new phone though! i hate that when you switch phones you lose the tones!!!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

hey i got another lo done!

Grandma & Bridget

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

how about Bridget last night, she started doodling.. i took pics imma get her some crayons and coloring books today. I set her blue table in my scrap room so now she can do things while i do them too!! lol hey it keeps her busy!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

I did that when Jenna was younger. Well Jenna was like 7 or so When I started to scrapbook. Just call it Bridget's scrapbooking and she'll sit there longer LOL

Its so exciting when they learn something new. I miss that stage.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

u girls have to check this out... i wanna make one !!! http://www.crafttvweekly.com/player.html?wid=36

Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby
Mayor
Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby

LOVE the new lo crystal!! you girls need to stop with these! I so want to scrap and have NO time!!!

Aw that sounds so cute about Bridget! make sure you get her a piece of cardstock and let her doodle on that and then you can scrap it later!! Always a nice way to keep them busy! Donald draws for HOURS!! he makes these lil guys now that are so cute!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

I did another LO today. I finally did that clown make up one. I'll scan it in as soon as I figure out how to blur a picture. One picture is of Jenna and a friend.

MariaS
MariaS 
Expert
MariaS

Gina - I use to love H.R. Pufnstuff!

Jen - sounds like you had a fun night!

Crystal - great lo! I actually have a little table set up for Rachel and Adam to use while I scrap. They like to use some of my punches. That hinge book looks so cool!

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin
In response to MariaS

Hi everyone. Well I didn't get to go to that new store. No bonus check yet Maybe next week.
I can't get on much today. DH is home & hogging the pc w/his golf game.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to miklin

aww well maybe next week ull get to go linda!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

I went to walmart. I picked up some pictures, and the new scrapbooks etc. magazine (thanks crystal lol). I also went down the scrapbooking isle to get new blades for my craft knife. I ended up also picking up the Fiskars craft knife.

Vegetable soup is on the stove cooking. After dinner I think I'm going to scrapbook tonight with my new magazine, new knife, and new pics! LOL

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

I regularly pick up scrapbook etc and just started my subscription for CK. (Thanks to Catherine's magaizine sales)
I still haven't gotten any thing more done, but I did actually get some house cleaning done. Since Brian is gone and my parents (who watch the kids) are on vacation, we really don't have anyone to watch them. So, i work until noonish then take the rest of the day to do what I need to do. Catherine gets off the bus at 2:30. We went to the grocery store today and then I made a roast with potatoes.

What is up with this crappy weather.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

mmm a roast sounds good... i havent made one of those in a long time.. we sooooooooooo need to go grocery shopping.. we have nothign here.. we been eating out everynight and we got to quit.

I just got the new scrapbooks etc. my mom just did a subscription with them and shes giving them to me and i just renewed my CK subscription so i got taht one in the mail the other day.

Hey Gina, u said ur gnna scrap but i see u online.. LOL!!! go get some scrapping done girlie!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

Im scrapping crystal. I have the laptop next to me so i can chat and scrap at the same time LOL.

Im really loving how this LO is turning out. Im using that other sheet of paper you gave me Crystal. its too cute!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

im glad its getting smoe use i hate to throw that stuff away. that pp wasnt cheap.. lol!!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

thats heidi graces. i love her stuff but its so hard to find.. but ARCHIVER's HAS IT!!!!!!!!! hmmmmm now theres an idea.. u believe i have no PP to match bridgets Bday pics. UGH! if i get my butt up tomorrow imma go either to butler or Warren to get some paper to match probably the warren store i havent been there in a while ...

Edited by scrappinshortie on 09-13-06 06:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

i wana scrap and i cant cause the bday pics i have dont match anything LOL!!!!! IM BORED!! i should jsut go to bed but i dont want to! hehheehe

Edited by scrappinshortie on 09-13-06 06:40 PM. Reason for edit: im bored and felt like editing this!!!! heheheheheheee

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

OooOOo i hear thunder are we suppose to have a bad storm tonite??? ugh oooO!!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

ur chatting more than ur scrapping aint ya!!!!?!?!??!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

i just downloaded the msn messenger who has it? ill add ya!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

I do! [email protected]

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

i added ya!

im off to bed.. nite!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

Ok here are the 2 pages I did today:
http://www.scrapbook.com/scrapbook_layouts/showgallery....

Anyone have any tips on how to get the bottom of my pages to show up when I scan them? I have an 8.5x11 scanner. *sigh* I wanna submit that the Best Friends one.

OMG Im sooooo in love with my new Fiskars craft knife.

Well im off to do some internet pricing. My photo printer is starting to bite the dust. I just want to get a regular color one not another photo printer since I get my pics printed from winkflash.com

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

Oh...I was thinking about our bi-monthly get togethers... Since I cant host because I dont have the room. Im willing to supply ALL of the food one month. I think that would be fair what do you guys think?

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

Crystal, great layout!

Gina, Jenna's gonna have great memories! Great job.

I so wish I could find the time to scrap right now. It seems whenever I set the time aside, something goes wrong, and I can't. And usually it's something that's out of my control. So, there's nothing I can do about it. Ugg... I really don't like when things go like this.

So, what does everyone have planned for the weekend? I'm teaching a CPR and First Aid class on Saturday, but other than that, probably not much. Our 5th anniversary is on Friday, but we most likely won't do anything. Hopefully we can get some more things done around here on Sunday to finally put the house on the market.

Have a great Thursday!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma
In response to Lmz1234

I dont have any plans for the weekend. Im not going up to camp this weekend and neither is Jenna. We need a break since we've been there so much.

Im just gonna hang around the house all weekend.

Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby
Mayor
Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby

GREAT lo's gina!!

Crystal you were a lil bored this morning werent you!! I have never seen you post like that!

Weekend plans...no idea. I am off Saturday, jay has a job in the morning so its just me and the kids, makayla will be at her mom's. And hopefully I will get some scrapping done after he gets back, or we will find something to do with the kids. Sunday I work 9-4:30, I HATE long days like that, so I will probably nap when I get home and then who knows what else, probably take bree to coffee that is normally what we do on sundays.

I am dying...this cold stinks!! I sound horrible, I walked into work this morning the other secretary that works downstairs from me looked at me and said come here, and pulled out all these lil cough drops and such! So I am hopeing they will work. I have to work at 3 today, yuck...I can go home, get rae down for a nap, eat lunch, straighten up, go get makayla, wait for my friends kids, then go to work...fun fun. *extra money...extra money....extra money...*

I got a flyer from joanns and see they now have Basic Grey ?! So I told jay I was able to go shopping at some point with this!! Hopefully mine will have it!

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin

We made roast w/potatos too lastnight.

Gina-I have a program called Scan-N-Stich. It's free at first, then you must buy it($20?). It is super easy to use too.

No plans for this weekend yet. I have to get the house cleaned up a bit Nic's teacher is coming tomorrow morning. 8:30 am is very early!...lol.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to miklin

Yes i was bored and that was last night.. LOL!! I need to get my hosue stuff done this mrning so i can go to warren to shop SHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont say anything to jerry he'll kill me if he knows im going..

Hope u feel better Jen. Jery got a bad one right now too! and all i hear I feel terrible, Ugh i dont feel good, MY HEAD, I hate sinus pressure... and thats over and over again.. Man men are such babies!!!!!!

Yeah gins, san n stitch is a good one. Im so glad jen told me about it. now im lo's look good instead of that stupid line through them. but i cant get the bottom to show either like u said. i must be doing somethign wrong!

Have fun on ur day off Sat. Jen. I gotta go back tomorrow and all weekend. YUCK!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to miklin

whew! I just caught up! Boy this is a busy thread

Crystal - you could tell that you were bored Too cute about Bridget "scrapping" At a LSS near my work they had a paperbag album done with big grocery bags. They had the kids scrapbook the album and took pics of them making it. Then added the pics. Looks so cute. I might do that with my kids sometime.

Jen - glad you had a good night the other night. Hope you feel better. I think (knock on wood) I have the sinus headache under control. Don't know what is up with that. Boy, I had 2 days I did nothing. ( I did manage to work). Yesterday I got the kids off to school and went back to bed til noon!!!!! (I did work the night before, but usually I am up by 10 or 11 am)

I had to take Gabby for her kindergarten shots yesterday. She got 4!!!!!! Poor thing. They are suggesting that the chicken pox vaccine be given again at age 5. So she had the 3 plus the chicken pox.

Ok, off to get motivated. I am attacking Gabby's room... going thru her toys and clothes.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

I already have a stitching program. My scanner just cuts off the bottom of the layouts. As you see in my gallery Im trying to learn how to use my camera to take a picture of them instead lol

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

Gina, great lo's

Aww Beck, poor gabby!!!! i hate needles and im such she does too!! i need to do that in Bridgets room too and get rid of alto of stuff. imma put her good clothes and stuff on ebay .

Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby
Mayor
Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby

LOL Crystal..I wanna goooooo!!!! you will have to let us know everything you get !! that way I can live off you!! Jay hardly ever gets sick, but when he does, boy EVERYONE knows it!!! They are such big babies. I may whine about it but I still do everything I need to do, while men (jay) will literally not move from the couch.

Oh poor Gabby!!! Donald already got his shots at his last dr. appointment. they said "oh he will be ready for kindergarten next year, lets do his shots NOW" and I panicked!!! He did fine on the first 2 and they said the last one would burn and boy it did! he cried so hard! I HATE this! I usually make jay do the shot appointments!

I need to go through things also. And get summer clothes packed (tanks) and get winter clothes out. I keep putting it off, but I dont see us getting weather wear they can wear that stuff right now

KarenRosieRay
Governor
KarenRosieRay

Becky..attacking a room huh? You're much more motivated today than I!!

Crystal..LOL. Shhhh...Jerry won't hear anything from me this time. hehehe

Jen..Aww. Hope you feel better SOON! Colds just suck! I finally got over mine!! That was the shortest bout I've had with one!

Gina..I really like that Best Friends LOL!! Do you guys go to camp all year round? Do you have a trailer? My family used to have a trailer at a campground in Ohio.

Lisa...I plan on STAYING HOME this weekend! The past 3 or 4 has been nothing but run run run here!!

I need to run the sweeper and do a lil laundry. Other than that, I'd like to scrap a lil.

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma
In response to KarenRosieRay

We go to camp all summer and on the now on the weekends until it gets too cold. Camp is actually like 20 minutes from the superstation. Its the tshirt i had on that day. Moraine Camplands. Its a private members only gated campground. We have a trailer there that stays on our lot.

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

Jen, I hope you're feeling better soon. It sounds like your schedule isn't allowing for much rest. Joann's has an okay selection of BG. It's all on sale next week for 30% off incase anyone didn't get the flyer. They really seem to have expanded their selection.

Crystal, have a great day shopping. You'll have to let us know what you get.

Becky, good luck with Gabby's room. It always looks so much better when it's done, but I think it's a pain to do. And 4 shots... not fun. Nope, not at all.

Karen, have fun scrapping!

Today's not too bad. I'm actually getting work done! Everybody else is busy, so I'm not getting bothered for anything. It's kind of nice! So, I'm off to do more catching up.

MariaS
MariaS 
Expert
MariaS
In response to Lmz1234

Hi girls!

Gina - great layouts!

Crystal - have fun shopping!

Jen - get well soon.

Becky - poor Gabby, I hate when they get shots.

Today I'm trying to get some cleaning done. I got the kitchen floor mopped so far. I don't know why I bother sometimes - it will be messy again after the kids eat lunch!

I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. It should be interesting with Ben not there, hopefully the kids will be somewhat behaved. It's my cousins wedding so there are going to be a lot of kids there.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to MariaS

hey ladies...this thread really has been moving right along rather quickly hasn't it?

I'm stuck in lala land right now..I'm so beat and just exhausted. I didn't get to bed until about 3:30 (Thanks GINA! lol) then at about 5:30 our power goes out...again. Something about it freaked Rayna out cause she woke up screaming. She wouldn't go back to bed until the lights were back on, and after I gave her a small bottle and some TLC...man was she havin a fit...real tears & all! She NEVER cries like that. I don't know if she paniced when the lights went out (we keep the bathroom light on to give her a tiny bit of light in her room) and maybe bumped her head or something? no marks today though...so who knows. Maybe the microwave beeping when the power kept coming back on scared her. IDK. All I know if I feel like a flippin zombie right now, and it does not help any that Rayna thinks the electronics are her toys now...she keeps going and pushing all the buttons on the TV, dvd, turning on Nicks xbox...this kid is too smart for my own good.

I have some catching up to do with all these posts...but right now I think I am going to go and make myself some lunch and just relax for a few....if Rayna lets me that is. Does anybody wanna come babysit for a few hours while I nap? lol

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

oh yeah...Lisa, which Joanns did you go to that had BG? I'm on a strict no shopping binge until the SDV next month. I told Nick after the SDV I get to go shopping again on the 11th and he cannot say anything about how much I spend

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

Lori, I'm sorry you had such a bad night. I know Hannah used to react that way sometimes to the CO detectors when it beeped. It totally freaked her out. She's outgrown it, though. And once they get hysterical, it takes a lot to calm them down. I remember some of those nights! I hope you can get some rest. Sorry, I can't come babysit. They kind of frown on that here. :-)

As for Joanns - the one in Monroeville. I go there alot during my lunch hour and walk around if I don't have anything else to do.

Maria, have a great time at the wedding. I'm sure the kids will be fine, especially if there are other kids around!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Lmz1234

Monroeville Joanns is the place I like to go alot too...I just wish they carried more brand name stuff...like queen & co and what not.

Rayna is down for a nap and I really should take a nap too...but I know I'll wake up even more tired than I am now...so I'm just gonna crash out early tonight...I hope!

Maria I hope you have fun at the wedding...and I hope the kids dont act up too much!

Lisa I think you should come over sometime for some crop time...I know it's rough with trying to sell the house and all, but hey, you need you time too! lol

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

In reply to alllll the billions of other posts now...lol

Gina - like I said last night, you really should not feel bad about not being able to host. Not everyone can, and for those of us who can, I think it isn't that big of a deal really. Maybe if anything, the hostess will just supply the plates and stuff like that...but to pay for all the food, thats just way too much for one person!

Lisa - I have nothing planned this weekend. We need to finish doing some touch up painting around the house, and I'm gonna have tons of time in my scrap studio...so thats about it!

Jen - I'm sorry you're still sick...man, it must have been someone at the store or something cause we all got sick after that! lol

Crystal - let us know what ya get at the store...whats the name of it? I am salivating at the mouth here in anticipation of going to archivers...I told Nick I wouldn't shop until the SDV for now...but after that I think it is a MUST that I go to archivers

Becky - I do not envy you one little tiny bit! Shots are NO fun...I cry onger than Rayna does...she has to get shots next month, and I am so not looking forward to that

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

Oh yeah...Crystal...PM me your MSN thing so I can add you...I dont like posting my user names on public forums lol

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

Hey all, I got some scrap organizing done. No new LO but organized my stuff. I am only working half days so while Joshua was napping I organized. Then, I picked Catherine up off the bus and we went to WalMart. My sister got it right when she called some of the ppl who go to walmart "WalMartians". You see all kinds there, even during the day. Then we stopped for donuts and smoothies for snack and now I think I am going to try to get a LO done. Catherine likes to cut shapes and use the decorator edge scrissors. So why not. Brian is on his way home, so maybe I'll get a full night's sleep.

Lori, so sorry to hear about Rayna's fit. I know that Catherine used to have fits like that and the doctor said that "nightmares" start at this age. I feel you with the exhaustion, I am right there with you.

Maria, have fun at the wedding.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

OK, I got most of Gabby's room done. I still have a bunch of winter clothes to get out. Now I am off to work.

Gina - I agree with Lori.. totally not necessary to get all the food. I know I just love scrapping with someone else besides myself.

Lori - Gabby sleeps with a flower night light and listens to a CD (used to be classical now kids music) when she sleeps.... boy she can tell when the power goes out. I hope you catch up on your sleep. It seems that is all I do with my wacky hours.

Off to fold clothes before work. ewwwww!

How many people would venture into Ohio for a crop at my house?

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

Do they made stain guard for clothes? My goodness, Catherine comes home everyday with something ground in, soaked through, etc in her school clothes. She wears a uniform (polo shirt/shorts/pants/skorts/etc.) I think in the last week I have gone through an entire bottle of stain remover just to get out the peanut butter and jelly, cheese doodle cheese, pencil, chocolate pudding, dressing.

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

Becky, I would come to your house for a crop.

Does anyone use the Marvy Calligraphy pens. I have a set in Carnival theme, but I don't have the "art" of calligraphy down. I would love to send them to a good home where i know they will be used with love. Let me know.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

Becky I'd come out that way for a crop...I am sure others would too!

Holly you know what I use for stains? I use oxy clean...but not the regular stuff...I use the formula for the infant clothes. Only the spray kind..the powder formula isn't that great. I've been checking out the marvy caligraphy pens but have not bought any yet. It is one of many things on my wishlist LOL are they juicy like regular marvy markers?

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

I've only opened them a few times and they seem to be juicy. But i can't compare, because I've never used any other Marvy's. I have the Oxy-Clean pretreater (spray) but it doesn't seem to live whites (turns them yellow). My ALL TIME favorite is Zout. It used to get baby stains out like formula and jarred carrots. But i can't find the concentrated squeeze bottle anymore, only the liquid spray and Oxy formula. Zout used to work fantastically on my husband's shirt sleeves (from working in the grocery stores and digging in filthy shelves.) Crystal knows how bad it can be.

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

I think I need a longer mouse/keyboard cords. I can't type from the table and do a LO at the same time. I need a laptop like Gina

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

I got my laptop last year. I got it from dell for $1,135. Lol. I love this thing!

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin

My DH won a Dell laptop from work. It's mine! LOL.

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly
In response to miklin

I couldn't get so lucky as to win one from work. And $1100 is a bit out of my budget.

KarenRosieRay
Governor
KarenRosieRay

WOW! COOL Linda! I* LOVE my laptop..when it's working anyway!

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

Were you able to get it up and running Karen? I know Lori's Nick had looked at it but I haven't heard anything more.

For all of your girls who shop holiday toys on a budget, here is an article for you
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerartic... Walmart is getting rid of their layaway program in November.

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

Lori, Monroeville Joanns is starting to carry more. I was there today and they have rearranged (they've been doing that for a while) and gotten some new things in. The BG, K & Co., Memory something... I can't remember. Lots more stuff than just the scrap essentials. And they have their Bazzil packs and lots of MM on clearance. And let me know when you're up for cropping! Schedule permitting, I'll be there!!

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234
In response to Lmz1234

Ok, I think I hit the Add Post too soon. Holly, I know what you mean about Walmart sometimes. There are times I don't mind going in there...and then there are other times when I can't wait to get out of there.

It sounds like you got a lot done today, Becky! I wish I had that energy some days. And I would definitley venture to your house for a crop.

When I was younger and was playing softball, some genius decided it would be a good idea for us girls to wear white pants. It had to be a man! Anyway... to get out the ground in dirt, mud, blood from skinned knees, and whatever else we got into, my mom would soak our pants in cascade dishwaher detergent. It worked wonders. I've used it on some of Hannah's clothes, and it still works wonders. Not sure where she got the idea, but it works, and is cheaper than the stain removers (I'm a little on the frugal side).

I have the Marvy calligraphy pens, and I really like them. I adon't really know how to do calligraphy, but if you hold the pen right, and not turn it while you're writing, it looks like calligraphy.

I really like my laptop. It's relatively new, and I use it a lot for my teaching and crafting. It's a Dell, too. We got a really good deal on it, but winning one would have been so much better!! (Lucky, Linda!)

Holly, I couldn't get your article to come up. Why are they getting rid of the layaway program? That seems odd to me. I guess they have their reasons.

I'm off to get Hannah to be. Have a good night!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to Lmz1234

calligraphy is a little tricky u gotta hold the pen one way and one way only and dont move the pen but move ur arm.. i learned calligraphy when i took Commercial art at Vo-Tech! man i miss taht class

walmarts doing away with there layaway? i never really put anything in there neways but gezz thats ridiculous. i wish target had one. i know there would be TONS of stuff id put in theres.. LOL!!!

well i took some more pics today and got them printed and now i got some pages to do!!!

Oh the warren store really blowed today. they didnt have naythign good except the BIG BOARDS the big chipboard by fancy pants the got flowers with stems 12x12.. there awesome.. imma ahve to go back to butler to get some more pp!

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

Crystal, I'm sorry you didn't have great luck today. I was looking forward to hearing about your loot!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Lmz1234

I'm sorry that your trip was no fun Crystal. You know what I just realized I need to get on though? I have like NO flowers! lol...I have like 3 jars and thats it! AHHH!!!! I always buy something else. i think I'm gonna do a HUGE flower order...hmmmm....LOL

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

Lol lori...so much for that not buying anything until SDV next month huh? (ducks)

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

Happy Friday!! I'm kind of glad this week is almost over. It will be a busy weekend at home, but that's okay.

Today is our anniversary... I can't believe it's been 5 years. Sure doesn't seem like it. We're not doing much, maybe just going to dinner.

I'm off to work... I'm running a little late today. I'll pop back later.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to Lmz1234

Lori too funny! "must have more flowers...."

Lisa - Happy Anniversary! Have fun tonight!

That stinks about Walmart not doing the lay a way thing. I never used it but I know alot of people did. I always try to be done shopping by the day after thanksgiving. I hate all the crowds!!!

Anyone know of a really cheap digital camera? I mean cheap. James wants a camera for christmas. I don't really want to get him a film camera because of the cost of developing..... hmmmmmm

Awwwww!!! You guys would come and crop at my house! I don't have a scrap room but I have a big living room. Although I would wait until spring. I wouldn't want anyone to get caught in our snow.

We have a laptop but it is slow. Also I can't get the hang of using my finger as the mouse.

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

Becky have you tried Ebay or as lori calls it evilbay? They may have a cheap one there.

MariaS
MariaS 
Expert
MariaS

Happy Anniversery Lisa!

I need to go to the mall today. I bought a new outfit for the wedding tomorrow and took it out of the hanging bag this morning to try it on. Then I noticed it still had the plastic security tag on it. I don't know why the alarm didn't go off when I left, but watch it go on today when I go back! Luckily I found the receipt....

Have a great day girls!

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma
In response to MariaS

Happy Anniversary Lisa...forgot that part.

Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby
Mayor
Jen a.k.a. Rainybaby

WHAT? Walmart is doing away with the layaway?!! Oh my cant do that! I live through layaway! Only usually for christmas, I put all the kids stuff on and then only have to pay as I go!!! NO this cannot be happening! Plus I am one of the crazy's that do the black friday sales and usually all that goes on layaway too!!! Are all walmarts doing this? they are going to lose a lot of business!!!

Becky: I would be willing to come to ohio!! I like to drive!

Lori: I hope that you got some much needed sleep, donald goes to sleep with the light on (right in his face, have no clue how he sleeps like that) and the tv on, but we turn both off before we go to bed and if he wakes and the light is not on, he just gets up and turns it back on!

Last night of work before my full day off tomorrow!!! Last night was actually pretty good. I had to work 3-9 (stayed until we closed at 9:30, took no breaks so extra money there!) but there were 2 of us in office supplies with an EASY manager (he's not really a manager, we only have 2 now that one quit, but he is the highest up on all of us and has keys to the store) last night was his first night closing and it went well. Our copy center girl was VERY busy so I was pretty much on register the entire night while the other girl did office supplies, so it was a nice change. Except when I had this one RUDE customer, she wanted help with the computers and the computer guys one was on break, one was with another customer and she says "i cant believe this is all the people you have in that department, thats ridculous" and I explained the situation and said they are able to take breaks ya know, and she goes back to her husband and says LOUDLY "no one can help us now, because they are all on breaks, we should go somewhere else" so I send the witch mananger over and they ended up spending $800. And I was not very nice to them though they were just mean all around.

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin

Becky, have you tryed Wal-Mart? I think they have some cheapo cameras there. Also, as for the laptop, you can buy small mouse/mice...lol for it. I bought one for mine.

Lisa, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

So, did you all get the pm i sent ya? If I missed anyone let me know.

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234
In response to miklin

Cheap digital camera.. .my sister got cameras for her kids last year. They were about $20. Yep, digital. They only store like 10 pictures, but the are still going. Her kids are 4 and 5. I can find out what kind they are and where she got them if that's what you're looking for. Let me know!!

And the mouse thing.. I have a cordless mouse for my laptop. I don't use it much anymore, but I did in the beginning. It made it much easier to get used to.

Jen, don't you just hate people like that. I think people like that should work one week in retail. They will have a new appreciation, I'm sure!!

I hope everyone's having a good day!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Lmz1234

Happy Anniversary Lisa!!!

Jen that sucks when people are rude to you for no reason. Some people are just stupid, what can you expect?

Linda I got the pm, and joined (as you know lol)

Gina...I'm not gonna buy any flowers til the SDV...I think lol...I may have to sneak away from the SDV and hit up a scrap store rofl

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Sneak away??? Oh no you don't I'm game for a road trip

Lisa - that would be perfect!!!! Could you find out where she got them. I could get 2 for that price.

Gina- good idea about evilbay I am kind of staying away from ebay for awhile. I go in spurts, until I get burnt. (someone not sending things, or not as described, etc)

Off to finish Gabby's room.... almost done. boy she has alot of clothes. She gets ALOT of hand me downs from my niece.

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

Sorry you souldn't read the MSN article about walmart. I said soemthing to the effect that they are loosing money and people (in general) don't use the service anymore. Have they ever looked at the Storage areas for layaway? We do the kids toys on layaway. I think that you'll be able to use layaway for this holiday season, as long as it is out by December 19th. I guess we'll have to come up with a new plan.

Jen- MEAN PEOPLE SUCK. I know the retail game and it's not your fault. Sometimes you wish you could just spit (EWWW) on them for being so ugly.

Happy Happy Anniversary Lisa. Brian and I will have our 6th on October 7th.

Lori, i got some really cute little plastic irredescent flowers at Joann's last weekend. They had them in the dollar kids section. The colors are pink, blue, green and orange. Perfect for spring/summer LO or a tropical theme. I haven't ever tried flowers in my LO but when I saw these figured what the heck. I am gonna try an Easter LO with them.

Becky, we bought our camera at Circuit City for under $200.00 And now they are gearing up for the newest and the latest in tech, so try Best Buy, Circuit City, even Eckerd Drug or Walgreens. I think one of them had a Kodak with printer for under $200.00

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

Becky AMEN for handme downs. My aunt (ironically only 5 years older than me) has a daughter who gets clothes from another of my aunt's (the good designer stuff). Then when she outgrows them, they come to us. They make the best play clothes because you don't feel guilty about getting something dirty or stained because two kids have already worn it. I've gotten some really nice stuff that way too, worn maybe once.

Lmz1234
Veteran
Lmz1234

Becky, I'll see if I can get a hold of her at the end of the day today. I'll let you know when I find out.

I love hand me downs! Hannah about lives in them. We get them from different family members, and so many of the outfits have never even been worn. She has more clothes than Mark and I put together!! But, it's saved us a small fortune in clothes.

I can't believe how much work I got done today. Which is a good thing because we have a meeting on Monday, and I won't get any work done.

So, tell me... I'm having a struggle right now. Instead of doing things I want to do, like painting or scrapping, I do things around the house like cleaning. How do I force myself to just take the time I need to take to get away from things for a while and do the things I want to do? I seem to be having a problem with that lately. So, I'm looking for some ideas.

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin

So, Nic had his teacher come here for the second time this morning. He liked it until she read him the book of Goldilocks & the 3 Bears. He did not like it. I could tell the way he was looking at the pictues on the book...then after she left on Sesame Street they were doing a skit on Goldilocks & the 3 Bears...he ran out of the room...lol. He is now (very rare) taking a nap. I can sneak some scraptime in...lol.

Lisa, I do most of my cleaning at night when Nic is in bed. That way the house stays clean after I clean it. The most part of the day I do things with Nic & scrap.

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly
In response to miklin

Lisa, I have the same problem that you have. This is a rarity that I am home in the middle of the day. But like you, I never have "time" to do the things that I want to do because my time is taken up by things I have to do like cook, clean etc.

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

Well I finally got a new printer. My canon photo printer died. *sigh* lol

I can use my fonts again!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

Becky - I have heard of a couple scrap stores out by the airport...I will do some more looking into them before the SDV and we'll sneak away if we get 'bored' maybe when we get hungry because that food menu looks so WEIRD

Holly those flowers sound so cute...I like shiney & sparkly things for my lo's. I like it all to be so very girlie!

Linda - I'm sorry Nic didn't like the story...lol...would of been cute to see him run away though! lol

Gina - what kind of printer did you end up getting?

Well..it is rainy n stuff here, and Rayna is having a pretty good day. We had her pictures taken today finally. I'm not sure if I am happy how they turned out...the new photographer was great...I only got I think 5 poses though. I dont know, we'll see how I like them when they come in.

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

I got a HP Deskjet D1320. It was only $30 lol

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

i have an HP deskjet 5440. I LOVE IT. I had an epson but it went through ink like nobody's business.

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

I DID IT!!!!
I DID IT!!!!

I GOT A LAYOT DONE!!! Two pages no less

Jennasmomma
Expert
Jennasmomma

WOOHOO way to go Holly!! Im about to scan my layout I did. Took me 2 days because of the font lol

scrappinholly
Veteran
scrappinholly

my scanner is only a 8 1/2 by 11. What is the best way to get the whole layout on without "losing" anything?
I think that is one of the reasons why i haven't posted any of my LO in my gallery yet.

Page 2 of 86 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics