Page 83 of 83 
Username Post: DeZineGirlz Critique/COF Group! Active/Full        (Topic#1380897)
~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to Melissa S.

Mel, take it easy. Don't worry about not posting. Enjoy your night out

Monica wanted me to tell you all that she's now in for a lot of wind and possibly tornadoes so keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers!

All this crazy weather everywhere lately is insane. I hope everyone else is doing ok. I saw a car this morning coming down from the mountain here that had 4' of snow on top of it...it looked ridiculous! Really? Knock some of that stuff off before you drive it around you idiot.

We don't do much on Valentines day. Never have. Bella is having a party at school on Friday and that's about it. Supposed to rain/snow again this weekend here so that means no going anywhere with this cast.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Just a quick pop in to let you all know that we survived the latest storm. We had a few more limbs down but it really doesnt matter with all the others that are already down..LOL... Some in the area weren't as lucky...roofs blew off and trees down on homes. Man oh man and the Spring storms/ tornado season hasnt even started.

I just updated my blog with some photos I took around the house from the ice storm. I took over 100 that day but I didnt upload them all..heehee.

I wish there was an easier way to upload to blogger. That is so time consuming.

I think I've finally gotten my house back in order. Now I can start studying again.

I hope you're all having a wonderful day..WOOHOO Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to Monica Jo

Hi Girlz!

I have been so MIA around here. Time just flies on by. Today was Valentine's celebrations at school. Faith had a great day. They made them the cutest little mailboxes.

Peyton and Chloe had their V-card exchanges towards the end of the day. Chloe wanted me to come to hers. Then she was a bit tiffed that I would have to have bring Faith. She said that her friends like Faith more than her, blah, blah, blah. Faith is just a bit more outgoing whereas, Chloe is reserved. She doesn't understand that though and just gets mad/jealous. Sigh....

Mel - a week and no typing...oh gosh. I couldn't survive. LOL I hope it helps get you back in order. I don't think Eric will get me a thing. I just got him some candy. I haven't even made cards, can you believe it? ugh The kids I just got candy too. They don't need that either. Bad mommy!

Chere - CA sounds like Florida...freezing one day, 80 the next. No wonder everyone gets sick. How is Bella??

Char - How is preschool??

Tara - How are those sweet little babies? And big brother??

Monica - Did you get your craft room straightened?

Kari - How are you holding up??

Tracey - HaPPy BirTHday!!!!! (a little early, but tomorrow will be really busy)

Ok...I am seriously putting off doing my Sunday school lesson plan. I have had so little time to think about that lately and I just have trouble motivating myself. I am glad the year is winding down. I will miss the sweet little faces I have had this year though. (even the rambunctious ones!)

Happy Valentine's day all.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Beth_P

Good morning Girlz. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! I'm taking a lazy Saturday so far. I'm almost embarrassed to say that here it is after noon and I am still in my pjs and robe.....almost embarrassed but not completely.

Beth~ Don't you just love sibling rivelry?

Mel~ hope your resting and recovering. Thinking of you.

Chere~ yes, How is Bella doing?

Kari~ I am so sorry, In my storm related MIA I somehow passed over your post about your friend. My heart goes out to you and his family. Hugss Hunny.

Tracey~ Happy Birthday to you Sweetheart. I hope it is the BEST!!

Char~ Hows he liking Preschool? How are you handling it?

Tara~ How are those beautiful babies?

Julie~ Thinking of you and missing you

Estee~ Big Wave

Anyone else I missed...Howdy!!

OK so I was going to spend all day yesterday studying but realized that I needed to throw together a Valentine card...UGH. I couldn't get to my scrap table to do it, much less to half my supplies. My craft room became the catch all room during the time we were without power. I moved everything out of the living room that we didnt need because all 6 of us took up camp in here. So of course all of the over flow went to the craftroom. Instead of studying I spend the day cleaning my craft room. I am so happy that I can see my craft table again. Oh have I have missed it. heehee.

By the time I finished in the scrap room Trent came home from work so I couldn't get his card made. I was thinking at the time I would just make it today while he was at work. But that changed this morning. He went out to the truck to warm it up before he left and when he came in he had a HUGE teddy bear...awwwwww...He had bought it yesterday on his way home from work and hid it out over night. So at 5:30am we exchanged Valentine gifts...without card..LOL.

I hope everyone has a Sweet day.

hugs

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to Monica Jo

Hey all...just a quick hello!

Happy early birthday to Tara!!! Hope you have a great day!

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to Beth_P

Happy Birthday Tara!!!!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Happy Birthday Tara!!!!!!!!

So whatcha get???? heehee

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn
In response to Monica Jo

Happy belated birthday Tara and Tracey!!

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to KariAnn

Shooooot, I forgot Tracey's birthday!

Happy belated Birthday, Tracey!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to ~Chere~

Hello Girlz.

I was wondering if I could get some DIGI help from yall. I want to do a new header for my blog to match the new background but I lost all of my digi files a while back. Could any of you point me in the right direction for Cowboy/rustic/ western type digi stuff?

I just hope I can remember how to do it once I get the elements...heeehee.

Thanks Girlz.

have a great day.

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Monica Jo

hey girls... remember me?? it's only been 2 weeks?? sheesh can't believe i havne't ppeked in in that long.....

work is busy and taking up most my day time and then of course babies the rest... i try to peek in at least ev other day... but this week has been hit or miss... sorry.

thanks for the birthday wishes girls...it means alot!!!! you all are so caring and sweet to think of me..

as i sit here and type...river just rolled from his back to his belly for the first time... so i'm gonna cheer for him....

ok i'm back.. man are they growing fast.... wow!!!
we had the belly to back down...but this was a first for the other way around!!! yeah river!!!

ok...anyway, we are off to order a pizzzzzza and then i may have to get down to my scrap room tonight... i got some new paper wire racks for my birthday from a scrapstore here in town that is going out of business!! i m so excited to organize my paper!!

off i go...

have a great weekend!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

YAY RIVER!!!!!

Oh Tara paper organizers, You lucky girl. I've been wanting Paper Trays for the longest time. They just keep getting pushed farther and farther down my wish list..heehee.

Have fun in your scraproom tonight.

I've been in mine all day and only got one card made. And it was just a quickie. Steven is taking his ACT tomorrow for the Duke University Youth Talent Search. I'm so proud of him. With all the problems he has given us recently I really needed to make a big deal about this test. I made him a good luck card and after his test I'm going to take him out for lunch. He doesn't know about the lunch part yet. That will be a suprise for him.. The rest of the time I've been trying to catch up on odds and ends things in my scraproom. Once I get those things finished I hope to get back to scrapping...But for now I'm just about finished for the night. I'm so tired I think I may go to bed early....

Have a great weekend everyone. Big Hi and hugss all around.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Monica Jo

Hi Girls!

I just thought I would hop right back in to say hello! My finger is coming along...it is sore but not throbbing lol! I take the brace off now for a little bit of the day..and I am tolerating well. It is still swollen around the knuckle..I can't fit any of my rings on there anymore..and I have serious doubts that it will ever go back to original size.

My knee....it is sore still. Looks like an MRI or at the very least..xray on Saturday..boo! I was told that it could take months for it to feel ok and then who knows. I walk on it fine..I even walk 4.0 on the treadmill with it...but I can't do squats or lunges or things like that. It puts too much pressure on the knee and it pulls and kills!

I have been having a lot of free time since I haven't been on the computer as much and at first it was pretty weird..I organized some pictures..then decided to do that free 8x8 album that I got an email from CK...I chose to do Tiffany Tillmans School Days Album and I used Ava's 3's preschool photos. IT should be here in about a week! I am so excited abouit it!

I also photshopped some pictures..I found that i could do a lot of stuff with the mouse and my finger just sort of did nothing..

Hmmm..I read the Reader..you know the movie with Kate Winslet? It was soo deep, a little frustrating, and a sucky ending...I caught up on all of my magazines and even read a frou frou book Chasing Harry Winston.

I am all set to sign up for the Jessica Sprague photo editing and photography online courses...monday is the date for signing up!

Valentines day was ok here. Bobby bought me my favorite chocolate covered grapes! Mmmm.!

Happy Late BDAYS to Tara and Tracey! I think I did post on your facebook accounts...or blogs...can't recall! hope your days were fun and good!

So lets see...to catch up..hm...

Charlotte...where are you???? How is life??? I hope you can do a quick update soon:)

Tara...Yeah River!!!!!!!!!!! Those babes are growing up so fast....did you scap anything the other day?

Kari..I love that song My life would S uck without you by Kelly Clarkson...I have it on my ipod..I was bad..downloaded it through limewire..

Chere..how is Bella doing? How are you doing?
Did you happen to have some success with that photo I sent you?

Monica...glad you got your scrap room all cleaned up..I sort of did...at least all my pics are organized, labeled and placed into storage boxes...now whne you said teddy bear you should have said he was huge!!!!!! What a sweet hubby you have:) Tell me more about the Duke talent thing...how does one go about doing that?

Beth..I know all about that sibling stuff..sigh...your girls are much closer in age than mine are...so I get a bit more of Abi being annoyed by ava..how is your job doing? Congrats to Faith for riding a 2 wheeler!

Well I am off to maybe log onto facebook..I have been reading along...but haven't really commented much..I did do 2 notes....I think I need to let that slide a bit...I just got in way too deep with here and my blog and then facebook and Perez Hilton and thne bloglines...ack!

Hope to see some more of you jumping back in!!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr

hey girls...just a quick one, i haven't messed with my paper organizers yet, but i did finish a lil' page....

Life is Rough
By Toofclnr

good luck to steven on the test!!! so exciting!!!

Happy Birthday to me!!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to toofclnr

ok, obviously still not organizing paper!!! uugh!

At Least my shoes still fit.
By Toofclnr

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Good Morning Girlz.

Mel~ It was so good to see you post. I’ve been wondering how you are healing. I’m glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. You know its amazing how much we can get accomplished when we aren’t on the computer..heehee. The two weeks we were without computer from the storm was the perfect time for me to catch up on a few things too. I read, crocheted, and watched every episode of Smallville from Season 1 thru Season 7. We had a generator hooked up so we could watch movies. Have you taken any of Jessica Sprague’s classes in the past. I had thought about taking it but with my two classes for school and the ones I’ve signed up for on Hp.com I just don’t think I can fit another in. You’ll have to tell me how you like it.

Tara~ Your newest pages are just adorable. I got a giggle from both this morning. And I just have to say how jealous I am of your Paper Trays …even if you didn’t get it all organized. Heehee. You did get two pages finished though so that ‘s something and besides…the more you scrap the less paper to organize right now..heehee.

Here is a card I mad for Steven.

Good Luck
By Monica Jo
Well I am a nervous mommy right now. Steven starts his test in about a half hour. His dad is taking him so here I am at home with butterflies in my stomach waiting. Heehee. I just called him to wish him luck again and to tell him that I have another surprise for him afterward. That is if the weather holds out. They are calling for us to get some snow this afternoon. One channel says just a dusting on grassy areas and another says we should get 1-3 inches…so who knows. I hope to take him out to lunch and for a bit of shopping. If we do get the snow we will just stay home and play some games, I’ll just have to take him out next weekend if that’s the case.

Happy Saturday to everyone.

Edited by Monica Jo on 02-21-09 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn
In response to Monica Jo

Hey guys!!

Nick and Bennet went to rent some movies and Scout & I are having a snack so I thought I'd pop in.

Welcome back Mel!! Glad to hear you've been keeping yourself busy- as if I had any doubt :)I heard about the Jessica Sprague class. May have to look into it.

Monica- I may have some Paper Trays i could send you. They are for pegboard walls though.

Ok- that was short lived. Milk and snack refill duty calls. Will return

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to KariAnn

Hey there all...

Monica...how did Steven's test go? Did the weather hold out for your plans?

Tara...wow, love those shelves! My scrap room is such a mess...and not very loved these days. So cool about River turning over. Ahhh babies!

Mel...glad to see you on here! Sorry you are still not back to normal. Did you have the xray or mri today?

Eric is out in the yard in the tent with Faith and Peyton. It's a bit too chilly for me personally, plus I am just exhausted. I was up late last night doing my Sunday school lesson plan. Went to be at 12:30....Chloe comes in at 2:30 and says she threw up. Fun. Well, she threw up everywhere. Seriously, I didn't know where to start. She had a trail to our room....it's not exactly right next to her room...I'm talking the girls hallway, the family room, the kitchen, the living room and right outside our room. Then, there was her room....she hit every piece of bedding..shams, dust ruffle, duvet, comforter, sheets, blankets, her carpet, her pjs, her blankie...then I see a puddle in her bathroom...she peed. Huh? Oh gosh. It took me an hour to get it all cleaned, sanitized, Chloe cleaned up, and her bed redone. Faith woke up, Peyton woke. Eric...not so much. Hmmmmm. He said I should have woken him to help. I can't believe he didn't hear all the commotion. Anyway..poor Chloe is still not feeling well. Hasn't thrown up since first thing this morning, but is running a fever and is just sleeping. Poor baby.

Ok...well, I am going to go and check on her. Have a good night ladies.

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to Beth_P

Howdy girls!

Sheesh, I didn't realize how long it has been since I was here last.

Tara...YAY for baby firsts, those are so exciting! I love your rack Just like shopping in your own LSS.

Mel, I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. That was quite an ordeal. You know, I haven't tried anything with that photo yet. Would you believe I sat down for the first time yesterday in probably 3 months and opened Photoshop? YIKES I had forgotten things that I would do all the time. I will get to it though I promise.

Beth...so were they camping in the backyard overnight?

Monica, how did the test go?

Bella is doing better. She got the plaster cast off and now has the fiberglass cast on for another 3 weeks. She might possibly need another smaller one after this too but we will see how everything is healing at the end of the 3 weeks. She is able to use crutches now which is a big help.

Ok, so who watched the Oscars besides Kari and I? I thought Beyonce's dress was horrid and it looked like curtains out of a chinese resturant and Reese's dress looked like a preschooler made it. Sophia Loren was just a mess!

Ok, off to get Bella from school. Maybe I'll be back on later.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to ~Chere~

I watched the oscars! I thought Beyonce lipsynced as well..and look horrid to boot! I am thrilled Kate Winslet won best actress...she has been a favorite of mine since Sense and Sensibility..Lets see Ben Stiller impersonating Joaquin was a little weird and I don't think people even really "got" it. I did thoroughly enjoy the Slumdog taking most of it...and I did see the movie and loved it. Believe me I saw the slums first hand as well...you couldn't even imagine the smell. The air even feels heavier.
ANd I loved the musical number..despite Beyonce..I thought Hugh Jackman was marvelous.

Chere No probs with the picture..I am not going anywhere haha! Glad to hear that Bella is on crutches!!!! Wow what a long time to be in a wheelchair...and what is with all the school drama now? If her school closes where will you send her?

Tara....are you on a trip? I love both lo's! And it is funny.I always comment about my shoes being the only thing that still fits...

BEth..OYE, Vey! I can't even Imagine the horror you must have felt when looking at all the puke and then seeing poor Chloe soo sick. My god...I told Bobby and he laughed that Eric slept through it all:) I hope she is feeling better today...how are you doing? Give her a hug for me...tell her I am thinking of her.

Kari..thanks sweetie...so what is a mock stir fry??? I saw your layout in Scrapbooks Etc...the one with Bennet..green and black one...it was soo nice to see a familiar face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica..yes how did Steven do???? Did the weather hold up?

Anyways..I am off to eat some lunch...I am back on WW as of today. It is sickening that I have gained 10 pounds..I can't let it get anymore. I am back to journaling the food I eat and today and tomorrow are going to be sooo difficult. I will probably be in sugar withdrawal...wish me luck. I seriously don't like these 10 pounds..

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~

VENT STARTING!

School drama...YES! I don't know what we are gonna do. I am pisssed and so are the other elementary parents. Bascially the Jewish Temple who is the umbrella corp for the school told us last September that they were selling the school/property and finding a new place but not to worry because the school was their top priority. They have lost 400 congregation members because of their location so they had to move. Last night we were told they found a new place but it's not big enough to accomodate the elementary school, only nursery-kinder. Basically, SO sorry elementary school, you are SOL.

Then 15 minutes later, they told us that an elementary school like ours wouldn't survive in the area they are moving because there's already another private/non-religious school there. So that tells me right there that they had this planned all along.

Now it is too late to enroll our kids elsewhere for the next school year. Private schools have waiting lists, no charter schools have openings, public schools are overcrowded, laying off teachers left and right (Jacki included). We even had one PS CLOSE in Yucaipa! HELLO, Where the hell am I going to put my child next year? I am FURIOUS that the temple lied to us and was stringing us along this entire time.

They did say that they are working on finding a temporary facility but that it would needs trailers and fencing and they would need another $1000 from each family to do so. Yeah, like I have an extra $1000 laying around right now to give them...I already pay $500 a month in tuition. They are out of their freaking minds!

I guess I could homeschool her if need be but seriously, what is this going to do to the kids? It is such a small, tight knit school and the kids are going to be devastated.

VENT OVER!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P

Gosh...it's been kind of quiet around these parts lately. I guess we're all too busy on Facebook, huh? LOL

Mel - figures Bobby would laugh that Eric slept through the night of vomit. Men. Yes, Chloe is finally better. Poor thing. She missed 5 days of school. I had her at the doctor and Monday and she was diagnosed with the flu. So far, no one else has it. Whew.

Chere - Poor Bella. That's a long time in a cast. She's probably a trooper about it though. Is she going to be scared to ride her bike now?

How is everyone else doing?

Happy weekend!!

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Beth_P

Chere..that is just terrible situation..I feel for you...and hope this works out. Jacki was laid off? I thought you mentioned that she might be soon. So sad if yes.

Beth..Glad Chloe is feeling better. The flu is not cool. You were lucky..knock on wood..that no one else caught it. How is your job going? How was it with a sick kid at home and you working?

Kari chin up..hope you have a bright day!

I have been perusing facebook but mostly I have been gearing up for an online photography course that started on Monday. I am super excited and have been working on the class assignments already. I might be even more scarce while this is going on..hehe..I have been pretty bad lately with posting. Sigh..

Today is an uneventful day..pick up Ava soon, go to the library, eat lunch and then take a quick snooze while Ava is watching a movie.and then chores, pick up Ajay and Abi, go to piano lessons, dinner, homework, bath, bed.

What is everyone else up to?

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn

Hi coming to you from my phone.I am out of town at a ******** trade show. I hate working the booth. It runs from 11-8pm so I won't get home until 9 ugh. So I'm going to spend the next hour reading Breaking Dawn and having more coffee. Will catch up soon

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to KariAnn

Chere... I missed your vent somehow...yikes, what a mess. I hope you work out the school thing soon. $1000 extra since they aren't organized or are trying to pull something. Humph.

Melissa - The job is going ok. It's pretty demanding, much more involved than I thought it would be, but it's going better. Everyday is a learning experience. Our team is down to 7 people. We started out with 35. It's sad when we loose people that we have worked with since December at this point. We lost 2 more this week. I am determined to make this work though, because it's been a blessing to be at home. I didn't miss work with Chloe being sick. Faith is home today, again, work goes on, she's home and comfy. Plus I am making some money. How are you doing? Feeling 100% yet??

How is everyone else doing????

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Beth_P

Hi girls...I am feeling a lot better...thanks for asking Beth. I will admit..it has been 3weeks since I started Wellbutrin. After all that I have been through I just needed something to get me out of my funk. This seems to be working beautifully. I don't have any of the side effects so that is a blessing as well.

Glad to hear that the job is going well Beth! It is nice to make money and be at home the same time. You are making the best of the situation...

Kari..breaking dawn already hugh? Did you like the previous 3 books? I remember reading breaking dawn til the middle and then putting it down for like 3 weeks because I didn't want the story to end. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts...I have heard a few people say who loved Harry Potter they didn't really like the Twilight series. I myself went to the library and got the first potter book and I couldn't get into it at all. I loved the Twilight series..

Chere...any leads or updates on the school?

So lets see...who is left that posts on here? We have Beth, Myself, Kari, Chere, Tara, Char, and Monica. I want to ask some honest questions to you all...do you feel that being on this thread is a little redundant since we all basically follow each others blogs and facebook pages? Do you feel bad that you just don't have the time to really be active here along with all your other sites and life experiences? Do you wish to continue this group or should we sort of just let it slide?

I just wanted to get everyone's feedback. I look forward to hearing from you all.

I have been happily practicing on my camera..and I am happy to report that I am slowly and I mean slowly starting to understand shutterspeed and ISo and how they work together. This monday we explore Aperature I believe. I shot some stuff in manual mode this week and have been surprised with the results. Not too bad. I love my new 50mm lens..it has amazing capabilities in low light and super sharp.

Other than that..I have been photoshopping those photos and dealing with sick kids again..and meal planning these past few days.

I can't believe that I am home on a Saturday night..but at the same time it is nice. Usually I have a sitter...

Alrighty...I am off to go read...I am into a new novel about the English Royalty...Daughter of York by Anne Easter Smith. I love love love these sort of books!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P

Hi girlz!

Mel - It does seem like we are having less and less time on here. I don't spend any time on sb.com unless I am checking this forum. I don't mind popping in and I like to know what everyone is up to, but.....we can still keep up on FB and by blogs.

Ladies? What do you all think??

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Beth_P

well i am the WORST at checkin in here lately and i sooooo apologize... i do check my facebook every other day, and my blog... and i try to get here a few times a week.... so it's up to you all.. i absoultey LOVE checkin in with everyone here though and keeping up on things... you girls are the best of support when it comes to anything and i don't want to lose that... i just feel i am spread too thin right now with the babies.. so i apologize.... boooooo

Mel... i was away to chicago for a dental meeting last weekend, that's where i was... it was fun and nice to get away for awhile and have some ME time, in the evenings... classes all day, but nice to chill in the hotel all alone in the evenigns!!! nothing too exciting! he hehe...
thanks for asking.

chere... CRAZY about that school thing... ya know... sometimes i wonder about people! hope it all turns out ok!!! anything new there?

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to toofclnr

oh by the way.. i follow the blogs too... one of my faithful things.... i love reading blogs!!

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn
In response to toofclnr

I read everyone's blogs religiously too. I like Facebook but I like scrapbook.com too. I guess I don't mind if the board isn't AS active. I agree with Tara

CharlotteJ
Mayor
CharlotteJ
In response to KariAnn

I am the guiltiest of not posting much lately. I just haven't wanted to be on the computer at all lately. But, I do like popping in and "keeping up" with each of you. I too would hate to let these friendships slide even if we all don't post all the time. Of course we can keep up with each other on fb and blogs- but somehow it's a little different on fb and blogs than on here, at least for me. I know a lot of you are very active bloggers and on fb so you must feel stretched? I am ok either way , but I do like popping in here.

not very decisive, eh?!

Chere what a mess with the school! I would be steamed too!! So, does the temporary facility mean that you still need to find other schooling options after the coming year? Hope some good solutions come your way soon.

not a lot going on this week. Daniel will be 4 next week and is having his first birthday party (with friends) this week. only a couple of friends, but he is really excited. He wanted to invite his whole preschool class, but there is no way this house could accommodate that many kids. It's snowing like crazy and cold, so an outside party is out.

Melissa tell us more about the photography class!:)

Have a super week ladies!

Edited by CharlotteJ on 03-09-09 06:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to CharlotteJ

I do like checking in here too. It seems more personal that FB and Blogs. Group hug!! LOL

Char - I was chuckling away reading about the birthday planning on your blog. Oh the mind of an almost 4 year old.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Beth_P

Hi Girlz! Glad I checked in tonight...had a crappy day at home today...well not so bad but enough to make me go hmmm...Ajay didn't have school so having him home threw a wrench in my plans...Bobby decided to fight about some bills and then I blew it into something it shouldn't have been so now I feel guilty. Did you all ever start fighting about one thing and then a new topic got in there and then you just both lost it??? Oh well. I guess I will apologize tomorrow. It is tough though since he is working so much this week. I will hardly see him until Friday.

Well I am glad to see that you all still want to keep this thread going...I just wanted to check with you all because I would hate to have this as a chore kwim? I never felt that way..I just was thinking of you all. I know time is stretched thin and life has a way of going crazy..trust me...I do know now.

And..I would never want to lose touch with any of you either...you all have been such a great support to me this past year. I couldn't have gotten through it without all your kind words and thoughts and prayers.

And your right...facebook is pretty impersonal..I would never dream of posting this stuff on there...I don't know why since both of these places are public..it is just that to me facebook invites people to your profile...this little thread really doesn't.

So I would like to keep posting here...check in ..vent....share good stories...come for support whatever...we can keep this as our special place.

Group hugs...:) \

Oh Char...you asked about the photography course..it is going well! Today was lesson 2 on aperature. To be honest I haven't looked at it with the day I was having..but so far I think it is worth it. I love the daily emails and the lesson are in PDF so I can download them and then print. Well actually Candice wants us to print everything and then at the end make it into a book. I think though that for me the toughest part will be time. I just don't know how when I am taking snaps of the kids that I will be able to sit there and think oh the aperature should be this..and the shutter should be this..oh and wait the ISO needs to be changed. I will be afraid that I will lose the moment. Candice does say with time it just becomes easier but I am not a professional. So ultimately I hope I don't go back to be on priority mode.

Ok goodnight gitls!!!!!!!!

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn

Oh Mel- I have been there. Starting to talk/fight about one thing only to have it go someplace completely different. It's usually something that I was mad about but decided not to bring up - until . . . you know how it goes. Hang in there ok- it happens!

I am off to read the end of Breaking Dawn- will return tomorrow!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to KariAnn

Good morning....I am sitting here in my conference call before work today. Both of the kids rides have sick kids. Faith's ride has been out since Thursday. Faith was out last Thurs/Fri too, but went back yesterday. I was able to take them all yesterday, but today and the rest of the week, I am on at 9. Faith ride isn't sure when they will be returning, so Eric took Faith and dropped her off early since I pay for wrap around anyway. Peyton and Chloe's ride has a different view on it....they are a friend and they promised to help me, so no worries, they will still take them even if their son is out all week. I am thankful for that. Truly. I do feel guilty that they have to worry about it though, but I do make sure to help them out when they need it too.

Mel - Don't be so hard on yourself. Fights happen. You and Bobby seem to go through this and it help to clear the air in the long run. Eric and I don't fight. He bottles stuff up and just gets quiet. I don't think that's any better. At least you guys know what's on your mind.

Kari - you are going to be done with that whole series soon! I need to read those one of these, just no time right now.

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn
In response to Beth_P

Beth- It's hard when school rides get all jumbled up. Somehow it throws the whole day off for me and I don't even have kids in school

Twilight- I finished the last book last night. Like Mel I took my time with the last one so I could savor it. I thoroughly enjoyed the books even though I had been trying to avoid reading them at all I told myself I wasn't going to buy into the hype. I did and I'm glad I did.

Here is my take on the whole Twilight/Harry Potter thing. I don't really see any similarity between the series besides A. The HUGE excitement and following and B. The other world/nonhuman element. Other than that I see them as very different. I did LOVE both series but for very different reasons.

The Harry Potter movies have been on last weekend/ yesterday. I actually sat down with Bennet and watched the first hour of the 1st movie on Friday. She LOVED it!! Actually said "Poor Harry Potter" when he fell off his broom. But- she's 3!! I'm not going to let her watch the rest of even the 1st movie. I am excited for her to get older so we can re-read them together. As I was watching the first movie I kept thinking "Look at how YOUNG they are!!!" it got me excited for the next movie. Coming out in July!!!

Mel- In my opinion the HP series starts out slow. When Nick started reading them he had seen the 1st three movies. I had him start on book 4. That's when it started to get really good. To me anyways.

Ok- work calls!

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to KariAnn

I am guilty of not checking in here often too. Honestly, this thread and a couple of PM's are the only reason I come here anymore...sad I know. I have no desire to go through forums anymore and I've been so bad about keeping up with blogs. I am fine with keeping up on here though, I don't want to lose touch with you guys! We've been together so long

I feel like lately I am stretched in so many directions and I feel like my head is gonna spin off somedays. I'm still in the thralls of trying to find classmates for our reunion this summer and getting everything set up...it's like planning a dang wedding! We only had 101 in our graduating class but we are missing half, our class Pres sucks azz and she's not even coming or helping!

Mel, HUGS girl! I'm sorry you are having a hard time, marriage is hard but your situation makes it even harder. I've always wanted to take one of those photography classes but just NO TIME! ACK

Beth, that's some craziness with all the car rides going on! I'm glad I only have one child

So I guess some of you heard my dog ATE our dead tortoise yesterday! GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!!!! Shelly died on Sunday and we didn't get a chance to bury her in the front yard. Carey left the big dog outside yesterday and she got it and ate the insides out.

What is it with our animals? We have too many, that's the problem...although minus one right now. Bella is unaffected by it, which is kind of disturbing to me. I was completely freaking out last night seeing that empty shell on the patio and she was looking at me like I was crazy. She loves animals and understands about death. I dunno, it's a mystery. Circle of life - she gets it apparently.

Haven't read Twilight yet maybe if I didn't sleep I could.

Alright, back to the madness that is my life.

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to ~Chere~

Oh, no news yet on the school sitch. It's still a mess and not sure what we're gonna do.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to ~Chere~

Ok barf and gag!!!!! I can't believe your dog ate the dead turtle.....perhaps it is AKA doggie delicacy... I am shuttering thinking about it...just think Chere....your dog probably licked you recently right..???? Hehe..I guess that is why people are grossed out when cats sit on your kitchen counters...supposedly their butts are dirty and they put the germs on the counter...I am bad..I let my cats roam anywhere they want to. I sure hope the school situation gets cleared up! And you know what?? I only come here as well to read this thread...I used to be sooo consumed with it...challenges, postings, galleries...

Kari...great explanations! I am glad you liked the Twilight series. Maybe I should watch the potter movies first...glad you mentioned that they start out slow...that is exactly what I thought when I put it down and moved to another series. It didn't catch my interest.

Beth...I hate relying on people to do things but I know sometimes we don't have a choice...Thank god your one friend still is taking Peyton and Chloe even when their kids are sick. I am not sure what I would do...Tough one..What is wrap around? Oh tell the kids I don't have any recent pics of Abi because she is in defiant mode...no pictures. I mean seriously??! What is she thinking. I made her promise to take pics on Easter though...we shall see.

So I have been playing around with my camera again for this weeks class...this week it is depth of field...next week is manual mode! I have to say that with the right lens you can really do some amazing things...my Nikon D90 is cool...and the new 1.4 lens I got is fantastic. The pics I can take in low light are amazing! I really still like auto mode...who has time in crunch situations to think about camera settings..but when you do have time it is well worth knowing things...

I so desperately want a new lens 24-70 with an aperature of 2.8. It costs a fortune so that will have a long savings plan.

BTW..if you are looking for a new Point and Shoot candice stringham recommends a Canon G5.

Oh and I am thrilled to have found out that my commerical camera store rents lenses and equipment! So when my girls have their ballet recitals I am going to rent a 70-200 2.8 lens...now I shouldn't have those awful blurry yellowy shots anymore! Yeah!!

Ok enough photography talk..but seriously girls if you want a good lesson you should check it out. www.jessicasprague.com...

Alright I am going to take a nap..thats right..a nap. I so need it.

Hope you are all having a good week....

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P

Whew! I am glad it's Friday. No kid morning shuffling for a few days.

Chere - Yuck on the turtle guts. I think kids are just so nonchalant about things these day. Too much on tv and such.

Mel - I watched the first three movies of Harry Potter before reading the books. I admit, I caught bits and pieces of the movies a few times before I actually watched them. I liked reading the books b/c the give so much more details. Maybe they just aren't your thing.

Kari - with that said....I am anxiously waiting for the 6th movie too! Yipee! LOL

Ok, it's about time to start the school pickup run. Rough call day with grumpy people and problems all day. I'd really like to just relax, but that just doesn't happen these days.

Any good plans for the weekend?

Chloe has a sleep over tonight. Her little friend's birthday. It's just her and one other girl. I hope that three is not a crowd. Chloe gets really sensitive and is not a "joiner".
Faith has a chick fil a birthday party to go to tomorrow. No adult activities...except maybe some wine.

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Beth_P

hey girls... glad we have decided to keep this thread...
i am like chere... i only peek in here to check this thread and a few others... i havne't gone to the forums, or challenges in AGES and realy don't miss it... i DO love the friendships i've made on here though, so i don't want to lose that....

GROSS!!! chere... that's something... i hope the dog didn't get sick! ick!! yeah, what is it with your pets... i remember when i first met you it was a one eyed hamster on the loose!! hehehe.. too funny!! poor shelly....i bet it would have been a sight to see the dog eat it right out of the shell though! hmmmm...

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to Beth_P

Something weird I just noticed...when you go to the forums it says that Tara was the last one to post on this thread but I the last post I see is Beth's????

Beth, how did the sleepover go? What's a chick fil a birthday party?

Mel, I didn't know you could rent camera lenses, that's good to know!

I was in Vegas all weekend with Jacki...you know the saying...what happens there stays there? That certainly applies to ME but I'll tell you guys anyway! OY VEY! We met some guy friends who decided that it would be a GREAT idea to take Chere to a strip club...a female strip club mind you. This place was classy though, nothing how I thought it would be. I had way too much to drink and one of my friends wanted to buy me a lap dance but I couldn't decide which stripper I wanted I got my picture taken with one though. Driving home 4 hours yesterday while hungover was brutal!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I gotta get to work.

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to ~Chere~

Chere - you so totally crack me up! A lap dance, from a female? seriously!? Hahaha! Not turning to the "other" side are you? Are you posting pictures? Sounds like you had fun.

I saw the thing that said Tara posted last too. Weird.

The sleepover went well. Chloe enjoyed it, made a new friend and wasn't very grumpy the next day. A Chick Fil A party is just a party at Chick Fil a. They played in the climbing thingy and ate chicken nuggets, did a craft, ate some cake. Short and sweet. I sat on my butt, ate some food and chatted with a friend.

Where is everyone else??

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn
In response to Beth_P

hello ladies!!!

This week cannot get over soon enough. I just want the weekend! Of course work is slow. WIth the ******** economy like it is who is going to be buying Office Furniture. Businesses are spending what little money they have on salaries (as they should). Plus- my boss decided NOT to pay us commission until we get ahead with our cash flow. So for someone in sales (me) where is my incentive now? UGH! I am honestly VERY happy that I have a job and am trying to maintain my 'glass is half full' outlook.

However- I'm mad that Wisconsin high school basketball AGAIN preemps Grey's tonight. Hello? I need me some Seattle Grace

I have been a scrapping fool this year. I did 14 layouts in Jan, 10 in Feb and 14 so far in March. It really is such a stress reliever for me. Getting lost in the paper. . .

Ok- I should try and work. Take care!!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to KariAnn

Hey Girlz. Sorry to go MIA again. I have been following along and keep intending to post. I am off and on the computer all day but I cant seem to get past FB lately. I'm beginning to think I need a support group. And some of you may already know from FB that we got a xbox 360 a couple weeks ago from his friend then I finally got the Wii and Wii Fit...which I LOVE. I've already lost a couple pounds and my clothes are not quite as tight as they were. Well worth the cost of the system for that alone in my opinion. I've also started watching one of Trent's nephews (Dalton) 3 days a week. He, Lathan and I have lots of fun during the day. Lathan enjoys him being here to play with even though sometimes he gets a bit jealous of me 'lovin' on him.

Chere~ I have found empty turtle shells in my yard..granted none of those were famiy pets... but not what I want to see when I step out of the door...ewwww

Mel~ I am the worlds worst about posting regular. But I have grown to really love you girls. I tend to get off in my own little world when I get hooked on something, Like a new game or FB...and completely throw my normal schedule out the window. I do not want to lose contact with any of you girls.. Even when I am not posting like I should I think of you all daily and wonder how you are doing. Thanks so much for keeping this thread going.

Kari~ You are rockin the scrappin lately...WTG Girl. I cant remember the last time Ive made a page. I've made cards and odds and ends projects but not an acutal LO in forever. Needless to say the photos are piling up because even tho I havent been scrapping that hasnt slowed my camera down any. heehee

Beth~ It seems funny to me to read of a bday party at Chick fil a...The only one we have around here is in the mall and its one of those small food court type. What is an actual resturant like? Is it more along the lines of a Mc Donald's with a play area or a Chuck E Cheese?

Tara, Char, Julie, Estee, Tracey, ( who am I forgetting..sorry) BIG HI AND HUG to you all.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry, workout, errr ummmm play on the Wii, then probably bk to facebook..heehee. and a little bit later Lathan, Dalton and I are going to walk around the farm picking wild March Flowers and I'm going to take my camera so I can play with creative shots..

Have a great day all...TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!!!!

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to Monica Jo

Monica...I think we all need a Facebook Anonymous

Beth...no I'm not going to the "other side". LMAO!!!! I would have much rather gone to a dance club than sat there and watched chicks take their clothes off.

Kari...that stinks that you aren't getting paid your commission. Is it something that you've already earned that they are holding back? That doesn't sound legal to me.

Glad tomorrow is Friday, I've been working all week and it sucks. Although have to go to my MIL's this weekend for her dead husbands memorial and I'm not looking forward to that. UGH! She's putting us up in some person's house who we don't know instead of hers...I DO NOT understand this woman! I think I'll need to take a long a couple travel bottles of alcohol for this trip

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to ~Chere~

Chere - your mil is a strange duck isn't she? Are there going to be people at the house you will be staying? Definitely weird. Hey, how is Bella doing??

Monica - We have free standing Chick Fil A's here. They are more like the McDonalds with the play areas. They do keep the play area completely separate with a door and no tables or anything. Shove em in and sit back and relax! LOL

Kari- That stinks about your commission. I understand the economy stinks and blah, blah, blah...but you are in sales and that's a big part of your bread and butter. Wow, that is a lot of layouts. I don't remember the last layout I did. SAD!!

Ok, I am actually in a meeting...yes this late. I am sleepy, so I hope it's not much longer, I have to be up early again in the am.

Have a great night all.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Beth_P

Hi Girls!

Chick fila is my favorite "fast food" restaurant! Call me cheesy but whenever I go there the people are soo nice, they play soothing christian music, the old lady that works the dining room is so sweet and nice with the kids..she gives them the little plastic table mats, brings over balloons and clears your trash. I seem to take Ava over there 2-3 times a month...I sit and veg with a book and she plays and plays. And this place is clean and offer purell hand sanitizer packs. And it doesn't hurt that their waffle fries are TDF!

Abi is at a sleepover tonight. It was a nice night. I have been holed up sick as a dog this week with that horrific stomach virus. I still get waves of cramps but they are passing. Ava is coughing again..and now she is complaining everynight of her legs hurting her. Sort of reminded me of Charlotte and Daniel. I told Bobby that if this continues for much longer I want her xrayed...

Chere..I love it! We went to a strip club (ok not willingly) about a year ago...with some friends. We all were drinking..and I was just amazed at the high lucite heels those girls were wearing..and the fake b0obs. Well Bobby lost a bet with his friend Scott and the friend told him he had to get a private lap dance. He was gone for like 45 minutes! He came back and said it was the most uncomfortable experience cause you can't touch them, there is a male bouncer like 10 feet away and they won't let you drink. Anywho..enough on that! It sounds like you had a rip arse time!!!!!!!

Beth..my plans for the weekend include opening up a new bottle of wine. One of my ballet friends suggested to try Cline Cashmere..it is a red varietal. Well I have it sittng to be opened..I think I need to catch up on my sleep from this week!

Tara..you know I am thinking about those babies of yours! I bet they are now sitting up?? How is life...? Joe get a job? Whats up?

Monica...I know all about Facebook! I seriously try to stay off as much as possible. My friend is trying to convince me to get the blackberry so I can download fb for it....I think that would be way too dangerous!!!! Glad to hear about you losing some weight with the Wii! That is great! Can you believe that we have the system siting in our living room unopened since Christmas???? Call me crazy but there never seems to be enough time to do the everyday normal things...

Kari...the economy is putting a damper on so much...i just want to sell our home so that we can downsize and Bobby can work a lot less. We hardly ever see him now. I am just thankful that he is in demand and can work. I just think that our family life is not what it could be. What are your thoughts on when it will turn around?

Here is a question for you all.....
I am on verizon and we have 2 lines...bobby's and mine. We pay 140.00 a month for a plan that has 2000 unlimited minute and unlimited text and pics etc. I think that is outrageous!!!! What do you all pay for your phones? Do you ever haggle with the companies to get a lower rate? I think I might try to renegotiate our plan this weekend.

Oh and I finally figured out what I want to do when Ava goes to school full day this September. I have always been interested in British history..esp the life and styles of the royal families. I am always reading some new novel on it....well I think I am just going to take some classes over at one of the colleges...will probably look into it in the next few months. I don't plan on doing it for a degree..cause quite frankly it won't do me a world of good...but it would pass my time and it would be interesting. Plus I am still dabbling in photography..so we shall see. I am happy to report that I successfully shot Ava's Preschool Fiesta in complet manual mode with no flash!!!!! I was soo excited. I never thought I would be able to do it. Now I am kicking myself for not getting a better camera back in February. I wonder if it would be possible for me to contact them about it? Hmmm....

Anyone doing anything fun for spring break or Easter? We really aren't. We might go to Kalahari though for 1 night. That is an indoor water park...the kids loved it when we went in January.

Ok goodnight girls..I am dead tired!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr

well i'll tell ya what's funny...

i WAS the last one to post... a LONG one too.... and it is "lost" somewhere in the cyberworld i suppose... makes me grouchy!!
sorry girls... i can't remember to type it all again.... h eheee...

No, Joe hasn't found a job yet and i'm still working like crazy and then having a ton to do in the evneings as well, so that's why my visits are few and far between..sorry! boo hoo! and so is my scrap time... nothing new in ages... i did one page last wekeend, but havne't had time to post it. very simple pages these days i'm afraid! but as long as it gets in an album i suppose right?

I do follow the blogs and all every other day to keep up with everyone... i sure miss hangin out here so much, but i'm always happy when i peek in and you all are still here and chatting...

ok... this post better go through.. he hehe

have a great weekend girls!
I have all next week off!! wooo hoooo!!! spring break! hope to scrap!!! Friday all day with friends and then the following weekend going to CKC in Collinsville for the weekend? anyone going?

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to toofclnr

ooo have a great time Tara at CKC!!!!!!

Where did this week go??? Holy cow...
Lets see...I have been practicing my photography like crazy. Thank heavens for Ava and Minka..both have been great models...I am beginning to get more comfortable with manual without a flash..tomorrow we start white balance. That should be good. I currently have it set to auto on my camera.

On top of that i planned an impromptu trip to Niagara falls on the Canadian side..we will be going to their indoor waterpark..and then you guessed it..I am going to shoot the kids in front of the falls..I hope I get some good shots!

Also Ava is now going to be going to the public all day kindergarten program. I received a phone call on Tuesday that told me the program got the go ahead and that Ajay's kindergarten teacher, whom I love, is going to teach! Of course she will go to private in first grade..but I couldn't let this oppurtunity pass me by. Plus it saves us a ton of money...and any money saved these days is so important.

Hmm..I also have been taking care of little things...like getting some quotes for spring cleanups and fixing the cracked grout in our kitchen..

There is a lot going on....I am sure everyone can relate to that hugh??

I also must admit that I didn't even go on facebook much this week. Gasp! I did manage to keep up with blogs but alas I didn't comment on all of them...time is short these days.

I have a ton of things to do on my to do list...

Bobby is calling me...sigh...we will be watching Vicky Cristina Barcelona...

Oh speaking of shows....I am completely immersed in The Tudors!!!!!!!!!! Fabulous show on Showtime..only prob is that we don't get it!! I rented season 1 from the library and it is sooo dramatic..I am s ucked in. Just thought I would share that with you. Check it out if you can.

Ok...Oh I am on a new book as well. It is called the The Kings Grace. Author Anne Easter Smith. Of course it is about the British family...1465ish or so...Henry the seventh..Richard the third...

Ok..gotta run...I got the call from him 3 times now....

Goodnight girls! I sure hope to hear some from you..and Yes Monica...I did get your email and I responded to you. You don't know how much your situation saddens me. I wish I could give you a hug in person.

Night..>!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr

mel, thanks for stoppin in my blog! and for the comments on my newest. sounds like you've been busy. i'm happy to hear about avas schooling....and saving money... that's so important these days... i can testify to that... ha! i'm hoping to catch up on some bills soon Joe finally got a job....
it's not ideal for us, but it's a job and it will help pay the bills.!!!
He started today..so i now get my mondays off again with the babies. the first two weeks are days, but that's orientation, then it will be nights 7a-7p uuuugh! i hate the thought, but hopefully somthing else will come up soon. i will have to get the babies to bed alone and get them up and ready for daycare in the morn alone too..yuk! i depend on joe so much to help out, he's such a great help, so this is gonna be a big change. but it's not every day, it's a weird rotation 3 on, 2 off etc etc... so we'll have a few days together off and on. But thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers, hopefully things will get a bit easier soon and we can get some bills caught up on....

I hope everyone is doing ok.... miss you all and hangin here as much as i'd like.... ) take care and talk to ya soon!

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn

Melissa- I REALLY want to rent the Tudors. I am such a sucker for that kind of thing. Phillipa Gregory, Austen. . . .

I can't wait to see your latest photographs. Are you going to do a little slide show on your blog? HINT HINT

Work. Well- we had the 'come to Jesus' meeting last week. Sounds like we will have hours cut and/or people will be let go. Of the 4 sales people here 2 of them have DH's out of work. I have a sinking feeling that I may be the one let go. All I can do is try my best and hope that things work out. If not- I will survive (Singing it Gloria Gaynor style!!!)

Tara- Congrats on Joe's job!! That has to be a huge weight off your shoulders. Once you get into a routine with the kiddos I know the mornings will be a piece of cake. Mmm. . . cake.

Hi Beth!!

Hi all!!!

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to KariAnn

Oh gosh Kari! I sure hope you don't lose your job..it is such a terrible time now. I keep hearing everyday of people either losing or cutting way back with their jobs. I can do a slideshow! I have so many pics though...the funny thing is this..my pictures out of camera are just so so. Once I photoshop them they are sooo much better. I even found out that with the most seasoned photographers their reliance on photoshop is pretty big.

Yah that Joe found a job! Nights aren't fun..but I am so used to it now that Bobby has been doing them for 10 years. ANything to pay the bills sounds good to me.

How is everone else doing??

Ok gotta run...bathtime calls...

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.

I finally updated my blog with pictures I have taken for my photography class. Pop over and take a look:)

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~

Hi girls, long time no post!

Mel, checked out your photos and they are truly AWESOME! I may have to take a class like that.

Kari, I swear if I hear about one more friend losing their job I'm going to SCREAM so loud you will hear it all the way in Wisconsin! Positive thoughts your way that it doesn't happen to you. Congrats on the new little niece.

Mon...how's it going hon?

Tara...great news about Joe getting a job! How was CKC?

Beth, Bella is doing great. She's been walking without her crutches off an on. She has a limp that I'm hoping will go away soon. She was complaining of her hip hurting the other day and then she said it popped back into place. So I made another Dr. appt next week to check that out. You would think maybe she would need some kind of physical therapy after all this but the Dr. doesn't seem to think so.

How is everyone else?

I've been scarce lately. I've been focusing on my exercise regime and losing weight. The house is a mess, laundry is piling up but I've lost 10 lbs and down a size! LOL 1 hour a day on the treadmill, 1 hour of conditioning, 5 days a week - on the weekends I do Yoga or Pilates. I'm past the point where it feels like work and now I actually WANT to exercise or I don't feel good the rest of the day. This is mainly because my reunion is in 4 months but I just really want to be healthy and fit again.

Ok, I have to go clean my house now, having people over tonight for dinner.

Take care everyone!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to ~Chere~

Awesome Chere!!! so proud of you and your exercising... i wish i could get in the MODE of the whole thing... i just am trulyo ff the wagon and have gained weight since i had the babies.. like 5 pounds! that's sad!!! and i sit here and heat peanutbutter M&M's!!! uugh!
As for CKC It was so much fun...
my scrappin friend and i went up after i got off work friday and went to the vendors and then checked into the hotel and cropped all night, i did a mini album of Londyn, drank 2 bottles of wine between us, went to bed at 230am, then up at 7am ( a bit hung overi have hardly had a drink since before the babies uugh) to hit the convention again. we took an awesome class based on ali edwards book "peek into your week" it was so fun. It's a neat mini. , then shopped somemore, and just got home tonight. so much fun, next year we plan on going for 2 nights i think and have more time to crop etc. I hope to post pics of everything end of next week on my blog, depends on how busy i get.

Kari!!! HUGS HUGS HUGS!! I am praying for you and your job!! I hope it all ends up ok. It's so scary these days! Joe made it through his first week, as did I ,b ut he's still on days a bit longer and has been able to help me. We'll see..
I'll be thinking of you, keep us posted...

Mon... (HUGS) and thinking of you too.

Beth..HELLO!!! how are things with you?? sounds like work is keeping you busy for sure!

Mel...I will go check out yoru blog... i have to go through them all tonight. i havne't been online a few days!

Sure miss tracey around here... i know she is so so busy!!! Hello Tracey ifyou are peeking in..

ok, gotta get off here......have a great night girls!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to toofclnr

Hi Girlz! I haven't been on here in a while, sorry!

Kari - Your in my thoughts...hope you don't add to the number of unemployed. I am with Chere that it's just overwhelming how many people are getting let go and how many are unemployed. Positive thoughts your way!!!

Chere - Ouch! Poor Bella with her hip. Sounds like she is doing good otherwise though. I bet she is glad to be out of the cast.

Monica - thinking of you.

Well, I need to get off of here. Nana is coming up for the kids tonight. I am almost done packing them, but I need to get some toys together. They are staying until Friday. They are on spring break and I am working, so she may as well enjoy them. I picked up extra hours now I am not so sure that was a good idea. I feel ansty being on the phone after a while. I am feeling kind of guilty about the kids going away over break. I normally do lots of fun stuff with them Bad mommy.

Tara - sounds like you had a fun time. I get drunk pretty easy these days too....I am just lame....no babies as an excuse. LOL And yes, work has been keeping me really busy. It amazing how much there is to that job. Who knew?? Is River feeling better??

Mel - The pictures are awesome. How neat to be able to use the camera in so many different ways. You know me....I put it on auto and click! Eric enjoys messing around with the settings and such. He would enjoy the class you are taking. How are things going for you?

Char - your little ones are just too cute! I loved looking over all the pictures on FB.

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to Beth_P

Weird...my post posted in a different order than I posted....hmmmm.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Beth_P

Hey Girlz. Just a quick pop in to give you all a great big Thank you so much for all the support and understanding.

I don't want to put any specifics here in the thread because it is being watched.....(You know who you are and I KNOW you are doing it) But I do want you to know that I love you all very very much and you mean the world to me.

Thanks for being awesome friends.

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Monica Jo

thanks for checkin in Monica... we are thinking ofyou....

Beth...thanks for asking yes, river is fine...only a one day fever, and we went to the dr for their 6 month check and Londyn was the one with the ear infection...uuugh, i tell ya!

Have a great easter girls!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to toofclnr

Ok...it just ate my post...weird.

Happy Easter girlz! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Tara...poor Londyn. Hope her ear is all better. I bet they are getting big!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Happy Easter Girlz!!! Have a Hoppy Day!!

Tara~ aww, poor Londyn. Ear infections are the pits. I remember Charlie had them all the time.. They would go from one ear to the other. That kids went through just about every antibiotic made. Hope shes better soon.

Hugs and love to you all...

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Monica Jo

thanks girls.... i think she is ok... they both have horrible colds right now though, part of going back to daycare i suppose..running noses and snot everywehre...yuk!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Sorry to hear you both are feeling yucky Tara. Day cares are bad about that. Schools too for that matter. Yuck!! I'm glad to hear she is ok though. Hope ya'll get over the crud soon.

I am working on my craft room today. I've not been in here except to just set things down in quite a while. I am in need of some creative therapy so I thought I'd get my room back in order and make something...anything...just create. There's no telling what I will come up with..But then again thats if I can get my room back in order enough to be able to play. hehee.

How was everyone's Easter? The boys seemed to have a good time. We went to church then to his Parents house for sandwiches and egg hunt I got a few pics but not as many as normal. I've gotten them loaded into my computer, thats about as far as I've gotten. I'm hoping tonight after supper I can edit the best ones and get them in a blog post. I am really trying to get back into some sense of normal routine. As much as I can anyway. It seems lately about all I can get done is dishes, laundry and my FB games. I ended up with a Migrane over the weekend and was down for a bit. But it seems like since thats pasted I'm starting to feel a bit of a release as far as stress goes. Does that make sense?

I hope yall have a great week. Hugs to everyone!!

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Monica Jo

Happy Belated Easter wishes to you all! We just returned from a long weekend in Canada..Niagara Falls. It was a lot of fun!! There is so much to do there I tell ya! Lets see we went to this indoor waterpark..played glow in the dark mini golf, of course saw the falls from the ground and up 520 feet, went in a haunted house, walked around clifton ave, Bobby went to the casino, ate the best cheeseburger ever...and the kids had their own seperate room...ahh!

Tara by now I hope your babies are over their sicknesses...I heard that kids do get sick alot in daycare up until like 2years but after that their immune systems are stronger than most kids..

Kari..how is your job doing? I loved your easter pics!! The girls looked sooo cute!

Monica..email me..I want to know who is stalking this thread..feeling crafty hugh? What did you make?

Beth...a little extra work is ok...more money coming in. I bet the kids will love being with grandma...don't feel guilty. I loved your easter pics..Chloe's hair looked really cute!!

Chere...how did Bella's hip turn out? Is she still limping? Whatever happened with the school situation? Did it all work out? Great that you are in the workout mode and losing weight! A reunion is a great motivator right?

I too miss you Tracey..but I know how incredibly busy you are...your new shop and classes look like so much fun!

I can't believe that the end of the year is winding down already..ava graduated preschool next month...I feel like I am getting older and older. Bobby and I are doing ok. I still have my moments of extreme agitation with him but for the most part he is changing for the better. Our marriage is almost where we were when we first met...ok minus all the baggage of the past 1o years. I booked a trip to Disney for december...beth I sure hope we can round up this time! I am back to my goal weight..I did weight wathchers these past 2 months and lost the 10 pounds i accumulated. I am back to 152.

my photography class ended and I am saddened by it. I learned alot and love practicing with it. I am in search of other classes..in May I hope to take a portraiture class also taught by Candice Stringham.

Other than that...life daily routines keep me busy.

Ha..I thought it was funny..i haven't logged on here in like awhile and I couldn't remember my password first time..call it brain fart or whatnot..but man I hope this isn't the beginning of my dementia lol!

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn

Hello girlz and happy belated Easter.

My job is still the same. I'm not happy here but will stay here. I know we would be much worse off without it so I'm trying to stay positive.

I love spring!! After a long, cold winter the weather is finally nice again. We are heading to MN next weekend for our annual March of Dimes Walk as an extended family. Bennet wants to practice walking every night when I get home from work. Sounds good to me!!

I don't think I told you that my sister had her baby on April Fools Day. Molly Jo. She is simply adorable. I can't wait to see her again next weekend!!

Melissa- Your trip to Niagara sounds wonderful! I am dreaming of a little getaway to NYC- just Nick and I. He's really busy with work so I don't see that happening anytime soon but I can dream

Sugar-I had more but have to run.

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to KariAnn

Ahhh, where does the time go? Honestly, these days, it's crazy.

Easter was good. We did the bunny stuff in the morning, off to church and straight to nana's. Ended up not getting home until 9:30, so kids went straight to bed. They are still recovering from their spring break. I guess that means they had fun at nana's house.

I have 2 more classes to teach for faith formation this year and then I am free! At least until the fall. If I do it again, I'll just do 1st grade again so I won't have to stress so much about lesson plans. Who knew how much work it would be? Whew! Peyton is already complaining b/c he wants me to teach his class.....sorry sweetie...your ship has sailed, you'll be 3rd grade. LOL I can't believe he'll be making his first communion in a few weeks.

Kari - good attitude on the job. A job that sucks is better than no job...but still the stress...hope it improves.

Tara - Faith has had a runny nose all year...seriously. Never really sick though. I think all the kids at her preschool have it. Ugh. Poor little babies...it is kind of a rite of passage. It will make them stronger in the long run.

Monica - yeah, my craft room is a bit lonely too. And messy. One of these days I'll actually get back to scrapping for me.

Mel - your trip sounds like fun. Glad to hear you and Bobbie are doing better. And I sooooo hope to get to Disney and see you guys in December. Please do keep us in the loop. I miss you guys and the kids would love to see yours. (Bobby and Eric are always ready for a beer or two). I wish we could do the food and wine thing again...maybe next year. I am so sad that I am missing the flower/garden thing now. Money sucks. LOL

Ok.....I need to go get Faith and run to the store before I pick up the elementary schoolers. Fun. Have a good day!

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Beth_P

I updated my blog about my trip!

Crazy times I tell ya..it was so stressful having Ajay home this week...I can't wait til he goes back to school on monday...I was feeling bad about booking him in a lot of camp this summer..but after this week I am fully confident that it will be a win win for us both.

Tomorrow is soccer for ajay and ava...the weather is supposed to be nice. Thank god. Two weeks ago it was muddy, windy and cold.

Today I actually put out the patio furniture..hosed them down..and sat on my veranda after dinner catching some rays. It is so refreshing to see flowers on trees and to know spring is finally here!

I want to say so much now but alas it is 1:00am and I am off to bed...I tried to catch up on Lost tonight...I am only 1 behind now.

Anyone thinking that Adam Lambert is like the coolest AI contestant ever????

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr

hi ladies!!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Hey Girlz. I just had to pop in really quick...I am having a Proud Mommy moment and just had to share with you all...check out this link..scroll down to the second picture..thats my oldest...I'm a happy Mommy!!!!!!!!!!

Click Here

I am enjoying the sun and warmth on my skin. How's the weather with everyone else?

KariAnn
Diva
KariAnn
In response to Monica Jo

Monica- Too cool!! You must be so proud!!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to KariAnn

That's awesome Monica!

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Beth_P

The darn computer just got stuck on stupid as I was posting my post...sigh...and it was quite long....grrr!

Shortened versioN:

YEah Monica for your son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is indeed a proud mommy moment..what a feat! How are things going otherwise? You know I am thinking of you!

I hope that eveyrone is on the mend and doign much better...Tara..your babes....Bella...

I can't seem to catch up these days...and it is hard to believe that it is the last leg of the school year.

We have been spoiled these past few days of glorious sunny days..today is gray and raining...

Here is what I have been up to"

I signed up for a portraiture class over at Jessica sprague.com that should be cool!

We have been sprucing up the house....cleaned and sealed our countertops, repaired our ceramic tile and then cleaned and sealed it. Hopefully our pool guy comes soon to open up the pool!

You may remember my blog about the huge storm we had a few months ago..remember I was outside in like 60 mph winds trying to hold up our precious plum tree??? Well I am saddened to report that it is only half alive....hopefully we can cut it back and it will regenerate..I would hope that for all that hell I went through it will be worth it.

I have been shopping like mad for summer stuff for the kids and myself.

Abi had her big year end culmination of Frontier Day at school. We had beautiful weather and I am so thankful!

We have had a few birthday parties...and a sleepover.

Scared about the swine flu...the one case in Ohio was diagnosed in Bobby's hospital..and he was the one to diagnose it!!!!!!! The hospital had a call from Washington and the CDC and they wanted to talk to the doctor but the administration thought it best that they handle it.

I am getting used to my hair..

Soccer is going for Ajay and Ava..both are having a good time.

The lease on our minivan is up so we just gave it back and got another of the same exact one..Toyota Sienna...had to pay 2,000 dollars in overmileage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crapo gotta run...the time again got away from me...have to run to the library before the normal bus pickups!!!!!!!!

What is going on with everyone else??????

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P

Yikes Mel, the one Ohio case had to be Bobby's! That is a bit scary. Here's hoping that it stays at the hospital.

Yes, it is hard to believe that school is just about done. Time seems to just fly on by.

busy, busy here...

What's going on girlz??

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Beth_P

I just wanted to pop in to wish everyone a Happy *late* Mother's Day. I hope each of you were pampered and treated like the queens you are.
Love and hugss to you all...

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Monica Jo

Where oh where did the time go? I just wanted to update you all on the happenings at the Singh Household. Ava graduates from PS on Thursday, Thursday night the girls have full dress rehearsal for their ballet recital, Saturday is the recital, Sunday is full of bday parties for ABi and Ajay, Mom leaves on Sunday. Monday is The Little Miss Brecksville parade for Ava...Where oh where did the time go? I have been busy doing everyday stuff. This is a crazy week for me but just wanted to share what is going on. My mom is coming in on Wednesday,
In addition to house showings...yes still no offers...grr....doing my portrait class, homework, Abi's best friend grandma is dying of cancer and will die this week most likely, (so sad). I still need to find time to work out...which has been sadly put on the back burner of late...

Sooo...I hope everyone else is doing well...anyone care to share?

Edited by Melissa S. on 05-18-09 04:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Hey Mel, WTG for Ava, PS graduate..she’s a big girl now. They grow up way too fast, it’s so sad. Sounds like you have a super busy week ahead of you. This is the last week of school here too. Friday is the last day for the boys.

It’s such a hard time to sell a house now. I’ve been wondering how it is going for you. Maybe we could get you on one of the HGTV real estate shows..heehee. (yes I love my HGTV)

Things here are still ‘Drama Central’ with no end in sight at this point.

Steven has his first baseball game tonight and Lathan’s first t-ball practice is Thur. Steven has another game Thur. too but luckily they are at the same park. Trent has been trying to work as much as possible. He’s putting in super long hours and is really starting to get wore down. He’s stressed over the money right now with every extra penny going to lawyers. I want to help out with the money, I wish it wasn’t all on him. But Lathan start’s Kindergarten in August so I may try to find some work then. Even if only to make enough to pay a bill or two it will help out a great deal. I am getting ready to start making things to put on Etsy/ Ebay hoping to make at least a bit to help out. There really isn’t much I can think of that I can do from home right now. Trent doesn’t want me to stress about the money, but when he stresses I stress, ya know.

I talk to C & R as often as I can, I call everyday but not all my calls get answered or returned. I’ve not seen them since Mother’s Day. I do hope to be able to see them Thursday if not before. That’s the plan now anyway. One day at a time around here.

On a lighter note…It’s warmer, the storms have stopped for a few days and the sun has been shining…Like Kari or Beth said (sorry cant remember which) on FB a while back “the Sunshine is like Crack”. It has a wonderful healing quality to it.

So how is everyone else? It’s a busy time of year with school ending. Any big plans for Memorial day?

We will probably just grill and play games outside with the kids if its not raining.

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to Monica Jo

Well I have been pretty absent from here too. Sorry all. Nice to see what's going on with you guys.

Mel - so sad about Abi's friend grandma. Sounds like you are super busy as always. I was just thinking about you this morning as a matter of fact. Faith is graduating preschool next Wednesday too. So bittersweet that the babies are going to kindergarten. Sigh. I can't wait to see all the dance photos and other event photos when you get a moment. At least you are getting some showings still on your house. They aren't even being shown around here. I know that is completely frustrating.

Monica - Sorry to hear that you are still having so much drama. I was hoping that it would be resolved by now. I can only imagine how much you must miss the boys. You must have sent your storms this way....It's been cloudy and rainy since Sunday night. The next 10 days look like much more of the same. I shouldn't complain....we need the rain.

So, me ....preschool graduation for Faith, Peyton got his Wolf badge yesterday night & sung the Star Spangled Banner with his den, Chloe has a end of year program on the 2nd, pretty typical end of year stuff. I'll be glad when it's summer. I think. Then it will be me trying to work with 3 kids home. Maybe I am NOT looking forward to that. LOL

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Beth_P

hi girls...sounds like everyone is busy busy busy. we are too...sorry i havn'et been around often!!!
today is river's first physical therapy... he has "torticollis" or wry's neck... just a muscle thing which should resolve itself with s few months of therapy.... i guess it was because he was so scrunched up in my belly they say... but anyway, she will be here anytime..so i can't stay long...
hope you all are well.... HUGS to you all!!!

and mel...yes, joe found a job in April, he goes to nights in JUne...i'm so sad we will never see him, but it's a job for now!!!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to toofclnr

oh mel, by the way...what is that photo class you are in... i may check it out when i get my camera.???

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to toofclnr

Tara head over to

www.jessicasprague.com

The photo classes are taught by Candice Stringham. I took the Oh Shoot Class and I am currently in the Portraiture class. I also bought the workflow editing class. This one is self study so I will devote time to it once the Portraiture class is over.

There is another lady that teaches a fab class..I will link to it in my next post. It is much more expensive but from what I have heard it is much more indepth than the Oh Shoot Class. I may even take it still. You never can learn too much.
Glad to hear Joe has a job! Nights are tough..Bobby has been doing them going on 9 years. But it is a job, it pays the bills and it lessens the money load. I heard about what River has...it should be fine once therapy is over!

I did cry at Ava's graduation...sigh...and then her parade for Little Miss Brecksville was on Monday....and that was sad..her last event before she gives up the title. The ballet recital was good...got some good shots of the girls in their costumes..my mom was in town..it was a little stressful.

I am not looking forward to the summer break..it will grate on my nerves having the kids home and off schedual..thank heavens for some camps.

We did receive an offer on our house..but it was a very insulting one. I can't believe those people...I think they were trying to capitalize on someone else's misfortune..thank heavens we are not in that predicament..so we declined and countered a price pretty close to our asking...it these people are serious than they should give a fair offer. If not..they should move on.

Gotta start working out again..I have been lax with that lately...

Gotta run..sorry! Monica..thinking of you...stay strong...I am hoping for a silver lining for you and your family.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to toofclnr

http://www.snapshotsofagoodlife.com/index.cgi?p=descrip...

This is for that other class Tara!

Edited by Melissa S. on 05-26-09 03:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P

Mel, sorry to hear that the offer was such a joke. I guess they figured it was worth a try, but come on.

I am waiting to see the ballet pictures...... lol

Monica...things any better hon?

I need to get some teacher's gifts together this weekend..nothing like waiting until the last minute..school is out June 3......

I go on a field trip with Faith tomorrow at a local farm. should be fun, but I hope it doesn't rain.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Beth_P

Beth...end of the year happiness or blues? I am caught between both. I am not looking forward to the drama of having 3 kids home a lot..have you found that when you have 3 kids one of them is invariably left out? I guess I will have to be more vigilant with playdates..Did it rain for Faith's farm trip?

I am gearing up for the end of the year...I have all the teachers presents..will be participating in Ajay's field day next tuesday..and then the end of the year party next wednesday. This friday is Abi's spring fling...I personally love this day. The end of the day is a big tug of war with the teachers...it is fun to see some of them get covered in dirt or mud! Ha!

It is the same ole weight struggle..I am trying to lose 3 pounds I gained over mothers day time...too much chocolate!

I am finished with the portrait class...I just uploaded my finished storyboard..I can't wait to get the instructors feedback.Now I am going to look for more classes to take.

What are you guys planning for fathers day?
Since bobby loves roti and chapati's..(indian bread) I bought him a tortilla press and fry pan to make them in. He doesn't like to roll out the dough so this will be a major help! Plus I will make ressies for a brunch at Brio. No more buffets lol! The mothers day one was just mediocre and sooooo expensive.

I have to see a dermatologist for a mole on my back that is irritated due to it being on my bra line. Can you believe the first available appointment isn't until August 31st? I can't complain but really...

So Tara how you liking your new camera???

Charlotte..where are you??? I am always looking at your blog hoping for an update..vacay pics..disney...what are you doing?

Chere...you sound like you are doing ok on FB..but really are you? How is Bella? Any proceeding updates?

Kari..so how many lo's did you complete on your retreat? I haven't scrapped in almost 1 year! Can you believe it??

Anyone else still lurking around here?? Come out girlz whereever you are lol!

CharlotteJ
Mayor
CharlotteJ

guiltily lurking over here and have been occasionally since I got back from my vacation! I haven't been on in so long I never know where to begin.

I'm glad for summer and to have Daniel home in the mornings. I like having the day open- of course that hasn't even been working out with out preschool. So, what are your teacher gifts of choice? I haven't had to do that until now. I went with gift cards...

Mel I wish I could make the time for some photography classes! you are so lucky.

Monica how are things going? I think about you all the time.

Yes, how is it with three. Is some one usually left out? Jesse and I keep debating that one. I want 3. He thinks someone will feel left out too often.

sorry this is such a short one. I have so much catching up to do with each of you.

Chere I sent you an email today. Sorry, I cant' keep up with you on facebook. I just didn't want to be on there any more. Been thinking of you a lot too!

A big hello to each of you!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to CharlotteJ

Hey guys...or I mean girlz!!

Char - you guys are adopting another child? How exciting! Where have I been???? Three isn't bad, but there are times when two play better. It all depends on the day and the mood.

For teacher's gifts this year I made three kinds of truffles, chocolate covered cherries, and chocolate covered pretzels. I made each teacher a card and made the boxes I put them in out of cardstock. Last year I did make note cards...I didn't have time to do that much this year.

Mel - sounds like you have summer mapped out well. I am pretty much just winging it. We go to St. Augustine in July. Other than that, we are playing it by ear. The kids will visit with nana some. We'll see. It should be interesting with work and them being home.

No, it didn't rain for the field trip. It turned out to be just perfect. The kids had a good time.

Where is everyone else?????

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Beth_P

mel, thanks for the links! i will check them, out, however, am out of money after buying the camera.. he heeheheee....
it's going ok, i bought a book and am studying it over... maybe a class soon. we are headin out to the park later, i will play around with it and practice. if the kids will cooperate! right!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to toofclnr

mel, also, love the pics on your blog... i got Londyn that same dress for fourth of july!!! i love it!!!! she looked so beautiful, i bet you were so proud!!!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to toofclnr

hi ya ladies!!! just a quick drive by...i fianlly got tooooooo SCRAP!! just for a few hours, but it's a start!!!
you might have seen these in my blog..but here they are again!
You are so Silly
By Toofclnr

Laugh Often
By Toofclnr

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Hey girls!! Just a quick drive by. I have tons of things to do today weather permitting. Baseball/t-ball season is in full swing and thats keeping me pretty busy too.

Things are still the same as far as the drama. Bk to court on Monday...ugh.

Hope all is well. I think of you daily. I hope to get some time to catch up on everyones blogs. I feel like I am missing so much. Shoot, I've barely been on FB these days..heehee

TTFN

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Monica Jo

Charlotte! Hi:) I am so glad to hear from you..I know what you mean though....it is so hard to just jump right back in..there seems so much to tell and you just don't know how to because of all the back details...anyways...in regards to three...I do have a little problem with that...the girls are good together..they have similar interests now..which is weird given Abi is almost 9 and ava is 5.5! They play Polly Pockets, and American girl for hours. They do a lot of imaginative play. I am all for allowing the kids to stay as young as possible. I don't want Abi to grow up too fast. Now when Ajay is involved it is helter skelter! He wants to be hyper..run around, make messes, play sports..so the girls do that with him for a bit then they leave to do other things..he gets sad I can tell. He does tend to play a lot by himself. I have way more fights when 3 play than 2. I think the key is to have playdates for the one that is left out the most. That will make up for a lot of the sad feelings. Plus as parents you just have to find things that all 3 like and plan accordingly. All the kids like board games so I encourgage them to do some of them. The strategies aren't perfect but they do get you through the day. Now as your kids get older and have those playdates you will quickly find out that an even number of kids is much better because it gives someone a partner..Hope this helps. Did we ever hear about your vacation? I hope to see some pics of Disney up on your blog....

Teacher gifts: I have found a great thing that most teachers love! I buy the Vera Bradley Keychain wallets that are 10.00 and then I go to Starbucks and pick up a 10.00 gift card. For 20.00 you get a gift that the teachers rav about. Also after christmas I hit up the department stores for the godiva chocolate or any hometown fine chocolate..(we have Malley's)and buy it up for 50% off. Then I give them to the teachers as well. They keep really well double bagged in freezer ziplocs for up to 1year. The gifts that say #1 teacher or mugs and such are really a waste...at least that is what I have heard. Think about how many mugs they must have received if they were teaching for 10 years! ha! This year we pooled as a class money to buy our teacher a gift certificate to her favorite salon. When she opened it she was soo happy that she cried. I think personal gifts are best..find out what they like and go from there.

Monica..good luck on Monday...I hope things are getting a little better for you.

Beth...I heard you and Eric had a great dinner together the other day..no kids..they are at Nana's! Ummm and now you must explain the fairy land pics! You know..I am coming to Disney with Ava again in December...I hope we can see each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hint hint! We can meet up in Downtown Disney as well..just a thought..unless by then you have your tickets to the parks...

Ok...it is the 2nd morning without school..it was so nice to sleep in! I shouldn't get used to it since on monday the camps start and I have to be up at 7:30...which is still better than the 6:30 I got up during the school year!

Chere...sounds like you have fun at a concert...! How are things??? Perhaps you could update us on your fb thread..I think of you nearly everyday.

Kari..you have such a sense of humor! I love your fb entries.. I can't believe how big Scout is gettng..and her hair is soo blond! I laughed..ok probably shouldn't have...at your library story..believe me it has happened to the best of us....

Ok I am off...need to take a shower and actually do something..we have been so wet here lately...rain rain and more rain. Today it is supposed to be cloudy but NO rain. Maybe the kids can play outside.

Oh Tara..Forgot...I would love to see Londyn in that dress! I loved it too....

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P

Hey...just realized I haven't checked in here in a while....yikes!

I am a bit crazed with all three kids home and trying to work. Eric is going away next week for three days, so I won't even get the little after dinner break. Of course, he has been working so much, I probably won't really notice too much. Sad, huh?

Chloe's birthday was yesterday. Gosh. 7 already. Hard to believe. Just had a few friends over for pizza and swimming. Her birthday always falls around father's day and ballet recitals, no one can ever come...I simplified. It was fine. She gets overwhelmed with lot's of kids anyway.

Mel - the fairy pics...lol..well, it started out that we were going to do our nails. Then Chloe wanted to dress up...I was in my bathing suit, so I had to be coordinated to that. Hence all the green tinkerbell stuff and nail polish. Anyway, we went outside and played fairy. I was foolish enough to let Peyton take pictures. It's all good. Sort of...lol
And, yes I would love to see you guys. I'd love to be able to go into a park, but we are still really struggling. I am so tired of working all the time and STILL having no money. It really stinks. Downtown Disney would work as well. We'll have to see how things are going much closer, but do plan on seeing us.

Tara - those babies are just soooo cute!

Monica Jo - Nice to at least see the quick update.

Hello to any other drive by lurkers!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Beth_P

hi girls!!!
mel... i havne't taken any pics of londyn in that dress maybe on fourth of july! ha!
she actually has wore it once already to church.

HI bEth... thanks... they are so fun!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Hey Girlz...I've not been on SB.com in a while.
I'm here now trying to get some information on my new deep cut blade for my Cricut. Im using it for the first time cutting chipboard. I cant find any information as far as settings wise..

So I thought I would jump over here and say howdy to my favorite scrappy Girlz.

Hugs to you all...Love ya bunches

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Monica Jo

helllloooooo **ECHO****ECHO***
anyone here?? he hhee...
i don't peek in here much because i usually see you all on facebook... just seeing how you all were... hope the summer is treating you well!!!

by the way, does anyone still keep in tough with Kristin??? I lost her blog link and didn't know if she still had it or not?

anyway, i'm off to check my facebook, then to bed...off all next week!! wooo hooooo!

night night

Page 83 of 83 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics