Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: New Personal History Question Challenge        (Topic#1384275)
Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

This is going to be the new site for our Personal History Question Challenge. The orginal challenge began with Scrap-Emmy and it has been a great challenge. It is an opportunity to jog your memories, get ideas for journaling and a great exercise in writing which gives you practice with discriptions, colorful imagery etc.

Scrap-Emmy had to stop hosting this challenge and I have volunteered to keep it up. It was getting confusing for folks since we couldn't edit Scrap-Emmy's first page to update the questions. Moving the topic is the only way I can keep things updated.

The rules of this challenge are very easy. I will post a new question weekdays (Monday through Friday). You may download the question to your blog and answer it. You may copy and paste the question to word or whatever program you use and answer them. Then if you so desire, you may post your answer on your blog and set up a link here for folks to read your answer(s). Also do not feel pressured to answer every question, some may not meet your needs so just answer the ones you want to.

HERE ARE ALL 100 QUESTIONS OF THE PERSONAL HISTORY QUESTION CHALLENGE. I HOPE YOU WILL TAKE THE TIME TO READ OVER THEM, ANSWER THOSE THAT MEET YOUR NEEDS AND FEEL FREE TO POST A LINK HERE TO YOUR BLOG SO WE CAN READ YOUR ANSWERS AND GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER.

I have enjoyed doing this and if there is enough interest after the holidays, we may do a 2nd challenge. Just let me know.
ENJOY!!

Just found out that in moving the list, I managed to lose a question, it was originally between what is now my 41 and 42, so I have added it as question # 101. Hope that doesn't mess up anyone!

Here are the 101 questions:

Personal History Questions

1: What did you do as a child that got you into the worst trouble and what was your punishment?
2: What talents have been handed down to you through your family? (Knitting, quilting, food, etc.) Who handed it down to you? Will you hand it down?
3. Did you ever have roommates? Tell about them and the things you learned from living with them. (If you had many, pick the 2-3 most influential to write about).
4. Tell a courtship story about your parents. How did they meet, how old were they, and how long did they date, etc.?
5. What do you fantasize about doing or being?

6. Tell about your kindergarten experience. Do you remember the 1st day? Did you love it or hate it. What games and toys did you like to play with? (Be sure to include as many specific names, dates and details as you can...Teacher's name, school name, friend's names, approx. year, what you wore, etc.) Include as many stories as you can remember from that school year.
7. What is your child-rearing philosophy?
8. What personality trait do you admire and why?
9. Write about the best Christmas you remember. What made it the best?
10. Who was your favorite Uncle and why? What are you most vivid memories of him?

11. What is your favorite verse(s) of scripture and why? Tell about a time in your life when that scripture really hit home.
12. Write about learning to drive.... who taught you, how old were you, what kind of car, and are you a good driver now?
13. What is your favorite book? Why? How many times have you read it? Do not include books of scripture.
14. Who was the best friend of your childhood? How did you meet? How long were your friends? What did you like to do together? Are you still in contact now?
15. What was a typical Sunday like in your family growing up?

16. What are your most deeply imbedded values? Who did you learn them from? Tell about a time when those values served you well.
17. Journal your 3rd grade experience. Be as specific with names and places and dates as you can. Tell a funny story that happened to you while you were in 3rd grade.
18. What was your first car? You can write about the first car you drove or about the first car you owned. Include make/model/price/color and any interesting quirks the car had.
19. How do you feel about winning? Losing?
20. Did you have a childhood hideout? Tell about it.

21. How old were you when you went on your first "real date"? Tell about the date and what activities you did. Be sure to add the cost of your activities, names, places and as many details as possible!
22. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
23. What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? Where did your beliefs spring? If you are of the same religion as your parents/family, explain when you received your own commitment to your beliefs.
24. Tell about a family tradition you have surrounding Christmas/the Holidays. When did the tradition start? Who started it?
25. Did it snow much when you were a child? Did you love it or hate it. Tell something about your activities in the snow. If you did not grow up where there was snow, did you wish you did?

26. What are your food preferences? How did they come about?
27. Alternate Questions Depending on Age: 1. Where were you when you heard Kennedy had been assassinated? Or 2. Where were you when the Challenger exploded?
28. Tell about your teenage social life....
your friends, dances, dating, outings, etc.
29. Write about some places you went with your father.
30. What would you like to be remembered for?

31. Name each of your siblings and list one thing you admire about each one.
32. What is your secret for good health?
33. What frightens you the most and why?
34. List 3 things you hope to accomplish before you die and explain the reasons you chose them.
35. What is your the source of your greatest joy?

36. What is your the source of your greatest sorrow?
37. Describe a favorite vacation from your childhood.
38. Describe the most serious illness you have ever had.
39. What is your mother's best trait? Worst trait? What are the traits you share?
40. Tell about the first house you can remember living in.

41. How many siblings do you have? Describe them.
42. Are you a neat freak or clutter challenged? Where did you habits come from? Describe how others in your life feel about your choice as either a neat freak or clutter challenged.
43. Did you have a bicycle as a youth? Describe it. Tell about how you learned to ride a bicycle.
44.Describe your most embarrassing moment.
45. Tell about your first crush. How old were you?

46. A woman recently paid a small fortune to travel to outer space. Would you like to travel to the moon, the space station or anywhere in outer space? Why or Why not?
47. Do you have any pets? Describe them. Tell a story (or several) about any of your pet(s) and something they did that made you laugh.
#48. What are some unanswered questions you wish you could have asked your parents or grandparents?
#49. What clothing fashion have you disliked the most? Why?
#50. What is one thing you like most/best about yourself? Why? PS, you can list more than one thing, in fact; let's try to list a lot of things we like about ourselves in addition to the absolute top thing!!!!

#51. What one possession would you like to keep if all were lost except that one?
#52. It is stated that there are Seven Wonders of the World. What wonders inspire you?
#53. Name and describe a couple of the most bizarre souvenirs your family bought on vacations. Why were they bought and what happened to them?
#54. Are you superstitious? Why or Why not? Tell about any superstitions that anyone in your family has/had.
# 55. What is the most important lesson, message or advice you have learned that you would hope to pass on to others?

#56. Tell about retirement-when, where, what do you plan to do with your time? If you are already retired, what are you doing with your time?
#57. Tell about your name, why was it given to you? Does it have a special meaning in your family? Do you like it? Why or Why not? And if you dislike it, what name do you wish you had been given?
#58. Did you attend college and graduate? If so describe your College Graduation. Who attended, who spoke, how did you feel and what was your degree in?
#59. How do you unwind after a long day?
#60. Have you ever regretted passing up a particular opportunity? What was it?

#61. Where do you call home?? Why is it home to you?
#62. Growing up, were your friends mostly boys or girls? Which gender do you feel you relate to the best?
#63. What in your life has not/did not turn out as you expected? Are you okay or do you wish it were different?
#64. What are some of your guilty pleasures? Chocolate, gossip magazines, infomercials or??
# 65. When you are sick with a cold, what do you do to feel better? Do you have any favorite old family cures? If so, describe them.

# 66. Do you celebrate Halloween? If so, what are some of the things you do? How has Halloween changed since you were a child?
#67. Did you know your extended family growing up? How close did extended family live? How often did you visit with them?
#68. What is your favorite season? Why? What do you like about each of the seasons?
#69. Tell what you know about your birth. Name choice, location, doctor, circumstances and any stories.
#70. Describe your family reunions. Who, where, when, what activities did you do? Why are they important? If you do not have or attend family reunions explain why not?

#71. Do you have children? If so, tell about your child(ren’)s’ birth(s). What did you name your child(ren) and why? Where were they born? Were there any special circumstances regarding the birth(s)? (remember to put down as much detail as you can remember, you may not use it all when you journal, but the more you write, the more it will jog your memory!)
#72. What is the most exciting place you have ever been to and why?
#73. Are you married? If so, what were your fears, expectations, and anticipations about getting married? Have those fears, expectations, and anticipations changed now that you are married? If you are not married, explain the reason(s) you are not or just skip this question.
#74. Tell any stories about ancestors you particularly enjoy or have meaning to you. Why do these stores and/or ancestors mean so much to you? Did you know them? If you did not know them, what would you like to ask them if you could go back in time?
#75. What is your favorite smell? What smell do you consider the vilest?

#76. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Why?
#77. How would the world be different if you didn’t exist?
#78. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? Why?
#79. What is your favorite Holiday? Give three reasons why it is your favorite.
#80. How did you show your independence when you were a teenager?

#81. Who is the friend you have had the longest? How did you meet? Why are they your friend? Write about one or more of you most favorite memories of them.
#82. How have you changed over the past five years?
#83. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Why or why not? If you do, talk about family traditions surrounding Thanksgiving. What do you think about Thanksgiving? What foods do you have to have? Where do you celebrate?
#84. Do you like to travel? Where have you been? What foreign country do you wish you could visit before you die?
#85. What was/is a favorite saying of one of your parents? What was/is a favorite saying of one of your parents that drove you nuts?

#86. What was the worst weather condition you have been in? Describe what happened.
#87. Tell about an incident when you couldn’t stop laughing. Where was it? What caused the laughter?
#88. How do you eat differently today than you did 10 years ago? Why or why not?
#89. Tell about your first plane ride. If you have never ridden in a plane, tell about why you have not ridden in a plane.
#90. How were or are you or your family affected by a war?

#91. Who is your all-time favorite actor or actress? Why?
#92. Did or do you have someone you consider a hero? Why are they your hero?
#93. What public figure(s) have inspired you most through their speeches? Why?
#94. What do you consider the most critical problem facing our world today? Why? What if anything can you do about it?
#95. What is one “cause” that you have/do feel strongly about? Why?

#96. In what way/ways do you look or act like your parents?
#97. How did you earn your first money? How much?
#98. What was the most difficult thing you ever had to do?
#99. What death, family, friend, or public figure, had a strong effect on you? Why?
#100. What would you like to pass on to the next generation?

#101 Tell about the technological changes you have seen in your lifetime.
#102 Tell about the most famous person you have ever met. Who were they? How were they famous? How did you meet them? What did it mean to you to meet them?
#103 If you could have any surprise you wanted, what would you like it to be and why?
#104 How many national/ethnic backgrounds are represented among your family, friends and acquaintances? What if any significance has this had on your life?
#105 Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Describe them.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Edited by Wordweaver on 03-05-07 09:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to Wordweaver

The Bike, The Rock and Me

Here is the answer to the personal history question about learning to ride a bike.

Enjoy

Aloha,
Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Here is your Personal History Question for Thursday!

#48 What are some unanswered questions you wish you could have asked your parents or grandparents?

Aloha,
Wordweaver

Edited by Wordweaver on 10-04-06 10:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

I feel like I am the only one out here but I going to keep posting the personal history questions.

Your question for Friday is:

#49 What clothing fashion have you disliked the most? Why?

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Here is another answer to one of the personal history questions. Describe a favorite childhood vacation. Feel free to visit the blog and leave any comments you would like.

Favorite Childhood Vacation

aloha,
Wordweaver

Nanabug
New Kid On the Block
Nanabug

OH NO! Please don't stop posting these..I'm quietly following behind you copying them down to do them myself when I get the chance...lol. I have so enjoyed reading each one you answer on your blog...again being real quiet so as to not disturb your creative writing. Loved the one about your experience learning to ride a bike. I never accomplished the balance technique..lol..but then I didn't have a rock in my path..that must be the answer.
Just had to let you know you aren't alone on this thread..lol.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to Nanabug

• Nanabug Said:
OH NO! Please don't stop posting these..I'm quietly following behind you copying them down to do them myself when I get the chance...lol. I have so enjoyed reading each one you answer on your blog...again being real quiet so as to not disturb your creative writing. Loved the one about your experience learning to ride a bike. I never accomplished the balance technique..lol..but then I didn't have a rock in my path..that must be the answer.
Just had to let you know you aren't alone on this thread..lol.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Thanks so much Carolyn! I hoped that there were folks who were taking down the questions and working on them which is wonderful. There is no pressure to post anything, I was just feeling guilty that I was the only one posting. I hope you are enjoying your answers to the questions and that you will find a way to add them to your scrapping!!

Thanks also for the sweet comments on my stories. I have fun writing them up and now that I have started organizing ALL of our photos from beyond my childhood to present, I will soon be able to match photos to stories so I can get them scrapped.

Take care!

Aloha,
Wordweaver (Cheryl)

Kame
Kame 
Veteran
Kame
  • Kame on 10-06-06 04:19 PM
In response to Nanabug

• Nanabug Said:
OH NO! Please don't stop posting these..I'm quietly following behind you copying them down to do them myself when I get the chance...Just had to let you know you aren't alone on this thread..lol.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Me too also...

Kame
Kame 
Veteran
Kame
  • Kame on 10-06-06 04:21 PM

And when you have finished, you will have a wonderful personal history book for your own enjoyment and that of your descendents. I am collecting stories from my mother and aunts to do something similar, although there are not many pictures to go with the stories. Enjoy the journey!

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to Kame

I just found this thread a few weeks ago and I have been copying and pasting all the questions into a word document and I am going back through and jotting things down as they come to me, I will do the full journaling when I have the time to sit down and really put the time and effort into it.

Please keep posting them!

Brandi

RN_Spanky
Diva
RN_Spanky
In response to scraptoremember

Wow! I just found this thread- it looks really neat!

RN_Spanky
Diva
RN_Spanky
In response to RN_Spanky

Ok so I blogged the first thing that popped into my head. Hope its what you're looking for!

Question #49- Clothing that I hate

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-06-06 07:18 PM
In response to RN_Spanky

Oh good grief! I haven't blogged on my personal history for a while and I'm like so far behind I'll be lucky to get anywhere. But I'll try to get some in this weekend!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-06-06 07:20 PM

Actually, Cheryl, maybe you were just feeling strange answering yourself!
Like I just did!

Keep doing what you're doing and I'll get back in there as soon as I can!!!!! Woohoo!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to GrandmaMichelf

• michele54 Said:
Oh good grief! I haven't blogged on my personal history for a while and I'm like so far behind I'll be lucky to get anywhere. But I'll try to get some in this weekend!

Don't worry about getting behind, I won't be taking the questions down! I'm glad folks are enjoying the questions. I know how much fun I am having and it is thanks to Scrap-Emmy for starting the original topic.

Aloha,
Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

• michele54 Said:
Actually, Cheryl, maybe you were just feeling strange answering yourself!
Like I just did!

Keep doing what you're doing and I'll get back in there as soon as I can!!!!! Woohoo!

Thanks! it is sorta fun answering yourself!
There used to be a saying that you could tell if someone was having mental problems if they talked to themselves... Well, I am in deep deep trouble since I not only talk to myself, I have arguments with myself and often lose!!!

Aloha,
Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Monday!!! (I'm trying to be cheerful ) Here is your personal history question for today:

#50. What is one thing you like most/best about yourself? Why? PS, you can list more than one thing, in fact, let's try to list a lot of things we like about ourselves in addition to the the absolute top thing!!!!

Aloha,
Wordweaver (Cheryl)

JayJay77
Veteran
JayJay77

Wow! There are some great questions on here! I'm new to the site, and I just found this thread today - please don't stop posting questions!

Jen

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to JayJay77

Aloha Tuesday!!!

Hope everyone had a nice Monday and are ready for todays personal history question:

#51. What one possession would you like to keep if all were lost except that one?

Aloha,
Wordweaver

JayJay77
Veteran
JayJay77

http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/122831/view/35723.html

Here's one that I just did in my blog.

Jen

ashtonsmommy
Governor
ashtonsmommy

Thanks for taking this over and listing all the questions! I haven't gotten around to doing many of them, but I like having the questions for when I am in the mood!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to ashtonsmommy

I almost missed Wednesday!! Here is today's personal history question:

#52. It is stated that there are seven wonders of the world. What wonders inspire you?

Aloha,
Wordweaver

Creationsbylisamarie
Pro
Creationsbylisamarie

This is a great challenge. I can't wait to get started on my journaling.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

It's Thursday!! Hope everyone's week is going great!!

Here is today's personal history question:

#53. Name and describe a couple of the most bizarre souvenirs your family bought on vacations. Why were they bought and what happened to them?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Here is my answer to the question about one thing that I best like about myself.

What is one thing you like best about yourself? Why?

Aloha,

Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Welcome to Friday the 13th!!!

Here is your personal history question of the day:

#54. Are you superstitious? Why or Why not? Tell about any superstitions that anyone in your family has/had.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here is today's personal history question:

# 55. What is the most important lesson, message or advice you have learned that you would hope to pass on to others?

I will be traveling a bit beginning tomorrow (Tuesday, October 17) through Wednesday, October 25. I am going to try and post a question each day of the week, but if a day goes by and you don't see a post, it just means I wasn't able to get to a computer. Don't worry, I will do my best and as soon as I am home, I will be back on track for a daily posting during the week.

You can use the time I miss, if I do, to catch up!!

Take care and happy writing!
Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Tuesday!

Here is today's question:

#56. Tell about retirement-when, where, what do you plan to do with your time? If you are already retired, what are you doing with your time?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Hi, I was wondering if you could add them to the first post too, that way if we wanted to print them out, they are all together instead of having to print out all the pages.

thanks

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi, I will add them every ten questions to the first post that I made on this topic. that way you can pull up just one page to copy from.

Hope this helps. I am on the road and can't always get to a computer.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to JayJay77

Here is the personal History Question for Wednesday:

#57. Tell about your name, why was it given to you? Does it have a special meaning in your family? Do you like it? Why or Why not? And if you dislike it, what name do you wish you had been given?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Here are the personal history questions for both Thursday and Friday:

I am on the road and this is the first time I have been able to get to a computer!!

#58. Did you attend college and graduate? If so describe your College Graduation. Who attended, who spoke, how did you feel and what was your degree in?

#59. How do you unwind after a long day?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

thanks so much.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
thanks so much.

You are very welcome! I think copying from the first post is the easiest way to get the questions if you haven't been copying them daily. I will try and keep the first post updated.

I will be traveling till Wednesday the 25th of this month but as of Monday I will be near a computer rather than having to come to a local library for a temp pass.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and getting very creative!!!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Hi Everyone from Snow Flurries are Us, Kirksville, MO!!!!

Here are the personal history questions for both Monday and Tuesday:

#60. Have you ever regretted passing up a particular opportunity? What was it?

#61. Where do you call home? Why is it home to you?

Will be home Wednesday evening!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Edited by Wordweaver on 10-30-06 01:56 PM. Reason for edit: word home was mauled.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Wednesday!!

Here is today's personal history question:

#62. Growing up, were your friends mostly boys or girls? Which gender do you feel you relate to the best?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Cajaya
Cajaya 
Pro
Cajaya

Ive been wanting something like this to motivate me to journal more.

THanks

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Sorry this is late today, but I was pretty tired from my trip!

Here is the personal history question for Thursday:

#63. What in your life has not/did not turn out as you expected? Are you okay or do you wish it were different?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Edited by Wordweaver on 10-26-06 05:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Friday's personal history question

#64. What are some of your guilty pleasures? Chocolate, gossip magazines, infomercials or?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Monday!

Here is your personal History Question:

# 65. When you are sick with a cold, what do you do to feel better? Do you have any favorite old family cures? If so, describe them.

PS, yes I have a cold and I feel miserable!!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Do any of you folks have a personal history question that you would like to see posted here?

If so, please send it to me in a PM and I will get it posted!

I have lots but also want to give others the chance to have input.

Have a great week!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

I'm posting Tuesday's personal history question early!!! Hope everyone is having a great week.

Here is the personal history question for Tuesday, October 31, 2006:

# 66. Do you celebrate Halloween? If so, what are some of the things you do? How has Halloween changed since you were a child?

Enjoy!!

Aloha,
Cheryl with a slight cold Wordweaver

Cajaya
Cajaya 
Pro
Cajaya

Cheryl, I hope your feeling better!

Also wanted to bump this thread up for an inquring mind

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to Cajaya

Thanks! I am feeling better. Sadly, we didn't give out treats this Halloween since I was sick and now my mom has come down with it also!

Oh well, I will make up for it next year.

Welcome to Wednesday's Personal History Question"

#67. Did you know your extended family growing up? How close did extended family live? How often did you visit with them? Are you still close and if so, how often do you get together?

I am interested in this question for several reasons, but mainly: this past Friday a dear 2nd cousin of mine lost his battle with cancer and during the visitations and memorial services, much of our extended family came together. I remember my childhood as being full of family, both immediate as in my mom, grandparents, my uncle and aunt and their two boys and all the extended great aunts/uncles, 2nd and 3rd cousins etc.

My grandmother had 8 brothers and sisters and their children and my Grandmother's children went to school together and prety well grew up together. Their children, me and all my second cousins played together alot. While we all didn't live in the same town, we were all close enough that get togethers were regular, plus we had HUGE family reunions.

Now that I am an adult, it seems that me and my first cousins along with all our second cousins and on down the line are spread so far apart. We live not only in different cities but different states! When we try to have a family reunion now, very few show up. It seems everyone is either too far away or too busy with their kids and several have stated that their kids don't know anyone who would come to the reunion. I miss having family close.

Now with the passing of my cousin, I think it will fall to his oldest daughter and me to try and lead the reunion next summer. We are both named Cheryl which is another story and are close even though we haven't been living anywhere near one another since high school. (I will be 50 in Feb).

How is it for others? That's why I wanted to ask the question.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Cajaya
Cajaya 
Pro
Cajaya

Im sorry to hear about your cousin

I just posted in my blog about my family

Elisha Pharr
Veteran
Elisha Pharr
In response to Cajaya

I've just picked up on the challenge! This is such a great idea.

lizzie_b
Tenant
lizzie_b
In response to Elisha Pharr

Thanks Cajaya, this is a really great idea. I'm looking forward to working my way through the list.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Welcome Elisha!

Hope you enjoy the questions. Feel free to post a link to any answers you would like to share.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

PS, wanted to add that I went to check out your gallery and it is awesome, plus all your blogging, I'm looking forward to getting to know you!!

Edited by Wordweaver on 11-02-06 03:04 PM. Reason for edit: needed to add PS

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to lizzie_b

WElcome lizzie_b!!!

Another great addition to the challenge. I'm looking forward to getting to know you more. Have fun with the questions, and if you want to share any of your answers, just post a link within this thread.

Again, Welcome!!!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to Cajaya

• Cajaya Said:
Im sorry to hear about your cousin

I just posted in my blog about my family

Thanks so much Cajaya, I am enjoying reading your blogs.

Happy Thursday evening everyone, Here is the personal History Question of the day:

#68. What is your favorite season? Why? What do you like about each of the seasons?

I thought this would be a fun question, and this week here in NC, we can't seem to decide exactly what season we are in, with all the temp changes!!

Have fun!!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Elisha Pharr
Veteran
Elisha Pharr

Thanks Cheryl! It's nice to meet you, too! These questions are awesome and definately something I want to get down on paper! Thanks for doing this challenge!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

You are very welcome!

Aloha Friday everybody!!!

Here is the personal history question of the day:

#69. Tell what you know about your birth. Name choice, location, doctor, circumstances and any stories.

The question is written very drily and I'm sorry for that. I am still working on getting through a cold and now my Mom has come down with it too so I haven't had much time.

The idea of the question is to record those family stories that surround a most special time, YOUR BIRTH. Have a good time and if you are lucky enough to be able to talk to your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins then be sure to ask them to tell you anything they remember about your birth.

It is amazing the things you will learn!!!

Aloha,

Cheryl Wordweaver

cynderellaj
Guru
cynderellaj

Cheryl - thanks for keeping up on this thread even though you have had ALOT going on in your life lately. I love answering these questions and know I wouldn't do it with out the prompts. THANKS!!!!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to cynderellaj

Here is the Monday Personal History Question:

#70. Describe your family reunions. Who, where, when, what activities did you do? Why are they important? If you do not have or attend family reunions explain why not?

Elisha Pharr
Veteran
Elisha Pharr

I just finished the first 65 questions! Woo Hoo! These are awesome. Here's my link if you'd like to read them. blog

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy voting day!!

Today's personal history question:

#71. Do you have children? If so, tell about your child(ren)s birth(s). What did you name your child(ren) and why? Where were they born? Were there any special circumstances regarding the birth(s)? (remember to put down as much detail as you can remember, you may not use it all when you journal, but the more you write, the more it will jog your memory!)

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

PHQ of the day:

#72. What is the most exciting place you have ever been to and why?

I'm having a bit of a rough week, hope everyone else is doing great and enjoying life.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Thursday's PHQ:

#73. Are you married? If so, what were your fears, expectations, and anticipations about getting married? Have those fears, expectations, and anticipations changed now that you are married? If you are not married, explain the reason(s) you are not or just skip this question

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

• Elisha Drewery Said:
I just finished the first 65 questions! Woo Hoo! These are awesome. Here's my link if you'd like to read them. blog

WOW Elisha!!!!!! If I had a prize, I'd send it to you! What a challenge you gave yourself and how neat you are all caught up.

I am so happy that folks are enjoying these questions. I have noticed several articles and things on journaling recently.

Again, I tip my hat to you!!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Elisha Pharr
Veteran
Elisha Pharr

Thanks, Cheryl! I suprised myself. I thought it would take a lot longer to catch up, but these questions are addicting. They get you started thinking about stuff you haven't thought of in a long time. Now I am caught up to #72! Here's the link blog I host a Friday night crop twice a month and I copied and passed them out to my ladies! They loved it! Thanks again for doing this Cheryl!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Aloha Friday everyone!!

Here is our personal history question:

#74. Tell any stories about ancestors you particularly enjoy or have meaning to you. Why do these stores and/or ancestors mean so much to you? Did you know them? If you did not know them, what would you like to ask them if you could go back in time?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Monday Monday!

#75. What is your favorite smell? What smell do you consider the vilest?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Here is a fun question to think about and write about. You can expand it by trying to figure out what color crayon, you think your family members are and then if you want, you can ask them to tell you their answer!

#76. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Why?

Aloha,
Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

#77. How would the world be different if you didn't exist?

Edited by Wordweaver on 11-16-06 09:37 PM. Reason for edit: just cleaning up errors

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

#78. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? Why?

We are blessed today that no tornados hit us. One hit in the Riegal Wood area with damage, injuries and deaths. Out thoughts and prayers are with them.

Aloha,

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

I finally got a chance to work on some of the questions! This one was easy as I love the fall.
Below is the link to my blog. I hope you get a chance to read and offer me some feedback.

My favorite season

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

#79. What is your favorite Holiday? Give three reasons why it is your favorite.

Aloha,

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Only 19 more personal history questions left to post. That's right, I have decided to stop at 100 questions for now. Later after the holidays if folks are intersted in more, we can start again. So here is todays question:

#80. How did you show your independence when you were a teenager?

Aloha,
Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

#81. Who is the friend you have had the longest? How did you meet? Why are they your friend? Write about one or more of you most favorite memories of them.

Above is the PHQ of the day!!!!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

#82. How have you changed over the past five years?

Hope everyone is having fun getting ready for tomorrow and all the days after!!!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

#83. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Why or why not? If you do, talk about family traditions surrounding Thanksgiving. What do you think about Thanksgiving? What foods do you have to have? Where do you celebrate?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

#84. Do you like to travel? Where have you been? What foreign country do you wish you could visit before you die?

Aloha,

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 11-25-06 08:01 AM

Well I did #27. I think I'm picking and choosing right now.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

• michele54 Said:
Well I did #27. I think I'm picking and choosing right now.

Picking and choosing is just the way to go!! I have enjoyed reading several of your answers in your blog.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Aloha Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend/holiday break.

Here is the personal history question for Monday:

#85. What was/is a favorite saying of one of your parents? What was/is a favorite saying of one of your parents that drove you nuts?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Tuesday!!

#86. What was the worst weather condition you have been in? Describe what happened.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

#87. Tell about an incident when you couldnt stop laughing. Where was it? What caused the laughter?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Aloha Thrusday!!

#88. How do you eat differently today than you did 10 years ago? Why or why not?

We are almost at 100!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Posting Friday's question tonight since I have to take mom to the doctor tomorrow.

#89. Tell about your first plane ride. If you have never ridden in a plane, tell about why you have not ridden in a plane.

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Finished this question and had fun with it. I had forgotten that I am named after a tugboat!!

Personal History Question 57: Tell about your name.

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Monday Question

#90. How were or are you or your family affected by a war?

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Tuesday Question"

#91. Who is your all-time favorite actor or actress? Why?

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Wednesday

#92. Did or do you have someone you consider a hero? Why are they your hero?

Almost to the end of our questions!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Thursday Question

#93. What public figure(s) have inspired you most through their speeches? Why?

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Aloha Friday!!!!

#94. What do you consider the most critical problem facing our world today? Why? What if anything can you do about it?

kcollin5
Expert
kcollin5

Hey everyone! I love your blog entries Cheryl! Please keep it up =)

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to kcollin5

Here is Monday's question. We have almost reached 100!

#95. What is one cause that you have/do feel strongly about? Why?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Tuesdays

#96. In what way/ways do you look or act like your parents?

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread

Thanks for posting all these questions. I am enjoying answering them and reading the posts of others.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to scrapnread

I have posted all the questions in my blog and am now going back and answering them. Feel free to read them and comment.

Scrap_Happy_Mom
Idol
Scrap_Happy_Mom

THANK YOU "SCRAPNREAD" for pointing me in this direction. I'm so excited to have found this thread. This will be so much fun to do!
Here's my first blog entry!
http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/32071/view/45869.html

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

It's Wednesday!!!

#97. How did you earn your first money? How much did you earn?

Welcome to Scrapnread and ScraphappyMom, glad you both have found the questions. We will be stopping at 100 for now, but may do more after the holidays if folks want more questions.

I will make sure all 100 are posted on the first page of the thread when I post the 100th question.

Please continue to share your answers and to let folks know the questions are here!!!

Aloha,

Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to kcollin5

• kcollin5 Said:
Hey everyone! I love your blog entries Cheryl! Please keep it up =)

Thanks so much Kcollin5, I have been so busy I have not had much time for writing and I really miss it. Hope to get more done soon. It just seems the day is over before it begins!!

If you would like, feel free to post any answers, we love learning about one another!!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

• scrapnread Said:
I have posted all the questions in my blog and am now going back and answering them. Feel free to read them and comment.

I had so much fun reading a couple of your entries. I have left you a message there. I couldn't stop laughing at your most embarrassing moment! What a hoot!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Scrap_Happy_Mom
Idol
Scrap_Happy_Mom

Good Morning girls! I did my homework!! Here's my response to Q #2!
http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/32071/view/45987.html

mpetty
mpetty 
Veteran
mpetty

Sigh...just when I thought I was "getting all caught up", I find this thread! I love the questions I've seen so far; answering them will be a great way to deal with the post-holiday quiet.

Shoot, I may actually start blogging, something I said I'd never do!

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver
In response to mpetty

• mpetty Said:
Sigh...just when I thought I was "getting all caught up", I find this thread! I love the questions I've seen so far; answering them will be a great way to deal with the post-holiday quiet.

Shoot, I may actually start blogging, something I said I'd never do!

Welcome mpetty,

Pease enjoy the questions. We would love to read any of the answers you would like to share. I find that writing answers to many of these triggers all sorts of other memories and I have a lot of fun. If I am in a hurry, I sometimes will dictate my answers on a tape recorder and come back later to actually write them down.

I believe it is important to get our stories out there. I love finding out about folks and years from now, people will wonder about what things were like "way back then" and our writings and stories and LOs will be a treasure!!

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Wordweaver
Guru
Wordweaver

Happy Thursday!!

#98. What was the most difficult thing you ever had to do?

Aloha,
Cheryl Wordweaver

Scrap_Happy_Mom
Idol
Scrap_Happy_Mom

Good morning girls!
I'm enjoying answering these interesting questions. You are correct, Cheryl...these are memories that I haven't thought of for 25+ years. It is good to get them journaled and good material for future LOs! Thanks much!
Here's Q #3 for me!
http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/32071/view/46123.html
Have a nice day all,
Tracey

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics