Page 1 of 35 
Username Post: Illinois Critique Group        (Topic#1387559)
Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

If anyone is interested in joining this Group, I would love to make new friends!

Scrapbook.com ROCKS and the critique groups are a great way to meet fellow scrappers and expand your horizons. EVERYONE I know loves getting comments/ suggestions on their layouts so I am sure you do too.

Here are some general guidelines we would like to follow. Please read everything, THANKS! Also, below please type your goals---published, design team, improve techniques, change style, etc and a little bit more about yourself! ALSO PLEASE post whether it is ok to post in the gallery or you want pm to pm things to you!

First of all this is a critique group. Your layouts will be critiqued with other's opinions. Please understand that how you take such suggestions is totally up to you. Any suggestions given are in no way a personal attack againt your style of scrapbooking, just opinions of others. You may use their suggestions or not, you have to decide what you like the best.

At anytime without any judgement of anyone in this group you may drop yourself from the critique group, just let me know.

I need to know a couple things from each person. I prefer leaving messages in the gallery for convenience, but if you rather be pm'd your suggestions please let me know right away. Also I would like to know what your goal is for this group. Do you just want to improve your scrapping, or are you trying to get published etc.

My goal is to come away with new ideas and concepts I haven't thought of for my layouts. Most of the groups use the approach "Give someone acompliment,suggestion,an d another compliment".

Please be fair and try to critique as many los as possible. Everyone wants fresh new ideas and you might have that perfect one!

If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to pm me. So if anything needs to be tweeked just let us know.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Members to date:
1. Scrap Candy - Candi
2. Shelstan - Shel
3. DLynch - Diane
4. llprncess3 - Jana Marie
5. LeaLa - Lea
6. luci~scraper - Debra
7. ltlemermaid - Ariel
8. doriscraps - Becky
(in no particular order!! )

JOIN US!

Edited by Scrap Candy on 10-08-07 07:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Scrap Candy

Hi. I'm shelstan...teacher from Chicago! I have been scrapping for about 15 years, in different phases.
I am interested in improving my style, learning new techniques and becoming a more well-rounded, adventurous scrapper. Of course, I aspire to someday be published, but the competition is pretty intense (and I've never submitted anything!)
Feel free to post/critique in my gallery.
Can't wait to hear your suggestions for my improvement and to meet new friends!
Take care,
--Shel--

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to Shelstan

Hi I'm Diane. I also live in Chicago. I have been scrapbooking since 2003.

I want to be in this critique group to help improve my LOs and get others opinions when I'm stuck etc...

I also thought it would be a great way to get to know some fellow scrappers.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to DLynch

Hi! My name is Deborah! I live in NW Indiana, and I was woundering if I could join? I practically live in IL (I could walk accross the border!LOL!) I have always wanted to join a critique group

Unless if any of you wounderful ladys know of any groups in Indiana?? I would really appreciate it!

~Thanks!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to scrapbook girl

subscribing!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Thanks for the warm welcome candi!

A little more about myself... I am joining this group because I think it will help me get better at scrapping! And also in the hopes of getting published!! ummm... I love to meet new people ! And especially ones that live so close to me! Also, I would like it very much if you posted in my gallery. I can't wait to get started !!!!

Edited by scrapbook girl on 10-26-06 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

Welcome to the group!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to DLynch

I can't wait to get started, girls, but we need to round up some more participants. I'll put a post in the general forum....to try to stir up some business!

Welcome Diane and Deborah!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

Sounds like we have a good start, ladies! Make sure to add yourselves to each others friends list...

I would like to generate a list of questions to build the conversation and get us started with a little something - but let's hold off until Saturday -maybe we will build our group up by then!

Keep checking back!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

Sounds good.

I've been e-mailing people about the group also.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to DLynch

Great, Diane! I love that everybody is ---> this close to each other <----

I've been looking at some of your LO's, and they are awesome! Sorry I couldn't comment on more! I promise to return!

ChicagoMom
Expert
ChicagoMom

Hi ladies,
I would like to join in the fun. My name is Krista and I live in the city--on the north side, walking distance to the lake (yea!). I have been scrapping for 6 years. You are welcome to read more about me in my little bio in "my place"--I won't bore you here.
I love scrapbooking and photography and would enjoy meeting other scrapbookers--it will be particularly nice to be in close proximity to each other. My goal would be to share ideas and get/give feedback on layouts. I don't mind any comments in the main gallery, no need to PM me unless you wish.
My time is somewhat limited (you will see, I am a slow scrapper due to this!) But, I will hope to be a contributing member of the group.
I look forward to learning more about each of you and seeing your galleries!
Thanks for starting this up, Candi!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to ChicagoMom

YA! I'm glad you decided to join us - welcome!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to DLynch

Hi! I have only been scrapping for a year and a half, I love others input on my LO's and would be interested in this group.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to luciscraper

Welcome, ladies! Glad to have you!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Krista - You are so LUCKY - you have access to the most supplies in the entire city - WINDYCITY has it ALL! Glad to have you on board!

Luci~scraper - I love your gallery, for only scrapping for just over a year, you have some pretty amazing stuff!

I promise to stop by and visit everyone's gallery today. Happy Friday!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

welcome!

ChicagoMom
Expert
ChicagoMom
In response to DLynch

Hi everyone! My kids have been on school break all week--so time is really limited--but I hope to get to all your galleries over the weekend! Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Have a great day--the weather is supposed to finally be nice on Sunday! Take Care, Krista

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Good morning ladies! I saw some of you posted in my gallery already! I have not been able to read them but I will get to it today!

Welcome!!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

I'm still trying to drum up some business. How many people do you think we need in order to get rolling?
--Shel--

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

We have a great group of six put together so far! So I though I would post a few questions for everyone to get us started...those who come in later can catch up with us then!

So here goes:

1. Have you always been a hometown Illinois kid, or have you relocated to our wonderful state?

2. What made you start this addicting hobby? and by how "addicting" I mean..what is your limit $$ per month?

3. Have you ever been published? What are your goals?

4. What are the three embellishments that you use the most (or just your favs)?

5. What area/technique do you seek the most help with?

6. Any techniques that totally scare you?

7. What would you like us to know about you?

8. What are you an expert at?

I hope that is not toooooo overwhelming - answer what you can!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Here are my answers:

1. I am born and raised southwest sider of the city(CHICAGO)- and my passion lies here. I have travelled through about half of the U.S. - but there is no where like home: Home Sweet Chicago!

2. My DH has always LOVED to take pictures - and even before we were married he would cut them into strange shapes - which would make me cringe. I grew up respecting pictures in an album -chronologically layed out!

Years later my friend Ceci would start buying me little presents, and we started a scrap group of teachers at our school (right, Shel?)

Two and a half years later I am willing to go bust on supplies, and I am just short of seeking "SA" - Scrapbooker's Anonymous!

3. I've never been published, but would die to be in CK or MM (well not since it changed) How cool would that be? I have submitted more than two or three pages...one of these days I'll build the nerve!

4. Three? only three? well, I guess I would say ribbon, ink, and metal (as in brads and eyelets - I love hinges, too - if I can make things flip and flap!) If I had just one more to add it would definetley be FLOWERS.

5. I need help building my confidence in using a sewing machine on my pages - I love the look of stitching - but most of mine is hand drawn.

6.Heat embossing scares me. I know once someone shows me how - i'll be ok, but...

7. I am not a SAHM, I am a third grade teacher, who loves it...but the field has changed soooo much over the past eight years that I have been teaching, and it wears a girl down...

I would love to scrap full time - but I need the paycheck to support my habit!

I have two kiddies (5 & 7)that are growing like weeds: Both are school age boogers that love each other to DEATH (and they would recognize it if they stopped fighting long enough!) I am a wife to a very atheletic man who loves his couch potato, scrapbooking wife of eight years.

8. I am definetley an expert at two things: IGNORING laundry, and taking at least 200 pictures per event on my digi ( it only holds 554)

I hope this helps you understand my addiction, and you can support me by telling me I am not unusual!!!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

Ok, my 2 & 1/2 yr old daughter did not sleep last night. We went to a Halloween party at the library last night and there was a scary witch there that she kept talking about, so I think she was scared. She also had a slightly stuffy nose, so that could be it too. Either way, I'm wide awake!

So, I'll try my best to answer Candi's quiz...(Leave it to a teacher to make us take a test!)

1. I have always lived in Chicago or in the Chicagoland suburbs. (Currently suburbs, but I'm in the city almost everyday for work and pleasure!)

2.My mom has always kept "scrapbooks," "memory albums" etc...and I followed in her footsteps. I have scrapbooks that I created in 8th grade that are quite primitive, but I had to begin somewhere. Currently, I stop at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Archiver's or JoAnn's on my way home from work about once per week, so it adds up! I won't say how much it adds up to, incase my husband decides to read this!

3. I have never been published, and have never submitted a layout for publishing. I don't know if that is truly a goal for me. I scrap because I want my children to be able to look back at the albums I've made and have wonderful, positive feelings about their childhood. I hope to preserve some of their memories for them. I guess if I come up with a great, original idea that I think might inspire others, I may submit, but it certainly is not the reason I scrap!

4. My favorite embellishments change all the time. The phase that I am currently in is: flowers, ribbon and ink. I used to tease Candi about her crappy ink, but she got me addicted to it.

5. There are many areas that I seek help with, but right now I would say that it is using white space on layouts. It scares me. Also, I used to dislike Elsie Flannigan's style. I thought it was messy...but now I'm beginning to like it A LOT! So, I want to try more of the journaling strips and painting on my pages.

6. Everything scares me. Besides, white space, I am a terrible stamper, embosser, and circle cutter! I also envy people who do digital scrapbooking . I own adobe photoshop and have never used it. I think I'd need an intensive tutorial. Someday...when I have more time...yeah, right?!?!

7.I am a part-time teacher. I taught elementary school for 11 years and now I teach teachers part-time, so I can spend more time with my 4 year old son and 2 1/2 year old daughter. I am also a trained photographer. I worked for JCPenney portrait studio and Glamour Shots. Both companies sent me for training on how to use 70mm cameras, developing the film, special effects, posing etc... Thus, I have a strong passion for photography and a good eye for a great pic!

8.I am an expert at complaining. Does that count for anything? Seriously, I am not an expert an anything, but I feel confident in my organizational skills and my photography.

That's more info than I think you care to know about me. I'd love to get to know all of you!

Thanks for reading,
Shel

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Shelstan

OK, CRITIQUE GROUP! You are up! Please go to my gallery and look at my most recently uploaded layout called, Lily. It's actually just a title, but I need your help before it becomes a layout! Please post advice for me in the gallery!
Thanks.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

1. Have you always been a hometown Illinois kid, or have you relocated to our wonderful state? I have never lived in IL, But I was born and raised right next to the border!!

2. What made you start this addicting hobby? and by how "addicting" I mean..what is your limit $$ per month? Once upon a time....It was 6 years ago, I started because one of my friends had made a sb lo with pics of a pizza party. She used a light brown cs and then tore a piece of red cs about 1/2" from the edge all around and then cut out cheese and peperoni die cuts and covered it to make it like a pizza!!! I was *inspired*!
~My spending limit a month is $40. but I shoot for $20!!

3. Have you ever been published? What are your goals? No, I have never been published! But.... I really would like to the more I think about it! My goals....I think that they change all the time!LOL!!

4. What are the three embellishments that you use the most (or just your favs)? Ribbon!! Paint!!! and ummmmmm.... brads!

5. What area/technique do you seek the most help with? Remembering to use pp! sometimes I have to redo a lo because I realize that I did not use any pp just cs!

6. Any techniques that totally scare you? Nope!

7. What would you like us to know about you? Umm.. you could read my profile! I just updated it last night!

8. What are you an expert at? TEARING PAPER!!!

If any of you have any more questions please dont worry about asking!!

ChicagoMom
Expert
ChicagoMom

10-27-06 05:28 PM - Post#2680191
In response to Shelstan

HI--HAPPY TO GET TO KNOW YOU ALL!

1. Have you always been a hometown Illinois kid, or have you relocated to our wonderful state?
I have lived in Chicago (always on the north side--near the CUBS!) for about 15 years, I have also lived in Atlanta and San Francisco. I was born in Boston and lived in Connecticut until I moved to Atlanta when I was 14 years old. I LOVE living in the city of CHICAGO and hope to never leave.

2. What made you start this addicting hobby? and by how "addicting" I mean..what is your limit $$ per month?
I started this hobby when my son was one year old (6 years ago). I am TRULY addicted. I work about 15 hours a month at Windy City Scrapbooking only to support my habit with the little bit of income and the employee discount. Truthfully, that doesn't even support my habit--I probably spend an average of $200 per month. Seems horrible, doesn't it?

I was published in Creating Keepsakes about 2 years ago and I just had a page in the Scrapbook Trends 2006 Holiday Idea book. It is really fun to be published, but I can't say it is a big goal of mine. It seems like a LOT of effort with only a small chance of being lucky to be picked up. Frankly, I prefer to try other layout CONTESTS--better odds and usually, better prizes. I have had luck on website contests and Scrapbook Expo contests. Last summer, I even won $500 cash and a $500 scrapbook store gift certificate! (Pure luck--it will never happen again!) I think contests and being published are a little bit of skill--but really mostly luck. Part of me doesn't want to get crazy about getting published because I have seen people lose the fun and purpose in their efforts to get published. Sorry--long answer!

Gosh, 3?!?! I LOVE RUB-ONS--all kinds--words, stitches, florals, swirls, etc. I also love ribbon and chipboard. I have an OBSCENE collection of all three things.

I really know very little about stamping and embossing. I would like to learn but I don't think I can afford to get addicted to stamping too!

I am only scared by the ever increasing cost of this hobby! I am definitely not a "freestyle" scrapper--I can appreciate those types of layouts, but they really just aren't my style. I fight being too linear on my pages! Every time I try to be more adventurous on my pages, I don't end up liking them. So, I think I am just trying to be satisfied with my style.

My first love is probably photography. I really enjoy it. I would secretly like to be a children's portrait photographer (I guess the secret is out!) I also really enjoy the process of creating a layout. I can be very slow and sweat over silly little details--but I think that is what I like. I am terribly "behind" and realize I will never catch up.
I have two kids--Patrick age 7 and Caroline--almost 4. More info about my life is in the MY Place Bio--my answers are long enough already!

Gosh, I don't think I am an expert at anything really. I do try to make my pages focus on the photos--probably because my love of photography was what got me into this mess!

Thanks for taking the time to read about me. Looking forward to being a part of this group!

scrapperchick
Resident
scrapperchick

Hello,

i would like to join the critique group

please feel free to look at my gallery

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to scrapperchick

Welcome, Scrapper Chick!

OK...I need SERIOUS HELP!! I posted this layout:
http://www.scrapbook.com/scrapbook_layouts/showphoto.ph...

And I hate it! I need your help to fix it!
Everyone help, please!
Thanks,

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to Shelstan

1. Have you always been a hometown Illinois kid, or have you relocated to our wonderful state? I was born and have lived in Chicago my whole life. For those of you that know Chicago, I grew up in the Portage Park, moved to Lincoln Park, after graduation, and am currently in Forest Glen). With the exception of college: My first year I had a full art scholarship to Cardinal Stritch College in Milwaukee, WI – hated it and transferred to the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana – which I LOVED – I stayed down there summers.

2. What made you start this addicting hobby? and by how "addicting" I mean..what is your limit $$ per month? I have always scrapbooked in a way: saving newspaper articles etc. Unfortunately, I put them in those horrible magnetic albums. I started scrapbooking safely and more creatively (with pp, embellishments, etc) in 2003. I have spent well over $100 in a given month. I have not spent that much lately – I am trying to use up what products I have.

3. Have you ever been published? What are your goals? I recently started submitting my work for publication. I have had one LO published in an on-line magazine. My goal is to create better LO’s. When I do LOs for challenges or contest I am usually motivated to do better work.

4. What are the three embellishments that you use the most (or just your favs)? I don’t know that I have a particular favorite embellishment, although right now I am a fan of Heidi Swapp .

5. What area/technique do you seek the most help with? I have always been on the artistic side. Taking art classes at small studios, as well as The Chicago Art Institute. I majored in Industrial Design (Product Development) in undergrad. Unfortunately, all the drafting classes made my original freeform style turn technical. So I am working on being more relaxed and free-flowing again.

6. Any techniques that totally scare you? I’ll try about anything. Although, I don’t sew.

7. What would you like us to know about you? My husband, Tim and I have been married since 1999. We dated for three years before we got married. I have one son, Justin, who was born in 2003. A white husky, named Chinook. Plus, a 200 gallon salt water reef tank (my other obsession). I enjoy hiking / being outdoors. I love music and watching movies – although it seems like I never get a chance to watch them anymore.

8. What are you an expert at? I was a professional photographer for a while during and after college. I am also very proficient in many software programs (i.e. Photoshop)

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Thanks for putting up with my questions Deborah and Krista!

Welcome scrapperchick! When you get the chance...tell us more about you!

I am so excited to hear about eachone of you; sharing the same addiction, and yet so close by!

Edited by Scrap Candy on 10-28-06 12:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Diane: You are so right about the challenges and contests - they really do inspire me to do better. I don't always get the chance to work at them because of time restriction and teaching at the same time, but I agree with you one hundred percent!

Shel: Let me know if my advice helps you out at all!!

I am going to head off to my scrap room and hopefully upload a LO or two tonight!

Wish me luck!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

Thanks, Candi and Diane. If any of the rest of you have any ideas about my layout:
Lily
please let me know~ I probably won't work on it until tomorrow. I need to stop neglecting my children now!

crazydeb67
Diva
crazydeb67

I want to join. I will answer all questions tomorrow. thank you!!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to crazydeb67

Welcome, crazydeb!

I am off to grab a bite to eat, average some grades (it is report card time), and hopefully put together at least one good LO.

Where is that one extra hour Ben Franklin left us? I sure need it today!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

I was able to make it through a LO tonight! I found inspiration in the new NOVEMBER SKETCH Challenge...and I added all kids of flower embellies, too. So now it fits into Pammy's "flower" challenge!

Well, tell me what you think of it! Please! guide me...

tufano79
Idol
tufano79

Hi,

I'm Josie and I'm from Plainfield, a suburb of Chicago. I've been scrapping since 2004, right after I got engaged! I've been toying with the concept of joinging a critique group, and this seems like an awesome opportunity. I would just like to improve my scrapping, especially my journaling skills and paper mixing (I tend to stick with one manufacturer when I scrap, but I would love to have the fun looks with a whole bunch of different papers!).

I look forward to getting to know all of you and "pick" your brains!

Hugs, Josie

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to tufano79

Hi Josie! Glad to have you with us! If you get the chance - try and answer our question list. I am so glad to have all of these new friends!

Was anyone able to enjoy the windy weather yesterday? They say today will be nice - I am looking forward to Indian summer - or did that come and go already?

Enjoy the extra hour today!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

• scrapperchick Said:
Hello,

i would like to join the critique group

please feel free to look at my gallery

Welcome to the group!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

• crazydeb67 Said:
I want to join. I will answer all questions tomorrow. thank you!!!

Welcome!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to tufano79

• tufano79 Said:
Hi,

I'm Josie and I'm from Plainfield, a suburb of Chicago. I've been scrapping since 2004, right after I got engaged! I've been toying with the concept of joinging a critique group, and this seems like an awesome opportunity. I would just like to improve my scrapping, especially my journaling skills and paper mixing (I tend to stick with one manufacturer when I scrap, but I would love to have the fun looks with a whole bunch of different papers!).

I look forward to getting to know all of you and "pick" your brains!

Hugs, Josie

Welcome! I'm glad so many people joined us since I logged in last!

ChicagoMom
Expert
ChicagoMom
In response to DLynch

Hi--Welcome to all the new members! We have a group going ! Thanks again to Candi for starting this. Will keep checking out the galleries and getting to know you all. Off to a pumpkin patch right now--have to enjoy this weather (and of course, the camera will be busy!)
Have a great day, ladies!

Patrizzia
Expert
Patrizzia

Hi, I am Patrizzia and I would love to join.

I have lived in Crest Hill for 4 years now, but originally from the east side of Chicago.

I am now in the process of doing and album for my daughter Miabella who is the world to me.

My techniques really jump around. I love trying new thing and right now I am in love with Chipboard.

I would love to be published. I was a finalist in the top 30 for the CK "submit your friend" contest. I was one of 500 entries so that made me really proud. I was a guest design team member at www.scrapbookeronline.com. Girls this site is the best. If you are looking for a wonderfully friendly group, I suggest you come on by and check it out. Seriously the most genuine awesome group of women you will ever meet.

I am working on a page today so I’ll post soon.. And please you can critique in my posts.. I am open to all suggestions… really this is all about getting better right!!!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Patrizzia

1- I have lived in Indiana for 43 yr's
2- My mom wanted me to do a scrapbook for her on her b,day. I spend about 20$-30$ a month {not much}
3- No
4- Rubon's, buttons, flowers.
5- Painting
6- Painting {LOL}
7- I am 45 yr's old, work in a factory, just starting menopause and am going through cahnges I don't understand, been married for 5 yr's, and have 4 stepkids.
8- They say cutting flowers out of PP.

tufano79
Idol
tufano79

I've lived in Illinois all my life. I was born in Chicago. I then moved to Wheaton and lived there for about 20 years and then moved to Plainfield, of which I also work in (I'm a teacher!)

I started in 2004, after I got engaged. I wanted to document the whole engagement process (which I'm still working on . My addiction level varies from month to month...however, on average I spend about $100 a month on scrapping supplies!

Have I ever been published? No...I'm still in the learning stages. My goals are to improve my techniques (especially journaling and incorporating the computer) and learn some new ideas as well!

I love Primas (most of my pages have primas!), ribbon and eyelets.

JOURNALING! I cannot get into the groove of journaling. I always feel like my journaling is just the basics, and I want to put more on my pages!

Heat embossing!

Well, I'm 27, almost 28. I'm a music teacher in Plainfield. I've been married for a little over a year. I'm totally camera happy (I've taken TONS of photos!) ...and I can't wait to get to know all of you

SInging and the piano!

Hugs, Josie

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to tufano79

Welcome Patrizzia!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to DLynch

10-29-06 08:30 AM - Post#2693919

I added a couple of LOs in the last few days. Let me know what you think.

For the Nov. significant other challenge: How I Appriciate You!

For the Nov. 70's movie title challenge: The Godfather

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to DLynch

Welcome Patrizzia! Your little pumpkin is sooooo cute! (They always are at that age!)

Josie - Glad to have another teacher in the house! Boy, When summer gets here and school is out - we all better get together!

Krista - Great day for the patch! Which one do you guys go to? We usually go to Sonny Acres in West Chicago/St.Charles. We love it there! Shel told us about it and we have been there for three straight years in a row!

I am hoping to wrap up the second side of my "Guide me..." LO today! Thank you girls SOOOO much for all of the praise and love! You are wonderful!

Where did that hour go?

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

Ashley and her friends

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Debra, That is a nice LO! If you do decide to take the suggestion of adding the rhinestones - it would surely sparkle! I hope that you are entering it in Pammy's flower challenge! (never mind, you'd win for sure!)

I gave up on finishing the second half of my "guide me" LO - I can't think of a title. Maybe I'll post it if I can't get any farther by tomorrow night - so you girls can help me out.

Diane, Your digi pages are sweet - I don't know if I could give up my scissors, though. How did you get started?

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

• Scrap Candy Said:
Debra, That is a nice LO! If you do decide to take the suggestion of adding the rhinestones - it would surely sparkle! I hope that you are entering it in Pammy's flower challenge! (never mind, you'd win for sure!)

I gave up on finishing the second half of my "guide me" LO - I can't think of a title. Maybe I'll post it if I can't get any farther by tomorrow night - so you girls can help me out.

Diane, Your digi pages are sweet - I don't know if I could give up my scissors, though. How did you get started?

Thanks. I still use my fair share of scissors...I love both medias. I started working in digital back in college. I majored in Industrial Design (product development) and also took some graphics classes.

Patrizzia
Expert
Patrizzia

1. Have you always been a hometown Illinois kid, or have you relocated to our wonderful state? For a couple years I lived in Italy, but most of my life I have lived in Illinois.

2. What made you start this addicting hobby? and by how "addicting" I mean..what is your limit $$ per month? I need a hobby to calm my nerves.. I found scrapping and fell in love with it. I try not to spend too much. If I end up at a Michaels, hobby lobby, Joanns or archivers I set my limit to $20.00.

3. Have you ever been published? What are your goals? I have never been published but I have tried. My goals are simple.. to be up to date with my daughters scrapbook

4. What are the three embellishments that you use the most (or just your favs)? Rub-ons, Rub-ons and Rub-ons

5. What area/technique do you seek the most help with? I would like to try to scrap more than one pic on a page.

6. Any techniques that totally scare you? No, not really

7. What would you like us to know about you? I want a scrapping buddy!

8. What are you an expert at? Making my own chipboard letters!

Patrizzia
Expert
Patrizzia
In response to Patrizzia

I just finished this up... let me know what you think... TIA!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Patrizzia

Patrizzia:

I want to know more about these homemade chipboard letters!

crazydeb67
Diva
crazydeb67

So here goes:

1. Have you always been a hometown Illinois kid, or have you relocated to our wonderful state? I was born on the South Side and am now a transplant in the South suburbs.

2. What made you start this addicting hobby? and by how "addicting" I mean..what is your limit $$ per month? I had been doing ceramics for about 13 years and my teacher retired. I was going to take it over and couldn't find the space. So a friend was a sb'er and I decided to try it out. That was about 3 or 4 years ago.

3. Have you ever been published? What are your goals? Never been published. I would love to be published. I don't take much time on my layouts, and would love to try all new techniques.

4. What are the three embellishments that you use the most (or just your favs)? Ribbon, brads, chipboard

5. What area/technique do you seek the most help with? Layering

6. Any techniques that totally scare you? Embossing, stamping with paint

7. What would you like us to know about you? I have been married for 15 years, 2 kids, Molly, 12, Lenny, 8. I love getting together and having a good time. I love taking pictures, especially when you get a really good one that just takes your breath away. I love quiet time. I could go hours without talking.

8. What are you an expert at? Sarcasm. Ignoring housework. Volunteering way too much.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

I thought adding bling would be great on those flowers, But I only have 3 little stones and just have never got any more, but I will get some and put on there. Great ideal. I would love to know about the home made chip letters.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

Thanks for the comments. I told you I get alot of comments on my PP cutting. Here is a new one.
Ashley
Here is another one. Some of the doodling is rubon and some are mine can you tell which ones?
Ashley is on the left

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Debra - great job on the LO's..I am always so feverish to cover up so much of the space - I always forget how nice it looks wide open! These were two great examples of that!

Hope everyone else is successful at a page or two today - grades are bogging me down, and probably will off and on until Friday. I'll try best to keep up with posting!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

Welcome new scrappers! Geez...I have to work one day and I feel like I missed a month on this critique group page.....Anyway...I am off to check out all of your new layout posts...I have 2 new layouts: One is Root Root Root for the White Sox which was my first time using white craft ink for stamping, and my other is the latest version of that ******** Lily page I've been struggling with:
Lily - Redo (which many of you have already commented on...thank you!)
Have a happy Halloween and I'll talk to you all soon!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• Scrap Candy Said:
Debra - great job on the LO's..I am always so feverish to cover up so much of the space - I always forget how nice it looks wide open! These were two great examples of that!

Hope everyone else is successful at a page or two today - grades are bogging me down, and probably will off and on until Friday. I'll try best to keep up with posting!

Thanks for the comments. I just thought the PP was so pretty I hated to put much over it.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

BOO! Happy Halloween, everyone! I am off to celebrate at school with parties and candies (We also celebrate Dia de los Muertos for the next two days, as well - it is one of my favorite holidays! - Ask me more about it, I love to tell people about it!) So that means MORE candy.

Good thing we have decent weather - the kids will get in a couple of great daylight hours in after school for TRICK OR TREATS!

Can anyone say, CHOCOLATE? (Sorry, Shel!)

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

Yes, as Candi mentioned, I'm allergic to chocolate, so prefer when my kids bring home Skittles, Taffle Apples, starburst and twizzlers! Those are my candies of choice! Of course, I buy chocolate to pass out to trick or treaters...so I won't it eat!
I'm taking my kids to a Halloween party this morning at the preschool, leaving them there for a few hours so I can work, and picking them up in time for trick or treats! Hope everyone has a safe and fun night!
Oh, I'm working on the November sketch contest. Anyone else in?

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Shelstan

Just checking in!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

Ashley

Patrizzia
Expert
Patrizzia

Here is another one!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Hope everyone survived the holiday's festive candy giving spirit, and all is well! Beautiful Lo's Patrizzia!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

• crazydeb67 Said:
So here goes:

1. Have you always been a hometown Illinois kid, or have you relocated to our wonderful state? I was born on the South Side and am now a transplant in the South suburbs.

2. What made you start this addicting hobby? and by how "addicting" I mean..what is your limit $$ per month? I had been doing ceramics for about 13 years and my teacher retired. I was going to take it over and couldn't find the space. So a friend was a sb'er and I decided to try it out. That was about 3 or 4 years ago.

3. Have you ever been published? What are your goals? Never been published. I would love to be published. I don't take much time on my layouts, and would love to try all new techniques.

4. What are the three embellishments that you use the most (or just your favs)? Ribbon, brads, chipboard

7. What would you like us to know about you? I have been married for 15 years, 2 kids, Molly, 12, Lenny, 8. I love getting together and having a good time. I love taking pictures, especially when you get a really good one that just takes your breath away. I love quiet time. I could go hours without talking.

8. What are you an expert at? Sarcasm. Ignoring housework. Volunteering way too much.

Where on the South side? My husband is from Beverly.

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to DLynch

My phone line and DSL were down from Monday afternoon until last night. Boy it's amazing how you miss being connected...

Hope everyone is doing well.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to DLynch

just checking in.

tufano79
Idol
tufano79

I've been such a slacker...I so need to get some LOs uploaded the computer! I did a couple last night and some a couple of weeks ago and I need some suggestions!!

*NOTE TO SELF* -- Upload pictures for critique group.

Hugs, Josie

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to tufano79

Ashley

crazydeb67
Diva
crazydeb67
In response to DLynch

• DLynch Said:
  • crazydeb67 Said:
So here goes:

Where on the South side? My husband is from Beverly.

Close to Marquette Park. 58th & Western

crazydeb67
Diva
crazydeb67
In response to Patrizzia

• Patrizzia Said:

love it!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

• Quote:
Crazy Deb said:Close to Marquette Park. 58th & Western

My husband used to live in Marquette Park....many, many moons ago...when I first met him...almost 20 years ago!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

I'm a midway airport girl - 63rd and Austin!
But my DH golfs at Marquette Park weekly!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

Checking in - good morning everyone

crazydeb67
Diva
crazydeb67

• Scrap Candy Said:
I'm a midway airport girl - 63rd and Austin!
But my DH golfs at Marquette Park weekly!

My mom just moved from 64th & Lockwood. What a coincidence.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

Hi guys! Well, I just finished my 2 layouts for the Nov. sketches challenge...
Tell me what you think!

KIDS

and

IN YOUR ELEMENT

Thanks!
Me

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

Hi, girls, I feel a little out of the loop. I had a root canal (part 2 of procedure) last night, and I am in so much pain! The whole side of my face would feel better if it were chopped off. AUUUGGGHHH.

I will check back later,when I can focus better.

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

• Scrap Candy Said:
Hi, girls, I feel a little out of the loop. I had a root canal (part 2 of procedure) last night, and I am in so much pain! The whole side of my face would feel better if it were chopped off. AUUUGGGHHH.

I will check back later,when I can focus better.

Ouch - hope you feel better soon!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to DLynch

********, Candi! How could this happen the day after Halloween? Does that dentist know how much candy you have in your house? How does he expect you to raid your kids' pumpkins with a root canal healing?

tufano79
Idol
tufano79
In response to Shelstan

Hey all --

I added a whole bunch to my gallery -- A special album just for you talented ladies!!

Please take a look!

http://www.scrapbook.com/scrapbook_layouts/showgallery....

Hugs, Josie

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to tufano79

New one's
Ashley
Fun
Beauty
Chicago

ChicagoMom
Expert
ChicagoMom

Hi ladies--sorry I have been MIA. Crazy times around here--gave out 1300 pieces of candy on Halloween. My dog was really sick (just got him out of the hospital tonight!). I won't bore you.

I tried to catch up and visit the new pages posted--here is one I just uploaded. (I am still working on my sister's wedding album--I am dying to do other pages but I am trying to stick to this project to finish it!)

At Last:

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

Okay Critique Group. I feel like this LO needs something. It is for phamil's "Nov. Challenge-List lo".

Also, should I use the B&W or color photo?

Here are the links but I also created a critique group folder in my gallery where I placed these.

Fantasy Addict color

Fantasy Addict bw

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

Krista I just love the Lo's your doing of the wedding, and I am so glad your back with us again. What was wrong with your dog? I hope he is all better now.

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to DLynch

I have a question for everyone - when you have a LO that you modify do you deleate your old LOs (your before LOs)?

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

• ChicagoMom Said:

Hi ladies--sorry I have been MIA. Crazy times around here--gave out 1300 pieces of candy on Halloween. My dog was really sick (just got him out of the hospital tonight!). I won't bore you.

I tried to catch up and visit the new pages posted--here is one I just uploaded. (I am still working on my sister's wedding album--I am dying to do other pages but I am trying to stick to this project to finish it!)

At Last:

I hope your dog feels better. I love your LO.

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to DLynch

After looking at Josie's calendar, I was just curious when everyone's birthday is? Mine is Feb 23.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to DLynch

May 4th!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to DLynch

• DLynch Said:
I have a question for everyone - when you have a LO that you modify do you deleate your old LOs (your before LOs)?

No, I just leave them in the LO album! Because my friends get on here and check out my work!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Hey All, I won't be here for a few days! I am going to go out of town and will be back Sunday. SEE YA!!!!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

• scrapbook girl Said:
Hey All, I won't be here for a few days! I am going to go out of town and will be back Sunday. SEE YA!!!!

Have a great time!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to DLynch

Have fun.

tufano79
Idol
tufano79

My birthday is January 19th!

Hugs, Josie

ChicagoMom
Expert
ChicagoMom
In response to tufano79

Hi everyone--happy Friday! Thanks for your well wishes for my dog--I am REALLY attached to him. He is an INCREDIBLY sweet 10 year old chocolate brown cocker spaniel named Sam (he is related to Oprah's two cockers!) At any rate, he apparently has pancreatitis. $600 later, he is doing much better. More blood work and meds coming--but expected to make a full recovery. Thanks again for your well wishes.

Diane---I actually have not gone back and re-done a layout. Perhaps because I spend WAY too much time tweaking a layout before I glue it down. When I finally make my decisions, I decide to just live with them. I definitely have layouts that I don't like that much---but I have so many more to do--I just keep going! But, I would think it would be more interesting to leave the "before" and "after" in your gallery. I gave you my thoughts on your fantasy layout in the gallery. I like it!

Have a great getaway scrapbook girl--(Deborah, right??--we have such a small group for 3 Deborahs/Debbies--I am going to get confused!)

My birthday is July 14th--and I am totally true to the Cancer horoscope traits!

Have a great weekend everyone--I am working the crop at Windy City Scrapbooking tonight--wish you could be there! Lots of new stuff in the store (meaning I won't actually take home a PENNY! )

Best Regards, Krista

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

If you need to know how to do it go to the forums and ask the tech support, because I don't know how to either. Krista you can always call me luci everyone else does, hehehe.
And deb have a great get away.

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

Here is a new LO:

I'm Innocent

Seems I'm on a digital kick...

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to DLynch

Wow - I feel like I have been gone for days...you girls were busy today! I promise to make it to check out all of you ladies' new LO's tonight.

BECAUSE I CAN! Thankfully my tooth pain has subside (for now), and I am looking forward to catching up on a few zzzz's tonight. ALSO I am finished with my reports card, and DON'T have to grade a thing!

I am planning on making this a scrap filled weekend - I can't wait! Krista, I sure wish I could be at Windy city tonight - there is ALWAYS a stash of great product - I don't know of anything that isn't available there! I wish the store could expand! (we need one on the south side!)

I am a MAY baby, too, Deborah! the 10th is my day.
Well...I am going get started on some sketches so I can get my LO's put together tomorrow.

Krista, I know you asked me a while ago - and I don't think I got back to you -about adhesive:
I agree, I don't typically go back and change alot of LO's, but I have done it two or three times. I use the herma vario - it is repositionable if you remove it slowly. I also use the purple scotch vellum runners, alot. My friends that don't scrap - laugh at all of the different types of adhesive that i have - when you count glue dots, pop dots, liquid, and stuff.

Well, I am sure you can tell that I am a little long winded tonight - and need to go place my energy into some LO's!

Happy scrapping!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to tufano79

• tufano79 Said:
Hey all --

I added a whole bunch to my gallery -- A special album just for you talented ladies!!

Please take a look!

http://www.scrapbook.com/scrapbook_layouts/showgallery....

Hugs, Josie

This calendar, you will love! I made one last year, and It is so wonderful to turn the personalized pages each month. I am thinking of putting it in it's own album when the year is over!

Great job Josie!

Page 1 of 35 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics