Page 1 of 130 
Username Post: Hard Core Critique group!!! ---"CLOSED"        (Topic#1412503)
Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Welcome to all those who dare ENTER!! I am looking to start a Critique group with HARD CORE members!

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am really looking to improve on my scrapbooking, through techniques and creativeness, so I welcome anyone who is up for CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM, to give and receive it! So this is open to ANYONE who feels the same.

The goal of this group would be to follow a teacher's old-fashioned writing system (Yes, I am a teacher!) Which means that each time you are asked to comment on a LO, you must use two checks and a star:

A check is something you would fix.
A star is something you really love.

It is wonderful to receive the love attached to your uploaded LOs - but sometimes I am looking for more. I want to know where I can improve, how I can grow! If you feel this way..then you would be a great addition to the group! I am also hunting for a few experts...that can guide us along the way!

Please say you are up for this CHALLENGE, of sorts!

Can't wait to hear from you!

ACTIVE MEMBERS TO DATE:
Scrap Candy
brigid16
PamFSU29
Caribbean~girl
Outsidechic
Shelstan
scraprabbit
katscans55

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Scrap Candy

Here's a little more about me:

As a scrapbooker:
I have been scrapping for about three years now.
I have become an addict - I buy everything I can get my hands on!
I love to spend hours organizing my supplies.
I love to spend hours designing sketches (hand drawn, of course!)
I love Creating Keepsakes , and can't wait for them to arrive in my mailbox.
I love using ribbons, brads, and acrylics!

As a person:
I am married with two kids; 6 and 8 (one of each)
My DH is my highschool sweetheart.
I am a third grade teacher, who tries to keep up with work and home, and still juggle my passion of scrapping!
I am born and raised Chicago-style, but have deep southern roots from my family tree.
I love genealogy.
I'll take 1,000+ pics on a single trip.

I would love to scrap 24/7

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

I would really love to join the group. I know great layouts when I see them but I struggle with mine sometimes. Are we going to post the responses or send them through PM's?

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to brigid16

Glad to have you! I am really hoping to spark some interest in this! I look forward to growing with you!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

I would like to give this a try. I love the love...but sometimes would like something a little "more".

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Nancy Keslin

I would be interested in joining this group, I would like more than love on some of my pages too.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

Welcome Pam, Nancy, and Brigid! So glad to have you! Please feel free to tell us whatever you want us to know about you!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Hey Candi, I do have a question. Do we need to post a certain amount of layouts per week/month to be Critiqued?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

Hi! I'm Nancy. I have been married for 14 years and I am a stay at home/homeschooling mom to 3 wonderful children. I have been scrapping for 12 years. I have an addiction to scrapbook supplies and have become quite the collector! It is time I break out some of those beautiful goodies and put them to use!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

Oh, that is a good question Lousia!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i like the sound of this group, and I have been timid to do this because everyone is so nice in crits that I hate that, it big pet peeve of mine from college all i ever wanted to here was what i could improve on not oh i like this and that. but I don't want people to hate me, either. I have yet to post any lo but i can and will, is there a required number to submit?

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to cruiselover

• caribbean~girl Said:
Hey Candi, I do have a question. Do we need to post a certain amount of layouts per week/month to be Critiqued?

Good question, Louisa! I don't think we need the stress of keeping up with a certain amount of LOs. This is a growing experience...not a challenge.

I know that pressure to complete something can be staining - and that is not my goal. It is just to improve!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Okay Candi, I'm in! Are there going to be a limit number of people in this group? And, I think this is correct, do I post layouts on this thread that I want help on? Or do we open up an album? Sorry for all the questions?

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

I would say to just post the LOs - no need to create an album, don't you think? As for members, Let's try it out with no more than 10-15 ( I am optomistic !) because daily life can be tough, and sometimes members leave.

I will post our names on the front page and type full when we reach the limit of members wanted. Sound good?

For everyone: Feel free to tell us what you want us to know, including the name you want used in the group, to identify you!

Some of us have met before, but just in case!
I am glad everyone likes the "rule" about the two checks and a star! Warms a teacher's heart! I am off to add those names to the top!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Hello, I will introduce myself.

I'm Louisa. I will be married for 3 years in May.
I've been scrapbooking for about 4 years now.
I scrap mostly me and dh, trips, games, Disneyland, and my sweet little nephew. I have an album just for him. Although, I have another little neice/nephew on the way. This one is due at the end of May, so I will be able to start another album for that little one! (I'm excited about that).
I usually don't go crazy and spend $100's of dollar on scrapbooking supplies . Actually, I never have.
My favorite scrapbooking stuff right now is patterned paper , buttons and flowers.
Elsie Flannigan and Jamie Waters are my two favorite scrapbookers right now. I often will get my inspiration from them.
I also love my Creating Keepsakes magazine! It's my favorite and I too can't wait to see it in my mailbox. At one point (a few years ago), I hounded the poor mailman for my magazine!
Goals:
One problem I have is I buy stuff and don't use it right away. It just sits there. And now, I'm trying to use my old stuff first. It doesn't really make sense why I do this because it then gets outdated. So, one of my goals is to use my new stuff as I get it and use up my older stuff that I actually still like.
I'm looking to improve my pages. Sometimes I get "stuck" and don't really have anyone to ask. It would be nice to have an honest opinion before I glue any of it down!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i just posted some of my layouts in my gallery. And I don't know how to get them in here, but there is only 6, so have at them.

I know I am favoring the film strip...and Im just starting out with embellies so there is noyhing more than paper, ink and glue in these lo.

hey how do i get the crit group link on my profile??

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to outsidechic

outsidechic: I pm'd you some directions on how to leave a link here for us to get to your gallery.

And if that wasn't overwhelming enough, I will be glad to tell you about the link on your profile!

Your LOs have the most important three things: photos, title, and journaling. Embellies will come with time, I left you some suggestions!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

test #2 I think i did it right this timemy lout

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Hi girls! I am Pam, I have been married for 2 1/2 years, but tomorrow is mine and DH's 8 year being together anniversary! We have a 19 month old daughter, who you will be seeing a lot of, she is what I scrap the most! We are in Las Vegas, but are moving back to FL(the panhandle) in June, right before hurricane season

As for scrapping, right now I have been using lots of flowers cut from pp and buttons, and I am just transitioning to 8.5x11 from 12x12, so I will need lots of help on those pages!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to PamFSU29

oops, I forgot to say that I have been scrapping since November of 2005!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

I should tell you about my self, hmmm

okay I am trying to move away from Basic Grey paper, my last book is Basic Grey and bazzil. but that is hard to do. My style I don't know, i like straight lines, distressing, bold colors, alphabet die cuts, my handwritting, and clean design.
I'm been off and on scrapbooking since college. I graduated San Diego State in 03 with a ba in art emphisis in graphic design...so it's only natural to get into scrapbooking.
I am mainly doing my dh of 15 months now. her first year book is practically done now, because i did all the layouts for the year before she was born. I like doing layout sketches, and regualarly run out of pictures, before i feel i want to stop scrapping. And I do layouts with paper before i have any pics and work them in after that.
I like to look in Creating Keepsakes and Simple Scrapbooks for inspiration and i have a sketch book full of lo that i like and want to work with in the future. dont have a favorite desiner all thought i do like ali edwards stuff.
i'm 26, been married almost 6 years and finaly have a job as a gd typesetting stamps. I have 3 parrots and a few dogs. hmmm cant think of anything else...

i forgot photography, I love to take artsy pictures and get the perfect ones. take 1000's all the time. looking to get a dsl camera the brand i'm still reasearching. but as of right now i have no camera by dh broke the one i had and the new one is on back order. i'll keep you posted

Edited by outsidechic on 04-04-07 08:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

WOW! Pam I give it to you! I can't imagine having to pack up and move; especially cross country!

Outsidechic: Is there something we should call you other than using your screen name? I am definetly with you when it comes to photography: 1,000 pics per second! I have a Nikon SLR. I haven't learned all the bells and whistles yet, but it is definetly easy to use.

Louisa: Didn't you fail to mention that you are a BIG (more like ENORMOUS!) Kenny Chesney FAN!? (hee hee, we are both guilty of this!)

Speaking of Creating Keepsakes ---> What do you guys do with "old" copies? I am going through them as we speak - I have TONS of CK, MM, and SS, but I usually don't refer back to them after a couple of months have gone by...so should I tear out the inspirational LOs? sketch down good ideas? Keep them forever?

Off to flip some pages!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

my name is jakki, i am so used to not putting my name on any online stuff i just forgot.

my old mags i go through and cut out the lo and products that inspire me and glue them all down in a scrapbook. i took i pile of 3 years worth of mag and that took up about 30-40 pages of the sketchbook, with room to disect them into the elements i like and sketch of the layout

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

I'm questioning the structure of this LO...

shamrock

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Jakki, I just discovered BG and I love it! I didn't buy it before now when the Blush and Phoebe line came out. I don't buy the packs but just the individual sheets.

Candi, Yes I love our Kenny Chesney! Have you heard his new song with Tracy Lawrence and Tim McGraw? It's called "You find out who your friends are" something like that. I finally got the name of it since I heard it first last week. Love it!
I just recently started tearing apart my old magazines and in the process of putting them in a big binder. I have different catagories as to why I liked each layout, technique, colors, style, topic, design, etc. I hope this works for me. Oh and my friend puts hers in page protectors but I figured I'm not. I'm not keeping it forever and will probably throw it away after I use the idea.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to PamFSU29

Here is a little about me. I have been scrapbooking for about 4 years. Most all of my layouts I do are of my two girls Delaney (3) and Brynn (1). I love Heidi Swapp stuff and try to use in almost every layout. I am also in love with rub ons especially swirlly ones. I seem to have an addiction to letters of all kinds. We do not have a scrapbook store in this area so when I go to one I tend to be a shopping maniac and buy everything that looks good. I am terrible at journaling. That is an area that I would like to work on. I am going to go back to Candi's direction on my pm and try to paste a link to my gallery. Candi you rock and have been way helpful. THanks for paying it forward!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to brigid16

Link
Ok I am trying to see if this works.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to brigid16

Don't click on that I did it wrong.
SORRY!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to brigid16

my gallery
Lets try this again
Never mind don't click on this either. I will keep trying.

Edited by brigid16 on 04-04-07 08:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to brigid16

Brigid. Just post links(copy and paste) till you get it down. You will get there!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

Candy- Left you some suggestions in your gallery.

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Here are 2 pages I would love feedback on!Cheese

Funny Girl Sorry the scan is so blurry:( The colors look wierd too, the button is supposed to be red!

Thanks girls!

Edited by PamFSU29 on 04-04-07 09:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

I can't believe it is Thursday ALREADY...it has been heaven getting so much scrapping done this week while on break, I may have to sit down and cry when I head back to school this next week.

I have managed to get through about half of my magazines - it is such a process, but I have come across so many ideas I want to try. I am looking into the binder thing - I am like you Louisa, I think I will toss it after I use it.

I am soooo lovin' the constructive critisism...it makes me look at things SO differently! Thank you guys!

I have been able to get through three challenges this week! So I think I am going to go work on some Disney pics (i've only got about 500 more to put into LOs!)

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

I really like the comments too, it is nice to get a different perspective!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

I'm also loving the crit, now i am going to have to go back and rework some stuff. Your all going to get me to use embellies now and I am SO THANKFULL for that, I always seem so stumped when i try use them.

hey are we allowed to re post pages after we alter them, with the suggestions that we get?

and im exitied my new old camera is on its way so i can start taking picutres again.. i think im going to have to scrap the last picture the old camera took, with a pic of what the camera looks like now and the stroy. lol:)

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

Delaney's picture of me
Ok here is me trying again. This is supposed to be a pic of me that my three year old took today.
My little photographer!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!

Edited by brigid16 on 04-05-07 12:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Helen Croft
Diva
Helen Croft
In response to brigid16

Here I am ~the EXPERT

I have been looking at some of your LO's. Do you want me to just comment on them, as the rest of you do, and give any suggestions there?

Just let me know!

Helen Croft
Diva
Helen Croft
In response to Helen Croft

I was thinking ...I could post a tip-of-the-day-kind-of-thing if you want Candi! It would be advice that I figured out by myself- the hard way-and probably some stolen ones, from magazines. What do you think?

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

Helen - I think that is what we have been doing for the most part. It seems to work well so far.
I think it is a great idea to post a TOTD. I know I can use as many tips as I can. Wow, Japan. What is it like to get hold of scrapbook stuff in Japan? Is this a hobby for many over there? Welcome to the group!

cathyy
cathyy 
Idol
cathyy
In response to brigid16

I was wondering if I would be able to join this group??? I have just started scrapbooking about 10 months ago. I would really like to WOW more of my pages. I have some really great friends that have taught me alot but I hate to bug them all the time. I have 2 daughters, which is mainly all I scrapbook. I'm not sure how much I would be able to "add" to others pages that they want critiqued, but I would be willing to try. Thanks!

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P
In response to cathyy

This really sounds great!!! I think I would like to get in on this!!

Helen Croft
Diva
Helen Croft
In response to brigid16

• brigid16 Said:
Helen - I think that is what we have been doing for the most part. It seems to work well so far.
I think it is a great idea to post a TOTD. I know I can use as many tips as I can. Wow, Japan. What is it like to get hold of scrapbook stuff in Japan? Is this a hobby for many over there? Welcome to the group!

OMG! You must think I'm nuts...calling myself expert, but it was just that Candi asked me to be some kind of expert for this group, which I find but she seems to think that I'm good enough!
Anyways..I will NOT be posting any LO's for you to critique, since I have my own little critique group in my head I am rarely pleased with my LO's! And I redo A LOT of them.

Hopefully though, I can share SOME THOUGHTS and we can all get better at what we love so much!(WOW, now I sound like a poet or something!) Better get going

Tay
Tay 
Diva
Tay
  • Tay on 04-06-07 12:43 AM
In response to cathyy

I wouldn't mind getting in on this group if you still have room. I'm still developing my style, so some advice here and there would be great.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to Tay

Welcome Tey, Cathy, and Tina! And YEah Helen and all the voices in her head for coming and helping us.
You still didn't answer my questions! Tell me about scrapping in Japan! How cool!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to brigid16

Hey ladies! I am working on my cheese layout, and I was going to repost it when I'm done.

Helen, I know I would love some tips from you!

Helen Croft
Diva
Helen Croft
In response to brigid16

• brigid16 Said:
Welcome Tey, Cathy, and Tina! And YEah Helen and all the voices in her head for coming and helping us.
You still didn't answer my questions! Tell me about scrapping in Japan! How cool!

You know, I wouldn't know! Sorry! We live on a american military base-so i't more or less like living in the states!So sad that I don't know more about the Japanese culture:(

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

WOW! I disappear for a 24 hour period and we've got all kinds of HARD CORE friends!

Welcome to Helen, Cathy, Tina, and Tay!

I can't wait to here what you girls have to say! I've been on Spring Break this week and have really enjoyed having the time to put together a LO almost every day this week, but last night I got side tracked, my ds is running a fever, with no other symptoms...hmmm?

Helen: I am so glad you could make it! I do call you my favorite inspiration! I really love how your pages turn out! You should be the resident expert! (Everyone who agrees with me - RAISE your HAND!) I think your gallery overflows with so many cool techniques and LOs! I am glad you came!

Hey Louisa, Cool new pic of your trip stuff! Too bad Kenny is already on tour-you could have bumped into him out there!

Pam, I can't wait to see how you change the "Cheese" LO - It was great page to begin with!

Everyone, feel free to post those LOs that you really want critiqued. The two checks and a star rule has been working really well so far! (More info on the front page)

Tell us what you want us to know!

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr

I'm bracing myself, but count me in... Truth is truth and it's good for ya, too!

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr
In response to cathyy

A bit about me... I started scrapping in January. Of this year. I already have a Cricut, a scrapping room and a stuffed crop tote, as well as a favorite LSS where they all know me by name. I'm there a lot!

I'm a newlywed, as of February. DH has an 18 year old son, but almost no pictures, due to too many moves, an ex wife who kept most of them, and some jealous girlfriends. Grrr... I have no kids and we have no pets. Boring, aren't we? But we ride Harleys (that's how we met) and we manage to keep very busy. My vision is occasionally iffy and I retired early, to get things done while I could still see. The world doesn't always exist the way I see it and so lining things up straight can be a challenge.

I have traveled a lot in my life and I continue to travel. However, traveling alone means I have fewer pictures. DH is gradually realizing how much I enjoy photography and he's getting used to being my victim- er, I mean subject.

So far, my most consistently successful pages are scraplifts. I'm trying to move away from that and work more from sketches, with more left up to my discretion and creativity. I keep getting books and reading about techniques and different ideas, but when it comes time to sit down and scrap, I do the same things, over and over again. Yawn.

Tay
Tay 
Diva
Tay
  • Tay on 04-06-07 02:33 PM
In response to JaineParr

A bit about me: I'm the wife of a military member and we're currently stationed in Italy.
I have two wonderful children, ages 13 and 6 (well almost).
I started scrapbooking 3 years ago when I met fellow sb.com neighbor Scrapzalot and saw her work. She's amazing and has taught me a lot, but I still feel I have a long way to go in developing my style.
I struggle with paper matching and overall design... and I'm never happy with the way my LOs turn out. (I think we're all that way to some degree, aren't we?)

Here's my latest creation. It's a bit drab because I'm using it as an example in the challenge I'm hosting where you must use NO store bought embellies (Everything is handcut... scallops and all) I liked the paper so much, I didn't want to cover it with punched flowers. I'm new to using Basic Grey , but I'm finding it easier than I had anticipated because it all coordinates so well. What great colors to work with too!

Anyhoo... here it is... Four

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Tay

wow its getting crazy in here.well i just have to say thnks for the comments..i'll have more stuff up soon. DH gave in and bought me a new camera rebel xti. So this weekend i'm taking pictures and dirt biking, should be fun. I'll get back to you all and comment monday. L8s

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Tay: That is such a cute LO! WTG on that challenge. I have entered three challenges so far - and I have one more on my list.

Jaine: Welcome to the group. We are glad to have you.

I am off to see what I can put together tonight...

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Welcome Tay, Tina, Cathy, JaineParr, and Expert Helen! I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Helen, I'm glad Candi asked you to be our "expert"! I too LOVE your stuff! You do awesome work and you have such cute subjects!

Candi, I love challenges! They have really helped me in my scrapbooking!

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P
In response to Tay

Very cute lo!! Great job.

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P

Yes, Helen glad to see you here to help us!!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!

Tay--Great lo!!

My computer crashed so it might be a while before I can get lo's up loaded!
So, I don't want to take anyones spot if they want to jump in!!

I am just stating the challege things. I have been in scrapinfor3-BOM challenge for a while, but just started to venture out a little more!! I like to look at the scraplift challenge, but have not joined, because I'm trying also to come up with things on my own.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

Edited by Tina P on 04-06-07 06:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to Tina P

Tey, your layout is so cute! Nice job at not using any store bought embellies!
Tina - I checked out your gallery too. You have really nice work as well. Is there any you want looked at or should we just wait until you post something new? You have obviously been busy!!!!!
Candi - Spring break is almost over! I hope that you were able to get lots done! Don't worry, summer will soon be here.
After looking at everyones layouts I am feeling very...self concious about mine. You all have such great work. I will just have to work on stepping it up!!!!
Have to go hide eggs and candy. The EB is visiting tonight as we are going to the grandparents for Easter. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will check back in on Mon!

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P
In response to brigid16

Thanks--brigid!!! Feel free to give me any suggestions on any of my lo's. I know I could use some help. Right now, I have no computer to download, post or print out my smaller photos that I need for the lo that I want to do. I also have a journal page that I want to do. I hope everyone is doing better than me!!!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Tina P

Oh Tina! I feel for you...I recently went through ALOT of techno drama, and sure am glad to have everything up and running again!

I, typically, print my own pics for EVERYTHING! I have an Epson Stylus PHOTO printer that I adore, but when I began upgrading to a new system - I had ALOT of difficulties and thought I would pass out!

Here's a POLL: How many of you girls print your own pics?

Brigid, you are right, my Spring Break is wrapping its way to an end tomorrow - but I am going to fight my way through the last few seconds and get as much as I can done!

So, on that note, this is my latest:

MY GUY

I feel that it is too busy with the pp that I used, but give me your thoughts on the matter...

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Candi, love that lo-left you comments!

I print my own pictures, we have an Epson R320 printer, I love that I don't have to wait to get pictures, I can just go and print them.

I have finished re-doing the cheese layout, and I am much happier with it! I have another page too, but today is DH's b-day, so I may not get it posted today. We are going to dye easter eggs tonight too!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

PAM: ooooh! ME TOO! I have an R320, too! I LOVE it!

It is funny, I had a hard time with "MY GUY" and putting it together - I HAD to put NUMBERS on the page because they make up so much of what my dh is all about (silly math lover!) But I wan't so happy with the end result - it looked so BUSY. It just goes to show - YOU NEED TO SEE THINGS THROUGH OTHER'S EYES!

(I wonder if Jackson Pollock felt that way?)

Anyway - I have really enjoyed this afternoon - we dyed eggs and made cookies early; I have spent most of the afternoon scrapping!

This is my past two hours!
HEAVEN

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Hey Tay! Your "FOUR" LO made it into the Favorites section! WTG!

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr

Candi, I left you some input.

I print my own photos, too. I have an Epson-I-can't-remember-numbers photo printer. I love being able to print at any time and to re-print if I want a different crop or size. I buy the non name brand ink. It's available at 1/3 the price of the name brand stuff and makes home printing really cheap. Costco paper is also a great buy. If I were to get my pics printed at Costco, they'd use Costco paper.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to JaineParr

I really appreciate all of the love on my "GUY" LO - and I especially agree w/ the touch of green. Louisa, I adore that heart idea! I've given up for the day - it's time to hit the sack, and wake up Easter morn'...

HOPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to JaineParr

Hey Girls! Candi, I left you some comments too. I'm sorry, I really don't feel like I'm much of a help. I don't really have a "good eye".

I don't print my pictures at home, i use Costco or Kodak. We just have a cheap printer for basic stuff.

Here is a layout I have been working on and looking at for almost a week now. Nothing is permantely stuck, just the BG letter stickers, but I think I could remove them. I like to have journaling on my pages and I have journaling strips on this one. Any suggestions would be helpful. I think I like it the way it is. (Sorry if the journaling is a bit "mushy").
Cute Together

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

okay girls, left some comments, and here are 2 pages for you to check out:

Cheese-revised

Chopstick Fun

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P
In response to PamFSU29

Happy Easter girls!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Left comments for you all--great lo's!!!

Thank you for your support Candi!! I think my husband is going to share his computer with me in my scraproom!! I think that would be great, now if I can talk him in to it sometime this week, that would be wonderful. I have 4 lo's to be posted!!!

Have a great day!!!

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P
In response to Tina P

BTW---I print out photos that have to be custom made!! Likt 2x2 or wallets things like that!!! I

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Tina P

Louisa and Pam great new LOs. I especially like how you both used journalling boxes.

I am off to pick up easter grass and egg shells..that the bunny left behind.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Happy Easter girls! I bet you are going to take some great Egg Hunting pictures today!

Thanks for the comments on my page. I was a little unsure, I think I will leave it, I'm considering the ribbon or doodling.

Tina- Sometimes I want to have the perfect square pictures printed, like 4x4's and 2x2's. What photo program do you have?

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Hey Ladies. I read through this thread last night and was wondering if there is room for one more. I am new to SBing and as everyone else addicted. I struggled with the idea of joining a group such as this because I know my pages are not at the level of others. I do want to learn new techniques and "grow". I could use an experienced eye and input. I believe I come up with some really great ideas but when I sit to scrap them I either draw a blank or it never turns out the way I had it pictured in my head.
So I think I could really benefit from this qroup. Thanks

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Monica Jo

Happy Easter girls, thanks for the love:)

Tina, I would love to know what photo program you use too! I always cut my pics to get the size I want, but I would love being able to print them in the size I want.

Hi Monica!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to PamFSU29

I think I am gonna have to back out of this group. I am just not sure I am going to have the time to devote!

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Nancy! We will be so sad to see you go!
and...
Monica, welcome!

I guess I have had my fun this week, but it is time to head back into reality! Spring Break has come to an end...time for this teacher to hit the books and grade some papers!

I'll be around daily, in the evenings, checking in and out!

Keep up the good work, girls!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Thanks for the welcoming. I will be posting more about myself tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr

• caribbean~girl Said:
Happy Easter girls! I bet you are going to take some great Egg Hunting pictures today!

Thanks for the comments on my page. I was a little unsure, I think I will leave it, I'm considering the ribbon or doodling.

Tina- Sometimes I want to have the perfect square pictures printed, like 4x4's and 2x2's. What photo program do you have?

I'm not Tina, but this might help. First, you use any graphic editing application and crop your photo to be square. A photo printer must be set to not impose it's own dimensions and crop your photo again to get it back to 4x6 proportion, or 8x10 or whatever. Some printers will let you do this, some won't. Check the manual. Or, you can insert your cropped photo into a Word document and adjust the size to be what you want using the margins as guides for actual as opposed to on-screen size. Then print the document.

I've used both systems. It depends on which printerI'm using. The Word system lets me know exactly how large the photo will be with no guesswork, the printer system is more comvenient for me, but my pics aren't always exactly the size I expect.

cathyy
cathyy 
Idol
cathyy
In response to JaineParr

Splash
I really like how this one turned out... but please feel free to offer any suggestions!!

Zoo

Pals

This last one, I'm not real sure that I like. Not sure what is wrong.
Play Time
Thanks!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to cathyy

Thanks for the info on the resizing the pictures!!!

Left you some comments Cathy!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to PamFSU29

Ok here is a bit about me:

I have been scrap booking for just under a year. I fell in love and now completely addicted.
We added on to our home and I have completely taken over the room that was going to be his “MAN ROOM” for all my supplies. (hey he has his shop for his tools LOL)
I too love Creating Keepsakes Magazine. When this hobby took over my mind I subscribed to several mags but CK is the only one that I have renewed.
I am still learning new techniques but I tend to use a lot of torn paper and distressing so far. I really love metal work too.

I am a SAHM of 4 boys and also part time Interior Decorator Student.
I recently signed up with MemoryWorks as an Independent Scrapbook Consultant.
I pretty well love any kind of crafting.
Oh yeah and I am a major NASCAR fan.

That is about all I can think of right now.

Thanks for letting me share.

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Monica Jo

HI guys and girls! Are you still looking for a few good men (women) for your critique group? I am always looking for ways to improve my scrapping, although I have resigned myself to knowing that I scrap in a certain style and it's difficult to change that style. I'd love to join if you'll have me!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Shelstan

Quick question for all of you...

I just gor back from Disney and I was wondering if anyone has any new, unique, different, unusual or suprising Disney supplies, techniques, or layout ideas! I've been there before and want this album to look different from the others, although the pics are pretty much the same! Any help would be appreciated!!

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr
In response to Shelstan

I'd avoid anything that's 'brand name' Disney and just use outlines of the charactersand buildings. Define them by their absence, so to speak.

Tay
Tay 
Diva
Tay
  • Tay on 04-09-07 01:59 PM
In response to JaineParr

Here's my latest creation. I'm actually kinda happy with this one.
Note: the scan makes it appear that the doodle on the right is faint and smeared.. it isn't IRL.

Angelic Moment

Helen Croft
Diva
Helen Croft
In response to Tay

I will try to check in as often as I can, and leave comments on all the LOs, but it might not happen Sometimes when I look at a LO and I think it might need some work, but I can't really pinpoint "what", I just leave it blank...YKWIM?

Anyways.. I thought I'll introduce myself properly:

I'm Helen and recently turned 40!! I have been married to my prince for 7 years ( so you can figure I had to kiss some frogs first!)
We have to adorable kids. Elsa-almost 6 and Conrad-4.
My husband is a Marine and we are stationed in Okinawa ,Japan at the moment. My DH will retire next year and then we will move to Sweden-where I'm from or California! Big decision!

I joined sb.com last summer and I love it here! I have imroved sooo much! It's such a inspiring place! I always say, that if any of my LO's turn out good-it's by accident!
The nicest thing you could say to me is-that I don't have A certain scrap STYLE! I always try to make something new.But it's not always easy.
Right now I'm working with LO's made with all scraps. Our friend Tay sent me a whole box with scraps..so I will be busy with that for a while!

That's all for now!

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Tina P

Just jumping on the computer for a second. I have two boys home from school with temps and alot of coughing. To be honest I am not feeling so well either. So I wont be doing any scrapping today. I plan to just lay around with my boys and try to get to feeling better.
I hope you all have a fantastic day.

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to Tina P

sorry had a duplicate post there.....DELETE

Edited by Monica Jo on 04-10-07 06:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to Monica Jo

Stopping in to say hello. Left some comments on pages. You can tell our host is back to work, she's not on as much this week. Candi, I miss you!!!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

So, I guess it's time to introduce myself before I post any layouts.

I'm Shel, Shellie, Shelstan, Shelster, Michelle, but don't call me Mick or Mish! (I hate that!) I have been married for 10 years and have a 5 year old and a 2 (soon to be 3) year old! My dd is driving me crazy with the Terrible Twos!! All I keep thinking about is that the threes are so much worse than the twos, so I don't know how it can get any worse than it already is!!

Anyway, I used to be an elementary school teacher. (I was actually Candi's mentor!) Then I decided I wanted to spend more time with my children and less time working, but not quit completely. So, now I work part-time, teaching teachers how to be better teachers! It's an interesting job! The best part about it is that I make the same money and work fewer days per week with more vacation time! Who could say no to that?

I have been scrapping for a LONG time! Actually, one of my earliest scrapbooks dates back to the early 1990's, so I guess you could say that I've been a scrapbooker for over 17 years!

Of course, I go through different phases, styles and techniques. My early scrapbooks are ******** compared to my current ones! However, it is a symbol of my evolution!

I am also a trained photographer. I used to be a baby photographer in high school and went on to be trained with 70mm high fashion photography at Glamour Shots when I was working through college. So, I think that I have a good idea for posing people and taking good shots. I hope this is evident in my layouts!

I am so anxious to get to know all of you and I hope to learn a lot from you!!

Have a great day!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to Shelstan

Monica, I hope you and your sons feel better soon.

Shel, nice to meet you.

Helen, I'm in California! I lived here my whole life. Is your husband from here? Sweden or CA? Tough decision!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

So here are a couple of my newest ones. I'd love any and all feedback...

addiction

my toys!

TFL!!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Shelstan

Welcome Shel!

just checking in before I start dinner...

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

Oh, Louisa...You know me too well! I really did enjoy last week, so relaxing being able to check in when I wanted to! INSTEAD of fighting for time to sneak in here and there!

43 more school days,'til summer's here...

but who's counting right?

bet you can't tell where my passion lies...

This week is made tougher because report cards are due...and I am trying to find placements for incoming student teachers (yea, I have a classroom w/ 25 kiddies and coordinate all future, aspiring teachers, too - guess I learned that from my Mentor eight years ago huh, Shel?! - oh that made you sound old, sorry!)

But I am going to do my best to keep up with the new stuff! ...it's just one of those...you know...fun weeks!

Hold the fort down for me ladies!

Helen Croft
Diva
Helen Croft

• caribbean~girl Said:
Monica, I hope you and your sons feel better soon.

Shel, nice to meet you.

Helen, I'm in California! I lived here my whole life. Is your husband from here? Sweden or CA? Tough decision!

Yes my DH is from San Berdino(?) and he is the one that wants to move to Sweden and I want to move to CA. We are going there for two weeks in May and after that we will make up our mind. where are you at?

Shel! You asked how I did my circles..very funny..I trace something round and then I just cut with my scissors...kind of stoneage,huh?

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

Just checking in, I had a great weekend. My dd decided to drink the egg die, it was funny and she was done dieing eggs after that. and if i can find time to tonight i will have a new page up that i am ready to throw in the trash, but i am hoping you ladies can help prevent that. bbrs

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Helen, I'm about 20 minutes from Disneyland and about 10 minutes (opposite direction) from the beach. San Bernadino is about and hour away from me, NO TRAFFIC. With traffic, that's a another story! How exciting! HOw long will you be in California? I know you just came back from Disneyworld, but are you going to Disneyland here?

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Oh, Thank goodness it is Wednesday! That means I am half way to finding my scrap table again! I am reallllllllly suffering - I have ideas POP up in the middle of the day, and can't do anything about it!

Wishing everyone else better!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

• outsidechic Said:
Just checking in, I had a great weekend. My dd decided to drink the egg die, it was funny and she was done dieing eggs after that. and if i can find time to tonight i will have a new page up that i am ready to throw in the trash, but i am hoping you ladies can help prevent that. bbrs

Ha ha! My dd kept trying to tip over the glasses and then she smashed some eggs, good thing they were hard boiled:) After that I moved her far away and just let her watch-I guess that's what I get for dyeing eggs with a 19 month old, but I am too excited to wait to do all the fun holiday stuff!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

• lillagumman Said:

Shel! You asked how I did my circles..very funny..I trace something round and then I just cut with my scissors...kind of stoneage,huh?

I do the same thing! Everytime I want to get a circle cutter, I would rather spend $$ on paper or embellies!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to PamFSU29

Welcome Shel! I left some comments on your LO's. I totally know what you mean about the terrible two and fear of the threes. My oldest is turing three on the 17th and all of a sudden within the past couple weeks she started talking back. WTH?! Where did my darling, sweet girl go?
I can't remember if I said welcome to Monica too. So if not Welcome! I feel like I have been gone for so long.
Pam- I totally know what you mean about starting holiday stuff too soon. My 15 mo old was coloring eggs too. Or at least throwing them into the glasses! My three year old kept trying to teach her how to be soft but Brynn liked the splash.
Candi I know what you mean about being half way there! The thing I do to save all my pop up ideas (since I have a terrible memory) is I have this three ring binder. It has sections for my sketches, stuff I see that I want to buy, quotes, and embellie ideas. I love it.
Plus it kind of meets my need to stay connected to SBing until I can get to my table.
I hope that it is warmer where all of you are - especially in CA. We got 3 inches of snow today and has not stopped. I thought it was April. This is bad even for Iowa!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to brigid16

Hey just wondering if you all can check these LO's out. I know they need something especially the rt side of the double LO. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Page 1 of 130 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics