Page 4 of 130 
Username Post: Hard Core Critique group!!! ---"CLOSED"        (Topic#1412503)
Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to brigid16

• brigid16 Said:
Have fun Shel.
will check out everyone's pages in a little bit. Just wanted to check in!

Thanks, Brigid. I definitely will!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Shelstan

Have fun Shel!!!

Thanks girls, there is so much stuff I want to help with scrapping, computer programs, tools, but when it comes down to buying them, I want to spend the money on paper and embellishments:) I am making a scrapbook for MIL's friend, and DH said I could spend that $$ on supplies, but I think I want to use it to get a sewing machine, LOL!

I have been inspired by your quote too Candi, I just uploaded some pictures of our getaway last week if you all want to take a look. There is one in particular that I am sooooo proud of!

I joined your challenge Candi, I know just what pictures to use for it!

Off to run errands!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to Shelstan

Jakki - love your lO. It is so cute. I would put a title on it though.
Candi - I am going to try to get your challenge done. I will have to try and find someol pics though. My family live kind of far so maybe i could get some from dh's fam.
I think I have an idea brewing......
Hope everyone's weather is as nice as ours!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to brigid16

Jakki, Are you refering to the CK digital scrap mag that is on newsstands (runs $14.95) or is it a BOOK? I have the magazine and it rocks. Lot of simple to use techniques for PSE 5.0 - The dummy book is not too complicated either, I am so curious about it I guess, I just haven't had the time to do much more than flip through - it is alot of step by step stuff. I'm, sadly, not good with graphics yet, even though I call myself computer literate and can walk through most things.

Pam, Jakki: I am so inspired by that quote, too! I found it in an old scrap mag that I ripped apart and pegged it into my cork board. I went looking for other "Dorothea Lange" quotes and she's cool (Like the Georgia O'Keefe of photography!) zi've got an idea for a LO using it - just need to sketch it out!

Pam, Brigid: I am glad that you are willing to try out the CHALLENGE. I know that it is a hard one for some people to grasp (I am surrounded by a bunch of people who don't really like to focus on the past, and it saddens me!) I want my kids to know where they come from, who made it possible for them, and to appreciate the past generations! (good and bad!) Ok, Ok. I go overboard! BUT I am very passionate about preserving this stuff!

Pam: Are you planning on stitching on your pages? I am so not brave enough - I think that is the one thing that has always been on the back burner for me. I LOVE THE LOOK - just shaky in the knees, I guess!

Hey Shel: If you have 48 hours to scrap (brat!) I challenge you to come home with at least 24 LOs! (Did I mention that I am SO jealous! ) I can't wait to hear how it goes - I'll be scheduling a date at the B&B myself!

Here's to another Tuesday ----> is the weekend here yet!?

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Scrap Candy

Yes, the machine is for stitching on layouts! I am going to use those white papers that come in sb albums to practice on!

My goodies I ordered from the weekend should start arriving today, I can't wait!!!!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

pam---oohh stiching on lo, im so excited for you. i have been wanting to try that for a while just no space for the machine.

anywho thought you all would enjoy this picture, im just not sure how to scrap it yet... my scrap stash (and most of the white paper is actually the back side of bg, i should have turned it over for the pic now that i think about it

Edited by outsidechic on 05-09-07 09:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sarahew88
Expert
Sarahew88
In response to outsidechic

Hello everyone. I have not checked in here for a few days. Shame on me. Well I finished a 2 page lo. I have another 2 page that is laid out but not finalized, plues another one that I am waiting for the ink to dry. Ok ok and the final one...is a one page and I am stuck on. Wow I just babbled on about nothing. Forget all I said, and for right now please take a peek at my gallery. I just posted my first ever COMPLETED 2 page lo.
When I get a chance I will take a picture of the one I am stuck on and ask for advice on how to finish it.
have a wonderful day everyone.
Sarah

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Sarahew88

Sarah, that is a great 2 pager, I would never know it was your first one!

Jakki, what if you scrapped that picture with cardstock and then scraps cut into random, uneven shapes mounted on the cardstock with the pic on top, kind of like a mosaic? make sense? I love her pigtails pics too!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

pam- love the new avatar of you two at the zoo. I need to get over there sometime this summer. and thanks for the ideals on how to scrap that pic. i like the ideal of doing a mosiaic with scraps sounds fun.

sarah- great lo, and i left you some love in the comments.

i had to make mother's day cards last night, and i dont like making cards, it's nothing close to making lo and it drives me crazy. i even put a picture on the cards and they look like tags, i guess there cute. but so not my thing. **sorry had to rant, my dh doesnt understand, he just says its all my paper craft stuff and i should like all of it.**

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

• PamFSU29 Said:
Sarah, that is a great 2 pager, I would never know it was your first one!

Jakki, what if you scrapped that picture with cardstock and then scraps cut into random, uneven shapes mounted on the cardstock with the pic on top, kind of like a mosaic? make sense? I love her pigtails pics too!

Pam I like your idea of the mosaic for Jakki's pic! I would even tilt a few to make it look like the pp that is falling all over the floor!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

CANDI...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

Thanks Shel! Love all the love you have left me! It is like following the crumbs that lead to a super sweet cake!

Sarah I promise to catch up tomorrow and see your new stuff!

Sarahew88
Expert
Sarahew88

Thanks for the sweet comments. I might leave tomorrow. Wheee!! A four day pass!! My backpack is packed with pictures and supplies to scrap. Our Iraqi engineers Hend and Lelav are waiting for me to srap pages of their children. If you dont hear from me for a week, it is because I am in the North laying on the roof to get a tan and scrapping in a King size bed while enjoying room service.
Happy birthday Candi!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to TrishaLouise

Caught up too here!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Have fun Sarah!!!

Happy birthday Candi!

I have some altered items I made for Mother's Day gifts in my gallery if you want to check them out.

I stayed up sooooooo late last night because my goodies arrived in the mail and I wanted to use them, so I will post those pages later!!

Happy Friday!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to PamFSU29

Hey. Sorry I have not been around. I have been swamped at work getting ready for an audit and outside enjoying the great weather with my dd's. Left love for most people. Have to get to your's Sarah!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDI!!!!
Pam I am so jealous of you getting your goodies in the mail. I think mine should arrive on Monday. That is good for me though. Then I can't be tempted with them when I am supposed to be working. Like I should be now. I will check out your altered stuff soon too. I love altered stuff!
Hope everyone has a great day. Off to chart some more!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to brigid16

happy birthday too, candy...you have the same b-day as my mom.

pam--cool alterd stuff, have fun with those goodies...im waitng on my oders still too.

smiles

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Thanks Jakki! I stayed up waaaaaay past my bedtime last night making these pages, one I did during naptime, here they are:

Goofy Girl
Welcome Home Sweet Girl
Cutie Pie
Bath Bunny
Thanks girlies!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

i got my stuff today, drove to the ups place to pick it up at 8 tonight. my dh told me im a crazy scrapbook lady, lol. i'm too scared to touch it and use the stuff, its sooo pretty :). although im not happy about the amm bag i thought it would be bigger and i might return it...so now i have to print some pictures it sucks when there all stuck on the computer and i cant cut them up. good night ladies, although when you read this i should be saying top of the mornin' to ya!

Sarahew88
Expert
Sarahew88

Boo and Boo Hoo. My flight was cancelled due to weather. Well it was not completely cancelled, they lobbed off my destination and I was not about to be stranded at a remote location with no assets or resources. So I waved good bye to the Blackhawk and came back to the compound. It is after midnight and I am wired, so here is my latest masterpiece.
Thank you Ibrahim
Time for bed, goodnight.

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Sarahew88

Great page Sarah! Hope you girls are having a great weekend!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

I can't believe Saturday is nearly gone already! I am wore out from soooo many events, and I am sooooo behind on paperwork - that I am crying (and trying!) to finish so I can sit down and SCRAP! The ideas are just sitting in my head! AUGH!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i just convinced dh to buy me more stuff from here. it pretty exciting, and i have pictures printing just have to go pick them up. maybe now i can get my head back on straight..i am going though withdraw...so maybe i can get some stuff posted tommarow. have a great weekend ya all.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

OOOOO! I forgot to tell you guys....I got my hands on all kinds of CI pp last night! I headed to the north side of town (quite a little trip in Friday night traffic!) and went to my FAVORITE lss - there is nothing that they don't have (well, they sold out of the new primas, but there are more on the way!) The new scalloped pp ROCKS -
I'll try to get my act together and get something done!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Yay Candi! I found 2 pieces at a store I have never been too!
Here are 2 more layouts from me:
So Pretty
Angel
Thanks girls and Happy Mother's Day!!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

GREAT; NO make that OUTSTANDING new LOs Pam! I love what you did!

Enjoy this Mother's day, girls!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Thanks Candi!!!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

I GOT something done! I really like this two pager: SHINE

but there is something not quite right with this one...HELP?!
Hawaiian dreams

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Left you comments Candi, awesome pages!!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

left comments too, and i am trying to upload some lo's. but dd decided to cry all last night, and the night before, unless she was being held. so i didn't get too much done. it (was) the wierdest thing she was fine being held, but as soon as we would put her in her bed she would start crying, even if she was asleep before we laid her down.

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

Hey I'm back in town!
Happy belated Mother's Day everyone!

I had a wonderful scrapping weekend of my own. I went to Scrap Inn in Rockford, IL and would HIGHLY recommend it to any of you that want to enjoy an All-Inclusive, Bed & breakfast experience while scrapping the weekend away!! The girls who run the place (Kat & Kim) are the nicest people ever! They are currently running a special --if you book any weekend in 2007 during the month of May, you can take $25 off the entire price! YOu must go!!! They are starting a cute little scrap store in one room of the house and they carry cute, unique, inexpensive items. Their prices are soooo much cheaper than any lss!!

My sisters and I took my mom there for mother's day and we had an awesome time! I finished 21 pages ( a couple of them were two page spreads) and one chipboard book for Father's Day! I also purchased another chipboard book and a chipboard accordian book in a box that I have yet to finish!

Great new layouts everyone!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

Thanks Pam, Jakki, Shel...for the great comments. I guess I'm losing it. I didn't really like the way that Hawaiian LO turned out - I guess I had invisioned it differently. BTW, Jakki, Those are TWO pics side by side - it does look like it is one pic though, huh? I am going to take you guys up on those changes...

Shel - can't wait to see your new LOs.
I am off to finish an accordian book I have been working on for A WHILE. I'll upload later!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Okay...so much for the accordian book...I did this instead:

Follow your heart

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Sarahew88

Hi Girls!

I have been down loading stuff like crazy!

This is the project I did with Tim Holtz :
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

He was such a nice guy...If you ever have the chance to take a class with him "Jump on it".

Here are a few other things;
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/112447/view /831665/-...
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/112447/view /831667/-...
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/112447/view /831661/-...

If you peek in my gallery there is a picture of Tim and I

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Trisha, your link didn't work for me, but I snooped through your gallery-awesome work! Love the collage hand!!

Shel-21 pages-woo hoo!! Glad you had fun, I wish I could get my Mom and sister into scrapbooking!

Jakki-is your DD maybe teething? When Aislynn was first getting her teeth in when she was a lot younger, they didn't bother her, but like 2-3 months ago there were some nights that were not too fun, and that was when she got some more teeth in. The only teething solution that worked for her was letting her chew on her toothbrush, and she slept in our bed for a couple nights.

Candi, I finished your challenge, here it is: Always been a beach boy
I would love feedback on this, I'm just not feeling it, I hink I messed it up with the doodling?

Here is another page I did: Poke and Prod

So are any of you girls going to enter any pages in the Lucky 7 contest? I think I want to, even though I know I probably won't win, but just for fun!! Contests and Challenges really push me, I think!

Sorry for all the babbling, hope you all have a great night!

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 05-14-07 08:43 PM
In response to PamFSU29

Trisha,
Your link didn't work for me either:(
Your Gallery is very nice.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Bev1

trisha- links didn't work for me either, but awsome gallery.

pam- thanks for the advise i might try it. dh came home sick this afternoon, so she's probably sick too, he gets everything she has.

okay so I have been uploading...
my man
cough cough cough cough 2
stopin'
pb & j
i also have some new pics up too, dd figured out how to open the fridge, as if the pantry wasn't enough now theres no telling what i will find her eating.
so yeah i was thinking about doing the lucky 7 contest, and i also convinced DH to get me some stuff to do the Rusty Pickle amazing race contest too. so waiting on that shipment this week.

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Great pages Jakki! I cannot seem to doodle little swirlies and flourishes, but I like when I doodle straight lines! That Beach page may change, cause I keep thinking about those doodles and how I don't like them.

I am off to run errands today, one to take stuff to Salvation Army, and I of course am going to the one close to a LSS, I need adhesive. DH said ONLY BUY ADHESIVE, but I really NEED this crochet butterfly ribbon I saw there. That is going to be my treat for doing ALL the moving/packing stuff, LOL. We finally have a moving date-June 19th-cannot wait to live by the beach again!!!

Have a great day ladies!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

hey pam - lucky you she hasn't learned the fridge thing. " all gone" comment doesnt work now kailee just walk over the the fridge and with a face that says "no mom there are more in here" opens the door and grabs them, ugh. so hey what beach are you moving too?

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

It's going to take me awhile to upload all of my layouts.

Here are the first three that I finished at Scrap Inn.

Disney Go Round

Thomas Time

Ears lookin' @ You

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Shelstan

Cute pages Shel! Do you mind if I use your idea for using that BG paper to scrap the Elephant pics we took at the zoo? I love it!

Jakki, we are moving to Panama City Beach, FL.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

WOW Everybody! Mid-May found our groove! Love all the new LOs - there are some fantastic ideas out there - TFS!

Pam: It won't be long before you are shutting down and packing up the scraps (save them for last! right?) Just around the corner...

Bev: I must have missed you. Would you like to join the group?

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

okay so i love green, its not my fault i have just been buying pp that i like, not paying attention to the color. but thanks Shell Im going to start paying attention again, and I did do a page in all purple.

Candy I like the ideal to add the brown to the pb & J lo. chalk pencils/markers??? hmmmm

Pam--thats cool i was curious and sounds like a hudge move.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Jakki -

In regards to the chalk markers; Shel introduced me to them a few weeks back - they write on dark color pp and cs. They Rock! I bought my own and use them all over the place!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Yes, my scrap stuff will be the LAST things I pack, LOL! Here are a few pages:

This one, I am not sure if I should've printed the journaling with black as the font color, wdyt?
Learn

This one, I just don't know about. I like How I did the title and the pictures, but that's about it: Prance Around

This one I like: My Mom is a Rock Star

Thanks!
This week is flying by, I cannot believe tomorrow will be Thursday!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

to doodle or not to doodle that is all i ask here. you can see the pencil lines in the scan. and the description says it all.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

HAPPY THURSDAY! I actually, was able to put a LO together last night. I just had to wait til it dried to scan it...I'll post later.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

candy- have any examples of the markers to show me, or Shel..i'm curious, and are they chalky when they dry? i threw away all my chalk pastels because of that, and there messy to use, do you have to use fixative on them as well???

wanted to say GOOD MORNING to you all. it's yuky grey may outside right now, suppost to burn off inland this afternoon, bummer of living costal. and outside being blah i need some kind of excitiment to wake me up.

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Candi, can't wait to see your page:)

Thanks for the comments girls, on the rock star page, the word strips describe things about my Mom that make her similar to a rockstar: has good taste, has lots of fans, stays up late, knows how to throw a party, sings wonderfully!

Love that Lolloipop collection, Jakki! How old is your DD, I am thinking Aislynn and her must be pretty close in age. Aislynn just turned 20 months on the 11th.

Will check in later, hope you all have a great day!

Edited by PamFSU29 on 05-17-07 08:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

pam- they are pretty close, kailee was 17 months on the 5th. her b-day is Jan 5, i think i counted right.

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

• outsidechic Said:
candy- have any examples of the markers to show me, or Shel..i'm curious, and are they chalky when they dry? i threw away all my chalk pastels because of that, and there messy to use, do you have to use fixative on them as well???

The markers are Ek Success WRiter Chalk collection. If you do a search for them on the sb.com Superstore you can see some layouts that use them.

This is a layout where I used the gray chalk marker to doodle on red cardstock:
Magic Carpets

The doodling and writing on this one was the white chalk marker on black paper:
me

The second one looks more like actual chalk. It writes just like a regular marker except it goes on invisible and takes a few minutes to appear. They are very cool and worth the money!!!

Hope this helps!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Shelstan

And they are not chalky at all! They do not smear or smudge (unless you want them to). No fixative is necessary. They do take a few minutes to dry, but it's just like any marker.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

If I can get to my scanner and upload my latest LO I used the blue CHALK marker all over it (maybe a little too much) but they are so easy to use!

I'll run and try now....

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Okay, this is it: Spirit of Aloha Lots of AL stamping that I traced over with the chalk markers!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

Hey ladies! Just sending a note! I have been lurking but haven't had a chance to talk much. Super busy with work lately. I tried to make sure to leave love on the LO's. You guys are doing awesome work.
Jakki and Pam my youngest is about the same age. She turned one on Jan 18th. Isn't this a fun age?! She is totally different then my oldest when she was her age. She is just a riot!
Shel- I am totally loving those markers. I need to get some for myself. Super cool.
I am working on a LO but not totally finished. Almost done though. I get to go to a crop next weekend. Very excited.
I just got my prize from NSBD. It is super fun! I got CI Foam letter stencil stamps, Queen & Co. Bling Rings, and a 252 Piece Pink Favorites Deluxe paper and Embellishment Kit from SassafrasLas and some clear stamps. I was so excited! It is way more then I thought we would win. I am not sure if everyone got the same thing or not. I can't wait to use it.
Well I hope all is well with everyone and I will post my LO soon I hope. Have a happy Thus. Need to go watch ER!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to brigid16

Brigid-good to see you! Yes, this is a totally fun age-everyday Aislynn says something soooooo cute, today she heard me telling DH to come on, so she started saying "Shaun, come on." We were cracking up, and she loves to get laughs, so she kept doing it-she is so funny! Lucky girl on your NSBD prize-that is awesome!!!

Here is another page from me, I used my photo anchors-thanks Jakki!!! Cute in Your Towel
There is also another page in there for the Lucky 7, but I don't know if I can link it here, so you can just check it out if you want. I made it having the color category in mind-it's called The Big 1!

Thanks girls, talk to you tomorrow!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to PamFSU29

Oh, Jakki, I forgot to tell you how I did the pics in my Prance Around page-I just went into microsoft word and inserted photos from file, then I resized them so they were about 2 inches across, then I matted them on the solid green paper from the BG Baby girl collection, is that what you meant?

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

pam-- yeah that works i think im going to have to get the babygirl bg paper now. and the photo anchors are fun.

shell & candy--okay those markers look cool, think i'm going to have to get some now. I have been researching for some kind og color marker/pens for doodling black is getting old.

hi brigid!

im not so sure about little girls at this age, kailee is opening the fridge now when ever she thinks she's hungery, she likes to throw stuff in the trash can now. just started to tell me NO, and says "lets go" everytime she wants to go outside. AAhh she is driving me crazy oh and i didn't mention that she is no longer interested in her toys but wants to do what ever we're doing, and if that doesnt intrest her there's always the dvd collection to get down and spread all over the house along side the cd's. okay i love her, but man she's driving me batty. i guess it's the age, oh and she's also started to say "danks" (thanks) after you give her something or take something away from her. i'll admit that's cute, but it doesn't make up for all the other crazy stuff she's doing, but hey i got pictures of it all.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

Jakki, I know what you mean about getting into everything. Today I was trying to clean the play room and my dd was going around behind me taking everything back out that I just put away. And not because she wanted to play with it but just becuase she thought it was funny. She has also decided that it is funny to push her younger sister down. She is kind of like Elaine from Sienfeld when she would get all excited and say "get out!" and push people over. My dd's are about the same weight so I am sure my youngest could take her.
Here is the LO that I think I finished. I scraplifted the design from somewhere but can't remember where I saw it. Let me know what you think.
my room
I left some love on your LO's Pam!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to brigid16

Here's a new one for me. It's my favorite from my scrap weekend...
Top 5 Disney Vacation Memories

And here is a close up of the journaling...

Journaling close-up

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Shelstan

Good Afternoon!

Brigid-that is such a cute page! I LOVE that BG Romani paper, I had used almost my whole pack, but I decided to order it again b/c I loved it so much, the free ribbon helped me decide that too:)

Shel-Awesome page!! Is that going to be the last page in the book? Great way to do the journaling!

Happy Friday!!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

Great new stuff! That "my room" LO is so awesome! (The room is gorgeous in itself!) I love the layers in the "towel" LO as well! I'm going to be scraplifting soon!

In regards to a few of your questions on my "Aloha" LO (i'm sorry the flowers were warped - when I flipped the lo to scan they fell crazy-style!) the bottom pic does not really cover up the flower, The scan pushed that forward, too. The pic of dd is not cut - it is laying under the black circle mat and if it kinda looks like she has a funny hat on it is because she has a lei on her head.

As for the blue swirls those are the ones I was talking about - I used CTMH stamping ink on the AL acrylics, then traced over them with the blue chalk markers to get the bright effect! Hope I answered everyone's ???

Girls, My little ones aren't so little anymore dd= 6 and ds= 8

I remember those days - just think of all the more fun there is yet to come!!!!!

Edited by Scrap Candy on 05-18-07 05:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

Here are a few new ones:

Mermaid
(sorry about the crooked pic on that one)

Under the Sea

Pizza Planet

Edited by Shelstan on 05-19-07 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

Whew. I'm tired. Just spent the day (eight hours of it at least) watching my ds participate in his first TAEKWONDO competition! Gotta sort some pics...

I finally snapped pics of my tagboard accordian book that I have been working off and on again over the course of the month...it is a present for my aunt - who lost her son (my cousin) suddenly this past December. There are a few different views but this will guide you to where you need to see it...

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

One more: Once...

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Great pages Shel, you are working so hard on your Disney book!

Candi, I love that accordian book, your Aunt is going to love that, does she know you are making it?

Here a few pages from me:
New Grandpa
Adore
Nothing Like Grandma Love

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to PamFSU29

Hey ladies! How do you all find the time to get so much done? You guys have been busy!
I left some love on all the LO's and projects. You are are doing wonderful.
Candi your aunt is going to love your gift. It is really thoughtful!
I have a question. I have seen the letters TFS all over and I have never known what it means and I can't figure it out. Someone help out the slow girl! Thanks
Have a great day. Off to go to some graduation parties!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to brigid16

TFS = Thanks for Sharing
TFL = Thanks for Looking

Two more of my faves that I created at Scrap Inn...

Snake Charmers

Ridin in Style

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Shelstan

Hope you guys aren't sick of my vacation pages. I still have a few left to post. (I'm trying to make them as NON-Disney as possible!)...

Back Lot Tour

Little Einsteins

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Shelstan

Hey you guys. I'm sure you have all seen these before in emails, posters or whatever, but received this in a PM today and thought it was sooo poignant. Let this be our scrap group's motto:

This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror where one could read it every day. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look.

11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to brigid16

• brigid16 Said:
Hey ladies! How do you all find the time to get so much done? You guys have been busy!
I left some love on all the LO's and projects. You are are doing wonderful.
Candi your aunt is going to love your gift. It is really thoughtful!
I have a question. I have seen the letters TFS all over and I have never known what it means and I can't figure it out. Someone help out the slow girl! Thanks
Have a great day. Off to go to some graduation parties!

Simple answer: Neglecting house work!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i totaly agree candy, the only clean space in my house right now it the dinning room table, which is offically and perminatly my scrap space untill we go and buy enough chairs so our little family can eat there again. I can't stand to work in a messy space, organization freak is what i am.

so great los ladies all of them, i don't really have much time on here, dd is teething now you can tell by the perma-drool on her shirt and chin. and well all i am doing is holding her and reading books.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

Shell that rocks! Thank you for that. It is always good to be riminded of that so that we can remember to be thankful and and to treat people with kindness.
I left you some love on your LO's.
Candi- so... I gues I don't have an excuss for my house being messy! I don't have a bunch of pages done and it is still messy here! LOL!
Have a great night ladies!
Have a happy monday!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to brigid16

new lo, just want to know what you think? words

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

dang it, i just realized that i did another lo in green. shel you have me self consious of using green, and well it must be a phase that i'm going through because i dont have a favorite color. and all those disney lo's are makeing me want to go up to disneyland. but i think dd is too little to fully get it, and well she would just be a hinderance otherwise with going on all the rides.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to brigid16

• brigid16 Said:
Candi- so... I gues I don't have an excuss for my house being messy! I don't have a bunch of pages done and it is still messy here! LOL!
  • Quote:

You know - I was raised by an immaculate Mother(who still can't sit down when she comes to my house) and I care ALOT about keeping everything in order, AND CLEAN...but my life cannot be just that! I must do the same chore over and over with these to little monsters (NOT COUNTING THE BIGGER ONE AROUND HERE!)that go behind my back, and leave piles of dirty clothes, dirty dishes, and toys EVERYWHERE. Don't get me wrong - they have responsibilities at 6 and 8 (AND 32!)years old to take care of themselves BUT remember - I was raised by "MOM", and they can't get it right unless they kick it into the right spot.

I have given up (to an extent), and realize that it is important to me to take at least 30 minutes each day doing something that I love, and little by little, I complete a LO here and there.

Brigid: I don't think it ever ends; and the mess will still be there after I calm down and take a break at my scrap table no less!!! This is a struggle for me, and I am right here if anyone else needs support!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to brigid16

Edited by Scrap Candy on 05-21-07 02:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

You girls have been busy chatting! Aislynn was SUCH a monster yesterday. It was one of theose days when I could not wait for bedtime! But now she is sitting next to me being so sweet, "reading" me one of her books:)

Shel, thanks for that little inspirational note! I love seeing your vacation pages, I so want to take DD to Disney World, b/c I LOVE Magic Kingdom, but not sure what she could do there. We may take her to Animal Kingdom.

Brigid-I scrap during naptime and then when Aislynn goes to bed, DH and I hang out for an hour or 2, then I scrap. I figure in the beginning of June I will start acting responsible and clean and pack (although we have done really well with the packing so far)!

Jakki-love your new page, I have been wanting to do a page like that about Aislynn, so maybe I will now, thanks for the inspiration!

Candi-hope school is going well for you, are you counting the days? Step-MIL e-mails me every couple days with a countdown, but this year has been really hard for her.

Hope you girls have a great week!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to PamFSU29

Oh, Brigid-I stamped those swirls in my New Grandpa page, I just used acrylic paint instead of an ink pad!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

my dad was alot the same way growing up with haveing a clean house. my mom says it was how he destressed after work. and well i couldnt leave the house without a spotless room (so much that my friends when they came over were scared to sit down). i got real good at making everythink look clean with out really cleaning, my closet was my greatest friend till the doors came off/fell off. and well now i have birds and they love to throw seeds and nut husks on a recently cleaned floor. so my philosophy has widened. but that dosen't mean that i dont go into psycho cleaning lady if anyone is coming over.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Pam: I am TOTALLY in count down mode! Our Chicago schools run on longer and start back later so we don't jump ship until June 15! So that makes 16 days with students (2 days for end of the year paperwork), and 1 hour of goodbyes on the last day!

Jakki: I learned those tricks! (unfortunately I think my little ones are catching on to this too!)
I still pull this off from time to time if mom is on her way over and I can't get it all done!!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Here's a new one for me: View Do you thing the color strips are to over powering to the pic?

I got ahead start yesterday on a few LO's but didn't have the chance to wrap them up until now (every little second I can catch)

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

I finally got the intro page to my Disney album done. Agenda

Helen Croft
Diva
Helen Croft

Hi girls! Wanted to show my face and say that I'm back! I have a lot of catching up to do...everywhere..right now I'm still working on unpacking..I don't know why it always takes me so long..anyways...I'll see you soon!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Helen Croft

okay so i had some fun here, and took all your advise with how to scrap this picture... scrap stash just wondering if i should add another 2x3 pic of dd in the pile to the bottom right corner, i cant make up my mind and it will fill the space entirly its also matted with yet another bg pp. and i'm also thinking that i want to add about 5 screw snaps to the dark brown pp next to the photo. what do you think??

candy- is that a good thing your kids are picking up on the make it look clean tricks??

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

oh and i hate my handwritting on this lo, i did it about 4 different times and just couldnt get it right, so it's blahhhh

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Jakki - no, of course not, but at the same time, they are inheriting their own will about the way they like things (clean) they just don't always want to be the ones to make it that way! BTW I love that last LO! I agree, very edgy, you have such a great new view of things! Your style rocks!

Welcome home Helen! I hope you had a great trip! Did you make any decisions about returning to the U.S.?

Edited by Scrap Candy on 05-22-07 02:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

Welcome back Helen! good to see you again! Hope all is well with you.
Left some love on the new LO's. Candi I really love your agenda page. I like the simplicity of your striped LO too.
Can only stop in. Have our audit today and didn't sleep much last night. Super high anxiety!!!!!!!
Have a great Tues all!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to brigid16

Good Luck on your audit Brigid!

Welcome back Helen!

Love the new layouts Jakki and Candi!

I have been working on a book for MIL's friend and I was thinking about submitting some pages to Blue Media Publications using their blue prints(sketches), and I did 2 layouts, but I am not happy with them at all. I think I am not a sketch kind of girl, I like to just pull everything out that goes with the pictures and go from there. So I will probably not submit them, so that means I can share!! I will try to upload later!

Have a great day!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to PamFSU29

candy- thanks for the comments i never thought of it like that, i've always been more into the impressionsim and post impressionism with seeing the light. but i can do abstract, i like alot of the early stuff not so sure about modern, and those are incredible paintings. (my dh hates that i can ramble on about art like this, all those art history classes)

brigid- good luck

pam- i would have never thought you were like that, all your lo are so layed out and planed, or so they appear.

welcome back helen.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

The audit is done and it went well!!!
i need a drink!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to brigid16

lol brigid

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

Hi girls! Great new layouts!

Jakki - I love your use of green. I was only teasing when I said that you must love green. There's nothing wrong with it. If you look in my gallery...I do a ton of blue and brown layouts, just because I love those colors!! Be proud of it!

Welcome back to scrap-world, Helen!! Enjoy your time with your family!!

Two more for your perusal...

Sweet STeff

Cruisin

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to brigid16

• brigid16 Said:
The audit is done and it went well!!!
i need a drink!

May I suggest a pitcher of Sangria? I could easily go for that! Glad everything worked out, Brigid! I hope you get a better night's sleep!

Pam - I am with you! I usually pile everything compatible in front of me and go from there....although I have lifted quite a few from here lately! I guess I could go both ways when it comes to putting it all together...

Jakki - Glad to help! I think we should all become attached to an artist style...so if you aare Pollack, I call Matisse - I've been cutting all kinds of cs and pp lately! What do you girls say? Do you relate?

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Here's one I just wrapped up...my scanner refused to stitch it! (I've had this problem in the past when I have too many vertical/horizontal line) So the pic isn't that great - the border cs is beige, but the pic fades it. Just be You

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

candy-- you steal one of my favorite artists, i can't wait to see what you do with it. i'm wondering if i can apply the same look with a differnt companys pp, maybe American Crafts i just dont have the stock pile of it that i do with bg papers.

this artist thing as me inspired, i just can see the work/colors that i want but cant rememeber the guys name its on the tip of my tounge and it starts with a c, aahhh. i'll get back to you on this one.

shel- loved loved loved the car lo. and how you did tinkerbells fairy dust trail. i still have your journaling from the top 10 disney trip stuck in my head, gunna have to try that.

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Hola! Loved your pages Shel and Candi!

I don't know about the artist thing, I don't think I have a defined scrapbooking style, I like to experiment with different looks, wdyt?

Here are my pages from those sketches:
Grown Up Grown Up 2
The Elephants The Elephants
Coronado Beach Coronado Beach 2

Thanks for looking!! Now I am off to I have been taking Aislynn swimming everyday, and the bathroom smells like chlorine so bad from the towels and bathing suits-yuck:(

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

WOW! Those are GORGEOUS Pam - Lovin 'em!

I am so glad the week is half way over...can't wait for this extended weekend that lies ahead!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

pam- great lo's.

and the artists name is cezan (i think that's how its spelled. i am in love with the colors he uses, so vibrant and alive. and i wouldnt use it to define my style, just use it as a way to influence my work. just take the colors used in the painting and apply it to an lo, or some shapes, somehing.

and its the middle of the week, blah but i am thinking of making it a 4 day weekend and taking friday off just cause there really wont be anything to do here at work and then i can scrapbook and clean house. although once again my picture stash is getting exptremly low.

i need inspiration of what to do for a mini album, currently at 9 painfully blank pages but i can add as many as i want. i was thinking a top 10 list, but i don't know, and suggestions. maybe a color book?

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29

Good Morning! Thanks for the sweet comments!

Not sure about the mini album, I like the top ten idea, or maybe like DD's favorite food, toys, games, etc.?

Page 4 of 130 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics