Page 80 of 80 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to KellyCali

You do know that the points are only good on the carts/merchandise that they have choosen to put into the reward program, right?
There is never anything I want, so I am sitting on over 4000 pts. They need to add new carts or even let us use it for digital content, but so far, nope!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to ChansGram

No, that stinks.

I'll have to go take a look & hope that I can find something.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Going through my old online receipts, to see if I can find what I'm looking for.

As always, I'll be sure to check back!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to KellyCali

Good luck Kelli- hope you find something!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to gg loves Matthew

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to dotfree

Was at a Michaels here in Florida and I got the deal of the year. There was a brand new Cricut Expression 2 that just had a defective cord.....I GOT IT For $75 !!!!!!! I am so excited. Love it.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to PhotobearSam

That is great.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to dotfree

Awesome!

Congrats & Enjoy!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Posted a question in regard to a bracket shape.

Please see post below (in the discussion portion of this Forum).

Thanks Ladies!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Update to previous post...

Thank You Ladies!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

After a long hiatus, I've been playing with my Cricut for 3 days straight.

Just makes me remember why I fell in love with it in the first place!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to KellyCali

That is awesome Kelli!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to HisGEM

Hi Ladies!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Has anyone used their Cricut this month?

And if so, what did you make?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to KellyCali

Kelly, I did actually; this week as a matter of fact! I made the title for my latest layout (it is in the gallery)

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to HisGEM

Yes, I have made a lot of birthday cards this month. They are in my gallery and the tutorials are on my scrapping blog.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dotfree

I used it a few times earlier this month while working on my ABC album - I used Going Places to cut a sun and cloud for a beach-themed layout and a cat for "K is for Kitten", and From My Kitchen and Everyday Paper Dolls to cut a sheep and some grass for "L is for Lamb."

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to aquabunny

Used my gypsy to make a title for a Disney layout I was making. I used a font cart and linked the letters to cut out the word Epcot.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

During the weekend, used Teddy Bear Parade to cut a basketball, and combined elements from two different bear outfits on the cart to make a Harry Potter bear.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

Started today at work, to be completed tonight at home - two nurses from Everyday Paper Dolls (for a bulletin board at work).

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
During the weekend, used Teddy Bear Parade to cut a basketball, and combined elements from two different bear outfits on the cart to make a Harry Potter bear.

I would love to see that

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Sure, no problem.

Harry Potter birthday card and Hogwarts letter envelope By Aquabunny

Harry Potter birthday card By Aquabunny

Harry Potter birthday card and Hogwarts letter envelope By Aquabunny

Hogwarts letter envelope for Harry Potter birthday card By Aquabunny

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to aquabunny

That is adorable! Maybe I will get Teddy Bear Parade with my credit...it is on my list of possibles.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to HisGEM

Sooooo cute.......I just got that cart for m birthday but have not played wit it yet. Great job on it. You are truly an artist.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to aquabunny

I made a onesie card for a co-worker's baby shower using the New Arrival cartridge and my Gypsy. I don't get to create much with a one-year old!
[image] Baby Boy Onesie Card By Married05[/image]

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to married05

That's pretty

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

We have been extremely quiet around here. I remember the days when we had multiple new posts from regulars...I miss those days. I know and understand people have a lot of going on in life and some have moved on to different cutters, but I do miss it.
Nice card Karen!! I can't believe your little one is a year old already!
I actually used my Cricut the week before last week to cut letters for my daughter's science project!
Hope everyone is well! Kenya~

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

Hi Kenya!
It is soooo slow around here anymore
I think not only are people moving on to different cutters but I know for myself that I hardly ever buy cartridges anymore.
That being said, I think the whole site isn't very active anymore. It seems the general forums hardly have new topics. I don't think people have adjusted to the new format yet. Something as simple as leaving a public comment for a member seems to be an effort now.
At night when I was bored I would go to the featured section and I would pick 1 item out of each section ( LO, card, scraproom, photo, card- etc.) and comment, then refresh and do the same, over and over. Since the change I don't feel like doing that anymore because it seems to take more steps to get there. IDK, just kinda took me outta the mood!
Like Kenya said, hope everyone is well!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

Hi Trish! I didn't even think of the site change...that could be a contributor to the lack of posts too... I miss you all though Have a good weekend! Kenya~

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to HisGEM

Hi! jci

I'll admit. I've been so slow about scrapbooking this entire year so far. A lot of it has to do with trying to still unpack & organize.

I finally decided to put my Cricut in my diningroom & I'm right in the middle of setting up a large armoire to house (& hide) all of my main scrapbooking supplies.

I soo miss being established material-wise & cannot wait to fire the Cricut up & use up the majority of my scraps!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Current project of the moment...

I need to cut out some palm trees, waves, shells & such for a mini album project for a fellow military wife back in Guam.

Looking forward to it!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Any up & coming projects planned for June or for summer?

If so, what are you working on?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15884...

Hope to see you there!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to KellyCali

I'm around. Not scrapping or making cards these days. I've been making quilts.

I discovered the quilting dies for my sizzix. LOVE them! Lol

I use my Cricut these days for cutting letters for appliqué. No paper crafting really.

married05
Idol
married05

Thanks! It was fun to craft again. It's been a while!

• PhotobearSam Said:
That's pretty

married05
Idol
married05
In response to HisGEM

Thanks Kenya! I can't believe she's a year old either! I'm still here, crafting when I can, which has been rare recently. I teach full time, so that and my little one really keep me busy! My last day of school is tomorrow, so I have big crafting plans for the summer!

• HisGEM Said:
We have been extremely quiet around here. I remember the days when we had multiple new posts from regulars...I miss those days. I know and understand people have a lot of going on in life and some have moved on to different cutters, but I do miss it.
Nice card Karen!! I can't believe your little one is a year old already!
I actually used my Cricut the week before last week to cut letters for my daughter's science project!
Hope everyone is well! Kenya~

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to JayAndXansMom

Trying to get the "Pet Shop" Lite cart because I have need of a gecko, but all the auctions are going past what I want to pay, rawrrr.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Trying to get the "Pet Shop" Lite cart because I have need of a gecko, but all the auctions are going past what I want to pay, rawrrr.

Is there a lizard on any other cartridge that will work? Try looking on mycutsearch.com. I remember a lizard on Life's a Beach but I'm not positive it looks enough like a gecko.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to married05

There are some lizards/geckos I like on Life's a Beach and Ole, but I don't have those either (and Pet Shop is more likely to be used for other stuff as well, for me). Some others have them too, but those are the three I like best.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
There are some lizards/geckos I like on Life's a Beach and Ole, but I don't have those either (and Pet Shop is more likely to be used for other stuff as well, for me). Some others have them too, but those are the three I like best.

I can cut some out for you. Just let me know what size and colors. I don't have Ole or Pet Shop, but I do have Life's a Beach.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to married05

Woo, finally won Pet Shop! Thanks for offering though!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to aquabunny

Not a problem. Glad you found Pet Shop!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to married05

In the past couple weeks:
- used 50 States to cut some flowers and a pair of cardinals
- used Destinations to cut an image for a title page
- used Pet Shop to cut a frog, and will be cutting a lizard from it in the next few days

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

Used Pet Shop again last night to make a seriously adorable lizard!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

And last night I used Fast Food to make an ice cream dish!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

Recent Cricutty highlights:

From Destinations:

St. Louis 2013 - Title Page By Aquabunny

From 50 States:

St. Louis 2013 - detail from ballpark tour page By Aquabunny

From Pet Shop:

St. Louis 2013 - detail of gecko die-cut By Aquabunny

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to aquabunny

Way cool stuff.....love them all.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-02-13 09:14 AM

Hi I bought a cricut a few years ago and have gotten use out of most of the cartridges I got. I haven't had much time lately to scrapbook but hopefully in the next few months I can get some more things done. Now that I have a cricut sb.com is a great place for me to come back to for ideas and help with a few cartridges that I bought and not sure what to do with.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-02-13 09:32 AM
In response to Kel3

Here is one of my first attempts at using sweet tooth boxes. The one other one that I bought and haven't figured out much is ribbons and rosettes.
cake box By Kel3 Loves Animals

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Kel3

Great attempt to assembly of the boxes! That is really cute cartridge! Don't use it enough....

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-03-13 11:02 AM
In response to HisGEM

I haven't use dit much either. I just thought it would be fun to mess around with since it was on sale

New Kid On the Block
In response to JayAndXansMom

Thank you so much for all the wonderful tips - I've had my Cricut Expression for a few years and I'm just now using it and realizing how much I've been missing out

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Angies Spare Time

Got Sweet Shop last month for my birthday from my in-laws, which got me to enough Cricut Rewards points to cash in for something, so the Gingerbread solutions cart is on its way to me now. I think it'll be adorable for gift tags!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to aquabunny

I actually like the new Edge to Edge cartridge. I just wish it was not an exclusive. I have a credit and would like to use those instead.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

Hi Kenya!!
Haven't seen you around in forever! I was just wondering about you the other day, if you even came on here anymore.
Good to see you.
I haven't been buying carts, I think I am pretty content with what I have now, although I would love to use my 4000+ rewards points. I figure what ever else I need, I can get on my Silhouette subscription.
Hope you are well!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

Hi Trish, I have been extremely busy lately and haven't been on here or creating as much as I would like. But I am still here from time to time! How have you been?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to HisGEM

Any thoughts on the new Anna Griffin cartridge(s) I kinda like the Christmas one...those credits are burning a hole in my pocket. One of them expires in a few months so need to spend them on something!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to HisGEM

Its been a while since I posted on this forum but I have to say I have found a renewed love for my cricut with craft room. Loving this month's freebies of Teresa Collins chic halloween.

I am finding I use my cricut on just about every layout now, especially now that I figured out how to use it for matting. I am so cutting challenged.
It is so much easier for me to use different carts at once and find what is on my cartridges. .

Thanks for letting me share my happiness.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to jaxxan

Hi Kenya, I am doing good!
Is the Anna Griffin cart the one she had on HSN a few weeks ago? If so, I was very tempted to order but then realized I have many Christmas carts that I rarely use, so good sense got ahold of me!!

Jill, I too, love and use CCR all the time! It just seems to make it so much easier!!
Downside for me, is that I rarely use my E2- I have them both hooked up ( the E2 and the mini) but I use my mini all the time- I just think it cuts better, so unless I need the largest of cuts, my E2 just sits there.

I wish this thread was more active, like it used to be

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

I haven't been using ANY electronic machines lately I was going to use New Testament on a project a few weeks ago, but was too lazy to go through the drawer to look for the cartridge. Sad I know. Jill, glad to read you have rekindled the love

Trish, I did not watch the show, but I bet it was the same one. I have the majority of the Christmas cartridges too. We will see what else comes out before making a decision.

I am trying to decide if we are going to have the annual Christmas card challenge. Any thoughts?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to HisGEM

Hey guys, I'm still around. Not crafting much since school started back up.

Just wanted to pop over and say hi.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Seaexplore

Hi Tiffany ! Glad you checked in. How's the baby ? I am sure by now she is a toddler, but they're always babies to us! (Moms)

Kenya, I will play along on the Cricut Christmas card challenge. CCCC, that's a lot of C's !!
I don't remember where you posted it the last couple years, but maybe if you post it in the reg challenge section, we will get more participants ?? This thread is a bit "dusty" lately as there isn't many visitors!!
Have you not tried the PC CCR program yet? I have all my carts linked through there and it is fantastic, no diggin for carts or switching them out when cutting designs- I love it !

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to ChansGram

"Baby" is TWO! I can't even believe it! She's so much fun and hilarious. Never a dull moment around here for us!

I've been sewing more than anything these days. I like to use SCAL and my Cricut to make names for appliqué on my zipper pouches I've been making for friends. That's about it for me.

School started back up and I have no time other than weekends to craft.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My Cricut was neglected for several years - just didn't enjoy it - in fact didn't like it much, used my Slice more.

Then I got CCR a month or two ago and now I use my Cricut almost every day. I love CCR! Its the first time I've really enjoyed using my Cricut. Now my Slice is neglected!

Have a lot of points I think - didn't know they expired! I have 5 or 6 that I haven't entered in the system yet. Guess I'd better check that out.

Thanks for the reminder about the points!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Henri Jean

I use CCR every once in a while, but my cartridges are not linked to it. After using 3rd party software for so long, CCR seems restricting to me. But again, I do use it...more than my Gypsy!!

I usually post the CCCC in this forum. Perhaps I will venture out this year. I can't believe we are already in October!

Hi Tiffany!! Those years for little pumpkin are flying by!! It seems like yesterday you announcing your pregnancy!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

Oh wait.... Kenya said something about using "credits" - I assumed that meant credits to Cricut.com-
And not the reward "points" .
I have a bit over 4000 pts to use, so I need to know if those expire??
So Kenya, which were you referring to?

If it is the rewards pts, I really don't know if it matters, there's nothing on there to spend my points on anyway!!
Although, I haven't checked lately, I should go do that now!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

Yes, I was referring to credits on the dot com.

I also have rewards points that needs to be redeemed, but there isn't anything on there worth getting. I don't believe they expire. I guess the only way they could is if they discontinue the program.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

Thanks Kenya, for the reply!
I wish they would add stuff to the reward program and let us unload the points we've earned.
Wishful thinking, I am sure.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to HisGEM

I am forcing myself to use it more. Last weekend I used my Pagoda cart for a nice layout.

Loved the way it turned out. I did 4 different items and I did them in Grey and Silver so they were more graphic than normal. Love love love the way it turned out. I am promising to use it more. I have to stay away from too many new carts. I have too many I have not used.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Sam, I know what you mean!
So many carts that I've never even used, that I just had to have! Just bought 3 new (but they're older ones) ones the other night.
Fun in the sun, Robotz and Fancy Frames.

I do use my Cricut all the time, pretty much every LO, but I'm not as good about using all the carts I've acquired !
That's where I need improvement !!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

Sam, your layout sounds amazing!

I have several I haven't used either; sad but true! Another sad truth is, I haven't turned on ANY electric die cutting machine in months!! I do have my eye on the new Scan n Cut

Hi Trish~

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HisGEM

I seem to use more carts since I jumped into Cricut Craft Room. Its so easy to go from one cart to another that I really am tapping into my cartridge collection more. I have a small collection next to most (maybe 16 or 17 carts) and so many have never been used but with CCR I'm starting to use more and more of them.

When I need fonts I take 5 minutes and check out all the carts for different fonts and have recently used some that previously sat on the shelf in the boxes for years.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

I have used the CCR several times in the past, but after getting laptop with W8, the E2 doesn't cut from it consistently and I haven't tried the mini. I don't want to link all of the carts so I guess that is why I haven't used CCR for a while. This was another reason why I didn't use the Gypsy all the time. BTW, I got the black screen of death on that...sigh!

It might be a good idea to make some cuts from the other machines just to make sure the work properly.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

Hi Kenya!
Why have you not been using your machines?

Sorry about your Gypsy- the dreaded black screen.
I had trouble updating mine the last time, never was able to, so I just left it. I don't use it anymore since having my Mini connected to the computer and CCR. I am all linked and love it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

I have a Gypsy but I only used it about twice - hated it! Now that Gypsy is no longer being made and will be going away I don't know what I will do with it or if I can even find it.

I really wish I hadn't bought the gypsy. But I love CCR!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

The projects I have made (just a few), I just didn't have it in me to turn them on. I am slowly getting my crafty groove back. It left me for a LONG time! I will be using my Cricut more shortly

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to HisGEM

Henri, if you ever want to get rid of your gypsy keep me in mind. I want a back up in case mine ever dies. I would be lost without it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Will definitely keep you in mind. Have to see if I have everything that goes with it first. Won't be home for a while though. We are in Hawaii and will be popping in at home for a few days before the end of the year then off for 4 more months.

Tenant
In response to ChansGram

Hi. I'm not sure if anyone is still checking this thread, but I just got a Cricut today and I am super excited! I'm learning so much on this thread alone, but I have a bunch of questions still.
I got the one simply called "Personal Electronic Cutter", not Expression or anything. It was marked down to $99 at Michael's, and I thought it was a great deal. But when I went to cricut.com, it's not even listed there. Did I buy a dinosaur? It came with a George cartridge, but are the cartridges currently being sold still compatible? I didn't research this very well, just saw an unexpected bargain and grabbed it.
Can I use electronic images with it, or only cartridges?
I've read about .cut images on this thread - is that something that's compatible with my machine?
Where can I find out more - cricut.com is not very informative.

Thanks in advance for any info!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to romawhyte

It is a bit of a dinosaur, but it's the same one I've got and I still love it. It does work with most of the cartridges on the market - everything but the ones specifically for the Cricut Imagibe (which had a built in printer).

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to aquabunny

It was the original Cricut, but still can do the job!!
Congrats on getting your 1st machine and even tho there is not much activity on this thread, we can still see when new posts have been made- so ask away with any questions you may have and we'll be here to help.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to ChansGram

We're still here from time to time,

I have AND love that same machine. It's a workhorse! I cut paper, vinyl, cereal boxes, and even fabric (with varying degrees of success.)

I use mine with SCAL all the time. Unfortunately, that is no longer a purchase option. I have tons of cartridges and rarely use them. I also have a gypsy and rarely use that too!

New Kid On the Block

I am new to this site, and see that there isn't a great deal of activity, but I don't know where else to turn. I have the original Cricut Expression, and I hadn't used it for awhile, but given that it had a USB port, I knew that I should be able to connect it to the internet. I called Cricut CS, and they walked me through the firmware update. AFTER I did this, I found out about SCAL, and you can still purchase it, AND it will still work with the Expression, as long as the update is only up to v. 2.34. For obvious reasons, Cricut updated past that point, to v. 2.43. Does ANYONE know how I can revert back to NO upgrade at all, or to back down to a lower version, so that I can purchase SCAL and do what I want to do? TIA

Governor
In response to shmily7455

FYI - here is link for free CCR download. Copy and paste exactly into browser!

http://us.cricut.com/home/craftroom

BTW Cricut has free cut this week, but NOT in CCR My Cartridges - only in Design Studio for Explorer.

Does anyone remember the old DVD for Design Studio and is it the "same" as the on-line Design Studio? Can you "upgrade" to the on-line version? Saw one at Wal-Mart this week so just wondering?!?!

FYI ALERT - if you go to Cricut home page the second to last dot of ads - it looks like they're going to start charging $9.99 for CCR like they're doing for Design Studio!!!

I guess nothing in life is free anymore because my weekly free cut is for members only - really?!?

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to boricuapr

Linda, I think you are confusing Design Studio with the new Design Space which I believe at this time is exclusive to the Explore machine.
CCR is used for all the other machines if you want to do an on line program- Design Studio was software that you bought and put on your computer, no internet needed.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:

FYI ALERT - if you go to Cricut home page the second to last dot of ads - it looks like they're going to start charging $9.99 for CCR like they're doing for Design Studio!!!

No, that isn't what it means. It means they're offering a subscription service to their design store. If you click through you find that that means unlimited access to unlicensed designs for the length of your subscription, rather than buying images and digital cartridges individually (though doing so is still an option if you do not have a subscription). It is not at all the same thing as charging for use of the software or for access to things you already own.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to aquabunny

I have an original cricut expression, I've never had a gypsy or software f for it and only have about 10 cats for it, therefore I haven't used it in years and don't know a lot about it. I'm told that you can no longer purchases Scal, so my question is, if I go online and get into the CCR and design studio, can I go to blogs and places where people offer free svg files and use them with crochet online or is it you can only use your carts and whatever files they offer? Thanks for the help in advance.

Edited by Scrap Chica on 01-03-15 09:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Scrap Chica

With the Expression and CCR you can only use images from cartridges.
With their new machine the Explore and Design Space you can use SVGs and fonts from your computer.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to ChansGram

so ur telling me it would be pointless to use the craft room and design studio on cricut.com because I can only use my 10 cartridges r regardless, what's the point. So nothing I can do except to buy more cats and just use them? I also have never connected my expression to the internet or upgraded it.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

The point would be having the ability to do different things with your images, to manipulate them and to have a larger area to design on. Both of the online programs are good.

I don't believe there is anyway around not buying/using cartridges with the older cricuts.

If you want to use free images like SVGs, then you need to either buy the new CrIcut Explore or a different machine like the Silhouette Cameo.

On the CrIcut Craft Room ( which is the one you'd have to use seeing as you have the Expression) I believe you can buy images as needed instead of buying the whole cartridge.

Eleanorsmama
New Kid On the Block
Eleanorsmama

You can buy individual images off CCR - and you can do some manipulation with some of those images in CCR. I have "designed" some images for myself by combining different images to get the shape I wanted.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to Eleanorsmama

Ok, I think I get what your saying, do they offer any help for people who are not familiar with manipulating?
I guess I need to try and go back on and rebook at it all, thanks for the advice.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~

Hi Everyone! My name is Kathie and I used to live on Scrapbook.com until life got in the way. I lost my job, sold about $3000 of scrapbooking supplies (still have some left)! and moved to another state. This was all several years ago. I just retired and I am getting back into scrapbooking. Please, please tell me what the best die cutter is now and why you like it. And, anything else you can't live without would be appreiated. I closed my scrap room in 2009, so I have a lot to catch up on . . .

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

Hi Kathie! The Cricut Explore and Silhouette Cameo are the 2 hottest cutters. Both are similar in price. The Explore allows the use of both svg files and images from cartridges. However, it relies on an internet connection to work. It can cut heavier materials. Silhouette files can be purchased from the store (inside studio). No internet needed to work. However, it has a hard time with thicker materials. Both are good machines! It depends on what you want to do.

There are many, many, many machines out there! Pazzles, Zing, Silver Bullet, Brother Scan n Cut, Sizzix Eclips and more....

New Kid On the Block
In response to HisGEM

I know this is an old thread but not sure where to look. Where is the best play to by HTV at a good price?

Page 80 of 80 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics