Page 3 of 80 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
harvick
Expert
harvick
In response to Huskymom

I would like that coupon too... Mothers Day is Sunday and I asked for a gift cert to Joanns... new cart, here I come!!!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to harvick

May I please have that coupon also please? I will send you a PT to make it easier!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-08-07 06:32 AM
In response to scrapbook girl

I will send it out, IF I can find the link!! Someone sent it to me from the cricut board and I used it already (a few times so I'm hoping I still have it saved because I have all the carts J's stocks right now.

harvick
Expert
harvick
In response to Huskymom

I am jealous of that !! I only have a couple... maybe someday.

MichelleSG
Veteran
MichelleSG
In response to harvick

If some one needs the coupon pm me and I can send it to you. It can also be found on the Cricut message boards. Just go to 'shopping' sub forum (at the bottom) and the thread should be near the top labeled "J's coupon".

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-09-07 04:15 AM
In response to MichelleSG

awesome! that's where I got it from and couldn't remember what thread it was on there! I didn't have it saved on my computer! thanks for stepping up and finding it to send out to those who needed it!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to Huskymom

Thank you for the coupon - it says new customer coupon, but do they really notice?

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to djtobin

Thank you so much for the cupon!!

MichelleSG
Veteran
MichelleSG

No, they don't care about th new customer thing. I've even printed it out several times and used it. Also there's a Robert's Craft's sale this week where some carts are $25. If you go to their website and print out the flyer you can take it to Walmart to price match. They are supposed to only honor ads from local stores but some Walmart employees don't know or don't care.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

WOW!! that is sooooo cool!!! Thanks!

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

• MichelleSG Said:
No, they don't care about th new customer thing. I've even printed it out several times and used it. Also there's a Robert's Craft's sale this week where some carts are $25. If you go to their website and print out the flyer you can take it to Walmart to price match. They are supposed to only honor ads from local stores but some Walmart employees don't know or don't care.

Wish we had one of those around here. We live in a small town and the Wal Mart workers here would definitely know. Oh well, that would have made an awesome mother's day present.

cathyy
cathyy 
Idol
cathyy
In response to Shari82199

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to cathyy

Our WalMart doesn't have cricut things.

harvick
Expert
harvick
In response to djtobin

mine either ..... boo hoo!!!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to harvick

Mine does! I am going now to see if they will honor the ad!

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214

Wow! Lucky Duckies! Hope you all get to use the Coupons !!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to MissMoo214

They did not let me use it!!!! Oh well, it was only a try anyway.

Erin Z.
Idol
Erin Z.

So glad I found this forum! I love my Cricut and the tips here are great.

4everscrapping
Expert
4everscrapping
In response to JayAndXansMom

I love all the tips! I was hoping to get some feedback on what everyone uses for adhesive on the intricate cut-outs. I have tried liquid glue, which is messy when trying to put down the item "just so". I also tried the "Cheetah" which is pretty good, however you have to be real careful not to tear the letters because they stick to the applicator. Lastly, I do not like the results of a glue stick because I have had things come off later on. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to 4everscrapping

I use my xyron sticker maker - I have the little one for small things and the bigger one for the bigger things.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-11-07 10:12 AM

• scrapbook girl Said:

You're kidding! I've used it (and other J's Coupons ) on about 10 cartridges and just used this one 2 times in the past week...what did they say??

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to 4everscrapping

• 4everscrapping Said:
I love all the tips! I was hoping to get some feedback on what everyone uses for adhesive on the intricate cut-outs. I have tried liquid glue, which is messy when trying to put down the item "just so". I also tried the "Cheetah" which is pretty good, however you have to be real careful not to tear the letters because they stick to the applicator. Lastly, I do not like the results of a glue stick because I have had things come off later on. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I also use a small xyron for mine. I also just found a ball point pen glue at Michael's. Haven't tried it yet though.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
  • scrapbook girl Said:

You're kidding! I've used it (and other J's Coupons ) on about 10 cartridges and just used this one 2 times in the past week...what did they say??

Well, I toke the ad in and they said that they do not take internet ads. because they can be altered.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-12-07 04:27 AM

That is a bunch of hooey...You should've talked to the manager or had them call J's coorporate! that is NOT true!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Huskymom

I think I will.

MichelleSG
Veteran
MichelleSG

CreativeXpress has an on line special right now, some carts are $25.

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

When I was in ac moore today their carts were all $54.99!! I was sooo tempted to buy another one, but held back since I just bought stamped. Oh it was a tough one!!! lol

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to x3Jessicalouise

Yippie skippy.....I GOT a cricut today!!!!
Woooo HOOOOoo
After spending much time reading, I finally got to use it some! OMG>...I KNEW I would love it.

I am NOT even gonna LOOK at carts....my dh would have a fit.

I use my little X xyron for all my small things...its great!!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Ditto to the xyron . I never had one before, but once I got my Cricut I found it essential. I have an X I use on some letters and the 510 for others (I put a few through at once.) I also sometimes use a glue pen.

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to janet28rn

That little X is a must have for all scrapbookers!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to djtobin

Way to go Michon!! I just got mine Saturday. i love it. I just tried the smaller letters w/the signs button. Works great! Thanks for that tip. Michaels had a special on the Cricut with extras for 229.00. I got 2 pads of paper, tools kit, spatula, trimmer. I thought it was a great deal.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to GingerH

Is this spatula thing worth it? It doesn't come with the regular tool kit, correct?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-15-07 09:09 AM
In response to HollyD

• HollyD Said:
Is this spatula thing worth it? It doesn't come with the regular tool kit, correct?

In my opinion, if you buy only on tool ever for your Cricut, this is the ONE!!! The spatula rocks!! It makes getting the cuts off the mat soo easy, especially if the mat is new!! The are only like $5 on the cricut site, too! i don't think they sell them here in the superstore.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Huskymom

Ok, so I took the plunge and ordered the spatula. What a surprise!! I was afraid that they would charge me $5.95 s/h . . . They're charging me $0.92! Apparently since it's small enough, they'll put it in an envelope and send it that way. That is SO COOL!! I wish sb.com would do that. If they did, I'd order more often when I just want a couple little things.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-15-07 10:53 AM
In response to HollyD

• HollyD Said:
Ok, so I took the plunge and ordered the spatula. What a surprise!! I was afraid that they would charge me $5.95 s/h . . . They're charging me $0.92! Apparently since it's small enough, they'll put it in an envelope and send it that way. That is SO COOL!! I wish sb.com would do that. If they did, I'd order more often when I just want a couple little things.

I totally agree!! I've ordered a bunch of stuff from that site because it's great prices and shipping is actual shipping cost!! did you sign up for the 'newsletter' or shopping club? It's free and things are discounted even a little more!! You'll love the spatula; I promise!!

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37
In response to Huskymom

Yoo Hoo...guess who owns a CRICUT?
I do I do I do I do me, me, me, me!!!!

Afraid to use it , just gonna look at it for a few days...

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to sheshie37

Get it out and play Sheshie!!! Its not hard its fun.

i like the spatula. but i find I use the sharp crooked hook tool the most. So far. I agree on the shipping cost. I would order more also if it was a little less. I did sign up for the newsletter and like their site.

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to GingerH

I also use my xyron for my smaller letters but recently ran out and haven't gotten more adhesive for it.

I did on the other hand find a "glue pen" that is awesome for the small, thin letter. It's a Sakura Quickie Glue pen. It's a ball point pen with glue in it. It's awesome. I'm going to have to stock up next time I go to Michael's.

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37

I did it!!!! Love it, why did I wait so long?? it's truly amazing!

somewhere on here I saw someone made an open heart with the geroge cart...HOW?

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37
In response to sheshie37

found it ..its the silouhette(sp) for open anything!!!

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

I'm with you on the sakura quickie pen. I LOVE mine! I found with the Xyron that i had a lot of extra sticky outside of the letters and when i put them in my album, they stuck to the page protector. With the pen, it goes exactly where I need it, and I end up spending less because i don't go through the pen as quickly as i do through a roll of Xyron tape.

Alexine
Idol
Alexine

I have a Xyron but haven't used it in awhile. Didn't know it was so messy. TFS

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Alexine

I also had prolems with my Xyron . I'll use it for larger things, but not for letters. The 250 seems to be better about it than the X or the 510, though.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-17-07 05:42 AM
In response to HollyD

I often use DCWV adhesive cardstock with my Cricut. I don't normally use this type of cardstock, I'm more of a Bazzill girl, but because it's adhesive backed it makes it really easy to use with the bug.

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
I often use DCWV adhesive cardstock with my Cricut. I don't normally use this type of cardstock, I'm more of a Bazzill girl, but because it's adhesive backed it makes it really easy to use with the bug.

I saw this cardstock on QVC. Wasn't sure whether or not to get it. Now that I know it is Cricut friendly I may have to get this!

harvick
Expert
harvick
In response to Scrapping Diva

I used to have the extra sticky stuff when I used my Xyron and then I got my tool that you use to do embossing with and you know how it has a little ball point on the end.... Well I take that and before I pull the clear paper off I go around my letters or whatever I am making into a sticker with it and it works GREAT!!!!
This is my new favorite trick!!!

Does that make since?

mickeys70
Pro
mickeys70
In response to Prettylolo

• Prettylolo Said:
now, as you may know, i got my cricut plus one extra cartridge all for $200 total at ACM on friday because my anniversary is today and dh said i could get one if i considered it a gift from him. (i'll consider it to be whatever you want it to be dear LOL).

anyhow, i tell him this morning about the sales you are mentioning and he says "you can get one a month" and i thought about it and that seems fair. so i said, "well, if i go out and buy three, can i just not buy any for the next three months then???" LOL!

he laughed. but he never answered. LOL

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- -------------------------

I find this very funny! When Michaels had the big sale on the Bug for $139 I was right in-between pay days and had a lot of extra expenses going out that month. I only had a small amount of “mad money” left (not enough of course). Well my wonderful BF gave me the rest of the money to buy the Bug to make me happy. In return I agreed not to complain about him playing him online game for 2 weeks! Sounded fair to me! Yea until 2 weeks later and Michaels had the sale on the cartridges for $39. Yes, you guessed it another 2 weeks of complaint free gaming for him and 5 new cartridges for me! Men you gotta love em'

Edited by mickeys70 on 05-17-07 08:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to mickeys70

When I bought my Cricut I told myself that I would not buy certain carts. because I owned the Sizzix dies. I have many tabs, tags, shape elements.
WELL...My local WalMart had 1 cart. on sale it was the Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More for 25$. I kept picking it up putting it back reminding myself of how many tag dies I already own...then at the end of my shopping I went back...there was only 1 left in just that 40 min time...So Yes I Bought it.

Now I am looking at the book...WOW!!!! am I glad I bought it...it is amazing.

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to tina c

I just bought Tear Drop. Any suggestions?

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

The DCWV adhesive paper is on sale at JoAnns right now - it is the summer stack colors.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-17-07 03:23 PM
In response to djtobin

I have the summer stack; it's pretty cool colors!

I got applicious today!! I'm excited to use it.

mickeys70
Pro
mickeys70
In response to tina c

I know what you mean they are addicting! I think for the first 2 days I did nothing but cut out things just to see what all it could do! So now I have a tone of animals and letters and such laying around waiting for a page to placed on...LOL

mickeys70
Pro
mickeys70
In response to djtobin

Hmmm really I am going to need to go pick that one up! Thanks!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to djtobin

Tear Drop is one of the fonts I don't have, I'd be interested to hear what people love about it.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to HollyD

HELLO EVERYONE~ I AM BACK FROM MY VACATION...HAD A GREAT TIME!

PLEASE NOTE: SINCE ALL THE NUMBERED TIPS SEEM TO GET LOST IN THIS THREAD WITH ALL THE NON TIP POSTS I MOVED ALL OF THEM TO THE FIRST POST ON PAGE 1 SO THAT YOU CAN FIND THEM MORE EASILY

IF YOU ADD A TIP AFTER THIS POST CAN YOU PLEASE WRITE THE WORD TIP BEFORE YOUR TIP SO THAT I CAN EASILY LOCATE THEM TO PUT THEM ON PAGE 1...THANKS

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-18-07 08:13 AM
In response to HollyD

• HollyD Said:
Tear Drop is one of the fonts I don't have, I'd be interested to hear what people love about it.

I love Tear Drop; it's one of my favorite fonts

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Huskymom

Sure will Gina!

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap

Tear drop is a favorite of mine. Almost bought opposites attrack yesterday but my willpower held.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to luv to scrap

Newbie Cricut owner here. I apologize if the answer to this is somewhere in this thread already, but what do the numbers on the speed pressure dials stand for? The guidebook doesn't have numbers, just descriptions. I saw on the Cricut website that I should set the speed dial on "low" in order to cut Bazzill , but what number is "low", two or four? I'm so confused, LOL!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Luvmyfam

As you turn the dial, the display will tell you what you're setting it to. I believe 2 is low.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-20-07 10:04 AM
In response to HollyD

I don't cut Bazzill on low, I cut it actually on 4(both dials) which is what I keep my bug on for "normal cuts"

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
I don't cut Bazzill on low, I cut it actually on 4(both dials) which is what I keep my bug on for "normal cuts"

What blade setting do you use for your "normal cuts"? I cut Bazzill today using the following settings that I found on the Cricut website, and it came out great:
Speed 2
Pressure 5
Blade 6

Amy-L- 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Luvmyfam

Hi! I am new to this board. I have had my Cricut for a few weeks now. Has anyone had problems loading their matts. It seems to take me 3 or more attempts at loading. Any suggestions?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-20-07 01:27 PM
In response to Amy-L-

I keep my blade pressure (the green knob) on 5; the only cardstock I use is Bazzill , although recently I have used the self adhesive DCWV cardstock in it a few times.

Edited by theboydbunch on 05-20-07 01:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Huskymom

Thanks Deb! I know it can take some playing around to figure out the best settings, so I'm really happy to have a "starting place".

Hi Amy! I'm not new to the boards, but am new to the Cricut. Have you looked on Cricut's website at their forums? I've posted a couple questions there and they have been very helpful. I keep coming back here to scrapbook.com, however, because this place is just totally awesome!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-20-07 02:39 PM
In response to gg loves Matthew

TIP

I'm sure everyone knows this but just incase.

If you put your pressure and speed at 1 and press cut, it will give you an outline of where it would cut without actually cutting.

I use this just about every single time I am doing a lo. I just put some scrap printer paper on my mat and do a rough draft of the cut I want on my lo to make sure it is the size and design I want.

Edited by Bran on 05-22-07 09:21 PM. Reason for edit: added tip to top of post

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to Bran

Hobby Lobby has all cricut cartridges on sale for 59.99 this week. Don't think that is great for the old ones, but maybe good for the new ones.

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to djtobin

My Michaels also has cartridges on sale for 59.99. Feel willpower fading........

harvick
Expert
harvick
In response to luv to scrap

My HL has there carts for 54.95 everyday... I wonder why that is different. My M's has them on sale though for 59 something. M's is a rip off!!

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to JayAndXansMom

Yes up here in Maine...I keep looking for these great deals...but my Ms sells them for regular price. Every once in a while ACM has them at WalMart prices. My biggest issue now is Walmart has not had the mats in stock for a month...uggggg.

So has anyone created any new amazing works with theirs?

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to tina c

I stopped at Michaels today with intent to buy a new cartridge and then I looked at the boxes and decided 2 fonts were probably OK for now. I was so proud of myself for walking away!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to djtobin

I was away at a weekend crop and we had SOOOO many carts to play with, I didnt know where to start!! Oh my gosh...it was awesome!!!! LOL I tried NOT to just sit there and PLAY with the cricut ALL weekend.
Since I just finally got mine, I am NOT even gonna LOOK at other carts....dh would kill me!!!
There are so many great ones out there. Plus, I want that new walk in the garden one too. And The animals one was fun to play with too....geez....

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to michongarf

What is everyone's favorite cartridge?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-22-07 03:36 AM
In response to djtobin

Right now Mickey and Friends is my favorite and All Mixed Up is my favorite font cartridge

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Huskymom

I'm currently loving on my opposites attract . . . it's my newest one.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to HollyD

I can't have a favorite yet - the only one I have is the one that came with the Cricut. Maybe when they go on sale for less.... sigh....

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to married05

I only have George and Opposites Attract. And I love love love my OA!!!!

mickeys70
Pro
mickeys70
In response to djtobin

Right now my fav is the animal one! I think I have cut every animal in each differnt setting...LOL I like the family grouping one the best!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-24-07 03:58 PM
In response to mickeys70

which animal one? animal kingdom? zoobaloo?

Edited by theboydbunch on 05-24-07 04:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappinAngler
Veteran
ScrappinAngler
In response to Huskymom

I was looking at Costco's webstire today and they sell Cricut too!! Regular price is $59.99 for cartridges!! Great if you are a member!!

I am not new to sb.com , but new to this forum and want to stay updated. I have had my cricut about 3 weeks now!

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37
In response to ScrappinAngler

Went to Mass and J's had certain carts on sale for $64.99 and they DID let me use 40% off coupon that someone here posted the info about...so I saved another I dunno $23-$24 dinero..I bought 3 new ones....I am so excited!!!!Can't scrap--> to over-whelmed with all the newness of the cricut!
Tear Drop
Happy Birthday
Doodlecharms
Or something like that...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-25-07 10:31 AM
In response to sheshie37

great find!!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

Gina...thanks for telling me about this thread! I am so excited to have my new toy...thanks to my awesome students and parents! I can't wait to read through all the tips. Thanks again!

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to ScrappinMom4

Yippee! Just got an email from QVC saying my Cricut shipped today! Please, oh please arrive before we have to go out of town next Thursday or Friday!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• ScrappinMom4 Said:
Gina...thanks for telling me about this thread! I am so excited to have my new toy...thanks to my awesome students and parents! I can't wait to read through all the tips. Thanks again!

you are so welcome! And you don't have to read through all the thread unless you want to...I have all the tips listed on the first post of page one to make it easier......there are some other discussions on the thread though that did not make the list.

Enjoy your Cricut and let us see what you do with it!~

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

My spatula arrived yesterday!! I'm having some girls over to crop today, and I'm sure it will get a lot of use.

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to HollyD

Speaking of the spatula, why is it not sold with the tool kit? Didja know that if you "join" the Cricut website you get 20% off the prices of your order?

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to scrappinmac

I bought the Opposites Attract yesterday and hope to get to play with it today.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to djtobin

Yeah, that club thing is cool. The 20% discount paid for the cost of shiping the spatula to me. How awesome is that?

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214
In response to HollyD

WOW! I sure had a lot of reading to catch up on here. I only need the two Disney carts now. I think that my favorite font is Tear Drop and my favorite shape is Paper Pups. I haven't been able to play much at all this month and I think it's starting to affect my personality. LOL! Hubby says I've been moody and mean. Maybe he should take a hint and leave me to my bug!!! LOL!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

Thanks Gina. I did see the list on the first page and found lots of great ideas. I'm getting grumpy b/c I haven't had much time to play with my new bug, but I will. Just want to get a few things in order so I can have a LOT of guilt-free time to play!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac

Hooray! My Cricut was shipped UPS on Friday and it arrived this afternoon! My DDs were as excited as I was!

Now I've got to figure out how to safely get the shapes off the mat without tearing them, and yes, I do have the tools.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-29-07 07:00 PM
In response to scrappinmac

One word...the spatula!! that's the ultimate tool to get the items off the mat!!! have fun exploring with your machine!!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to Huskymom

i use the spatula and the sharp hook tool the most. love them.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-30-07 10:28 AM
In response to GingerH

TIP: On the cricut website there is a thread that has a sample page from each cartridge (shows what cuts you can make, etc) I printed one out for each cartridge and keep it in a binder, with layout sketches I have collected and it makes it so easy to decide which cartridgte I want/need to use!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to Huskymom

Thanks for another great tip!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to djtobin

OK....so who has been to a SWARM??? lol
THere is actually a close on to me coming up in June!!!!! lol
What a trip. lol

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-31-07 02:57 AM

I haven't been to a SWARM but would LOVE to if there was one in my area! They look like sooo much fun!!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to Huskymom

swarm explain please??

Page 3 of 80 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics