Page 5 of 80 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
(and I have waaayyy too many! LOL)

it's not nice to brag, ya know....

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
do you like All Mixed Up? it's my favorite font cartridge out of all the ones I have (and I have waaayyy too many! LOL)

I love that font...but too many??? how can you have to many? ...I have 5 now and well my list is ummm...welll...it is a wish list...

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to tina c

I only have 5 ... and I'm happy ... for now. I'm sure, eventually, there will be more I HAVE to have. And if someone were to walk up to me and say "Here, have this", I wouldn't say no. But I've got all the ones I was lusting after.

Do you think if the cricut users of the world united and demanded that ProvoCraft release cuttin up as a standalone cartridge, they would?

silhouette74
Veteran
silhouette74
In response to HollyD

Do you think if the cricut users of the world united and demanded that ProvoCraft release cuttin up as a standalone cartridge, they would?

I sure hope so. I was looking at that cartridge and sure would love to get my hands on it. I am however extremely happy with my original cricut and feel no need whatsoever for the expression.

I just today infact got 2 new carts in the mail and can't wait to try them out! That brings my grand total up to 5 so far with George, New Arrival, Animal Kingdom, Speaking Of Winter and Doodlecharms. Do I want more? You betcha! lol

kylesmommy
Expert
kylesmommy
In response to RN2007

It is cute. I think I want Animal Kingdom next. I just have to wait for a great sale.

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to kylesmommy

I love Animal Kingdom! The border option is SO cute!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to djtobin

boy, i'm itching to get some $$ and buy some carts soon. george and base camp are great but i'm ready for something new. i want celebrations, all mixed up, and printing press!

iralamija
Guru
iralamija
In response to Prettylolo

I just have 4 cartridges and I want to buy "all mixed up"

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-19-07 10:34 AM
In response to iralamija

I love All Mixed Up, as I've said 300 times here already!! I wont tell you how many carts I have, but it's over 20 And, All Mixed Up is my favorite font one!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

omg, do they actually have 20 out or does that include some of the new ones already??

deb, i think you should start up a cricut anonymous group for people like you. LOL either that or host a big crop for all of us to come and we won't have to bring our cricuts! LOL

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Hey deb, if you ever get tired of any of them, I would gladly take them off your hands at no charge!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to scrapbook girl

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

Deb doesn't need evilbay . . . She could host her own auction with us!!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to HollyD

wow you guys! I still only have one. I like several though. I am looking for a good price. lol oh wait my anniv. is coming up hmmm let me get my list started!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to GingerH

• GingerH Said:
wow you guys! I still only have one. I like several though. I am looking for a good price. lol oh wait my anniv. is coming up hmmm let me get my list started!

Don't feel bad - all I have is George too. I'm still waiting for a good sale too.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to married05

I only have two! George, and Opposites Attract.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

I only had one for a few months . . . Than suddenly the bad holly took over, stuffed the good holly in a closet, and went shopping.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to married05

Im sooo glad that I am not the only one to only have ONE cart!!! I dont feel sooo bad now. The sales with the 40% off just arent GREAT enough for me! Lol I know they are a bargin....but I need CHEAP! lol I have been watching auctions.....hoping....

• married05 Said:
  • GingerH Said:

Don't feel bad - all I have is George too. I'm still waiting for a good sale too.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to HollyD

• HollyD Said:
I only had one for a few months . . . Than suddenly the bad holly took over, stuffed the good holly in a closet, and went shopping.

the BAD holly!!!!!!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to HollyD

• HollyD Said:

I think the bad gina did that to the good gina too! Bad enough I came home from my annual shopping spree with 5 new cartridges......and the bad gina just went and ordered 2 more (fabulous finds and new arrival ) The one I REALLY want to get my hands on is Accent essentials

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-21-07 01:50 AM

• Prettylolo Said:
omg, do they actually have 20 out or does that include some of the new ones already??

deb, i think you should start up a cricut anonymous group for people like you. LOL either that or host a big crop for all of us to come and we won't have to bring our cricuts! LOL

You have to bring your cricuts, just not your cartridges

I don't have any of the newest, just released ones (speaking of Winter, etc.) but I will get a few of them eventually! LOL There are even a few of the "older" ones I don't have!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-21-07 01:52 AM
In response to gg loves Matthew

I bought a ton of my cartridges when J's was still accepting Coupons on them so I got several for like $39 each...I "had" to have them; they were on sale

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to Huskymom

Does anyone know if there are any other cartridges like Animal Kingdom where you can make borders out of the designs? I love that feature!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to djtobin

Checkout sale at creativexpress for cricut cartridges

Yackley
Veteran
Yackley
In response to djtobin

I heard a rumor that J's have some for $20. I haven't checked it out for myself--- but I plan on doing so soon!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to Yackley

I wish....mine wont!! lol
Im deprieved.

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to michongarf

Mine had some on clearance for 34.97 but all were gone.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to djtobin

if i call...they should tell me though...RIGHT?!?! lol
Heck I would even buy one for that price!!!

Im despersate!!! Lol

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-22-07 10:09 AM

Does anyone have a Cricut paper trimmer? I just bought one today and haven't tried it yet.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Huskymom

The cricut paper trimmer is of the style I generally don't get along with . . . I prefer rotary trimmers.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to HollyD

deb, i would've went nuts too if i were getting them for that price back then. i saw acmoore is having a sale starting on sunday, regular cricut 129.99 and the expression for 329.99.

i stopped in at my joanns today to check on their carts and they are discontinuing everything that they have of cricut because they aren't selling. and they WON'T mark down the carts either. they are selling everything for $65-70 and said that their scanner even says "no future sales" what the heck?!?

i was ticked. but that was okay, i couldn't spend the $$ today and had they been cheap, cheap i would spent the $$ anyway and then had to hide it from dh LOL!!!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

I called 2 places today....one was not on sale or discounted and the other doesnt sell them at all!!
Geeezz...I give up.

fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs
In response to Huskymom

Yes, I have the cricut paper trimmer. I am very happy with it, it holds the paper in very well!! I got it to replace my old Fiskars , which wouldn't hold a 12x12 sheet. hope you like yours too!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to fourstubbs

• fourstubbs Said:
Yes, I have the cricut paper trimmer. I am very happy with it, it holds the paper in very well!! I got it to replace my old Fiskars , which wouldn't hold a 12x12 sheet. hope you like yours too!

it looks identical to the one i use now. it's the provocraft trimmer, same colors, etc. is it the same?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-23-07 08:06 AM

I'm not sure if it's the Provocraft trimmer in a different color or not;' I'll have to check; I have like 5 different trimmers, one of the big Granddaddy size Fiskar's one that was like $50 and I hate that one!! Hope I like this one!!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Huskymom

I like the Cricut one!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

OMG!!! i think Joann is getting the Expression!! And They sai I am going to be using it in my classes!!!!! I can't wait to make samples with it!! 12" monograms here I came!!hehehe!!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

Well, Went to my first SWARM!!! lol
It was fun. Played with lots more Carts!!! WOW
I want MORE now even worse. lol

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-23-07 07:04 PM

I wish there was a SWARM near me!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

what's a swarm?

michael's by me has the expression and there was a sign about using it at their next crop they are having.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-24-07 05:26 AM

oooohhh! My Michael's doesn't have it How much was it there, Lori?

A swarm in a group of people getting together with their Cricuts and scrapping, etc.

kylesmommy
Expert
kylesmommy
In response to Huskymom

I ordered Animal kingdom yesterday. I don't have any Joanns around me so I figured why not. I have the cricut papercutter and I hate it. I'm so use to my Fiskars that I don't like how it opens.

Is there a cart for sports? That would be a great one for hockey, baseball, etc.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH

i have always used CM trimmers. I love the small box typeone. But hate the the other. I opened upmy Cricut trimmer last night and so far like it so much better its easeier to cut correctly.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to GingerH

I have the green ProvoCraft cutter...LOVE it! My other ones werent cutting right and I used someone elses and then HAD to have MY own!! lol

There should be a swarm near you in MD? I thought the one lady yesterday said so?! NOt sure. DId you check the board?

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

deb, i didn't check to see if they had it, they just said you could use the newest cricut at their crop, it was written on a sign. sorry.

fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs

I went to JA yesterday, they had a sign up that they had the new expression, they didnt' even know how much it was going to be, so they rung it up and it is selling for 499.99!! I think it should go down in a few weeks, once the "newness" wears off.....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-24-07 02:50 PM

$499.99...are they nuts?! It's cheaper than that directly through Provo Crafts!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

i think joanns can be wayyyy overpriced at times.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

I think someone has to be extra specialllly nice and please please please go buy my a $20 cartridge!!!!!
Anyone??? lol

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214

You ladies are too funny. Finally got a chance to catch up on my reading here. I'm glad to be one of the "lucky" ones. I have.....well, never mind. It's not nice to brag. I just love all my carts so much that I can't help but want to share the love!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to MissMoo214

um, miss moo, it's not bragging, i wanna know what you got! i'm always tickled pink when somebody catches a good deal on stuff like that!

married05
Idol
married05

Yes, you must tell us!!!!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to married05

yes....you can share...its ok...I can take it!! Lol

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

K...i need someone's expertise here. i keep forgetting to ask this question and i remembered today.

i love the shadow feature on my carts and the shadow blackout. i couldn't wait to use it. my manual says to use the same size on the blackout as i do the shadow (use 1" on shadow, then you use 1" on blackout). well i did. and i was disappointed. it doesn't look right to me at all!

is there a secret to this?? i want to use this feature more but it ticks me off every single time i try!

tia!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

Sorry I havent tried that yet either.

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37

LoLo you put them together with about 1/8 " between them and slightly higher or lower then the shadow.
Try that and see if you like the looks of it!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to sheshie37

okay, i did but it still doesn't look right to me. maybe i'm just goofy LOL i was thinking i could put it directly behind the letter, can you do that if you cut it a bigger size?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-27-07 05:30 AM

I also never seem to get this technique right, Lolo, although I've stopped using 'shadow' and use "blackout' and have a bit of better luck. I kinda 'fudge' it to make it work

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

now you've got me really confused LOL

i want to place the blackout directly behind the shadow feature. you don't do that? would it be better for me to place the blackout directly behind the 'regular' style of letter?

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

What cartride are you using for the shadows? Just to see if you're expecting something different than you're getting, here's some of my examples:

George cartridge - Silly Cat

Jasmine cartridge - Roots

Base Camp cartridge - Tigers

The Roots layout using the jasmine, it was shadow blackout, so there's no hold in the orange t shadow. The Tigers layout using Base Camp, it was regular shadow, so that the R shadow has a hold in it.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to HollyD

THIS is too confusing! Lol Guess I will have to try it.
Great pages!!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to HollyD

hmmm, holly, i have tried it with george and base camp, that is THE LOOK i want but i don't seem to get it. are you using the shadow feature for the letter and the blackout for the shadow blackout? and are you cutting them at the same size too?

thanks for the links, btw, and great pages!

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

Ok here is how it goes.
Top layer is in regular font.. don't press any of the features.
The middle layer is using the shadow feature (it will have a little extra around the edges, but still have the holes cut out in the middle for the letters that need it)
The third layer is using the blackout feature (it will not have any holes at all for the letters, but will not stick out any farther than the shadow does past the edges of the first, original letter)
So you can use three different pps or cs and have 3 different colors show.
I'll link a few of my Los using this.

What is that?
With this LO, the green is the original font (no feature used) and the pink is the shadow (note that both are the same exact font size.. the pink cs just has the shadow feature)
got wheels?
the same with this one. The layer on top is the regular font with no feature, the second is using the shadow feature. On the left side it is the stamped cart. on the right it is jasmine.
I don't normally use the blackout feature.. i did on one LO though..
Chico
on this one. It's the I x3 You. The top, dark brown is the regular. The light brown/tan is the shadow, and the blue is the blackout. It would look the same with words.

I hope this helps, PM me if you have any more questions.

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214
In response to x3Jessicalouise

Well I have all the old carts except the Disney font and the Disney Friends. Of course I don't have Doodletype(QVC exclusive cart). That's a total of 23. I can't wait to find out when they'll get the newest released ones here. I was really lucky and was able to get like 5 of them at JoAnn's for around 35.00 each!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to MissMoo214

thank you so much jessica!! i totally get it now, i will have to play with it when i get back from vacation!!!

i was under the impression that you used the shadow on top of the blackout with nothing else and nothing has hanging out past the edges and was ticking me off just a little bit LOL. so i haven't used it yet because i couldn't figure it out.

thanks for taking it to a kindergarten level for me...with pictures and everything! LOL

Dolores
Diva
Dolores

I saw that the Expression is saling for $499. at JA. I bouthgt mine for $369.00 from a scrapbooking internet site no shipping & handling or taxes.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Dolores

369 doesn't sound too bad considering they want like 500 for it regular price!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

Jessica....thanks for explaining that more!!

I havent tried a lot of this stuff yet. SO, any and all help is great!
I never would have even thought that some could have 3 layers.

Now, I wanna try this too! Lol

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

No problem at all! Glad I could help. When I get a new cart. i spend about 45 minutes just playing around with it and seeing the different features. It really helps you when you go to use it on a LO.

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

Thanks for all the great hints. I had a 3 day scrap "party" with my sister and used my cricut a lot. It is so fun!

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37

Link Julie 3 cuts same size different features
Do it like this..Julie's name has 3 cuts, and 3 different features, all the same size.
Jessica is this what you meant?

silhouette74
Veteran
silhouette74
In response to HollyD

• HollyD Said:
What cartride are you using for the shadows? Just to see if you're expecting something different than you're getting, here's some of my examples:

George cartridge - Silly Cat

Jasmine cartridge - Roots

Base Camp cartridge - Tigers

The Roots layout using the jasmine, it was shadow blackout, so there's no hold in the orange t shadow. The Tigers layout using Base Camp, it was regular shadow, so that the R shadow has a hold in it.

OoOoOo I LOVE the looks of that roots, guess jasmine will probably be my next cart.

kylesmommy
Expert
kylesmommy
In response to silhouette74

I finally got Animal Kingdom on Thursday and just got to use it late last night. I think it will be my favorite.

I was up in Sault Ste Marie at their JoAnn store. I was told that they don't carry any Cricut items anymore. They were all recalled. I was like what? They have a new machine out and it uses the same cartridges as the little bug. They lady looked at me like I was NUTS.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-01-07 12:23 PM

I don't believe any of the Cricut products have been recalled, per the Cricut message board.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to Huskymom

I think it is just because JOAnnes is NOT selling it anymore. NOT that cricut themselves recalled it.
THey have BEEN trying to clean out stufF!!!
Cricut and other sb supplies.

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise
In response to sheshie37

• sheshie37 Said:
Link Julie 3 cuts same size different features
Do it like this..Julie's name has 3 cuts, and 3 different features, all the same size.
Jessica is this what you meant?

Yep, that's what I meant.

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37

Ohhh I just love the look of it! Thanks Jessica!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to sheshie37

I think it depends on the size of the Joann's . . . I think the really big ones, that have lots of sb-ing stuff, will still have them.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to HollyD

Mine is a J's Superstore, and they still have Cricut stuff. None on clearance of course...

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to married05

None of mine - J's, HL, M's, Wally world . . . NOBODY has cheap cricut stuff. I just live in the wrong city.

kylesmommy
Expert
kylesmommy
In response to HollyD

We only have Walmart here, and nothing is ever on sale.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to HollyD

Someone posted that a store was discussing a recall on Cricut Products...I wanted to explain what my local store said. The Cart. have new updated books that explain not only the regular machine but also the new Expression machine. The cart. itself is the same it is just the book...and the overlay on some may be updated. That is why many stores have been clearancing them. It is not because we will not beable to get the cart. It is just the info inside and outside needs to include the new machine. Hope this helps.

kylesmommy
Expert
kylesmommy
In response to tina c

THe lady was very short with me when I asked about Cricut products. She said they will not be carrying them any more. They did not even have any cuttlebug items.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

Just in case some of you may have not seen this...you need to.....this lady makes all these from the New Arrival Cartridge using the 2 mommy's that are on it...have a look!

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=830765

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

Don't know if any of you got to see my "gift" I made for my bug so I will post the link here. I used the George Cartridge to cut the shapes and letters from paper and used them as templates on felt....the bug I made my downloading a picture of it and enlarging and using the paper as a template too.

Bug "gift"

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

I stopped at my JoA today and the cricut stuff was ALLL GONE!!!!! NO MORE, no where. I was bummed.

fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs

WOO-HOO!!!!!! I am so excited!! My dh let me order the expression machine!!! From what I can tell, I think I got a good deal at Hallmark, 348.99....gulp, I know that is A LOT of money, but I am so excited!! If you didn't already know, they are giving away one free cart with purchase, plus free shipping an hey, NO TAX!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-04-07 03:50 AM

awesome!!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to Huskymom

I discovered that our WM is carrying cricut stuff! finally. i bought a set of mats and 2 cartridges...doodlecharms and jasmine..they are the same price as HL.

fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs
In response to GingerH

My local wm barely got in one machine, the little bug, no carts or anything. I have been checking in now and then, still no carts etc. Then I went to another wm in town, and bam, they had the machine, cheaper tham my wm, carts on clearance, the bag for it, etc!!!! They also had different scrapbooking stuff that MY local wm doesn't even have!!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH

well mine does have a limited selection of carts, but maybe they will start stocking more I hope so anyway.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to GingerH

My wm had some on "sale" yesterday for like $50. They have a little bit of everything.
they also got a bunch of other new stuff not cricut related.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

not all WM's are created equal. i am smack dab in the center of about 3 of them, north, south, and east of me. they all have diff prices and diff things in stock. drives me crazy too sometimes.

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

marking my spot - good morning

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37
In response to djtobin

WoW!!! that new arrival cartridge with all the ideas posted were amazing..how clever is she? Wonder if she is the creator of the cartridge?
If I could do 1/4 of what she did with those gals I'd be OK..however, they all looked pregnant to me..hahahaha

cathyy
cathyy 
Idol
cathyy
In response to sheshie37

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise
In response to cathyy

that was really cool what she did with the pregnant lady. WOuld have never even thought about it.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

me either

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

I really liked that too, but don't know if the rest of the shapes could be used for other things.

fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs
In response to djtobin

I chose that cart with my expression order, I didn't think I would want it, but there are a lot of cute baby shapes, I love the animals in it, like the giraffe and monkey. I also love the train set it has. I can't wait to get it, it is due tomorrow, I hope I don't have the trouble that some people are having with the bubbles in the door or the door opening too quickly etc...I am actually thrilled to be getting it!

Page 5 of 80 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics