Page 6 of 80 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to fourstubbs

You can do other things with the shapes on some of the cartridges.....If you get the Cricut newsletter or go to their site you can see what others have done using the shapes for not what they were intended

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-06-07 02:31 PM
In response to gg loves Matthew

I agree! I'm almost as addicted to the cricut site as I am this one

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Huskymom

Deb I see you really like mr smiley! lol!~

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

i like this one better but is way better than the other goofy one they on. was someone complaining? LOL why would they change it so quick?

mickeys70
Pro
mickeys70

• gg loves Matthew Said:
Just in case some of you may have not seen this...you need to.....this lady makes all these from the New Arrival Cartridge using the 2 mommy's that are on it...have a look!

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=830765

Wow They are fantastic! Now I want to get that cart. Just so I can play around with different people also! Thank you for posting her work!

iralamija
Guru
iralamija
In response to mickeys70

I just got new arrival at JoA for $40 I use a cupon , I went to others JoA... and they don't have more cartridges !!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-09-07 12:08 PM
In response to iralamija

Awesome!!! it's a fun cartridge!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

none of my j's or any scrap store let's you use any Coupons for cricut or cricut carts.

acmoore's is running a sale tomorrow on the cricut for $139 and the expression for $349 i believe. just a little fyi.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Prettylolo

I just got New Arrival and Fabulous Finds and I am having such fun playin with them!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

marking spot - have a good week!

silhouette74
Veteran
silhouette74
In response to mickeys70

• mickeys70 Said:
  • gg loves Matthew Said:
Just in case some of you may have not seen this...you need to.....this lady makes all these from the New Arrival Cartridge using the 2 mommy's that are on it...have a look!

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=830765

Wow They are fantastic! Now I want to get that cart. Just so I can play around with different people also! Thank you for posting her work!

COOL I just bought this cart and have yet to try it out. Great new way to use it!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to silhouette74

i REALLY need to go buy a cart of some sort and none are one sale. i should try evilbay maybe.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-11-07 11:29 AM

I think there's a JoAnn's coupon around that doesn't exclude carts!!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to Huskymom

But most of the JOs dont have any more.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-11-07 11:31 AM
In response to michongarf

really? Mine still does, just not any on clearance or anything

cathyy
cathyy 
Idol
cathyy
In response to Huskymom

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to cathyy

alright, deb, you don't have to rub it in or anything i have never seen a coupon that didn't exclude the carts. i know mkjulia200 said hers said it excluded cricut font cartridges and she went and used it for a shape cart LOL. she argued her point that there were absolutely not fonts on it anywhere so it couldn't be called that and the manager gave in and gave her the discount LOL!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-11-07 08:55 PM

Let me see if I can find the link for you, my friend...these are Coupons that are usually posted on the Cricut board that are like "thank you for being a great customer" type and they DON"T exclude any of the Cricut carts; they're for 40% off, too! I'll pm you the link, if I find one!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

oh cool, please do! and we can use them anywhere?

fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs

The Coupons say that excluded are, among other things, "Cricut Electronic Cutter" being that the carts are eligible for the discount!! But not the machine itself I tried to use the coupon and at first the cashier didn't want to let me, but I called the store first and spoke to the manager and she said, sure, you can get them...so I was able to get 2 for one with my 50 percent off Coupons .
Also, I would post a link to the coupon, but I don't know how to!! If you sign up on the Joanns site, you should get a welcome coupon that is good for more than a week. HTH........

Edited by fourstubbs on 07-12-07 07:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
Let me see if I can find the link for you, my friend...these are Coupons that are usually posted on the Cricut board that are like "thank you for being a great customer" type and they DON"T exclude any of the Cricut carts; they're for 40% off, too! I'll pm you the link, if I find one!!

me too Deb!!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to GingerH

i do get those Coupons but all mine say the cricut and all cartridges are excluded, do they just do this in some areas? are these cricut Coupons or joann's Coupons ?

fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs

They are Joann's Coupons . I am sorry I don't know how to post the link for these. fourstubbs

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

every coupon i get for joann's excludes the cartridges and it says "all cricut cartridges", trust me, I CHECK! LOL!!!!!!

but then i don't think it's going to matter anyhow since mine is getting rid of all their cricut items.

kamill
kamill 
New Kid On the Block
kamill

I got my expression machine about a month ago. I thought I was spoiled with the old one, but the expression is soooo much better. The possibilities are endless. I love, love, love my bug!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to kamill

I am thing about getting a die cut machine, but I've never used any of them, which one is the best choice?

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Scrappin Kitty

the cricut, of course

i have the sizzix sidekick and i rarely use it. i guess i'm lazy. the cricut does all the work for me LOL

don't know about the expression though, i've never used one.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

if we call the cricut "our bug" , what the heck are we calling the expression since it's bigger??? "our bigger bug" LOL

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

Love Bug . . . it's expressive.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to HollyD

• HollyD Said:
Love Bug . . . it's expressive.

hey, i like that one!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-14-07 06:48 AM

Hi there...If anyone wants to work out their Cricut, I jsut opened a new card swap that you may be interested in...

Homemade card swap

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

hmmm, deb i think i'll have to pass on that one this time. have a ton i'm doing now and two more i got in mind to open. just finished painting today. yay!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

marking spot - this thread keeps going back to my previous post.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to djtobin

don't ya hate it when that happens

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

I do!!! that is my least favorite thing about this site.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to djtobin

i know, so quit posting or else i'm gonna have to, to keep it updated for me!

silhouette74
Veteran
silhouette74

• Prettylolo Said:
i know, so quit posting or else i'm gonna have to, to keep it updated for me!

Too cute that made me laugh.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to silhouette74

So I am not the only one... this is the only thread I have issues with going back to a certain post!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to janet28rn

I have had a few do this to me, I don't know what makes them different.

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214
In response to djtobin

Marking spot. I've had no online access for almost a month. I can't even use the phone line to make calls most days. We live really far out in the country and every time it rains the lines go out. It's been raining for over a month!!!!

So happy that one of the local Walmarts FINALLY got cricut stuff! And it's at the same low price or lower than Hobby Lobby!!!!! They even have some of the new carts!!!!!

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to MissMoo214

Did you all see the idea on the Cricut newsletter...making your own embossing folders. What an amazing idea.

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to tina c

very cool - I may have to try this

http://www.cricut.com/newsletters/volume.aspx?ID=77

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to djtobin

I just had to stop bye and gloat some!!!!!

acmoore has/had all cricut stuff on sale for 50% off!!! and I got a cartridge finally!! Lol
THEN, I could NOT decide which ONE to get! lol
I bought base camp cause that is the first one I really wanted. I used miniMon this weekend and LOVED it too. and walk in garden...UGH!!!! I need More! lol
ok, Im done now.
thanks
Hope everyoneis having a great week!!!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

I am trying to order Walk in the Garden and Paper Pups right now - Creative Xpress takes forever!!!

kylesmommy
Expert
kylesmommy
In response to djtobin

Do you like Base Camp? I was not sure I would usenit enough.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to kylesmommy

i love my base camp. i have that and george and i use base camp all the time. sometimes i forget there are other carts out there.

i went to acm's yesterday to get some replacement blades 50% and they were all out. made me mad. i guess that's what i get for waiting until the last day of the sale. LOL

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214

Just marking my spot!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to MissMoo214

Base Camp is my favorite cartridge, it seems to be the most universal for me.

Frostypaws
Expert
Frostypaws

• kylesmommy Said:
Do you like Base Camp? I was not sure I would usenit enough.

I just got basecamp and have used it numerous times! I love the charms, and dog tags. I've used the To: and From: alot too! LOVE IT!

Tammy6071
Pro
Tammy6071
In response to Frostypaws

Does anyone have trouble cutting Bling on their cricut?

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Tammy6071

what do you mean bling? i'm confused. i guess my answer would be i've never cut bling on my cricut LOL

Tammy6071
Pro
Tammy6071

Bazill Bling, you know the shiny stuff? :smile :

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Tammy6071

I have never tried it. I would be afraid of dulling my blade. Maby you should try it on the slowest setting and the blade on the highest.??

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to scrapbook girl

oh, i see. i've seen that stuff and it's pretty. i've never had any problem cutting Bazzill , is the bling thicker or something? (pardon my niavity)

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

I LOVE the Base camp because it is different from regular fonts too. PLUS, like the dog tags one, you can use the inside and the tag itself!!! Pretty cool, huh? n

I dont really know anything about the bling bazz either. sorry. Check the cricut site, im sure someone there has.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

IMPORTANT NEWS!

this posted on the Cricut Board

IT'S WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITNG FOR!!

At CHA Summer in Chicago 2007 we are previewing our new CRICUT DESIGNSTUDIO (USB technology)

Cricut DesignStudio is a new software program that allows you to explore, design, and cut your own customized Cricut designs. Cricut DesignStudio is a natural add-on to any Cricut machine or cartridge sale. It allows you to explore the font and shape sets in the cartridge collection.

Cricut DesignStudio opens the door to undiscovered Cricut possibilities with the simple click of a mouse. This exciting software is a welcome addition to the trusted Cricut brand. It is easy to install and use and allows you a fun new way to explore your creativity. Using an onscreen cutting mat, you can create your own unique mat layout. What you see on your computer screen is what the Cricut machine cuts.

Cricut DesignStudio allows users to explore and create cutting designs using any of the thousands of letters, shapes, and phrases found in the Cricut cartridge library. Using keywords, customers can quickly find what they’re looking for. This gives customers hands-on experience with all of the Cricut cartridge content before purchasing or cutting.
This innovative software brings the Cricut designs to your own craft studio, letting you transform cutting layouts by reorganizing, rotating, resizing, skewing, and welding the letters, shapes, and phrases found on any of the Cricut cartridges. Layouts can be easily saved and shared with friends.

Provo Craft Cricut DesignStudio allows you to select your cutting options directly within the program. To cut your designs, simply insert the Cricut cartridge(s) into their machine and press cut. It’s that easy!

Provo Craft will be providing the Cricut DesignStudio software in a special bonus pack. This includes a specially designed 10-foot Cricut connection cable, a cricut mouse pad, and a Getting Started guide.

No Release date yet but we hope to know one soon! YAY! It's coming!

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I dont believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH

yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-22-07 10:46 AM
In response to GingerH

My fiance got me the Cricut for my birthday and today was the first chance I've had to play around with it. I LOVE IT! I'm going to have to go back thru this thread to learn some tips from you gals. Thank you for this thread!!!!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to KerriLynn

Enjoy!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to djtobin

so is the new software going to be for digi LOs or do we actually do stuff we want on the computer and it tells the cricut exactly what to cut on paper??????? if so, that sounds awesome!

jaybeemom
Expert
jaybeemom

The way I understand it, it is not for digi, just you can design the layout cuts on the computer and it tells the cricut what to cut where.

The best part, (as far as I and alot of others on the Cricut board) is that it will let you cut out letters connected (like on Opposites Attract)to make words.

Retail price is $89.00

HTH!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-23-07 08:40 AM
In response to jaybeemom

Wahoo!! Can't wait for it to be for sale!! I'm going to get the Exression at the same time I get that!!

pjsarefuzzy
Veteran
pjsarefuzzy
In response to scrapbook girl

i've seen a few people post about getting their bugs at walmart for like $125. i've called the 5 around this area and they are all 198 regular and 184 on sale right now.

where are you guys located? any tips on where to get them the cheapest? i mean, i don't really mind having to pay 184 but if i can get it cheaper...why not? :]

Edited by pjsarefuzzy on 07-23-07 09:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife
In response to pjsarefuzzy

I am getting a Cricut this weekend when I come home from vacation. I am soooo excited!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to marine-wife

i have seen them that prices only at acmoores in hagerstown, md.

and michaels too, same town.

Edited by Prettylolo on 07-23-07 11:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pjsarefuzzy
Veteran
pjsarefuzzy

boo. why are they more expensive in michigan? :[

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to pjsarefuzzy

maybe cost of living is more?

kylesmommy
Expert
kylesmommy

I live in Northern Michigan and They are $184.00 at Walmart. I do not have anywhere else around me for an hour.

My dad bought me one in Texas for $140 in May.

married05
Idol
married05

I think it also depends on the price at craft stores. I got mine back in April for 139, but it had been 125 the week before I bought it! When I asked about it, they said it was because of the sale at Michael's and Walmart beating the price. The price at my Walmart now is up to 184 too. It's crazy how much it's fluctuated. I would just keep checking back every couple of weeks.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-24-07 08:45 AM
In response to married05

my walmart sells if for $160.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-24-07 09:38 AM

I'm plugging a new swap I am hosting!!

Rolodex swap

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Huskymom

Argh!! My cricut was being SOOO mean to me last night. I was trying to cut "SNUG in a RUG" with my Base Camp cartridge. It would NOT cut the SN neatly, it kept tearing. I put in a new blade, grabbed a mat that had only been used once, changed my settings (though I have the Bazzill settings memorized), nothing!! Any suggestions?

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to HollyD

hmmmm, not really, sorry.

what are the specific Bazzill settings?

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

• gg loves Matthew Said:
IMPORTANT NEWS!

this posted on the Cricut Board

IT'S WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITNG FOR!!

At CHA Summer in Chicago 2007 we are previewing our new CRICUT DESIGNSTUDIO (USB technology)

Cricut DesignStudio is a new software program that allows you to explore, design, and cut your own customized Cricut designs. Cricut DesignStudio is a natural add-on to any Cricut machine or cartridge sale. It allows you to explore the font and shape sets in the cartridge collection.

Cricut DesignStudio opens the door to undiscovered Cricut possibilities with the simple click of a mouse. This exciting software is a welcome addition to the trusted Cricut brand. It is easy to install and use and allows you a fun new way to explore your creativity. Using an onscreen cutting mat, you can create your own unique mat layout. What you see on your computer screen is what the Cricut machine cuts.

Cricut DesignStudio allows users to explore and create cutting designs using any of the thousands of letters, shapes, and phrases found in the Cricut cartridge library. Using keywords, customers can quickly find what they’re looking for. This gives customers hands-on experience with all of the Cricut cartridge content before purchasing or cutting.
This innovative software brings the Cricut designs to your own craft studio, letting you transform cutting layouts by reorganizing, rotating, resizing, skewing, and welding the letters, shapes, and phrases found on any of the Cricut cartridges. Layouts can be easily saved and shared with friends.

Provo Craft Cricut DesignStudio allows you to select your cutting options directly within the program. To cut your designs, simply insert the Cricut cartridge(s) into their machine and press cut. It’s that easy!

Provo Craft will be providing the Cricut DesignStudio software in a special bonus pack. This includes a specially designed 10-foot Cricut connection cable, a cricut mouse pad, and a Getting Started guide.

No Release date yet but we hope to know one soon! YAY! It's coming!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! I am SSSSSOOOOSOOOOOOOOOO ECITED!!!!!!!

buckeyesisscraps
New Kid On the Block
buckeyesisscraps
In response to JayAndXansMom

these are great tip. I just bought one and am so excited about it!

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to buckeyesisscraps

The Cricut Color T Markers That will replace the blade...so that you can draw your shapes vs cutting them. These shound very exciting. I can not wait for these to hit the shelves. Exciting.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-25-07 05:43 AM
In response to tina c

are these going to be made available for sale, individually? the markers? I need to go to the cricut board and get the latest info

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

that would be cool if they are available individually.

SusR
SusR 
Resident
SusR
  • SusR on 07-25-07 02:54 PM

So far there are only two sets available...I can't recall the colors. I think one is a primary color and one is more earth tones. I believe the sets include four markers. I've heard they are a little pricey.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-25-07 03:07 PM
In response to SusR

where can you buy them? I thought they were still QVC exclusives>?!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

so you actually put those in where the needle goes?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-25-07 04:26 PM

yes!! I've heard of people using teh smaller sharpies in it's place on the cricut board!

SusR
SusR 
Resident
SusR
  • SusR on 07-25-07 04:42 PM
In response to Huskymom

I've heard of people using small Sharpies and something else as well...I can't remember the brand name. There are a few threads on the Circut message board referencing the markers. I don't know if they are in general release yet or not...I believe you can see them on the Provocraft web site.

mickeys70
Pro
mickeys70
In response to HollyD

• HollyD Said:
Argh!! My cricut was being SOOO mean to me last night. I was trying to cut "SNUG in a RUG" with my Base Camp cartridge. It would NOT cut the SN neatly, it kept tearing. I put in a new blade, grabbed a mat that had only been used once, changed my settings (though I have the Bazzill settings memorized), nothing!! Any suggestions?

Have you tried cleaning the machine? The paper leaves a residue on the pole that the cutter goes back and forth on and sometimes it will drag. It may help I'm not sure.

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to mickeys70

still waiting to find a cricut at the best price, but i keep reading all your wonderful tips and comments ~ thanks for sharing

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
yes!! I've heard of people using teh smaller sharpies in it's place on the cricut board!

ooo, wow, tfs!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

okay, dumb question: why would you want to draw on the paper instead of cut it out?

kylesmommy
Expert
kylesmommy

• Prettylolo Said:
okay, dumb question: why would you want to draw on the paper instead of cut it out?

I was thinking the same thing!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

AllyW
AllyW 
Diva
AllyW
  • AllyW on 07-26-07 08:30 PM

Wow! Thanks to everyone who has added a tip! I just got a Cricut and am still learning about all that it does. All these tips are so helpful for us beginners.

amandainohio24
Guru
amandainohio24
In response to djtobin

Cannot wait for the usb to be working!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to amandainohio24

Happy Friday!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to djtobin

okay, share where the cheapest place to get one is

married05
Idol
married05

• kylesmommy Said:
  • Prettylolo Said:

I was thinking the same thing!

Too funny, I was wondering that myself!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to married05

sheila, michael's and acmoore's get competitive over it and have dropped it to $125 once in a while. just keep your eyes open! i got mine for $140 and a cart for 50% off.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-27-07 12:20 PM

is anyone going to buy the AC Moore exclusive cartridge bundle on tuesday? I only want the paper doll cart out of it, if anyone wants to buy the other ones

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to Huskymom

I don't have an AC Moore close to me, but what cartridges does the bundle have and how much is it?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-27-07 02:53 PM
In response to djtobin

the bundle is $159. just on Tuesday and comes with Paper Dolls, Jasmine, and 2 others; for a total of 4; I have 3/4 and want paper dolls, but it's only being sold this way; I have an AC moore near me and can pick it up, if I knew I wasn't going to get stuck with the other 3 carts. (hubby would kill me!) let me do some research and see exactly what the other carts are!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-27-07 03:11 PM

OK: the AC Moore bundle contains Jasmine, Paper dolls, Zoobaloo, Printing 101. I have all but Paperdolls, which is what I want; it will be $159.00, plus tax if anyone is interested in going in on it with me, let me know!!

Page 6 of 80 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics