Page 2 of 7 
Username Post: LOUISIANA!!!!!!!        (Topic#1413193)
**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to Mrs. DKK

oh haha thats funny its a small world! i went to college at hinds community college and i know allot of ppl around there!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to **SarahAnne**

im hoping that my boyfriend and i can both find a job in the area..it'll probably be easier for me than him *cross your fingers*

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hi Ladies, haven't been on this thread in a while. Just wanted to pop in and say I was born and raised in Yazoo City. Just down the road from Jackson, Madison and Canton. Used to do all my shopping in Jackson. My husband is a musician and he plays on Wed. nights at Mugshots on Lakeland Drive. Good luck with the job search.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to annasmom

what kind of music does he play?

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to Mrs. DKK

A very wide variety of stuff. Everything from Delta Blues to Country to Americana. Stuff like James Taylor, Eagles.....Sometimes he does current popular music like Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley. Older stuff like Van Morrison, Cat Stevens......To many to name!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to annasmom

nice!! i might have to convince my bf to take me one day

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to rfultz105

• rfultz105 Said:
I"m from LA! Born and raised and currently live in Shreveport, LA!!! You're the first person I've seen on sb.com from LA!

Hi... I am in Shreveport, LA too! WOW! You are the FIRST person I have seen from Louisiana AND from Shreveport! How cool is that?

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

• latechscrapper09 Said:
are there any good lss's in shreveport??? the stores here are really small and limited and i ususally go to hobbly lobby or michaels.

There is a nice store off Mansfield Road going toward Mansfield, LA. It is called "Lisa's Angels In The Attic". I came to know the owners and they are so sweet and HELPFUL too! If anyone ever wants to meet me there I would be HaPpY to meet up with anyone that scraps in the area and actually MEET YOU IN PERSON! I don't have anyone to scrap with... which is why I hardly go to Lisa's on crop nights..I don't like going alone!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to annasmom

OMG i have a friend who lives and was raised in yazoo i use to go there all the time when i was in college! i had a really bad wreck one time and my parents had no idea i was up in that part of ms! haha i have heard of that place never been though!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

Lived there all my life then got married and moved to Belzoni (just down the road) but continued to work in Yazoo City. Moved to NO in 1998 and then to the Northshore in 2004. Last time I was in Yazoo City was for my Mom's funeral in 2004. Doesn't seem to have changed much over the years.

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to annasmom

iknow i dont like it much there! in fact i dont like mississippi much lol... i dont think ill ever move back adn thats where all my family is

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

Oh, I love Mississippi. This is just where God chose to plant us! I probably would not want to move back to YC though. Jackson or Hattiesburg would be ok.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to annasmom

Any of you from MS ever go to the craft day in Canton, MS? My daughters and I went for about 5 years but did not get to go last year because of my sister's illness. It is always lots of fun. The entire center of the town shuts down and vendors from all over set up booths along the streets and around the courthouse square. We always went in October but it is also held in May.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Robin's Spirit,

I am eager to visit the shop you mentioned near Mansfield Rd., but I don't seem to get to Shreveport without my DH and I want to visit when I don't feel rushed that he is waiting in the car! Maybe soon... I live north of Ruston just south of the Arkansas state line and shop in both Shreveport and Monroe.

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to oakhills

Hi Ann,
My parents were exhibitors for many years at the Canton Flea Market. I hated going! LOL! Maybe if I had been on the shopping end of it instead of the working end......

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to annasmom

oh i love the canton flea market my best friend lives there and i go wit her every year!!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

i use to live in canton while attending college

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

when do they hold it robins spirit? if its over already id like to go next year..esp since canton is just north of me a few minutes!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

Well. I would LOVE to go too! Maybe we can get together and go together! I don't have ANYONE to scrap with or scrap shop with! I would LOVE to find some of the stores in the Monroe or Ruston area.

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to RobinsSpirit

ur not that far from me robin hehe!

Veteran

I've been to the Canton event a few times ... both as a customer and working with my parents ... and had fun doing both. Unfortunately, I haven't been in a while.

Someone mentioned Hinds Community College. I believe some type of Scrapbook event is held there. Maybe it is Crop Connection???

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to Metcropper

ye ai use to go there! i never heard about that hmm...

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

SarahAnne... Randy is gonna be off ALL next week and we are going to be driving to my Daddy's in Gatesville, TX over the weekend and POSSIBLY drive down to Galveston for a few days also.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

• Robin's Spirit Said:
Well. I would LOVE to go too! Maybe we can get together and go together! I don't have ANYONE to scrap with or scrap shop with! I would LOVE to find some of the stores in the Monroe or Ruston area.

monroe/west monroe has hl, m, the scrap shack (across from hl), and memories of yesterday (off cypress) ruston unfortunately does not have one..unless you include walmart ..and they have absolutely NO selection..unless you are just looking for stickers. i wish they would open one up, but then my bf would get tired of taking me..lol...

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

oh really yall should so go to galvestion!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

For you gals that live in Louisiana... click on the link below for others that live here and scrapbook and maybe we can get a meet up going.

http://scrapbook.meetup.com/cities/us/la/

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

oh cool i just did mine!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

oh cool i just did mine!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

Good FRIDAY mornin' LOUISIANA ladies!!!
Hope you all have a blessed day!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

Good Morning to you too!! Hope you have a Blessed Day as well!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to annasmom

Have a good weekend ladies!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

Hope all you gals have a GREAT Saturday!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

robin how far are u from me? i thought it was only a couple hours?

oakhills
Governor
oakhills

Just got an email this week from The Scrap Shack in West Monroe announcing that they are closing by the end of July. They will be having a sale of all remaining stock and fixtures during the next few weeks. I am really disappointed because they were so conveniently located and were such nice ladies to shop with!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to oakhills

aww thats tobad! u shuld go stock up on everything when they close!!! where in lousiana is it? haha i might come!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

looks like i need to make a trip!!! maybe i can convince my bf to take me!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-28-07 12:55 PM
In response to Mrs. DKK

ooo...people who live in towns I know! People who won't think it's gross to eat crawfish!

Grew up in south la, on the west bank, went to VOL and ABHS, which shut down this year, moved to Ruston to go to Tech, then my parents moved near Baton Rouge, I bought a house in Shreveport 3 weeks ago. I personally hate Shreveport, I'd rather live in Ruston, or near New Orleans. But I do love the town we live in and the house we bought.

Who knows Latechscrapper09, they might open one up in the shopping area by Lowe's. Is anything open there yet? What's your major? I went to Tech from 1999-2005, graduated in '03 and '05. I miss that place. Not the work, but the trees and squirels.

When I moved to Ruston there was nothing but Walmart. The day I left the sign for Applebee's went up. I stopped in the middle of the service road and cursed. In case you didn't know, since we didn't till a few years ago, the movie theater at the mall is only $2.50 (used to be $2) during the day and they have the big movies at midnight the night they are released.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-28-07 12:58 PM

• Robin's Spirit Said:

There is a nice store off Mansfield Road going toward Mansfield, LA. It is called "Lisa's Angels In The Attic". I came to know the owners and they are so sweet and HELPFUL too! If anyone ever wants to meet me there I would be HaPpY to meet up with anyone that scraps in the area and actually MEET YOU IN PERSON! I don't have anyone to scrap with... which is why I hardly go to Lisa's on crop nights..I don't like going alone!

Do you have an address? I have no idea where Mansfield Road it. If it's not on Airline, then I'm clueless. But I have a GPS which can get me almost anywhere.

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

• **SarahAnne** Said:
robin how far are u from me? i thought it was only a couple hours?

I did a mapquest and it is:
Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 47 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 201.13 miles

That is from my house to Orange, Tx. HOW COOL IS THAT! I can drive that far! Girl... we will have to get together before I go back to work. Maybe even meet half way and have lunch!!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to ELynn

• EeyoreLynn Said:
  • Robin's Spirit Said:

Do you have an address? I have no idea where Mansfield Road it. If it's not on Airline, then I'm clueless. But I have a GPS which can get me almost anywhere.

Here is the address for:
Lisa's Angels In The Attic
2855 Summer Grove Drive
Shreveport LA 71118
(318) 686-6384

You can call and ask for "Carol" or "Nancy". They are the owners and they can tell you how to get to the store. VERY-VERY nice ladies!!!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

that would be fun! i am goin to ms in the middle of july or the end i wonder how far it is from brookhaven, ms to u!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to ELynn

• EeyoreLynn Said:

Who knows Latechscrapper09, they might open one up in the shopping area by Lowe's. Is anything open there yet? What's your major? I went to Tech from 1999-2005, graduated in '03 and '05. I miss that place. Not the work, but the trees and squirels.

no lss up yet in ruston. im an elementary ed major..i started in fall of 05!! i love the trees and squirrels too..lol! are you talking about the place in pecanland mall. if so i know..we used to go there all the time when i was little...i dont like going there because of all the gang violence lately, and all the car jacking stabbings...not cool..i dont go there at night.

the movie theater in ruston is open..i tend to use that..and applebee's opened a few months ago!!
i would be happy if we got a sb store!!!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Mrs. DKK

Thanks, Robin's Spirit, for the address and phone number for Lisa's Angels in the Attic. While in Shreveport today, I tried to find it with no luck because I was looking on Jewella. Can't wait til my next trip over to do some shopping there!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to oakhills

Ann... just email me when you start over to that area and I can meet you somewhere and we can go together! It isn't really hard to find. I can introduce you to the owners. They are so personal in their store and LOVE to visit with folks! Once you get to know them you will love them!! Carol is the Mom and Nancy is the daughter.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills

Hey! Thanks Robin's Spirit! It would be great to meet IRL!! Since I was just over yesterday, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get back. I'm about 1 1/2 hours from Shreveport and with gas prices, I try to consolidate my trips!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-29-07 07:32 AM
In response to Mrs. DKK

• latechscrapper09 Said:
  • EeyoreLynn Said:

no lss up yet in ruston. im an elementary ed major..i started in fall of 05!! i love the trees and squirrels too..lol! are you talking about the place in pecanland mall. if so i know..we used to go there all the time when i was little...i dont like going there because of all the gang violence lately, and all the car jacking stabbings...not cool..i dont go there at night.

the movie theater in ruston is open..i tend to use that..and applebee's opened a few months ago!!

We always went during the day or at midnight-don't remember a problem though-it sucks it's getting bad. The one is Ruston was open before I left, but they have higher prices. We could go to Monroe, get food, go to a movie and books-a-million. But we went to number of them in Ruston (I got a $100 gc right when they opened) if we wanted to see at movie at moment's notice.

I miss Ruston, everything I wanted, within 5-10 min. Now I have to plan my trips and combin them, no running to water because I'm out of milk. Oh well, had to grow up sometime. Have fun at Tech!

Robin's Spirit, thanks for the address.

Edited by EeyoreLynn on 06-29-07 07:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to ELynn

• EeyoreLynn Said:
  • latechscrapper09 Said:
  • EeyoreLynn Said:

We always went during the day or at midnight-don't remember a problem though-it sucks it's getting bad. The one is Ruston was open before I left, but they have higher prices. We could go to Monroe, get food, go to a movie and books-a-million. But we went to number of them in Ruston (I got a $100 gc right when they opened) if we wanted to see at movie at moment's notice.

I miss Ruston, everything I wanted, within 5-10 min. Now I have to plan my trips and combin them, no running to water because I'm out of milk. Oh well, had to grow up sometime. Have fun at Tech!

Robin's Spirit, thanks for the address.

I absolutely LOVE tech!!! i only have two years left...wwwaaahhhh!!! im gonna miss it!!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hey you Louisiana scrappers... have any of you gone to the scrap store in Texarkana or the one in Longview, Tx??? They are BOTH fabulous scrapstores and are HUGE in supplies! Especially the one in Longview. If anyone wants the store name and address I have it. It also has a website... but I'm not sure you can buy from the website...but you can see photos of the store and how much they offer. They also have wonderful classes and crop nights!!!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills

Robin's Spirit, please pm me the info on the store in Longview including the website. May just have to take a little road trip since all my favorite LSS are closing. Hope to check out Lisa's Angels in the Attic next week but not sure yet if there will be time. Have to check on my aunt whose almost 91 years old. Plan to take her to lunch.

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to oakhills

Ok.. the one in Longview is called "Scrapbook `N Such". Here is the website link. It will show you photos of the inside of the store when you click on "Pictures" on the left side bar. OMG! It takes me hours on ened just to look at EVERYTHING in the store! Browse around... http://www.scrapbooknsuch2.com. The actual address is: 1905 W Loop 281 #74 Longview, TX 75604 and phone number is: (903) 297-9555

You can go to www.mapquest.com and get directions on how to get to it. It is not hard at all from I-20. It's about an hour away from me from my house to the store.

Edited by Robin's Spirit on 07-03-07 04:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Guinevere
Tenant
Guinevere

Hey Ladies, I am going to move in the BR area at the end of july. I just wanted to say Hello!!!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

Happy Fourth everyone!
We are gonna have rain most of the day here!
Hope you all have a dry and safe day!!!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

hey everyone will you please go vote for me in this poll im #5 picture!!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Mrs. DKK

I'm a newbie from Fordoche, it is between Baton Rouge and Lafayette

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Heather_Rochelle

Hey gals! How was your 4th?

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to Mrs. DKK

not so good it stormed the whole day and then some! lol

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

aww i'm sorry. my friend said it rained ALL DAY. she said she is tired of the rain. we personally need it in mississippi.

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

It has been raining here for a MONTH every day it seems! Can't keep up mowin' the darn grass! Usually we are dry as a bone with crunchy brown grass this time of the year... not to mention a burn ban going on. But with all this rain we are drownin'!!!! I am SICK OF IT!

hawgmn1
Idol
hawgmn1

Hey everyone! Have to agree......I hate the weather here and personally sick of all this rain. Is that all it does down here? Our first summer here and can't wait to transfer out again. We won't even mention the humidity......LOL. Hope everyone had a good 4th of July!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**
In response to hawgmn1

well im not really complainin to much if theres rain theres most likely not goin to be a hurrican lol... so rain come on!!!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

• **SarahAnne** Said:
well im not really complainin to much if theres rain theres most likely not goin to be a hurrican lol... so rain come on!!!

I agree! No hurricanes please! Plus, we really needed the rain here. So I'm not gonna complain either!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

yeah it seems like the time for the rain to be slacking off...i guess we'll see though...if i remember right ..this time last year it was slacking off in monroe..i was ready to pull my hair out by that point..i worked at a daycare, and when you cant take the kids out..they get VERY VERY rambunctious (sp?)

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hey all you Louisiana gals! Sure have been quiet in here! Hope you all had a FANTASTIC week and going to have a good weekend!!!! Bout tired of all this rain. Suppose to get some sun this weekend... my grass is so green and trying to keep it mowed has been difficult because of the rain days!

Have a good one!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

RAINING HERE TODAY! YUCK!

Hope everyone else is having a DRY Saturday!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

I have actually been happy for the rain! We need it over here in MS. So gals... I am coming home Sept 1!!!!! I can't wait. I'm getting tired of just sitting here...the great thing is is I never really unpacked, SO all the stuff I have to take to school is already packed up..lol!!! I'm ready to go back home!

R Miller
Expert
R Miller
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hey ya'll, I'm from Louisiana, too! Thought I'd say "hi"!

I live in the northeast corner, West Carroll Parish. We have nowhere to shop for s/b stuff here - our new WM is a joke.

I was in Monroe on the 9th - dd had an orthodontist appt. - and found the scribbles alphabet clear stamps for less than $15 at Target! I have been wanting them for weeks, but couldn't find them for less than $28.00. I LOVE a bargain! I do shop at M's and HL sometimes, but most of my shopping is done online.

This is very strange weather for Louisiana. I love that my grass is green for a change, but I can't keep up with the mowing! Well, I guess you can't have it both ways!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-17-07 12:19 PM
In response to annasmom

Hey y'all
I'm kinda new to SB.C and also to LA. Moved here in Oct. from NV (Elko/Vegas) and now live in Luling. I'm looking for others in my area who scrap, who know of LSS (other than Micheal's, Joann's or the new coming Hobby Lobby). Are there ever any group crops, conventions, classes or anything good like that near here? I miss all that in Vegas - all the LSS, crops and yearly conventions. So anyway, I'm looking to make some local friends - so please PM me. You can learn more about me at My Place, or on the link below my signature that takes you to my blog. TFL! Hope to meet and talk with some of you soon!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to ScrapAddict74

• ScrapAddict74 Said:
Hey y'all
I'm kinda new to SB.C and also to LA. Moved here in Oct. from NV (Elko/Vegas) and now live in Luling. I'm looking for others in my area who scrap, who know of LSS (other than Micheal's, Joann's or the new coming Hobby Lobby). Are there ever any group crops, conventions, classes or anything good like that near here? I miss all that in Vegas - all the LSS, crops and yearly conventions. So anyway, I'm looking to make some local friends - so please PM me. You can learn more about me at My Place, or on the link below my signature that takes you to my blog. TFL! Hope to meet and talk with some of you soon!

I have friends in Luling!! but unfortunately none of them scrap...sorry! are you enjoying your move?

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to ScrapAddict74

• ScrapAddict74 Said:
Hey y'all

Hi Angi,
Welcome to sb.com and Louisiana! I live on the North Shore between Folsom and Franklinton. There is an upcoming convention in Mandeville in September. It's called Scrapfest. They usually only have it in March but for the first time this year they decided to add one in September. There were so many people clamoring for it! I plan on going. If your interested you can go to www.scrapfestproductions.com and check it out. I don't think there are any sb stores on the westbank but there are two that I know of in Metairie. One is called Scrapasaurus and I can't remember the other one. LOL! You can google it I'm sure. Can you believe there is no HL in the NO area?????? Two Michael's though. There are several sb stores on the Northshore. Scappily Ever After (Mandeville), Scappin' Buds (Slidell) and Scrapbook Heaven in Bogalusa. I know those are probably getting a little far for you but you never know when you might want to take a road trip!
Lynn

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to annasmom

Hey, Lynn! Great to see you on the forum! Been wondering where you were. Keep checking your "My Place" for new photos, etc.

Found a new scrapbook store in West Monroe (Scrap Shack that I told you about before is closing). This one is Memories of Yesterday. They have tons more of everything and lots of the newer product lines that aren't in HL and Michaels. If you are coming through the area, PM me and I'll get you directions. It isn't right on the interstate but not hard to locate, either.

Have a great weekend!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to oakhills

Hi Ann,
I guess that I have been spending too much time on my photo blog and the weekly challenges. I've definitely neglected my sb.com page. I guess because my scrappin mojo has gone south. I'm trying to get back into a scrappin groove but it's coming veeeerrrryyyyy slowly. LOL! (still collecting stuff of course). I'm supposed to be coming to Shreveport this weekend but that hasn't been confirmed yet. But I probably will not come up that way. Maybe next time. Never a bad time to check out a new sb store!
Hope you have a great weekend too!
Lynn

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Hey, Lynn! Great to see you on the forum! Been wondering where you were. Keep checking your "My Place" for new photos, etc.

Found a new scrapbook store in West Monroe (Scrap Shack that I told you about before is closing). This one is Memories of Yesterday. They have tons more of everything and lots of the newer product lines that aren't in HL and Michaels. If you are coming through the area, PM me and I'll get you directions. It isn't right on the interstate but not hard to locate, either.

Have a great weekend!

HEHE... I love that store!! I have to say..even better than scrap shack...they have more variety than the scrap shack. i used to live not even a mile from the store!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

Poppin' in here to say HELLO!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

• Robin's Spirit Said:
Poppin' in here to say HELLO!!

HI!!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hello back at ya there girl!
We got SUNSHINE TODAY! WHOO-RAY!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

So do we (YAY)..cross your fingers and hope it stays that way!!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

HOney... I am crossin' everything that can be crossed! I am so sick of the rain!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

well at least the crops are good and watered..lol. thats what i always say whenever i get tired of the rain!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Mrs. DKK

http://www.roty.com/DoYouRememberMe/DoYou RememberMe.htm... i know this was in another forum but i felt compelled to share!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

Whoo-Hoo

We got LOTS OF SUNSHINE here today girls!
Going to get out there in it and smear it all over me!

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

ROBIN- we might be movin back to Lafayette! we dont knwo for sure yet but i kinda dont want to haha.... close to inlaws!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

My mom might be moving back down..but they will be in Texas. I am just happy school will be here in a month or so...I get to go back home!!! congrats on some possible good news!!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

I drove to Baton Rouge on Tuesday and came back yesterday evening. Just a quick 24 hour drive down there with my Momma to pick up her grandson. Sure wish I had more time to SHOP!!! UGH!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

• **SarahAnne** Said:
ROBIN- we might be movin back to Lafayette! we dont knwo for sure yet but i kinda dont want to haha.... close to inlaws!

Oh that would be sooooo cool, SarahAnne! I'd drive half way to Alexandria and you could drive the halfway to Alexandria and we could shop together! Why are you guys gonna move?

**SarahAnne**
Diva
**SarahAnne**

well johns field got a new forman and he doestn get along with him to well... weve started savin money adn all to get put down for a house when we move!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

Hello all you Louisiana gals! Hope all have a great SUNNY day!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

They are predicting RAIN for the entire weekend ladies for our state! YUCK! Really puts a big damper on our weekend plans!!!!

CollageGrrl
Tenant
CollageGrrl
In response to chocodlite2

Baton Rouge has at least 2-3 stores...one on Perkins right off I-10, one on Coursey Blvd (I think) and another down Florida Blvd away from downtown toward Hammond. I've been to the 1st two I've mentioned and they are pretty nice stores!

HTH,
jacquie

CollageGrrl
Tenant
CollageGrrl

Hi Angele:

Noticed that you mentioned Scrapfest...I was just wondering what you thought of it... I'd love to know more. Can you email me at [email protected]?

Thanks!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 07-30-07 02:54 PM

Hey, not sure it ya'll know or not but there's Coupons online for the Louiaiana Boardwalk. I found them awhile ago and tonight dh said he needed a new pair of shoes. So I googled to find the list.

http://www.louisianaboardwalk.com/saving.htm

Click on the book and you'll get a pdf of the Coupons . Some good ones, buy one get one free, 10% off, 20% off, ect.

Also it's tax free weekend next weekend (I think). I know some stores at the boardwalk are doing it and walmart.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to ELynn

THANKS!!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

Yes maam... THANK YOU on the coupon info!!!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

RAININ' HERE TODAY!
YUCK!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

i think it tried to rain last night
i have no idea..lol

i havent even looked outside yet today..lol

R Miller
Expert
R Miller
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hey, does anybody know of any good s/b stores in the Tioga area? I'm thinking of making a road trip one weekend with my mom to visit relatives.

It rained here last night, and all the farmers are wanting to get in the fields to cut corn!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to R Miller

No rain here today! Been real sunny! SUppose to be sunny all weekend and very HOT!!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

well we went to the water park today..there were some threatening clouds, but they quickly passed..i got a nice tan/burn..lol. i think it started raining here while we were there though...maybe the rain clouds missed us?
either way...how have ya'll been?

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Mrs. DKK

Nice SUNNY day here for us! Weekend forecast is gonna be HOT with lots of sunshine! We got yard work to do... yuck!

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit

Anotha HOT HUMID day here! WHEW! Bless me oh Lord with FALL weather!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 08-07-07 02:06 PM

we didn't get any rain. I would LOVE a nice day of good rain. My garden needs it. I have to water almost daily in this heat. At least the heat was delayed this year. June and july weren't that bad.

I only do yard work at night, like around 8pm. otherwise, it's too hot me!

Page 2 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics