Username Post: Maryland My Maryland??        (Topic#1418827)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-14-07 07:49 AM

Anyone else from Maryland? I know there was a MD thread here some time ago, but I haven't seen one lately!!
I'm in the Bel Air area of Harford County.

Michee
Michee 
Idol
Michee
In response to Huskymom

Hi theboydbunch, I'm a Marylander also. I live on the Eastern Shore. My sister lives in your area and she's on sb.com also.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to Michee

I too live in Harford County (Edgewood). We will have to get together. I am very new to this board so not sure how to PM yet!

My GF and I scrap just about every Sunday from 12-6. I am looking to rent my community center in July for a whole bunch of people (that I already scrap with) to get together for a 12 hour session. If interested, let me know! (looking to get a total of 18-20 people for cost reasons!!)

-nc

hoop scraps
Diva
hoop scraps
In response to Fargomutt

Hello, I'm from the Carroll County area! It's nice to me some other Marylanders

ScrappyCat31
Expert
ScrappyCat31
In response to hoop scraps

Hi! I'm in Cecil County. Nancy and Boyd, there's a 12 hour crop coming up in August in Harford County. I've been to 2 here in Elkton that the same women have hosted and it's been a great time. Here's the website: www.freewebs.com/missy_the_scrapper

Nice to see you all!

Edited by ScrappyCat31 on 05-15-07 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

choir angel
Tenant
choir angel
In response to Huskymom

I'm from Washington County - Hagerstown. I know there are alot of scrapers in our area. We have the best scrapbooking store with the nicest owner and great teachers. You all are welcome to come west to try us out. We also have a ribbon outlet with great selectiion and prices. We also have Michaels and AC Moore, so shopping for scrapers is great.

New Kid On the Block
In response to choir angel

Please join us for a very special crop to raise money for phone cards for Soldiers!!

Saturday, Sept 8th 9am to 9pm
Titan Corporation, Lexington Park, MD

$40/scrapping space includes lunch, dinner, snacks and bevs!

Free make 'n takes!!

Fab goodie bags, wonderful door prizes and a terrific silent auction!

Vendors on site for shopping!

Please email me at [email protected] for a registration form.

Hope to see you there!
Kristie
Proud Navy wife whose husband is deployed to Guam!

scrappinPA
Idol
scrappinPA
In response to memorylanemaker

Hi Maryland Scrapbookers!!! I'vee been looking for you!!!!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to choir angel

• choir angel Said:
I'm from Washington County - Hagerstown. I know there are alot of scrapers in our area. We have the best scrapbooking store with the nicest owner and great teachers. You all are welcome to come west to try us out. We also have a ribbon outlet with great selectiion and prices. We also have Michaels and AC Moore, so shopping for scrapers is great.

I have been to this store and it was fantastic!!! its HUGE and the people are very nice!!
-nc

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to Fargomutt

• Fargomutt Said:
I too live in Harford County (Edgewood). We will have to get together. I am very new to this board so not sure how to PM yet!

My GF and I scrap just about every Sunday from 12-6. I am looking to rent my community center in July for a whole bunch of people (that I already scrap with) to get together for a 12 hour session. If interested, let me know! (looking to get a total of 18-20 people for cost reasons!!)

-nc

I still have space if you are interested!! The crop is scheduled for Saturday, July 21 from 9a to 9p. The cost is only $25. Food and Drinks will be provided.
-nc

minna
minna 
Resident
minna
  • minna on 07-11-07 11:43 AM
In response to Fargomutt

I am in Frederick. Let me know if there is a get-together at any point. Thanks!

hoop scraps
Diva
hoop scraps
In response to minna

• Minna Said:
I am in Frederick. Let me know if there is a get-together at any point. Thanks!

Are there any good scrapping stores in Frederick? I'm 30 minutes away from Frederick.

minna
minna 
Resident
minna
  • minna on 07-15-07 05:36 AM

Still looking. I currently use AC Moore. I heard a rumor that a new sb store came to town but have yet to find it.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to minna

There are two stores in Frederick... Scrapbooks n' More (http://pages dot frederick dot com/store/scrapbooks dot htm) and the other i just found out was up the street from this store. They can tell you the name and directions!!

There is also another store in Damascus, (Montgomery County) Roby's scrapbooking Store (http://www dot robysphotoshop dot com). I try to get to all of these stores when i am in the area (I live north of Baltimore!).

PM me if you need more info about these stores!!! or other stores in the general area!!
-nc

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to Fargomutt

Here is another store that I just LOVE!!!: http://www dot greatscraps dot biz/. They are located in Millersville (close to Annapolis).
-nc

minna
minna 
Resident
minna
  • minna on 07-25-07 09:57 AM
In response to Fargomutt

I actually just found that store on 7th street. Going there this weekend. Woohoo!

strawbvee
Guru
strawbvee
In response to minna

I live in Waldorf!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to minna

• Minna Said:
I actually just found that store on 7th street. Going there this weekend. Woohoo!

Ask them to give you directions to the store arond the corner - i cant remember the name or how to get there except that it only took 5 minutes!!!
-nc

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to Fargomutt

I to am in maryland I am in Calvert county.I am acually in Solomons.

hoop scraps
Diva
hoop scraps
In response to Fargomutt

• Fargomutt Said:
  • Minna Said:

Ask them to give you directions to the store arond the corner - i cant remember the name or how to get there except that it only took 5 minutes!!!
-nc

I was just up to Frederick today and I saw a crop til ya drop off of Monocacy Blvd. I might have to check some of these places out.

Hello Charlena!

New Kid On the Block
In response to memorylanemaker

Hey Maryland Scrappers!

Just wanted to let you all know that we still have room for a few scrappers and stampers at our Scrapping For Soldiers Crop! The procedes for this crop will be used by SoldiersAngels.org to purchase phone cards for our deployed soldiers.

The goody bags are full - and you won't believe how cool the door prizes are!!! The silent auction items are awesome and you will definitely want to be bidding on several!!!!!

Hope you will join us for a day of fun and spend some time catching up on all your scrapping projects!

Just email [email protected] for a registration form!

See you in September!

Wendy Jo
New Kid On the Block
Wendy Jo

I too live in Hagerstown. If you haven't made it to the store in my hometown, it's definately worth the trip. Their crops, classes and special events are a blast. (You don't want to miss the yard sale that they have each year!) The staff is super friendly. They take special orders and there's new product arriving weekly if not daily...hence the reason you may just bump into me when you go there. LOL!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to Wendy Jo

Ive only been to that store once - when i did the Scrapbook tour a couple of years ago. Its a great store and the people were extremely nice and very helpful!
Its just a little hike from Baltimore! but when i go to Minnesota the end of next month - i may just have to stop by there for a quickie!! LOL
-nc

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to minna

• Minna Said:

Were you able to check it out?
-nc

organized scrapper
Resident
organized scrapper
In response to Fargomutt

Please join me for the Crop for Kids at Recollections in Columbia MD. We are raising money for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation in support for our daughter.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/paigeann - for information on my daughter

September 8 & 9
Crop information http://www.paigeforhope.org/CropForKids.pdf

Hope to see you there!

organized scrapper
Resident
organized scrapper
In response to organized scrapper

UPDATE!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have lowered the price for Sunday's Crop. The price for Saturday is $65 and Sunday is $25! So if you were thinking about joining us, now is the time to sign up. The welcome packet is worth the $25 in and of itself.

For more information please visit:
http://www.paigeforhope.org/CropForKids.pdf - for crop information
www.caringbridge.org/visit/paigeann -for information on my daughter

New Kid On the Block

Hello Maryland scrappers!!!

Join us on Saturday, November 10th from 9am-9pm to crop 'til you drop! A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Cancer Institute at Franklin Square Hospital.

Details:

~Goody Bag-packed w/ scrappin' goodies from your favorite Scrapbooking Companies
~FREE Make and Takes

~Hourly Door Prize Drawings
~Contests-page layout and name tag contests
~Auctions-Silent auction to benefit the cancer institute
~Scrapbook Supply Swap-bring your unused supplies and swap!
~Tool Table
~Vendors
~Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Snacks and Drinks

Cost: $50, prepay by October 20th

and receive a free gift valued at $10!!!

Community Center at Williams Estates

3300 Eastern Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21220

To sign up or for more information,

contact Canda at 443-677-4316

or [email protected]

Check out www.candacraft.com for more info!

ShariD 
New Kid On the Block

Is anyone upset that Recollections is closing. I live in Montgomery County and went to Chantilly weekly. Where should i go now?

iluminot
Veteran
iluminot
In response to ShariD

I'm from Cecil County (someone said that earlier in the thread-- wee!).

Today we went to a 10 to 10 crop at a local Catholic school, because it was our (my aunt, cousin, and I) scrap. For $30 we had LOADS of fun, but boy did we feel amateur!

Everyone had so much stuff.

Does anyone know what crops go on in the Cecil area? I'm totally thrilled to go to another.

uneedgumbylove
Veteran
uneedgumbylove
In response to iluminot

i will be moving to columbia in january. i'd love to make some scrapbooking friends over there. i'll let you use my cricut if you'll be my friend lol

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to uneedgumbylove

I work in Columbia but live in Edgewood (40 miles north!) There is a Recollections store off Snowden River Parkway but they are closing in the first part of the new year - they havent given an actual date yet!

Welcome!!!
-nc

sn315on
Expert
sn315on
In response to Fargomutt

Oh! I will be moving to Charles County next month! I'm currently in Northern Virginia.

Dolores
Diva
Dolores
In response to sn315on

Do you know what part of Charles County????

New Kid On the Block

Hello fellow marylanders,I am from the eastern shore and have been scrappin for about 2 years. I love CTMH!!! just wanted to say hello.

New Kid On the Block
In response to nancy-sue

Mark your calendars for our next all day crop on Saturday, May 24th. The crop will be held once again at the Williams Estates Community Center in Bowleys Quarters, MD. Keep checking www.candacraft.com for more details.

Details:

Goody Bag-packed w/ scrappin' goodies from your favorite Scrapbooking Companies-Valued at over $20!
FREE Scrapbook Page Class
Games, Page Layout Contest and Hourly Door Prizes!
Auctions-Silent auction to benefit the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Cancer Institute
Scrapbook Flea Market- Bring your unused/unwanted supplies to sell at the crop
Tool Table
Vendors
Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Snacks and Drinks
Crop space available from 10am-10pm
Cost: $50. Prepay by May 1st and receive a free gift!

3300 Eastern Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21220

To sign up or for more information, contact Canda at 443-677-4316 or [email protected]

uneedgumbylove
Veteran
uneedgumbylove
In response to andakay

so i finally moved to columbia. i'd love to make some scrapping friends. it gets lonely scrapping away all day and all by myself :[

Icecat62
Veteran
Icecat62
In response to uneedgumbylove

Scrapmasters is in Bel Ai, MD (at the same intersection as the Harford Mall) and is a really nice store. Big and loaded with all sorts of goodies, plus it has a section that sells baked goods and drinks. For the people in Hagerstown, you have the Offray Ribbon store.

http://scrap-masters.com/

Rainy Morning
Veteran
Rainy Morning

Hello all,
I had posted this on the general forum page, but thought I might get a better response on the individual state pages. I'm student teaching in a second grade class and we're learning about the United States. I am requesting postcards from all 50 states. You can jot down an interesting fact about your state for the kids to learn. We've received 23 so far, but MD wasn't one of them. If anyone would be willing, I'd really appreciate some love from MD!

The address is:
Easton Elementary School
2nd grade
2901 Point Marion Road
Morgantown, WV 26505

Thanks so much!!!

Misty

Inque
Inque 
New Kid On the Block
Inque
  • Inque on 03-11-08 04:48 AM

Hello, I am a new Scrapbooker!! I live in Silver Spring.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to Inque

My CMC is having a weekend-long Crop on May 2-4 at the Ramada Inn and Conference Center in Edgewood. Here are the details:

$120* Includes (hotel is an extra $69/night):

•dinner Friday night (casual - pizza)
•breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings
•dinner Saturday night (chicken Marsala,potatoes, green beans, pasta dish, salad, rolls & butter, and my special secret recipe dessert)
•snacks (feel free to bring snacks to share, as we always run out of M&Ms)
•goodie bag (we'll, again, do the contribution thing if you want to bring something)
•doorprizes
•Album show 'n' tell
•Coffee, tea, & water
•CM "stuff" for sale and trade

If you are interested, let me know and i will give you my CMC's email. If you know anyone in the area who may be interested, please pass it along or give them my personal email address ([email protected]).

Hope you can come!!!
-nc

organized scrapper
Resident
organized scrapper
In response to Fargomutt

Hi Ladies!

I wanted to let you know that since the closing of Recollections, I needed someplace to crop. So, I have started to open my home up to others so that we could have a fun place to crop!

I will be having a small crop this weekend May 24th. From 10am to 8pm. The cost is $15 and includes a light lunch and dinner. Please let me know if you would like to join us! I am located in Wilde Lake in Columbia, MD 21044.

Again, Please contact me if you are interested, either in this crop, or if you would like me to keep you on my list for next time!

Hope to be able to meet some of you!
-Mandie

sn315on
Expert
sn315on

Hi everyone! We're all moved in and I have a SCRAP room! We're in Waldorf, just in case anyone is reading the thread. I've been cropping once or twice a month with a group in the local area.

lovepets40
Expert
lovepets40
In response to Fargomutt

hey Nancy I would be interested in the crop

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt

• organized scrapper Said:
I have started to open my home up to others so that we could have a fun place to crop!

Please let me know if you would like to join us! I am located in Wilde Lake in Columbia, MD 21044.

HI Mandie,
I would love to be put on your list. I actually work in Columbia (Rt 175 and Snowden River) but live in Edgewood (about 40 miles north of Columbia).

How big is your space? I have several GFs who like to get together every couple of months (for 'big' crops). There are 2 of us who crop just about every Sunday. Also we have A LOT OF STUFF!!!!!! When we go to my CMC's weekend-long crop (in Gaithersburg), we tend to bring everything we own!! (we also like to share) - thank goodness i own a van to haul it all!!!

Have a great day!!
-nc

P.S. If you are interested in going to a weekend-long crop, my CMC usually has one on the first weekend of February (Superbowl weekend to-boot!!). I can get you more info when she sends her email out.

Scrpbkshannon
Tenant
Scrpbkshannon
In response to Fargomutt

anyone still lurking on the eastern shore?

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to Scrpbkshannon

Hello marylanders!! I am in upper marlboro--- I'd be interested in any local crops. Pleasae let me know of any, and I'll do the same

New Kid On the Block
In response to Redeemed318

Crop on October 4th 2008 in Rosedale/White Marsh Maryland

This crop has been designed to help you get some projects done! We will start by creating 10 cards and matching envelopes using the Stampin' Up Kit that is included in your crop price! Next, we will move on to create 4 custom designed layouts during our "Layout Marathon". Those that choose to participate in this activity will also be entered to win the Queen of the Crop Grand Prize valued at over $100. There will also be fabulous hourly door prizes and a silent auction to raise funds for the Cancer Institute at Franklin Square Hospital. Space for this crop is very limited, so sign up soon! Keep checking www.candacraft.com for more details.

Card Kit Includes:

Say It With Scallops Stamp Set ($2 of each set is donated to the Ronald McDonald House)
10 cards and envelopes
Coordinating Ribbon & Embellishments
Washington Apple Designer Series SU! Paper

Layout Marathon:

Winter Layout: Featuring Blue and Brown, glittery snowflakes, polka-dot ribbon and buttons.
Spring/Summer Layout: Featuring Pink and Orange, large die cut flower paper and grosgrain ribbon.
Sparkle Layout: Featuring Blue, Black and White, glittery title, flourishes and ribbon
Polka-Dot Layout: Featuring Pink, Turquoise and Green, circle embellishments and twill ribbon.

Each Kit contains all of the basics to complete the 2 page layout. Some additional items will need to be added by each participant. All four kits can be purchased for $12. Kits may not be purchased separately. Participants can receive multiple entries in the Queen of the Crop Grand Prize (valued at over $100).

When: Saturday, October 4th 9am-9pm

Where: Community Center at Canterbury Apartments: 9206 Oswald Way, Baltimore, MD 21237

$50 fee includes: Card Kit, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Dessert and Drinks

A 50% deposit must be received at time of sign up. The deposit must be received from ALL attendees by 9/25/08. This is the only way to reserve your spot and receive the card kit. Those who do not prepay by this due date will not receive the card kit, but may attend the crop and complete the card projects. If you pay the full amount by 9/25 you will receive a free gift!

PM or email me for more details or to sign up!

Canda

1FUNSCRAPPER
Resident
1FUNSCRAPPER
In response to andakay

Hello my fellow Marylanders...how's everyone doing??

I live in Olney, which is in Montgomery County. So far it looks like I'm the only MOCO person here!!

scrappin in md
Resident
scrappin in md
In response to 1FUNSCRAPPER

hey maryland peeps ... what do you all think of Scrap-Masters in bel air? is it worth an hour or so drive?

dmc21043
Resident
dmc21043
In response to Huskymom

Hey MD scrappers. Anyone in the Baltimore area? I'm in Catonsville.

grrl79
grrl79 
New Kid On the Block
grrl79
In response to dmc21043

Im in the Hunt Valley area. I'd love to meet some other MDers for Scrapping.

New Kid On the Block
In response to grrl79

Hey Hunt Valley - I am in Hampstead, only about 20 min away! check out my website memoriesmadehere.webs.com for crop updates! Hope to scrap with ya soon!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to basketlink

bumping up!

frndly1
Idol
frndly1
In response to Fargomutt

Hello,

I am from Woodlawn area.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to 1FUNSCRAPPER

• 1FUNSCRAPPER Said:
Hello my fellow Marylanders...how's everyone doing??

I live in Olney, which is in Montgomery County. So far it looks like I'm the only MOCO person here!!

Hey there Olney......I no longer live in Maryland but visit at least twice a year....My dd lives in Poolesville.....I lived in Montgomery county for many years, my children all grew up there....I am very familiar with the area....are there lots of scrapbooking stores there????? Is Yesteryear Farm still out there??? It was my favorite antique place....I feel certain it is gone by now and some housing development has taken its place...but just thought I would ask. Let me hear from you!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87

Hey everyone! I live in Edgewood (Harford County). I've never been to a crop but I would love to find one around here!! Anyone know where I can get started?

yadee87
Diva
yadee87

hey all! im in edgewood.. any one wanna have a scrap night?

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to yadee87

Hey Marylanders, rather than email all ya'll separately, please come to my blog-A friend of mine is having a charity crop on August 29th and just like last time, I'd like to meet more folks from here.....will be posting information tonight once I get caught up on email.

kate
http://kateblue.blogspot.com/

organized scrapper
Resident
organized scrapper
In response to mizzblue

That's me! Kate's Friend!

My daughter Paige, was diagnosed at the age of 1 with a brain tumor. Http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/paigeann She underwent numerous surgeries and 33 radiation treatments. She is 5 ½ and we are cancer free. We are trying to find new ways to help fund the foundation responsible for saving our daughter. There are many families who are not so “lucky” and need there to be more research done.

I am hosting a Crop for Kids at Oliver's Carriage House in Columbia, MD on August 29th, 2009. Please join me and my family on Saturday August 29th from 10:00am to 8:00pm. The cost is $30 and includes food, door prizes, goody bags and fun! Also, there will be a raffle tickets sold for product as well!

All proceeds will go to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation http://www.pbtfus.org The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization that seeks to find the cause of and cure for childhood brain tumors as well as increase public awareness about the severity of childhood brain tumors.

Please email me or contact me @ 443-799-3670 to sign up for the Crop for Kids. All spots will be sold in advance

Sincerely,

Mandie Setzer

[email protected] .com

happyreezie
New Kid On the Block
happyreezie

I am also in Carroll County. Are you still on here? I see this post is from '07... so let me know... thanks!

MSD
MSD 
Mayor
MSD
  • MSD on 10-27-10 12:44 PM
In response to Huskymom

Hi! I am Monique. I live in Laurel, MD; PG County.

Come and join MD Scrapbooking Divas. There are scrappers there from all over MD. There are currently 455 members.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Maryland_Scrapb ooking_Div...

See ya there!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to MSD

I am looking to have a 2-day crop in early February at a VERY reasonable cost - FREE!! I have the use of a room large enough to have ~12 scrapbookers.

When: Feb 5th & 6th - ~9am to ~1am
Each person will get one 6 or 10-foot table to themselves (not exactly sure how many will fit in the room!)
Food: Not sure yet.

If you are interested, please contact me - [email protected] or PM me here!

-Nancy

MSD
MSD 
Mayor
MSD
  • MSD on 11-19-11 11:18 PM
In response to Fargomutt

Please join MD Scrapbooking Divas so we can know about your crops:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Maryland_Scrapb ooking_Div...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maryland-Scrapb ooking-Div...

lovelymae
New Kid On the Block
lovelymae

I'm in St.Mary's County. We are stationed here for 4 years.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ms.rhetta

Hi All,

I can't seem to find DC scrapbookers so I'm posting here. I live in DC not far from certain parts of Maryland and am interested in scraping with people or getting information from people who have been scrapping longer that I have. I'm a real newbie.

Thanks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics