Page 1 of 223 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Hello, friends, and welcome to our *Clean and Simple* Critique Group!

Here are some reasons you may have joined this thread:

1) To share your work with others
2) To receive honest feedback and criticism
3) To expand your scrapbooking skills
4) To learn from other members
5) To join a friendly community and get to know one another better

Here are some things you should know:

1) When able, please post a LINK to the layouts you would like to share
2) When leaving feedback or criticism, please begin with the letters “CS”
3) We hold optional challenges from time to time, sometimes with prizes
4) When participating in challenges, please PM (private message) your link to the hostess
5) Sometimes the thread gets chatty. Don’t feel overwhelmed—just hop back in!

Here are our active members:
(If you were previously a member of this group and your name is not on the list, please feel free join us again—we’d love to have you back!)

1) Lycosparks – Lauri
2) Outsidechic – Jakki
3) scrappercaz – Carolyn
4) Rileysmom06 – Becky
5) scrappindmbfan – Nancy
6) bran – Brandy
7) JHAWKEYE – Kate
8) scrapjones – BeckyJ
9) laurbernet – Lauri B
10) Reeves95 – Glenda
11) Capucine – Isabelle
12) RachelRaychef2b23 – Christy
13) Tanya71 - Tanya

HAPPY SCRAPPING!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Lycosparks

put my name down. i'll have some links comming up

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle
In response to outsidechic

I posted in the other thread too, but can I please join?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to amylashelle

Absolutely, welcome to the group!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

okay so here are some of my lo...rip them apart if you will:
pb & j
stopin"
my man

oh and for the top thing, may name it Jakki. im a graphic designer, went to school and everything. love to take pictures, hitting a blah spot right now with my sbing...but im trying not to pack it all up and put it away like i usually do when i hit this spot. and work through the blah uncreative me. i have an 16 month old DD she will be the most popular thing i scrap. i have just realized that i use my albums like visual journals as you can already see by my lo posted. so you'll see alot of everyday pictures. hmm what else i don't have a favorite color that i can think of i like them all for differnt reasons although i do have phases. i take 1000 of photos and tend to only post/scrap the best ones. i;m allergic to chocolate and woul prefer to go barefoot anywhere. my style of sbing is bold colors, distressed, not so many embellies and those are usually metalic in color, chipboard. any other questions about me just ask.

Edited by outsidechic on 05-16-07 08:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

London
London 
Veteran
London

yay! new thread!

Little introduction - I'm Shell, I'm 22 and very much a beginner at scrapbooking. I've only been into the hobby for about a year. Currently living with my fiance and our two cats. Just finished my AS degree and am currently job hunting. Due to be married in November 2008

I joined this group because I don't know anyone else who scraps and crops/classes are very hard for me.. I'm very very shy in person. I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Just added some new LO's last night
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327.html

My gallery link instead of page by page. They are the first 6 LOs

Edited by ~Shelly~ on 05-16-07 08:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-16-07 08:41 AM

I made it over here

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/23170/view/ 833701/-1...

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Oh great, you're one step ahead of me, Jakki!

As you check-in for your first time, feel free to give us a little information about yourself, including what you would like for us to call you!

Thanks, ladies!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-16-07 08:56 AM

• Lycosparks Said:

As you check-in for your first time, feel free to give us a little information about yourself, including what you would like for us to call you!

I'm Micki. I have a DH and 3 DS. We homeschool and my oldest has special needs.

For my books I scrap exclusively chronological and 8.5 x 11. I do 12 x 12 for gifts. I usually do double page layouts and "stitch" them together with software for viewing.

I am trying to use up old supplies at the moment (patterned papers, kit club embellies) but I still buy my Bazzill cardstock, embossing powders and such.

As seen in the other thread I have a MIL so my work does not have anything like hidden journaling where you have to reach in to get it.

AmyLouhoo
Idol
AmyLouhoo
In response to Keys

Ok I guess I'll head over here and tell you I'd like to join!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to AmyLouhoo

Jakki, I've left you comments! Beautiful work, I found it difficult to critique! Hope this group can help you out of your 'blah' spot!

Shell, so nice to officially 'meet you' as well! You and I are a lot alike actually. I'll post my intro soon and you'll see, lol! Hope you enjoy it here!

Micki, nice to have you! I just bought my first pack of Bazzill cardstock. Can't imagine using anything else now! Sorry to hear that you can't allow hidden journaling in your albums, LOL!

Amy, so glad you're joining us! Our other group seemed to have fizzled away, but I've tried to keep up with your layouts anyway. I just love them!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Now for a little introduction:

My name is Lauri and I am your fearless leader! I have been scrapbooking for a tad over 2 years, and have tried all sorts of styles and sizes. I feel that clean and simple 8.5x11 is my favorite way to go. I don't know anyone else who scraps, but have absolutely loved being a part of this site. Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary at sb.c!

I am turning 22 a month from today! I just graduated from college with a major in creative writing and a minor in philosophy. I am job searching right now, but don't really mind playing the part of a stay-at-home-fiance. I live in a house that I bought with my fiance Joe over 2 years ago, and we are getting married November 2007. I enjoy poetry, baking, and holidays with family. My favorite number is 14 3/4. My favorite colors are maroon and ice blue. I don't like ice cream and don't care much for chocolate. Potato chips and cookies are my weakness. Lol.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

London
London 
Veteran
London

• Lycosparks Said:

I am job searching right now, but don't really mind playing the part of a stay-at-home-fiance.

That's exactly what I am!! He actually loves it though. The apartment is always clean, always hot dinner and clean undies, what more could a guy want?

Just wanted to add a couple of favorites
Number 7, colors - blue, white and silver, I love love love fried chicken. I cant have ice cream because dairy and I don't get along. I love all things sour except for War Heads and I collect books and blue and white china.

And feel free to call me what ever you wish.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to London

dont turn me away so soon. i just love comments on my work on how i can improve, but i get tired and dont pariticually like when everyone says my lo's are spectacular. i want to earn it. oh and 2 more facts about me, i have a job as a designer (my first one job serching is a pain) to keep me sane, although i have seconds thoughts about being a sahm. and i hate laundry hate it hate it hate it, to the point that i let all the clothes get dirty and i have to ask my mil (love her to pieces to help me finish it in less than a weeks time)

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

and i spend way to much time here while im at work

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi everyone I'm Carolyn and I live in Oxford, England so I hope the different time zones don't cause any problems!! I have to go out for the evening now ( it's 7pm) and so I will get back on here later with a few more details and hopefully upload a LO or two and read all the other posts properly. Can't wait to get stuck in here and get to know some more friends!
Bye for now!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrappercaz

Please don't forget me!! I want in!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Hi, I'm Vivian, easy to remember as it's my userid too.

I've been scrapping for many years now but find that I like the clean, simple look best. Not only do they show off the pictures better but they're faster to make, too.

I'm 42 and live with my dh and 14 yo son. Our dd and her dh and two sons live on the front half of our property. You'll see lots of pix of them and my sister's twins (niece and nephew). We have a bunch of animals, some I don't want to think about (son's snakes and other creepy crawlies).

My goal for this year is get 1,000 layouts done. I hope to start "professionally" scrapping for others and doing classes for charity and some for profit.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-16-07 11:58 AM

On my "groundbreaking" LO

what do you think about me writing around the circle
(top left page) the name of the church, town and groundbreaking then (bottom left page)??

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to Keys

count me in!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-16-07 12:12 PM
In response to sunberry2

• sunberry2 Said:
count me in!

So you are the one with the yellow fish! I saw those while peeking in the gallery the other day!!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Keys

If you still have room, I would love to join.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Rileysmom06

Welcome Audrey and Becky!

Vivian, 1000 layouts is a lot in a year! Phew, good luck!!

Micki, I think that will work well! Do you have one of those white markers? Or do you think a black will show up well enough? Let us know how it works out!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-16-07 01:09 PM

I have a white marker that I've never used.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Keys

• BibleKitty Said:
On my "groundbreaking" LO

what do you think about me writing around the circle
(top left page) the name of the church, town and groundbreaking then (bottom left page)??

I liked it!

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to Keys

• BibleKitty Said:
  • sunberry2 Said:
count me in!

So you are the one with the yellow fish! I saw those while peeking in the gallery the other day!!

Yes those would be my fish. Or rather my ds fish because they're all over his room!

My intro: I'm Audrey and mostly scrap my 6 month old ds. I've been married since March 2003. I just recently came to the conclusion that I'm a "clean and simple" scrapper, but I still need lots of help! My favorite color is purple, but I do a lot of scrapping with blue too. I love Chinese food! I enjoy chocolate, but can't eat ice cream. I look forward to meeting everyone else!

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to sunberry2

• sunberry2 Said:
My favorite color is purple, but I do a lot of scrapping with blue too.

I actually need help suppressing the urge to scrap with nothing but blue!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to London

Ok, hello again, this is my proper intro....I'm 45, I live with my DH and my 2 teenage dds who are the reason for most of my scrapping. I am a qualified beauty therapist although I only work part time now - there's a limit to the number of hairy arm pits and blocked pores I can stand these days!! I also have an online shopping business which I run from home. None of the friends who introduced me to scrapbooking do it anymore (how can they do that?) so I'm very glad I found this place! As for my style...well...I'm a bit undecided at the moment and thought this group might help me decide...but do I have to decide??...I hate decisions...I find some days I love simplicity on my LOs and I'm really drawn to that style and then other days I just get it into my head that I need to do something more complex and go off at another tangent for a while. I love the colour turquoise, chocolate, the smell of fresh cut grass and watching the ocean. I hate coffee and arrogant people. So that's me, now I'm going to go and look at the LO you ladies have already posted and leave some comments. Here's a couple of mine...hope it's ok that they're not brand new...?

Photogenic

Gail and Gavin

The Bride

Bye for now.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Audrey, I love the fish! His room must be so adorable!

Carolyn, you never have to decide your style! I'll look forward to seeing everything you upload for us!

I hope the other ladies find us over here soon. Perhaps I should say "Closed" in the thread name? I'll see what happens. Hope everyone has a good night!

London
London 
Veteran
London

Left a comment on Gail and Gavin. I really loved that one!

AmyLouhoo
Idol
AmyLouhoo
In response to sunberry2

Ok everyone! I'm Amy and I've been on here for a little over a year. I've also been married for that amount of time. I'm 21 years old and am in college still. Well, sort of. I've been in an out since I've been out of high school. I've finally figured out what I wanted to do, but due to financial problems I can not attend at them moment. My hubby is going to Culinary Arts school here in Dallas and he loves it!

My scrapping style varies. I haven't ever put a lable on it, but I do mostly scrap 8 1/2 X 11. I Lauri and I'm glad to be a part of this group!

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to London

OK, I was able to get the picture off this LO

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327/view /832887/-...

and am going to take ya'lls advice and add a turquoise mat to the photo and brackets.

I just need ya'lls opinion. Should I make it one big rectangle or cut the mat to fit around the brackets?

And I really hope that made sense to someone other than me..

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to London

Count me in!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to ShirleyJB

Aw, Amy I you too!! So glad you came over here with me. We'll just keep traveling from group to group together, what do ya say! Lol.

Shell, I understand what you meant, haha! I actually think either one will look great! Either one would make both the picture and the strip with the brackets pop! Let's see what others think!

Welcome, Shirley! So good to have you! Feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself, and start sharing your work!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Ok, about me.

I'm a mom of 3, grandmother of one (she'll be in alot of my LO's). I'm a "Lunch Lady"..well, the Manager Lunch Lady, or as some of the kids say "The Lunch Teacher". School's out May 25th, so 7 days of work left and then 2 and half months off!!

I'm eclectic, like lots of styles and ways. Fave color is purple, but I seem to use alot of green in LO's.

I also like other crafts, knitting, crochet, and oil pastel painting. I'm thinking of scrapping one of my paintings, but I'll have to scan it, obviously..

My latest upload is a "Then and Now" of myself. I'm not completely happy with it..and other than needing to add my name to it, just can't put my finger on what's "not right".

Its here: http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/170625/view /834449/0...

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to ShirleyJB

I re-did "Being Stupid"

Added some other things besides just a mat.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327/view /834567/-...

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

Ok, I'm caught up on all of today's layouts!

Shirley, it is so nice to 'meet' you! Wow, so many other creative projects going on with you. I hope to experiment with crochet or knitting someday as well. Good to have you with us!

Shell, I just LOVE what you've done to the lo! It looks gorgeous!

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2

• Lycosparks Said:
Audrey, I love the fish! His room must be so adorable!

I actually just finished the LO about his room so I should have pictures uploaded tomorrow evening sometime.

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to sunberry2

Thanks for the compliment Lauri! It does look tons better

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to London

im having issues with the lo, so my only question to you all is...do i doodle or not to doodle?
little diva
you can see the pencil markings on the scan, although there are probably a million ideals there.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Thanks everyone for your comments! The idea of rounding the corners on 'The Bride' photo and/or mat was a good one - I knew it needed something but wasn't sure what!! Shelly your turquoise matt is just right and Shirley, I agree with Lauri that changing the 'and' would make a big difference. It's a great LO though.
It's great to meet you all!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-16-07 11:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Great, Audrey! I look forward to seeing it!

Jakki, I left comments! Beautiful distressed page!

Carolyn, let us know how 'The Bride' comes out after the change!

Well my fiance is away on business for two days so hopefully I'll get some scrapping done and upload some pages for you. Woke up at 4am to see him off though. So it's back to bed for me! Lol. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Thanks, everyone! I agree..the "and" is one of the things bugging me. When I first layed it out, it didn't seem to connect, but after glueing it down..it looks like a new word "thenand"

I'm going to try and lift it off..I don't have an ampersand stamp, but maybe this would be a good reason to get one.

Now, for the title with my name..my first thought is just my first name, but then I need to put my full name somewhere, because while my dd and gdd might remember who that is, on down the line, I can see questions based on what has happened within our own family and a box full of old photos that I just can't identify. I'm going to browse other layouts to get some more ideas.

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle
In response to ShirleyJB

Thought I should introduce myself. I am single with no kids. I have 2 nieces that I adore and scrap often. I got into Creative Memories scrapbooking about 5 years ago and joined sb.com a couple of months ago. I love all of the great ideas I get here. It has encouraged me to try out new techniques.

I joined this Clean and Simple group because that's what all my pages seem to end up as. I "try" to make my pages a little more free-style, but the look just isn't for me. Order is good.

I haven't been able to post any LOs because my camera was stolen in January and I'm still on the hunt for a replacement. I'll post as soon as I get a new camera!

London
London 
Veteran
London

Welcome Amy! Nice to "meet" you. So sorry to hear about the camera. Mine got stolen last summer and I got a new one for Christmas but it was a horrid 6 months without one.

Jakki and Shirley, I left some comments

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

May we call you Amy? Oh that's terrible about your camera! Still feel free to ask us questions, even though we can't see the page! We'd like to try to help anyway! Good luck finding a replacement!

I just finished another page on my Disney album. Will upload it later, but I mainly want to share with you pages from my chronological album. I'm all out of pictures for that one right now though!

London
London 
Veteran
London

An hour and a half till my fiance is supposed to get up.

(I call him hunny.. it's easier than fiance to type)

Anywho, I can't wait for him to get up.. so I can go scrap a page out of my head. My scrap area is in the bedroom and I've had this idea running through my mind all morning.

*bounces around counting the minutes*

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to London

amy that is a bummer about your camera, but for the new one make sure its one you like. my dd got bannana into our point & shoot that ended up being its demise, and dh went out and got me the same kind of p&s just the newer model to replace it. before asking me, because i had made up my mind to go to an slr, well i ended up getting both cameras. he spoils me i know and i love it. that's my story, and i was out a camera for a month.

okay so thank you all on the comments. its funny that you seemed to like my pencil marks as the doodling. there are so many on there i dont know which one to keep. and i was thinking of doing them in red, but ahh, im still not sure if i'm just going to erase them all too.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Hi everyone.

My name is Becky. I have been married for almost 4 years (5/31) and have a 14 mo old dd. She is the main focus of my scrapping. I have been scrapping since January 2007--yes you read correctly. I have thrown myself full force into this and just love it. Luckily, my DH is happy that i finally have a hobby and so he fully supports me doing this.

I love purple too, i also love blues and browns.

I have a lot of LOs to catch up on for comments and will post some of my links later this afternoon. My boss just left for the day, so i think i will take the afternoon off, go home and clean the house, and then hop back on the computer and start looking at all the LOs.

Thanks for letting me join. I look forward to chatting with you all!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi Becky and anyone else I haven't said hello to yet. I've been on this computer too much today - I can't believe that a few months ago I didn't even know this place existed and now I'm SOOO addicted!

This isn't really a scrapping question as such (but I can't get an answer on the appropriate forum) but...are any of your ladies a whizz with Photoshop? I have a question which I won't bore you with 'til I know if anyone might be able to help but I hope you don't mind me asking this here.

I'm off to check out a couple of your galleries that I haven't seen yet.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Lol, Shell. Hope you're enjoying your scraptime now that your 'hunny' is up!

I know, Jakki! I thought it was funny even while I was suggesting it, lol! But hey, it just might work. Let us know how the page turns out!

Wow, Becky! Can't believe you only started in January! Such a beautiful gallery. And we have another fan of purple I see! My gallery is actually lacking in purple; I look forward to seeing some nice layouts!

Carolyn, you can ask anything you want here! But I'm sorry--I personally have absolutely zero experience with Photoshop! Hope someone else here can help you! Good luck!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i use photoshop, but im not a pro, you can ask.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

my DH is a photoshop wiz...he is forever taking pictures and adding his friends, or distorting them...etc.
what's your question and i will see if he can help.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

Add Mother Goose to the list.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I made it here too!

I'm Nancy. I also just started scrapping in January of 2007. I threw myself in feet first and there's no getting out now. I'm loving it.

I'm a 32yr old mom of 2. My ds is 11 and my dd is 9 (going on 15 quickly lol). I'm happily married and love our little family, including 2 dogs.

My favorite color is purple, but I've found I scrap with blue and pink the most. I'm finding that some of the advanced techniques don't strike my fancy so I'm liking the "keep it simple" concept. I scrap 12x12 and am working on albums for my kids. I'm overly picky an that doesn't help the process go quickly.

I have two jobs. By day I'm a map maker for a public transportation agency and by night I'm a certified framer at Michaels (great place to have a discount when you're a scrapper;))It stinks to have two jobs, but at least if I have to do it at least I enjoy the second job.

I also am on sb.com way too much at work during the day lol thank goodness for that minimize button and a fast processor

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 10:10 AM

Thank you so much for doing this!! I am so excited!

Bran

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle
In response to Bran

OK, well I have been contemplating which camera to buy so this morning I went to Wolf and ended up coming home with one! So good news....I can play! Here's a couple of my most recent layouts. I wish I had done something to make the middle photo in "Almost 3" to stand out more.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/149163 /IMG_0001...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/149163 /IMG_0003...

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

amy--i think with the almost 3 lo, you just coverd up to much of the picture with the diagonal, and maybe should go to a smaller print size of the photos. i actually struggle sometimes on where to over lap picture, and have just droped them on the table and used what came from that, lol. i like the lo though the feeling it gives is strong.

just a question: why on some of the links it sends you to just the pic where you cant add comments?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I was thinking the same thing about making the pictures on the ends a bit smaller. If you don't want to do that, maybe rounding the corners on the end pictures would help to cut off enough that you see more of the middle picture. It's a cute LO!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Hi Lauri - I'm glad to see you got enough interested ladies. I am very interested so officially count me in!

I run a licensed childcare - I am a professionall multi-tasker - I go back and forth on this site all day while working - I have a laptop.

I may not be "here" when my site says "on-line" but it means I'm close and at some point returning.

Thanks for organizing the group. I have a Childcare meeting tonight that I've been preparing for all week - I'll be back on later this evening and read thru all the members and get acquainted.

Have a GREAT afternnon!

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle

• outsidechic Said:
just a question: why on some of the links it sends you to just the pic where you cant add comments?

I think its the way I linked them. I linked directly to the photos, not to the gallery. Thanks for asking, I'll know not to do it again!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Im a Believer

Welcome to Kay, Nancy, Bran, and Judy!!

Nancy, another fairly new scrapper! Can't even tell; you are so very talented! Nice to 'meet' you!

Amy, I agree with Jakki on the 'Almost 3' layout! However, I know ink can be expensive. So perhaps you could just crop the top and bottom photo a bit! Maybe even add a few mini flowers along the bottom of the patterned paper . Love all of the little clips! Such a cutie! As for the 'Thank Heaven' lo, such a lovely page! Love the torn paper!

Jakki, if I'm not mistaken, I believe when Amy linked us to her page, she had clicked on it, sending us to the jpg location rather than the page where we can comment.

It's probably easier to link us to the commenting page, but wherever we're brought to, we'll send comments your way no matter what!

Judy, so glad to have you here! Another multi-tasker, eh? It's so nice to 'meet' you too. I look forward to seeing your work!

** I have written everyone's name on the first post of this thread. If you would rather be called by something else, please let me know! Thanks! **

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-17-07 11:21 AM

ON the "Almost 3" -- what about a little frame tilted a little out of chipboard in a color complementary to the LO to help it focus in so to speak

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• amylashelle Said:
  • outsidechic Said:

I think its the way I linked them. I linked directly to the photos, not to the gallery. Thanks for asking, I'll know not to do it again!

It's better to right click on the thumbnail of your image in your gallery and select "copy shortcut." That link will send people to where they can leave comments. So even if you already have your image opened, click on the thumbnail above it to get the link.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Amy, what about tilting the other photos where more of the center photo shows? And placing the center photo on top of the other two with the new placement?

Matting one photo while not matting the others usually gives that photo more "draw."

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I think this is a critigue group and I should be leaving suggestions but I'm hesitant to do that.

If a direct question is asked, I'll answer otherwise I feel like I'm only telling what I would do, not what they should do.

So I've just been leaving love.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Vivian, whatever you are comfortable doing is fine with us!

Would you like for us to do the same with the layouts that you post?

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i like hearing what others would do with my lo, its what a crit is all about. just cause it has been said doesnt mean i have to follow it. but it give me a different way to look at my work, after i have turned it upside down, re aranged it 9 times before that, its a fresh look. and please, everyone, tell me what you would do to my lo.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

wow this is an active place, i like it. now only if i can work on los at much as i spend on here.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Lycosparks Said:
Vivian, whatever you are comfortable doing is fine with us!

Would you like for us to do the same with the layouts that you post?

Turnabout is fairplay, right? Yes, I'll ask a question. Normally it will be about spaces or spacing or colors. My biggest struggle is choosing colors especially if it's patterned paper . Thanks.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-17-07 11:59 AM

• VivianR Said:
I think this is a critigue group and I should be leaving suggestions but I'm hesitant to do that.

Do whatever you like but please don't feel uncomfortable leaving suggestions. You could start it in question form "Have you ever experimented with photo corners? I think your 45th photo from the right would look cool with some" (or something like that)

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Keys

45th photo from the right! LOL.

Jakki, I agree! I'm really pleased with how this has taken off! Seems like it'll be a great group!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

** A suggestion has been brought to my attention! In order to separate our critiques on layouts from the 'love' of other neighbors not within the group, perhaps we should begin with the letters 'CS' for 'Clean and Simple.' This would make it easier to distinguish our comments. **

I think this would be a good idea. Would everyone be all right doing this?

London
London 
Veteran
London

• VivianR Said:

If a direct question is asked, I'll answer otherwise I feel like I'm only telling what I would do, not what they should do.

So I've just been leaving love.

I actually like being told what would look better on something. I don't have anyone in RL that scraps so sometimes I feel like I'm floundering around and don't know if I'm getting better or worse..

Hunny's opinion only goes so far I mean he says everything looks good..

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-17-07 12:16 PM

• Lycosparks Said:
** A suggestion has been brought to my attention! In order to separate our critiques on layouts from the 'love' of other neighbors not within the group, perhaps we should begin with the letters 'CS' for 'Clean and Simple.' This would make it easier to distinguish our comments. **

If I can remember to do it!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• Lycosparks Said:

Excellent idea - I had wondered about other neighbours seeing my comments and wondering if they were asked for!!

So for Becky and Jakki (and anyone who knows anything about Photoshop) I'd be eternally grateful if you can answer this for me - in simple non techno language please LOL. When I have finished editing a photo I click on 'Save as' and complete (I think) that process but then when I go back to my organizer it says 'Edit in progress' with a red band/padlock across it - what am I doing wrong?

Hello to you new ladies..after my meal (it's 9pm hre in the UK and dh was home late tonight) I'm going to come back and catch up on galleries and LOs - there's so much talent here and you all seem so nice...this is going to be fun!

London
London 
Veteran
London

• Lycosparks Said:

sounds good to me!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to London

carolyn--sorry i have no ideal what to tell you.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Hello Ladies, Count me in... I've never done a Critique group before, so this should be fun.
My name is Becky.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to scrapjones

Welcome, Becky! So good to have you!!

Thank you all for embracing the new suggestion! I agree that it will make things easier. Then that settles it!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to scrapjones

Carolyn, my DH wanted to know if you were saving your photos as .jpg when you were saving it. He thinks that may be you aren't and that it's saved with the photoshop (.psd) try saving it as a .jpg or .tif
LMK

I am update to date on comments!!!
There are some really nice LOs out there...i will get a few of mine linked later tonight!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

OK fine, let me get on the bandwagon here! Here is the most recent addition to my chronological album. It is *extremely* C&S, but I am quite proud of it.

Friends

TFL, ladies!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Hello everyone...sorry it took so long to join the fun...

My name is Kate...i'm 38 and live in Iowa with my 11 yr old ds and my dh of 8 months (and the dog and cat that came with him ) I've only been scrapping since March 2007...but I'm here to tell you I got the shopping part down! I have a lot of catching up to do as far as scrapping my son's life...and have found that I am more random than chronological...but I'm ok with that. I also like to scrap pics of my niece. Working on the dh to let me scrap him, he's not too keen on the idea but like everything else I will wear him down...

My favorite color is chocolate...my favorite food is chocolate...and if I were stranded on a desert island I would take chocolate and Paul McCartney!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn lots!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:46 PM

Ok, I am finally able to write a little something.

Hi Everyone, I am Brandy. I am 27 and a mother to a 9 month old (who is teething) which is why it took me a while to get on here. I am own my own business so that keeps me very busy. But I am also somewhat of a stay at home mom in the sense that my son goes to work with me and is with me 24/7. I am married and I am working on baby number 2. Wish me luck

I am currently working on my son's baby book so all of my pages with be about my pregnancy and my son. His book is 8.5 x 11 but my next book which will hopefully be my wedding album will be 12x12.

I would like to add more dimension and depth to my pages. So that is my goal.

I have commented on everyone's page who left a link to a page!

Here are mine. I will break them up
Pregnancy Test
Father's Love

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

The CS at the beginning of our comments makes sense. That means I'll need to check this thread first, too. Otherwise I might comment from another source and not realize it.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:49 PM
In response to Bran

a few more
10 weeks
13 weeks
a very blurry15 weeks

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:51 PM
In response to Bran

Last two pages for now
19 weeks

24 weeks

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions, ladies! I especially like changing the "Then and Now" to the dates. I'm going to see if I can lift them off..if not, then on my daughter's I will use those suggestions.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:52 PM

• VivianR Said:
The CS at the beginning of our comments makes sense. That means I'll need to check this thread first, too. Otherwise I might comment from another source and not realize it.

What? What does this mean? I don't know if I understand english today

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

Hi, I'm Jaime.

I'm 28 years old. I've been married for nearly four years. No children yet. I work as the a communications coordinator for one of the largest school district's in the nation. It's always challenging.

I've been scrapping for nearly 10 years now. I love it. I love the simple look and believe that for me the photos and the journaling and the story should be the focus, not the embellishments. I go nuts when the message is lost in the mess of products.

My favorite color is pink. I love to ballroom dance, read, scrapbook - of course, travel. Someday I hope to be a SAHM and a great cook - there's just no time for cooking now.

Can't wait to improve my work and get to know all of you.

Here is my first lo for critique. I selected this one because it may be one of my submissions for CK's SOY contest but I worry there is no focal point and it is too muted. Thoughts?
traditions

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • VivianR Said:

It just means we agreed to start our comments with *CS* so that our comments on neighbours LOs are seen as part of a critique group and not just random suggestions!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • VivianR Said:

Hi, Bran. It was suggested we precede our comments for this critique group with the initials CS so people know the neighbor and the suggestion is from this thread.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:57 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
  • Bran Said:
  • VivianR Said:

It just means we agreed to start our comments with *CS* so that our comments on neighbours LOs are seen as part of a critique group and not just random suggestions!

Oh ok, so in the gallaries start our comments with CS... I told you I was a little bit today

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to

LOL Kate! And welcome! I too love Sir Paul... saw him twice in concert! ::sigh::

Welcome, Brandy! So good to have you! Good luck with baby #2; so exciting!!

Glad to see you here, Jaime! Ballroom dancing, how interesting! I hope to learn how to do that someday. Sounds like so much fun.

It was so nice to see so many 'CS' comments on my lo! Thanks everyone! I may mat the photo, and I really love the idea of moving the ribbon up so it can be seen better. I'll go ahead and update the first post. We now have 20 people, 18 of whom are currently active. Yay!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Thanks for all your comments ladies...I intend to alter 'The Bride' LO but it's in an album I've lent to my Mum to show someone at the moment - I'll try and remember to repost when I get it back! I like the idea of matting 1 little photo in the 'Photogenic' LO but I hadn't thought about moving the title - I tend to like just off centre stuff...I'll mull over that one!

Becky - thank your dh for his suggestion - I will check that out next time I'm playing around in PS.

I've left comments for a few more LOs already so off to do some more now!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

Here's another one I recently posted. It hasn't received much attention and so I am wondering what is off about it. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?These girls

TIA!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 02:32 PM
In response to Jaime Lynne

Thank you so much for you comments. They are truly helpful.

On the page with the pregnancy test. I found my original journal entry. It is much longer and more detailed and I was thinking of add that to the page in place of what was already there. I do believe it would take up a lot of the page.

From now on, I am going to post my pages in their "pre-glue" form! Your suggestions are great! I especially love it when I just get it right

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

WOW!! All caught up on comments to here! You ladies certainly keep me busy. But I really enjoy it; there is so much talent here.

Oh and Brandy, I like your idea about posting the 'pre-glue' stage. That will really help when making changes!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Oh that's a good idea for new LOs - I thought it might be just me wondering if i'd actually be able to re-do any of my LO to incorporate your suggestions!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 02:53 PM

I am WAY to anal to be trying to un-glue anything! If I get a little speck of ink on a page I have to redo the whole thing!

I don't know what I am going to do with the already done pages!

Page 1 of 223 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics