Page 2 of 223 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
I am WAY to anal to be trying to un-glue anything! If I get a little speck of ink on a page I have to redo the whole thing!

I don't know what I am going to do with the already done pages!

LOL

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to Bran

I just added the LO I did this evening. I'd had the idea rolling around in my head all day. It was a bit of a challenge for me because I promised my fiance that I would not buy anything new for a couple of weeks so I had to use what I already had. And I don't really have much of a stash. The lyrics are hand written on plain velum because we don't have a printer.

This LO is the first one I've done for the new album that I have in mind to do. A music album. More here:
http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/139327/view/734 17.html

What I love the most about this page (besides the song lyrics) are the ZIG zag boarders. I tried to symbolize that as my "broken road"

LO : http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327/view /835597/-...

Now to catch up on everyone elses

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 03:15 PM
In response to London

Shelly, your first link goes to your blog. I am not sure what page you intended to link here. But I did comment on your second link.

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to sunberry2

Welcome Kate it's so nice to meet you. And you also Brandy and Jamie. Looks like we have a lot of book lovers here!

Left some comments for Brandy and Jamie

There is one of mine I wanted you guys to check out. I really like it but I'm not sure on it.. ya know?
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327/view /666475/-...

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to London

Yes, I know about the blog link. That was on purpose.

The idea I had for a new album and the story behind it is there. I posted it so ya'll could see the reason behind making the page I just made.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to London

I like that suggestion too Becky, to mat 'The Bride mat onto black - there's so many good ideas coming out it makes me wonder why I didn't think of any of them myself but I guess that's the point here!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 03:20 PM
In response to London

Oh ok, sorry. It has been a very long day for me today. I am surprised any of you even understand my gibberish

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to London

Hello All, I've been busy trying to catch up looking and commenting on all the great lo's! I'm excited to be in my first critique group! Anyway a little about me before it gets to late... My name is Becky I am a 27 year old SAHM with three girls 6,3,almost 2. I'm married to my best friend going on 8 years. I've been scrapbooking for over 10 years and still love it. I love a lot of styles, but esp. clean and simple! I love any kind of crafts. My favorite color is Black! That is just if I had to pick one! I love color, but my favorite combos are black, red , cream, and green. Oh and PINK and BROWN,and Blue... Ok so don't ask me to choose!! I love to workout, and do it a lot. Over the past 9 months I have lost close to 50 lbs! I'm not there yet, a few to go! The problem is that I also love food! I am a severe chocoholic! I'm excited to get to know you all!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to scrapjones

Hey Bran,
What part of Arizona do you live in?

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Ok here is my first lo... go ahead let me have it!

This Man

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 03:42 PM

• scrapjones Said:
Hey Bran,

I am in Scottsdale. You?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Shell, I left you comments on your lo's and blog.

Becky, good for you, girl! I wish I enjoyed working out as much as you. Glad to have you join us!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Lycosparks

Goodnight ladies - it's nearly 1 a.m. here and I need some kip. I'll catch up with you all again tomorrow.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 03:54 PM
In response to scrappercaz

Just marking my spot

London
London 
Veteran
London

That was a really good idea about taking a black marker and going around the pic on the Arch page. I just might have to do that!!

Also, Lauri, I was planning on making the music album a full length album. It would probly take me a while to do it.. but there are definitely enough songs I love to fill it. I was working a little on it last night and already have 8 songs in mind. Also, my father passed away years ago and this was kinda my way to do something to show how much his love of music affected me. Hence adding a page for him also..

Becky, I left you a comment, I really like that LO you did. The colors are just wonderful.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Ok, i am ready for your comments and suggestions.

I did this for the May Keyword Challenge with a twist..(use the word heart and have 3 hearts that are not red) i already think that i should have done my journaling different...TFL
I "Heart" U

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Rileysmom06

We have two beckys in this group...we either need to be becky 1 and 2 or something else LOL

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • scrapjones Said:
Hey Bran,

I am in Scottsdale. You?

I am in Queen Creek. Also known as BFE!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 04:21 PM

• scrapjones Said:
  • Bran Said:
  • scrapjones Said:
Hey Bran,

I am in Scottsdale. You?

I am familiar with it.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

• Rileysmom06 Said:
We have two beckys in this group...we either need to be becky 1 and 2 or something else LOL

I agree, I will be BeckyJ and you can stay Becky Hope this helps!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • scrapjones Said:
  • Bran Said:
  • scrapjones Said:
Hey Bran,

I am in Scottsdale. You?

I am familiar with it.

I used to live in Mesa, I like Scottsdale, my dh used to do a lot of work up there, but hasn't in a while.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Well that will make things easier. I believe we have 2 Amy's as well!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

• scrapjones Said:
  • Rileysmom06 Said:

I agree, I will be BeckyJ and you can stay Becky Hope this helps!

Well Becky J, i know that you and i can keep this straight, lets see how the rest of our group does!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Thanks for the great comments left on my LO!

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2

Wow! This is going to be difficult to keep up with. But lots of fun! Ok, here's the nursery LO I promised to show off and a couple others...
Nursery
Nursery2
Visitors This one has pockets which hold a letter to ds from the visitor. I know I still need to add my title, but I'm debating moving the middle picture closer to one side.
Boppy Another that I still need to add the title to. Boppy? Tummy time? Journaling also coming.

All suggestions appreciated!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 07:45 PM

I've lived all over AZ from Pinetop to East Mesa and North Phoenix

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 08:22 PM
In response to Bran

One more lo for you to look at. This one is a Work in progress

Edited by Bran on 05-17-07 08:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

I left comments on your lo.

It's funny, my parents live in Lakeside, they moved from Pinetop a little while back, and we are moving to Linden, in the next year or so.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Becky J - love your signature quote, one of my all time favourites!
I've caught up now I think and left lots of comments...it is a busy group isn't it! But then again, it's the first one I've ever been part of so I have nothing to compare it too really.
I hope to have a new C and S LO to upload later,
Have a good day!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:

From now on, I am going to post my pages in their "pre-glue" form! Your suggestions are great! I especially love it when I just get it right

Yes! I can't "unglue" from the LO I posted, so its pretty much as is, other than adding a title at the bottom. I tried..it would tear the paper.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-18-07 02:55 AM
In response to ShirleyJB

I am shocked to see this many sunny state people in one group!! (and from places I've actually visited!!)

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Morning everyone! I've gone through and left a few comments. I have a page I'm stuck on so I'm gonna try to find some time this weekend to upload an "unglued" LO. I'm stuck on how to arrange it and which papers to use. I'm at that stage where I'm not buying anything else and trying to use up my stash, so that's most likely not helping.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-18-07 05:31 AM
In response to scrappindmbfan

• scrappindmbfan Said:
I'm at that stage where I'm not buying anything else and trying to use up my stash, so that's most likely not helping.

I'm using up stash too.

I'm giving blood Sunday. Thats the only thing I know of now.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Keys

I'm working all day tomorrow at job#2 and then Sunday I'm having a CTMH gathering. It's a very small gathering, I don't know anyone interested in crafty/scrappy stuff. It should still be a good time though.

I hope giving blood isn't too painful. I have super small veins so when I do it, it takes 5 tries and I'm bruised for days. I'm always willing though. It's a good cause

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-18-07 05:49 AM

• scrappindmbfan Said:

I hope giving blood isn't too painful. I have super small veins so when I do it, it takes 5 tries and I'm bruised for days. I'm always willing though. It's a good cause

So far the people here have been pretty good. Now in our other town when I was pg with #1 I looked like I had been in a fight with a bear and lost. An elder at church even pulled me aside and asked if there were any "problems" at home! I only recently told DH that one!

Speaking of bears. We had one on the loose this morning! It was not too far from the house! (and I live in a heavily populated area). The bear ended up tripping one of the automatic doors at OUR medical center!! Game and wildlife have him cornered behind a desk!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Good morning to all...I have also gone through and left comments, think I got them all I should have a LO ready tonite for my first critique...yippee!! Feel free if you're bored at work today to look in my gallery and comment on something already there.

Justa question...when browsing through the main gallery...do you just look at LO's or do you actually take the time to comment when you see something you like? Just wondering...as I was feeling kinda bad that I wasn't getting many comments on my stuff, then later caught myself browsing the gallery and thinking this or that was cute/pretty/neat etc, but then not leaving a comment. So now I've resolved to try to comment on anything that catches my eye...but was wondering what other's gallery browsing style was.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to JHAWKEYE

I leave comments probably half the time i am looking through galleries...sometimes it depends on how fast my computer is going...the longer it takes to upload, the less likely i am to leave comments!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-18-07 06:13 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:

Justa question...when browsing through the main gallery...do you just look at LO's or do you actually take the time to comment when you see something you like?

I try to leave a comment. I also try to be specific about what caught my eye and I like rather than just "pretty" although some are pretty and its hard to pinpoint what is specifically appealing.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Saturday I am going to a gala at the country club with my fiance's co-workers. Not sure if it'll be as formal as it sounds; we'll see! Sunday he and I hope to get together with a friend for lunch and mini-golf. We're such dorks.

Kate, I know exactly what you mean. I used to just browse without taking the time to comment. But in recent months I've been leaving comments on a lot of them that I enjoy, even if it's just a short and sweet 'love this' comment. I know how I feel when people leave comments, so I try to at least acknowledge their talents.

I will catch up on lo's in a little bit here. Just got back from the grocery store and I still need to straighten up a bit. Hope to do some baking today before my honey gets home too! Hope everyone has a good day!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

I wanted to ask a general question to the group regarding dates on los...

So many times I see a lo that does not include the date of the photo or event. Are people dating the backs of their los? Or is it hidden somewhere on the page? I see this a lot in the main gallery, too. I'm thinking it's important to include the date for posterity's sake and in 10 years when I look at a photo or page, I most likely will not remember that in such and such a year I was 25 years old or my child was three.

Any thoughts?

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne
In response to Jaime Lynne

Oh, and I browse the gallery daily. When I see a lo that pops for me I always leave a comment. It's a good way to make someone's day, make a new friend and increase my post count.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-18-07 07:31 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
Justa question...when browsing through the main gallery...do you just look at LO's or do you actually take the time to comment when you see something you like?

For this group, I have only been commenting on what you link. There are so many links and I really don't have a ton of time. So I only comment on what you link for us, but there is nothing wrong with you linking what is already in your gallery!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-18-07 07:34 AM

As far as dates go, sometimes I will write them very small under the photo. It may not show well in the scan but you can see it on the lo. I typically don't write and actual date though, I will write and age or a time period. Like for the baby's book, I will just write "5weeks" really small next to an ultrasound.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I think i just plain forget to date things.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

I always date my pages! The only exception is when I am doing a series of pages about the same event. Then the date will only appear on one of them. I think it's very important!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

I date every page on the front because I don't want to have to pull the page out of the protecter later to check the back. And the date can be it's own design element, like the title or journaling. I think it is important, too.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I date everything. No questions asked. My mother was a family historian/genealogist and I saw first hand how importatnt a date is generations later (I hope my books survive generations!). I either incorporate it into the design elements or I'll write it small in the corner or something to that effect.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

As for commenting, I only comment when something really strikes me. I don't leave comments very often. I find a lot of times someone else has already commented on the same thing I like and I don't want to be redundant, I guess I'm kinda shy too.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I just want to thank everyone for the suggestions i have received so far on my LO. Everytime i've received one, i've thought "hmmm" to myself. It's given me so new ideas!!! Thanks everyone!

London
London 
Veteran
London

Good morning everyone!! Catching up on posts. sorry if it's long..

• scrappindmbfan Said:
I'm at that stage where I'm not buying anything else and trying to use up my stash, so that's most likely not helping.

I also promised I wouldn't buy anything new for a while. Paper I'm fine on. But I don't have much when it comes to quotes/sayings/alpha rub-ons and stickers.

This weekend is my cousin's graduation. Tonight I'm driving up to Georgia for the event and tomorrow driving back up for her party. Going up early tonight so I can give her the book without so many people being around. Thank pete it's only an hour drive.

• JHAWKEYE Said:
when browsing through the main gallery...do you just look at LO's or do you actually take the time to comment when you see something you like?

I do leave comments when something catches my eye and occasionally favorite it when it's really something I like. But I've just started browsing the gallery. And I have noticed that if you just browse it only the really awesome stuff shows up first, but if you search for something with a particular word in everything shows up, the awesome stuff to the beginners. When someone does leave a comment on one of mine I always go check their gallery out to return the niceness.

• Lycosparks Said:
Hope to do some baking today before my honey gets home too!

Sometimes I think it would be easier if we could just type DH. Thats the way I think of him, even if it's not legal yet.

I also try to date things when I know the date. Most of my sisters pages I did not know it. And the one I did last night, those pics were taken before I met him so I do not know the date. If I don't date things and I know the age I'll do that so at least in years down the road I can do the math..

YAY! I'm all caught up!! Hope this post doesn't look too messy.

Edited by ~Shelly~ on 05-18-07 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

It didn't look messy at all. One thing about us CS scrappers, we're always so neat, lol.

I could never write dates or any info on the backs of my lo's. And when I do hidden journaling, I always make sure it sticks out a bit and is obvious. I'm just worried they'd never been seen otherwise!

I think it's funny how when I leave comments in the main gallery, I often see a few of your names below mine. We enjoy the same styles; I guess we're all in the right place, huh!

London
London 
Veteran
London

I just wanted to ask ya'll .. when buying tools where do you go? A chain like HL or Joanns or your LSS?

I've been thinking instead of adding to my stash I'd concentrate on buying new tools for now. I've only got the basics.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • VivianR Said:
The CS at the beginning of our comments makes sense. That means I'll need to check this thread first, too. Otherwise I might comment from another source and not realize it.

What? What does this mean? I don't know if I understand english today

I'm in other challenges/threads with several people who are part of this challenge. So checking this thread frist will help me with my comments/suggestions and save me time.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I agree it's impirtant to include the basic dates, names etc but I don't always want to make it part of the LO so I (try to remember to) include it on the back of the photo or mat. You're right , it might seem onvious now but we easily forget details over the years!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:
I just wanted to ask ya'll .. when buying tools where do you go? A chain like HL or Joanns or your LSS?

I don't have an LSS. Or a Michaels, a Joanns, or HL... I go to AC Moore for now. But last month I bought supplies from sb.c for the first time! Will probably keep doing that; I was so pleased with the selection of brand name items!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Jaime Lynne Said:

So many times I see a lo that does not include the date of the photo or event. Are people dating the backs of their los? Or is it hidden somewhere on the page? I see this a lot in the main gallery, too. I'm thinking it's important to include the date for posterity's sake and in 10 years when I look at a photo or page, I most likely will not remember that in such and such a year I was 25 years old or my child was three.

Any thoughts?

Since I scrap chronologically, I don't feel I need to date every layout. Plus when I scan them, I label them by date for example: 20070518-01.jpg. This also helpe me to track my own info. Plus I scrap calendars in my scrapbook to help me even remember that I had a dentist appt that month.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • JHAWKEYE Said:

For this group, I have only been commenting on what you link. There are so many links and I really don't have a ton of time. So I only comment on what you link for us, but there is nothing wrong with you linking what is already in your gallery!

I almost ALWAYS leave a comment. It takes longer to download the image and look at it as it does for me to leave a comment usually. See my post counts.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:

I've been thinking instead of adding to my stash I'd concentrate on buying new tools for now. I've only got the basics.

I love gadgets. I've got several craft stores in my area and they're always having sales, or clearances. Plus they have Coupons .

With gadgets you get to use them again and again. I'm into die cuts, so I have a Sizzix machine and Sidekick along with a Wishblade and other various shape cutting tools. And I stil occasionally do something free hand for heck of it!

Currently, I've been making tear bears and found that my Chizzel-it is great for "tearing."

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Whew, finally caught up!! I tried to leave comments on everything that was linked here. Please let me know if I missed yours.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-18-07 09:03 AM
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:

By tools do you mean...paper and stuff or like...paper cutters and equipment?

If it is just stuff like paper and embellishments and stuff like that I so to LSS and if I am at a discount like Big Lots I will grab some stuff. For more expensive stuff like cutters and such, I go Craigslist then Ebay then Walmart. In that order!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I mostly buy my tools at Michaels because I work there. My LSS doesn't have a huge selection of tools. I don't buy tools very often, but I usually get some ideas about what I want by looking online before I buy something. I got a lot of my CM tools off of evilbay.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-18-07 09:06 AM

• Jaime Lynne Said:

Any thoughts?

All my books are chronological with boring titles "2000", "2001", "2002"... We do have the odd one out "wedding" but I kind of know when that happened. SO I don't date the actual LO unless I'm just want to for whatever reason.

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

• VivianR Said:
Since I scrap chronologically, I don't feel I need to date every layout. Plus when I scan them, I label them by date for example: 20070518-01.jpg. This also helpe me to track my own info.

Vivian, I used to do this, but once an old album of my grandmothers and some of my own albums fell off the shelf and the pages all slipped out. It was nearly impossible to put it back together since the dates weren't listed anywhere on the photos or the page. I can never be sure that my books are going to stay together. Just a thought for you.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-18-07 09:10 AM

Also, you don't know who will have this album decades from now, and they may not know the dates

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-18-07 09:14 AM
In response to Keys

I got my Sidekick ($15) off of Amazon and my dies off of Evilbay or CX.

My smaller tools I have purchased at HL or Walmart.

Some of my paper I got out of a kit club but I'm out of the kit club now and am trying to use it all up. I do like Joanns (DCWV) or HL (Bazzil). I may have to check our LSS now that I'm out of the kit club.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-18-07 09:16 AM
In response to Bran

I just wanted to offer this link to you guys. I know there was a page on here recently that the scraper (I will go back and look who it was) had 3 photo's layered on one another and we all left several comments about one of them being obscured to much.

With that in mind take a look at this page http://www.designing-moments.net/blog/ scroll down to Template Freebie dated May 17th

I really like what she did here (this is digital but still) and even though the picture is cut off it is an amazing look! I think.

Note--- It was Amy Lashelle's Almost 3 page

Edited by Bran on 05-18-07 09:20 AM. Reason for edit: added scrappers name

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Jaime Lynne Said:
  • VivianR Said:
Since I scrap chronologically, I don't feel I need to date every layout. Plus when I scan them, I label them by date for example: 20070518-01.jpg. This also helpe me to track my own info.

Vivian, I used to do this, but once an old album of my grandmothers and some of my own albums fell off the shelf and the pages all slipped out. It was nearly impossible to put it back together since the dates weren't listed anywhere on the photos or the page. I can never be sure that my books are going to stay together. Just a thought for you.

How frustrating! I can see where that's a problem.

When I did an old ablum for my parents, I had to guess at alot of the dates, really ranges and I ordered the layouts to the best of my abilities. I put page numbers on the backs of each layout. So if they did ever fall out, it wouldn't be too hard to set them right again.

Before a layout gets put into any of my albums, it's scanned and the date is in its name. So I have a back up there. Plus now there's no way I can have an entire year in one album. Some albums are only for a month or a major event (like weddings, 80th or 70th birthday celebrations, etc.). I use regular notebooks since I mainly scrap 8.5x11 layouts. I use those that let you slide titles into the spines and fronts.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm all about backing up stuff. I've very organized digitally. I have my photos in folders by year then months under that and then days under that. Some days may have more than one folder. Then all my scanned in layouts are stored under that year and since they're named by dates their in order. This way I can usually burn a CD and do them by years.

It's the real paper stuff that burying me.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Bran

yikes i'm all caught up, cant leave this link for too long or you'll get lost.

okay, i date my pages but it depends if i know the date i'll put it down. but usually its just the month and year, or age.

tools i dont' have a lot of stuff and follow the good eats philosophy of every tool needs to be a multi-tasker. love my exato knife, and my cirlce cutter doesn't multi-task. and i usually look at an item and think how easy it would be to make it my self and ususally make my own embellies, but i have a shilloute to cut out letters because that is just to dang time consuming, but that was before i discoverd chipboard...but i still like to cut that out myself.

i try to comment on everything, unless i get to far back and have to speed read to catch up then i just comment on those that catch my eye, or in this case that i can see something that could change. i used to love the crits in school where all the work would be up on the wall and the prof. would call on some one and they would pic a piece to crit and then that person would pic one and so forth....hated to be called on to crit something the prof. picked.

hmm what else...have to think there is so much chatter going on in here....

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

• VivianR Said:
I use regular notebooks since I mainly scrap 8.5x11 layouts.

I've been thinking about doing this now that I've switched back to 8.5x11. I'm wondering, when you do double lo's though, do they appear too far away from one another because of the rings? Do you KWIM? I'd love to know what sort of notebook you use!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to outsidechic

• outsidechic Said:
cant leave this link for too long or you'll get lost.

I know what you mean. This thread has picked up incredibly fast, and its wonderful if you can keep up with it! I would like to throw this out there because I know many people are very busy, and I don't want to lose anyone:

** If you find yourself falling behind, please don't feel obligated to comment on every lo. Do try though if you can. However, if you are short on time, I ask that you try to comment on at least one lo for everyone who has posted in that time period, so that no one gets left out. **

Thanks, everyone!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-18-07 10:41 AM

• Lycosparks Said:
  • VivianR Said:

I've been thinking about doing this now that I've switched back to 8.5x11. I'm wondering, when you do double lo's though, do they appear too far away from one another because of the rings? Do you KWIM? I'd love to know what sort of notebook you use!

I don't think they appear too far away. The next few doubles I make I'll take a picture that way instead of scanning them and stitching them.

I think Vivian uses the same notebooks I do -- Sams club bulk with the clear cover

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Keys

Thanks, Micki!

I completed another lo this afternoon. It didn't quite turn out as I planned. Any suggestions for improvement are appreciated!

terms of endearment

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle

Lauri, what if the journal slips where a different color, they kind of blend into the page? Very nice page! I haven't really mastered doing just one photo...

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to amylashelle

I'm not good at one photo either, especially using 12x12. I have found if I'm using a 5x7 it's easier than a 4x6. The LO I'm struggling with now is only one photo and is a 4x6...I'm thinking I might need to reprint it as a 5x7. I really like using 12x12 though, I have plenty of room for momentos and journaling.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Lycosparks Said:
  • VivianR Said:

When I do a two-pager that has to right next to each other I staple the "spine" of the sheet protectors. I get the same effect as a post bound album. I buy my page protectors and albums/notebooks from Sam's Club.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I recently bought 12x12 D-ring notebooks and love them! Stapling the protectors together really makes a difference for some layouts.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:

I definatley go to Michaels or Joann's since they have Coupons ... I just space things out that I wanted to buy. I don't know if you have one yet but I just got a Cropadile like a month ago... it is the BEST thing ever. I didnt want to get one, but I use Chipboard all the time, it punches wholes in it like butter! Oh and I am making a magnet board, and my cropadile totally punches thru metal!!! I just wish I'd gotten it sooner!

Oh and Hello everyone! I just logged in, which is weird for me, I'm usually on early, but I had errands... what can you do?

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
I just wanted to offer this link to you guys. I know there was a page on here recently that the scraper (I will go back and look who it was) had 3 photo's layered on one another and we all left several comments about one of them being obscured to much.

With that in mind take a look at this page http://www.designing-moments.net/blog/ scroll down to Template Freebie dated May 17th

I really like what she did here (this is digital but still) and even though the picture is cut off it is an amazing look! I think.

Note--- It was Amy Lashelle's Almost 3 page

Thanks for that link, it was a cool page... who would think to leave just a sliver of a photo on a page... I'll have to try it, Maybe!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i get my tools where ever they are cheaper. been getting them lately at target. never herd of hl till i came here and there is none around me. other wise at the lss, not a big fan of joans for sb stuff or michaels and walmart just plain disapointing. but then i have my exacto and i just need to find the 100 blade packs. and i've been thinking about a crop-a-dile but only since they now make it in green.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

• Lycosparks Said:
Thanks, Micki!

I completed another lo this afternoon. It didn't quite turn out as I planned. Any suggestions for improvement are appreciated!

terms of endearment

Lauri,
I like the journalling strips the same color as the page... they are inked so they are noticable, but I think if they were too contrasting of a color it would overpower your picture. HTH!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Ok, I just got Photoshop, and really do NOT know what I'm doing! I must go to the thread to learn about it... If anyone is knowledgable, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I'll be back!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

BeckyJ, I remembered seeing a thread all about how to use photoshop, so I found it again just in case you haven't seen it before:

Photoshop Tutorials

HTH. Good luck figuring things out!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Thanks, I was over there and it's still all mumbo jumbo to me, I may have to go get the book photoshop for dummies! I've played around a bit, It's just frustrating!

P.S. I'm posting a canvas "LO" I stayed up till 2 in the morning working on... Hopefully it will be up in a couple of hours.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi everyone - it's been a busy day but I've just about read through the last few pages and feel kind of up to date..I think!!

• scrapjones Said:
Ok, I just got Photoshop, and really do NOT know what I'm doing! I must go to the thread to learn about it... If anyone is knowledgable, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I'll be back!

Well, I've had PS for a while now and I'm slowly getting the hang of bits and pieces but I'm sure I've barely scratched the surface of what's possible. I struggle a bit with tutorials and I just wish I could hire someone to come and sit with me for a couple of hours and explain stuff face to face. I haven't tried the tutorial thread mentioned on here so perhaps I'll try again.

I did manage to do this LO today though and would be pleased to get your comments. I wish I had rounded the photo's corners and mats but I've already had to pull the photos off once and I don't think I want to again..here it is..
Joe

Thanks everyone

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

As for leaving comments it tends to vary. If I'm sitting for a while here and I have time I'll sometimes leave loads of comments but other times I start browsing through the gallery knowing that I really should leave it until I have more time. I do try to be specific though if I can - I know I like it when someone mentions what they like about a LO of mine rather than just a 'cute' or whatever, although I am grateful for any interest really!!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-18-07 02:25 PM

Ok here is one

My Lil Devil

I am looking for ways to highlight the elements of his bad hair day - his little devil horns (left photo) and his bald spot (right photo)

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Keys

i have to go look, but i had the best tutorial book for ps back in college, and i'll give you guys the title. i don't have a new version of ps, untill i get a new computer (im finally switching to a mac) i decided to get a camera over the mac. but it was a super big help in learning photoshop. im also intersting the the computer tips book that Creating Keepsakes put out the year. super cool tips in there and they explain them well enough. but in all honesty i learned the most about photoshop by just messing around in it. and {ctrl z} un does anything you do. and after you finish fixing a photo always unsharpen mask.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Thanks for the info, I'm trying to find time to just play around...but I'm usually on here! It's hard because there are specific things I want to do with the pic. and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

hahah! i found the book, it is actually for flash, but if you search hands on training photoshop you can find it on barnes and nobel. they come with a cd and the tutorails are easy to follow and you'll learn more than you want to probably. and it's easy to skip around to what you want to learn.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Thank you everyone for your suggestions on my 'terms of endearment' page! I will work on it some more this weekend. In the meantime, I made another very simple lo. It's something I've been wanting to do, but was hesitant to because it includes personal journaling. I haven't done this in the past because it is a family book, not a BOM, you know? But I've decided, what the heck! I want diverge from just scrapping events, and move into something a little more interesting. Let me know what you think, and don't make fun, lol!

rubber soles

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Lauri... that page is amazing! I love it all! It isn't very often we get to (or choose to) scrap things that will really matter years down the road when our posterity is looking at these pages, I'm sure it will mean much more because this isn't just an event it is a glimpse in to who you are. Fabulous!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Thank you so much, BeckyJ! And thanks to everyone who left comments on my recent page. You ladies make me feel so good! I'm so excited to be entering this new phase of scrapbooking. Hope I don't go to crazy with it! My dad has some 4inch binders he's trying to get rid of... think it will be big enough?? Lol.

Vivian, I like the stapling idea. I'd like to see how that looks! Sounds so clever. Do you use normal scrapbook page protectors in your notebooks, or just any old kind? TIA!

London
London 
Veteran
London

Just checking in before bed. Just got back from Georgia and I just have to drive back tomorrow so I'm headed to bed. Will check out everyone's LO's in the morning.

Sweetest of dreams to ya'll

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to London

Hi everyone, I've just commented on the latest LOs that have been posted I don't think I missed any - there's some great stuff being created here!

Thanks for all your comments on my 'Joe' LO. It was interesting that 2 of you (Sorry can't remember who without going back) suggested moving his name to a horizonatal position...I like the idea but wonder if that wouldn't break up the imaginary square shape of the overall design that the eye sees at the moment with the 'j' being the top right corner? I'll give it a try and let you all see later.
I've got my 13 years old's jewellery making party and sleepover this afternoon/tonight so wish me luck...I might not be up to much at all later or tomorrow!!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-19-07 01:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-19-07 01:59 AM

Carolyn - I really like the page just as you have it. I actually didn't notice the imaginary square but one you said something I saw it and really think it makes the whole page come together. I am really glad you pointed that out, it helps me to pay attention to stuff like that.

That is precisely what I am missing! Attention to detail!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

Well I have moved the title and uploaded the new version. I'll be interested to see if you think it's better or not as some of you said you didn't think anything needed changing and some did...lets see...
Joe version 2

Bran, it's good to look at things in a new way sometimes isn't it!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-19-07 02:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Good morning

My first one for you all to see...boy I wish I had a scanner...it's so hard to get good pics that do LO's any justice sometimes...
Beautiful Girl

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Lycosparks Said:
Thank you so much, BeckyJ! And thanks to everyone who left comments on my recent page. You ladies make me feel so good! I'm so excited to be entering this new phase of scrapbooking. Hope I don't go to crazy with it! My dad has some 4inch binders he's trying to get rid of... think it will be big enough?? Lol.

Vivian, I like the stapling idea. I'd like to see how that looks! Sounds so clever. Do you use normal scrapbook page protectors in your notebooks, or just any old kind? TIA!

I use the office type that come in boxes of 200. They're archival, acid free.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Ooo I have those somewhere! Hope I can find them...

Page 2 of 223 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics