Page 3 of 223 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-19-07 07:28 AM
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Quote:

I use the office type that come in boxes of 200. They're archival, acid free.

I am glad someone else uses those too. It really is one of the only reasons I do 8.5x11. You think I can talk Costco into selling 12x12?

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-19-07 07:31 AM
In response to Bran

Kate, you have to tell me how you did the rub-ons. I am surprised at how well it did. It got in the groove of the page so well! I thought there would be missing ink where the two pages meet. That the ink would not rub off very well right there and it would look broken up, but it looked so good!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

I agree about the rub-ons! What a great idea. I'd love to hear your process!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-19-07 08:15 AM

• VivianR Said:
  • Lycosparks Said:
Thank you so much, BeckyJ! And thanks to everyone who left comments on my recent page. You ladies make me feel so good! I'm so excited to be entering this new phase of scrapbooking. Hope I don't go to crazy with it! My dad has some 4inch binders he's trying to get rid of... think it will be big enough?? Lol.

Vivian, I like the stapling idea. I'd like to see how that looks! Sounds so clever. Do you use normal scrapbook page protectors in your notebooks, or just any old kind? TIA!

I use the office type that come in boxes of 200. They're archival, acid free.

I like the way these feel. They were soft yet sturdy. The ones marketed for scrapbooking seemed harsh and brittle to me.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Keys

Thanks everyone for your comments on my 'Joe' LO. On balance I think I prefer v.2 although I didn't expect to and I wouldn't have thought of doing the title that way!

I have a houseful of teenage girls so I'm stowed away in my office for a few mins but don't think I'll be scrapping today!

Keep up the good work!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Lycosparks

The rub-ons are so easy to do if you have an inkjet printer...

I purchased a pack of 10 sheets of HammerMill brand transparencies (8.5 x 11) from WM. Can't remember how much they cost, but it was the cheapest they had. I don't condone stealing from the office, but sometimes you can snag a sheet or two from there, just please check your employee handbook before using that suggestion

Create whatever rub-ons you wish, in whatever program you have ...use your imagination...the amount of pictures or fonts you can download from the internet is endless. Color, B&W, whichever you prefer (can't print plain white rub-ons tho...I read somewhere how but it sounded too complicated for me). You need to kind of have an idea what type of paper you're going to use - as the downside to these types of rub ons is that they are far more muted than the kind you buy...darker rub-ons on lighter paper works the best, not the greatest for light rub-ons on dark paper. I am going to try printing something yellow or pink or orange and see if it will rub onto black cardstock...will let ya know. I just know that I tried something pink onto red paper and it didn't look all that great.

I always print a test page first...to make sure everything fits where it needs to. Before you print, go into your printer properties and search around for an option to change the Orientation of your printout, you'll want to change it to Mirror Image (especially when using words, otherwise, it will be backwards when you rub it on).

When putting the transparency in the printer, place in such a manner that the shiny, smoother side of the page is what will be printed on. The directions on the transparency pkg says to print on the "side without the tape", you want to be sure to do the exact opposite.

After I print, most directions say to let image dry before using. I have tested that, and they work, I just think you lose some of the color if you let it dry completely. But by not letting it dry all the way, you run the risk of smearing when you place it on your page. Trial and error will decide for you which you prefer.

When ready, lay transparency where it needs to be (inkside down of course), and rub onto your page with craft stick, ruler, whatever. Sometimes you can just use your finger to press the image into the paper, there again, depends if you let it dry before using or not. When removing transparency paper from your layout, be careful not to smear.

I immediately clean the remaining ink off the transparency, that way I can use it over and over.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

Help me puhleeeze! How do I lay the title for this one, and is the stitching stamp too much?

HelpThisLayout.com

Edited by JHAWKEYE on 05-19-07 02:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to JHAWKEYE

Added some comments there..love it!

Here's a new one for me, not glued yet, itching to glue. I'm also thinking I'll journal in green?

Question: Are Crayola washable markers safe? I haven't used them yet..but I have a very large set..used for other things.

I do have safe pens..but the color possibilities here..wow..

Oh..yeah, the LO (almost hit post)
Cantaloupe

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to ShirleyJB

Hey everyone. Just popping on for a few minutes. I caught up on some of the comments. I need to get my act together and get something posted lol

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to scrappindmbfan

Thanks for the font idea...didn't cross my mind. Do you know, in my search for a font, I found one called "Doggy Doodie"?

Here's a new link with the font change...I think I may print on orange cardstock in just a strip for that side...

HelpThisLayout.com

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

Another one...need ideas on color for the arrow...

Link

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to JHAWKEYE

Uploaded final on cantaloupe. I made some photo corners..can't believe I have NONE!

Here it is:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/170625/view /838363/-...

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-19-07 04:22 PM
In response to ShirleyJB

What font is that Cantaloupe title?

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to sunberry2

Well I'm finally home. Gave my cousin her book and she absolutely loved it. And her mom took the thing around showing everyone at the party today so people kept coming up to me and saying "good job".. wasn't expecting that. I don't like lots of attention..

Now to catch up!!

Thanks for responding on where you buy tools. I think I'm going to concentrate on buying some for now. A paper cutter and decorative scissors only get you so far.

Carolyn - left you some love on Joe
Micki - left some love on Little Devil
Both such cute LOs. I thought they both were great.

Lauri - LOVED Rubber soles!! Please don't change a thing!!

And I think that was it.. I'm super tired so I'm off for the night. Will be back full force tomorrow! Have a great night everyone.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

Kate, thanks for the transparency info! I think I'll give it a try!

Shirley, I know what you mean about Crayola colors, but I'm not sure if they are safe or not. Hopefully someone here will know! Love the photo corner change on 'Canteloupe'.

Brandy, the font looks to me like it came from a package of punch-out letters of all different colors. I have them too and love them. Can't remember what they are called though!

Shell, thanks so much girl! If you are short on supplies, I tell ya, 'Rubber Soles' only required one teeny tiny strip of patterned paper ! At this rate, my stash will last forever, lol!

Well I thank you all for your comments on 'Terms of Endearment.' I wasn't too happy with it myself (I'm TERRIBLE with journaling strips)! So I pulled it apart and started fresh, using the same technique as I did with 'Rubber Soles,' which seems to have worked. Oh and I used a more recent photo too, lol. That one was from a year ago!

Here it is if you'd like to see it. Take Two.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Hey all! Can't stay to chat... I'll catch up tomorrow. Just got a second to post my canvas that I was supposed to post yesterday!
Hope everyone had a great Saterday... We spent the day as a family, we went out to lunch and then to see Shrek the Third, it was cute! Long day and early church in the morning!
Let me know what you think about the Canvas "lo"
Have a great night!
BeckyJ
Canvas

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to scrapjones

Hi everyone - well I survived my 13 year old's sleepover!!! I've just about caught up with comments and Becky J - can I ask a Q about your canvas LO? Around the edge it looks like you have raised dots of some sort as a border? Are they on the paper or did you make them some other way? They look really good and I might pinch the idea sometime!!

I left some comments on your Cantaloupe and Too Cute LOs and the canvas but I was kind of out of the loop time-wise on those - great work though!

Have a great day

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-20-07 12:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-20-07 08:29 AM
In response to scrappercaz

Marking my spot. Hope everyone had a great weekend

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to Bran

Lauri the new Terms of Endearment is great!! The only thing I'd say is that I really liked the last picture you used. Don't know why, it was just really cute to me.

BeckyJ left you some love on your canvas. It looks amazing!!

I'll be off and on today. Can't leave this thread to long now.

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to London

Changed my avatar, sig, and my place today.. I needed a bit of a change

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to ShirleyJB

• ShirleyJB Said:
Uploaded final on cantaloupe. I made some photo corners..can't believe I have NONE!

Here it is:

I prefer to make my own photo corners with what papers I have in the exact size I want. Now that I've got all these square punches it's so easy to do.

I normally punch with a small square then center the hole in a big square punch. Then I cut it diagnolly. Very easy and always matches.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

• scrappercaz Said:
Hi everyone - well I survived my 13 year old's sleepover!!! I've just about caught up with comments and Becky J - can I ask a Q about your canvas LO? Around the edge it looks like you have raised dots of some sort as a border? Are they on the paper or did you make them some other way? They look really good and I might pinch the idea sometime!!

I left some comments on your Cantaloupe and Too Cute LOs and the canvas but I was kind of out of the loop time-wise on those - great work though!

Have a great day

Hey Carolyn,
The bumps are actually on the frame that I used, the canvas is 16x20 and is framed... sorry I don't think I put enough info about it.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

• VivianR Said:
  • ShirleyJB Said:

Here it is:

I prefer to make my own photo corners with what papers I have in the exact size I want. Now that I've got all these square punches it's so easy to do.

I normally punch with a small square then center the hole in a big square punch. Then I cut it diagnolly. Very easy and always matches.

What a great idea!!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

New LO..

Tire Mechanic

Used my new cuttlebug to cut the letters. My plan is to journal beside the photos, attach those with screwhead brads and attach the flowers with colored brads..not too sure about the ones on the bottom of the page.

I've actually been working on the idea for this page for a really long time. The photos are over a year ago, so I will add the date in there too. The subject is my DD..and before she cut her hair.

Which reminds me of another LO I need to do, lol..

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Thanks Becky J!

What a great idea to make your own corners! Just shows how uncreative I am really, I would never have thought of that. I'll have to read back over how you did them.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Shirley - sorry if I'm missing the point but tyre is with a 'Y' or is it a play on words intentionally? I don't mean to be rude...

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

• scrappercaz Said:
Shirley - sorry if I'm missing the point but tyre is with a 'Y' or is it a play on words intentionally? I don't mean to be rude...

Not rude at all..who would have thought there was a language barrier between the USA and England? Here, we spell it with an "i"..

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to ShirleyJB

Oh OK! I didn't know that was a difference either because tire spelled that way means to get weary as I'm sure you know!! I loved the LO - the orange from the backgound pp picked up in the matting and flowers is great. Your journaling plan sounds good too - looking forward to seeing the end result.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Thanks, Carolyn! Yes, "American" is weird..because we also spell the weary kind of tire the same way. Lots of words spelled the same with way different meanings.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to ShirleyJB

Finally I'm scrapping again! Yippy. Very simple two pager. I had fun doodling on the hearts. Love my Sakura Glaze pens!!

At Ryan's 1&2 for my 2006 album

Some times I feel like I should do more or that I've done two much. I'm not sure with this one.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-20-07 02:09 PM

• scrappercaz Said:

That is too funny. I had to read this one a few times..I never knew we spelled that differently. I have to say though, how often as anyone here used tire to describe their state of being. I use "tired" but I can't say I ever use tire.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi Vivian, I really like the LO you've just posted and I kind of agree that it needs something but I'm not quite sure what to be honest! Perhaps double mount the photos with a red/white pp....sorry to critique without any helpful suggestions, hopefully someone else will be feeling more creative! I'll use the excuse that it's late here and I'm off to bed as soon as I can tear myslef away from here!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-20-07 02:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

London
London 
Veteran
London

I actually really like the LO you posted Vivian. I understand what you mean about something's missing but sometimes when you add it just doesn't look good. I think your LO looks great as is.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • scrappercaz Said:

That is too funny. I had to read this one a few times..I never knew we spelled that differently. I have to say though, how often as anyone here used tire to describe their state of being. I use "tired" but I can't say I ever use tire.

Me neither actually!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Ok..glued..erhm.."bradded" down..

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/170625/view /839705/-...

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-20-07 02:24 PM

Vivian, Those hearts are amazing, what did you use to make the middle? The almost tear drop like shape?

If I did anything to this page it would be to pull it off that white background. I would try a light red and white paper. Maybe even mute it further with vellum or something.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Went mini-golfing and driving with a friend this afternoon. Then bought some new supplies and I just had to come home and scrap with them right away! Heidi Swapp journaling spots, ZIG white marker, and sizzix die-cut circles (all on sale!) So excited. Anyway, here it is:

Drive.

Will catch up on posts right now! Then my honey and I are off to the drive-in. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-20-07 02:26 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
  • Bran Said:
  • scrappercaz Said:

Me neither actually!

Completely off topic here but do you know Amy Winehouse? I mean have you heard her music?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

Oh yes, she's very popular at the moment!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Lauri - love your LO - a classic 'clean and simple'!! Enjoy your evening!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
Vivian, Those hearts are amazing, what did you use to make the middle? The almost tear drop like shape?

If I did anything to this page it would be to pull it off that white background. I would try a light red and white paper. Maybe even mute it further with vellum or something.

That's a punch from Ek Success Water punches set. You can do Ying-yang with it, paisleys and apostrophes. It's the same as I did for the apostrophe in the "Ryan's." I had punched out those from the hearts but didn't like it. Punched out of pink pp and filled in what I punched out. Then added the lines with a Sakura Glaze pen. So the lines look a bit embosses in real life.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

"There are no mistakes in scrapbooking, only embellishment opportunities." Right?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

LOL! Love that quote, Vivian!!

Just today I had to cover up a boo-boo with an embellie. (I'm just terrible with glue!!)

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-20-07 02:43 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
Oh yes, she's very popular at the moment!

I love a handful of her songs and play them repeatedly but a lot of it doesn't really make sense....I was wondering if she makes more sense there

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to Bran

Left you a comment Lauri.. I think you'll find the humor in it.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

I'm in a timewarp! I prefer to listen to 80's stuff on the web. I'm listening to it right now. To "I Think I'm Turning Japanese" by the Vapors.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Lycosparks Said:
LOL! Love that quote, Vivian!!

Just today I had to cover up a boo-boo with an embellie. (I'm just terrible with glue!!)

Someone here has it in her siggie but I can't remember who!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Maybe to the teens etc!! I only hear the stuff thats's on the radio repeatedly like Back to Black and Rehab. I prefer Simply Red, Corinne Bailey Rae but mostly I have to hear what my dds choose!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

LOL Shell! That's great!

That's so interesting that we spell 'tire' differently! I never knew that! Carolyn, your way definately makes more sense!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

No it's not one of the obvious ones is it, like colour/color and favorite/favourite. Well, you learn something new every day!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Well, it's past midnight (again! where does time go when you're on here???) and I'm off to catch up on some sleep! so goodnight, I hope to catch up with you all tomorrow.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Have a great night Carolyn! Get some good rest!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Good night, Carolyn!

London
London 
Veteran
London

I'm on a game site that's based out of the UK so alot of the word differences don't phase me but TYRE and TIRE is a new one on me!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to London

Some differences that I've learned:

Biscuit/cookie
Hoover/vacuum
earth/ground (in working with electricity)

And here in the USA there are guys named Randy.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Another two pager:

At Ryan's 3&4

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

yikes, i am having toubles keeping up. oh well i should have a chance monday. dd is teething again you can tell by the perma-drool on her shirt and chin and the nonstop crying. making my spot so i know how much stuff i'll have to cover.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-20-07 04:29 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
Maybe to the teens etc!! I only hear the stuff thats's on the radio repeatedly like Back to Black and Rehab. I prefer Simply Red, Corinne Bailey Rae but mostly I have to hear what my dds choose!

rehab has a few words that don't make sense

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to Bran

Hey guys I'm working on a LO right now and it just seems like it's missing something..

Nothing is glued down yet so the left side looks a bit messy. Oh and the pic is blacked out because it's from my modeling days and my blouse is not buttoned. You can't see anything but I know some people are sensitive to those things.

Here it is if you wanna go see it..
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327/view /839945/-...

massadmomma
Veteran
massadmomma

Hey everyone! Gosh I had a lot to catch up on! This seems like a fast moving group! I've never been a member in a critique group either! This should be fun!
My name is April and I'm a SAHM to Brodey who is 16 months. We live in Edmond, OK with my husband Eric. We've been married for five years but we have been together for 14. He is a hard working dentist here in Edmond.
I have been scrapping for 10 years but I really got into it this past August. I think what brought me into it again was discovering the online scrapbooking communities.
My style is pretty simple, I think. I mainly do one photo layouts, but I am trying to broaden my style and try some multi-photo layouts!
My weakness is sweets and I'm trying to control that since my 10 year reunion is coming up! LOL I have a habit of buying scrap supplies and forgeting I have them. I can't drink the milk if I have left the house for more than 24 hours. I was a pro photographer for three years and I had my own studio. I had to close it and move when Eric went to dental school. My nicknames are Ape and Pooty. Hehe! I'm an Aries and yes I fit the description!
Well that's a little bit about me! It was fun reading about everyone else! Sorry it took me so long to make it over here! Can't wait to get started!!

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to massadmomma

Hi there April it's nice to meet you!! I checked out your gallery and you've got AMAZING LOs!!

Vivian, to answer your comment:
Those are literally my last four flowers. I'm going to cut a lightning bolt into the black of the photo. (that black is actually a part of the photo)

I do have a reason for choosing the lighting bolt. Ya'll will get the full effect once it's done.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input on my weekend LO's...I did make changes and my LO's are better because of it. Thanks again, and here they are finished...

Too Cute

This Is Why...

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hi April...welcome! I too took a trip through your gallery and really enjoyed looking through your LO's...look forward to getting some advice from you as well!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to JHAWKEYE

Welcome, April! I'm so glad you came; I was afraid you had changed your mind! I look forward to seeing some new work from you!

Shell, awesome work! I look forward to seeing the completed lo!

Kate, I like your new avatar, LOL! Love the finished pages; they came out great!

Carolyn is probably getting up soon--it must be time for bed here! Good night, ladies!

London
London 
Veteran
London

Thanks Lauri.

Finished product:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327/view /840243/-...

Didn't turn out quite as planned because my journaling ran long. To see un-blacked version see my blog. Hope it doesn't offend anyone.

I'm rather proud of it. It was a good release

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Nice to meet you April! Welcome!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i promise to leave some love in your galleries, but this place is so jumping by the time i get there you've already reworked it 2 times. i am loving some of the work that is comming out of here though.
i got this done tonight and i am thinkin that the white dots might be to much, and the journaling has gotten me second thinking myself... words

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to outsidechic

Morning everyone!
Shell - I'm in awe of your bravery and honesty. Your journaling made me feel very humble and the end result of your LO is fantastic.

Kate, the arrow looked fab!

Hello April - haven't had a chance to look at your gallery yet - but I will...

Vivian..yes the language differences are usually fairly minor as you said but the one that always makes me look twice when I see it on LOs here is 'spunky' - not sure whether I should say what it means here but it's definitely not a description we'd use for a child!!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Morning everyone! I had a busy weekend, but I tried to pop in and leave a few comments. I haven't had any scrapping time all week and this week isn't looking any more promising. I'm gonna go through withdrawl lol I have a challenge due at the end of the month that will be some motivation to get at least one LO done.

I loved so many of the LO you guys did this weekend.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-21-07 05:10 AM

Wow! Y'all were busy while I was gone!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Keys

Amazing page, Shell, TFS such a personal part of your life with us.

Jakki, I think the doodling looks great! And that journaling will be great for her to look back on in the future! Awesome that you recorded it.

LOL, Carolyn, now you've got me wondering!

Nancy, I hope things slow down for you soon! I know what scrapping withdrawal is like; I feel for ya, girl!

Just checking in! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

It's just a slang term for something, shall we say, man made (?), you know, part of life, but not a word I'd use in casual conversation and I don't want to offend anyone!! You use it to mean spirited don't you?

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-21-07 06:10 AM

Good morning everyone! Welcome April.
Hopefully I will be able to get on this morning..at nap time I have not been able to scrap at all I need my husband to go up in the attic and get my thread so I can finish my page.

I think I just need to start a new one

AmyLouhoo
Idol
AmyLouhoo
In response to Bran

Hey girls! Sorry I'm not participating much. I'm having some issues going on in my life right now. I don't think I'll be on here much for about a month or so, so just bare with me!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

• Lycosparks Said:
  • VivianR Said:
I use regular notebooks since I mainly scrap 8.5x11 layouts.

I've been thinking about doing this now that I've switched back to 8.5x11. I'm wondering, when you do double lo's though, do they appear too far away from one another because of the rings? Do you KWIM? I'd love to know what sort of notebook you use!

I scrap 8.5x11 mostly and use three-ring albums. I do two-pagers often. If the distance bothers me, I can tape the spines of the two page protectors together so when you flip them open, their bindings touch. This probably makes no sense. But it works and it looks great.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to AmyLouhoo

Oh my! Yep, you got it, it means 'spirited' here. Wow, you learn something new everyday!

Brandy, hope you can finish that page soon! I look forward to seeing it!

Amy! Thank you so much for letting us know. I hope everything is all right! We will miss you! Don't worry about keeping up, just come back whenever you are ready. {{hugs}}

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Jaime, it makes perfect sense! Everyone has been so creative with their 3-ring binders. I've started using one for mine now. Thanks for all the info!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-21-07 08:22 AM

My Lil Devil -- finished LO

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/23170/view/ 840851/-1...

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-21-07 08:46 AM
In response to Keys

Micki, I commented on your page, great job!

Amy - I am sorry to hear that you have going through a hard time right now. I wish you the best and a rapid turning of Fortuna's Wheel

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-21-07 09:24 AM
In response to Bran

Silly staff

I like the basic form of this but it needs something -- bling/brads at end of strips?? some decoration?? ___???????

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Good morning ladies!
Amy I wish you the best...rough times stink! We'll be here if you need anything!

Here are a couple lo's that I finished late last night,

NSD

Bread

How are everyones mornings so far?

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-21-07 09:28 AM

Not for nothing, I am a freaking disaster!

I need to get my self organized! My house is a mess I am working on cleaning up our bedroom right now, while it is still nap time.

I saw someone here who is a Mom to 6 kids! I need her to come over and get my butt straight!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

You are definately not the only one! My bedroom has piles and piles of laundry in it! Needless to say it is a wreck! I think I'll take some time and try to do something with this mess!

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to sunberry2

I hope ya'll didn't think I was showing off. I really just needed help with it at first and that just made it so I kinda had to show the end result. Glad it was liked.

Amy - I hope things get better for you.

Micki - Lil Devil looks awesome!! And left you some love on Silly Staff

Becky - NDS and Bread both look great. I love the concept of Bread. That was a great idea!

And Oh my gosh don't let us start on the laundry. I've got at least 3 baskets that need to be folded and more that needs to be washed!!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll see ya'll around!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to London

We constantly have a "mound" of laundry in our bedroom. We gave up on baskets yrs ago lol I swear I'll never get caught up. I just told DH I wanted to paint that room over the summer and he laughed and said what will you do with the laundry...I told him we'd relocate it to another room for the week. I never offered that it would be caught up by then

My whole house is a disaster...I couldn't imagine having more than 2 kids. I can't keep it clean now!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi again everyone - well my girls have finished their homework so I can get back on here for a while.
Becky - loved the idea of the bread LO particularly.
Micki - left you my ideas for your Silly Staff LO and comments on your Lil Devil.

Don't even start me on housework!!!I have clothes at the bottom of my ironing basket that have been there since last summer and the girls will have grown out of them by now. I do what needs doing, when necessary and not much more. My belief (or excuse if you want to call it that) is that there'll always be dust - forever more - and I have more fun things to do. No-one ever died from an unironed shirt or a dusty table...What is that quote I've seen on a rubber stamp?.."Housework never killed anyone but why take the risk?"

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I've never heard that before but it's so true! My kids always make jokes around the holidays. They know it's the holidays because we're actually dusting lol It's so comforting to know I'm not alone in procrastinating housework.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-21-07 10:47 AM

Oh I hate laundry. I hang or put in the basket. If it needs ironing it get done the day its worn.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Keys

I can't stand ironing, my dh and I both just throw it back in the dryer for 10 minutes and it's nice a ready to go lol

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

I'm with you on the ironing thing, we just don't!! hehe! if it has to be ironed we do it pretty much that day. but usually we throw it back in the dryer or hang it in the bathroom while we shower!

Must get back to folding and putting away the laundry.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

lol i despise laundry, at one point when i was in college i could go a month with out doing laundry and then i would visit my parents and give it to them to do, lol those were the days. now it just piles up and gets done when there's nothing left to wear. and my dh has non-wrinkling shirts it's worth the extra $ and always buy them on sale anyway. although you have to get them to a hanger or folded soon after they leave the dryer, stuffed in the basket with other clean stuff they wrinkle just like the rest :P

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Hey Nancy just curious... who or what is DMB? I sense you like it since it's in your username, and signiture!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Dave Matthews Band. It's on my avatar too lol

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

nancy-- that cool i have them on my ipod, love the music.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Ok I see it now! Cool, have you ever seen them in concert?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I live and breathe DMB. Their music is such an inspiration to me. So many of their lyrics describe my life to a 't'.

I travel with my sister (with no kids!!!YEAH!!!)every summer to see them. I've been to 35 shows (and counting). I even have a firedancer tattoo...it's beyond obsessed I think *sigh*

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

So here's today's effort from me..not particularly 'clean' but fairly simple! I'm keen to know what you think although I hope there's nothing too glaringly obvious that needs doing as I've already stuck it down! It was one of those occasions when it all came together in about 15 mins - it doesn't happen often so when it does I tend to go with it...LOL

"My Boy"

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-21-07 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: spelling - I can't ignore bad spelling

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-21-07 11:35 AM

Ok, I am going to have to show my husband this perticular line of discussion so that he can see that I am not in fact a terrible wife who just can't clean and organize properly!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

LOL I must be the only nut who enjoys laundry. Always fold it the day it is washed. On the other hand, when it comes to dusting, I'm with all of you! Usually only get to it when we're expecting company! I still like doing it, but I'm too lazy to, lol.

Nancy, 35 shows!! WOW! That is a true fan. If the Beatles were still touring, I'd be right there with you as far as having an obsession!

Carolyn, as an English major, I enjoyed your 'reason for edit' LOL.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

• scrappindmbfan Said:
I live and breathe DMB. Their music is such an inspiration to me. So many of their lyrics describe my life to a 't'.

I travel with my sister (with no kids!!!YEAH!!!)every summer to see them. I've been to 35 shows (and counting). I even have a firedancer tattoo...it's beyond obsessed I think *sigh*

Wow 35 shows, you really are a fan! I've only been to one real concert, and one after a rodeo. I'll admit it, I'm a country girl! I like a ton of diferent genres but at my core, I'm country!

Ahh some peace and quiet, just put my two dd's down for naps, after feeding them thru tears... I think girls start getting hormonal long before they actually go thru puberty!
Along with wining and crying, my baby (2 in July) went on a rampage, unwinding a whole thing of floss, dumping milk from a milk carton on the carpets, peeing on the carpet... I've already used my little Bissel carpet cleaner more in the past week than probably the last 6 months! Oh well I love them anyway! They are pretty cute!

Page 3 of 223 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics