Page 4 of 223 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to scrapjones

Sounds like quite an adventure at your house. Holy smokes! My kids are 11 and 9 and I'm so grateful they're past that stage. Now they're in the talking back/I knoweverything stage. I can't tell which stage is worse actually lol

I can't stand bad spelling either...I'm a bad typist though so I'm constantly editting my posts.

I listen to a HUGE range of music. Everything from Godsmack to Kenny Chesney. DMB is my #1 love though. I'm sure I'd be a beatles fan too if they were still around. They had some brillant music.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Lauri - so you're the same with spellings - that does rather set me up for a fall though

I have to say I've never heard of the DMB - what kind of band are they? So if you're Beatles fans - how do you feel about Heather??

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to scrappercaz

My girls are 13 and 15 and there's good and bad sides to that!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to scrappindmbfan

im still learning who is who, scrappinjones- i totally feel for you. my dd has been driving me crazy lately, last night i think she finaly crashed around nine when she's usually out cold by 7 everynight.
i would jump on the beatles fan wagon, although i tend to like their stranger stuff, love the revolver album ( i think that's the name...i am lost as to record names now with it all being on my ipod). i'm also amazed at the reactions i get whwn i tell people how large my music collection is some 250+ cds. although if you ask, i probably have it in my collection theres somehting of everthing. love country & alternative, and go figure alternative country. favorites right now are nicklback, hinder, hellowgoodbye, and bowling for soup.and my music obsession is actually dwindeling to my scrap stash.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to outsidechic

DMB is kinda their own style. To me, they're a mix of folk with a rockish feel. There's quite a bit of African influence as well. It's fun stuff to dance to and I'm so blown away by the lyrics. Fun Stuff!

DH and I also have a HUGE collection of cds...it was over 700 the last time we counted and that was a few yrs ago. We're just like you, we have some of everything.

I haven't been following the thing with Heather lately. I was deeply saddened when Linda died. She was a fantastic lady

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

the dmb cd's that i got called them a jam band when i put them on my ipod. it's all cool though, i'll have to listen more to the lyrics now that you said that. i just like how they sound and get lost in that.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

She was and I guess Heather could never win - Linda was a hard act to follow although Heather did nothing to help herself. Personally I didn't 'take to' her if you know what I mean and I'd guess Paul wishes he hadn't either now.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Yeah I'm sure he has some regrets as well. They had a child though so they can't regret that too much

Well, ladies my work day is done so I'm heading home, then it's on to job#2 tonight. I'll catch everyone tomorrow. Have a great night!

massadmomma
Veteran
massadmomma

Alright Micki! I left ya some feedback!!!

massadmomma
Veteran
massadmomma
In response to massadmomma

Okay I added some CS suggestions to some other layouts as well! I just suggested it as if it were my layout and I was going to add something to them! Hope that's okay!!!

Edited by massadmomma on 05-21-07 12:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to massadmomma

Ok ladies here are the two lo's from earlier reworked, and I do like them better. Thanks for the suggestions, and making me scrap my better scrap! It's hard when they're pages about me, I tend to just throw them together and call it good.

Bread (improved)

NSD (improved)

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Hey everyone..just home from work and totally tired. Went to HL on my way home, hoping to find some dies for my newe cuttlebug..but, they don't have any..

Not sure if I'll scrap today, though I do have some ideas rolling around in my head.

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to sunberry2

Carolyn - My Boy looks great! What a sweet thing to scrap.

35 shows.. wow.. and I thought my Queen obsession was out of hand. As ya'll can see from my last two LOs music is my everything. I listen to everything from Twisted Sister to George Straight. I love classic rock and country the most.

And thank you guys for making me thankful that kids are NOT in the picture yet. I am so not ready for that step.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to London

G'night all - looking forward to catching up again tomorrow.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Ooof...busy place during the day!!

Amy - your husband recommends and dispenses Oral-B right??? If not, he and I need to chat!!

Don't get me started on Heather...I had no opinion about her ('cept that she stole my man) until the separation started...then she got stupid.

Left some love for everyone...what great LO's everyone is doing...

Have a good night!!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to JHAWKEYE

BeckyJ, sounds like a busy night, WOW... and I thought my fiance was tough to clean up after!

As for Heather, I never really paid attention to all the gossip. It made me sad. I loved Linda.

Jakki and Nancy, you two have a LOT of CD's! My music collection can't compare. I enjoy everything classic rock and... Maroon 5. LOL. Not sure how that happened.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Lycosparks

Hey who doesn't like Maroon5?

Ha yes my little bugger is quite the terror today! I actually just cleaned up another accident, this one on the linoleum so much easier to clean. My youngest will be two in about 8 weeks and is starting to show interest in potty training... hence all the accidents! It will be nice to have no kids in diapers for a while though! Wish me luck!

London
London 
Veteran
London

• Lycosparks Said:

As for Heather, I never really paid attention to all the gossip. It made me sad. I loved Linda.
that happened.

HUH?? I think I missed something..

And I LOVE Maroon5!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to London

okay so i was having some fun tonight with my scraps and came up with this lo, scrap stash although im not sure that it qualifies as simple it's just color blocking but it looks hard and none of the pp came in the same pack. i like how this works though and i think it really defines me and my style.

Edited by outsidechic on 05-21-07 08:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

London
London 
Veteran
London

Well it's nice to see I'm not the only night owl around here. It's 12:30 and I just got home from Wal-Mart. I broke down and went to look for something to make a title out of. And ended up spending ten bucks. But it was well spent I got some great stuffs, all on clearance.

Left you some love Jakki, that's really a cool LO!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:
  • Lycosparks Said:

that happened.

HUH?? I think I missed something..

And I LOVE Maroon5!

This is is reference to Heather Mills former Mrs. Paul McCartney (sp)? Anyway they were talking about their breakup earlier... I know I had to go back and see what they were talking about myself! It's not too late here, not even 10 pm yet! I'm trying to get another lo done... I'm off to scrap!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi all,
Thanks for taking time to comment on "My boy" - one of those rare occasions when it just came together right first time!
Left you a comment Jakki on your really cool 'stash' LO!

Don't know if I'll get any scrapping done today although I have got some more fab photos of my friend's little boy, Joe. Isn't it lovely when you have photos that really inspire you rather than thinking "the photos aren't great but I need to record the occasion"....or is that just me??

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-21-07 11:54 PM. Reason for edit: spelling again - or rather, poor typing skills!

London
London 
Veteran
London

Did another 2 pager tonight. I really love these photos and have been waiting a long time to scrap them.

The only problem is I have a title in mind.. I'm just not sure how to design it. So for right now it's kinda title-less...

Any and all input VERY much welcome!!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327/view /842265/-...

Is the double. Each page is also in there.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to London

Hi there, I like you 2 pager - I've left general comments for you but nothing struck me as obvious for a title. Is it the actual title you want suggestions for or how to create the title you have in mind?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Good morning everyone!

BeckyJ, good luck with the potty training! That'll be great to have no diapers for a while.

Speaking of Maroon 5, I believe their new album comes out TODAY! I may even have to set aside some of my scrapbooking budget for that! I've been waiting for this since senior year of high school!

Jakki, awesome page!! Absolutely loved it!

Carolyn, I know what you mean about spelling vs typing. Just recently I caught myself typing 'foward' when I know perfectly well there's another R in there!! Made me so mad. I wonder how many times I've typed that!

Also, I agree, it is great to find inspiring photos. I've completely skipped scrapping certain occasions in the past just because I didn't care for the photos that were taken on them. Sad but true.

Shell, great new double page! Look foRward to seeing how the title comes out!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i agree with the inspiring photos, but i have the hardest time scrapping an event when i dont have enough photos to create the lo that is in my head. i have only recently started to scrap one photo los. my dd baby album is unfinished because i sorta slacked off during the holidays in taking pictures of her, and my camera battery died on christmas day. so now i only have like 10 pictures of the whole event and cant figure out how to scrap them.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Morning! I seem to have the opposite problem. I have too many pictures and can't decide which ones to use. I do seem to have more pictures of my daughter than my son though because we had a digital camera for most of mt daughter's life. Film/developing was too expensive for me when I was in college.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

With something like Christmas I find that I only end up with a couple of 'good enough' photos from each day/gathering, not enough to convey the feeling of the day, and perhaps not particularly connected and so I feel they kind of need a collagey type of LO but the colours don't go or whatever and so I end up not doing it - hence I still have Christmas 2005 to do!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

Good morning, all! Sorry I don't have more los to post. I am working on my SOY submission and the rules state those los cannot be posted in public forums. So, you'll probably see them in a few months.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Jaime Lynne

Nancy, I have that problem too! For instance, I'm working on a Disney album right now. It is my first time doing a separate album from my main one. I have like 300+ photos to choose from (half from my brother's camera). It's so hard to choose! I'm getting a little frustrated with it now because the album's spine isn't adjustable and after doing just the intro pages and 1 park, the album is looking full! Going to try to plan out the rest of the book this afternoon.

Carolyn, I know what you mean. Fortunately I'm done with '05 though! I just skipped over my Christmas Day page from '06. Hope I get back to it someday! I left a space for it in my album and everything.

Jaime, oh how exciting! I can't wait to see what you've been working on. Sounds like fun!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I just haven't had time to work on anything. I have a challenge I was in where the voting just ended so I'm hoping to get that posted in my own gallery tonight. I was pretty proud of it, but it only got like 3 votes out of 150+ votes. I want to post it to get some opinions though.I wasn't about the winning part, I had a total blast doing it.

I haven't done any of the my Christmas photos yet, I'm sure I won't be able to decide on paper and which pictures. I just started scrapping in Jan so I'm kinda doing some of my favorite pictures first.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the challenge but glad you enjoyed making it! It's easy to get caught up in doing LOs with a mind to what other people will think, especially when they are being seen on here, but I keep reminding myself that the end result is for me and my family!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-22-07 11:41 AM

• scrappindmbfan Said:
I was pretty proud of it, but it only got like 3 votes out of 150+ votes. I want to post it to get some opinions though.I wasn't about the winning part, I had a total blast doing it.

I understand what you mean. Sometimes a LO I think is one of my best gets pretty much ignored yet one that is just thrown together gets all kinds of praise.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I got a lot out of the challenge and am in the next round too. It's great fun to the kit and put it together. I thought it was one of my better LOs so that's all that matters, and I know that my dd will apprecite the picture when she gets older.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Exactly! Yes it's weird how some get more attention than others! Also, do you find your family have a very different reaction to people on here? Ones that get more praise on here or are maybe a bit more 'arty' get called weird by my family, they just don't seem to 'get' them somehow.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hey ladies! I just came cross this great Clean and Simple style gallery...have a look and see if you agree... sarahak's gallery

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

A lot of times I think the pictures here can't do them justice either. I see lots of ones with MANY types of patterned paper and I think it clahses, but in real life I'm sure it's much better, maybe less blurry or different colors. I know that when you the people in the pictures, it means more regardless.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-22-07 12:00 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
Exactly! Yes it's weird how some get more attention than others! Also, do you find your family have a very different reaction to people on here? Ones that get more praise on here or are maybe a bit more 'arty' get called weird by my family, they just don't seem to 'get' them somehow.

Yes! My DH doesn't know what he's looking at but he LOVES all my LO made with Bazzill . He can spot the other "good" paper too. He is not too sure about inking the edges but loves the heat embossing. He is completely fascinated with my sidekick.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

• scrappercaz Said:
Hey ladies! I just came cross this great Clean and Simple style gallery...have a look and see if you agree... sarahak's gallery

I've always loved her work. Have it saved in my favorites.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

• scrappercaz Said:

hello and good afternoon? to you all!

carolyn this gallery was truly amazing! Not a lo on there that I didn't love! Thanks for sharing!

I have a lo almost done...but dh has the camera so will post when I can!

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-22-07 12:41 PM
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:
Did another 2 pager tonight. I really love these photos and have been waiting a long time to scrap them.

The only problem is I have a title in mind.. I'm just not sure how to design it. So for right now it's kinda title-less...

I haven't finished reading the thread so maybe you already fixed your title problem but maybe if you told us a bit about the trip that would help to find a title.

You could title it something to do with the place, the people, the trip....

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Bran

i've noticed when i scan my lo, the color usualy goes really bright when i color adjust, but if the colors go together irl then they usually go together scanned. but the color change has brought my attention to parts of the lo i didn't pay to much attention to before.

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to sunberry2

Thanks for the comments ladies
The comment Becky (scrapjones) left is what I had planned to do on it. I just don't have any really BOLD lettering I can use ATM.

It does have a title "Spring at St. Auggy" I just don't have anything to make a title with...

That just means LSS HERE I COME!!!

• scrappercaz Said:
Isn't it lovely when you have photos that really inspire you rather than thinking "the photos aren't great but I need to record the occasion"....or is that just me??

I have that happen.. I got my camera at Christmas and was still figuring it out so the pictures are really horrible. But that was a pretty specail Christmas to me and it needs to be recorded.. maybe one page focused on journaling and one or two pictures as accents.. and now that I have myself inspired..

I haven't started scrapping chronologically yet. I've got tons of pics from before I met him as does he. The chronological scrapping was going to wait until AFTER the wedding. Right now I'm scrapping whatever catches my eye.

Nancy - can you point me in the way of which LO was for the challenge? I'd really love to see it.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

I've two LO's in mind..both one photo's..haven't done many of those before. If I get them done, I'll post..

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to ShirleyJB

Here's the LO I was talking about (and my competition lol) I'm going to move it to my own gallery now that the voting is over. My LO is the one titled Cousin. Thanks for asking

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/15/ti...

I'll be back on later tonight from home.

London
London 
Veteran
London

Thanks for sharing. I loved that photo

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to London

Nancy - left you a comment. Great work!

Off to bed in a min after a quick peek at the gallery, dh is snoring on the sofa and I've given up on the idea of any conversation with him tonight!

I intend to do a LO tomorrow.... we'll see if I manage it!!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-22-07 02:04 PM

Nancy, I think you did a great job. I think that in comparison to the page that won, the winning page just happen to have powerful picture and was more in depth but that doesn't mean that your page wasn't great the way it is.

You did a great job on your page. When you upload it to your gallery we can dissect it a bit more but I think the key was more layers more depth.

Also, I looked at the voting results and there is no way in heck that you got less votes then..well maybe I shouldn't name names. But there is a page that was very very simple and in my opinion plain and boring and I don't think that anyone in their right mind would have voted for that page over yours. So maybe in addition to depth of page it is width of voting Friends?!

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to Bran

I have to agree with Bran on that one..

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to London

Definately agree with Bran on this, your layout was super cute... I see it a lot, people will pm all their friends and get them all to vote for them... I had someone do this for a contest on another site, and I voted for the one that was my favorite... it didn't happen to be my friends but oh well that is what a contest is! Great job though!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Ok..here's "Oldsmobile"

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/170625/view /843159/-...

The journaling will be about how my MIL bought the car new, later gave it to my DH, who then gave it to me. He asked me if I wanted to drive it, and I asked him to paint it red..so, he painted it red and added the mags.

I considered putting the "1974" vertically between the pic and the journaling block..but..I dunno.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to ShirleyJB

The girl who hosts it also agreed with you that there were others that didn't deserve the votes it got. I know I was honest and I advertised to get votes, but I didn't tell people which one was mine.I know people aren't always honest. I wasn't really in it to win, it was a lot of fun to work with people to make up the kit and my page I think has a lot of potential. I absolutely love the picture too so that's all that matters.

I'm going to move it to my gallery and I'll appreciate any comment you have. I think it can be a great page, and now that the contest part is over, I can add other stuff to it.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Ok here it is in my own gallery. I was thinking of matting the photo and maybe taking the heart clip off the picture and replacing the clip on the tag with the heart. Other than that I'm completely open to suggestion. I have lots of stuff left in the coordinating kit, apple green bling, more clips, blue letters, blue staples and more kinds of ribbon. Of course I'm not limited to things in my kit now, but they do coordinate perfectly.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/148605/view /843181/-...

I'm heading over to look at the oldsmobile right now.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I think i am finally caught up on comments. It's unbelieveble how active this thread is!!!

Just wanted to let you all know that you all do some great work and i am enjoying looking at everyone's galleries.

have a great night!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Shirley I left you some comments, love the car! Really cool!

Nancy also left you some comments, love the pic and colors on your page!

I'm off to take a photo and upload a lo. I'll be back!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-22-07 05:57 PM

Nancy, I commented on your page. I actually feel a little scared. I don't want you to feel hurt or upset by my comment (I tend to be a straight shootin' kind-a-girl )

I really really liked your page but in the spirit of critique and seeing the winning page is how I left my comment

Love Bran <-- This is a command, not a statement or closing

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Bran you are too funny!

Ok here is the lo... it started out looking great, and then I journaled, A Lot! And Now I'm just not sure I love it...

Birds

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

Wow, this thread really moves. I can normally keep up but I've been off most of yesterday and today with a few times I checked in.

But that's what makes it interesting.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I appreciate your comments. You don't need to be scared. When you said the corner did you the upper right corner where the blue circle is? Also, Becky if I move it over to th left it will hit the flower. I think the flower is down pretty good, I'd be scared to move that.

Becky I'll leave comments in th morning. I'm whipped and am heading to bed. So much for doing more scrapping on my only night off lol

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

I am shocked about the challenges. I must be so naive. I would never even imagine people would ask their friends to vote for them. How awful.

All caught up on commenting. I just added a couple pages to my Disney album today. I'm not too good at multi-tasking, so I must admit, I can't wait until I finish that album so I can focus on just my chronological one. Well, off to bed early tonight. Good night everyone!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Good Night Lauri, and Nancy!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-22-07 08:10 PM

ok girls,

Here is my lastest WIP, let me know what you think before I start to glue

Current Page

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-22-07 08:17 PM

• scrappindmbfan Said:
When you said the corner did you the upper right corner where the blue circle is?

Yes, where the blue circle is. And, if you could do something around that circle of flowers. I think that circle is so cool and you did such a great job but it somehow gets muted.
JMO

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to Bran

Becky, I left a comment about your Humming Birds. I liked that page alot. Great job!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to London

Hi everyone! (I wish I was on the same time scale as you all

Shirley, I loved your car LO and left comments there but you're probably ahead of me and have fnished it already!
Nancy, I'm obviously a bit naive too - I wouldn't have thought about people calling in all their friends to vote for their LO specifically. That's not really the spirit of it, is it?!
Becky J - that Birds LO was fabulous - so creative and original. Loved it.
Bran, left a few comments on your 26 weeks LO - great pic!

I have a ton of paper work/home admin stuff to do at home today, really boring stuff like filling in passport renewal forms for all 4 of us (yawn) and chasing the Royal Mail for a claim I filed with them at the beginning of April for a lost parcel....so I plan to relieve the boredom at some point by doing a LO if time allows. Hope to catch up with your all later!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

I think I'm caught up!

Thanks for all the input, everyone. Its not glued yet, so I can still make changes. I'm going to do that this afternoon, play around with it and then glue it down.

Left some comments on some LO's..loved the birds, Becky!

Bran..wish I had thought to take pics when I was preggers..too late now, my "baby" is 22...

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to ShirleyJB

• ShirleyJB Said:

Bran..wish I had thought to take pics when I was preggers..too late now, my "baby" is 22...

Me too!!

London
London 
Veteran
London

Well, I added a title to my Spring page.

Page 1
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327/view /843657/-...

Page 2
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I also wanted to thank you Lauri, for making this group. I haven't been this inspired in a long time. I honestly can remember the last time I scraped a page a day. Usually it was more like one a week..

Thanks for helping to inspire.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:
I also wanted to thank you Lauri, for making this group. I haven't been this inspired in a long time. I honestly can remember the last time I scraped a page a day. Usually it was more like one a week..

Thanks for helping to inspire.

Absolutely, Shell. I'm really glad at how it turned out. What a fantastic group of women.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Here here!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Need everyone's opinion. I did a LO last night of my son in the bathtub, surrounded by bubbles. Can't see anything. He has his head buried in the bubbles...all you see is the side of his head. I titled it "Man I Hope...You're Just Lookin' For the Soap". Truly funny. But...the question is...do I dare post it in the gallery at the risk of offending someone...or am I better off just putting it in my book and not sharing it. Wondered what you thought...

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-23-07 08:34 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

IMO no one is offended by the kid covered in bubbles. I think where it starts to be a problem is where there are pics that show a little more that may attract peds to check out more gallerys. Sadly what Moms see as a little baby hiney peds see as something else.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Keys

It sounds safe to post to me because of the bubbles. If you are worried though, perhaps set up a 'private' album and upload it to there so that only friends can view it. I'm pretty sure there's a way to do that? Funny title!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Keys

completely agree with micki

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

sounds like a cute pic, i tried to get something of that sort with dd. didnt'work though the bubbles all died really quickly

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I agree that could post the pic. It sounds safe to me!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Rileysmom06

peds...oh dear...hadn't considered that as it's a totally PG picture...I was more worried about the title offending someone, due to the potential "innuendo". Didn't want the gallery police knocking on my screen...

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-23-07 11:08 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
peds...oh dear...hadn't considered that as it's a totally PG picture...I was more worried about the title offending someone, due to the potential "innuendo". Didn't want the gallery police knocking on my screen...

I never thought about it until someone mentioned it. It seems that on another site a ped started lifting childrens pics and reposting elsewhere.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Keys

I actually have an amzing LO...another site I participate on has baggies challenges and this was one of those, anyways I'd love to post it but am scared of what people might think of the pictures. It's my dd when she was 2-3 in just her diaper and her snow boots. Way cute pictures, but I'm using discretion in posting them. It's kinda sad we have to worry about stuff like that.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi all, dds are in bed and dh is watching fooball so I've just uploaded this LO for your opinions...please?
And now I'll go back through the thread and see what everyone else has been up to today!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
Need everyone's opinion. I did a LO last night of my son in the bathtub, surrounded by bubbles. Can't see anything. He has his head buried in the bubbles...all you see is the side of his head. I titled it "Man I Hope...You're Just Lookin' For the Soap". Truly funny. But...the question is...do I dare post it in the gallery at the risk of offending someone...or am I better off just putting it in my book and not sharing it. Wondered what you thought...

I think you'd be ok to upload your LO. If anyone was offended then I'd kind of think they'd be in the minority and I guess you can't please all the people all the time! As for the sickos...as long as nothing is showing in the pics the risk would be negligable but we can never say never. Go with your instinct I'd say.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-23-07 12:56 PM

All caught up. Marking spot

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i need suggestions on what to do with a mini album. it has 9 painful blank pages and i cant think of what to do with them. i was thinking a top 10 list of sorts but then again there's 9 pages and i think that i want to keep in odd #.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Lauri amd Micki, thanks for your comments, I had thought about white brads in the centre of the flowers but I don't have any at the moment.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• outsidechic Said:
i need suggestions on what to do with a mini album. it has 9 painful blank pages and i cant think of what to do with them. i was thinking a top 10 list of sorts but then again there's 9 pages and i think that i want to keep in odd #.

I saw a mini book once where each page was about a different colour. They used little photos of examples of the colour (eg grass for the green page) but also things like labels, paint sample strips, writing in the appropriate colour pen and journaling about what the colour represented to them.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:

Some people are offended by most anything. While others overly worry about pedofiles. But even pictures of shoes or feet can be sexual for some people. Where do you draw the line?

I say post it. In one layout, my sister had me cover up the naked fronts and let anyone see his behind. I digitally covered his behind before uploading but if you look at the album irl there it is, so cute, too.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/45338/view/ 821777/-1...

Here's they're in the tub. They're twins and as sweet and innocent as they can be. Some people may not like that they're kissing but I think it's cute. I'm really proud of how I did the bubbles in this layout:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/45338/view/ 786803/-1...

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Vivian loves BLING

They are very cute. Unfortunately there is a minority who will infiltrate almost anything to feed their sick minds but I try to keep it in proportion. I look at other kids, as I'm sure we all do, as I do my own. It's sad we even have to think about the risk though

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-23-07 01:40 PM

I agree Vivian! You cannot always dictate your behavior by what someone else does or does not like.

Just an example but my Husband and his entire family do not like, that is putting it mildly, that I allow my child to kiss me on the mouth. Guess what, oh freaking well! I kiss my son on the mouth and they can kiss me on the butt

Edited by Bran on 05-23-07 01:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

Frankly the thought of anyone kissing anyone's butt is disturbing to me. So no pix of that please.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-23-07 01:45 PM

• VivianR-Pobrecita Said:
Frankly the thought of anyone kissing anyone's butt is disturbing to me. So no pix of that please.

hahaha, but I've been working out!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappercaz Said:
They are very cute. Unfortunately there is a minority who will infiltrate almost anything to feed their sick minds but I try to keep it in proportion. I look at other kids, as I'm sure we all do, as I do my own. It's sad we even have to think about the risk though

I'm not the most well balanced person but I've learned that someone's not going to like something I'm doing. I do my best not to post any names. Even if I let the name show as in a title, I usually don't write in the description. This way search engines can't find it.

For the most part, there's other places far easier for pervs to cruise than this site. So I guess I let my guard down more here than elsewhere on the web.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • VivianR-Pobrecita Said:

hahaha, but I've been working out!!

Then show your butt, girl! But not anyone kissing it! That's just disturbing!

Now to get back to scrapping. I'm still frustrated with my next two pager. So I might cruise the gallery for inspiration!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-23-07 01:48 PM

There are more "interesting" and fruitful places for a pervy to go, I agree. I think that as long as we do our best not to show any actual parts you are fine. You can see more on a diaper commercial.

Edited by Bran on 05-23-07 01:49 PM. Reason for edit: I am a retard

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

Carolyn, I'm sorry it has to be such a dilemma for you. I wish it were something we didn't have to worry about here. It's such a wonderful neighborhood, but who knows what kind of people are lurking. Have you decided if you will post it?

Vivian, you changed your name!! What does it mean??

LOL Brandy on your 'reason for edit.' I am too.

Didn't do any new pages today, hopefully I will tomorrow though! Will check in again before bed.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

OK...here it is...it's so cute!!

LO

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Vivian, love the photos of the kids in the tub. Too cute!!

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to sunberry2

Carolyn - left you a comment on "Love you Sis" that was a really sweet LO!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to London

Well..still not glued. In fact, I didn't even look at this afternoon, other than here.

Daughter is finishing up at Everest Inst. tonight and needed to make enchiladas to take..translation: Mom needed to make enchiladas. To top that off, there wasn't enough cheese left to make any for us, here at home, so it was chicken and cheese(there was a small amount) quesadillas.

So..two more days of work, then a half day..then I can get back to scrapping. However, tomorrow, I take my paper to work with me to use their die cuts..schools have really cool dies..

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Lycosparks Said:
Carolyn, I'm sorry it has to be such a dilemma for you. I wish it were something we didn't have to worry about here. It's such a wonderful neighborhood, but who knows what kind of people are lurking. Have you decided if you will post it?

Vivian, you changed your name!! What does it mean??

LOL Brandy on your 'reason for edit.' I am too.

Didn't do any new pages today, hopefully I will tomorrow though! Will check in again before bed.

It's from the I made it to GURU thread. I was called a poor baby in Spanish because I complained about the long gap between Angel and Deity. So I tagged it to my name for now.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Kate, that page was adorable! I'm sure nobody will take offense to that title. It's too funny.

Shirley, sounds like a busy busy day! I love quesadillas. I bet you're really looking forward to scrapping soon!!

LOL Vivian. Pobrecita, I'll have to remember that one!

Page 4 of 223 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics