Page 5 of 223 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Lycosparks

Hello and goodnight ladies, not so much time to scrap or be on here today... I'll be back tomorrow and have a lo to post, have a great night!
Becky

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to scrapjones

Thanks for the kind words on the bathtub LO...didn't mean to make a big deal out of nothing...was just wanting to be sure.

One more day 'til Friday...three day weekend...YIPPEE

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to scrappindmbfan

• scrappindmbfan Said:
I actually have an amzing LO...another site I participate on has baggies challenges and this was one of those, anyways I'd love to post it but am scared of what people might think of the pictures. It's my dd when she was 2-3 in just her diaper and her snow boots. Way cute pictures, but I'm using discretion in posting them. It's kinda sad we have to worry about stuff like that.

Hi ladies, just catching up for lost time yesterday! Can't beleive we have to worry about this kinda stuff! I hadn't really thought about it, and now am rethinking pics of my kids on here at all!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• Lycosparks Said:
Carolyn, I'm sorry it has to be such a dilemma for you. I wish it were something we didn't have to worry about here. It's such a wonderful neighborhood, but who knows what kind of people are lurking. Have you decided if you will post it?

This wasn't really my dilemma Lauri, I was just joining in Kate's discussion about posting the LO of her son in the bubbly bath. It is a sad realisation that 'they' can be anywhere but what can you do?

No scrapping for me today so far. Was out at work all morning then dh was home unexpectedly this afternoon so I couldn't just scrap all afternoon or he'd think I had an easy life LOL. Maybe I'll get somthing done later. Have a good day everyone - I'm off to pick up the girls from school now and do the clubs/tea/runaround session. Only 18 months until Steph can drive - not sure if I'm looking forward to that or not

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to scrappercaz

Oh wow I'm so sorry, Carolyn! I was so scattered yesterday, I must have associated the wrong name to the situation. I meant to say Kate. Oh I'm a lil embarrassed now.

BeckyJ, hope things slow down for you soon. I look forward to seeing that lo!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

No scrapping for me for a few days MIL is in town so i will be busy entertaining her.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Rileysmom06

No problem Lauri - didn't mean to 'tell you off' LOL. It's quite a job keeping up on here!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

me lo

Ok here is the lo I did yesterday... The black is actually not part of the lo, it is clipped to a black clipboard, I think it looks like part of it, I will rephoto it later, I will be changing the black scallop strip to a smaller scallop... just have to go get the template .
I'm off for a while to go to dd's preschool graduation, and oldest dd's honor roll assembly. Have a great day ladies!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Have a good day Becky, LOVE the LO - great job - left a comment for you!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-24-07 11:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 12:12 PM

Becky, Great job!!

How is everyone today? I am getting ready to upload the final draft of my page. It has been going so slow here lately. Not a lot of time to scrap.

Nap time has been filled with budgets and house cleaning

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Hey Bran,
sorry so long to reply, I was ordering prints from costco. It should be simple but it's time consuming! My day has been crazy but good. I also did the budget thing this morning, to see all the money we have, or don't have!
How has your day been?

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 01:00 PM

At least you got your done! I am still waiting on DH to freaking look at May's budget!!!!!! I have to start June though.

Oh!!! Dr. Phil is on That means it lunch time! Yeah hehehe

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Ok, so I'm stuck... I have photos from several events and there are tons of photos, I just can't scrap them! I think there are just too many pics! I really Love one pic lo's! Do any of you have any suggestions for multiple pic. lo's?

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Have fun watching Dr.Phil! I don't get that station, I miss his big ole bald head!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi Becky, have you tried any of the sketch websites for ideas? There one or two I could recommend but should I pm them to you? Also there's a lady on her called kadordea who does a lot of multi photo LOs with what I call everyday subjects like holidays etc. You can search for neighbours by name I believe so you should be able to find her - let me know if not. I'm assuming you've done the 5+ photo search in the gallery here? Just ask if I can help further

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 01:28 PM

• scrapjones Said:
Ok, so I'm stuck... I have photos from several events and there are tons of photos, I just can't scrap them! I think there are just too many pics! I really Love one pic lo's! Do any of you have any suggestions for multiple pic. lo's?

Can you give us an idea of the pictures that we are talking about here? is there anyway you can scan the pictures so we can get an idea of the possibilities

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Thanks Carolyn, I haven't searched anywhere yet! I guess I need too!
I'll go browse the gallery and I know of one site, Pencillines.com I like their stuff, it's cute!

Bran, thank you to! I can't scan anything right now because our printer is out of ink in one color so we can't print even black and white, and it won't let me scan anything! I'm getting really frustrated by always having to take a pic, then upload it. Oh well what can you do when it's not in your budget
Oh the pics are from Christmas 06 , Easter 07, the zoo, a girls night we had, and our garden (which might need it's own album!)

I'll go browse and see what I come up with

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 01:50 PM

depending on how much you want to see and show depends on what you can do.

For example, if you just want to show some people's faces you could (say for the zoo lo) create a page of die cut zoo animals with the kids faces in place of the animal face. Or for Christmas you could have the pictures printed smaller (wallet size maybe) and place them on a Christmas tree as Christmas balls.

OR--man I have a ton of ideas - you could cut the photo's in strips and utilize space that way.. I have a picture of that I can post for you...

It is hard with out an idea of what you do or don't want to do, what the photos look like blah blah blah

Edited by Bran on 05-24-07 02:19 PM. Reason for edit: I type faster then my brain works

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 01:51 PM
In response to Bran

Ok, any last minute suggestions before i glue this bad boy down?

LO

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Bran thanks for all the ideas! I need to get down to business!

Great job on your lo, looks great! I left some comments.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 02:21 PM

Hey Becky The only problem with trimming the edge is that button. I want the button to be on that corner there and if I trim it back then the button covers the journaling so you can read it...

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

It looks 'finished' to me - great job!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 02:23 PM

That's it...I'm going for it..I'm going to glue it!!!!! hehehe

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

G'night all - off for some beauty sleep (hehe).

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

Well..no scrapping yet. House is a little "crazy" right now, with a nearly 3yo trying to "cook" with ketchup, margarine and Sunny D..anyone want dinner?

I did manage to use the die cut machine at work for a while and got some cute die cuts..want more though..

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-24-07 02:43 PM
In response to ShirleyJB

I haven't done much with paper with week either. The parts for our sunroom came in and I am running trying to get last minute furniture moving done, curtains washed...so I can just focus on that room when it gets here.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 02:56 PM
In response to Keys

I finally finished my page. Thank you all for your help. Here is the finished product
26 Weeks

The next page should be funner, it is about a Jimmy Buffet concert

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Bran, I see your point on the trimming...either way it's still cute, and trimming it is just my perfectionist self shining thru! It looks great!
That's what happened with my last lo, with the black around the edges, I couldn't trim the edges for the black, because the pp and stuff was already there. Oh well!

Mikki, I happened upon a thread about MIL's, and lady yours is Crazy! Some of the stuff was like it came out of a horror movie! That stinks! I definately clash with mine, but she's no where near the stories I read today!

Shirley I feel your pain and or stress! Your little one sounds like a handful! Have a great dinner!

Edited by scrapjones on 05-24-07 03:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 03:57 PM

Oh please please please I need to read that! Where oh where can I find MIL stories

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Bran

I need MIL stories too. Mine's coming for the weekend, and wants to move here too!!!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 04:31 PM

Totally off topic..

What does HL stand for? It is a store of some sort where people are always buying scrap supplies but I can't fiqure out what it stands for

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Bran

Hobby Lobby

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-24-07 04:44 PM

• Rileysmom06 Said:
Hobby Lobby

huh, never heard of it

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Bran

I think they are mainly located in the midwest. I used to live in Omaha, and they had one.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

New one that needs fresh eyes...

HelpThisLayout

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

Ooh thanks Becky...I did think about painting the K...I have some great metallic paint in gold I thought would be neat. I was just afraid of ruining it, 'til I remembered I got it on clearance for 65 cents...I can go buy another tomorrow if it doesn't work...

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to JHAWKEYE

OK caught up to here. Anyone have plans for the long weekend?? I'm leaving for my parents' house in NY tomorrow when Joe gets home from work. Saturday is my Dad's 50th birthday, so it'll be a big weekend for us! Hope to get lots of pics to scrap.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Oh Kate I think that would look great! My only comment was that the metal stood out a bit, being the only silver, but the paint could really help it coordinate with the page. Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • Rileysmom06 Said:
Hobby Lobby

huh, never heard of it

I love Hobby Lobby! They have them in New Mexico, (we used to live there) I miss them, they seemed to have better sales than Mike's or JoAnn's.

How has everyones evenings been? I'm off to check out your lo Kate.

Lauri have fun in New York, that sounds like a fun trip! We are headed to Utah to visit dh's grandparents.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-24-07 11:04 PM

• scrapjones Said:
  • Bran Said:
  • Rileysmom06 Said:
Hobby Lobby

huh, never heard of it

I love Hobby Lobby! They have them in New Mexico, (we used to live there) I miss them, they seemed to have better sales than Mike's or JoAnn's.

I was just about to say we had one here in ABQ. I prefer them way above Mikes or JA's.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-24-07 11:08 PM

• scrapjones Said:

Mikki, I happened upon a thread about MIL's, and lady yours is Crazy! Some of the stuff was like it came out of a horror movie! That stinks! I definately clash with mine, but she's no where near the stories I read today!

Isn't she a nut case!?!?! I still laugh about her moving my furniture around downstairs. Can you imagine waking up, going downstairs for your first pot of coffee and finding all your furniture on 1 wall?!?!?!?! I just told DH to get it fixed and fast! (I guess she couldn't find enough dirt to complain about so she had to go looking for dust bunnies???)

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Keys

Last day of school! We had planned to go to the beach for the weekend, but its raining. Guess I'll just have to stay home and work on LO's..

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Keys

• BibleKitty Said:
  • scrapjones Said:

Isn't she a nut case!?!?! I still laugh about her moving my furniture around downstairs. Can you imagine waking up, going downstairs for your first pot of coffee and finding all your furniture on 1 wall?!?!?!?! I just told DH to get it fixed and fast! (I guess she couldn't find enough dirt to complain about so she had to go looking for dust bunnies???)

Sounds like she needs a healthy hobby.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Thanks BeckyJ, hope you have a nice time in Utah too!

Yay for the last day of school, Shirley! Sorry you can't go to the beach. But hey, scrapping isn't a terrible alternative, right?

I don't have a LSS, HL, J's, or M's. Just an A.C. Moore. But I did hear a rumor that I'm getting an actual sb store nearby!! I am so excited to check it out. I can't imagine how dangerous that will be!

Well, I'm off to Wal-mart. Everytime we visit my parents we have to bring Fudge Rounds. LOL. Their grocery stores don't have them. I'll check in again this afternoon. Have a nice Friday everyone!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Hey everyone! I was super busy at work yesterday and didn't get to check-in much. Then to top it off I've been working my 2nd job every night. I don't have any major plans this weekend. My dh is working all weekend so it's just me and the kids. I'm hoping to get my 2 challenges done this weekend, and I need do some major cleaning in our bedroom so I can paint in there in a few weeks. If I was really motivated I'd get the painting done this weekend but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm also wanting to take my kids to see the new Pirates movie.

I'm home from work today to attend a memorial service, I'll be back around this afternoon hopefully.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi everyone! where do the days go??? Already it's 3.30 and I have to go in a minute to do the school run and then they have a week off school coming up. We have had some fab early summer weather here (I know, that's unusual for the UK) but it's raining now (more usual I suppose) and we have a public holiday on Monday so lots of plans for barbeques are on hold as I don't think the weather will improve over the next few days! Typical.
I'm so excited because I have just got the proof through from the printers for a leaflet for my new business I'm starting...doing other people's scrapbooks for them - I know it's weird but not everyone likes scrapping apparently I don't know what you all think as I gather a it's not uncommen in the US but I haven't found anyone doing it here. I'm offering to either do an ongoing family album, like most of us do, or one-offs as gifts, brag books etc. I know I'm not the best scrapper in the world by a long way but a few friends have already asked me to do albums for them so I guess what I do seems ok to people who don't do it themselves! Wish me luck!!!
I have 2 girls at private school so I need the money and if I can do it with scrapbooking then - what could be better?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Oh Carolyn, how wonderful! Good luck! I hope to do the same thing within a few years. You'll have to let me know how it works out!

Wow Nancy, so busy! Even on the holiday Monday? Enjoy Pirates. I'd like to go see that at the drive-in next weekend I think.

So glad it's almost the weekend!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Lauri - you still have drive ins? How lucky!! Ours went away many moons ago and it's a shame...closest thing we get is during the summer they show movies in our downtown area outside on the side of a bank building...kind of a neat idea but no where near as fun as a drive in...

I took this afternoon off...will be stopping by HL for 1/2 price paper and a white doodling pen...any bets that I come home with more than that???

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Keys

• BibleKitty Said:
  • scrapjones Said:

Micki, yes she does sound like a real peice of work! I couldn't even believe all the stuff I was reading!

yay Shirley! It's our last day of school too! Love the summer time!

Carolyn, that sounds like a great idea, I've heard of it before, but to me since I scrap I can't imagine people doing that, but I guess not everyone scraps!
This sounds great, good luck with it!

Lauri wow drive ins! I've never actually been to one, they don't have them here anymore. Have fun!

Kate yes I bet you will find something else that isn't on your list... isn't that usually how it goes! I've been to JoAnn's twice in the past week, and find more stuff each time! Have fun!

Edited by scrapjones on 05-25-07 07:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-25-07 07:33 AM

• VivianR-Pobrecita Said:
  • BibleKitty Said:
  • scrapjones Said:

Sounds like she needs a healthy hobby.

She has all kinds of hobbies!! (only she is not any good at any of them IMO). She has sewn the kids and myself all kinds of stuff that hit the bin as fast as they come into the house. The baby blanket she made DS was so crude and rough it drew blood!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-25-07 07:42 AM

• scrapjones Said:
  • BibleKitty Said:
  • scrapjones Said:

Micki, yes she does sound like a real peice of work! I couldn't even believe all the stuff I was reading!

The first counselor I dragged DH to wasn't believing all of it either. I could tell by the look on his face. He then turned to DH and asked if all this really happened. DH said "oh yes". (At this point in time DH still thought his family was normal). The guy started apologizing to me something fierce. He then let DH know that this was not normal behavior then he started giving DH instructions.

I can laugh about it now. We moved 4 extra hours away and I don't have to see her that often. The next counselor said to only let the kids see her enough so that they know she is off so they don't thing we are keeping them from the "fairy tale grandmother". We talk before she comes about what to expect. They give me the funniest looks.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Keys

After reading all the MIL stuff I feel really lucky!! Mine is going a little batty (it runs in the family!!) but she's never been anything but lovely with me and the girls - thank goodness! We generally only see them for a day or so at a time when we go or they visit for birthdays etc but I have been on holidays with them for 2 weeks and amazingly it worked fine. I must be blessed!

Kate, you'll have to report back with what you ended up buying at your LSS but I get the feeling you already know it'll be more than is on your list!

Drive-ins - that's such a typical American thing - obviously I've never been to one and I've only seen them in films. Must be fun!

Pirate - is that #3? It's just out here and we're off to see it next week sometime while the kids are off school.

Maybe I'll have time for a little scrappping this evening...you never know my luck.

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-25-07 07:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Keys

Micki, well at least your DH is with you on the craziness, it would be another thing if he agreed with the MIL. I've gone the rounds a couple times with my MIL, my DH also supports me and knows most of the time MIL is in the wrong. Thankgoodness for that!
But it's hard, I live 1.5 miles away from MIL, and she has recently taken up scrapping, actually the scrapping has given us common ground to talk about, so that's a plus.

Edited by scrapjones on 05-25-07 09:15 AM. Reason for edit: (She may be looking!)

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

I didn't have drive-ins growing up. But I bought a house near my college here in PA and we actually have a couple locally. It's one of the things I'll miss most when we move in a few years. Such an awesome experience.

Kate, yeah good luck buying just what's on your list. NEVER happens!

Lots of MIL talk, wow. My future MIL is so sweet to me. I'm from NY and she's a real country 'redneck' so it's difficult to relate to her though. Is 'redneck' an offensive term? Because I don't mean for it to be. Hmmm.

Anyway... HELP! I'm finishing up a page about my sister-in-law who is pregnant right now. I saved room for chipboard letters for my title, but I'm out of R, B, and G. So I can't say titles that I had in mind like 'Prego' 'Girl' or 'Baby'. Any ideas?? Other than to go out and buy more... I'm on a budget and already spent my $$ for the month.

Edited by Lycosparks on 05-25-07 09:32 AM. Reason for edit: LOL just saying hi because it's the cool thing to do!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Somehow all I can think of as titles are really long, like "the shape of things to come" and "look to the future" and "the best is yet to come". sorry not very inspired tonight!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

oh i like those actually! i'll write them down. i'm sure i'll have more pregnancy pages in the near-future! thanks!

i decided i have other alphabet choices, so i used 'oh, baby' for my title. will post in a bit!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Ok here it is! Oh Baby. Specifically, is there anything I can do with the chipboard flower?
Maybe to make the 'oh' stand out more?

And here is another page I would just like to show you. Thanks, girls!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-25-07 10:57 AM

• scrapjones Said:

But it's hard, I live 1.5 miles away from MIL, and she has recently taken up scrapping, actually the scrapping has given us common ground to talk about, so that's a plus.

I think I would die.

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to Keys

Wow! I'm so far behind. I'm going to try and make it up over the weekend and catch up on comments! I haven't had much time this week to work on LOs, but hopefully I'll find some time this weekend for that too.
For now, I need to go to work...

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Keys

• BibleKitty Said:
  • scrapjones Said:

I think I would die.

Yeah I've had my moments, for sure!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Lauri, your page with the inventer title... Is there a watermark behind the black title? I couldn't tell if it was my computer screen or how it was done, anyway it looks awesome!

Edited by scrapjones on 05-25-07 11:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Lauri, I love both those LOs - great examples of the C and S style! Can I ask how you titled the Joe LO? are they rub-ons or computer generated? They look great!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Oh thank you so much, BeckyJ and Carolyn, for noticing the title. It's actually a bit easier to see IRL. Nope, no rub-ons. I printed it directly onto the cardstock and then copied, enlarged, and lightened it as well for the watermark-type effect.

Just found the font that I used for 'inventor' yesterday on dafont dot com, and I love it! It's called Civilian. I'm SOOOO addicted to fonts.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I love them but I still don't feel that I've really got to grips with them somehow. My dd downloads them for me (Don't laugh but..I'm 'that age' when it doesn't come naturally I'm afraid -she's explained it and I'm sure I could do it if I really concentrated but...) and then my printer doesn't seem to like cardstock that much even on the right setting. Its something I really want to focus on and master - it can't be that hard!!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-25-07 12:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Lycosparks Said:
I didn't have drive-ins growing up. But I bought a house near my college here in PA and we actually have a couple locally. It's one of the things I'll miss most when we move in a few years. Such an awesome experience.

Kate, yeah good luck buying just what's on your list. NEVER happens!

Lots of MIL talk, wow. My future MIL is so sweet to me. I'm from NY and she's a real country 'redneck' so it's difficult to relate to her though. Is 'redneck' an offensive term? Because I don't mean for it to be. Hmmm.

Anyway... HELP! I'm finishing up a page about my sister-in-law who is pregnant right now. I saved room for chipboard letters for my title, but I'm out of R, B, and G. So I can't say titles that I had in mind like 'Prego' 'Girl' or 'Baby'. Any ideas?? Other than to go out and buy more... I'm on a budget and already spent my $$ for the month.

You may not want to use the term "redneck" It's not normally a good adjective. A country girl is what she sounds like. Rednecks tend to be brawling, tobacco spitting, cussing, uncouth, etc. I've met some that were all these and will be the first to help in the time of need, while others would kick you down further.

Even in Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if..." jokes, these are people you'd want to say your mother-in-law is.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

• Lycosparks Said:
Oh thank you so much, BeckyJ and Carolyn, for noticing the title. It's actually a bit easier to see IRL. Nope, no rub-ons. I printed it directly onto the cardstock and then copied, enlarged, and lightened it as well for the watermark-type effect.

Just found the font that I used for 'inventor' yesterday on dafont dot com, and I love it! It's called Civilian. I'm SOOOO addicted to fonts.

I love fonts too. I think I nee to go back to 8 1/2x 11, because I can't print on 12x12. Oh and my printer has been out of ink for about 3-4 months, so that makes a big difference!
Lauri that title was so Great, I loved it!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

OOOh ok, thanks Vivian. I'd hate to have said it in public! All I know is that she doesn't have a very clean mouth sometimes, and she calls herself a 'redneck' anyway. So I had to make sure!

OK I'm off to NY in a few. Will have my laptop with me (I'm a loser like that) so I hope not to fall too far behind this weekend. Hope everyone has a great few days!! Take care!!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

• VivianR-Pobrecita Said:
  • Lycosparks Said:

You may not want to use the term "redneck" It's not normally a good adjective. A country girl is what she sounds like. Rednecks tend to be brawling, tobacco spitting, cussing, uncouth, etc. I've met some that were all these and will be the first to help in the time of need, while others would kick you down further.

Even in Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if..." jokes, these are people you'd want to say your mother-in-law is.

I've lived in the heart of "rednecks" and in my opinion most of them are stand up, good, down to earth people... (I consider myself a little bit of a redneck!)

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

I'm a failure...I absolutely bought more than what was on my list...dang it...more stuff to scrap with...what a heavy weight to bear...**sniff**

K...think this LO is done...whatcha think?

Kyle @ 6 months

Thanks for lookin'...hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

• Lycosparks Said:

Thanks Lauri...went to check out dafont and ended up downloading 15 before I made myself stop...It's like bein' a kid in a candy store!!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-25-07 05:20 PM

• Lycosparks Said:
I printed it directly onto the cardstock and then copied, enlarged, and lightened it as well for the watermark-type effect.

How do you print directly on the cs and THEN do all the copying and stuff? Can you explain it me better cause I really do like what you did.

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle
In response to Bran

I have been reviewing and reading about everybody's new LOs and I felt so bad that its been so long since *I* actually did one. So here's mine for tonight. I'm happy with it, but I think I might go back and outline the title to make it stick out a little more.

Nashville Is...

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-25-07 08:51 PM
In response to amylashelle

I tried to comment on all new links.

You guys are really banging out those pages! I have to get to work

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Hope everyone has a great night...heading out tomorrow for a little fam. vacation. Wish us luck on making our flights, (flying standby stinks!)
Don't know if I'll be on till I get back Thursday...till then, keep scrapin!
Have a great LONG weekend!
Becky

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Amy and Kate - great LOs - have left you comments.

Bran I'm with you on the font thing.I'd like to get more explanation so I can try that! When Lauri's back we'll have to ask her again!

I so want to do a LO today - I've been trying to find time for the last few days but other stuff keeps taking priority...maybe today!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-26-07 12:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Link

I actually had some time last night and was playing with some scraps. Do you think I need to add anything to the upper left corner to kind of balance it, or does it look ok??

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 06:53 AM

Becky, Great page. I don't know that you need to add anything. I think it looks great!

Neat title, is that rub on or print?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I think that it's great as it is! If you added anything in that corner it might be a bit too symetrical, in my opinion anyway. It's lovely and very fitting for such a pretty baby!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
Becky, Great page. I don't know that you need to add anything. I think it looks great!

Neat title, is that rub on or print?

Thanks for the comments...The title is a rub on...first time i have used one of these things!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 08:05 AM

How did you line it up so well. I have never used one. I am afraid I won't line it up right and it will be all squiggly looking

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Bran

Just got lucky I guess! Actually, I put down a couple pencil lines.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

well I'm home scrapping for a little bit today. I'm still stuck on this one LO that needed for a challenge at the end of the week. I jut can't decide on colors. Maybe I'll upload what I have and you guys can give me some feedback. It's stumping me bigtime.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 10:05 AM

I'm ready Freddy. Upload that bad boy

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 10:18 AM
In response to Bran

Ok, I have a question/problem. I'm doing Braden's baby book (I know, big shock, who would have guessed) and in addition to the belly pic's I have a few pic's of us preparing the house. Painting, yard work, house repairs stuff like that that I wanted to include. I don't know if I should just throw them in the mix OR if I should put at "Getting Ready" section after or before the belly shots....

What do you think?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

I would put the getting ready page before the belly pictures.

Ok I'm uploading in a second. I'm sooo stumped.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Ok here it is. The only thing from the challenge I need is the title...it's the lyric challenge so th lyrics are a must. Other than that it needs some help. I've been cutting mats, and circles and changing papers and can't decide what configuration to use. I'm not planning on journaling, just putting the date somewhere. Any help is appreciated. Nothing is glued down except for the black mat, which can easily be replaced/redone.Of course it's gonna need some embellishments too. I have some buttons that match and some gorgeous ribbon that's th green color...HELP!!!

In need of great help

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 10:48 AM

Ok quick questions,

do you do 8.5x11 or 12x12. Is this the only pic your have/want to use? What size is the picture?

Edited by Bran on 05-26-07 10:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

It's a 12x12. It's the only picture and it's 4x6. I was thinking of maybe enlarging it to 5x7.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 10:51 AM

Ok give me just a minute. I am going to see if I can sketch anything

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

thanks for your help. I'll be back in a few minutes

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

Hi, I had a look at your challenge and I think enlarging it would be good if you can. I think I'd put it on a coloured mat then layer up random squares/rectangles of 2 or 3 different pps/cardstock that work together, making a kind of background in the centre of the page. Perhaps edge them with ink to make them stand out from each other and put the matted photo on top of them. Not sure if you can visualise that at all - bit like doing a haircut over the phone!!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 11:04 AM
In response to Bran

Here is what I have so far...This is just what comes to my head when first looking at your picture

Sketch

12x12 on a pink background with Dark Pink swirly print that says "Dance" and "Me."

Then I am thinking music notes or something to show the musical quality.

This is just my rough draft idea

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

Ok the stick figure made me laugh. It's so cute. The title has to be dance with me because that's the lyrics from the song.

Do you mean just doing several mats with the patterned paper s? I ran into the dilemma that each of the papers I have blend with one corner or another of the picture, that why I put black behind to start. I've never inked anything either...I own one thing of the liquid chalk stuff in pink.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

OK I'm brain storming here. I'm gonna try maybe 6" squares behind the picture and angling the title like in bran's example. Let m see what that look like.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 11:33 AM

The lyrics are the same just "with" is centered somewhere...or a rub on or something....

what would black cs look like with pink inked edges?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

i don't know I could try it. I just tried putting two squares of the pinks behind the picture and put buttons on the corners I'm getting closer to liking it.

Let me upload that:

another attempt

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 11:46 AM

Hey now your getting somewhere...can you bring that green pp as the mat?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

yes I have a whole sheet of it still...it blends in with the background of the picture though...it's the exact same color

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I'm sorry to keep jumping in and out I need to go pick up dh at work I'll be back again. The suggestions are helping a lot. Thanks so much!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 12:04 PM

I just don't love the black..... I don't know....

Page 5 of 223 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics