Page 6 of 223 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-26-07 12:13 PM
In response to Bran

I am off for the day. See you manana!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

I just swapped out the black for the white and it's 100% better. Now what to do with the empty upper right hand corner and the embellishments? I might try inking the white mat...I'm have to see how my mood goes. I have to leave for work in a little bit so my scrap time for today isn't almost finished.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to scrappindmbfan

Sorry I disappeared but I like how it's evolving. Keep going!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to scrappercaz

What if you moved the word With to the opposite corner of where it is, and moved Me directly under the bottom corner of the mat?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to JHAWKEYE

I disappeared too, I had to work my 2nd job tonight. I moved the with to the upper right corner and the me is centered blow th picture. It's looking good, but I think it's still missing something. I'll keep playing with it tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your feedback so far.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Everyone disappeared...I've been alone by myself for hours I do have a life...really!! It just rained and rained all day...so we all just stayed in and did our own thing...

Here's one I did today...

Boy

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2

Don't know how much help I can give, but for embellishments I kept thinking of swirls. Something to be like dancing. I like how it's evolved!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to sunberry2

hmmm that's something to think about. I'm not so good at doodling (even my stick figures don't look like stick figures), but I have a few swirly clip things. I'm gonna gt those out and see what they look like.

London
London 
Veteran
London

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around. Been so busy. I'll catch up a little later. Just marking my place for now.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to London

Kate, love your 'boy' LO...left comments there for you.
Am I right that it's a long weekend in the US too? It's early Sunday a.m. here and I'm around for an hour or so but then we're off family visiting for the weekend so I don't think I'll be checking in til later Monday. Hope you all have a good weekend and I'll catch up soon!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Kate, so glad you liked dafont! I have nearly 300 fonts now. There’s a program called ‘The Font Thing’ free to download online. It sorts your fonts and helps you preview them. Comes in handy. Just google it if you’re interested!

Brandy, oh I’m so sorry! I wrote that out of order. For the ‘inventor’ font, this is what I did. I use a program called Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 3.0 to plan my pages before I dive into them with my materials. So I set up the font normally. Then I copy/pasted it and set it up a little higher than my normal text. I enlarged it and lightened it. Then I printed everything directly on the cardstock. Gosh, I hope I wrote that comprehensibly. I’m so terrible at explaining things!

Amylashelle, awesome page! Good to see some work from you!

BeckyJ, enjoy your vacation!

Nancy, I just love reading about and seeing how ‘Dance with Me’ kept changing. Wish I could have been around to contribute to it!

Carolyn, yep it’s a long weekend here too. Enjoy yours!

Phew, I had a few minutes this morning and I'm all caught up! We're off to my brother's house to paint his new nursery today. I'll try to check in tomorrow sometime! Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-27-07 07:58 AM
In response to Lycosparks

Good Morning Ladies,

I am off to the scrapbook store ! Come hell or high water I am scraping today!!!!!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-27-07 07:59 AM
In response to Bran

I am reposting this!

Ok, I have a question/problem. I'm doing Braden's baby book (I know, big shock, who would have guessed) and in addition to the belly pic's I have a few pic's of us preparing the house. Painting, yard work, house repairs stuff like that that I wanted to include. It would be 3 pages worth. I don't know if I should just throw them in the mix OR if I should put at "Getting Ready" section after or before the belly shots....

What do you think?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

I thought I answered your question Bran...it must've been lost in all the posts. I think th nursery shots should come before the belly. I think that way because the nursery is kinda one event for prep whereas the belly shots are kinda more than one event as the belly gradually gets bigger. I don't know if my logic makes sense or not...just my 2 cents

So I got out one of my swirly clips and put it on the page. I'm gonna upload one more help me version and I think it will be finished. I have to fold some clothes then I'll upload it.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

OK here's the last attempt. I'm pretty happy with it as it is laid out. My only question? now are...how do the clips look and which way should I mat the picture...I have white showing on the top of the picture and it's inked on the right side...which way do you like better?

one last desperate attempt

Thanks again for everyone's help. I think it's almost finished

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-27-07 09:20 AM

For me, because of how it comes through scanned or whatever, the inked blends in to the pp behind it. So for that reason I prefer the plain white. However, if in rl it is obvious and separate you could really go either way

As far as the swirls go, i like the idea. But those ones are just too small...for me.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-27-07 09:37 AM
In response to Bran

Ok, I am VERY unhappy!!

the scrapbook store was closed...doesn't open for another 2 hours and by then Braden will be up from his nap, which means no scrapbooking. Plus we have a pool party to go to this evening

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

Oh man, how can they be closed? That's like something out of a horror movie!! I hope you can find something to do.

I don't know what I could do to make them bigger. Th inking just makes the paper look pink instead of white.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-27-07 10:22 AM

I don't know if the colors are muted when you post them but that white doesn't show as a bright bright white. It looks good in the scan!?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

it is bight white irl, I think there's just not enough of it showing.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-27-07 10:52 AM

in rl does the ink blend like it does in the scan or is it distinctly different?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

it kinda blends

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-27-07 11:56 AM

Really it works either way. Do you it inked?

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Bran

I had one free hour today to get a LO done...I don't work well under pressure...but here's what I came up with...hope you like!!

Personality x 5

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to JHAWKEYE

Spent the day working on my craft room..its the converted garage, not quite done yet. I still have all my "stuff" in the living room.
No scrapping today..

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-27-07 07:07 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

Great page Kate!

Is that a rub on for the flourishes? I love it!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-28-07 08:48 AM
In response to Bran

Time to wake up ladies!!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Bran

OMG...I woke up this morning...got some coffee...logged in...and lo and behold my "Boy" LO was listed as a featured LO! I about passed out!! I was jumping up and down and my ds & dh came to see what I was so excited about, looked at each other, mumbled and walked out. How dare they p**p on my parade!!

Good morning Brandy...the flourishes in the Personality LO are actually Autumn Leaves clear stamps...I highly recommend them to anyone.

Looks like it may rain AGAIN today...it would be awful if I had to scrap all day 'cause of the weather....

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-28-07 10:00 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

OMG that is so awesome!!! How exciting!!!

Did you just see it as the feature or did they email you and tell you!

How freaking cool!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Bran

Nope...no email or anything...just turned my computer on, went to the website and there it was!!

Question...does anyone own a Cricut with the Base Camp Cartridge and a piece of wine/burgundy colored cardstock??? I would like to do a trade of a few words for a small goody box...

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
OMG...I woke up this morning...got some coffee...logged in...and lo and behold my "Boy" LO was listed as a featured LO! I about passed out!! I was jumping up and down and my ds & dh came to see what I was so excited about, looked at each other, mumbled and walked out. How dare they p**p on my parade!!

Good morning Brandy...the flourishes in the Personality LO are actually Autumn Leaves clear stamps...I highly recommend them to anyone.

Looks like it may rain AGAIN today...it would be awful if I had to scrap all day 'cause of the weather....

That's exciting to be on the feature page!
I loved those swirls, I'm going to have to get some sometime!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:

Congrats on being featured. I had one up last week and a friend PM'd me, then the other day I saw it again! Was happy i got to see it.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Rileysmom06

I saw yours too...congrats!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to JHAWKEYE

Congrats on being featured! that is too cool.

Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend.

I still haven't finished the LO I started this weekend. I decided on a white mat for the picture but haven't come up with anything for the corners yet. I know I need to incorporate the date somehow too

BTW does anyone know how to delete pictures from your gallery?

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

• scrappindmbfan Said:
BTW does anyone know how to delete pictures from your gallery?

If you go into your gallery...click on the LO you want to delete...there's a radio button that says "edit"...click on that...then there are options within that screen to delete.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to JHAWKEYE

Thanks. I've been stumped for days on how to delete them. I guess I'm pretty clueless lol

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Brandy, I think those pics of ‘getting ready’ would be a great addition to the baby book. I’d include them in chronological order within the pregnancy pages. It’d be a nice timeline to really capture what those months were like for you.

Kate, loved the lo! That’s great that it was in the ‘featured’ section! Yay! (And nope, I don’t have a cricut, sorry!)

Nancy, sorry not many of us have been around to help with the ‘dance with me’ lo! I do like the swirls, but I agree that they may be a little small. If it were mine, I would perhaps center the entire title above the photos and matting. Do a kind of ‘w/’ thing for the ‘with’ to squeeze it next to the ‘me.’ KWIM? Then you could move the photos and matting down, and wouldn’t need anything to fill the space.

Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend and took plenty of pics to scrap! I’ll be around tomorrow! Good night!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-28-07 08:51 PM

I do have a Cricut but I don't have any additional cartridges

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good weekend! We had a public holiday too and guess what...it rained non stop all day Sunday and Monday! We had a family get-together for my father's birthday and my BIL decided to BBQ despite the rain - under huge sun unbrellas - what is it with men and BBQS???

Backy and Kate - so cool that your LOs were featured! How exciting! Well done. I so want to do a LO today - my dds are on a one week holiday but I think they both have activities planned with friends so I may actually get a chance to do one later..
I'll catch up again later

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-29-07 04:49 AM

Hopefully I can catch up. Played outside with the boys all weekend. Plus, our sunroom was delivered and they want to come TOMORROW!!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Keys

Ohh a sunroom. I am jealous..I want one so bad!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Me too! Well I managed to get a LO done today!!!Yay!! it's another one of my friends son (it's fun to do 'boys' for a change!) so let me know what you think...

Joe

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I'm just watching QVC and Lisa Bernson is on with a couple of scrapbook kits - she's a mag editor isn't she?

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Carolyn, i liked JOE! I love the black and white photo with the earth tones of your lO!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Finally! Not yet glued, needs "something"..

Kawahondaharley

Will check out everyone else's in a few..its a crazy morning!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to ShirleyJB

That's funny, Carolyn. We had a BBQ in the rain too. Unfortunately we were at my brother's house and he didn't have an umbrella! What a site that was, seeing him and my mom hovering below his jacket to finish that BBQ! Wish I had a pic to scrap of it!

Allergies have been driving me nuts all weekend. So I'm quite glad to be home. I'm gonna keep all the windows shut and stay inside all day, maybe scrap a little? I'm such a homebody anyway. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Thanks for your comments on my 'Joe' LO ladies, I will add a journaling tag to pull out from under the photo I think - and hopefully I'll remember to post the finished version for you all to see. It has just dawned on me (I'm not that smart obviously!!) that I'm not good at imaginative titles! I have some photos of him that I plan to use but I'll definitly have to call it something other than 'Joe'! and Micki - he was being chased as he crawled round and round the sofa which was making him shriek with laughter!

Shirley - loved your motorbike LO - did the accident put him off at all? I doubt it!!

Lauri - sorry to hear you had rain too, still BBQ'd food still tastes good eaten indoors luckily!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-29-07 08:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

We were going to go boating this weekend, but our new (3 weeks) boat is already in the shop. Someone told us the best days of owning a boat, the day you buy it and the day you sell it!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Isn't it SO disappointing when things like that happen!!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-29-07 09:00 AM
In response to ShirleyJB

Shirley,

Great page! Love the LO, love the paper! You crack me up, when I read ribbon and brads. I was invisioning a big ol' flower and some sparklies

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

Oh Becky, sorry to hear about the boat! Hope it's repaired quickly so you can really enjoy it.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-29-07 09:34 AM

Ok you guys. I am depressed. I just went through the gallery, and was looking at other peoples pages I really really really want to start adding more to my pages!

You guys need to ruthless with me! No more of this pussyfooting around! hehehe

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-29-07 10:34 AM
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
Ok you guys. I am depressed. I just went through the gallery, and was looking at other peoples pages I really really really want to start adding more to my pages!

Well then, how about directing us to some of the LO that sparked your fire.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

Thanks for all the comments, ladies!
Bran-yes! A big ole pink flower with lace,
He'd kill me!

The accident happened in'04, 18 stitches! His friend called me and said "Charlie just had a wreck on his motorcycle and his head's bleeding all over the street!" Uhm..yeah, THAT's the right thing to say to a mom!
The police hauled off the bike..and we never retrieved it (on purpose, never retrieved it)
It really was a "kawahondaharley" with parts from several bikes..I'm sure given the chance, he'd build another.
As a mom, I was both terrified and proud. Terrified for obvious reasons..proud that he made it work at all.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-29-07 10:50 AM
In response to ShirleyJB

Coming from a family of true Biker's i say let the donorcycle rot!

If my kids ever even think of riding I will have to beat them I think

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

And rot it will..of course, they probably sold it at auction by now..sad part is, it was officially "mine" when this happened-I loaned him some money and he "gave" me the bike, so he wrecked "my" bike..
"donorbike"..I like that!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:

I understand how you feel. I see all these really beautiful pages and i would love to make one like that, but i just can't seem to get so elaborate...guess that's why we are all "clean and simple"

Link some pages, i am curious to see what you like.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Oh Brandy don't be sad. I know how you feel. It's nice to be clean and simple, but we can break away sometimes. I too am interested to see what more elaborate pages you have your eyes on.

Perhaps we can add an optional 'challenge' to our little group here once in a while. It might be interesting to each try a specific technique on our pages. Or once in a while, challenge ourselves to make a very un-simple and un-clean page. Let me know what you all think. It'd be totally out of my comfort zone, but I'm willing if you are.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

oh i like that idea...maybe we can scraplift something...i will try and link something that i like.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I think that her gallery is amazing.

LauraSolomon's Gallery

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

okay i am going to stay more connected to this group this month. i was away this weekend, suppost to be dirt biking but that didnt pan out but it was still a fun weekend and saw the new pirates with dd, she was mesmorized by the large screen.

loved the motorcycle lo, and the fact that it was a mixed up bike. i would say add brads or snaps (just like eyelets but look like brads) i have some that look like screws, so i'd say something like that, maybe black ribbon: tell hime it's fiber

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to outsidechic

Ok..here's the final:
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I may still add some brads to it, I do have some screw head ones..

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to ShirleyJB

Ladies...please please please don't fall victims of scrapenvy. Everyone, in their own way, does beautiful work and should be proud of the memories you are leaving for your loved ones. And besides, you are in a *clean and simple* critique group for a reason!

**jumps off soapbox**

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
Ladies...please please please don't fall victims of scrapenvy. Everyone, in their own way, does beautiful work and should be proud of the memories you are leaving for your loved ones. And besides, you are in a *clean and simple* critique group for a reason!

**jumps off soapbox**

lol lol....

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to ShirleyJB

• ShirleyJB Said:
Ok..here's the final:

Love the finished version!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-29-07 01:04 PM

I have seen Laura Solomon's work before, she actually commented on one of mine.

Here is a simple lo that I just love http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Love this one - Would like all my work to look like this http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-29-07 01:26 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:

**jumps off soapbox**

True but I'm here to learn and grow too! I never said "clean and simple for life" (although with my budget it will probably be close)!!

I thought inking edges sounded silly until I saw someone do a really great job of it. I couldn't grasp heat embossing until I saw that $700 LO on sale at the "e". It is fun to look at fancy LO and try things. Some things "stick" and some don't. Thats just some of the fun and game of the hobby!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-29-07 01:32 PM
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:

Here is a simple lo that I just love http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Love this one - Would like all my work to look like this http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I love those! They are still clean and simple IMO.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

• Rileysmom06 Said:
  • ShirleyJB Said:
Ok..here's the final:

Love the finished version!

Thanks, Becky..and everyone else. After I was done, dh came home and looked at it. He said "Hmmm..yes, that's right, he drove to the wreck."
Didn't realize the arrangement made it look like he did just that!

I have about 4 more LO's in mind, think I'll go work on them before the "baby" wakes up..

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-29-07 02:05 PM
In response to Keys

• BibleKitty Said:
  • Bran Said:

I love those! They are still clean and simple IMO.

I agree, just more...more!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to ShirleyJB

Jakki, oh good welcome back! It'll be good to see you here if you have the time.

Becky, love the gallery you posted! She's so very talented.

Shirley, love how the road came out. Great page! LOL about what your dh said. I guess it can be looked at that way, but we all understand what it meant to show!

Thanks, Kate, for hopping upon the soapbox, lol. I agree whole-heartedly!

Brandy, TFS those pages. I just loved them!

Micki, I agree. It's great to try new things. Never did heat embossing. Do you have an example?

Ok so I only got the 'ok' from Becky. (Thanks girl!) What does everyone else think about doing challenges once in a while? Say, the first one can be a scraplift of a page you admire from this site. Then perhaps we can challenge ourselves to a particular technique. I think it might be fun. And they would absolutely be optional, but I want to make sure there is enough interest within the group first.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-29-07 02:17 PM

I am in! I think it would be super fun

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Bran

Count me in on the challenges!

Maybe one could be that we do a virtual drawing amongst the people in our group here who want to participate...and whomevers name you get you have to scraplift something out of their gallery. That might be fun!!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-29-07 02:42 PM

• Lycosparks Said:

Micki, I agree. It's great to try new things. Never did heat embossing. Do you have an example?

I don't have any experience persons LO bookmarked at the moment.

In my own gallery I have the "Mothers Day card". All the flowers, leaves and butterflies are embossed with a thick powder (see how they kind of look plastic in the photo).

My "Easter" LO with the boys and my "Easter" gift LO have heat embossing on the little eggs. I stamped a leaf/ivy type pattern then used a clear/holographic type of powder. It gives a lighter patterned look to it and a mild little "bling" effect.

The bracket on "My Lil Devil" is heat embossed with a metallic powder.

The one who inspired me to give it a try was the paper piecing lady who sold the $700+ LO on "e".

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-29-07 02:42 PM
In response to Keys

A challenge would be fun.

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to Keys

A challenge would be fun. I'd love to learn some new techniques too.

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to sunberry2

Ok, here's a new one. I know I need something for the bottom corner, but I'm stumped on what to add.
Shades

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to sunberry2

Kate that's an interesting idea! I like it! How would we go about the virtual drawing?

Does everyone like this idea? I'd definitely like the first challenge to be a scraplifting challenge. It's just a matter of lifting from within the group or anywhere. What are everyone's thoughts? I'm up for either! We could eventually do both too.

Micki, oh that's so awesome. I had seen things like that, but never knew that was heat embossing. Does it really have any relation to regular embossing? Wow. Next time my budget allows, I'll have to pick some powder up. TFS!

Great! So it looks like we have about 6 of us interested so far in having challenges. If you have any ideas for challenges, feel free to post them here or PM me for anonymity if you'd like. I'm excited to get this started!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

I'm up for a challenge!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to ShirleyJB

Lauri great ideas...we could do so many different types of lifts, we could all lift of each other, pick someone from the gallery that style's totally different from ours to see what happens. This should be fun!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to sunberry2

• sunberry2 Said:
Ok, here's a new one. I know I need something for the bottom corner, but I'm stumped on what to add.
Shades

Ok i was thinking maybe a chipboard sun or star???

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

• Lycosparks Said:
Kate that's an interesting idea! I like it! How would we go about the virtual drawing?

Since you're our fearless leader ...make a list of everyone who wishes to participate, then write everyone's name on separate small pieces of paper and throw all the names in a hat, and draw a name for each person on the list. PM each of us to let us know who we're "lifting", no one should tell who's name they received, that way when the LO is uploaded it can be a surprise!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

• Rileysmom06 Said:
  • sunberry2 Said:
Shades

Ok i was thinking maybe a chipboard sun or star???

I agree...a sun or star...If it's not glued down yet, you might want to think about scrapping the current cardstock (or flipping it over) and write "The future's so bright I gotta wear" right on the sun or star. Just a thought...

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to JHAWKEYE

i think the scraplift ideal would be a fun challenge. i'm in although i dont know how good i am at lifting...i start out all ready to lift and somewhere along the line, i get inspired (that's what i'm calling it) and it ends up looking totally different than what i was lifting

i hate little kid colds, seems like my dd gets everyone. right now there is a "strept througt" (spelling?) watch at her daycare. seems one kid came down with it and today the number has jumped to 2. i am paranoid that she's going to get sick, so right now i am in her room with the laptop watching her fall asleep..so far so good, no fever (97.8 degrees reads the therometer), but the cough is back so i have the inhailer on standby, she irritable but she's also 18m and in that stage...man i am paranoid. once she's asleep though i'll probably start scraping

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

its not a new lo but it helps to explain my paranoya all we kept

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-29-07 09:33 PM

• outsidechic Said:
i start out all ready to lift and somewhere along the line, i get inspired (that's what i'm calling it) and it ends up looking totally different than what i was lifting

Isn't that the point really? To make it your own. I say go for it Get inspired!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

Hi ladies, I'm haven't been all that well so am I bit behind on the forum but I just wanted to say I'm up for the challenge idea. I haven't read everything properly but maybe today I'll go back and catch up.
I think there was a heat embossing discussion going on though? I have done it but only on cards not scrapbook pages. It's not one of my favourite techniques but only because it's a bit fiddly and I can't usually be bothered! How lazy am I?
I'm going to stay logged on but I don't know if I'll actually get to the computer much today. Look forward to seeing if the challenge is going ahead though!
Talk soon,

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-30-07 03:43 AM

• Lycosparks Said:

Micki, oh that's so awesome. I had seen things like that, but never knew that was heat embossing. Does it really have any relation to regular embossing? Wow. Next time my budget allows, I'll have to pick some powder up. TFS!

I would have to say that the relation to regular embossing is that it gives a slight dimensional effect -- especially if you use the thick powder like I used on the Mothers Day card. It is hard to see the dimension in the photo/scan. It starts like a regular stamp but when you put the heat to it it is like breathing life into it -- it lifts, puffs, changes color. Even the kids and DH are fascinated with the process.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Keys

Kate, love the virtual drawing idea. I'd love to do it that way!

Jakki, don't worry if your 'lift' doesn't come out quite like the original. It's great to be inspired! So sorry to hear about the strep throat going around! I hope your dd doesn't catch it and that her cough gets better!

Carolyn, I hope everything is all right! Just check in when you can.

Oh Micki, that sounds awesome. I'm sold. I have to at least try it!

OK will post an official challenge proposal later today, and we'll give everyone a day or so to catch up on posts to see who is in! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Morning everyone! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Work was busy and then I had to go to job #2 last night. I still haven't finished that dumb dance LO and it's due tomorrow night. I've glued it down and still have to 2 empty corners, I might just throw the date in on of the corners and call it a day. I'm tired of looking at it lol

I didn't go back and look at all the LOs from yesterday but I did read about the challenge. I love the idea of scraplifting from someone (either site-wide or within our group). I generally have trouble of thinking of LOs on my own anyways and usually have a LO as an example to start with. I'm completely guilty of scraplifting...some are almost identical. Let me know what you decide and I'm in

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

This is going to be fun. Can't wait to start on this!!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Nancy, I know how you feel. I've given up on layouts too. I do like your 'dance with me' though! Don't worry; it's still lovely!

I'll be posting the challenge after lunch. See you then!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i got some new lo's uploaded, it's just hard to post them on here with the compter that i'm on. so check out my gallery...
we're still on sick watch, but nothing so far thank hevens.
cant wait to see the challenge...going to have to start checking out the galleries

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

CS Challenge #1 – Member Scraplift

Hello everyone and welcome to the first official Clean and Simple Challenge! ::insert roar of applause::

If you think you might be interested, please say so before 5pm (eastern time) on Friday June 1st. Here is how it will work. Once I have collected all of the names of the participants, I will randomly draw to see from whose gallery everyone will be scraplifting. It will be the gallery of another participant in the challenge, and you may lift from anywhere in that person’s gallery. Just remember we are trying to keep this clean and simple. We’ll save the more-embellished pages for another day. The lift doesn’t have to be exact; feel free to get ‘inspired’ and go your own way. Your layout will be due by 5pm (eastern time) on Friday June 8th. If for some reason you cannot complete your page by this date, simply PM me, and we will of course figure something out.

When submitting your page, I ask that you DO NOT post a link in this group. On the due date I will go find the links from your galleries and place them all together in one post. Just label it ‘CS Challenge 1’ so I may easily find it. This will assure that each layout is viewed and no page gets lost in the thread. NOTE: Since we are doing it this way, I ask that each participant does not browse the galleries of other participants. We’d like to keep this a surprise!

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. And now, may the challenge begin!

Edited by Lycosparks on 05-30-07 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: oops! had to fix my dates!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Great, well done - I'm in. Little Q about time - do you mean Thursday 31st or Friday 1st? You'll have to bear with me on times as I'm obviously in a different zone. Eastern time about 6 hours behind UK time I guess? Please corret me if I'm wrong!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

im in, the time thing might get tricky, but i'll just try to be early.
one question, if we're not suppost to browse the gallerys how are we suppost to get the lo to lift? is there a cut off time that you can broswe your lifts gallery?

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-30-07 09:31 AM

• Lycosparks Said:
NOTE: Since we are doing it this way, I ask that each participant does not browse the galleries of other participants. We’d like to keep this a surprise!

I'm interested.

How about setting up an album in our gallery for the CS challenge so we can post it there since we still kind of need to look around for an example to scraplift??

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• outsidechic Said:
im in, the time thing might get tricky, but i'll just try to be early.
one question, if we're not suppost to browse the gallerys how are we suppost to get the lo to lift? is there a cut off time that you can broswe your lifts gallery?

I think Lauri meant that after she has said whose gallery we'll all be lifting from we shouldn't browse any one else's gallery (within this group)

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 09:52 AM

In like Flynn!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Bran

gotcha