Page 7 of 223 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to outsidechic

This sounds good to me...and i agree, i think after we figure out who we lift, we don't look at the galleries anymore!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 10:12 AM
In response to Bran

P.S. Are we going to make one of those Vote polls and have others vote for us???? I think I may be a bit needy

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

This sounds like a great idea but I'm gonna have to pass this round. I'll certainly help all the others and watch in envy. I have a wedding present that I'm cross-stitching and I'm running out of time so I vowed to only finish my current challenges until it's done. It should be done in 2-3 weeks (actually it has to be done in 2-3 weeks lol), then I can play.

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne
In response to Bran

Hi all. I've been MIA... working on SOY submissions which cannot be posted online. I just caught up on this thread and boy, may I say how busy we all are. It's really hopping!

I will not be participating in the challenge as I am putting together my SOY submission and have one more lo to create, but I will be anxiously waiting to see what happens.

If you have a moment, I would love some feedback on some of my SOY los which can be displayed:

what this MEANS to me (May be too simple for the contest, but I like the photo.)

Sue: an old friend (I worry that I am choosing to use this lo because it has sentimental value and not because it is SOY worthy.)

Finding our Place - pg 1 (This is a two-pager but I only posted the first page link.)

TIA for any help you can give. The items are glued down so I can't make many changes, but I would like some opinions on whether or not they are SOY worthy.

Thanks so much.

Edited by Jaime Lynne on 05-30-07 11:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Jaime Lynne

Can I ask a really stupid question? What is SOY?

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 10:28 AM

I think you did a great job.

I would like to see Sue matted (I am a mat addict I think)

I love finding our place. Just perfect I think

I really like What this Means to me, I just need to look at it a bit longer.

Great job!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 10:29 AM
In response to scrappindmbfan

• scrappindmbfan Said:
Can I ask a really stupid question? What is SOY?

Isn't it Scraper of the Year or something. It is either Scraper or Scrapbook. Some scrap related word Of the Year

Edited by Bran on 05-30-07 10:30 AM. Reason for edit: I haven't had my morning drink

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Bran

Count me in on the challenge!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to JHAWKEYE

I'm a mat addict also. I think that's why I like working in framing, I like finding the colors in the pictures that make it "pop"

I've never heard of soy at all, well aside from the bean that grows in the fields here in IL lol

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

Oops! Sorry. SOY is Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooker of the Year contest. CD Mukovsky was last year's winner. I don't stand a chance but I've really pushed myself and it's good practice for next year's CK HOF (Hall of Fame) contest.

Thanks for the suggestions.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Count me in on the challenge!
Now..I'm off to try and finish some LO's I set up this morning.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to scrappercaz

• scrappercaz Said:
  • outsidechic Said:
im in, the time thing might get tricky, but i'll just try to be early.
one question, if we're not suppost to browse the gallerys how are we suppost to get the lo to lift? is there a cut off time that you can broswe your lifts gallery?

I think Lauri meant that after she has said whose gallery we'll all be lifting from we shouldn't browse any one else's gallery (within this group)

Yes.

Thank you for clarifying, Carolyn. I guess I should have given my post a little more thought before putting it here.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Lycosparks

Oops! Thanks for catching that, Carolyn. I wanted to give everyone a day and a half to catch up with posts and sign up. So please tell me if you're in by FRIDAY JUNE 1ST at 5PM (I guess that's 11PM for you, Carolyn). Thanks!

Micki, that's a good idea! We could definitely set up a specific album for these pages.

Brandy, I haven't decided if we'll be voting, and if we do, if we would set it up so the whole site can vote. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Jaime, I'll check out your pages later tonight.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Sorry that you can't join in yet Nancy and Jaime! I understand you are busy with other projects. Don't worry, there will be more challenges!

Nancy, good luck with your cross-stitching!
Jaime, good luck with the SOY submissions!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 12:59 PM

I say the more people voting the merrier.

I a excited. I have joined so many things this month!

I am doing this, a sketch challenge and a diet challenge Say bye bye 20lbs

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

I have a new LO I'm working on. Its here:
Without Fear

The little box at the bottom, I'm thinking the place and the date.

The photo is of my granddaughter and another girl from the Bosier City kindergarten, I selected just their hands as they made a sand castle together.

I have some rub on sayings, I was thinking of adding one, not sure where though. They are:
"Wherever you go, go with your heart" or
"Sometimes...life just speaks for itself"

I also thought about using a darker pinkpurple paper as a mat..

So, what do y'all think?

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 01:25 PM
In response to ShirleyJB

shirley, I think the darker mat would do well with that lo

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to Bran

Ok, count me in for the challenge. It'll be a challenge just to get one done in a week! I guess that means I should go print out some more pictures soon!
Jaime - Love your LOs. Good luck with your SOY submissions!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 05:38 PM
In response to sunberry2

Kate, When you did your own rub-on's you don't put anything on the transparency first right?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

Jaime, just loved your pages. I'm unfamiliar with SOY, but I do know this: in my opinion your pages absolutely have everything that accounts for a scrapper of the year. You have personal and very heartfelt journaling. Your designs are simple yet detailed and interesting. And your embellishments always compliment one another. I'm so glad you're participating in the contest. Good luck, girl!

Shirley, I just adored your page too! Are you changing the date box to darker paper too? If it is white while you change the photo matting darker, it may distract from the photo. Fabulous design though! Wow!

Audrey, is one week not enough you think? I've never hosted a challenge before. Perhaps 2 weeks would be better? Wow I probably should have gotten more info before typing it up so officially, lol. Thank goodness for the EDIT button!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Oh Brandy are you trying that transparency thing?? I'd love to see how it comes out!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I think 1 week should be ok???

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Yes, I would change both. I could stamp the date in gold, probably the only color that would show up, but I'll experiment first.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 06:38 PM

• Lycosparks Said:
Oh Brandy are you trying that transparency thing?? I'd love to see how it comes out!

I have a few ideas that I want to do with transparency. Just haven't' found the right page to do it on yet. I want to do a rub on and I want to do an overlay, but I don't know how I would load that in my book?

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-30-07 07:29 PM

• Lycosparks Said:

Audrey, is one week not enough you think? I've never hosted a challenge before. Perhaps 2 weeks would be better? Wow I probably should have gotten more info before typing it up so officially, lol. Thank goodness for the EDIT button!

I'm not Audrey and I've never done a challenge but I do think we could be flexible. Shoot for a week and if too many are having problems extend it to two.

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to Keys

I think that completing a LO in a week is hard only because of my little one, but since he's gotten MUCH better at taking his naps I should be able to have some scrapping time! Otherwise, I like Micki's idea - if others are having problems with one week then we can extend to two.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-30-07 09:19 PM
In response to sunberry2

WOOHOO! I finally finished another page!

Jimmy Buffett

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
Kate, When you did your own rub-on's you don't put anything on the transparency first right?

Brandy - I do not do anything to the transparency to prepare it to print on. Just be sure to print on the smooth side of the sheet, not the rough side (which will be opposite of what the directions on the transparency package tell you).

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to JHAWKEYE

Cool, then one week from tomorrow it is!

A question: If I compete in the challenge, I will know who is scraplifting my gallery, since I'm drawing the names. Does anyone mind? Should I sit this one out?

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

No don't sit out!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Rileysmom06

I don't have a problem with it.

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

Thanks for the comments and suggestions on my SOY submissions. I really appreciate it. Good luck with the challenge all!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

lauri--i dont care if you know, maybe on the next challenge some one else can be in charge so you'll have a chance to just expirence it.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• Lycosparks Said:

A question: If I compete in the challenge, I will know who is scraplifting my gallery, since I'm drawing the names. Does anyone mind? Should I sit this one out?

I've just re-read this and I think I may have misunderstood this a bit - just call me thick!! I thought you, Lauri, would name one person in our group and we would all scraplift from that one gallery...have I got that wrong?

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-31-07 08:40 AM

• Lycosparks Said:

I don't understand what you mean, but no don't sit out!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-31-07 08:50 AM
In response to Bran

Thank you for all the comments on my Jimmy Buffett page.

I will update the description and make it better but the palm tree was handmade. I had DH draw the palms on green CS with pencil then i just cut around it and went over the pencil in pen.

The trunk is a strip of brown CS with checks drawn on it.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Hey Bran, great Buffet page! Love the story it tells!

Hey all, back from vacation, now with the usuual laundry and wreck of a house! But we had a great time, the weather was gorgeous. Glad to be back home.

I Just finished catching up on all the posts, man we really are hopping! It's crazy how much I missed! I left comments for all the lo's, love the work you've all been doing! Great Job!

Lauri, count me in for the challenge, it sounds so fun! Can't wait!

I'm off to clean something, so then I can scrap something w/o the guilt!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

• scrappercaz Said:
  • Lycosparks Said:

I've just re-read this and I think I may have misunderstood this a bit - just call me thick!! I thought you, Lauri, would name one person in our group and we would all scraplift from that one gallery...have I got that wrong?

I believe it was decided that for this particular challenge, each participant will be assigned to another participant's gallery. For instance, I might draw your name for me, and would have to lift from within your gallery. Then I would choose another participant's name randomly for you to lift from their gallery. And so on. Sorry for the confusion!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Ok, got it. Sorry just having a moment.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Welcome back, BeckyJ! Glad you had a nice time! I'll sign you up for the challenge!

By 5pm tomorrow (eastern time) I will start PMing everyone to announce from whose gallery each person will be lifting.

I'll participate too, yay! I just had to make sure! Thanks!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Lol, that's ok, Carolyn! It's probably my fault. I'm not the greatest at explaining things!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Hey everyone. Just popping on while on lunch. Welcome back BeckyJ! Glad you had a good time. I don't get a vacation until July, but I'm eagerly counting the days.

I have an off topic question for you all...it's kinda a long story but I'll try to sum it up. My best friend's (who's actually 20 yrs my senior) daughter is going to the justice of the peace to get married next thursday (yikes I have a week to do something and ship it). They are young and super in love and cute (remember those days? lol), but they are in a circumstance that is causing them to live with my BF and her DH for a little bit. They're both still living at home so they have nothing (they own 3 tvs and 3 dressers and 1 table). Anyways, they are planning a bigger more normal wedding a yr or 2 down the line (after he gets back from Iraq basically, he doesn't know yet when he's going). I make a cross-stitch sampler for everyone I know who gets married as their gift and pay bookoo bucks to frame it. I want to do the cross-stitch for the normal wedding gift, but I want to do something little for them though for next week and I'm kinda stumped. I wanted to find something kinda fun, but thoughtful at the same time. Obviously I don't have a lot of time. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm so happy for these guys

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

This doesn't help that I'm scrambling to finish another cross-sitch for a wedding next month lol

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

A little mini book (kinda 7 Gypsies thrown together style) of quotes about love and marriage and maybe some pics of them?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

That's not a bad idea. I only have one picture though and that's of the couple with my BF and her DH (so a family photo). They live on the east coast and I'm in the midwest so I don't see them often. Maybe They have some of those stack quote stickers for love/wedding...do you think maybe a chipboard 6x6 boook might be ok?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

It'd be great, I find smaller kind of gets done quicker!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-31-07 11:20 AM

I will volunteer to host the next challenge

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-31-07 11:32 AM

I was turned on to a wedding gift that I just love love love and use it often.

It is called a "Basket of Candles" Here is the poem. You make a basket with each candle the poem calls for. It doesn't have to cost a lot.

A basket of candles that come in a pair
In all different colors, for you two to share
The white ones burn first
They are wrapped in white lace
To celebrate your first married night
In your new chosen place.
The green pair is taller, and also much thinner
Burn with the first company, you have over for dinner.
The dark blue candles are for after your first fight
Use them to burn while making up all night.
There are candles to burn Christmas Eve before bed
Your first Christmas now married
That is why they are red.
Pink candles set the mood and pave the way
For your first married Valentine’s Day.
Now, when your first year of marriage is through
The cream anniversary pair, will light for you two.
By this time we hope, maybe, just maybe
You can light the purple ones, on the birth of a baby.
And just when you thought you’d put these away
Take the light blue ones out
For your fifth anniversary day.
Now just one more pair left for the big twenty-five
The anniversary pair that will keep your love alive.
Congratulations bride and groom
On the start of your forever
May the two of you always be happy together
And burn these candles
Just the way we said
But please don’t forget-blow them out before bed!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

Nancy, perhaps alter a frame, since you only have one photo. It's a nice small gift, but can be incredibly beautiful. I've seen some great ones here on this site. Otherwise, I really like the idea of a marriage quote book too!

Thanks, Brandy, for offering! It's absolutely up to you.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

Wow! That's a great idea too! I love that poem Now I have to decide. Thanks for the great suggestions. I had a coworker make a great suggestion too. I'll have to turn the few ideas

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I think I'm gonna attempt a 6x6 book. They're small and I think I'll do their photo on one page and a love quote on each of the following pages. Thank goodness I work at Ms. I jsut emailed my friend too and she said her DH might have pic on his camera of just the 2 of them. I've got my fingers crossed. I still have the big wedding to do stuff for too. I like the poem for that and then maybe I could do a frame with their the wedding photo from next week.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i'd leave some open mats in the book so they could put some pictures in it themselves.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-31-07 03:05 PM

So how is everyone? I am hoping to work on a page tonight.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

Hi Bran - how are you? I'm just getting over a virus but tonight I feel much more human again! It's after midnight so I'm off to bed soon - unless this group starts getting chatty now!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-31-07 03:17 PM
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
So how is everyone? I am hoping to work on a page tonight.

Been busy today. All 3 kids had a dentist appt today. Then I went to give blood but my veins were hiding today then when they finally got one it didn't go too good and I just dripped.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-31-07 03:18 PM

We haven't been chatty in a while! I don't know what happened!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

I give blood too Micki - last time I went I took my daughters so they would see how easy it was and to encourage them and the eldest threw up! Whoops - not what I'd planned!
I've had a pretty peacefyl day - youngest dd went to a movie and pizza party from noon til 7.30 and the eldest is revising so I can't complain.
Dh has just gone up to bed and turned all the lights out - do you think that's a hint? I think I'll sign off now and get some beauty sleep - haha. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-31-07 04:38 PM

Hey Micki,

Sorry to hear about the veins :)Maybe they need a brownie I know mine do

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Bran

it was all chatty in here, i think that's why I cant keep up with the posts sometimes. hey heres a lo that i finished last night for the june recipe challenge. I know it's not even june yet. but dont fear i am out of pictures once again so no scrapping untill i get them printed...im thinking friday. lol heres the link ready set go

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Bran

Brandy you are too funny..."maybe your veins need a brownie"...LOLOL...I often wish I could have an IV drip of Panera Bread's Icy Caramel drink.

Here's a LO I completed...I was suffering from withdrawal, I hadn't been able to scrap since last weekend!! It's a scraplift of "Don't Break My Heart" by Elijahsmom. Didn't do it justice, but I'm happy with it.

You at 2

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Jakki what an adorable layout!! Love it!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to JHAWKEYE

Jakki, and Kate great lo's, really loved them both!
How is everyone? Wish I had time to scrap, I have a sick hubby, and I think we all know how men are when they're sick... need I say more? Anyway I have a card swap tomorrow, and my cards are almost done but not completely, so I have to finish them tonight, and since dh is sick, I don't have much time on the computer... I hope to get something scrapped SOON! I'm off...

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to scrapjones

Well..I completed some LO's finally! Have to take pics of a couple.

Set up the stuff for 3 more that I hope to complete tomorrow, on of DH for a challenge, DGD and her great uncle and photo of my daughter that I took at the beach-that I'm still trying to figure out the camera settings on, because it came out really cool..

But, for tonight, I'm off and going to sleep.
Night everyone!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to ShirleyJB

Hi again everyone - June 1st and it's very warm and sunny in the UK - Hey!! Lets hope it lasts...

Jakki and Kate - great LOs last night.

Becky J, I hope your dh gets well soon. My dh must be the exception to the rule as far as illness is concerned. He just pretends he's fine even when he clearly isn't, refusing to acknowledge there's anything wrong! What can you do??

Looking forward to starting this challenge of ours aren't you? I love having the focus of a completion date!

Lauri - I have been chatting to someone on here who's interested in this critique group - is it still full or is there room for one more? No problem if not, I'll direct her to the forum and I'm sure she can find another friendly group to join.

Talk later!

Edited by scrappercaz on 06-01-07 12:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 06-01-07 04:22 AM

I just uploaded on of my "filler" pages. What I call a filler page is a quick and simple LO where there is no real story behind the picture, just what I think is a fun and cute pic. At the moment it is a single pic but I may take another like photo to complete another LO to go opposite it.

This was just an after supper treat and CJ was enjoying it all over.

Soy ice cream

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Keys

DOH! Why do I always miss out on the chatty times of the day??

Carolyn, glad to hear you are feeling better!

I know what you mean BeckyJ. Hope your dh recovers soon and that you get to scrap!

TWO of you have now addressed me about that one open spot in the critique group. I feel that since other members have not been 'active' members, we can allow more than 20 in the group. Both of them are welcome to join us! Absolutely, give them the OK!

This morning I've started to move some of my scrap supplies down to the living room (just temporarily). That's really the only room in the house that stays cold during the day in this weather. I haven't been scrapping recently, and I'm hoping that moving the scrap area to a more comfortable place will help. Looking forward to starting the challenge later today!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi Lauri, I'll pm Sandy and let her know to come and introduce herself. Thanks.
Looking forward to the challenge too..bring it on!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Keys

Micki - the soy lo is great. I think if my ds ever ate anything with the name "soy" in it I would have to scrap a pic of the event too because it would be a sign THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to JHAWKEYE

Micki, loved the Soy lo!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Soy is awesome! Both the LO and the product, lol..my family eats alot of soy products, and they don't even know it.

I'm off to Circuit City now with my lappy..keep your fingers crossed that they fix her without her having to go Dallas..

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 06-01-07 07:50 AM
In response to ShirleyJB

Bran -- yes the hearts are inked

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 06-01-07 07:54 AM
In response to Keys

We don't use milk at all here (3, yes THREE, of us are milk allergic). We usually use rice but the soy is a treat. I gotta say...the soy ice cream is way better than milk ice cream!! (Those were "marry me" bars in the pic. They love tofutti cuties too.)

writerlady
Expert
writerlady
In response to sunberry2

Hi! Thank you for letting me join. I'm in serious need of some constructive criticism. I'll read a bit and join in soon. Thank you again.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-01-07 08:30 AM
In response to writerlady

Welcome Sandy!

We are so glad to have you, can't wait to see your stuff and hear your opinion on my pages

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-01-07 08:33 AM
In response to Bran

Sandy, I just noticed, your lo are digital. Interesting! Do you only do digital scrapbooks?

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Bran

Hi Sandy...if you are going to catch up on the threads...be prepared, you have a lot of reading to do.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Welcome, Sandy! It's so good to have you join us! I look forward to getting to know you and your work!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

welcome sandy (me too, i want to say it)
this place is jumpin

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Well..back from CC..they have Lappy on a diagnostic machine, so she's outpatient right now. DH said I could use his (which I am), but all my pics are on mine!!

I'm going to be looking for the tofutti cubes!

Well..now I'm off to the LSS to look at the Wishblade (notice I said "look" )

Be back soon!
Oh..not sure when I can upload any LO's..it would involve installing my software on this computer, and if I can avoid that, I'd rather..

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to ShirleyJB

Shirley, sorry to hear about your lappy! I know I always feel so lost without mine. Have fun 'looking' at the Wishblade !

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

I'll bet anyone a box of tofutti cubie soy thingy jiggers she comes home with the Wishblade !!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to JHAWKEYE

LOL!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I think she's going to get it...i mean she know's what it looks like...how many of us go to look??? i look and then i buy.

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2

Welcome Sandy! Glad to have you joining us!

Shirley, sorry to hear about the lappy. Hope it gets to come home soon!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-01-07 12:00 PM
In response to sunberry2

Ok, I say she comes home with out the Wishblade however will spend nearly as much on supplies

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

OK we have 10 participants in our first offical challenge!

I'm going to do the drawing now and PM each of you shortly!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Ok the challenge has officially begun!

Remember to create an album in your gallery called 'CS Challenges', and upload your layout to there by Friday June 8th at 5pm (eastern time). At that time I will collect those links and put them here in one post. Have fun!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 06-01-07 12:45 PM

Oh! Goodie!! I think I know which one I will do. Gotta get the camera out and get some pics this weekend!!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Keys

Great! I have mine narrowed down to 2!

Here is a simple lo I did this afternoon. I'm trying to get away from just scrapping events. So here is a page about our movie collection and how much we quote from movies, lol. If you have any ideas as to how I can better arrange the little stars, I'd appreciate it. I'm not quite sure what I have going on there... they look silly to me. Thanks for your help on that, and any other suggestions are welcome!

movie buffs

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

Welcome, Sandy! Good luck to all involved in the challenge.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Lauri, what a cute lo of the movies! I can totally relate, we have a DVD player in our van and now I have just about every disney movie memorized! My dh and I love movies too, but most of the time we're quotin' kids flix! Some of our fav's are "Booger!" from Open Season, "Tina, come get some food!" from Napoleon Dynamite, we love Napoleon! Gimme some of your tots! also Napoleon, I could go on, but I won't! Great page!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Love the Movie LO Lauri. Left you comments. I've chosen my LO to lift - all ready to get started tomorrow!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
I'll bet anyone a box of tofutti cubie soy thingy jiggers she comes home with the Wishblade !!

You win! I came home with it..

DH called me while I was there and said "Just buy it." Tell me twice, huh?

I did get a paper too, with a cool cutout thingy from my school (that I work at)..AND the lady told me I now have a $50 store credit..guess I have to make another trip?

Going to check out lift gallery now..

Oh..and lappy is still there. Sometimes I wonder about those techs. He says "we got 2.5 hours on the battery." I was really surprised, because I'm lucky to get 15 minutes.
Then he says "Oh, do you do things on it?"
Uhm..no, I sit and stare at it..
GIVE ME MY BATTERY! ITS ALMOST 3 YEARS OLD AND YOU TOLD ME I COULD GET A NEW ONE EVERY YEAR IF NEEDED!"

Ok..rant off..

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to ShirleyJB

G'night all,

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to ShirleyJB

• ShirleyJB Said:

Becky and I had you pegged! You can send my share of the tofutti soy stuff to her!!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to JHAWKEYE

beckyj, i just love disney movies! trying to work up my collection. my first credit card (which i just got a month ago) is the visa with disney rewards, lol. just had to do it!

yay shirley! you bought the Wishblade ! that's great, enjoy it! don't you hate that about laptop batteries. i don't even risk it anymore. i never use the battery.

g'night carolyn!

happy weekend, everyone!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
  • ShirleyJB Said:

Becky and I had you pegged! You can send my share of the tofutti soy stuff to her!!

Oh no no...i insist you have the tofutti soy stuff!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

• Rileysmom06 Said:
  • JHAWKEYE Said:
  • ShirleyJB Said:

Oh no no...i insist you have the tofutti soy stuff!

I'll take it! Love the soy..

Got my LO picked out..now, to find the pics. I have some in mind..just hope they are on the external drive, or else I'll be sitting in CC sending them to WM for printout..

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to ShirleyJB

Shirley, you rock! Let me know how you love the Wishblade , I've wanted one ever since I started compairing cutting systems...I'm just a little Jelous!

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle

Here's a new LO from me. Its my first circle layout.

Think

I want to thank you all, this group has made me branch out and try some new things! I used to be a multi-picture scrapper, but my last several have only been 1 per page! Good luck with the new challenge! Maybe I'll be brave enough to do it next time!

Page 7 of 223 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics