Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Rileysmom06

• Rileysmom06 Said:
  • JHAWKEYE Said:
  • ShirleyJB Said:
You win! I came home with it..

Becky and I had you pegged! You can send my share of the tofutti soy stuff to her!!

Oh no no...i insist you have the tofutti soy stuff!

I'm sorry...I just cannot accept the tofutti. I'm allergic. And gave it up for lent.

Amy...great "THINK" lo. Left you some love...

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to JHAWKEYE

congrats on the Wishblade , i have a silouette and love it, but i have issues with it like everything else. you'll never go back to another cutter though.

i have my lo figured out, i just need to take pictures for it. because i am out of pictures to scrap, all caught up i guess i could say

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to outsidechic

Hi guys!

Amy - great LO - left you comments. Isn't it liberating when you try something new and it works!

DH is out all morning and as it's the weekend I might justify doing (or at least starting) my challenge LO today!!!

Talk later - hope it's sunny where you are too.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to scrappercaz

i've got my LO picked too..Amy will check out your LO when i get back from lss. I am taking a class!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Amy, love the circles! Great job!

Becky, have fun, wish I was taking a class today, get some inspiration for us!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to scrapjones

How's everyone? DDs are in the garden revising for school tests next week, dh is on his laptop doing figures (yawn) so I'm scrapping!! Yay! I'm working on an 8x8 chipboard album of my eldest dds adventure trip to Croatia earlier this spring. I'll post it when it's finished!

See you all later!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-02-07 07:17 AM

Hey I guess I didn't tell you I got my lo as well

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Good morning and happy weekend to everyone...

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to JHAWKEYE

Just stopping by to say hello!

Busy day today. Right now Joe and I are off to check out the local florists, and will hopefully make some decisions for the wedding. NO idea what I'm looking for.

Have a great day everyone; I'll check in again later tonight!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Lycosparks

How exciting - seems ages ago when I did all that...well it was ages ago...nearly 17 years! Have a great day.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Great layouts everyone. I'm not feeling too critical so I only left love. I can't decide on what to do for my own layouts right now so can't think of anything for anyone else's. Sorry.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Good luck with the flowers Lauri, my bet is you'll go clean and simple Which will also be beautiful! Let us know how it went!

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle

Thanks for all the love and ideas! I decided to put 3 white flowers in the inner circle with green buttons for the inside. They match the little flowers on the patterned paper . I was going to put them in the center, but they seemed to compete the with photo too much.

Think (take 2)

You guys are helping me so much!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to amylashelle

I thought that was the perfect finishing touch Amy - gorgeous LO.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Love the addition Amy, looks great!

Well I picked the lo to lift for the challenge, and since it is clean and simple, it's already done!
I've never done an album in my gallery... does anyone have any tips to tell? I'm sure it's easy, I've just never atempted!

TIA!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

BeckyJ - it is easy...just go into "my gallery" (not mine personally, your "my gallery" )...click on the albums tab...then click on the manage albums button...you can create a new album there.

Amy - the flowers were a great finishing touch. Much better than where I suggested!!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hey everyone. We found the florist for us, so that's a plus. I know absolutely nothing about flowers or what I'm looking for, but the woman who will be helping us is so friendly and knowledgable. So that'll be exciting. You're right, BeckyJ, I just want clean and simple, lol! Now to just find some dresses for my bridesmaids... oy!

Amy, love the final page. Looks great!

Good to see you, Vivian! It's been a while!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-02-07 01:43 PM

Lauri, congrats and good luck. I know how nerve racking it can all bee

Amy, page looks great. Flowers were a great touch

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Bran

Hi all...raining here in Iowa...good day to scrap!

Here's what I got accomplished today...might put it in the June Laidback Challenge...I've ruined it multiple times...the Junkitz Extreme Boy rub-ons were not nice to me.

Be You

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to JHAWKEYE

Thanks Kate for the info... will have to try it in a bit..... I must go for a run now!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

You run? - for pleasure? I hate running. Not that I don't need to exercise more but power walking is more my thing.
Well, it's the end of the day again here in sunny England. Dh and I went for a walk by the river earlier and it really is beautiful countryside around here - especially when it's sunny and warm! I have some photos of the river at various times of the year and today made me think that I really must scrap them!
I have so many started things on my scrap table - I wonder if I'll ever finish them....?

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-02-07 02:52 PM

Hi ladies, I have commented on Kate and Amy's page. Good job ladies!

How is the lifting coming? I have 3 pages to do this week...hope I can do it. I usually do a page a month

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

Working on it right now.. Had to trim the CS for the background and stabbed myself with my exacto knife..not bad, its one of those small cuts that irritates.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-02-07 03:55 PM
In response to ShirleyJB

Oh that is terrible! Sounds like something I would do.

My husband just had an accident at work yesterday and cut his arm open. Tore a hole the size of 1.5 half dollars into his arm. All the way to the muscle!

I took pictures

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Ouch, sorry to hear about your dh's arm, hope it heals quickly.

Yes Carolyn I run for pleasure...rrr, I don't know if I'd call it pleasure, but it's a challenge and has helped me loose a bunch of weight, so I keep doing it to stay in shape.

Shirley, I hate those little cuts... not deep but they hurt like heck!

Off to watch a movie with dh, have a great night!

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2

Stopping in...I'll come back a little later to comment. It was a nice day today so I took ds to the local dog festival. I did pick out my LO to lift, just need to figure out what I'm going to do now! Have a good rest of the weekend.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to sunberry2

Well..I finished it. I'll upload tomorrow, after I recharge the camera batteries. I really like this one..very bright colors.

I'm fixin' to head for bed though. I sweated over this LO, I think it took longer than others in the past, but I had fun doing the lettering with the WB.

Oh Bran! OUCH! Hope he heals quickly!
Good night everyone!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to ShirleyJB

Hi ladies, anyone around?

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

I'm here..board's acting funny..or else its my computer. I keep getting "page cannot be displayed"

How ya doing today?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to ShirleyJB

Hi, I haven't had any problems in the last 20 mins or so. I'm great, thanks. We have had a gorgeous sunny day and BBQd this evening (it's 11pm now), the girls are asleep and it's so peaceful. What have you been busy with today?

Edited by scrappercaz on 06-03-07 01:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

I completed a challenge LO, June color theme and finally got my camera batteries charged so I could upload the pics from the challenges..

Also, playing with the Wishblade software, seeing what I could come up with. I really like challenges..gives me ideas and makes me work a little harder, ya know?

Its hot here, so I'm in the air conditioning, fixing dinner-chicken and rice.
We usually BBQ on Sunday's too..but, no one wanted to go shopping for the stuff, lol..

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to ShirleyJB

Hi everyone...hope the weekend was fabulous for everyone!!

Rant of the day: Brads are a pain in the rear when you have long fingernails.

Rave of the day: Diamond Glaze ...LOVE IT!!

Here's one I did today...hope you like it.

Pudding

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to ShirleyJB

Hi Shirley,
Sounds like you've had a good day...playing with your new SB toy!
How do you like the WB?

I bet it is hot there, it's hot here too.

It's been really quiet on here today... I wonder where everyone is?

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

We had a beautiful day today...rained early on but has been in the low 70's the rest of the day...my ds has been playing all afternoon at a friends house...my dh is downstairs as we speak mixing up a HUGE pot of jambalaya...I took a quick nap then got up to scrap! How much better than that can it get??

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hey Kate,
My weekends been great, how about yours?

Sound like you got to play!
Yep brads can be a pain with nails, but if you have a paper peircer, or the Heidi Swapp petite peircer, you just kind of shove it in between the prongs to separate, and then you can spread them apart and push them down. Hope this helps for next time maybe!
Love the pudding lo, super cute!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Love the pudding LO Kate - did you want any critique on it or was it just one you wanted to do...that sounds like I want to 'put it right' but I don't! It's really fun, bright and cheery...I was just wondering when I went to leave a comment.
So how are you rating the new contraption Shirley?
Becky - I also thought it had been quieter tha normal - wonder why.

I worked on a chipboard 8x8 album of my dd's trip to Croatia in April - all camping, kayaking etc - I'm doing kind of 7Gypsies style and I'm really enjoying it.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Hi Becky...I usually use my Xacto to pierce a hole in the paper, it's trying to get a hold of the brad and getting it into the hole in the paper (especially the mini brads) that's the problem. Tried tweezers once, but they just shot across the room...

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Critique all you can Carolyn!! This one is nailed down due to my experimentation with the Diamond Glaze , so if I can make changes I will, otherwise, it's great to put the critique in my memory bank for the next one!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hi Kate, you're LO is great just as it is - I had nothing specific to add really. I might have added a doodled frame or something around the largest mat but that's just not at all necessary, just a thought!
Diamond Glaze is great isn't it!

Edited by scrappercaz on 06-03-07 02:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Hi Carolyn!

Ok Ladies here is one I did today...

Easter07

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Hi everyone! Joe and I walked 2 miles in the park this afternoon, and we just had a BBQ. Yay we beat the rain! I had a few minutes, so I wanted to catch up here before I fell too far behind!

Brandy, sorry to hear about your dh! I hope he's all right!

Shirley, glad you're enjoying the new Wishblade !

Enjoy the evening everyone!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Great when accidental ideas work out isn't it! Fab LO Becky!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Ok, time to call it a day for me. Enjoy the rest of your evening ladies and who knows, I might get my 'lift' challenge LO done tomorrow!!

G'night

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Hi Ladies, just thought i would check in...Hope everyone had a great weekend.
I have one more LO that i need to complete for a CJ, and then i plan to work on the lift!!!

Class at my lss on Saturday was great...it was 4 hours!!!! It was nice to have some time to myself and let DH spend time with dd!!!! Did i mention it was 4 hours!!!! (taking one next week too)

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Becky...how great for you to take those four hours to yourself...you need and deserve it...!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

I'm bad...I promised myself "no more scrap shopping" as we are going to KC in a week & a half...so I wanted to wait to shop the stores down there...but as I was preparing another layout, I was feeling like I didn't have any letters...yes I have my cricut...but I needed something different...so I shopped in the sb.com store...and only for letters...got a bunch of different kinds (ALL ON CLEARANCE)...trying not to feel guilty...

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to JHAWKEYE

If it's on clearance...it doesn't count!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

• Rileysmom06 Said:

Oh Becky thank you for validating my purchase...that's exactly what I needed to hear!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• Rileysmom06 Said:

Absolutely - it's like food you finish from the children's plates doesn't count if you're on a diet!

Glad you had a bit of 'me' time Becky - vital when you have a littl'un. I can remember my dh heaving a huge sigh of relief when I came home once when he'd been looking after my 2 dds for an hour or two, he said "thank goodness you're back - I need to make a phone call" I must say his multi tasking skills have improved since then and he's really a very competant man but that did amaze me at the time - how did he think I managed all day??

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

How funny, Carolyn!

And yes..clearance and the children's plates don't count!

I was going to cut back on buying too..because of the big purchase. Well...I gotta make a trip out, I really need more cardstock, because of the big purchase..

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to ShirleyJB

Becky, that's great that you had time for yourself at the sb class. 4 hours, wow!

Kate, way to go on the smart purchase! I agree, it doesn't count!

Carolyn, funny about your dh! I can't relate because I don't have kids of my own yet. But I can only imagine!

Lol Shirley, you too with the shopping! Ooo cardstock. Now that can be addicting!

I didn't take any pics all weekend for the challenge. Looks like I'll have to dig around for some. And since it's a new month, I can buy some more supplies!! I'm gonna go have a look at the store... muh hahah!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Hey everyone! I'm checking in...sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Friday I was at a conference for work all day, saturday we went out of town to watch some motorcycle races (I got a lot of my cross-stitch done) and then yesterday I came down with cold. I feel like garbage. The good news out of the weekend, was that my head cold kept me from sleeping so I finished that entire 6x6 wedding book for that friend's dd. It turned out pretty neat...most of the LOs were scraplifted, but I was happy with it nonetheless. I took pictures last night and I'll hopefully get them uploaded so everyone can see them. After burning the midnight oil to finish it and pkg it up, Then ding-dong dora here forgot to bring the pkg to work so it can be mailed Luckily my Dad is saving the day and is picking up the box and mailing it for me

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to scrappindmbfan

Hi Nancy, good for you on finishing the wedding album - I can't think straight when I have a head cold, let alone scrap! Looking forward to seeing the pics!
Lauri - new month...so you can happily shop without feeling guilty - that's great and Shirley, of course you new toy needs some supplies...have fun!
Almost done on my challenge LO - actually the challenge is the title at the moment but I'm sure it'll come to me.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Nancy, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. But it's great that you got to finish up your wedding book. Can't wait to see it! Hope you feel better soon!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Ahhh Carolyn I'm so glad to hear someone else has challenges with titles...I can stare at LO's FOREVER, look thru the gallery, search stuff on the internet and nothing....or...when I finally do find a title that's appropriate, it won't fit the page or I don't have the proper {insert supply here}.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to JHAWKEYE

Ok, frustration here. We went to WalleyWorld because we also needed food.

ALL I wanted was a pack of starter cardstock, you know, multicolors? I wanted 8.5x11 so I could just pop it in the WB. They had "Naturals", which I already have and solid white. One package of 12x12 with the colors I wanted. So, I bought that, a kitty kit and some ink for granddaughter (so she'll stay out of mine!). Looks just like mine, only "kid safe".

She's not yet 3, but likes to do what we are doing, so I'm buying her her own supplies when I buy mine. Yesterday, she kept taking my stuff and telling me "Its for my scrapbook!" She especially likes the punches, the "harp" (heart) one..and I find tiny "harps" everywhere!

I also got a 5 drawer thingy made by Sterlite..on wheels for storage.

So, as soon as she goes to sleep, I'm going to get started. I have enough pics I just printed for about 5 LO's.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-04-07 09:01 AM

Becky, Love the easter lo! You know me with mat's, so that is the only thing I would add. I love the pictures! That is a neat idea

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-04-07 09:04 AM
In response to Bran

Frick! I need to upload a picture but the gallery is frozen. I haven't been able to upload for 2 days!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Bran

checking in to see what you all have been up too. still have to sit down and do my lift. have a great day

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to outsidechic

Hi, I had a great day thanks - hope you do too.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-04-07 12:23 PM

Ok, ladies I need you.

I am doing a challange that required me to do a page off of a sketch. So the picture and paper placement must stay where they are. All else is changable.

The title will read "Faces of Christmas" (I am not commited to that) It will be on the right page. I don't know what color to do it in.

Also this lo is just crying out for embelishments but I just don't have a clue!

2 page lo Right Page Left page

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

Brandy, left ya some comments. Can't wait to see it finished!

I did this one a while ago:
90th birthday

We went to my husband's aunt's 90th birthday. I had only met her once, 20 years ago.

I need to both title this and journal it. The journaling will basically be that we went to her bday party. I've never journaled on velum, but I was thinking of giving it a try-either by hand in gold or on the printer, in either pink or blue and placing it maybe in the white space.

Everything on the page is attached. I put the celebrate mat down with spray adhesive. I was so excited when it came out of the WB right!

So...what do y'all think? Title and journaling? Just journaling or just title? Put the names of the people in there?

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Thanks Bran, it was dh idea sort of... I like the results!
Sorry the gallery is frozen, that bites!

Shirley, you are such a nice grandma! I have three little girls, one loves to "scrapbook" and is pretty good, but I don't really buy her that much, I just give her my "extra" stuff.

Hope everyone's having a great Monday... I'm off to see if I can get some scrappin' done!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to ShirleyJB

shirley, that is a very pretty lo! I think the celebrate frame acts as a title, so in my opinion, I would just journal.

I don't know what I would do for yours Bran... I'm so partial to Christmas colors, or variations of them, I might add some red, maybe green, and maybe a Christmas tree to write the journaling on. HTH!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-04-07 02:00 PM

I AM STUCK! I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this freaking page!!!

UHG

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

Bran, I made the frame with the Wishblade , using the create and cut software. I'm going to play with it some more, see what I can come up with.

Becky, I think I agree with you, I'm going to try the vellum journaling..

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-04-07 02:33 PM
In response to ShirleyJB

Wishblade rocks!!!

There is no way on this earth that my husband will ok that kind of purchase but I will live vicariously through you

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

Hi Ladies! Shirley, the LO of the 90th celebration was so pretty. I'm guessing you'll include the date amd her name but it really doesn't need much else IMO.
Shirley, I like the start of your Christmas LO but I agree it does need something. I think I might use ribbon, perhaps as photo corners and also you could use it coming down the pages in couple of places with baubles or bells appearing to hang from them - can you picture what I mean? I must admit now I haven't got the pic in front of me I can't specify where but I thought the LO waould benefit from some texture/3d element. Look forward to seeing the end result!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-04-07 02:49 PM

I am almost done with my lift and I love love love it!

I am so happy!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

Oops, that last post of mine was mainly for you Bran but I put Shirley's name by mistake. I was just offering a few thought about your Christmas LO...
Glad you're please with your lift LO - mine's almost done, just needs a little finishing off.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

i finished my challenge LOs, so i am starting on the lift LO!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-04-07 06:56 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
Hi Ladies! Shirley, the LO of the 90th celebration was so pretty. I'm guessing you'll include the date amd her name but it really doesn't need much else IMO.
Shirley, I like the start of your Christmas LO but I agree it does need something. I think I might use ribbon, perhaps as photo corners and also you could use it coming down the pages in couple of places with baubles or bells appearing to hang from them - can you picture what I mean? I must admit now I haven't got the pic in front of me I can't specify where but I thought the LO waould benefit from some texture/3d element. Look forward to seeing the end result!

I checked my english to english dictionary and I can't seem to find baubles. What are baubles? Are they christmas balls? I really can't picture anything. I swear, I very much dislike this page

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Bran

Hey everyone. Just popping in after job #2. I wanted to show you guys the album I did this weekend. It was shipped today so I can't fix anything, but just thought if you had any thoughts I could incorporate them next time. The girl I made this for is very non-traditional and they're going to Justice of the Peace on Thursday so I wanted to make something special, but something that gave them room to expand I really starting digging the 6x6 size.

Front cover

Pages 1-2

Pgs 3-4

Pgs 5-6

Pgs 7-8

Pgs 9-10

Back Cover

I always thought of baubles to be fancy things...like blingy jewelry. I remember hearing it in Mrs. Doubtfire lol

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • scrappercaz Said:

I checked my english to english dictionary and I can't seem to find baubles. What are baubles? Are they christmas balls? I really can't picture anything. I swear, I very much dislike this page

That's SO funny Baubles are just balls or decorative things. I just pictured strips of ribbon coming down from the top of the page with a ball or other Christmas shape at the bottom as if they were actually hanging from the ribbon. Have you had any other suggestions or had any more ideas yourself? If you really hate it couldn't you start again completely or is it stuck down?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Yes, Nancy, you're right. It's a kind of dismissive term for gaudy trinkets usually. I LOVE your book and I can't believe you did it so quickly. My only idea for the future would be to stay with one colour theme or range of papers so you have the same colours throughout. I bet they'll love it!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Lovely book! The smallest page I've done is 8x8..and that was HARD!

Bran-we used to have a store here called "Beads and Baubles", sold used costume jewelry..

I always think of "Baubles" with "trinkets"..just little "things" that are shiny and pretty but serve no real purpose?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to ShirleyJB

Yep, that's how I think of it too and so does the OE dictionary actually!!

I've finished my scraplift!

Can't wait to see everyone's work...did we say Friday?

Edited by scrappercaz on 06-05-07 05:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Wow, Nancy really great job on the wedding album! It looks great, I'm sure the happy couple will love it! And you did it so fast! That's the beauty of small albums esp. gift albums, they do go fast!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappindmbfan Said:
Hey everyone. Just popping in after job #2. I wanted to show you guys the album I did this weekend. It was shipped today so I can't fix anything, but just thought if you had any thoughts I could incorporate them next time. The girl I made this for is very non-traditional and they're going to Justice of the Peace on Thursday so I wanted to make something special, but something that gave them room to expand I really starting digging the 6x6 size.

Front cover

Pages 1-2

Pgs 3-4

Pgs 5-6

Pgs 7-8

Pgs 9-10

Back Cover

I always thought of baubles to be fancy things...like blingy jewelry. I remember hearing it in Mrs. Doubtfire lol

You did a great job. It's hard making an album without having all the photos to work with. I cheated on a gift album of my dd's wedding. I bought a premade book and added to it. Since then I've fallen in love with 8x8's. So easy. I've not worked with 6x6 but that should be easier. Less space, less work.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi Becky, what's happening with you? I'm watching craft on QVC and ironing - deep joy!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hey...I'm a guru!!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Thanks for all the love on my album. It did go really fast. The only thing that made it difficult was making the photo mats, because a typical 4x6 picture will be too big so it was hard to pick a size...no matter what they'll have to crop a photo. I hope they like it. The girl getting married is very non-traditional so I didn't want to do the all the same froo froo papers...I had a lot of fun picking out the papers. The first pages were actually for a challenge I do on another site. They send you a bunch of stuff in a baggie and you have to use all of it.

I'm not doing much except procrastinating work. I'm trying to come up with stuff to buy for a pal in one of my swaps. I signe dup for the june swap so you have to give them something that has each letter of the month. U and N are stumping me lol

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 06-05-07 07:20 AM

Whew! That was harder than I thought!!

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Hey Carolyn, I just cut my dh's hair, now i'm getting ready for another run... Your favorite!;)
I hate ironing! I really just don't do it!
Congrats on the Guru status!

I've got another page that's almost done, just have to finish the title, hopefully I'll get it done today!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I don't iron, I use my dryer on fluff mode

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 06-05-07 07:36 AM

I'm way behind here! DS computer went weird yesterday and I had to get it going (he does his homeschool on the computer) and for some reason his stuff won't load on mine. I'm reading but not thinking to deep (that computer thinking zapped me).

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Keys

Well..I'm up, but with a terrible allergy headache. Not sure where this is coming from.

Still need some more CS..someone has paper on sale 50% off...just can't remember who. If I wasn't babysitting, I'd go to the LSS..I have a $50 store credit there, based on purchases..I just can't see a 3yo in there, it would be a nightmare!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to ShirleyJB

I know that paper is on sale at both Ms and HL this week. Don't know if that helps or not.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Whew, I'm back... that run about did me in I think!

No Shirley a 3 yo would be like a bull in a china shop! I hate taking my kids to the lss, so I don't. Hopefully you'll get some time to go spend your credit.

I have a Dr. apoint. tomorrow, so I'm going to go scrap shopping afterwards ( I live 45 min. from the lss!) Any excuse to go to the lss store! Works for me! Can't wait!

Be back soon, must take a shower now! I'm Stinky!!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I haven't been able to look at some of the recent LOs and the new album...trying to put out fires in a CJ that i am in...the hostess seems to be flaking (of course she has my CJ)so i am stressed about this. Trying to take control of the group and get a handle where everyone's journals are. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS!!!!

oh, almost got my lift done

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Shirley, I just got back from AC Moore and JoAnn's, and they are having cardstock sales too. I refrained from buying. But it was fun to look around, lol.

Becky, sorry to hear about the CJ stress! Good luck with everything.

As for the challenge, I don't have any prizes, but I still think it would be fun to have an anonymous vote for the winner. Would everyone prefer for it to be a website-wide vote, or just us? Hope to finish my page tonight!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Nancy, LOVED the wedding album! I'm sure they'll really appreciate it. Nice work!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Decided on HL..paper 50% off..came out with $50 worth of stuff, not all paper, lol.

Got a Spongebob page kit that is going to be great for DGD birthday LO, a set of three albums 6x6, 8x8 and 12x12, reg 19.99, 50% off..uhm, pack of clear stamps (cashier says "THESE are NOT 50% off" "Yes, they are!" I looked at all of them carefully to find the brand that was on sale), some velum and of course, the CS that I went in for to begin with.

I think I'll use the 8x8 for myself..I'm in a challenge to take a pic of yourself everyday, I think that will work out about right.

Not sure what to do with the little one..and the 12x12, that's easy!

So..I'm gonna try to get something done today, DD just called and asked me to iron her scrubs..she's at one job, and doing externship for school..wearing me out!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to ShirleyJB

Either way for the vote is fine with me....

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Becky J - you are good to go running - I wish I could love it then I could eat choccy without guilt!!

Becky - it took me a while but a CJ is a circle journal isn't it? I hope you can get a grip of the situation as the hostess obviously isn't! Stressful though, I agree.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Oh, forgot to say Lauri, voting either way is fine by me too.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Carolyn, that is why I run! I LOVE chocolate, and pretty much any kind of sweets! So in order to stay the slimmer me, I run and exercise usually 5-6 days a week, running and aerobics and weight training.

Lauri, I think it would be fun for the whole site to be able to vote, but it's not neccessary, whoa that doesn't look right... So either way for voting is fine for me too!

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle

Here's a new LO I finished today. Pleased with the whole thing, but the "Memories" stamp is crooked! GRRRRRRR.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/149163/view /864495/-...

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 06-05-07 01:05 PM

Ok ladies, I finally finished that page! The right side got screwed up. The glue I was using went through so I have to re-do one side.

Here it is
Faces of Christmas
Left Page Right Page

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones
In response to Bran

Hello ladies, I'm back from a nap, and I finished my lo I was working on, here it is...

The more than semi-anual Jones Girl Party

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics