Page 1 of 34 
Username Post: -->> Scrap Happenzz Critique Group        (Topic#1422971)
Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

------------------------- ----->> WELCOME TO SCRAP HAPPENZZ <<----------------- -----
{ We are currently FULL. }

Hello, my name is K and I am acting as the leader of Scrap Happenzz! We are a tight-knit bunch of dynamic, artistic souls who like to chat {although it is not necessary to be part of the group}, create and help each other become the best scrappers/crafters we can be. We are NOT a mutual admiration society! Members are expected to give honest, constructive feedback!

Along with critiquing we do swaps, challenges and contests within our group. Prizes are awarded based on the democratic process (we vote) and anyone is welcome/encouraged to host any one of the above activities. Our goal is 100% participation in critique comments/suggestions. Please leave constructive critism. IE criticism that is not directly because of your personal style but that will help improve the layout. This does require a time commitment. We are goal oriented and happy to encourage each other toward these goals. Life does get busy and if you are not able to keep up with the critiques nor minimum layout requirements, then let us know and we won't remove you from the active participant list. That being said, if the group does not hear from you for 3 weeks, you will be removed from the list.

In order to participate you must have "Tenant" status or above, a gallery up and running with at least 3 LOs, a relatively thick skin and healthy sense of humor. You must also be committed to checking the threads on a regular basis, adding constructive input and submitting your own work for others to learn from and critique. Beginning June 10, 2007 I will ask that you post a minimum of 2 LOs per month.

Please post your layouts in the Scrap Happenzz Layout Thread

If you'd like to learn more, please visit Scrap Happenzz on the web!!

Active Member list:
Kaleidascope=Kayla
Nitza = Denitza
cmeinstlouis = Christy
X3Jessicalouise = Jessica
Fiery Redhead = Melissa
twinscrapbee = Brenda
whenscraphappens = Tiffany
Sosumi San = Angela
blushpea = Sharon
~Alma Scrapera~=Nitza
WendyGirl=Wendy
miss becky=Becky
Gelidy Gelato=Lisa

Charter Members {Pop in but not actively involved}
princessrk = Robyn {Founder, not active}
Moi = Moi {charter member, not active}

PLEASE NOTE: If you have been removed from active list to charter list, it was due to inactivity in the group. The membership information states you must remain active on the boards and with submissions to hold member status. We're sorry but we need to make room available. Please try again join us again in the future - just let us know if you won't be able to keep up with us at any time! Thanks again!

Edited by Kaleidascope on 10-30-07 03:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to Kaleidascope

Unpacking my bags and moving in to the new thread!

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise
In response to whenscraphappenzz

Moving on in to our new home.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to x3Jessicalouise

Sweet!

K, I posted some responses to your posts in the old thread...

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

It's sooooo empty here...

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to RainyDayWoman

All the more to fill up with our critiquing goodness!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

Tiff, I forgot to mention - how sweeeet of your DH to give you those Cricut cartridges! Lucky girl, you!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to blushpea

He is a keeper, for sure.

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

We have a new member Melissa .

If you have time today, please visit her gallery!

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

Does this mean there are 3 Melissas now... heh

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

Welcome, Melissa!

Uh, let us know how each of you wanna be discerned from the other -e.g., Melissa Red? Melissa Insert-last-initial-here? NJ Melissa? Etc!

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman
In response to blushpea

Doesn't matter to me lol

Melissa B
NJ Melissa
Lissa
Redhead
Butthead

Whatever you feel like...

And also...

WELCOME MELISSA!!!

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

I am assuming that Mel Cajaya is gone. I have removed her form the list. If she comes back, I will re-add her. I have a blurb in the first post about all of this!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Welcome, Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ironscrapper
Guru
ironscrapper

Hellooooooooooo ladies.

BTW, my screenname has changed since Robyn did the original list K!

Just catching up, time to grocery shop for the DH and el kiddo before I skip town!

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

OK girls, I am starting to get some ACTUAL work done on the site and move past planning. I have found a tutorial for integrating a blog to a site that is specific to blogger so this will allow the site to still be a blog, but to also have more static links...

Now before I can get all the technical stuff going I need first think graphical... I'd like you girls to give me some ideas of what would really make you all happy as far as asthetics is concerned!

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise
In response to ironscrapper

Welcome Melissa! Yes, we'll definitely have to figure out what to call each of you (we'll have to see if the new melissa has a nickname.
off to check your gallery melissa

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

We have another member Scrappercaz = Carolyn please check out her gallery if you have time.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Welcome, Carolyn!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you!

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

Welcome, Carolyn!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Attention:

#1 I am feeling so much better after a little nappy

#2 I am having so much fun on my color LO. I might be done by tonight.

#3 I am skipping class tonight because....I want to.

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

I am getting my scrappy on. I am late on the weekly challenges, and I am waiting for an item in the mail before I finish a layout. Oh well, they still inspired me which is their point. Which reminds me to update the blog!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

Welcome Carolyn!

ironscrapper
Guru
ironscrapper
In response to blushpea

Welcome New Melissa & Carolyn, glad to have you both!

Hmm the site... don't make it too prissy :D. Other than that...

I made a kickazz pair of fingerless gloves from this -- http://vickiehowell.blogspot.com/2007/04/hand-like-hol e... -- pattern. I'm in love with them.

On my way out, will check in tomorrow before I leave!

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

Welcome Carolyn!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi everyone - just a very quick hello before I go to bed - it's 11.30 pm and I need beauty sleep badly - SO badly!! So, thanks for the welcomes, I plan to visit everyone's gallery's tomorrow and have a bit more of a chat, although I have 'met' one or two of you before!

Looking forward to getting involved and hoping I can keep up!!

ClickClick
Diva
ClickClick
In response to scrappercaz

hey ladies! Thanks for letting me join your wonderful group!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to ClickClick

Glad to have you guys!

Sharon, I forgot to discuss Sopranos with you!

I actually liked the ending. I felt that anything else would have been pandering to the lowest common denominator. Hubby and I were giddy coming up with some scenarios that might have happened. Phil....poor Phil. Well, he should have gotten it just for sporting that velour jumpsuit, if you feel me. Loved the side story about the FBI agent. GREATNESS!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Melissa (Jersey girl), can I come live with you and be a mob boss? PLEASE?????

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

LOL... Hey, If you are going to be a mob boss then who am I to tell you no... I mean who doesn't want a mob boss on their side... heh

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Cool! You can be my capo! Wooohooo!

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

Our last new member for now is Amparo .

Welcome new members. This is a rejuvenation for Scap Happenzz. Our leader has left the site in order to pursue a career with scrapping. But we still think as a group we can improve our layouts and projects. Please don't feel intimated that a lot of us know each other quite well and each other's scrapping styles. It is kind that you'd like to look at everyone's galleries but I know this is next to impossible! If you could just keep on top of the NEW critiques then this would be great!

So welcome.

I am finishing up my color layout and will post it tomorrow after work. See you ladies tomorrow.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Welcome, Amparo! Glad to have you!

K, I am finishing my color challenge tonight, also. I'm having such fun doing it that I don't want to finish.

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

yay!! welcome everyone!! can't wait to get to know both of you. Looks like sarah has someone closer to her home over there in england!
New melissa: do you have any nicknames you'd like to go by??
Welcome to Amparo as well!
Going to add all of you to my friends list.

ironscrapper
Guru
ironscrapper

Welcome Amparo :D.

New Melissa - Jack IS hot lol. Who is that?

It's about time for me to hit the hay too - DH got home FIVE HOURS LATE due to a ridiculous last minute domestic clusterf*** and I have to get up at the crack of dawn to grocery shop and pack.

Probably won't get to check in tomorrow now, so I shall chat with you all again sometime Friday!

denitza
Mayor
denitza

Welcome, Melissa!
Welcome, Carolyn!
Welcome, Amparo!
K, thanks for doing the new threads!
Off to check the new girlzz galleries before bed.
Katie, have fun!

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to denitza

Tiff, you dh is sweet! Hope you feel better!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

• whenscraphappens Said:

Sharon, I forgot to discuss Sopranos with you!

I actually liked the ending. I felt that anything else would have been pandering to the lowest common denominator. Hubby and I were giddy coming up with some scenarios that might have happened. Phil....poor Phil. Well, he should have gotten it just for sporting that velour jumpsuit, if you feel me. Loved the side story about the FBI agent. GREATNESS!

I agree. The kind of ending lots of fans wanted (a shoot em up) would've been so predictable. It was quite artistic, how everyone looked so suspect in he end. Hubby & I discussed possibilities too. LOL on velour jumpsuit & FBI agent ("Leave it out, I'll heat it up....Well, then DON'T leave it out!") Hahaha.

Welcome Amparo!!

Edited by blushpea on 06-12-07 03:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Wacky Watson
Guru
Wacky Watson
In response to blushpea

Hiya Hows everyone today?

Welcome, Melissa, Carolyn (Yay someone else from England - you arent that far away from me actually I live in Northamtonshire)& Amparo!

K, thanks for setting up the new threads!

Catching up from last thread:

Melissa: So glad to hear that they will pay to fix you teeth. I am soo happy for you!

K: I think what everyone had to say was right and I agree with them totally.

Tiff: Women are from venus and men are from mars is a great book

Well I am finally feeling better and infection is under control (Yay). So pleased and I have finally made it to my stash so can scrap (even bigger yay) lol

Off to check new LOs

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman
In response to Wacky Watson

Good Morning Ladies!

Welcome Amparo

ClickClick
Diva
ClickClick

• x3Jessicalouise Said:
yay!! welcome everyone!! can't wait to get to know both of you. Looks like sarah has someone closer to her home over there in england!
New melissa: do you have any nicknames you'd like to go by??
Welcome to Amparo as well!
Going to add all of you to my friends list.

Hey there! You can call me missy. That's what everyone here calls me!

ClickClick
Diva
ClickClick

• ironscrapper Said:
Welcome Amparo :D.

New Melissa - Jack IS hot lol. Who is that?

It's about time for me to hit the hay too - DH got home FIVE HOURS LATE due to a ridiculous last minute domestic clusterf*** and I have to get up at the crack of dawn to grocery shop and pack.

Probably won't get to check in tomorrow now, so I shall chat with you all again sometime Friday!

*sigh* that would be Jack Ingram. He's my long lost lover (only he hasnt figured that out yet). He's country music singer.

denitza
Mayor
denitza

Hi girls.
Sarah, so glad you feel better!
Another hot day here-in the 80. Off I go to get everything and everyone ready for the day before the in laws get here.

ClickClick
Diva
ClickClick
In response to denitza

OK, I am having a blonde moment. I checked the layout link and there arnt any there. ????

Also, I have seen where you are all posting layouts about the challanges, etc. where do I find all the information out about these for the future?

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to ClickClick

critique thread-old
Weekly Challenges Thread-old
Memeber Hosted Challenges Thread-Old
Missy, here are the old thread and some of the links to los may not work anymore.

ClickClick
Diva
ClickClick
In response to denitza

thanks dear!

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman
In response to denitza

Missy, we are going through a little bit of an overhaul with our previous leader gone so the this thread and the Layout thread linked in the first post are brand new to us (just started yesterday)

Use the links Nitza posted to check out our old posted LOs...

For information on new weekly challenges and member-hosted challenges we post on our blog at www.scraphappenzz.com
That will soon be getting a bit of an overhaul too, but all info will still be posted there!

ClickClick
Diva
ClickClick

thanks guys! I thought I was missing it somewhere!

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

Sarah: so glad to hear you are doing better. Can't wait to see the results of you being bored and having access to your stash (a very nice combination for scrappers!)
Missy- The weekly challenges are posted sunday evenings. so, a new one was posted for this week.. which you are welcome to do. The weekly challenges we are doing now are to motivate us to be in the lucky 7 contest. each week is a LO for a different category in the contest. you can see all of the past ones on our web site too.

So we have a melissa and a missy and a mel. I can definitely remember that.
Good morning girls! how is everyone today? good i hope.
I am off to class.. good think i only have 4 more classes, too bad it's spread across 2 weeks. lol.
be back on later gaters

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Hey y'all. Quick check in before coffee and worky work. TWO MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL!!!!!! The teachers are always way happier than the students. Trust me.

I just got an email from my LSS (remember the snobby-think they are the starbucks of scrapbook store s) and Ali Landry Edwards will be there tomorrow night. There are a few spots open. I have such a scrap-crush on Ali and I wanna go!! I'm gonna call when they open and get the deets. Keep your fingers crossed.

Edited by whenscraphappens on 06-12-07 05:32 AM. Reason for edit: I'm an idiot.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Okies...I'm an idiot.

Ali Edwards

My husband was obviously channeling the dorito girl and wishing she was gonna be there.

Scrapbooks by Moi
Expert
Scrapbooks by Moi

Welcome, Melissa!
Welcome, Carolyn!
Welcome, Amparo!

Tiff... Ali Landry bwahahahaha - Looosiana Grrl!
Luv Ali E too

Hot Mel (Fiery Redbutt) - I have the domain name and base web space configured on my server - when you're ready just let me know a username/password and I'll set u up with FTP accesss then turn OFF the forwarding to the blogspot {That is... IF thats what you had in mind!}

Off to Scrappy Camp... these little girls are sooo cute - you can tell their moms, aunts or grands scrap - they know ALL the lingo!!

Today we're making paper bag albums

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi everyone. There's SO much to take on board here and it's a busy chatty group but I hope I'll get to grips with it soon!! I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment with trying to 'catch up' and get to know everyone. I'm visiting your 'My Place' pages to try and put faces to the names gradually!

Sarah, nice to have another Brit in this group - and no, you're not too far away at all really!

Can someone fill me in about challenges on here please? Are they ones specific for this critique group, set by ourselves or are they general challenges/contests on this site, or both??

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Okie dokie, newbies. I have a suggestion. I want you guys to jump right in, but at the same time I want you to not feel pressured.

Relax, get to know us, let us get to know you.

How about let's start out with a quick blurb about yourself. Where are you from? Tell us about your family. Describe your scrap-style, if you have one? Link us to your favorite LO. AND because I am voyeuristic....tell us something that not many people know about you. (can be oddball/quirky) Be sure to add anything else that you want us to know.

Also, I promise you newbies, that I will take you under my wing and PM you whenever something new is posted, or something is due, for about a month or so. If you tired of hearing from me, cut the apron strings.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

That's a great idea Tiff. Ok, I'll start.

I'm Carolyn and I'm 46 (how did that happen without me noticing??) I married my 6th form sweetheart (not sure how that translates for your schools but we met when we were 16) and we are still very happy together. We have 2 dds, Steph who is 15 and Lois who is 13. We live in Oxford which is pretty much central England. As for my scrap style - I find I'm still too easily influenced by other people's work and industry trends so one of my aims is the find my true style. This is one of my favourite LOs mainly because it was one of my most original designs I think and because I love these photos of my girls, taken a few years ago. And something that not many people know about me....I alwasy wanted to be a drum majorette but my mum didn't think I was serious so I never got to try.

Ok, that's enough waffle - I can't wait to read the other newbies mini bios!

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

First things first, Welcome new members!!!! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Second I'm soooooo sorry, ya'll are right, I should have at least checked in and let you know I was still among the living. I'm here, I'm good, I'm busy and most importantly I'm sorry! Hope ya'll will still love me, I'm seriously considering telling ya'll something I haven't yet that may explain a few things.....I'm hoping that you all know me well enough not to judge like some people do....

Warning, long story....
In 1998 i finally made the decision to leave my emotionally abusive husband, by the time i had made this decision i had gone through a lot of years of being put down and made fun of. I had at the time 2 daughters in elementary school. We had just moved into the house a few months before and my kids were settled into their school, etc. My now ex was always a good father, it was me he loved to emotionally abuse. When i left, i was told i wouldnt make it on my own, i would fail, come crawling back, etc etc. I believed him, well, all but the come crawling back statement. I found an apartment 1 mile from where we were living. We had joint physical custody but i made the decision to not ask him for child support and to have his address as the primary address so that the girls could stay in the school they were in. Even tho i was just a mile away, it was a different elementary school zone & i didnt want to disrupt the girls more than this divorce all ready was. I honestly thought i would fail, you have to understand what an emotionally abusive relationship can do to a person especially if they get involved at a very young age as i did.
When I left, I was trying to stand on my own 2 feet, take care of my girls during my time, and for the first time learn to live on my own and at the same time heal myself. It was extremely difficult. I have always been a good mom though. If i have ever been good at anything, i would have to say it is a mom. Well, 3 months after i moved into my own apartment, a girl I had called a freind moved into my house with my ex. about 6 mos later, they were married & she became evil Bicth woman. I had my girls half of the time, he had them the other half. Then i get a letter 1 month before, that he is moving 100 miles away with my girls. I am crying as i am writing this because you can't imagine how it still tears my heart out. I took him to court to try to battle him for custody but of course this is a very long process. In the state of Mo, at the time we were divorced there was a law stating that either parent could move anywhere they wanted as long as it was within state lines, so by the time this case was dealt with in court, my girls had been moved to this town over 100 miles away and been settled there for over a year. New school, new friends, etc. I still had my visits, which have now been made as 3 weekends a month and almost all summer long and that is how it remains now. Its definately a lot different then the regular mom i was. I would die for my girls, i soooooo regret not protecting myself more and trusting this a$$wipe to think of the best for my kids. So to get to my explanation, I've had my girls for the last week and i'm HUGELy busy at work, and between spending as much time with my girls as I can, and them taking over my computer, its been difficult for me to check in but i should've at least popped in and for that i'm sorry. I hope ya'll dont think i'm a horrible mom, this is why i never told any of you this, because a lot of people judge...none of you could ever know how horrible this whole thing has been for me and I left that a$$wipe almost 10 years ago. I thought, at that time that i was doing what was best for my kids...

I am sorry (especially to you new people) for the downer post...i just thought i owed you a better explanation than, "I've been busy"

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

Moi, I have come up with a new plan that I think will be a ghetto fabulous way of making things work nice.

I figure we leave the blog site as "home" so don't undo the redirect... I'll add a little navigation to the header that will link to static pages. Then I'll clone the exact look of the blogger site for the static pages including the navigation. This way it looks like one solid site and will all cross link to each other... Kind of like integrating without integrating...

Get me?... i will do all the work using dummie pages and my comcast ftp space... Then when all is done and everyone is pleased we can worry about setting me up for ftp and I will just upload to the scraphappenzz space... This way there will be no "downtime" while i work.

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

Christy,

First off, I don't think anyone here would think you to be a bad mother because you got dealt a bad hand in the man department. Sounds to me like these were all events you could not do anything about and are doing your best to deal with them. That to me is a strong woman AND a good mother!

Sorry it has been so rough for you and hope we didn't sound pushy or rude in our posts. I think we are all just a group of worriers. I am glad you have gotten to spend time with your girls and now that we know this we will be able to be more understanding in the future...

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

Christy I am busy would have sufficed but I feel priviledged that you shared that. Have fun with your girls, it's no problem. Just let us know next time they're in town

newbies. Just simply catch up on the new layouts. Take your time, please don't get overwhelmed.

For your information, I am K, a 23 year old woman who works as a mechanical engineer at a nickel mine {my company is the largest nickel rpoducer in the world!}. My native language is french, I have a wonderful boyfriend and we've recently moved in together and decided to be life partners. I am independant, crafty, opiniated, and I love too much. I love to scrap our lives to be able to document it and our courtship for our eventual family and because I like to feel creative. I also like the sew, paint, and knit, and I would love to learn to quilt. Maybe this winter!

I am mad busy at work too so I won't be on much today.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

No, none of you sounded rude or pushy at all, that is not how I took it. In a way it feels good that there are people out there that worry but at the same time, as a worrier myself, i feel bad because i understand.
This is why most weekends I am MIA also, spending time with my girlies, and also why it is difficult to get as much scrapping done as i want to. My Jamie loves scrapping too but when we scrap together, i'm probably spending more time helping her & its difficult to work on my own stuff.

Newbies, I dont usually get this personal or deep but like i said earlier, i just felt as if i owed the "oldies" (hehehehe) a more throurogh explanation.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis
In response to cmeinstlouis

I have my girls most of the summer. I will be able to spend a bit more time with ya'll as time goes on, just soaking them in right now.

Ok, on a lighter note, I live in Missouri, have 2 beautiful teen daughters, one awesome handsome hubby (couldnt handle more than one, hahaha), 2 step daughters in their early 20's and 3, going on 4 step grandchildren. I am 36 yrs old and work in accounting.
I have been scrapping for about 3 years now and since joining this group and getting Honest critism, feel that my skills have improved greatly (although i still feel i have so much more to learn).

denitza
Mayor
denitza

Christy, First thing-so glad that you are o.k. and still with us. I think you are a strong woman and great mom and I am sorry you had such hard time with your ex.

To all the new members: Hi, my name is Denitza and I'm almost 32 y.o. I'm a stay at home mom with two boys-Alec is 4 and Ethan is 2. Been married to my dh for 5 years. I live in Wisconsin, but I was born in Bulgaria.My scrap style-I don't think I have one. I like to try new things.

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

Just out of curiousity... Do any of you ever do full albums for other people?

My friend asked me to do a scrapbook of her son's first year... At first I thought this would be a great oppurtunity to scrap, but then I thought about it and am starting to think this would be a rather large investment since I don't have any boy or baby theme supplies...

How would you guys handle this?

Oh and to the new Members (I almost forgot we did this): I am Melissa and I am 22. I am married (civil union) and don't have kids yet, but I do have my furry kid (kitty). I work for NJ State right now and am going to be going back to finish college either this fall or spring. I do web design, graphic design, photography, and just found scrapping this past year...

denitza
Mayor
denitza

I haven't done albums for other people. I don't feel like I can do good enough job. But if the girl have seen your stuff and she likes something like it for her son and you feel o.k. with doing it-go ahead. You also can sit down with her and see what colors and other things she likes and what she wants in it. Is she going to pay you for the materials and may be time?

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman
In response to denitza

Thats what I'm concerned about... I don't care if she pays for time because I like doing it... But I'm worried how much money I would have to put in to this to get appropriate supplies for a book about a baby boy... And I always hate discussing costs with people!

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

My suggestion is you ask her to pay for supplies and go shopping with her. That way she can help pick out things for the book...If she picks out something butt ugly or something you dont feel you can work with, you can tell her.
I have too many pages to catch up on to do a whole book for someone else. Could you do an 8x8 book?

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Hey girls!! thank you all for the warm welcome!!! Thanks for all the friend request I have had I feel special:) You all will have to bear with me on this one, I have never been part of a group like this (or anyhting close) I am not that great with computers either. I hope to get to know you all and learn new techniques and step up my scrapping!!!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Christy, we've never spoken before but you've obviously had a rough time that you dealt with as best as possible. Good on you for putting your girls first - they will always know you did whatever you could for them, even if some things were beyond your control.

I look forward to getting to know you better when you're able to be on here more.

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRR

VENT ALERT!

Ok so first off, being the receptionist is NOT my job... Us transcribers only do it because they currently do not have a receptionist here.... So I really shouldn't even have to deal with this...

So today we have a psychologist in to see our clients... This is an every tuesday thing... He gives us a list and we schedule our clients every half hour... So one of the client's scheduled for 12 comes in at 11... I knew he wouldn't be seen early because there were two appointments ahead of him so I gave him some paperwork he could start on and left it at that. Now keep in mind this man knew his appointment wasn't until 12 because he had called to confirm earlier... So 12:05 rolls around and the man comes to the desk and asks me if the psychologist is actually in... I said to him "Yes he is, but he is in with another client. Your appointment wasn't until 12 which is now so it should only be a few more minutes". So he says he's gonna go downstairs and have a ciggarette... Fine... Not 2 minutes later his wife calls and starts complaining about the girl at the desk (me)... She stated that all he asked was whether the psychologist was in and any additional information given was just rude. I should have replied either yes or no rather than try to explain to him why he hadn't been seen yet...

She starts lecturing me on treatment of clients and then states that when 12:00 o'clock hit on the nose I should have went into the waiting room and told this man that the psychologist is still with someone else. He shouldn't have had to come to the desk in the first place... Are you kidding me? I have to play receptionist and answer phones and watch this damned window... All while doing my real job and you want me to explain to client's when someone is running 1 minute late... And on top of that... If the appointment is 12 and 12 hits how do I know yet if he is running late or not. I mean most people would assume to give or take 10 or 15 minutes with an appointment... Do you go into a Dr's office and get seen at the exact minute of your appointment time?

So I'm trying to calm her down and make her understand the process without being rude (because my mind was cussing her out something fierce)... Then she starts telling me she has a bachelor's degree in this and I'm feeding her a crock of ********! You have a bachelor's degree in sitting at the front desk? Sorry to inform this woman but I have no training in being a receptionist. I have computer training and a computer job. I was roped into the receptionist thing and do it just fine all day every day without a bachelor's degree and have only ever had one other complaint. My client's love me.

What reasonable person would think like this... And of course, I'm trying to handle this situation without offering up a manager (she is typically a witch and therefore bothering her for stupid complaints is not on my to-do list). So here I am trying to calm this woman and simply explain logic to her without seeming like I'm doing so, but all she is doing is throwing complaint after complaint of what should have been done. All of which are not realistic. And then she gets to the point where she's contradicting herself and I'm getting madder and madder just trying to keep myself composed... So my manager walks by and I just give up and tell the woman to hold for the manager and transfer the call...

She starts cussing out the manager.. HA! She had all these things to tell the manager about how things should be done and how rude I am. Nothing the manager could say would please her... So she gave up and told the lady she was more than welcome to call the central office or the governor or whoever else she wanted to call...

Well for once the manager was actually a human being and told me not to worry about it because I did nothing wrong and there was nothing I could do... She called our central office and is telling them and the governer what happens before the client calls to complain. Yeah, when clients complain about us its to the governor... GRRR!!!

OK Sorry.. My cell died so I couln't rant via home and I really needed to get that off my chest...

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

Thank you Carolyn, i look forward to getting to know you too!
Melissa, sorry you're having a bad day, try not to let this woman get to you or she has ultimately won and good for your boss!

I think i have caught up on all of the critiques, if i missed anyone, please let me know!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

K, to answer your question in my gallery, I handcut the waves in my "Rolling" lo. My trick to handcutting - do it quickly so you don't think too much about it!

That is maddening, Melissa! I'm glad the manager was at least on your side w/ this one. BA in Reception - ha! Glad you got that off your chest.

Oh as far as doing an album for someone else, I'm too busy to do anything but a mini book for someone else, if that. My 2nd cousin-in-law is doing a book for someone & she says it's quite liberating because it's not your stuff, it's just photos, so it's a little easier. If you do it, I think the idea of shopping w/ your friend is good.

Christy - no judgments on you, I'm just glad to hear that you are okay. Thank you for sharing such a personal story. You seem like an amazing mom, enjoy your time w/ your daughters! I didn't think you would leave us without saying anything so I'm so glad you checked in.

As fer ME, I'm Sharon, I live in New York City, 36 yrs old, married to an amazing, cute, hilarious & supportive guy. We talk of becoming parents (to a child or a pet) but haven't yet due to love of hobbies & naps! I'm a legal assistant in entertainment law; I enjoy my job but the long hours get to me. Started scrapbooking in the modern sense in '05 but made old fashioned scrapbooks, kept photos & journals on & off my entire life.

My style...hmm, don't know, it's a bit random, often collage-y...I like multiple photos & ink & things that are askew (grrlzz, is that a good way to describe my style?). I scrap chronologically & enjoy that...I don't stress out about being "behind" like some do (well, not too much anyway!). Until you newbies joined up, I was the newest member of SHCG! I did my 1st ever challenge w/ SHCG recently (my response to Brenda/twinscrapbee's Japanese challenge, I deleted the bump from the old Weekly Challenge LO thread but it's in my gallery) & realized how freakin awesomely FUN challenges are! I've done two more since & am having a ball. Being a part of SHCG helps give me a valuable outsider perspective of my work, plus has acquainted me w/ some righteous scrappy babes!

Scrapbooks by Moi
Expert
Scrapbooks by Moi
In response to blushpea

Christy - BIG HUGE GARGANTUAN HUG!! 'nuf said

Reddbutt {giggles} - the GOLDEN KEYBOARD award ... you are completely justified and very controlled to not have busted this woman THROUGH the phone line. Just remember - KARMA baby!

Sharon - Hobbies and naps - my kinda life!!

Hi newbies!
I'm Moi (just me) One of the original Scrap Happenzz Grrls, along with K, Christy, Jess, Katie, Nitza, and Sarah... do we really only have 7 of the original dirty dozen left??? Charter Members - WOWZERS!
Live in New Orleans area - Survived Katrina and reconstruction, Married 23+ years to the love of my life, two sons both in the military, 2 feathered babies. Still getting accustomed to the empty nest but loving it so far. Scrapper for as long as I can remember - my 1st scrapbook dates back to 1971!

Scrapbooks by Moi
Expert
Scrapbooks by Moi
In response to Scrapbooks by Moi

Sayonara Scrappy Chix... IT'S SAKE NIGHT!!

Sushi - yummers!!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Uhhhhhhhggggggghhhhhh, I'm still so sick. I thought I was better *sniff* but I'm not.

Christy, love you! I hope that you know that we won't judge you especially when in essence you were proving how great of a mom you are by spending so much time with them. I hate that you ever had to go through any of that.

If I ever go live in Jersey with Melissa, and become a mob boss... I'll break his legs for you.

Speaking of Melissa, I think that you handled that man and his pesky wife with grace and professionalism. I mean....you coulda said "Noneya business, sit down and wait" and then given the finger. It's all perspective.

I want sushi. I want saki. I want chicken teriyaki. I just made that up all by myself. On that note, I must rest my weary (and stuffy) head.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys. I have a date tomorrow night with Ali Edwards! There was a spot left and I got it!

I finished my color LO, I just can find the gumption to go through the uploading process. Maybe later tonight. Don't hold your breath, my peeps.

Scrapbooks by Moi
Expert
Scrapbooks by Moi

Oh Tif.... TAKE PICTURES - GET AUTOGRAPHS FOR THE GRRRLZ!

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

Have fun Tiff. I hope you learn lots and you are able to share some of it with us!

I didn't get to uploading either .. my brother is moving out tomorrow and so we had a nice dinner with him and he bought us Dairy Queen to thank us!

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

K, how nice of your brother, Love the Dairy Queen but not good for the diet. Speaking of diet, its been a slow go since I quit WW. I have lost a total of 28 lbs though (was 30, then gained 2 back). I'm trying to stay on the diet, got to get back on that wagon!

Tiff, LOL, thanks for the thoughts and the if you lived in Jersey offer, funny thing is in real life I've had a few people really offer the same thing, but i told them no way, its still my girls dad....<sigh>

I did get caught up on the rest of the thread too and just wanted to say, Melissa, glad to see you are getting your teeth fixed, thats awesome!
K, you got some great relationship advice, I pretty much 2nd everything everyone said.
Tiff I hope you feel better,
Sarah, glad you're feeling better,
Brenda, where you be sweet?
Everyone, i missed ya's
New peoples, you will learn so much from this awesome group of women.
Well, going to surrender the computer to the girls now so they can play Zoo Tycoon, I love that game, its pretty cool but wont play cuz i'd probably get lost in it!
I will try to pop in again tomorrow whilst at work.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Hey you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally got my color submission uploaded. It took everything outta me to get it all the materials listed.

I will definitely get pics and Ali's autograph. I'll see if she can address it to the Scrap Happenzz Girlzz and we can post it on the blog.

I don't know how much I will learn as it is a mix and mingle. Here was the email:

Ali Edwards @ Ever After!
Wednesday, June 13th (as in 2 days from now!)
6-9 p.m.

The energy is high here at Ever After as we prepare for Ali’s visit on Wednesday! We are all abuzz for this Exclusive Ever After Event. There are still a FEW SPOTS LEFT for this amazing opportunity to mix and mingle with the scrapbook industry’s superstar. Ali is bringing her own personal scrapbooks and projects to share, and will offer an up close and personal Q&A session. We’ve created an awesome make-n-take for your photo with Ali and there are LOADS OF PRIZES TO GIVEAWAY! Not to mention, there’ll be plenty of appetizers, wine and other fun beverages, and desserts galore. Yes, you can still sign up…hurry, though. Time is about to run out! Remember, a portion of the fee goes to the San Diego Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

DID THEY SAY WINE??? Woohooo! Drunken scrappin'!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Hey visit the store's website.

http://www.everafterscrapbooks.com/events.htm#ali

Maybe I will learn something.

Alrighty ladiezz. I'm headin' to bed with my stuffy head.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi everyone,

Hope you're feeling better soon Tiff.

Hoping to actually get a page done today as I just haven't completed anything for days!! I'm also currently working on an 8x8 album of a trip my eldest dd took recently hiking and kayaking in Croatia. It's kind of 7 Gypsies style but I've just run out of pp - arghhh. I only have one really small LSS locally so I'll have to order online and that can take a few days unfortunately. When will we catch up with you guys - you all seem to have great places to shop fairly locally for stash!

Will call in again later when you guys all get up!!

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

Morning, morning.

Moi you've been scrapping since 1971?

Carolyn this album sounds fun. I am not sure what ' Rusty Pickle style' is and so I am excited to see it!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Rusty Pickle ? That's similar to 7 Gypsies I guess. 7Gypsies is kind of a fun take on office type things with lots of metal embellishments like file tabs, clips and document type papers and note cards. They also have lots of pretty papers too but it's quite eclectic and that makes it quite easy to put together. It just really suits some photos I think.

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman

Tiff, sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun. Wish we had stuff like that around here, but my LSS doesn't even have scrapbook classes or crops... They do cake decorating... Hope you are feeling better today than you did yesterday!

Christy you have gotten down a lot! Great job... Be careful though... I thought when I stopped LA Weightloss I would keep up with the program and finish by myself. It just wasn't as easy by myself and I slowly put the pounds back on... You definately have to be a very self motivated person!

It was sooooo nice to have the house to myself last night even though I didn't get anything done. A friend of mine came over and we had some wine and played badmitten (sp?) in the rain for hours... Super fun!

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

Melissa that sounds like a blast!!! How fun!
Yes I know i have to be careful now, I'm not liking the way this is going especially since ideally i want to lose another 20 lbs. The good thing is that i have a good friend here at work who I went to WW with and she is still in it so we do encourage each other.

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

Christy I missed why you quit?

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Hey girlzz, we woke up late. arghhhhhhh

I hope the kids didn't sleep late because they are getting what I have. I have been so careful to keep my distance and disinfect. Only time will tell.

Last day for students! Yippee!

Scrapbooks by Moi
Expert
Scrapbooks by Moi

YAY TIFF! Sheeesh, kinda late into June... when do you start school?? We start mid-August

Hope you feel better soon and no sick kids!

Off to Scrappy Camp... "Note Totes" today

Ooooh, then my Salon Senoj facial @ 5 - yippee!!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Thanks, Moi. We start the last week in August. In the past, we started after Labor Day, but the last five years or so, it keeps creeping earlier and earlier. The bad thing is we don't get out any earlier. They just keep giving us some days here and there in the school year. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Your scrappy camp sounds like so much darn fun!!!!!!!!!!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Today I get to read one of my favorite books to the students.

Oh the places you'll go by Dr. Seuss

I cry everytime!

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

Moi I am darn jealous of your facial.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

K, i just quit because I figured i could do it on my own and to save some $$ so i could go buy some new clothes when i do lose the additional weight.
I can do it on my own, just have to put my mind to it!

Wacky Watson
Guru
Wacky Watson

Hiya

About me: I am 18 and live in England with my mum and bro. I have a puppy (hes actually 6 but he doesnt act like it) called Watson. I go to college. I have been scraping since May 06 and my 'style' is clean and simple.

Christy: First thing - Big ((((hugs))) to you. It sounds like it been awful for you. Secondally - 5 years ago My parents seperated for the same reasons as you. My Dad also told my mum that she would fail and she wouldnt get anywhere. My mum did get full custody of me, my bro. and the dog! Anyway as you know cause the dynamics of the family change which pulled my mums, mine and my bros very close relation ship to nothing. She also lost the support of her mother so had no one to turn to. This caused my Mum to get serve depression in which it wasnt rare when I came home from school I saw her curled up in a ball in tears and nothing i could say or do will make it better. This went downhill much worse for at least a year. I suppose the point I am making is I have never been prouder of my Mum. She did get over depression and didnt go back to my dad. She managed to keep things running and eventually managed to help herself. I have never once considered her to be a bad mum and cant see that I will. She did the best she could in a difficult situation in which managed to get through which makes me sure that your girls will feel the same way. As long as anyone does the best for themselves and their kids in my book they are a good mom/mum and no one should be able to judge them on that.

Mellisa: That is so annoying but at least your boss stood up for you. And I have made a book for someone else and especially if they do not scrap, anything you make is good even if to you it is not. I tend to raid my scraps box and use that which cuts cost. I made an 8x8 book the other month that came to a total of £10 with 12 double pages on a wedding that they got that night. It was nothing spectacular to me but they love it and take it everywhere. I had no wedding stuff but by using my scraps it cut my costs down loads!

Tiff: Sounds like fun ... definatly take pics!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Carolyn: Someone else feels my pain!!! I also only have a diddy LSS (two shelves and a paper rack) but i found that Colmans have alot of stuff in at the mo. Also what site do you use to order from?

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

Tiff, have fun at class!

Moi, I wanna go to your camp AND get a facial.

Carolyn, put me down as someone who DOESN'T have an awesome supplies source nearby. There are no LSS in Manhattan. There are small scrap sections in art supply stores if I need a quick fix or places to get scrap-related stuff (stamp store, trimmings stores, etc) but it's mostly online for this gal.

Can't wait to see some of the newbies' work!

I did ww online to lose post-quitting-smoking weight (14 lbs) & I still belong. I just love the accountabality that their online tools give me. But I have often thought that I would save $$ by quitting & just being motivated enough to keep up myself...

OK so one great thing about summer is that the weather's nicer & everyone's got stuff goin on. But I'm/we're just soo booked for the next few weeks it's insane (not to mention cutting into scrap time!). Last night - friend's comedy benefit, then friend's music gig. Tonight - free concert (Booker T & The MGs). Sat 6/16- Bass lesson, baby shower, then birthday party. Sun 6/17 - Father's Day. Tues 6/19 - 3rd Anniversary dinner. Sat 6/23 - Anniversary day trip. Wed 6/27 - Rise Against concert. Thurs 6/28 - Coworkers night out. Sat 6/30 See the mother-in-law. Some upcoming Tues - DH & buds play short opening set for friends. Then there's already another free concert (Spoon) & a crop in the 1st 2 wks of July. Whew!

So though I'm happy to be out & about, & I WANT to do all these social things, I am really aching for more scrap time. I have my last entry to do on our round of Dirty Rotten Scrapper circle journals (it consists of 4 truth or dare cards & an intro card) & a Lucky 7 LO that's been floating roun' my head. (Speaking of DRS, yoohoo, Brenda? Where you be??)

Oh to clone myself! I really just want a work clone that'll do my job so I can be home scrapping right now. I can dream, right??

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman
In response to blushpea

Sharon, you are a busy lady! If you figure out that cloning thing let me know... I could REALLY use a work clone!

denitza
Mayor
denitza

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRENDA!

Hi girls , just trying to catch up before everybody comes. Hope you all are having a great day!

Edited by Nitza on 06-13-07 07:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to denitza

Right! Thanks for the reminder, Nitza. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA!!

RainyDayWoman
Expert
RainyDayWoman
In response to blushpea

Happy Birthday Brenda!!!!

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

Christy: Have fun with your girls. An "i'm busy" would have been plenty, but I am so honored you shared this with us. at no point in time, even now, would I see you as a bad mother. and i'm sure your girls feel the same way. come here
Melissa: ugh how upsetting! glad to hear the manager was with you on this one.
Tiff: cool that you got that spot at the LSS. hope you feel better by then for it.
Moi: have fun at scrappy camp!
Brenda: happy birthday !!

FOr the newbies: My name is Jessica (i know i know, hello captain obvious) I tend to be quite the energetic person here. I am 19, currently going to college to become and elementary school teacher. Finally finished my first year. With my high school sweetheart for 2 1/2 years now (where does the time go?!) Most of my scrapping is on our life together. I started scrapping last summer.. but really did more when I started this group. (i love you grrlz). Not really sure of my "style" i love to use flowers and ink and LOVE to use my cricut.

Well I am off to town to do some errands. Then work at 2 (but i might go in late because I just do not feel very great right now)

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope

Happy Birthday Bren. I haven't heard from her since we made the new thread!

Page 1 of 34 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics