Page 1 of 56 
Username Post: The Parthenon Gallery support group(full and active)        (Topic#1424665)
scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

this is a critique group full of hard working people.We try to keep things stress free around here so we don't have a lot of challenges and things.What we do have is a bunch of very supportive,fun people who love to scrap and share the work they have done.If you are looking for a laid back place to share your work and maby give and recieve some ideas to help us become better scrapbookers we would love to have you join us and look foward to meeting you
THANKS
LYNN
Lamoo12 (melanie, dec 3)
Horse with noname (Glenda,Nov 18)
Scraphappen (lynn,Oct 29) (group Driver)
Fablady (Karen,dec 9)
Elzste (Elzie,Jun 24)
El Kady (Laura, Aug 10)
Chuewanita (Lisa, Nov 8 )
Ann Marie (ann,Jul 25)
a pez4 (alicia, july 23)
DNA301 (Ashley,march 1)
Catwil (cat,july 5th)
april eric forever (april, oct 11)
Fleur De Lis (Olga,jul2ed)
ozzy(Kim.Nov21)
scrappingaddict (Ann Marie AKA Ann M,Nov4th)
scrapjunki (Gail,Sept 22ed)
betty 1 (judy,AKA betty ,Jul24)
Queen of pink(Santie,DEC 12)
Purple freakazoid (Niccy,Oct31)
I believe this is everyone.Welcome and feel free to jump inand enjoy.
I HAVE UPDATED THIS LIST IF YOU DONOT SEE YOUR NAME AND WISH TO REMAIN A MEMBER PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY ADD YOU BACK TO THE LIST

Time For Some Fun

ANYTHING GOES SWAP (Finished)

Karens Early Fall ATC Swap
THR RULES
1..Sighn ups end Aug 20th
2..Theme is anything you would like
3..ATC cards are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 in size
4..Name,Date,group,etc should be printed on back
5..Cards should be mailed no later than sept 23rd
to karen along with a self addresses STAMPED
envelope.HOW TO DO THIS IS LISTED IN DETAIL
BELOW.
6..This is most important HAVE FUN dont stress over it and ask questions if you dont know. this is supose to be fun
Members
Karen
Glenda
April
Laura
Santie
AnnM
Cat
Lynn
Gail
HOW TO SEND A SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE

1.. you need two envelopes (Padded Prefered)
1 big enough to hold ATC's and return
envelope.this should have the address
you are sending them to.
2ed envelope should be big enough to hold
your ATC's in.this envelope should be
addressed to youeself.this envelope
is for the person running the swap to
send your swap items back to you.
2.. Bring envelopes and cards to postoffice and
have postmaster weigh everythin,both
envelpoes and cards and have him put that
amt of postage on the return envelpoe(this
should give you a little extra on the return
envelope incase it may weigh a little more
on the return
place envelope and cards in envelope
addressed to person running swap and have
postmaster put same postage on that envelope
then mail.
this is the cheapest way to run a swap and
the self addressed stamped envelopes are a
way to prevent the person running the swap
from paying out a bunch of postage>
3.. thanks for cooperating

Link to old parthenon forum Locked

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to scraphappen

hey everyone it's Me.
the old post will be locked soon but you will still be able to read the posts if you may have missed any.I will also add a link to here so it can be easily gotten to.please add any new posts here to assure that we all get a chance tosee them and respond.
Yay the weekend has Begun.although I have no time to work on my LO because I'm working.I Hope I will Tomorrow.It would be nice to have a new LO to post.
Have A Great Saturday
Lynn

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Hi Gina I entered the contest.I cant believe how many people did.this is a link to my LO if you want to see it

Lucky 7 entry

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Glenda
Have you tried to enter a digi contest.I dont do digi becaust i'm just not that technical so i dont know the rules for them.but you should give it a try your work is great.will you post a link to your latest here.
lynn

Edited by scraphappen on 06-23-07 04:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Hey Ellz.Boy you go girl! you just keep kicking those LO out for us.Great Job.Could you post a link On our new thread so we can all look at it
Thanks
Lynn

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Hi Jen glad to see you poped in to say HI.I'm sorry work has been so crazy .I hope you will have a restful weekend
Lynn

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

I found this posted on one of out sister group threads.I thought it was cute.give it a try just click on the pic to answer the Questions

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-23-07 07:26 AM

I tried that profile thing. I'm a wild cat. I don't know how I got that way, but the whole thing was spot on for me.

New thread, new digs, cool beans!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-23-07 07:30 AM
In response to GrandmaMichelf

Wow, I don't know where I've been but I didn't think about entering that contest because I thought you had to use specific papers or something. Now that I've read the rules, I got plenty of time to submit 7 layouts. This is so cool.

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7

I entered a few layouts in the lucky 7 contest but I don't have a chance in he** on winning...that's ok...I just enter for fun...uploaed them anyway.

Lynn, can you fix my name and bday on the first post.... Adrienne / August 27... Thanks!

Have a great weekend ladies!

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

good luck entering the contest.I hope you post the LO here for us to see.
glad you like the new thread.If you have any ideas for anything such as chalenges and what not please let me know
This is for all of you I'm sure their is a lot of great ideas from all of you

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7
In response to Adrienne7

Oh yeah...on the last thread Ellz asked if we could make suggestions on how she could make her page better....

How about if when we post a link to a new layout we say if we want critique or just love.

On a critique comment you can list something you like...something you would change or add...and something else you like. about the layout.

Just an idea...

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to Adrienne7

• Adrienne7 Said:
I entered a few layouts in the lucky 7 contest but I don't have a chance in he** on winning...that's ok...I just enter for fun...uploaed them anyway.

Lynn, can you fix my name and bday on the first post.... Adrienne / August 27... Thanks!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Aug 27th is a much better day
If you would post a link to your entries I would love to see them

Edited by scraphappen on 06-23-07 07:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to Adrienne7

• Adrienne7 Said:
Oh yeah...on the last thread Ellz asked if we could make suggestions on how she could make her page better....

How about if when we post a link to a new layout we say if we want critique or just love.

On a critique comment you can list something you like...something you would change or add...and something else you like. about the layout.

Just an idea...

great Idea.What I've seen done is for a person to leave some love in the comments area of the posted LO and critiques on the group thread so the general public does'nt need to read it if the creator of the LO does not wish it.either way it is nice to know if the creator is looking for a critique or not.
Thank you for the sugestion of how to kindly critique by pointing out something you like something you would add or change and something else you like.I have been a bit shy about giving a critique because I'm not such a great scrapper and dont want to offend anyone.
Have a great week end

Edited by scraphappen on 06-23-07 07:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MaggieMom
Idol
MaggieMom

I just uploaded a new LO. Please feel free to check it out and critique. I was using one of Q-diggity's new Sketch ideas.

http://scrapbook.com/galleries/149159/view /895231/-1/0/...

I had fun at the Great American Scrapbook Convention yesterday, but ended up with "sensory overload!" The coolest new product I found was customized 12x12 cs. They have random or horizontal patterns in various color schemes where they print your name or 2 names, date, etc. It's what I used for the LO above.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to MaggieMom

Hi maria.I'm glad you found us and welcome back.I'nm glad you had a good time at the convention .
Your LO is beautiful and the dog is sooo cute.I have a hard time with the critique part.I love the flurishes and colors and photo.everything.If I had to pick something to add or change it would be to do something to make the pic stick out a little better.I dont know what maby a frame or something to keep the pic from getting a little lost in the background
If im out of line please let me know i'm a bit new at this
thanks Lynn

Edited by scraphappen on 06-23-07 08:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MaggieMom
Idol
MaggieMom

Lynn, Thanks for the critique (I'm Connie BTW). You are not out of line at all. In fact I was thinking the same thing myself about adding a mat to the photo. Great point.

My understanding of the forum is that we would be giving constructive criticism, praise, whatever - that's exactly what you did! I don't want just a pat on the head here, but want to get input from other scrappers so I can continue to improve and refine my "art."

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• scraphappen Said:
Hi Gina I entered the contest.I cant believe how many people did.this is a link to my LO if you want to see it

Lucky 7 entry

that is awesome that you entered! I love the lo! I will leave you some love there in just a bit (wanna catch up here first)

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• scraphappen Said:
I found this posted on one of out sister group threads.I thought it was cute.give it a try just click on the pic to answer the Questions

I did this and it was pretty accurate...said I was a ROMANTIC..awwwwwwwwwwwww (I am) lol!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• scraphappen Said:
  • Adrienne7 Said:

Just an idea...

great Idea.What I've seen done is for a person to leave some love in the comments area of the posted LO and critiques on the group thread so the general public does'nt need to read it if the creator of the LO does not wish it.either way it is nice to know if the creator is looking for a critique or not.
Thank you for the sugestion of how to kindly critique by pointing out something you like something you would add or change and something else you like.I have been a bit shy about giving a critique because I'm not such a great scrapper and dont want to offend anyone.
Have a great week end

Personally I thought the purpose of our groups was to gain constructive critisism....then when I started seeing everyone post only "love" I started doing the same...but I would prefer that we helped one another by suggesting ideas to help make our work better. So I say we leave love under the lo and post suggestions here on the thread.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to gg loves Matthew

Hi Connie....so jealous you got to go to such a fun convention!!!

I love that new paper! it is awesome! I agree with Lynn about the photo of Sallie....I think what I would do would be to frame her picture with a 1/4 in the orange color paper since that seems to pop off the page.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

Well my week end will begin in about 45 minutes...that is when my employees leave and don't return til Monday! Hopefully I will have some time to scrap and play in my sb room Hope you are all having a good weekend!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• GrandmaMichelf Said:
Wow, I don't know where I've been but I didn't think about entering that contest because I thought you had to use specific papers or something. Now that I've read the rules, I got plenty of time to submit 7 layouts. This is so cool.

Thing is Michele, you don't even need to do 7....rules say anything between 1 and 7

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname

• scraphappen Said:
Glenda
Have you tried to enter a digi contest.I dont do digi becaust i'm just not that technical so i dont know the rules for them.but you should give it a try your work is great.will you post a link to your latest here.
lynn

I looked at the rules and they want me to buy their digi stuff. I didn't like the paper on most of what I saw. I just got a message from Megan that I can enter if the challenge is to get aclear shot of the t-shirts with the pictures in them. I think I did, I'm not sure. My husb t-shirt is dirty now.

My birthday is November 18, I must have messed up.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to MaggieMom

• MaggieMom Said:
Lynn, Thanks for the critique (I'm Connie BTW). You are not out of line at all. In fact I was thinking the same thing myself about adding a mat to the photo. Great point.

My understanding of the forum is that we would be giving constructive criticism, praise, whatever - that's exactly what you did! I don't want just a pat on the head here, but want to get input from other scrappers so I can continue to improve and refine my "art."

I'm sorry connie I'm still getting to know everyones name.I like the idea of an orange mat

just popping in for a little peek i Worked al day and am totally tired

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to horse-withnoname

• horse-withnoname Said:
  • scraphappen Said:
Glenda
lynn

I looked at the rules and they want me to buy their digi stuff. I didn't like the paper on most of what I saw. I just got a message from Megan that I can enter if the challenge is to get aclear shot of the t-shirts with the pictures in them. I think I did, I'm not sure. My husb t-shirt is dirty now.

My birthday is November 18, I must have messed up.

Hi glenda.i fixed your B-day .How are you feeling these days?i hope all is getting a little better

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

• gg loves Matthew Said:
  • GrandmaMichelf Said:

Thing is Michele, you don't even need to do 7....rules say anything between 1 and 7

I'm lucky if i can get one done these days.I'm so looking foward to seeing these LO's

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname

• scraphappen Said:
Glenda
lynn

I got an answer from Megan. She said:
You can enter....if the t-shirts are part of the entry, the challenge will be to get a shot that's clear enough that they're visible.

I have good shots. Then I read rules for the Lucky7. I has to be a layout. I do all my LO's in Microsoft Word 2000 Professional. I drag my text boxes around just as much as anybody doodles with their gidgets, so I emailed the person on the bottom to see which one I belong in. I would like to win either a camera or a printer. I'm waiting for his answer. I have two simple layouts done with emphasis on the T-shirts and I'm waiting for his answer. They really aren't my best work, and if they sit here much longer, they're aren't going to look like they do now! I can't leave anything alone. I used to enter my ceramics and I did pretty good, but I never developed into photos as much as I have now, it was just flyers with words or pix, the regular stuff you see in a newspaper.

Oh, well, I got two more done whether they are entered or not! Another contest will come along!

You all have a nice weekend! My son's having problems with his tooth and he's asleep in that hot trailer and I can't get his dog to leave him to come in the house. I even put food down. Worry, worry, stew stew..

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname

Just wanted to show you my work space where I do my LO's.. Golly everybody else has a table.

My work station

Its so much fun, theraputic, and ADDICTIVE! I will tell you how I do the LO's sometime!

Ellz
Ellz 
Resident
Ellz
  • Ellz on 06-24-07 12:31 AM

here's the link 2 my new LO. I found a photo! lol.
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/178281/view /895057/-...
I thought i'd try something a little different with clean and simple circles. enjoy!

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to Ellz

Hey ellz I love your LO. maby you could add a title or journaling at the bottom to fill in a bit of the white space.I love the circles and what a great job with those flowres.again you are an inspiration to those of us who feel we need a trunk of stuff to scrap.

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7
In response to MaggieMom

• MaggieMom Said:
I just uploaded a new LO. Please feel free to check it out and critique. I was using one of Q-diggity's new Sketch ideas.

I had fun at the Great American Scrapbook Convention yesterday, but ended up with "sensory overload!" The coolest new product I found was customized 12x12 cs. They have random or horizontal patterns in various color schemes where they print your name or 2 names, date, etc. It's what I used for the LO above.

I agree with the other gals about matting the photo...maybe rounding the corner of the photo that overlaps the circle??
Other than that I really like the rest of the layout!

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7
In response to Ellz

• Ellz Said:
I thought i'd try something a little different with clean and simple circles. enjoy!

I left love and a bit of critique in your gallery...I love that picture!

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname
In response to Ellz

• Ellz Said:

Love your LO, left you the following comment:

Lovely. I agree, fill up the white space, either by enlarging your photo and circle, maybe her name under the picture within the blue circle, possibly some journaling in the white space. Lots of choices! Can you color your flowers some way? The idea and layout are beautiful. You're headed in the right direction.

Do you want us to critique on your lo in your comments section? It can be done here where the public can't see it. Let us know. Lots of people are looking at your LO's, so they must be good!

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname

I wanted to do something besides mess with my "possible contest entries" so I made a profile picture, don't know if I'll keep it!

Have a good sunday! New profile layout for horse-withnoname!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-24-07 03:18 PM

I liked your idea with the layout, Ellz. I agree with the others to add some journaling to fill up the space under the pictures.

I wasn't around yesterday. My DS and his family were over here. My DDIL wants to make a scrapbook for her father and we worked on it all day long yesterday. After the 2nd layout, she was doing them on her own and all I was doing was offering suggestions and printing pictures. I still got tired though! But it was so nice to see her doing that.

My DD was a little jealous I think because later, after they left, she asked me if I wished my DDIL was my daughter instead. I felt so bad for my DD. I told her there was no way I'd want anyone BUT her as my daughter. No way. So I've decided to do a small mother/daughter book for her to share my feelings and stuff about her since the day she was born. Any suggestions? I almost lost this child 5 years ago, so I don't want her to think that just because she has a BI that I'd want some other woman as my daughter.

Ellz
Ellz 
Resident
Ellz
  • Ellz on 06-24-07 04:25 PM

I agree with you all, so I added some journalling in another circle. I liked the ideas of the big title too but i don't play for that sort of stuff (like "inspire", "treasure", "cherish" and other junk like that) It doesn't mean anything and it's so mainstream, I don't have any chipboard or flowers either. Hope u like it anyhoo!
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Ellz
Ellz 
Resident
Ellz
  • Ellz on 06-24-07 04:34 PM
In response to Ellz

+ sure u can post critique where ever u like, I love 2 kno how to improve, there's no shame in it right?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• horse-withnoname Said:
Just wanted to show you my work space where I do my LO's.. Golly everybody else has a table.

My work station

Its so much fun, theraputic, and ADDICTIVE! I will tell you how I do the LO's sometime!

Sheesh. I can't even get a simple text box to work right for me without much blood, sweat and tears. There's no way I'd have the patience to do digi LOs.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• GrandmaMichelf Said:
So I've decided to do a small mother/daughter book for her to share my feelings and stuff about her since the day she was born. Any suggestions?

Sounds like we might be taking this journey together, as I'm also working on a book for my dd. I don't know about suggestions, but you're welcome to scraplift anything you want from any pages I post.

(I've spent the last two nights cutting out photos into oval shapes to do three pages about her hair.)

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to c-leaper

would you guys mind if we added someone else to our group? she wants to be in one and they are all closed

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • horse-withnoname Said:

My work station

Sheesh. I can't even get a simple text box to work right for me without much blood, sweat and tears. There's no way I'd have the patience to do digi LOs.

Thanks! Its easier than having a (literal) jackhammer trying to naildown an embellishment. If I were to give you a shot with a needle, you'd have at least 10 holes in your arm

Its great hand eye coordination, I get to change things wherever. I do wish I could get digi buttons and ribbons and stuff, I have cut out necklaces and lace, etc. Not worth the trouble, cuz I still have to mess with a box. I do love what I'm doing!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-25-07 04:22 AM

I don't have a problem with someone else being in the group. The more the merrier, I think! Never can have too many friends!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-25-07 04:25 AM
In response to Ellz

• Ellz Said:
I agree with you all, so I added some journalling in another circle. I liked the ideas of the big title too but i don't play for that sort of stuff (like "inspire", "treasure", "cherish" and other junk like that) It doesn't mean anything and it's so mainstream, I don't have any chipboard or flowers either. Hope u like it anyhoo!
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Actually I rarely use those words myself. I go to the Thesaurus and look up a different word that means the same thing. I think I've probably used them once or twice on a layout somewhere in the past. I don't consider them mainstream because lately it seems like people rarely use them in their lives at all. Kinda sad, IMO. But they are overused in scrapbooking so I try to find different words that have the same meaning.

I thought your layout was better with the journaling. I like circles!

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Hey gina I have no problem at all adding someone else to the group gust PM me her info and a link to her gallery and i will get it done it would be fun to have more.
lynn

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

Thanks Lynn....I think Terri will be a great asset to our group...not to mention she will be happy to have a group period! lol!

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

HI everyone.as you see gina found someone to add to our group.her name is terri.I'm sure se will be introducing herself shortly and lets all give her a big welcome.The more The merrier.
WELCOME Terri
lynn

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7

Terri....welcome...when you get here!

Ellz, love your revised layout! I think you did a perfect job balancing the layout with the journaling within the circle! Great Job!

Happy Monday Friends!

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname
In response to Adrienne7

Hi everybody! Just checking in.

Does it take long for them to answer emails. I guess I'll go check in on the Digi contest. There might be a time limit. I don't know why I'm excited to enter a contest. I think it might be the rule you have to use their product if you
enter one! Its just the prizes in the Lucky 7 are MUCH better!

I'll try to do that thing about me in the next couple of days.

Have a good day!

I Terri, what's your My Place Name?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-25-07 09:45 AM

Hey Terri!!! Welcome to our group!

Hey Gina, did you by any chance see the cover of the new People magazine? I think it was People. My DD picked it up and she went right to the pictures of.....Matthew.....thought you might like to know that he was looking mighty fine!! Woowee!

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname

I got tired of waiting for the email to tell me where I belong. The digi says you must buy their digital stuff...It doesn't really matter, its posted and ready to show off. appreciate your comments! T-shirt and photo contest I enterd

The second one I enterd for my son

Digi contest of sb.com t-shirt with my layout on it for my son

Edited by horse-withnoname on 06-25-07 10:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MaeMae
MaeMae 
Idol
MaeMae

Hi all...hope everyone had a great weekend. I have lots of catching up to do! But I wanted to share my news with you. See my blog for details!

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to MaeMae

• MaeMae Said:
Hi all...hope everyone had a great weekend. I have lots of catching up to do! But I wanted to share my news with you. See my blog for details!

very cool news Take care of youself

Mom2AnnieLiam
Queen
Mom2AnnieLiam

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for making me feel so welcome! I'm the newbie Terri. I have 2 kids, Annie 8 1/2 and Liam 3. My dh is Dave and we'll be married 10 years this August. I've been a member on scrapbook.com for about 2 years, but have actually only really started uploading stuff within the last couple of months. (I end up spending so much time looking at other people's work, that I don't have time to do my own pages!)

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and looking and all your great stuff!

RockstarJen
Mayor
RockstarJen
In response to Mom2AnnieLiam

HiTerri!!!

Ok galleries checked! Blogs read!! I think I am got up!!!LOL!!! Now it's time for me to scrap!

RockstarJen
Mayor
RockstarJen
In response to RockstarJen

Ok I can't spell either caught!!!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• GrandmaMichelf Said:

Hey Gina, did you by any chance see the cover of the new People magazine? I think it was People. My DD picked it up and she went right to the pictures of.....Matthew.....thought you might like to know that he was looking mighty fine!! Woowee!

Well actually no I have not seen it but many many people have told me about it...I don't get mail and that magazine is not here so I am out of luck! But I am sure he looks fine as wine....he is such a hottie!~

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

Maria! Congrats!

Terri, there you are! nice to see ya here! My wedding anniversary # 22 is August too! the 3rd

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

• Terri Tomalty Said:
Hi Gina,

#22...my gosh...I can't believe we'll be reaching 10! (On the 9th of August)!

Thanks again for helping guide me to this group! I'm already addicted!

HI terri glad to see you found us

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Hi everyone I'm popping in this morning to say hi and complain I have to go to work thismorning and it stinks.I dont feel good I've had this cold for days and i am miserable.I left work sunday early because i am sick and i had yesterday off so i slept and rested all day but now i still fell like ********.but i feel bad about not going in for another day.I know the Question is DO I WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THIS WINE?
thanks for listening
lynn

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-26-07 04:26 AM

Hey, I went through that last week and my question to you is this: If you don't feel well still, how much work will you really be able to do? The problem for me is that I'd rather make sure I felt better (even though I sometimes feel guilty if I'm out for more than a day) and didn't make others sick. My boss had strep throat last week and she didn't stay home, but finally went home for half a day each day. That's her choice but in the process she infected the rest of us. That's where the problem is.

If you still don't feel good, your body is telling you that it needs more rest. I'm all for staying home!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-26-07 04:31 AM

Yo, Gina, here ya go! Supposedly there are 129 photos of your man!

Matthew rocks!

Mom2AnnieLiam
Queen
Mom2AnnieLiam

Hi Everyone,

It's a beautiful sunny, Tuesday morning here and it's officially my first day with both kids off from school We will be spending it going to the park and then, most likely, going to the pool in the afternoon.(Not my most favorite place!) That is,of course, in between me breaking up the fights. (They're 3 and 8.5 and can get on each other's nerves!)

Hope you get through the day Lynn, it's awful to feel sick in the first place, but then to have to go into work on top of that....not fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

• GrandmaMichelf Said:
Hey, I went through that last week and my question to you is this: If you don't feel well still, how much work will you really be able to do? The problem for me is that I'd rather make sure I felt better (even though I sometimes feel guilty if I'm out for more than a day) and didn't make others sick. My boss had strep throat last week and she didn't stay home, but finally went home for half a day each day. That's her choice but in the process she infected the rest of us. That's where the problem is.

If you still don't feel good, your body is telling you that it needs more rest. I'm all for staying home!

what I wouldnt give for my bosses to have this attitude. i work at a great place and they treat the employees unbelievably well but for somereason dont deal well with people being sick.on sunday i had to deal with them begging me to stay for my whole shift untill I finely said no and went home after 4 hrs

Edited by scraphappen on 06-26-07 04:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MaeMae
MaeMae 
Idol
MaeMae

Lynn - hope you are feeling better soon

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to MaeMae

• MaeMae Said:
Lynn - hope you are feeling better soon

Thanks Believe it or not I am feeling a bit better.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

I Have to go soon But I have to ask

ANY ONE UP FOR A CHALLENGE??????

I was thinking of a no stress challenge in honer of ellz and glenda who have limited supplies.

rules
Anyhing is game EXCEPT you must create it yourself
no pre made or store bought stuff at all.With the exception of PP.I'm sure most of us already have a generous supply of that.Anyone who has checked out my gallery knows i have a few pieces.You can also use things found around the house ,Just no store bought or premade Embelishments.
No timeframe will be set for this challenge just create when you are inspired to and share your work and ideas
HAPPY SCRAPPING

Edited by scraphappen on 06-26-07 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-26-07 08:21 AM
In response to Adrienne7

Oh, that sounds like a great challenge! I'll have to see what I can make!

Do plain chipboard shapes count as premade? Well, duh, I guess they are premade however I'll have to decorate them. Just wondering.

MaeMae
MaeMae 
Idol
MaeMae
In response to MaggieMom

• MaggieMom Said:

Connie - here is my suggestion, although I think it would require you to completely re-do the layout. I think the orange cardstock background takes away from the photo of the dog. Perhaps a white cardstock background with the orange as an accent color would make it "pop" more?

RockstarJen
Mayor
RockstarJen
In response to MaeMae

Lynn girl I feel your pain!! The cold hit me yesterday! It feels like a mac truck hit me. I'm sitting at my desk just staring at my computer. Like duhhhhh! what should I do next. LOL!

I am up for the challenge!

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname

• scraphappen Said:

I was thinking of a no stress challenge in honer of ellz and glenda who have limited supplies.

rules
no pre made or store bought stuff at all.With the exception of PP.I'm sure most of us already have a generous supply of that.Anyone who has checked out my gallery knows i have a few pieces.You can also use things found around the house ,Just no store bought or premade Embelishments.
No timeframe will be set for this challenge just create when you are inspired to and share your work and ideas
HAPPY SCRAPPING

I'm game! What's PP? Giggle! I don't know most of the abbreviations!

RockstarJen
Mayor
RockstarJen

You can add Nov 17th as my bday to the list!

MaeMae
MaeMae 
Idol
MaeMae

patterned paper

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to MaeMae

• MaeMae Said:

Woo-Whee!!! Congratulations, Maria!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Hi Terri! Glad to have you here. Maybe you'll listen to us talk about our layout work so much you'll get more inspired to do your own and upload it.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scraphappen Said:
Hi everyone I'm popping in this morning to say hi and complain I have to go to work thismorning and it stinks.I dont feel good I've had this cold for days and i am miserable.I left work sunday early because i am sick and i had yesterday off so i slept and rested all day but now i still fell like ********.but i feel bad about not going in for another day.I know the Question is DO I WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THIS WINE?
thanks for listening
lynn

If you have sick days, USE THEM! (Okay, so it's really late in the day and by now you've already made your decision, I'm sure.) If it's one of those jobs that's no work-no pay, then go if you can stand it. But if you get paid sick days off, please use them, take care of yourself, get rest. You'll get better faster.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Finally got the three-pager about dd's "Hair" done last night. Except...now I'm debating whether to leave it as-is or whether to try to label the photos a bit with dates/ages so you can keep a frame of reference for time.

And to make matters worse, I'm cameraless at the moment so I can't just snap a quick pic, upload it, and get everyone's opinions. :-(

Maybe when hubby gets home tonight he can snap some for me. HIS camera is working. (Mine is sitting at a friend's house in Ohio. DD's had to be sent to the shop for repairs.)

Off to do a bit of housecleaning while Little Man is down for a nap. Hubby leaves tomorrow morning and will be gone until Saturday with a couple of his aunts. That means no meal planning, very little worrying about the house...okay, a little more work with the baby, but that's do-able. I might actually get some scrapping done. :-D

MaeMae
MaeMae 
Idol
MaeMae
In response to c-leaper

Hi Jenni - good to hear from you!

So I had a duh moment. I went to update my signature today, and then realized that I wasn't seeing it or anyone else's and that it had been a long time since I had. So I posted a question on the General SB'ing section asking what happened to signatures and here there was a little box checked in my display settings that said "hide signatures." So not only was my signature not visible to me...I didn't see anyone else's either. *sigh* Who knew! So sorry for asking questions like your names, etc. that are in your signature.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

• GrandmaMichelf Said:
Oh, that sounds like a great challenge! I'll have to see what I can make!

Do plain chipboard shapes count as premade? Well, duh, I guess they are premade however I'll have to decorate them. Just wondering.

If you cut yourown out of cardboard around the house or i get my chipboard from the cover of old three ring binders.it would be created by you.

Edited by scraphappen on 06-26-07 12:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

• horse-withnoname Said:
  • scraphappen Said:

rules
HAPPY SCRAPPING

I'm game! What's PP? Giggle! I don't know most of the abbreviations!

I'm sorry I'm still learning all the abriviations also PP=Pattern paper

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

thanks for all the kind thoughts you guys are so cool .I'm feeling a lot better now.yesterday i was real miserablebut today I'm on the mend and saying what have i created with this challenge.
I have been throwing around ideas for this LO I have been working on for weeks.I had my paper picked out and all kind of embelishments piled around for me to use.i decided this could be the LO for the challenge and now am left with nothing.
back to the drawing board.
this challenge may be a little harder than i had expected.I am so addicted to my Stuff. LOL

Mom2AnnieLiam
Queen
Mom2AnnieLiam

Hi Jenni, thanks for the welcome! I'm working on a layout now, but as is my habit, it usually takes days to finish as I can never make up my mind. Oh yeah...and I'm out of adhesive, so that might be a problem.

Congrats Maria! I've been seeing so many babies lately, been tempted, but my 2 kids are probably all I could handle!

Gonna also try working on the challenge tonight, I have lots of paper, so hopefully I can get it done!

Good to see your feeling better Lynn!!

Terri

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• GrandmaMichelf Said:
Yo, Gina, here ya go! Supposedly there are 129 photos of your man!

Matthew rocks!

OH MICHELE!!! THANK YOU!!! I DROOLED 129 TIMES

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

Omgosh! we lost power yesterday at around 7pm due to a storm and we just got it back today at around 8pm...............talk about a loooooooooong HOT night and day!!!!! no fans and no a/c....ugh!

I need to get caught up on this thread and I did read the part about a challenge, but I need to bow out of this one....I am trying to get done with my entries for the Lucky 7 so those are my priorities at the moment....have 11 days to deadline

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Hair - Page 1

Okay, gang - I need feedback. Your opinions, please: Do I add dates/events to the individual photos, or leave this as it is?

The pages are already really full. (You can get to pages 2 & 3 once you've gotten to Page 1 - I think they'll all show up at the same time in the strip across the top.) But at the same time, I don't want to lose the context of dates/ages for the pictures.

Thoughts?

And I'll bow out of the "paper only" challenge unless I just happen to come up with one that fits. I've waited so long to do my girly, frilly, blingy book that I don't want to do anything else right now.

Mom2AnnieLiam
Queen
Mom2AnnieLiam
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Hair - Page 1

Okay, gang - I need feedback. Your opinions, please: Do I add dates/events to the individual photos, or leave this as it is?

The pages are already really full. (You can get to pages 2 & 3 once you've gotten to Page 1 - I think they'll all show up at the same time in the strip across the top.) But at the same time, I don't want to lose the context of dates/ages for the pictures.

Thoughts?

And I'll bow out of the "paper only" challenge unless I just happen to come up with one that fits. I've waited so long to do my girly, frilly, blingy book that I don't want to do anything else right now.

I think the pages are beautiful as is, but adding the dates might be helpful years down the road when memories get a little fuzzy

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Terri Tomalty Said:

I think the pages are beautiful as is, but adding the dates might be helpful years down the road when memories get a little fuzzy

Since that's pretty much a 50/50 answer, let me ask it this way: Which would you do?

Mom2AnnieLiam
Queen
Mom2AnnieLiam
In response to c-leaper

I'd add the dates! Even now I look at old pics of myself and have trouble pinpointing exactly how old I was. If it were my children looking at those same old pics, they would have no clue!

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Hair - Page 1

Thoughts?

I would add the dates but if you feel like the pages are too busy you could just right them all down on the back side.

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7
In response to Adrienne7

Oh...I also added some suggestions in your gallery....

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Adrienne7

• Adrienne7 Said:

Per the suggestions you left....

I was already thinking that if I do the dates at all, they'll probably be in very small printing around the frames of the pictures themselves. (Although I do like the idea of putting them on the back, too.) Hmmm....decisions, decisions...

MaeMae
MaeMae 
Idol
MaeMae
In response to c-leaper

Jenni - I don't think you have to add the dates. I think the journaling is enough to capture the story.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • Adrienne7 Said:

Per the suggestions you left....

I was already thinking that if I do the dates at all, they'll probably be in very small printing around the frames of the pictures themselves. (Although I do like the idea of putting them on the back, too.) Hmmm....decisions, decisions...

I love the idea of adding the dates in small around the pic.maby if you felt it was to much you could do it only on the first and last pic on each LO

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Finally got the three-pager about dd's "Hair" done last night. Except...now I'm debating whether to leave it as-is or whether to try to label the photos a bit with dates/ages so you can keep a frame of reference for time.

And to make matters worse, I'm cameraless at the moment so I can't just snap a quick pic, upload it, and get everyone's opinions. :-(

Maybe when hubby gets home tonight he can snap some for me. HIS camera is working. (Mine is sitting at a friend's house in Ohio. DD's had to be sent to the shop for repairs.)

Off to do a bit of housecleaning while Little Man is down for a nap. Hubby leaves tomorrow morning and will be gone until Saturday with a couple of his aunts. That means no meal planning, very little worrying about the house...okay, a little more work with the baby, but that's do-able. I might actually get some scrapping done. :-D

Hi, Jenni
I have read the others comments about whether to date or not to date. They do need to be dated., but they do not need to be on that LO. If there is anyway you can copy it and place the copys inside that ARE dated might work. You may not want to mess with that beautiful LO, right now. When I was making plain albums when my kids were young, I didn't date them. When I left my ex, I left EVERYTHING. My son has them and has let me see some, I don't remember taking the pictures, let alone the dates or ages. Like my fish picture of my daughter who had to clean her own fish, I vagely remember seeing it. That's my opinion anyway. I saw emails come in you did some LO's, I'll go in a little bit and drool over them, I peeked at the hair problem one, its really great! I had a blue screen last nite and I've been trouble shooting all morning for the cause. Really, everytime I get an email from my husb kids, something happens, so I'm on my 3rd scan to see if I can find something!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Decision made: I dated about 2/3 of them, just enough to give context to the others (since they're pretty much in order).

I can't re-photograph and re-post them until this weekend when dh gets home with his camera. So I guess I'll go start the next one.

Thanks for the input, ladies!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to c-leaper

Hey everybody! I just finished 6 of my Lucky 7 layouts....Please have a look ....I do not mind constructive critisism, BUT PLEASE LEAVE IT HERE AND NOT ON MY ENTRIES...THANKS! Thanks for looking!

Finally Met Matthew
Finally Met Matthew (Inside mini book)

My Heart Melts

Give the girl Tequila...and she gets silly

Outside Lookin In

Snorkel Cancun

Beautiful All the way Around

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7

Gina...my favorites are my heart melts and beautiful all the way around! Good Luck in the contest!

Ellz
Ellz 
Resident
Ellz
  • Ellz on 06-28-07 01:11 AM
In response to Adrienne7

hey guys, sorry i haven't posted in a while, I have been online i just never have anything to say lol. A have a slight dillema, I have a page that desparatley needs a chipboard title but i don't own any chipboard, i do have craft foam though, any ideas?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-28-07 04:22 AM
In response to Ellz

Gina, shame on you! Shame, shame, shame!

Page 1 of 56 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics