Page 1 of 35 
Username Post: Full and Active - Kids At Heart ATC Swap        (Topic#1431811)
MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-15-07 04:45 PM

Welcome to the kids at heart ATC Swap! We are currently full via PM and expect to start trading soon.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to MrsVo

Am I the first to Post after you Amber? Wow!

Hi Amber!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to cruiselover

I am the second post!! Yahoo.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to ScrapperV

Hooray! This is going to be so fun.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to reyasunshine

Have a great day girlies! I'm off to work soon!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

You too, Louisa! Like your new avatar... it looks like his face tastes really good!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

I agree Louisa, your nephew is a cutie!!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

Hi everybody! I just sent Kristin a pm, and now I'm off to vote on that scraptathlon thing! And then I have to take a look at Amber's challenge! Woohoo, it's almost Friday!

By the way, Angela, Vista really works almost exactly like XP - it just "looks" different. (There's still a start button in the lower left-hand corner, but it doesn't "say" start - Microsoft is just trying to confuse us.) But I know what it's like to help a parent with a PC on the phone. I've pulled my hair out many times trying to figure out what my mom was describing. She lives in Colorado, so I don't get to visit nearly as often as she has computer crisis'.

And I think tabbed browsing just might be one of Microsoft's greatest inventions!

And Louisa, love the sweet new avatar - even better than a fruity drink!

Edited by bashfulscrapper on 08-16-07 02:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

• reyasunshine Said:
You too, Louisa! Like your new avatar... it looks like his face tastes really good!

he is yummy! I adore him! Thanks for the compliment girls!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-16-07 03:28 PM

Awwww Louisa he is adorable!!!

Glad everybody found their way over here. I'm going to PM Shrimp now!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to MrsVo

What's everyone doing this weekend? I still need to PM Kristen. OK- I will do it right now.

Kitty, if it doesn't say Start, what does it say? And why would MS change it?

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to ScrapperV

OK now I PM'd Kristen. I hope she can join us! Maybe if we bombard her with PM's she will feel pressured

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to ScrapperV

Actually, Kitty, Firefox started the whole "tabbed browsing" thing so I've been using it for years! I LOVE it!

But I LOVE the new Microsoft Word with the tabs across the top. Took me a while to get used to that... "huh? where's 'file'? how do I save and print?!?!" LOL!

Vikki, I don't think the bottom left-hand corner *says* anything... I think it's just the Microsoft icon. Is that right, Kitty?!

This is great! Kristin is going to get TONS of PMs and feel very loved.

Yes, I do have plans for the weekend! One of my best friends (Melissa) is coming to visit from California. We met on the first day of 7th grade and were best friends from that day on. She'll be here Fri/Sat/Sun. I'm working half-day tomorrow, and we'll just hang out. We're planning to visit my sister and nieces Saturday and perhaps Boston on Sunday. We'll see!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

What Tabs in MS word? What is up with that? Don't tell me that! I am going to be confused. But that's OK, I am kinda computer saavy so I'll be OK!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to ScrapperV

Louisa, I love the avatar!

Reyanna, they don't give y'all paid vacation time? How cruel!

Vikki, I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Reyanna/Kitty, I use Firefox also.

Amber, thanks for the thread.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to Moonflower

You gals are talking too Technical for me! We have Mozilla Firefox but I didn't like it as much. I tried it for a while and now I can't remember what I did not like. But I still use Internet Explorer and hubby uses the firefox! How was that? Am I talking about the same thing is you girlies???? Or am I talking about something different???

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-17-07 05:14 AM

Morning all!!

I don't have a clue what you all are talking about with all this tabbed this and firefox that. I'm just going to smile and nod.

I PMed Kristen last night too so hopefully she will feel the love!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to MrsVo

Oh, Amber, you make me laugh. I love laughing at work. Fantastic.

I made a card for the pregnant manager today. It's her last day. I brought some BG Blush paper, fiber, stickers and a piece of cardstock and just whipped one up at my desk! LOL. I heart scrapping.

Yes, Louisa! That's what we're talking about. I love Firefox because it has the tabs at the top (Ctl T gets you a new one), and that way you can have like 20 pages up at once, but it doesn't take up space on the bottom of the screen. You can have four windows (at the bottom) with five tabs each (at the top). Oh, I just love it! (Not that I ever *have* 20 up at once, but still!) I usually need like seven for work... so I NEED tabs!

Angela: I'm sure they give us paid vacation! However... I'm not full time. I'm part time most of the year and full time in the summer so... I don't qualify. But I get paid vacations! Doesn't matter... I'm leaving my job. I'm starting my own scrapbooking business at home.

Hope everyone is having a good morning! I can't wait to leave work! Hooray for leaving early!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

So Interent Explorer and Firefox are the same thing? But Firefox you can have tabs and have 20 windows open? I think I will stick to what I have!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to ScrapperV

Vikki they are both internet browsers. The new IE (what version is it y'all? 7?) has tabbed browsing, but Firefox had it first. So it was esp. helpful when on dial up to start a bunch of pages loading without taking up the extra memory to run separate browser windows. Then I could walk away and come back and have a bunch of pages to look at.

LOL Louisa, you got it!

Happy Friday!! Louisa is today your Friday?

I think I shall try to scrap some tonight. Anyone else?

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Thanks, Angela! Gosh, I think I need to be more clear when typing. I always make people confused.

I'm jealous you get to scrap (not that I won't have a great weekend otherwise...)! I scrapped last night. I altered a journal for my friend who flew in last night from California. So I'll be visiting with her all weekend... so probably no scrapping. But! I'll be back to scrapping on Monday... hopefully.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

LOL, you jealous, Reyanna? I haven't scrapped at all since maybe February and that was for a CJ. I'm long overdue.

Reyanna, tabbed browsing is just confusing if you haven't seen it in action I think. Vikki, you would LOVE it! Well, I do anyway.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Reyanna, yay for working for yourself. Hope you aren't too tough of a boss. and I *suppose* you could give yourself paid vacation, sort of, well maybe not so much. LOL

I PM'd Kristin last night too.

Edited by Moonflower on 08-17-07 08:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Hey Happy Friday to all of you!

Angela, I'm on my weekend! I go back to work tomorrow. Yesterday I was working OT.
___ I hope you get some scrapping done! I miss seeing your pages!

Reyanna, have a great time with your CA girlfriend! She will be happy to get a homemade gift from you! I have certain friends that get so excited and happy when I give her a homemade card! It makes me happy! Did you snap a picture of your card and journal to post here?

Hi Amber! I still need to check your hip hop challenge out.

Hi Vikki! Just a few more working days left for you!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Well, happy weekend, Louisa!

I gotta get off my hiney and get some work done so I can play.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Yes, play! I want to see an Angela layout!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Can you believe it- I have 8 days of work left! Weird.

So anyway- here's a good story, I was drinking a soda today- anyone like Diet Coke with Lime? You cannot taste the lime very well, but it's refreshing. Anyway I spilled some down my white shirt- it's so nice to have a Target nearby for me to buy another one. I am in a green shirt now for a whopping $8.

Angela, thanks for clearing up the Firefox and tab thing. I get it now and it does sound pretty cool. Maybe the Vista will come with it since I am sure it comes with the new version of IE- since you said IE 7.0 has it. Now I get it. Have fun scrapping tonight- maybe I can too. Although I cannot scrap after I have a glass of wine which I will with dinner tonight.

Louisa, Happy Friday and happy first week of the day shift over!! Do you still enjoy it? Oh Louisa, do you remember when I PM'd you about those stamps you used on your "Hi" card? Well they are Heidi Swapp stamps- the ghost ones. They have them at sb.com , I just cannot decide which ones to get.

Hi Amber, how are you?
Hi Kitty, what's going on with you? Do you have to work this weekend?

Hi Reyanna, have fun this weekend with your friend.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

Hey Vikki! Yes, i do enjoy it my new shift! I feel so much better! Even though the first few days I couldn't sleep at night, i was still happy to be at work and functional during the day! I don't feel like a zombie anymore!

DH will be home tonight. Maybe I will have a glass of wine too! I totally agree, I can't scrap after a drink. I'm a light weight to began with. Once I scrapped after a margarita, nope, I was making so many mistakes and giggling. It was not good!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Tell me about it Louisa!! I glad your DH will be home tonight- it's tough living without someone!! You'll sleep better tonight too I bet!!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

Heheheheh.....I love sleeping! I can't wait!

Vikki, you are almost off of work! Happy weekend, officially!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

• reyasunshine Said:
Actually, Kitty, Firefox started the whole "tabbed browsing" thing so I've been using it for years! I LOVE it!

You know, as soon as I wrote that, I thought to myself "I'll bet the tabbed browsing was somebody else's idea and Microsoft stole it." Thanks for setting me straight, Reyanna!

I probably ought to switch browsers, but I'm just so used to Explorer. Is that a sign I'm getting old? Wait, don't answer that.

And Vikki, Reyanna's right - the start button doesn't say anything now - just a circle with that swishy window MS logo thing in it. You know, sometimes I wonder if the whole GUI thing, with icons instead of words, is a way for computers to prepare for the day when no one knows how to read anymore. I mean, with spell-check and "you talk, it types" software, we almost don't have to be able to write anymore. Net users already have tons of abbreviations, LOL, and text messagers are even worse - C U L8R,
etc. (Gosh, is that really cynical? I LOVE to read! And write!)

Sorry, Amber - I'll stop with all the "technical jargon", LOL. It's really not at all complicated, once you're working with it.

Reyanna, have fun with your Cali friend! And I'm not confused by you. But that might not be saying much, because I think I confuse people, too!

Angela, I hope you get to scrap tonight! (And I have to confess... tabbed browsing is how I manage to "catch up" on big threads - the reply box is on one tab, and the whole thread is on another tab.)

Louisa, I hope you're enjoying your weekend! Hurray for DH coming home! Glad you're not a zombie anymore. Can we see the margarita-influenced layout?

Vikki, only eight days! Cool!

Woohoo, I'm taking the weekend off! I'm trying really hard not to work Saturdays. At some point, I think it ends up costing me time, because I get so tired and grumpy that I just mess up more & end up wasting time fixing mistakes. Instead, I'm just really trying to work "smarter", and find better ways to get the work done.

Okay, I can't stay on here too late tonight - going to Wally World tomorrow morning, and my crowd-phobic hubby insists on leaving the house by 7am. (I really don't mind - it's nice to get our errands out of the way early.) Happy Friday!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to bashfulscrapper

I've been awake since 5 am. On a Saturday. Yuck. Anyway thought I'd check on the hurricane and then come and say hello to you gals. Still no LO yet. I just find it too difficult to sit down and scrap in a messy house. David has got to build some shelves for me soon!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Angela, hope you get those shelves soon! Can you just push everything off to another room, and pretend the rest of the house is clean, so you can scrap?

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Ya know Kitty, you definitely have a point with the future of having just images in this world. Like you, I like to read and write- more reading that anything else. I do have to agree with you though- I wonder what this world would be like in 10 years? Time will tell!
I hope you had a good time at Wally World.

Angela, no scrapping huh? That's too bad- I am sure DH will build some shelves sooner or later!

Louisa, did you have your glass of wine last night or maybe a margarita? I had my one glass of wine and I was really asleep at 9:30PM. It was great!

Hi Amber, are you scrapping today? That scrapthalon challenge was pretty good. I had a hard time choosing. Do you know who won? Is this a weekly challenge?

I know Reyanna, is busy with her friend this weekend. Hi Reyanna!!

Has anyone received any responses from Kristen yet?

It's rainy and gloomy outside. I am off to scrap now!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

No response from Kristin yet!

Poor Angela! Don't you hate waking up early on your weekend when you just want to sleep? I hate those days! Anyways, I hope dh builds your shelves soon and you get to scrap your heart out!
I was curious about the hurricane too. I am going to check on it again right now!

Vikki, I actually had a margarita, it was small! We went to this Southwestern Restaurant, Z'tegas. It was yummy! I only wish I was sleeping at 9:30pm! I'm so jealous!
Sorry about your gloomy weather. I will send Sunshine your way!

Kitty, are you enjoying your weekend? you deserve it! Maybe you will have a chance to scrap too?

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Send some sunshine my way please!! It's still gloomy and rainy out. It's no fun. I did manage to finish three LOs today- nothing like Reyanna's 10 hour marathon, but I scrapped for nearly 4 hours. I shall post the new pages soon!
Yeah margaritas!! Have you ever tried a beergarita? OK- so it's 1 bottle of beer, a frozen can of limeade- put it in a pitcher of ice, fill the can with water and pour that in too. You cannot taste the beer and it tastes real good on a sunny day! We had it last week at our BBQ.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

Vikki, I agree that it will be interesting to see what life is like 10 years from now. It has changed so much in the *last* 10 years that who knows what we'll see!

And Vikki, I love your new avatar! It looks so "summery". Did you change it to combat your current rainy, gloomy weather? We've been a bit grey here today, too. But it just means it's good weather for scrapbooking. Can't wait to see your new layouts!

Thanks for thinking of me, Louisa! Yes, I'm actually having a very nice weekend. Mostly errands and chores this morning, but I had some time to play this afternoon. I mostly just worked on my genealogy stuff today, but I'm hoping to do some scrapping tomorrow. Tonight, I think hubby and I are going to watch a movie. He's got something called Inside Man, with Jodie Foster, on Tivo - looks like it might be good.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Quiet around here today. Hope that means everyone is busy having fun! It has been really rainy and gloomy here today, but I don't care - I SCRAPPED! I had so much fun!

Louisa, your challenge totally inspired me. I decided to have some fun with circles! It's not quite done yet, and I want to wait for my PSE software to get here before I post anything, but I should have it up by next weekend.

Amber, I don't know if I can manage two challenges in two weeks (I only average one layout every 2-3 weeks - I'm really slow), but yours sounds like fun. I'm eager to see what everyone else does with it!

Have a great evening everyone!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Hi there- all!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It was rainy and gloomy for me, but I did manage to scrap and finish 4 LOs. They are now posted! Check them out. The Dancing Queens and One Family are my favorite right now. :smile :

Kitty, I am so glad you were able to scrap and relax. It sounds like my kind of weekend!! How is the geneology coming along? How was the movie?

Angela, I hope you were able to sleep last night! How was your weekend?

Reyanna, how was your friend? I hope you guys had a really good time.

Amber, how are you? How was your weekend?

Louisa, I hope you had a good weekend too!!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

Vikki, thanks! My weekend was good! I am off to check out your layouts, especially the Dancing Queens! I have a feeling you are in it! Maybe even the STAR?

Kitty, glad you got to work on some pages! I'm looking forward to your circle page, so happy that I inspired you! That is my next stop after here, then I'm heading to bed! I'm pooped!

Hello Amber and Reyanna! And a special HELLO to Kristin, wherever she is!!!! Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!!!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

I haven't heard from Kristin either!! Man, she must be REALLY busy! I'll have to call her after work today.

And I did have a great time with my friend... exhausting, but fun. I have a lot to catch up on!

Vikki: Glad you were able to get a new shirt! Fantastic when the perks come in handy. Speaking of which... when we went to the mansion tour yesterday, I forgot my comp tickets (since I work at the Chanler). So I just told the lady who I was, and she let me in free. Awww... the perks!

Four hours of scrapping! YEAH!!! Can't wait to see your stuff. That's fabulous! I'll definitely do some scrapping this week. I haven't scrapped in four days!

Louisa: She LOVED my journal! She couldn't stop talking about it all weekend. I was glad too because she got me a charm bracelet from Tiffany & Co!!! There's no way I could afford that so I'm glad she appreciated my gift. She said she couldn't wait to show her mom. Now, I'll probably make her mom one too. I'll probably sell those on my website when I get it done. Altered journals are so fun and take no time at all!

And no, I forgot to take pictures! I remembered as she was leaving so I asked her to take a pic and send it to me. LOL.

I'm glad hubby is home! I feel like I haven't seen Jeremy in two weeks because I've been so busy! I can't wait to hang out with him after work!

Kitty: I'm glad you took the weekend off! Glad you had a great time scrapping! YEAH!

I don't really like crowds in stores either so I know how your hubby feels. And you are SO right! Getting errands done first thing is great!

And another tab to reply while you read the thread in another tab?!?! Holy Cow! I'm queen of tabs, and I've never done that! GAH!!! Well, now I will. Thanks, Lovely!

Oh, Angela! I know the feeling! I can't scrap in a messy house either! My scrap room has to be spotless before I start a new project! I always tell myself that I good reward after cleaning the house is scrapping! It's a real motivator.

Hope you get your shelves soon! I LOVE new shelves.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Hi Amber! Hi Kristin!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Yeah where is that Kristen??

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

Hi Vikki! I'm going to check out your gallery as soon as I finish posting this. Yes, it was a wonderfully relaxing weekend - and much needed. The genealogy is going okay, I guess. I'm a bit stuck with the one line I really want to follow, but there are always some more distant cousins to be found, to keep me busy. It's a hobby that requires a LOT of patience, but somehow I don't seem to mind. I enjoy the process.

The movie "Inside Man" was okay. I mean, it was well-acted and all - it was just a little bit difficult to tell what the point of the movie was. I think it might have been that life isn't usually "black & white" - there's a lot of grey. It's all about a bank robbery, with hostages - but at times it's difficult to tell who the good guys & bad guys are.

Louisa, I hope you got some sleep!

Reyanna, glad you had fun with your friend! Glad I could help with the "tabbed" thread thing. It's so way easier to keep up with a busy thread that way.

Hi Angela & Amber! Hope Kristin finds her way here soon.

Well, my PSE disk arrived today, so I'm off to play with my photos! Have a great evening everyone!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Happy Monday evening girls! I'm watching the news and they just announced they upgraded the hurricane to a catogory 5! Those poor people! Flights were cancelled and tourists are stuck there. It's heading for Cancun. I have never been there.

Reyanna, sounds like your friend loves your journal. Doesn't it just make you so happy when someone loves something you made for them? It makes me happy. And she is sweet to give you a bracelet! I don't own any blue boxed items! Pretty!
Hope you get to give your hunny and big hug and spend time with him!

Kitty, sorry your movie wasn't worth watching. I hate that! I don't watch much movies! I can't sit still!
Have fun with your new toy and photos!

I better go. Happy night everyone!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Kitty: I love genealogy too! My mom said she really wants me to trace my dad's family. I had TONS of info on my mom's maternal side so I did that first. I was able to trace back 12 generations with some info my grandmother had, books and ancestry.com. I had so much fun with that! Well, I'll have more time on my hands as of late so I'd love to get back into it. I'll come to you with questions! Hope you had fun with your photos! I LOVE Photoshop.

Louisa: Oh, how horrible! I hate hearing about terrible storms like that. Makes me feel so sad. We live in a potential hurricane site since we're beach front, but we haven't had one since we've lived here... thank God.

And I know... the little blue box. Every girl wants to see that. She could have just given me an empty box (if she only knew...), and I would have been happy! LOL. That little leather pouch is just SO cute that comes in the box. I'll probably put the box in my scrap room since it matches. LOL. I want it out so I can look at it!

And I did get to spend time with Jeremy last night! We got so many phone calls last night until 10:30 so we were up late. We just sat and talked and hung out and stuff. It was awesome! We finally went to sleep at 11:30. Time well-spent. (Though he didn't appreciate my family's late-night phone calls!)

Hope everyone is well! I took the day off so I'm enjoying the peace.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Hi all,
No Kristen yet?? Reyanna, have you called her? Maybe you could since you have the day off!! HA!!

Blue boxes with jewelry inside is great!! I have some Tiffany earrings on today that my friend bought me- big silver balls. I think I wear them 90% of the time.

Hi Louisa, I hope you still like the day shift. Are you adjusting well? How does your hubby like it?

Oh I wanted to ask this- for those of you who workout- whether at a gym or at home- how often do you work out? I usually work out 4-5 times a week. Any thoughts? I think I will go run tonight at the gym.

Hi Kitty, that stinks about your movie- I heard about that one. How was your PSE? Did you get to play around with it a little bit last night?

Hi Amber- hope you are doing well!!
Hi Angela!!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to ScrapperV

Working out. *sigh* I used to work out 4-5 times a week too. I walk every day. Running is too hard on my body. I ride my bike a few days a week too, in addition to the walking. And I stretch every day. I miss gymnastics though.

Speaking of which... I got an email today from my former boss (gymnastics). She wants me back 6 hours per week coaching two of the teams. I'm very tempted since I'm leaving the Chanler. I'll get my free membership to the YMCA again, and I could sure use that! And it won't take too much time away from my "home business." LOL. Wow... so many decisions as an adult. Can't I just be 15 again?!

Oooh, Tiffany earrings, Vikki! Nice! I love my bracelet. Perhaps Jeremy will keep Tiffany's in mind... our 5th wedding anniversary is four months away. (I'm dreaming!)

Hope everyone had a great day!

p.s. I'll call Kristin now.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

Louisa, the movie wasn't awful, it just wasn't all that great. I've been trying to convince hubby for quite some time now that HBO does NOT get any decent movies, and it would cost us a lot less to cancel it and set up Netflix instead. We tried it once a while back, but both got a bit frustrated, since hubby is the picky movie-chooser, and I'm the computer guru. I spent a LOT of time going "how about this one? no? okay, how about this one? no? okay, how about this one?" Pretty soon, though, I think hubby's going to realize that even if I just pick the Netflix movies myself, we'd still see a whole lot more decent movies for less money. (Their cheapest deal - like $5.00 a month, I think - would be plenty for us.)

Reyanna, or anybody, feel free to ask away on the genealogy thing. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I love to talk about it anyway.

I've never received a little blue box, either! How special! But I think your journal is still the better gift - anything hand-made with love is the best kind of gift.

Vikki, I *plan* to work out 7 days a week, but it usually ends up being 5 or 6. I figure if I plan on every day, then it's not so awful when something comes up and I just can't manage it one day. And I'm a totally "at home" exerciser. I'm way too bashful to join a gym, and with time being so limited, I just know I'd come up with too many excuses not to go. Though I might get a better work-out, if I was willing to consider it.

And I did get to play with PSE just a bit last night. Hopefully I'll have more time to really do something with it this weekend.

Hi Amber, Angela, and Kristin (wherever you are!).

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Just a quick hello tonight. DH was off this past weekend (two in a row is very unusual) and we got a lot done around the house. Still no shelves tho.

I spent last night at my parents because they just got DSL and their firewall was giving them trouble with the software installation....not that I fixed that issue, but I managed to get their speakers back to working (plugged them back in - LOL) and set up a windows password so my Dad won't be so freaked out about his internet no longer having a password.

Blue box - funny I didn't even *know* it was a blue box. LOL Reckon I should be asking for a blue box for our anniversary?

Reyanna, it's always good to hear that your hard work is loved. I'm sure the gift will be cherished.

Louisa, is your DH out of town again this week? It was for 2 weeks in a row, wasn't it?

Vikki, when I get back to it more regularly my goal is at least 4 times a week for some kind of purposeful exercise. I love your pretty avatar!

I haven't taken the time yet to see any hurricane footage, but with it being a cat 5 - it must be devastating.

Kitty, yay for the new PSE!! and taking time to PLAY!

Hey, Amber, looks like you've been a little MIA like me.

No word from Kristin here either. Big to her tho.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Hey girlfriends! No Kristin or Amber today! Hmmmm.....they must be busy!

Kitty, the Netflix idea is probably the best one. Don't they deliver to your house and you just send the movie back via mail? That sounds great! No going to the store and picking out movies. Five dollars is so inexpensive for the whole month? Unbelievable price. I say sign up! I'm like your husband, the picky one. Often times I fall asleep during the movie and that's no fun!

Reyanna, you and your hubby are so cute! I keep forgetting you have been married longer than me! 5 years! It's almost your anniversary! Just keep telling him how much you LOVE the blue box and your bracelet. Maybe you can look on their website and pick something out. Do they have a "wish list"? I know if I visited their website I would be in love and want something for sure. It's been a couple of years since I looked on there.
I agree with Kitty about the journal. I think that is very special. I love homemade stuff. Speaking of that, I should really make the frame I've been talking about!
Oh, when do you have to decide about the gymnastics job? It might be good for you. You do love it!

Vikki! I'm adjusting well to my new shift! I feel SO much better! I'm ALIVE again!!!!!! really. Anyways, I know I will eventually feel angry getting up so early but I haven't reached that yet. I have been getting up earlier than I normally would to drink coffee at home and wake up some before heading in to work. I haven't stopped at Starbucks yet. I'm trying not to get in that habit.
I am not used to the excercise thing yet with my new day shift. I typically workout 5-6 days a week. Not heavy stuff or anything. I feel I have to do something everyday! But when I was on the night shift, I wouldn't work out on my last day. I would be just too tired. I would come home, take a 3 hour nap and get up and be a slouch all day (usually) and not want to work out. And If i did, i would be too weak.
I do the BoFlex 3 times a week, walk 2-3 times a week and run 3 times a week. That is my typical schedule. I was trying to do the workouts on FitTV for a while. I found one I liked that was easy on my coordination skills . Otherwise, I couldn't keep up and get all the movements in because they were just too many! I got frustrated!
Okay, that was a bit too much information I suppose!

There are fires going on here in So Ca! it's terrible. None close by me though! One in Hollywood right now too! I am glad the hurricane dropped to a cat 2. That is much better than 5!

Okay, I need to get a workout in while I have some energy!

Hi Angela!!!!! HI AMBER!!!! Hello hello Kristin, wherever you are!!! (maybe she forgot about us)

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Yes, I keep forgetting to tell Vicki her avatar is so cute! Love your avatar Vicki! You look happy and adorable!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Hey all!

I called Kristin on both her home AND cell phones yesterday, and I couldn't reach her. HUMPH. She must be super busy. They do close on their house in one week. They must be using every free minute to pack.

Kitty: We LOVE Netflix!! We had it a few years ago, and we watched like six movies a week! We actually got sick of it so we canceled. Then a few months ago, we were wanting it again so we have it again now. I love it! We both take turns adding what we want, alternating deliveries. I like it that way. And you're so sweet to say that a handmade gift trumps a Tiffany bracelet! YEAH! I like the way your mind works.

Angela: I think you can purchase *just* the blue box or blue pouch on ebay! LOL. Crazy. I guess people really want those. And I'd like a blue box for my anniversary. It's only four months away now. Wow! Four months till Christmas! I better get started on those Christmas cards! Glad you got a lot done this weekend!

Louisa: Yeah! Five years! I know... it's crazy! It's really flown by. Dropping hints about Tiffany's? HA! That's a good one! I did check their website the other day. I hadn't in several years. Wow, their stuff is beautiful! We're planning on doing a couple's day at the spa for our anniversary actually. Couples massages and time in the jacuzzi and pool is great with me. We'll probably do that lieu of gifts and still do cards.

Gymnastics? I'm meeting with her tomorrow so maybe I'll give her an answer then. I'm not sure. I'm sure she just wants to know as soon as possible. I think I will do it though if it's ONLY six hours. That's the important part. LOL. And yes, I do love it. Those kids are adorable!

Vikki: Yeah, I love your new avatar too! It's wicked cute.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-22-07 10:17 AM

Hi all!! I'm here!! I'm still alive!! Just having one heck of a week at work. I promise I'll be back again soon and attempt to catch up!

{{{HUGS}}}

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to MrsVo

Hello Everyone! It's Wednesday!! YAH Amber you're back and alive! I am very happy to hear from you. You can catch up with us whenever you have a chance! :smile :

Thanks everyone that commented in my gallery of my new LOs and of my new avatar picture. The picture is from one of the 2 lake trips we took this summer. I was just posing for the camera, because I tend to do that!

And thanks everyone who gave me their input on how they exercise, I always feel like I do too much because my body hurts a bit. But then I say it's a good thing to exercise. It's a vicious cycle.

Angela, so that's good that you and your hubby had some time together- 2 weekends in a row!! I hope you got some stuff done. Do your parents live pretty close to you?

Louisa, you're so funny, "I feel SO much better! I'm ALIVE again!!!!!!" I am sure the change in environment and time change too definitely has given you a boost. I am hoping school will make me feel the same way. I am getting restless. Thanks for giving me your workout routine- that's what I was asking for. You really do a lot too.

Reyanna, No Kristen yet?? I think it's a great idea for you to go back in gymnastics. You seemed to like it a lot. I tend to keep myself away from the Tiffany website- it's just too tempting. Greg bought me the heart charm bracelet and then we got it engraved with my new initials and date right before our wedding.

Kitty, I have to agree with the others. I think Netflix is the way to go. I mean who cares if your hubby is picky, just get a bunch and you can keep getting more when you return them. You cannot beat the price for $5 a month- and no late fees!! I wouldn't mind getting Netflix either, but Greg doesn't watch many movies. I tend to be like Louisa- I fall asleep during movies. I am watching Arlington Road right now and just cannot get through it!! I hope you can play with your PSE tonight!! New toys are always fun!

So what's everyone thinking about the ATC cards- should we do some pre-planning or some theme related- or decide who we want to do cards for? Should we make cards for everyone in the group??

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to ScrapperV

Oh one more thing- I was in the SANs thread yesterday- forget it, I wouldn't be able to keep up with that thread anymore. There was about 10 new people who joined in the 2 weeks or so.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

Great question Vikki! What is up with the ATC cards?

I think when it gets closer to winter time, we might just try Netflix! When it's cold outside, we can stay home and snuggle and watch movies.

Hi Amber! Thanks for stopping by. I want to try your challenge, really. But I have not done a layout of just me! Weird I know. I don't like to talk about Me that much......it would be a great challenge.

Reyanna, thanks for trying to get a hold of Kristen. She has to be super busy, moving and buying a house is a LOT of work and packing and stress.... I hope she is okay! Give her my best wishes when you get a hold of her!!!!
I like your idea of anniversary at the spa! I like those kind of things too. Like I told you before, I told my dh last year "No anniversary presents, our cruise is our present". I like it that way. Someday I will have a little blue box, if I want it bad enough!

Off to my lss, hoping not to spend too much money! Have a great day girls!

Vikki, how many days left now???? 5?

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Oh yeah Vikki, there is too many new people! I checked too. But the thing is, they don't all stay around. I won't be able to keep up either. sad to say...

Okay, you gals who wear makeup, two questions.

I have straight as heck eyelashes, what eyelash curler do you use/recommend? The one i have now is Cover Girl, but it is so old, I'm talking junior high. I need a new one! Bad! I have tried others before, but end up throwing them away because they do not curl my eyelashes! help!

And 2nd, anyone where eyeliner? I'm looking for a good liquid eyeliner, that will draw a THIN clean line and does not smudge. Any recommendations?

Thanks girls!

Edited by caribbean~girl on 08-22-07 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

My eyelash curler is from Revlon and works pretty well. It makes me have long, curled lashes- ooo la la!! As far as eyeliner- I don't do liquid eyeliner, just pencil so I am not much help!

After today- 5 more days.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

Hi Angela! Glad you got a lot done, but hope you get those shelves soon!

Louisa, glad you're *alive* again! Make-up: I'm not much help, I'm afraid. You know, I've never used an eyelash curler. I use mascara, but for some reason, never thought to try a curler - maybe I need to get one, too! And eyeliner is pencil. I'm a bit challenged when it comes to the liquid stuff. And the one I tried didn't last (wore off very quickly) - but it was some weird brand, so I'm not sure how the "name brands" would work. (I kind of go back & forth about my make-up: using the usual name brands, or ordering "animal-friendly" stuff off the Net.)

Reyanna, gymnastics: I say go for it. It's such a cool thing! I love gymnastics! (Not that I can actually "do" them, but I'm a happy spectator.)

Amber, hope your work week gets easier! Glad you could pop in to say "hi"!

And Vikki, if you're looking for "too much exercise information", LOL... I'm kind of switching back and forth each day between the treadmill, and a video. I like the treadmill, but everything I've read says I need "strength-training", too. I was just using a Pilates/Yoga blend video, which I really like, but I didn't think it was challening enough anymore, so I bought this thing called "I Want That Body - with Tammilee Webb". It's really challenging, with a total of six 15-minute work-outs - two each for arms, abs & buns (I try to do one of each, but must admit that I'm still having trouble with the abs work-out). However, when I gave up the Pilates/Yoga, I found that I really missed it (plus, it really helped with back pain), so I'm trying to fit all three into my week.

And I do get a bit sore sometimes, but I think as long as you don't pull a muscle, and you don't hurt so much that you can't exercise again, than it's probably a good thing. You know that saying, "no pain, no gain".

Okay, enough rambling - gotta find some dinner! I'm hungry!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Oh, I forgot to ask you Vikki? Are you stretching everyday, before and after you run? I know sometimes, I'm lazy or in a hurry and i forget to stretch afterwards, bad idea. I do get sore and tired legs.
Thanks for the eyelash recommendation. I like the "ooo la la" comment. You got me sold!!!

Hey Kitty! I need to try pilates or even yoga, but I'm nervous about huring myself with the pilates and i hear that yoga is HARD! hmmm...

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Oh, Louisa! You HAVE to stretch before you start running, silly! Try to for at least five minutes.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Yeah I am horrible about stretching after I run- maybe that's my problem! I forgot about the stretching part!! Thanks guys!

It's Thursday and you know what I had for lunch today- a smoothie!! It was so good. I loved it. I am so ready to go home now. It's Friday tomorrow which is a good thing.

Thanks Kitty for telling me your workout routine- you too workout a lot. That DVD sounds pretty cool.

canned_shrimp
Expert
canned_shrimp
In response to ScrapperV

I AM HERE!!!!! You girls are *fantastic*!!! I am so lucky to have such great friends!!! I honestly thought no one would miss me, especially since SANS was getting so large, you know?

But, FABULOUS Reyanna called my *home* phone the other night, and i *knew* she meant business!!! haha!! So, i called her back tonight and she told me that you had all PM'ed me, and i was so excited and happy!!!

Thank you so much for this new thread!! I also have no idea what a *ATC* is, or how i am going to make one, so someone needs to explain that part to me...hee hee

Well, we close next week on 8/31. I have the entire week off from work to pack. I am very excited!!! I am also very nervous. I just hope all our paperwork is in place and the bank is ready to go, etc. You never know what *surprises* might await you at the closing. SO NERVOUS!!!

Well, remember i got that new job at work, and i was so excited??? Well, my boss is turning out to be a total a**hole. It's getting really bad, so i have been stressed out with that lately. I think stemming from that frustration has been my un-sociable-ness (so not a word, i know...sorry reyanna! hee hee). Oh well...we'll see what happens. Why is it that some mid-30's women have to be so fricking b*tchy!? ugh!

Anyways, i promised Clyde we'd watch Top Chef at 7:30 pm, so i have to go for now, but i will be back soon, I PROMISE!!! hee hee

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to canned_shrimp

Welcome back, Kristin!!

Y'all I *know* I typed up at least a partial post yesterday. Then I left the computer and DH got on and he closed everything. Ugh!

I gotta go get supper started and then I'll be back to chat. I hope.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Yeah Kristin is back! Glad to hear that you are alive! I know getting a house is a lot of work and stressful. It must not be helping that work is stressful now! Sorry! Big hug to you! It will work out!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

I was JUST coming here to tell you all, "Guess what?! Guess who *I* talked to today!" But... alas, you already know!

Gosh, this day started out SO CRAPPY (like tears and all!), and it turned out so great! I got an unexpected call from Kristin, an unexpected PM from another MIA sb.com er, AND Kristin made up a new word that REALLY made me laugh. (Kristin: Even though I'm a Grammar Guru, I SO make up my own words all the time. Yeah, like... "I falled down." That SO should be a proper sentence!

And... I was thinking about what Kristin said to me on the phone... AND then here: "I honestly thought no one would miss me." And it hit me. We're friends. We're good friends who care about each other, and I SO love that!

And that totally brightened my day too. Vikki telling me I reminded her of Giada was SUCH a compliment (thanks again, V!!), and us all wanting Kristin to come back, and wishing Angela well on her move, and giving Amber's puppy virtual get-better vibes, and keeping Louisa happy while hubby was gone, and keeping Kitty sane while she was doing the job for two, and encouraging Vikki on her new school venture... you guys... we just rock!!!

So thank you all for rocking! Rocking SO very much! You are all so wonderful, and I love you guys! And to think... today I was too depressed to come and post. *sigh* Shame on me!

p.s. Kristin: Welcome back, Babe! I'm glad you found our thread.

Edited by reyasunshine on 08-23-07 05:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

p.p.s. I TOTALLY just celebrated my two-year anniversary on sb.com ! Yay.

And wow... everybody else's is coming up in the next few months! Party!

Edited by reyasunshine on 08-23-07 05:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Happy Anniversary! Two years? That is longer than me Reyanna!

Isn't it funny how a day starts off bad and can get better? So glad it did for you! I know how it can be! And I do appreciate you gals keeping me company! I love that! You gals are my buddies! We are all so great!

Can I share my last page I just finished tonight with you? Here it is: simple

Edited by caribbean~girl on 08-23-07 07:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Happy two year mark, Reyanna! I too am so glad that we are all real friends. That's special.

About the Sans thread...I have to visit to keep up with a few of the ladies that I know, but it is hard. I like to greet new people, but I think I'm maxed out. My poor, over-used brain is full.

Kristin, that really stinks about your boss. I think it's really hard to find a good boss. It all goes to their head or something or maybe it's just the typical personality that is chosen for management. I've been pretty lucky, but I don't think David has ever been lucky - with the boss thing that is.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-24-07 05:30 AM

You all will be very happy to know that I have scheduled a time to sit down and get all caught up!! John is helping his brother move tomorrow so I will have the house (and the computer) all to myself (insert evil laugh)!

In the mean time, if you guys get a minute please go vote in this week's scrapathalon!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to MrsVo

Good morning ladies!
I got to vote in time Amber! Will you tell me more about your challenge? Are you creating one a week? Is it with your own little group? How long does it go on? It seems like so much fun!
Those were fabulous pages too! I know which is your and voted for you! Well done!

have a great day everyone!!!! Happy Friday!

ps. Reyanna, i stretched before and AFTER my run today! I know, sometimes i'm too much in a hurry though!

Happy Friday!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Kristin: Sorry about your silly boss. Hmm... why don't you just commute here, and we can open our own scrap store! That sounds good, right?!

Louisa: Thank you. And thanks for sharing your new LO. Your LOs are just so cute and fun!

Angela: Thank you! I've had good luck with bosses too. Jeremy hasn't, unfortunately. But I think that's just military mentality. Those guys are just hard-butts (sensored). I haven't been to the SANS thread in a bit. I went on a week ago, and there were TONS of new people, and I just couldn't keep up or know what they were talking about so I just came back here.

Amber: Hooray for computer time!!! I know that I will be scrapping ALL weekend! Well, hopefully, I'll finish my LOs today and tomorrow so I'll have Sunday to hang out with Jeremy. And I voted!

Hello to everyone else! My day is moving pretty slowly. Only three days left of work for me after this! You too, Vikki! YES!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

YAH!!! Kristen is back!! I missed you.

Amber, you are back too- YAH!! I will go vote for the challenge too once I am done with this post.

OK Louisa and Reyanna, you guys told me to stretch after my run, and yesterday that's exactly what I did- I stretched and stretched- and wonders never cease- it felt wonderful. I told Greg that I need to stretch everyday whether I work out or not. It does a body good. So thanks girls for reminding me!!

Reyanna, I am very happy we are all friends too- it's funny how you can have friends that you haven't actually met in real life!! Although Kristen and Reyanna have met. I think we should all make it a goal down the road of course to meet one day. I know Amber and Allie from the SANs group met in Chicago.

Angela, I have to agree with you too about the SANs thread! It has recently gone beserk lately and there is just no way I can keep up. But all of you girls are the ones I wanted to hear from anyway!!

Kitty, I hope you are doing well- check in this weekend!!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to ScrapperV

I voted! I liked the LO Amber- nice job. It was a good challenge too. How long to do you have to complete these challenges?

Kristen, good luck with everything for the move. I know all about moving and how it's such a pain and will be for the next few months- Angela knows too. You'll be fine.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to ScrapperV

Yep, moving is a pain! So is fixing and finishing a house.

I keep thinking of things I forgot to comment on... I need notes even here. LOL So here are a couple I've thought of:

Eyeliner - when I bother with it (and I do think it really helps my tired eyes) I have always used a soft pencil that you twist up. Whatever brand I happen to have. I like to blend it in some. Although, maybe with a good thin liquid line you wouldn't have to blend. Hmmm...

Curler - My eyelash curler stinks- I got one at Walmart that said 'subtle' - forget the subtle one, go for the dramatic.

My parents - They do live close. I'd guess about 5 miles or so. I like being close to them...David does too actually cuz Mom usually has something yummy baked and my parents are helpful only when we ask (i.e. They typically don't bug us - unlike his side).

I was 20 minutes too late to vote. Phooey!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Oh gosh, so much love here today! What a wonderful thread to come home too! We do rock, don't we Reyanna. Hugs! And I would love to meet everyone (which is saying a lot, because I really truly am totally bashful!). Maybe we could meet at Disney World someday. Or the cruise idea was cool, too.

I don't know what happened yesterday - the day just got away from me. But I'm here now, it's Friday, and I have the weekend off! Woohoo! And I am determined to get some scrappin' done and posted this weekend!

Work is better - sort of. Truth is, business has just crashed. It's not good for the company, but it has finally allowed me to catch up. And the boss was in a bit this week. I'm not sure if he's actually any better (the doctors haven't actually done anything), but at least he was able to help with some of the weird stuff.

Woohoo, Kristin has arrived! Don't worry about the ATC's - I don't think any of us really know what we're doing with them, either - yet. Did you see the link? Can I post that here? It might be considered a scrap link. I'll send you a PM, Kristin - cool site that talks all about them, with lots of examples.

Stretching: I'm good at that. In high school, I took gymnastics one year as a way to get out of regular PE (terrible, I know). However, I really couldn't *do* anything, so I spent a whole lot of time stretching. Oddly, it turned into a life-long habit. I haven't always been in good shape, but I've almost always been super, super limber. However, I am not a runner. I imagine it's wonderful for those who can, but my knees just can't take it. I'm trying to make up for it by continually raising the incline on my treadmill. I may only be walking, but I'm walking uphill (both ways, LOL).

Angela, sorry you lost your post. I swear that sometimes the computer just eats these things - a bunch of words one minute, then *poof*, nothing. In fact, I'll be right back. This is getting long and I don't want it to get lost.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Reyanna, congrats on two years!

Louisa, I'm totally going to check out your layout after I post. I always love your layouts!

Kristin, sorry work's been rough. Not getting allow with your boss has to be one of the most miserable problems you can have in a job. I'm pretty lucky in that respect - all three of my bosses are pretty nice guys. Having three bosses (three owners / equal partners) does create some interesting problems, but I know it could be so much worse.

Sorry, Amber, it sounds like I must already be too late to vote this time! Enjoy having the computer all to yourself! I'm lucky there, too. I don't touch the remote, and hubby doesn't touch the mouse - we're both happy.

Vikki, thanks for thinking of me! Glad the stretching helped. And yes, the "I Want That Body" video is pretty cool - you can read tons of reviews at Amazon. You know, though, I almost got sucked into an infomercial the other day, for something called "Hip Hop Abs". It looks like so much fun! It *says* that you won't even feel like you're exercising - you just dance your way to rock-hard abs, with the latest popular hip-hop music. I wonder if someone with two left feet can follow it, though?

Okay, I've rambled way too much. Happy weekend everyone!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Kitty, the *whole* weekend? You are off two days?! I'm so glad for you!

I have pretty much wasted today, but I guess there is always tomorrow.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Angela, yes, a whole two days!!!

I spent a good portion of this morning fighting with my scanner (first big Vista problem, I guess), but she is finally working, and all is well. HP clearly wants me to "upgrade" to a better scanner, but at least they made a "stripped down, basic" driver that allows this scanner to work. As it turns out, that's all I need. I would've used PSE, anyway, to clean up and organize the scans.

I managed to upload a "heritage" layout I did a few weeks ago, and now I'm off to finish up the layout I'm doing for Louisa's latest challenge. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-25-07 10:25 AM

Morning Ladies!! I'm enjoying my Saturday computer time! John's brother never did call to get him to help move, but he's snoozing on the couch right now, LOL!

Finally caught up but man I should have taken notes. Let's see what I can remember..

Reyanna - hope you are having fun scrapping the weekend away! I've gotta get to that tomorrow...

Kitty - so glad work is slowing for you a bit. Mine just seems to have picked up. I'm so tired from it all that when I get home I just generally crash out!

Shrimp!! So glad to see you back here! We understand you're busy with your move but want you to know you are loved and missed! Don't worry about the ATCs we'll get them up and running when you get all settled in.

Angela - I am an eyeliner addict! Even my hubby has never seen me without it on! I put it on in the morning and don't ever wash it off (gasp!). I use a pencil b/c I put it on in the car on the way to work (double gasp!) and the ride isn't smooth enough to handle liquid, although I love the way a liquid liner looks.

Vikki and Louisa! Thanks so much for voting on the challenge! It is a challenge group that lasts for 10 weeks. This is week 8 so it's almost over! Every Friday afternoon a new challenge is posted and we have until Wednesday at 8pm to post them to the gallery. Then the poll goes up. It has really been fun and helped me get a lot of pages done!

Hope you all are having an excellent weekend!! HUGS!!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to MrsVo

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-26-07 11:25 AM

It's been quite this weekend!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to MrsVo

Hi Amber & Louisa (and everyone)! I am having a wonderful weekend! Hope you are, too! I got to scrap yesterday, and had some time to work on my genealogy today! (I love it when I get to do both - somehow they just seem to satisfy two different needs for me.)

Amber, glad you got some computer time this weekend! I know what you mean about being so tired after work that you just want to crash. It is so nice not to feel like that! I hope your work slows down, too!

Louisa, I meant to tell you... you said you were worried about hurting yourself with Pilates or Yoga. I thought I'd tell you that yoga, in particular, is what I'd call a "slow & gentle" sort of thing. Yes, you do have to be rather limber to move into some of these positions, and a good sense of balance helps, too, but the cool thing is that you slowly move into these positions - it's not "jerky", if you know what I mean. So, if it's too difficult for you, you just don't move into it completely. Does that make sense? I think that if you have a good instructor, or (in my case) a good video, there's not too much risk of injury as long as you only try what feels okay to you. I'm not describing this very well, am I? Think of it like this - when you bend down to touch your toes, you only bend as far as you comfortably can. For some, that means not quite reaching their toes. For others, it means putting their palms flat on the floor. If you keep trying, you're going to go a little farther down each time - but you do it at your own pace. And there are lots of beginner videos, too.

Okay, sorry, that was long and probably not very helpful.

And speaking of exercise, it's about time for me to hit the treadmill. Then, I'm going to make some Caribbean Red Beans & Rice for dinner - MMMMM! Hope everyone has a nice afternoon / evening!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Hello!
Kitty, you sound like you had a perfect weekend!! You seem very relaxed and happy. It's nice to hear! Caribbean Red Beans and Rice sounds interesting! I never did ask you- or if I did I forgot, but is your hubby a vegetarian (sp) too? I will go check out your gallery after I post.

Amber, wow, that Challenge sure kept you busy! I am not sure if I could keep up, but it sounds like a cool thing to do and you created a lot of great-looking LOs! I am partial to the wedding ones! And wearing eyeliner all the time!! And putting it on in the car? How do you do that!!

Reyanna, how the scrapping going? I know you went to the pool and beach too- I wish I had the beach around here- but all we have are a bunch of lakes!

Angela, have you gotten those shelves yet!! :smile : You'll get them soon!!

Louisa, how are you? How was your weekend? I tell ya stretching after a workout is key! I haven't been sore since I started! You and Kitty are great!

Shrimp, I hope all is well with you- do you move this week? I think so!

DH and I went camping last night- back pack camping meaning we had to park the car in the parking lot and hike with all our stuff to our campsite which was a mile away! Oh wow- getting to the campsite was such a treat- since it was uphill on unstable ground. I am glad I was in good shape. We took a hike after we setup camp and then had dinner at the campsite of Chicken Teriyaki- from one of those freeze dried packages that astronaunts eat. DH's idea of course
I made a salad and we had wine too so it wasn't that bad. The night in the tent was OK- but I think I was up a lot. Oh well. This morning we packed up and went out to breakfast at this fun restaurant in St. Paul- so at least that was my reward for going camping!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

Vikki - camping, that is so cool! This is probably going to sound weird, but I've always "wanted" to be the outdoorsy type, but somehow never quite got there. I must confess that I'm much happier finishing a hike with a nice hot shower and a warm, cozy bed. I didn't have much experience camping as a kid, though - maybe it's something you grow up with. Did you camp as a kid?

No, hubby isn't a vegetarian. He did give up red meat (beef & pork) a few years ago (his dad died of a heart attack - it really affected him), but he still eats chicken & turkey. He totally doesn't understand why I feel this need to be a vegan, but he loves me anyway. I totally can't understand how anyone can eat meat, but I love him anyway. We make it work.

However, if I manage to find a dish that's actually edible, he will help me make it, and he'll usually try a serving. He had some of the rice & beans tonight - though he thought it was a bit bland. (I'm a lousy cook, so that's actually high praise!) We usually eat spaghetti together about once a week. And he likes my veggie lo mein.

Next weekend, I want to try something a bit more adventurous. I'm really hoping to manage the full 3-day weekend, which will give me more time. I have this really cool cookbook called "Vegan with a Vengeance" - but the dishes are a bit more complicated. I managed a ginger-mango tofu dish a couple months ago that really rocked. We'll have to see if I can find something else I'm not too scared to try.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Kitty, you are very helpful and explained it very well about the yoga and stretching! I wanna try it even more now. When I was getting my hair done the other day, I was looking at a fitness magazine that had a bunch of yoga positions. Some looked easy! I think it "looks" easier than it actually is. And, it's funny, a guy at my husband's work does yoga! And it has helped him lose weight, my dh has even noticed it. I don't think he wants everyone to know he does yoga, especially the other guys at work. I asked him to show him some poses and he did. My dh said they looked a little difficult. He would probably kill me if he knew I was sharing this with you gals! Maybe I can get dh to do it with me! And of course, it is going to be a video! I'm too shy to take a aerobic type class at the gym. My gym offers so many but I'm not so coordinated! I have proven that! Thanks for the explanation! She are so sweet to explain, you always do!

Vikki, sounds like you had a nice camping trip! I'm with Kitty, i do camp! I did it in the BROWNIES (didn't do Girl Scouts, brownies come before that). I slept in tents and even outdoors in sleeping bags but that was on Girl Scout camping grounds. That is as real as i got to camping. Now I would need a cabin and shower! I am NOT the outdoors type! Too many bugs and creepy crawly things and noises for me!
Oh and I'm glad stretching is working for you! It does help! No more sore body! Yippie!

Hello to Angela, Reyanna and Amber! Have a great week!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Happy Monday all- yes I am in a good mood because I have 3 more days of work and then I am done!!

Speaking of Yoga, I have taken classes in yoga at my old gym, and I don't know if it was the teacher or the routine, but I was falling asleep!! I know Greg wants to try it, so I will be willing to do it again. It's gotta be more exiting though!

Louisa, I was in Brownies too!! I was also in Girl Scouts, but only for about 2 years.

You guys really need to go camping- even it's for an overnight- I am sure your hubbys will like it- and you "might" :smile : like it too!!

Good morning to Reyanna, Shrimp, Amber, and Angela!!

canned_shrimp
Expert
canned_shrimp
In response to ScrapperV

Hey girls!!! Happy Monday!!

I am on vacation all week to pack the apartment and get ready for the move on Friday! I have a confession to make: I woke up at 10AM! haah! that's sooooo late...i feel a little guilty, but oh well!

As far as yoga goes, i totally agree with you Vikki- regular yoga puts me to sleep! I do Power yoga so you are constantly moving and balancing in poses. There is no time to even yawn! haha! Power yoga can be hard though- the room is 80-100 degrees and you go non-stop. Sometimes i have to leave the room to get some air. I love it though. I feel so much accomplishment after a class, you know?

Anyways, i'll pop in later to say hi...have a great day everyone!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-27-07 07:05 AM

Morning everybody!!

Kitty - glad you had a nice weekend. I agree with what you said about Yoga - I've never hurt myself doing it. And YUM! That Ginger Mango Tofu sounds wonderful! Could you post the recipe?? I love tofu!!

Vikki - You know it hasn't been as difficult to keep up with as I thought it would be. I've just gotten into a little routine of doing my LO for the week on either Saturday or Sunday while John is out playing golf. And yeah I think I have an eyeliner problem, LOL!! You are so hard core with that backpacking/camping trip!! I love running but that's about as outdoorsy as I get. I just can't hang with sleeping outdoors!! Oh and I had the same falling asleep problem with my college yoga instructor. She was very relaxing, ha!

Louisa - Some of the yoga positions are quite easy - until you try to hold them for 10min, LOL!!

Morning Shrimp!! Sending you lots of good moving vibes!!

Reya - hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to MrsVo

Oh, Kitty, that book title made me laugh! I just bought a new vegetarian cookbook that I really like. But I love to cook! We're Semi-Vegetarians (that's actually a technical term I learned as Nutrition Major!)... it means that we eat vegetarian most of the time, but we eat turkey, chicken and seafood occasionally for health reasons. Because of my Celiac Disease, it's not really good if I go full-vegetarian, but lately, the thought of any type of meat or poultry makes me sick. Just the texture. UGH. However, when we go out to restaurants, I usually order meat because that's all they have I can eat. Salads just DO NOT fill me up. Anywho... that was long and informative and boring. LOL.

I camped as a kid, and a few years ago Jeremy and I bought TONS of camping stuff because we were so excited to be in a place where we could actually use it (as opposed to Southern California). But now, I just really have no desire. It's because of my osteo-arthritis though. I LOVE hiking, but it hurts my hips. And it just hurts me SO BAD to sleep on that air mattress. I can't walk the next day! We may go for one night this weekend though... I feel bad for Jeremy. He's been dying to go!

Louisa: Yoga and Pilates are awesome! And if you take beginner classes (or get the DVD), you can just work your way into it. They're really not that difficult to start out with. You should look into them! I prefer Pilates myself, but I think that's because it's closest to gymnastics positions, in my opinion. LOL.

Vikki: Scrapping was great! I'm about to head off to do some more. That BG Periphery is calling my name! And yeah, we were able to hit the beach and pool because our beach club has both. The beach was SO crowded this weekend so I opted for a dip in the pool and reading my Real Simple mag. I took a walk on our beach at home after we left the crazy one. LOL.

And freeze-dried food... Mmmm... I'm jealous.

Kristin: Must be SO nice to have the week off to pack! I actually have tomorrow and Wednesday off. I'm heading to Vermont to help my sister with the girls. She's getting teeth pulled so needs a babysitter and a chauffeur! Hopefully, we'll get some scrapping in there.

Amber: Ick, tofu?! I wish I liked it, but no... just ew. LOL. It's like mushrooms and olives... the texture just doesn't allow me to stomach them. LOL. And I did have a wonderful weekend. Thank you.

Sorry this was so long. I was SO busy this weekend. Okay, back to scrapping...

Edited by reyasunshine on 08-27-07 12:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Happy Monday evening!

Louisa, you should totally try yoga, or pilates. We'll all have you hooked in no time.

As long as we're all confessing... I was a Brownie, too. And a Girl Scout for a couple of years, like Vikki. And except for one great trip to Tahoe with a friend's family, that was about it for my camping experience. Well, there was that 3-day weekend in a trailer in the desert, in the summer - really, really bad idea.

Kristin, good luck with the packing! I'm not so crazy about moving, but I LOVE getting settled in a new place. I just love deciding where to put things, and getting it all homey. When I was younger, and my furniture was much smaller & lighter, I'd rearrange it on a regular basis, just to get that "new home" feeling. (We're talking a cheap futon and a lot of milk crates.)

Amber, the author of that cookbook has a website, and she posted the recipe for the Mango Ginger Tofu (I think it's sort of one of her "signature" dishes):
The Post Punk Kitchen

(By the way, I ended up just using one block of tofu, but making the full sauce recipe. I figured I'd use the sauce on rice. It seemed to me that with two blocks of tofu, there wouldn't have been enough sauce - but I'm admittedly *not* an expert in the kitchen.)

Reyanna, actually the whole book is kind of funny! I've actually read quite a bit of it, just to read it - which is rather odd for a cookbook. I must confess, though, that being a dreadful cook, her stuff is a bit ambitious for me. I was surprised when I managed the above recipe - but it was a bit of a chore. But tasty!

And your Semi-Vegetarian description wasn't boring at all! (By day I'm a shy, quiet office manager. By night, I'm an outgoing vegetarian/vegan Disney dining consultant. I spend a lot of time talking veggie food.)

Amber, I need you to back me up on this, okay? Reyanna, if you don't like the texture of tofu, it means you haven't had well-prepared tofu. Tofu comes in so many shapes & sizes - and textures! They can make *anything* out of tofu! And yes, if it's prepared badly (kinda like when I make it), then it can have a very unpleasant texture. I never thought it would happen, but I've even got my hubby eating some tofu. (When we met, he was totally a "meat & potatoes" kind of guy. He's given up red meat, but his tastes haven't changed all that much.)

Okay, how's that for rambling.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Hi All- today bit the big one- like I want to stay at work when I have 2 days left. The new girl started today who's taking my place. She seems nice and all- young though, right out of college and married for 10 months. I think it's time for me to move on!!

Kitty, you had me rolling with your line, "By day I'm a shy, quiet office manager. By night, I'm an outgoing vegetarian/vegan Disney dining consultant." I almost fell off my chair because I was laughing so hard!! Thanks for the laugh.

Shrimp, I may have to try Power Yoga now- you got me interested. I'd like to try Pilates too! Have great fun packing!! I agree with Kitty though- I like moving in to a new place- but I wouldn't make it a habit!

Reyanna, you have me interested in the BG Periphery now!! I don't need any more paper though!! I'll send some good vibes to your sister tomorrow. Have fun playing chauffeur!!

Amber, actually now that I think about it- that challenge wouldn't be that bad- like you said you work on it either Saturday or Sunday- and really on average how long did a LO take you? I know the longest LO usually takes me between 1 and 2 hours.
I've never had tofu though- maybe I should try! That and yoga!

Hi Angela- Hi Louisa!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to ScrapperV

Hi Girls,
I am going to be MIA after today for a few days. We just found out that my grandma passed away yesterday and I have spent the majority of last night crying. We will be leaving for Chicago tomorrow.

canned_shrimp
Expert
canned_shrimp
In response to ScrapperV

Vikki hunnie, i am SO SORRY!!!!
My thoughts are with you and i will miss you while you are gone sweetie...

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 08-28-07 06:09 AM

Reya and Kitty - I agree if you did like the Tofu you tried, try another. There are so many yummy varrieties there is almost certainly one out there you will like. I also dislike Mushrooms so I prefer the extra firm tofu to the silky soft version. And I like mine best cooked SPICY! But I'll eat it almost any way it's prepared. I'm totally going to check out that website, thanks!!

Vikki - yeah I'd say the longest part of the LO is getting together in my head what I want to do. I start thinking about it on Friday when the challenge goe sup and it usually takes me a while to get a concept in my head that I like. Actual hand to paper work usually takes at the most 3-4 hrs.

Ack! Can you tell I respond as I read??

Vikki I am so so sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you during this difficult time.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to ScrapperV

Oh, Vikki!!! I'm so sad for you! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I were there to give you a hug, Babe. I hope you're getting lots of them from hubby.

I'll be MIA too. I'm leaving for my sister's now, and I'll be back tomorrow some time.

Take good care of Vikki, Ladies!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Oh Vikki, I am so sorry! I'll send some pixie dust your way, to help your family through this.

Amber, if you have mastered cooking tofu, I'd love some tips. I'm getting better, but it still doesn't quite have the more tough & chewy texture I prefer. (I use the extra firm - but it's still difficult to prepare.)

Reyanna, hope you have a nice visit with your sister!

Hi Kristin, Louisa and Angela!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Vikki, I am so sorry. I'll be thinking about you and your family and you'll be in my prayers too.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I enjoy camping - my husband loves to do the cooking and I wash the dishes and there is no TV! I've only backpacked once, Vikki, but I hope we do it again! I might actually enjoy the planning and careful packing more than the camping.

Kitty, I have learned that cooking is easy with a good recipe. Within the past 2-3 years I've actually started cooking interesting dishes without a recipe. This happened because I'd start in on a recipe and be missing and ingredient and I'd replace it with something and it wasn't bad and then I just started trying stuff. The key I think is good spices. One day I want my own herb garden....

Oh, Louisa, I actually have taken yoga in a yoga studio. It was a small group and I actually enjoyed going. I did it for medical reasons to try to breathe better and relax and it helped me a lot I think. I am clumsy, goofy and shy, but mostly people seemed to be absorbed in their own movements so it was okay. You should definitely try it- even at home with a good video. There are a lot of different yoga styles - I was doing Kripalu (sp?), but it was a beginner class so it wasn't boring or serious - just a lot of fun and relaxing.

Amber, you are right it's the holding of a some of those positions that just wears you out. My arms usually give out first.

Reyanna, I hope the babysitting and chauffeuring went well today.

Kristin, good for you with the vacation and packing. So much better than trying to do it in a weekend. (I've done both.) May I suggest shrink wrap - I don't remember what it's called on the package but the roll of plastic that sticks together. It's awesome for making padding stick to furniture, or keeping drawers or doors shut on furniture.

Kitty, I love your description of yourself too.

Vikki, be safe traveling to Chicago.

Page 1 of 35 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics