Page 35 of 35 
Username Post: Full and Active - Kids At Heart ATC Swap        (Topic#1431811)
Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to Moonflower

Vikki, I'm so happy to hear you sounding so happy! 4:30am - blah! Soooooo....will your new job be in Chicago?

Reyanna, I've been thinking about you and your little one and your Mom. I hope your Mom is better.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

FIF!!! Finally it's Friday. And I have two more Fridays left of work.

Reyanna, I liked what you said on FB yesterday about the moving and kicking of the baby. I do have to wonder if someone could get bruised inside with all the movement a baby does. I cannot imagine the feeling!

Angela, I could possibly take a job in Chicago or a short term contract here in MN. We would like to move in October of this year. Hopefully everything will work out.

Louisa, I know you're back!! Tell us about the cruise and that yummy oatmeal cookie martini!! It sounds delicious. I could go for a martini right now- and it's only 7:45AM. OK, maybe not right now.

Kitty, so what are you reading right now? I gotta know! I haven't read much lately. I am picking up Laura Childs, Scones and Bones today at the library, but that's about it. How is work going? I hope it's slowing down a bit.

Hi Amber! And babies. So exciting!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 05-13-11 12:23 PM
In response to ScrapperV

Hey Ladies!! Busy day at work today but just stopped in to say hello! Have a wonderful weekend!!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to MrsVo

Arrggh! Darn computer ate my post again! Why do I have that problem here? Never have it anywhere else.

LONGEST week ever! Wait, did I say that last week? Oh well. Totally FIF!

Well, I really intended to write a proper post, but I just can't write it twice. I wonder if I should start typing in Word, and just copy and paste my posts? Of course, maybe the computer is just trying to tell me I talk to much.

Well, really quickly - Amber and Reyanna, I'm sending a steady supply of positive thoughts and Pixie Dust, for happy healthy little ones on the way.

Louisa, I need to keep better track of these things. You cruised and you're back? Yes, please - cruise stories!

Vikki, I will totally share books with you, but it's the long book post that SB.com ate, so it's going to have to wait until tomorrow (or maybe e-mail? not sure if anyone else here wants to hear everything I've read lately.)

Angela, thanks for the hug, and no worries on not returning e-mails. I'm just so glad you keep sending me Grace pix!

Sorry, that's all I can manage tonight. I'll try to check in again tomorrow. Yay weekend!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to bashfulscrapper

Hi girls. Sorry to worry you. (you gals are so sweet) I am sooooo sorry. I got so busy before the cruise and wanted to send you an email that I was leaving. (I didn't want to announce on FB)

I have to come back and catch up....I have three pages to read. Miss you girls.

Vikki, I will send you oatmeal cookie martini recipe.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to cruiselover

Amber, OHMIGOSH!!! That is SO exciting! And hey, if you ever need my sister's email address or phone number, you let me know! We love having twins in the family... oh-so-fun. I can't believe "our" twins are NINE. *sniff* It's just so crazy how fast time flies. So you're due in... November? Awww... I'm just so happy for you guys! They are going to be the cutest twins ever! (Okay, maybe they'll tie with my sister's girls... you know, they're pretty darn cute. )

Angela, oh... no worries on the individual emails. I figure you don't need to because we have this board! LOL. How is your gardening coming? Planting anything new this year? I really wish I could do a garden or work on the backyard this spring. But... alas, I've got many other baby/house projects to keep me busy. And they're more of a priority right now! Tee hee.

Louisa, I hope you had a great time on your cruise! I can't wait to hear all about it! And see photos too! Will you post the photos on FB? Jeremy and I really wanted to take a cruise or a trip this month, but I'm not sure that's going to happen now. Things have been SOOOO crazy. We have SO much to do before Baby arrives, and Jeremy's work has been shorting him money (as in, he'll work 70 hours, and they'll pay him for 50). So... that was our extra "travel" money for a few days. *sigh* Ah well. Perhaps, we'll have a staycation before Baby arrives.

Kitty, I'm glad you love your new Kindle! I'd also love to know what you've been reading! Gosh, I'm super picky when it comes to books! LOL. Right now, though, I like reading books on childbirth and breastfeeding. Tee hee. I did start reading Jane Eyre last week. And I started reading the 7th Harry Potter (again) last night... but actually, I started that one in the middle!

Vikki, well, that's great you'll have more time to do stuff! I miss working, but if I went back (ever), I'd only go part-time. I really can't wait to stay home with the baby! And I'm thinking of possibly teaching birthing classes next year. And trying to do some "professional" scrapbooking too. We'll see.

Thank you, Everyone, for the thoughts, prayers and Pixie Dust for my mom! She's getting better and stronger each day! YAY! We have to actually remind her to not go TOO fast! LOL. She gets super-tired though and is still pretty weak. She needs to walk with a walker and take at least one nap every day. I took her to the Rec Center the other day, so she could sit in the hot tub. She also got in the pool for a minute or two. It was great for her... great for her muscles and her morale! My grandmother was SOOOO upset with me for taking her... she said it was too soon. But it was really good for her.

Baby and I are doing very well. Yesterday, he/she was very quiet, but the days before, he/she was going CRAZY in there! LOL. I guess he/she got worn out. LOL. I'm hoping I'll feel more movement today again... already have felt a bunch this morning. I love that feeling. So awesome.

Jeremy's dad came to stay with him yesterday, and they cleaned out the baby's room (it was a MESS after painting, collecting baby things, etc) and parts of the garage. They also were able to put up the crib! He used his iPhone as a video camera to show me. YAY! Looks so very cool. Can't wait to do the crib skirt and rocking chair cushions when I get home! I've got LOTS of work ahead of me, but should be fun! I'll keep you guys posted!

Everyone have a great week! I head home Wednesday. Last night, I had a meltdown (after Jeremy showed me the crib), and I just *sobbed*. I think I'm homesick! LOL.

Edited by reyasunshine on 05-15-11 07:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to reyasunshine

Yay - Louisa's back! Don't worry about catching up - just tell us about the cruise! No, seriously, I know how hard it is to come back to reality after vacation. I hope you had an amazing time!

Reyanna, I loved your big post. I'm glad your mom is doing better. Yay for crib and nice clean baby's room! Seriously, your little one is going to have the nicest room ever.

Hi Amber! Hi Vikki! Hi Angela!

Okay, books...

I didn't get to read all that much this week, what with "everything" (it was a crazy week), and just trying to get my new K3 all set up the way I like. And since I'm sort of scattered-brained at the moment, I'm actually jumping back and forth between two books:

Winter Sea, by Susanna Kearsey. It's about a writer who's renting an old cabin in Scotland, over-looking this old ruined castle where her historical fiction takes place. I think the story is going to sort of be about how her own present-day reality, and the book story from 300 years ago, sort of become blurred... maybe?

Live From New York: an Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live, by Tom Shales and James Andrew Miller. When I was a kid, Saturday Night Live was sort of a big deal... that cool "grown up show" I wasn't supposed to watch, that was on way past my bed-time, but everyone talked about, and I'd watch whenever I slept over at a friend's house. I was curious to learn about the "back story".

As for recommendations, though, I have found a new author I absolutely adore: Debra Geary. I guess you'd call her stuff "chic lit", or sort of "romantic comedy", maybe? I just know that her books are incredibly fun. I find myself grinning ear-to-ear when I read her stuff. Vikki, not sure if you can even get her in paper yet - she's an independent author, with very reasonably priced stuff on the Kindle. But you could try one of her short stories on your iPhone, and see what you think. In fact, Matchmaker 2.0 (a short story) is available for FREE right now from Amazon.com, so anyone reading e-books should grab it right away, before it goes back up (though I paid .99 and almost felt guilty for not giving the author more). She just has two short stories and one novel, so far, but lots in the works.

Okay, better wrap this up for today... still have a couple things I want to get done this weekend, and it's almost over. I hope everyone has an awesome week!

(So Vikki and Reyanna, what are YOU both reading? )

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

One more quick question: anyone here have a Roku? I have a special offer to get one half off - can't figure out if this is something we would use or not. Just curious. (And if you don't know what it is, don't feel bad. I didn't, until I got the special offer for one.)

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Hello, Happy Monday

Louisa, I agree with Kitty, don't worry about catching up. I am just happy to hear from you. See we do keep track of each other don't we? That's a good thing. The oatmeal cookie martini looks delicious! Thanks for sending it. And now we need some pictures and stories from the cruise. Maybe you should do a trip report

Kitty, OK- books. I am reading Scones and Bones by Laura Childs right now. It's a nice "unthinking" book which I like these days. But you- you are reading 3 books? I will have to check out the Debra Geary books now- or at least get the short story on Kindle. I like those "chic-lit" books. They are right up my alley these days. The Winter Sea book sounds interesting- do you recommend? Thanks for letting me know about the books.

Reyanna and baby, I am glad your mom is feeling better. So surprising right? And you are flying home soon too right?

Hi Angela! Loved pics of Grace on FB. It looks like she was having fun in the yard.

Hi Amber & twins. Big announcement on FB today? I will have to check. But we already know. I like it.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

I didn't know! That is what happens when I don't keep up. Boohooo.

Congrats Amber! AWESOME! Do twins run in your family?

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 05-17-11 01:15 PM

Hi Ladies!
The cat is out of the bag now! It actually feels good not to have to keep that secret anymore.

Angela - thank you for the good wishes! I have a feeling I am going to stay a nervous nellie until I hear two healthy cries in November.

Kitty - I have no idea what a Roku is! I feel the need to google.

Reya - so glad your mom is improving! I would also like to say "Hat's off to you!" for waiting to find out the sex of the baby. I am chomping at the bit to find out what I am having!

Vikki - I forgot you guys might be moving back to Chi-town soon! How exciting!

Louisa - well, that is a loaded question! Because, yes, my mother has twin cousins but we had been trying for a very long time and were going through fertility treatments. The treatment that finally worked for us was Femara + IUI. The drug Femara is statistically much less likely to produce multiples than Clomid (the drug I started out on and took for 3 cycles with no luck). I was also being closely monitored via ultrasound and I only had one mature egg on the cycle that worked. Now it is possible that there was a smaller, second egg that caught up before the procedure or it is possible that the fertilized egg split. All we know right now is that the two babies are in their own sac which is a very good thing. We can try to find out after they are born if they are identical (1 egg that split) or fraternal (2 eggs). Or if we find out that one is a boy and one is a girl we will know then that they are fraternal.

WHEW! Sorry for that novel. It is probably more than you wanted to know. Also John isn't terribly comfortable with everyone knowing how our babies came to be, so this is just between us

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to MrsVo

Hey, all.

I had to google roku, but I think I saw it advertised with a netflix movie flyer before. I'm clueless about it. You'll have to tell us about it, Kitty, if you get it. I downloaded the short stories you mentioned. I always like to hear about what everyone is reading. I am in a book club now! a book club of two that doesn't get to meet in person. Ha! My very good friend from high school who now lives 90 miles away suggested we do it. But I really wish we could get together with food and chat once a month. So I just read a Maeve Binchy book- Circle of Friends. It was nice...hers are always enjoyable reads. But not near as compelling as Outlander, Kitty. I will have to pick something more intriguing next time.

Bless your heart, Amber.

I'll be back later. Gotta go to bed.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Hi!
Gosh, the weather is just awesome these days. Remember when I was complaining it was -17 degrees just about 5 mos ago? I cannot wait until I can start running outside now.

Amber, your secret is safe with me Lots of couples have trouble. Not a big deal. It's just what it is. I am having trouble getting pregnant too. But I think it's because I am old. OK, maybe not. Anyway- I think the twins will be healthy and you will be a happy mom.

Angela, I like it a virtual book club! I wonder if we could do that. That would be so fun. And then maybe we will have to meet in Real Life.

Someday we will all meet ya know...it's just inevitable!
Hi Louisa, Kitty, and Reyanna

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 05-19-11 05:20 AM
In response to ScrapperV

Thanks Angela

Vikki - You are not old!! And there are so many different reasons why it can be difficult it is mind blowing. John and I started "not not trying" in November after we got married, so 4.5 years ago but we didn't start seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist until last July. And after my initial consult in July I was freaked out by the possibility of multiples so I didn't actually start on a treatment plan until October of last year. If you have any questions about exactly what my protocal was or just want to chat about IF, just PM me. I know it can be hard and lonely too.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to MrsVo

LONGEST week ever! Wait, did I say that last week? Happy Friday Eve! Woohoo! The week is almost over! (Hmmm... is it starting to look like I'm just the teeniest bit burned out at work? )

Anyway, I'll second Amber: Vikki, you are NOT old! But I can't comment on the rest. I always say I'm not entitled to any sort of thoughts or opinions about kids - or having them - but... I have a strong feeling that everything happens for a reason, so when the time is right, I'm sure it will happen for you.

But there's nothing wrong with *not* having kids, either... right? Right?! No, seriously... I know it's not my destiny, or even my desire, but sometimes I do feel a bit like I'm "not normal". Hmmm... now that I think about it, it's not just the "not having kids" thing. I suppose I've never really been normal.

Angela, I'll let you know if we get the Roku... very much still undecided. The people that have it make it sound like you can't live without it... and yet, we have way more TV programs than I can keep up with, just with DirecTV. And I know Rocky doesn't want to get rid of the satellite. I guess the deciding factor will be if Rocky runs out of shows when summer comes and all the regular programs go on hiatus.

Vikki, I can understand the nice "unthinking" books thing. I definitely need those now and then. My mom likes a lot of the cozy mysteries, so I'm letting her buy those for us. Her latest is an embroidery mystery series by Amanda Lee. I've read the first one... not bad, solid 3 out of 5 stars, but not a "must read".

Winter Sea... I'll have to get back to you on that. Serious potential, but I don't want to recommend it just yet. It's going to depend where she goes with this story line.

Amber, I can't imagine being able to keep a secret like that. I think if I was expecting, I'd have trouble not mentioning it to everyone, every chance I got. I'm glad you can share your joy now.

Louisa, can you share just maybe one teensy little cruise tidbit? Was it really wonderful? Any first-time experiences? Actually, that oatmeal cookie martini was probably a first, huh? I must admit to being a little curious about that, too, though I can't imagine that I'd ever try it. Any other unusual beverages this trip? Did you take lots of pix? Did hubby take lots of pics of you with frosty frozen beverages?

Reyanna, you'll have to let me know what you think of Jane Eyre. Definitely my favorite classic... well, that and Dracula. (How's that for a pair? )

Okay, gotta go. Still another day of work to get through. But the weekend's almost here!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

FIF Sweet!

Kitty, I enjoyed your post, I don't know why, it just did! And it's completely normal not to have kids, don't think differently. Kids are a big step- and it's just not for everyone. When I was in high school and college I never wanted kids, I really didn't, but now things have changed. And I agree with you if things are meant to be, they will be.
OK, let me know how Winter Sea is, and if you like it, I will add it to my reserved list at the library, otherwise, I will forget it.

Amber, OK, I may not be old- 34 isn't super old, but it's old when you want to start a family. And my problem are weight issues- or lack of weight. I can't help it. Anyway, if i do start any sort of treatments (fertility etc) I just may come to you! I have a lot of friends who have gone through a lot of treatments. Modern medicine is amazing, but scary at the same time.

Where's Louisa....? She disappeared again.

Hi Angela and Reyanna.
Happy Friday

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

Hi girls! Long work week. First 40 hour week in over a month! LOL! Vacation mode is out. (Well, I am in the process of booking next year's cruise!)

Okay, 14 night cruise: The weather was not so good the first week. It is the most rain I have encountered on a cruise. The second week was wonderful! It was all of our new stops: Grenada, Aruba, Curacao and last Bonaire. Bonaire is known for the best snorkeling spot. It was great. It was our last stop and the camera got ruined! We had it in the water bag underwater but had to change the batteries and then went back in the water and water filled up in the camera bag. BUT....my pictures were safe.

Some Celebrity ships have a Martini Bar. We went there 6 nights. I tried lots of new martinis: Almond Joy (very good), the Oatmeal Cookie was made for my husband the second time and he got it every time after. The second to the last night, I had a Raspberry Mochachinno Martini! So very good. I got it the last night too. The bartender was nice enough to write the recipe for us. My hubby has made them both and they taste just like on the cruise.

I got bit by a small fish in Curacao. I ws just trying to get in the water and was only knee deep and apparantly that is where they hang out. I guess I was very loud (screaming) and the "whole beach heard me" according to my husband! I was even bleeding! LOL! My husband took pictures of me having a fit about the fish! (I will NOT be posting those anywhere on the internet)

My favorite island stop this year was Grenada. It was an awesome day. Probably because it was the first day it did not rain. We had a tour and the island is beautiful. We went to a waterfall, a museum with a lake, fed some monkeys, went to a rum factory and sampled rum and then we were dropped off at the beach. It was the first time of the trip I was able to get into the Caribbean water! We saw a full circle rainbow that day too.

I will try and work on posting some pictures on FB this weekend.

Happy weekend.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Yeah Louisa!! It sounds like you had a wonderful cruise! That's great to hear.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 05-20-11 12:39 PM
In response to ScrapperV

Yes I agree, Louisa, your cruise sounds awesome!! Especially the martini bar!

Kitty - I think it is now impossible to "hide the joy" LOL. I've really popped this week. I knew I would be bigger with twins, but I really think I already look about 6 months along when I'm really only 3. I even had someone ask, "Are you sure there are only two in there??"

Vikki - I'm glad you have some people around you that have been through it. And of course I'm always here to lend an ear too It really is amazing the things they can do now!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to MrsVo

Whoa, did anyone else have some nasty weather over the weekend? We had some crazy weather on Sunday. It went from sunny to rain to tornado to sun again all day long! There was a tornado that touched down in Minneapolis- North side. So about 25 miles from where I live. Greg and I were at the library watching the weather changes and trying to study.

Crazy day!
How was everyone's weekend? Last 2 weeks of work left which is awesome! And only 5 more days of getting up at 4:30AM. Can you tell I am counting these days.

Happy Monday!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

Vikki - thanks for posting! Stopping by on my lunch break, just to make sure you're okay. Scary tornado news! Gosh, the weather has just been wicked this year. We had rain and thunder this morning, chance of tornadoes, but I don't think anything materialized. It's just cloudy right now... chance for ugly weather every day on the 10-day forecast. Don't move here for the sunshine.

Louisa, thanks for the cruise details! I meant to check in this weekend, and, well... no excuse.

Mostly I just got caught up in a book. Vikki - yes, I can recommend The Winter Sea. It took me just a little while to get into it, but I eventually got hooked and LOVED the rest of it.

Hugs to everybody! Gotta get back to work.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Thanks Kitty, I will add it to my list of 40 other books on reserve. If only I could read faster.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 05-23-11 11:27 AM
In response to ScrapperV

Oh goodness Vikki that is too close for comfort! I'm glad you are ok! We had some bad weather about 4am. I know because Einstein freaked out + the power went out so it got hot in the house. Needless to say I'm ready for an afternoon nap!!

Hi Kitty! Our 10-day is very similar right now. Booo!!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to MrsVo

Thanks girls- honestly, these people had no warning whatsoever in MN- and the weather became fierce really quick. If it hit where Greg and I were I don't know what we would do. I cannot believe the tornado in Missouri- so sad.

6 more days of work!
I am not happy or anything right?

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to ScrapperV

Hey Ladies!

I had an appt yesterday, and everything is still perfect! Baby is moving, adjusting and kicking A LOT lately, and I actually feel very bruised and sore on the inside of my belly. It's making it difficult to bend over and lie on my side (which is the only way I CAN lay down) because of the pain. That is just weird. LOL. But I still love feeling the baby. So fun. I can't believe I only have about NINE weeks left. Crazy talk.

I made the crib skirt for the baby's room! I love how it turned out... I just sat in there and stared at it. I also worked on some art too. (Kitty, you will LOVE the art I'm doing for the room... wink, wink.) I'll update my blog as I go.

Louisa, thank you so much for the cruise details! How fun! I really think that if I went on a cruise, I'd be one of those people who could *feel* the ship rocking the whole time. LOL. I'm so sensitive. But I still would love to try out a cruise sometime! Maybe we'll start with a 4-day one or something!

Amber, I'm seven months along now, and I've grown 13 inches around my tummy. I think it's fun to keep track. LOL. I'd love to know how many inches you grow too. I "popped" early too... and I'm not even having twins! But TONS of people asked me at first! LOL I think I look normal now... but friends (and strangers...) tell me I look "small," which I think is hilarious because I am NOT small. Okay, the rest of my body is small, but NOT my belly. And I have my sister to compare with. I'm pretty sure I'm three more inches than she is at the moment.

Kitty, loved your posts! Right now, I'm reading: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (quite the page-turner ), What to Expect When You're Expecting (of course), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (again). Oh! And Jane Eyre. I guess I won't get bored... I need someone to remind me to SIT DOWN, RELAX and READ during the day. Do you think you can call and remind me?

Today was actually good... I made sure to do a project while sitting down, then some chores while standing up, then a project (or reading blogs) while sitting down, then some chores while standing up, etc. Plus, I got in a walk w/ the pups because I slept through yoga. Oops. Not only does this all keep me busy, but it keeps me MOVING, so I don't get too many Braxton Hicks or swelling.

Vikki, I feel old too... I mean, regarding starting a family. Shaina (my sister) is 28 and on her FOURTH. And most my friends here in Austin... they all have 2-4 kids already, and they are around my age. Ah well. We'll take it one child at a time and see how it goes! Hooray for six more days of work! You must be STOKED! And I agree... these tornadoes are all devastating! We've had warnings here, and we did while I was in CO too. Thank God everything is safe here for now. (It was in the 90s today!)

Angela, you know... every time I think about doing yardwork or gardening, I think of you! I'm hoping we can do some this Saturday. I want our front yard to look decent before my baby shower (June 11th). We need to replenish our mulch, add some shrubs and flowers, and perhaps throw down some grass seed. We'll see how it goes. I also need to sell some stuff on ebay to pay for said landscaping supplies. Tee hee. How's your garden doing? What are you growing now? Jeremy said a few nights ago that he wants to grow tomatoes. He LOVES tomatoes. LOVES them. We MUST have them in the house at all times. LOL. So I think it will actually be great to grow our own.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Ohmigosh, that's a lot of smilies! I think there's like... 26 of them! That may be a new record for me.

just sayin...

Edited by reyasunshine on 05-24-11 08:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Had to check in on everyone. I've seen all our states mentioned in the weather news the past couple of days. How rare is that. I've thought about and whispered a prayer for each of you. We finally got some rain....we've been nothing but dry for what seems like ever. Our grass is brown and we have a big yard - can't water it. We also had our own tornado warning in our county and some hail. I've always been terrified of tornadoes, but with these recently devastating ones in the news make me even more nervous. I cry if I watch too much of the news and David 'makes me' turn it off. He took me fabric shopping today while my folks watched G and we drove home through a downpour and a tornado warning. Having a child dependent on you makes thinking of not making it home so much scarier. We would be the couple to fly on separate flights if we could ever be pried away from Grace.

Reyanna, good to hear your excellent baby news. Except the sore part. But so good to hear that s/he is active and letting you know everything is good. (I actually typed she and had to correct - hmmm...maybe just because I had a she tho. )

Amber, hope you and yours are doing well too. I saw the weather system coming thru Memphis and heading for you.

Kitty, Vikki, Louisa, I love y'all too. I've spent too much time here tho. Gotta go check on the Daddy and baby.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Happy Friday Girls! FIF.
Thank goodness, 4 more days of work and then I am done. Get me outta here....

Reyanna, I liked reading your post! I feel caught up with you finally. And I am glad everything is going well with Baby Klein. I don't think you are old to start a family- not at all. You might be at the perfect age! I think you will be OK. I take it your art work may have a Disney theme to it, perhaps ;)?

Angela, crazy weather huh? I watch for all our states too these days- whenever I hear about a state that is getting some weather- where one of lives, my ears perk up and then I want to make sure that person is OK! What did you get at the fabric store- anything fun? I always like going to look at fabric- so many fun colors and such. If only I could sew!

Hi Louisa, Amber + 2, and Kitty!
What's everyone doing this Memorial Day weekend?

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

Gosh, glad you are all okay. Bad weather and Vikki, wow that is so close!

Reyanna, I am happy your pregnancy is going well. You are not old. LOL!

Vikki, where are you going? Vacation?

Kitty,glad you are enjoying your Kindle. I haven't read any books lately. I took one with me on my cruise and never touched it.

Amber, when is your due date?

No big plans this weekend. It is sunny now at 0700. I am going to get my workout in and we have a boat ride along the harbor this morning. I will let you know how it goes.

Happy weekend!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Louisa- I am done with my job in 4 days! Yahoo. Is this better than vacation? I am not sure. But I am happy. My job has been dragging me down lately so I am doing something about it. Life is too short!

Love your new profile picture! You look like you are in heaven!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

I didn't know you quit! Good for you. If you aren't happy there, at least you are doing something about it. Wow.

Thanks for the compliment.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Happy Sunday Girls! I hope everyone is having a good day. Our weather has been insane lately- we are expecting big storms tonight. Typical. At least my herbs and flowers will be watered or blown away for that matter!

Louisa- yeah I decided to quit about a month ago and gave my notice then. I also got a new boss about a week or so ago and we're not clicking. And I have decided to take charge of my destiny and MOVE ON. At least Greg has a very good job so I am able to do this. I will find something that better suits me.

Angela, I am with Reyanna (I think she said this) about planting- and how it makes me think of you. I planted my flowers and herbs Thursday, and can't wait for them to start growing. I will be making pesto very soon with all my basil!

Hi Kitty, Amber + 2, and Reyanna + 1. Have a great day!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

• cruiselover Said:

Kitty,glad you are enjoying your Kindle. I haven't read any books lately. I took one with me on my cruise and never touched it.

Louisa, maybe it shouldn't, but this comment just totally amazes me, and makes me more curious about taking a cruise. Honestly, even though I did actually want to try a cruise someday, I assumed that there would be a LOT of "downtime", just time when there really isn't all that much to do but lie around and read (not that that is a bad thing). Now, I might be a more avid (obsessed) reader than you (I *know* there would be at least a tiny bit of reading), but it still sounds like you must keep pretty busy the whole time. I know you often cruise with another couple. Out of curiosity, do you think you would have picked up your book if it was just you and hubby? Do you stay busy even when you're "out at sea"? (And I love your new profile pic, too. )

Vikki, I'm thrilled (and a teeny bit jealous) of your "only 4 more days". You'll have to keep us posted on what lies ahead for you.

Angela, sorry about your brown grass. We don't have that problem. (Rain, clouds, rain, clouds... oooo, tiny bit of blue sky!... rain, clouds, more rain, more clouds...) And while I can't share your baby concerns, I do understand your weather fear. Rocky thinks I'm a bit too paranoid about tornadoes. After these last couple of weeks, I don't think he's paranoid enough.

We bought a weather radio a couple of years ago, but apparently we're not bright enough to figure the darn thing out. Either that, or simply won't do what we want it to. I very much want to set it up so it only goes off if the sirens in our area go off. (Very hard to hear at home - I'm pretty certain we'd sleep through them.) However, it seems that when it's on, it has to warn us constantly about any tiny threat of nasty weather. It would be impossible to get any sleep with it on. So it's not even plugged in right now.

Reyanna, I loved your 26 smileys, and your wonderfully long post! I can't wait to see the artwork in baby's room! Are you going to do any hidden ºoº ?

Books... I wish J.K. Rowling would give in, and allow her books to be digitized. I always had every intention of reading all the Harry Potter books, but I'm so addicted to my Kindle that I can't imagine picking up a paper book anymore (let alone seven of them).

I just started the Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. It's the first in a trilogy that everyone is talking about, movie in the works. It's another young adult series, but gosh, it's depressing! Kids being forced to fight each other to the death? I was curious, but it remains to be seen if I can get through it. I probably need to set it aside and look for something happier right now.

Hi Amber. Power outages - total bummer. We've been pretty lucky (knock on wood) - most of our power outages seem to be in the winter. The idea of it getting too cold is scary, but at least we can bundle up with blankets. If it gets too hot, there's not as much you can do to cool off.

I hope everyone's having a nice weekend! I am. Work pretty well sucks right now, but I'm trying not to think of that 4-letter word, and just enjoy a much-needed three-day break.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Happy Monday - Oh I mean Tuesday! It still feels like Monday though.

Louisa, I am with Kitty, you didn't pick up the book once??
Kitty, I have been on several cruises and I have finished several books on these cruises- so it's not uncommon.
Maybe Louisa was just wild and crazy!! Did you join in any of those pool games on the cruise? I did, a belly flop contest, but not intentional. Those were my wild and crazy days. I have relaxed a bit these days. HA!!

Kitty, so Hungry Games is violent? Mmmm, should I start it? Is it worth it? I heard a lot of good things about the series. You let me know, will you? I finished The Secret Lives of Dresses over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hi Angela, Reyanna, and Amber! Hope you girls are doing OK!

I want this week to get over FAST!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

• ScrapperV Said:

Kitty, so Hungry Games is violent? Mmmm, should I start it? Is it worth it? I heard a lot of good things about the series. You let me know, will you? I finished The Secret Lives of Dresses over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well, violent really isn't the right word. The premise is very disturbing - teenagers forced to fight to the death. But it's supposed to be disturbing. Our world has fallen apart - most people live in great poverty, many starving to death. The government makes a huge production of these Hunger Games - 24 teenagers forced to fight until only one is still alive. And it's all televised, for the whole world to watch. It's one of the ways they keep people in line - a reminder that the last time they tried to rebel against the government, it didn't go well.

However, it's a young adult book. It doesn't go into really gory detail - sort of like a PG war movie, instead of an R, if that makes sense. And it's a pretty fast, easy read. And, I must confess that I'm sort of hooked now. I'll have to let you know if I thought it was worth it, once I finish.

I'm curious about the Secret Life of Dresses. I'll have to add it to my list.

I hope everyone is enjoying the short week!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Kitty, I think I might have to check out Hunger Games. It's becoming a movie too. I just hope I won't become obsessed with it though- not like I was with Twilight which has subsided a bit. Isn't it funny how old we are- in our 30s and we're still reading "kids" books?? As our thread is called, Kids @ Heart! It definitely describes us.

Hi Reyanna, Louisa, Amber, and Angela!! Happy Wednesday.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Hi all!

Vikki, yeah, I won't be reading The Hunger Games books. Seems much too violent and disturbing for me. Although... I think Jeremy would really like them. I may buy them for our Kindle, so he can read them. And I *may* see the movie! LOL.

Kitty, no Hidden Mickeys. Just a bunch of "out in the open" Mickeys! Tee hee. Let's just say that this:

http://pinterest.com/pin/13812576/

... inspired me to create some cheap and easy Mickey art. I'm also doing a Mickey mobile. Gosh, I should get on that! Then again... I'd like to save that project till my last month of pregnancy, where I can barely move and need some *sitting down* projects.

And I did finish my take on the above Mickey art... framed and everything! I LOVE how it turned out! I would SOOOOO take more photos if I knew how to use our DSLR. I'm kinda sick of my point&shoot right now. Ack. I think part of it stems from a friend of mine who told me that my pictures aren't that good. *sigh* I'm much too sensitive for people to tell me that. So... I stopped taking photos. Horrible, really.

Louisa, well, okay... I may not *be* that old, but I *feel* old as I'm having my first. I mean, let's say we decide we want four kids... I have to get crackin' , so I'm not forty and still having children. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just don't think *my* body would handle that well. Just sayin.

Angela, it's funny how some people catch themselves calling our baby "he" or "she." But usually it depends on what they have or *are* having. I used to call it a "he," but now I just say, "the baby." I have caught myself calling the baby "it," but I don't like that. I really can't wait till baby gets here, so I can assign a pronoun!

And yes, our grass is brown too! We're in a drought right now, so Jeremy doesn't want us to water. Our city says we can water twice a week, but Jeremy still would rather not. I understand that... but man, our yard is UGLY. I feel like it's the eyesore of the neighborhood.

Amber, how are you? Are you feeling okay? Be sure to stretch a lot... butterfly, cat stretch, squats, etc. And be sure to do your pelvic rocks (on all fours or standing against a wall). This helps SOOOOO much! And I'm not carrying twins, so I know with twins, you get really sore... and faster. When I stretch and walk, I feel SOOOO much better. I have to make sure and do that every day.

Well, all. I better go. I've been lazy today... only done a few things. I should do something else productive. Or maybe I should plan dinner, since it's 7:30pm.

Edited by reyasunshine on 06-01-11 04:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Last day of work... Last day of work...Last day of work... I can't help feeling excited.

I will be back to catch up soon.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to ScrapperV

WOOHOO!

I'm excited for you, Vikki!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Glad for you, Vikki!

Well, I was trying for a visit. But David just pointed out that I better get a shower if I want one. Ha! A decent shower is a luxury so I gotta go.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Hello girls! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Vikki and Kitty, my friend actually went through 2 books on the cruise. She read a lot. There is plenty of things to do but also you have plenty of time to read too. I was just too lazy to pick up my book.

Kitty, if it was just me and hubby, i probably would have picked up the book. I have read on the cruises before. We wouldn't be taking a two week cruise if we didn't meet the other couple and cruise with them. They are fun and all four of us love cruising and the Caribbean islands. The two boys have so much fun being goofy together. Plus, we only see them once a year and a week goes by so fast. Next year, we are doing another 14 night cruise. We already booked it!

Reyanna, goodness, four kids? Really? That is a lot! Good thing you are on your way. You will be a great mother!

Amber, how are things going with you? Are you busy with weddings and photo shoots this summer?

Vikki, congrats on your last day! What a feeling to be able to say goodbye to a job you don't care for. I have been there! (I like my job now despite the stress going on a work with the layoffs.) The morale right now is real low and some days are really tough for me but for us all. I have made a lot of wonderful friends at my current work. Friends for a lifetime, not just co-worker friends.

Angela, glad you chose to take a shower rather than write to us! I would have done the same thing! Are you doing something special for Father's Day? It is two more weeks! Yikes!

I better get going. I have a lot to do on my to-do list today. I have Sundays to myself again, DH's schedule changed and he is working today. I like having Sundays to myself!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Hi Angela. I can't even begin to imagine how you find time to visit here at all, so I'm glad to see even your short posts. I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I'm in awe of mothers. I really do believe that it's the most challenging job ever, so kudos to anyone who has the patience.

Vikki, YAY for no more work! (I won't mention how jealous I am.)

Reyanna, you said you might buy The Hunger Games so Jeremy can read it on you Kindle. You *share* your Kindle?!! I'll occasionally read out loud to Rocky, but he ain't touching my Kindle.

That link you sent - oh yeah, that's going to be awesome with Mickeys! Gosh, I really need to work on decorating my scrap room / office. Of course, I think my creative mojo has taken quite the extended vacation. (At least, I hope it's only a vacation.)

Vikki, I see nothing wrong with reading young adult books. On the other hand, I see nothing wrong with going to Walt Disney World every year, without kids. Ummm... yeah... looks like our thread name certainly fits me, at least.

Speaking of our thread... I keep wondering if SB.com will let us keep it forever. From the looks of it, we're pretty much the only ones using this entire forum - "Active but Full Swaps"...

which leads to another question: my hubby is convinced that scrapbooking is seriously dieing, and I'm finally beginning to wonder if he's right. Obviously it isn't completely dead, but all the smaller scrap stores in our area have closed or are closing - just Archivers left. And they entirely eliminated the scrap shelves at our huge Wal-Mart super store. I'm a bit out of the loop, so maybe it only looks that way to me. I slowed WAY down mostly because of the economy. When I stopped getting the magazines and buying new supplies, I think some (okay, a LOT) of the fun was taken out of it. I'm sure I still have enough paper to create a hundred (or more? ) layouts, but I just can't seem to make myself actually work with what I've got.

However, I really always intended to come back to it someday. I didn't mean to give it up altogether. And it's not like any other crafty thing has taken its place. I've had other crafty hobbies, but none that hooked me like scrapbooking did. I hope it isn't dead.

Okay, I have to get back to that Amazon sale. It's terrible, but Amazon has over 600 e-books on sale right now - Sunshine Deals - and some of these deals are too good to pass up, even though I probably already have enough e-books to keep reading for the rest of my life. (Although, Angela, there is some question if you'll still be able to read Kindle books on Apple devices after June 30th. E-mail me if you're curious and don't know what I'm talking about.)

Hi Amber plus 2! Hi Louisa!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Louisa, I think it's awesome that you've found friends to cruise with. I sometimes wish Rocky and I had another couple we could do things with. I know Rocky likes being a hermit, and most of the time I'm okay with it... but I think we'd both benefit from something like that.

And there's nothing wrong with *not* reading. It sounds like you do keep pretty busy on the cruises, but maybe you're also better at relaxing than I am. I can't sit down to breakfast without picking up the cereal box to read it. On vacation, I don't carry the Kindle with me when go to the parks (Rocky won't let me, LOL), but by the time we reach our destination after riding on a Disney bus, I can pretty much recite every one of the "ads" they have plastered around the top of the bus.

Good luck with your Sunday to-do list! I hope it includes some fun things!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

It's 101 degrees right now....it's a hot one today.

Kitty, I have some thoughts about your comments about scrapbooking. I will have to put my words in sentences now. I will check-in later.

Edited by ScrapperV on 06-07-11 12:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 06-07-11 12:34 PM

Hey Ladies!! Sorry for being away so long - I went on a girl's trip for my best friend's 30th birthday. It was fun but catching up has been killing me!

I had a Drs appointment right before we left and the ultrasound tech was nice enough to guess the sex of the babies - two girls! She's not 100% though so we should know for sure at our next appointment. I hope at least one of them remains a girl, LOL!

Let's see where do I start??

Vikki - congrats on being freed from your job!! I too am jealous.

Reya - love the art - bet it is even cuter with Mickey! I haven't been measuring my belly. Not sure I want to know.

Louisa - I think John and I might have enjoyed our cruise more if we had been with friends. My dad keeps talking about wanting to do a family cruise and I can see enjoying that!

Kitty - Scrapbooking has been fizzling out around here too We don't even have an Archiver's so our choices are limited to JoAnne's, Michael's or Hobby Lobby. It makes me so sad!!

Hi Angela! I agree - showers are fabulous and must be taken when the opportunity presents itself! HA!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to MrsVo

Hey, all! I guess I'm about a once-a-weeker here. We took G on her longest drive ever, and the most driving ever in one day and she did pretty good. I found a neat idea online involving a pillow, cookie sheet, hot glue gun and magnets. She enjoyed that for the better part of an hour during the three hour drive. Six hours in the car with a 21 month old - that's brave!

Kitty! I don't know how Moms do it either. I only have one and I can't keep up. And now I've started a new project. I'm not sure if it'll work out, but maybe it'll inspire me to work harder. Reyanna, replied to an email I sent and said I could blog about G's cardboard 'tent' and I had been thinking about it. Sorry, Reyanna, I never did respond to your email (except in my head many times). So.... I'm going to give it a shot. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a header, etc. But I blogged here: http://simplewhims.blogspot.com/ I'm not including G's face or name....not sure if I'll decide otherwise later. The blogs I love to read, I love their photos of their kids, but then I don't want G posted all over the web with links, etc. So.....

Reyanna, your blog is fabulous. I imagine that person who made the comment has some insecurities of his/her own. Blah to them. You keep on doing what makes you happy. You are getting so close to baby time!! Yay!! I can't wait to see your photos. And since your hubby does photos, you can relax and let him worry with that. So great. I stressed so much over whether I was properly photographing G - seems mostly ridiculous now.

Amber, maybe girls!! Eeeeeeeeeeeee! So Much Fun! And your hubby takes photos, so you are in luck too! Yay! I never came back and commented, but we had a little help getting G after our losses. After all the testing,etc, we managed with just Clomid and monitoring (blah!) thankfully, but goodness is all that stressful. So I feel for you. I'm sure you are well on your way to leaving that stress behind.

Vikki, so hot! It's hot here too and still very dry. So...enjoying some happy, free time? Or are you actively seeking work? The Toni Weschler book is very good, if you are interested it's a good place to start. You aren't too old, but it is easier in the twenties for most women. Ah, well. I'll be 36 this year and trying again.

Louisa, you are beautiful in your new cruise pics! G and I have completed 6 of the 30 day shreds. I bought level one thru Amazon downloads. Thanks for the advice. The first time G screamed and cried thru the last half. Now she mostly likes it. At the end she doesn't like me going from standing to the floor. I think because she's ready to stop. Ha! I have got to work on Father's Day. We'll probably make D another lemon pie and some artwork. A day to yourself, sounds so nice!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Angela, I love your new blog! Unfortunately, I've tried everything I can think of, but the darn thing will *not* let me leave a comment. I'm logged into my Google account, and I even became a "follower" (whatever that means, LOL).

I'm so out of touch with all this social network stuff. I have a friend who's now tweeting. These things are like constant! I can't remember to check into FB on any kind of regular basis, and I only have something like 50 friends (almost half of which I'd probably "unfriend", if I didn't feel so guilty). How do I keep up?

It's terrible, but I'm beginning to wish I had either a smart phone, or a tablet (iPad thingy). Maybe if I could sit on the couch in the evenings, or check it to and from work, maybe I could keep up? And I'm going to go crazy on our next vacation, knowing that all the other Disney people are planning, and gathering, and talking (even talking about *me*), but I won't have any way to know what's going on, short of seeing them in person. My laptop is officially dead, so that's no longer an option. But I just can't justify some insane monthly 3G bill, for something that I'm just not sure how much I'd use. Angela, has the iPad changed your life? What about your iPhone, Vikki?

Amber, I am so excited for you! You know, I have an old friend (known her and her family since I was five) who has twins. It seems to me that - aside from the twins thing - you and she have a bit in common. She's always been the go-getter, doing a million things at once (and doing all of them well). She's an amazing mom, raising two absolutely perfect little kids, so I have no doubt that you're going to be exactly the same way.

Vikki, 101º?!! Wow - I thought we were warm with mid-90's. Is it humid there? We're pretty sticky here. But honestly, I am so glad that it's not cold and snowy. I'll take the humidity - especially when it comes with blue skies.

And regarding scrapbooking... I looked at both Wal-Mart, and our nice big Giant Eagle recently, trying to find a copy of Cardmaker magazine, hoping that a magazine might help me get my mojo back, and knowing that I need to make some cards. Not only could I not find this magazine, but I found only ONE scrapbook magazine at Wal-Mart (one copy - not just one type), and it was buried under a pile of other magazines. Giant Eagle had none. Both stores have a pretty decent mag collection. This is not a good sign for our hobby.

Hi Louisa! Hi Reyanna!

Okay, that's all I've got today. I managed to get most of my chores done. Now I'm just hoping that the sun comes out so I can sit on the deck a bit. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Kitty, I think Blogger is having some issues. I can't get it to let me fix my profile. Blah. Thanks for looking. Don't worry about keeping up with the blog either. It's more of an outlet...I haven't even told family yet. Not sure if I'll keep it up. But I thought I'd give it a shot. And, no, the iPad hasn't changed my life. But I don't have 3G. It does allow me to sneak on the internet while I'm cleaning the kitchen and G is in the living room watching Elmo. Right now as I am at the computer she is crawling all over me.

Kitty, I really haven't noticed the falling of sbing popularity. I didn't know we were the only ones using the Swap Forum. How weird that feels. I too have a bunch of paper that I need to use and I don't have the money to buy more. We've never really had an LSS, but one opened a couple of years ago and then added quilting stuff to half her store. Which is awesome! But brand name quilting fabrics are expensive and going up in price. And now I'm rambling. Scrapbooking will never really die, I am sure. But it sure is nice to be able to easily find fun, new products. I hope that the news folks that say we are headed for a great, great depression are wrong. But I do have a few extra bags of dried beans in my pantry. :P

Vikki and Reyanna(?) y'all mentioned gardening before. G and I have tried to do some vegetable gardening, but the unusually high temps and dry conditions have not been good for us. We have kept our tomatoes watered though. I'm hoping we'll soon have some. My parents have a nice garden that has done well, so we've been mooching off of them.

We made a dutch baby for breakfast this morning. It was pretty good.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

HI ladies!

I do miss scrapbooking. I really do. Maybe it is dying a bit. I have two groups here, you and another group. But I haven't been coming here very often.

What do you think of starting a group on FB, just "US" here? As far as I know, we can make it private and nobody can see our posts. I am in a group there and it's private. (It's an exercise (Turbo Fire) group)

Amber! Two girls! Wow! How exciting. Are you still doing weddings?

Angela, What is a dutch baby? It sounds like a big giant pastry thingie and i bet I would LOVE it! LOL!
Also, I will have to check out your blog.
Poor G not wanting to finish the workout! That is so darn cute! But, I bet she will get used to it and like it more and think it's "fun". It is nice spending time with her that way.
(Thanks for the compliment)

Yes, I agree being a mother is very HARD and I don't know how moms do it, especially with more than one!

Kitty! I think an iPad might be the way to go. I do not have a smart phone. Hubby and I don't want the extra bill each month. I just got an iPod and I LOVE it! (It was a gift) I love it so much I said I wanted an iPhone but i don't really need it. We would each have to get a data plan and that is 30.00 a month for EACH phone. I would rather spend 60.00 on something else. (But that is just us because we are frugal and we don't feel it's a neccessity) I take my iPod with me in my purse and lots of places have WiFi now.

Vikki, how is your "vacation" going? It was so cute the day you posted a picture of your legs/feet by the pool. You looked a little "pink". I hope you didn't get sunburned. Also, 101 is just crazy! Weird weather. We got to mid 70s today. We haven't had Hot or extreme weather yet.

Reyanna, you are so darn cute with your pregnant belly! I can't believe the perfect round belly! You look ready to burst. Can't wait to see your little one.

So, Vikki will be next.....Vikki, are you pregnant yet?

Me and Kitty will be the only two left that are "kid-less" from our Kids at Heart group. I think I told you gals that I won't be having kids.

Two more days is hubby's birthday. I bought him a card! I don't remember the last time I bought him a birthday card. I usually make one.

Like I said, I really do miss scrapbooking. I just can't find the motivation to get upstairs and do something about it! I just need to do it! I should just pick up a magazine and scraplift it! How easy is that?

Take care girlies. Let me know if you want to start a FB group. It would be private and we can chat this way.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

I created the group. I didn't realize it's so easy. It is PRIVATE.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 06-17-11 11:56 AM

So does this mean our thread here is officially kaput? I cant get on FB at work + I have a hard time keeping up with the groups. Hopefully since there aren't as many of us in it than my other groups it will be more manageable.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to MrsVo

• MrsVo Said:
So does this mean our thread here is officially kaput? I cant get on FB at work + I have a hard time keeping up with the groups. Hopefully since there aren't as many of us in it than my other groups it will be more manageable.

I don't know, Amber, but my guess is "yes". I know what you mean, having trouble keeping up, but I also understand why we moved. It seems that everybody, everywhere, is moving to FB. And most of us hardly scrap any more.

The only way I keep up with *this* thread was that SB.com sends me an e-mail every time someone posts here. Is there a way to get FB to only send you a note about Kids at Heart, and not anything else? I have no idea. I'm still lost on FB. But I'm headed there next, to try and find *some* of what I'm missing there.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Well, Amber, I still check in here... but it does seem like FB is easier for everyone. But I totally understand about not getting on FB at work.

Besides, we can do MUCH longer posts here!

And yes, Kitty, you can set up your FB, so you're JUST getting those emails! I just did it the other day, actually. I'll try to remember how I did it, and let you know!

Page 35 of 35 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics