Page 2 of 91 
Username Post: Scissor Sisters CG - ***Full and Active!!***        (Topic#1436719)
TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Chasity Grace

uh huh - Amber knows I have 4. I have a little black pug - he's my rotten boy. He's the one pressing ham against my leg. And really - Audrey is the only one who snores like a beast. But she snores loud enough for all 4 of them. So much for a prim little show girl!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to TxAllieGrl

OMG!!!!!!!!!! AUBURN BEAT FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda
In response to Taterdawg

WOWZA...Auburn beat Florida?!?!?!?!

Allie- I LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Chas...will find some stuff to submit!

Alright...well it is 1am here and I am still wide awake...was going to pull out scrappy stuff, but decided against it this late at night...so I used up some iTunes giftcards I had and now I have new music to scrap to tomorrow! Yay!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to Taterdawg

Anybody who beats Florida ROCKS in my book!

Yay, Allie!! So glad it made it. I couldn't make heads or tails of the tracking number I was given. Did you get the note I sent with it? Will you do it?

Chas, so sorry about Izzy. She looks like such a sweetie. I'll be thinking about her. I'll check out the Scrapbook Warehouse website soon.
I'm officially boycotting the Sassy Scrapper. I'll provide details later.

Amanda, busy day!! Sounds like you had fun though!

Mary, your poor dd!! I hope she's feeling better.

Lynette, I can't wait to see the pics from last weekend!!

I've done two more CJ pages tonight!! Jennifer's *rock* and Amber's *love*. I'll have to upload pics tomorrow. I'm going to see what I can get done on Allie's next.

I'll have to check out everyone's galleries tomorrow. I'm so sleepy!

Hi Brigid, Laurie, Theresa, and everyone else!!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda
In response to MM Custom Creations

Oooo....Michele...can't wait to hear gossip...and a boycott must be filled with gossip...

Okay so I am officially logging off and going to stare at my ceiling or I will NEVER get up in time for church...hehe!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to classiclyamanda

we-the rest of the local gals- boycott the scrappin usa superstore. its in m'boro. i know both jenn and amanda have stories from there. amber is to scared to go there after all the things we have said about it.

okay so i posted a topic under general scrapbooking stuff about the scrapbook warehouse thing and i had someone private message me that it was against scrapbook.com's rules for people to post about other stores. has anyone heard that? i mean there are many places that you are redirected to for contests that have online stores. unless someone from scrapbook.com says something to me i am not taking it down. i was promoting the online forum not the store. and their store is very small online right now. it bugs me. sorry.

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

Mornin' ladies! Y'all were up late and chatty last night. Me- I crashed at 9:00 LOL.

Allie - I am loving your sneek peeks. I may have to try to do that - I finished your layout yesterday

Amanda - left you some layout love.

Allie - ok, your ceiling is officially icky.

Chas - that is the sweetest pic of Izzy & glad to hear you are back at SBWhouse. How did it go when you put your notice in at the evil place?

Michele - you'll have to give us the scoop on Sassy Scrapper. Me, I am one of the local gals that DOES go to Scrappin USA. I adore the owner and hate that others have had some problems. I never get to shop much anymore due to the need for an actual budget that I have to keep for once in my life, but love to go there. I've been on one of her weekend scrapping retreats, and had the best experience and the best time with the owner. Would love it if I coule ever manage to go on another one.

Well, I'm off to drink some more coffee and hop in the shower for church......

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Dances_With_Ink

Michele - I didn't see a note, but I'll look again. (duh) Can't wait to hear the news on the boycott! We have a stamp store here that has a snotty owner. Most of the others though are really good.

Amanda - glad you like the sneaks!!! I had fun with this one. I just loooove red, white & blue. (so, uhm, can I keep the page?) Hope you got some sleep last night!!!

Lynette - to do a sneak, I just focus in on one particular part of the LO, and use the "macro" feature on my digital cam. I usually don't use the flash, because it'll wash out the colors, good lighting is key.

Chas - sb.com is particular about people posting links to other sites. I'd leave it there until Meghan says something though. sb.com doesn't have near the drama level of some other sites (coughpeascough), but there are some righteous people who's $hit don't stink.

Tater - Auburn beat UF AND FSU beat Bama! Texas got beat by K-State, and Oklahoma lost too! 3 of the top five "unbeatens" went down yesterday - yeeeehaw. it was a great football day.

Well girls, I got up this morning, and tackled my closet and the growing laundry basket. my shoe pile is next. Although I'm debating...scrap...shoes..scrap...shoes. yeah - you're right. like it's really a question?!

I have 4 more CJ pages to do, plus my cover(s). Lynette's "Grateful", Brigid's "Laugh", Theresa's "Crazy" and Trisha's "Travel". And then I'm going to ship them off to Ms. Amber! woohoo

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

OMG! I haven't even started mine

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to TrishaLouise

• trishalouise Said:
OMG! I haven't even started mine

Maybe you need to come hang out at my house for some inspiration! hahaha

Any other Food Network fans around? Sunday is my day to watch the cooking shows. I've decided Ingrid from "Simply Delicioso" annoys the daylights out of me! She's up there with Rachel Ray on the annoyance scale. ugh ugh ugh!

Hey Trisha - what do you think about Jay Jay for some breakfast?? wanna go?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Shoot... Andy made breakfast this morning!

I'm thinking of going to lay back down... I'm not feeling good

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Afternoon everyone!

Well I finally feel normal today for the first time in 5 days! Wooo!

Brigid ~ Thanks for the tip! I was thinking what I could do around the outside and that fitted perfectly!

Mary ~ Hows your DD feeling today? and OHMAHGOSH look at that spotty furry belly!

Lynette ~ You know now this is a good excuse to get another pug

Allie ~ That roof looks horrid But the tin looks great! I love it!

Chaz ~ How's Izzy doing? She is adorable!
Also, I would wait until someone official from sb.com messages you as well. Some people on here just think they are the internet police.

Amanda ~ Loving the new LOs

Hope everyone else is ok!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

My two latest CJ page teasers! (When are these things due again? I'm starting to stress about the other 8 pages!)

Amber's *love*

Jennifer's *rock*

I have to say I'm totalling digging Jennifer's lo. I want to keep it for myself!!

I still have to go check out everyone's galleries. But first, Sassy news.

The backstory: The local girls on here who have been to the Murfreesboro store know the owner is pretty much socially defunct. She's just not very people friendly, isn't a scrapbooker, and, unfortunately for shoppers, is almost ALWAYS at the Murf store. The store here in Lebanon (where I live and ~30 mintutes from Murf) was opened first several years ago, but now she treats it like an ugly stepchild. Granted, Murf is a much larger city and she does more business, but still.

Current Issues: The design team hasn't been asked to do anything since July. We were meeting every month and given at least 2 layouts and a project to complete. She hasn't even contacted us to tell us what is going on. A girl who worked at the store up until a couple of weeks ago [back story: This girl is a single mom and needed a job with benefits, not something many people can get working at a scrapbook store . The owner promised to work things out so she could get benefits but two months later this girl still had none so she quit to get a job with benefits.] was canned from the DT without even being told. The store website has a page for the DT and her pic was removed and another group pic had her name removed from the list of people in the picture. I'm starting to be thankful that I missed the 1st meeting where they took pics so I don't have to be associated with the store. (They never even bothered to put a pic or my name on the site after I missed the initial meeting back in May.)

Latest Gossip: This weekend was the weekend of the big scrapbook yard sale where you can take all your stuff you don't use anymore and the store will set it out and sell it for you. When the girl working at the Lebanon store got there early to set up for the sale, there was nothing there to set up. The owner had taken everything to the Murf store without telling ANYone. People started showing up to buy things at Lebanon and were super ticked that there was nothing there.

Last week I found out the owner has put the Lebanon store up for sale. And hasn't said a word to any of the employees!! She has a rolling marquee sign in the front of the store and they found out by reading that! So now they all know, but she STILL hasn't said anything to them about it. I think she could be the devil incarnate.

I'm ready to go gather up all my projects and get them the heck out of that store. As far as I know, the DT no longer exists, and she better not take any of my stuff to Murf.

Okay, end of rant!!!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

thats crazy about sassy scrapper michele. i would be going to get my pages asap from her store. i cant beleive she didnt tell the employees herself. i highly doubt she will be able to sell her store though. i couldnt sell mine- which was for alot of reasons. but the scrapbook warehouse was unable to sell their cookeville location so they closed that one. and amanda told me there is another store in cookeville that closed the week after scrapbook warehouse closed their cookeville location. too hard to have a scrapbook store with everyone selling out to the chain stores. okay i wont get started but as a previous store owner that is my soap box. support your local stores ladies!!!

i thought izzy was starting to feel better BUT when i got out of the shower this morning my living room floor was SERIOUSLY covered in MULTIPLE piles o'pooh. Then i sat down to eat lunch this afternoon and there was a new pile in front of the tv. izzy has never had accidents so i am not sure if she doesnt realize she needs to go til its to late or what cause its not like her to not come get me and let me know she has to go potty. i think her tummy is really upset. she has been very itchy too. i havent given her benadryl in like 2 1/2 weeks but the itching was so bad i gave it to her twice yesterday. the skin around her face and neck area is pretty pink. i feel like the dip has made her side affects worse than they were before. i just feel bad cause she has to go through this five more times. every other weekend for the next 2 1/2 months she will be going through this. and i am starting my new job and will be working on the weekends so she will be with my parents. she is currently sleeping in the bathroom floor. she still sleeps alot but she doesnt stay in the same place for long so i think she might get uncomfortable really easy. okay that was an update for everyone. thanks for your well wishes!!! hope my little girl gets better soon.

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Wow...Michele...that is shady! I can't believe she put a sign up for the public to see and still hasn't said anything to her employees. That is just rude! Hope you get your stuff back!

Allie...nope you can't keep it, but I'll try to make a really good one to send to you instead

Okay...so dh would kill me if he knew I posted this, but I went to bed about 1:30am and opened the door to my bedroom and about fell over from the smell...let's just say I slept on the couch and he is banned from eating bbq! YUCK! Hehe! Anyway, off to play with all the new scrappy supplies I have been buying over the last couple of weeks! Hope to have some things to post later....oh and Trisha...don't feel bad...I haven't started mine yet either!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

i am thinking of moving the kitchen table (its really light) in front of the tv and scrappin. but its also tempting to just be lazy for a bit. i have to do some homework today too.

have a great relaxed sunday ladies.

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal

Checking in on my fabulous and cool pal MaryB!
Here is some Christmas cheer to get your week off to a good start!

Office Holiday Memo

To: All Employees
Subject: Office conduct during the Christmas season

Effective immediately, employees should keep in mind the following guidelines in compliance with FROLIC (the Federal Revelry Office and Leisure Industry Council).

1. Running aluminum foil through the paper shredder to make tinsel is discouraged.
2. Playing Jingle Bells on the push-button phone is forbidden (it runs up an incredible long distance bill)
3. Work requests are not to be filed under "Bah humbug."
4. Company cars are not to be used to go over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house.
5. All fruitcake is to be eaten BEFORE July 25.
6. Egg nog will NOT be dispensed in vending machines.

In spite of all this, the staff is encouraged to have a Happy Holiday.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Melbas Pal

• ChristmasTimeAgain Said:

3. Work requests are not to be filed under "Bah humbug."

Yes they are!!

When they send out the annual "thou shalt not" list from our (parent company's) office, I'll post it here. Last year's included a power point of "appropriate" office decorations and "inappropriate". The "appropriate" was VERY sad... we laughed about it!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

i'm having serious amber withdrawls. she is no longer allowed to vacation this long. i call amber everyday on the drive home from work. and usually see her once a week. i miss amber!!!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg

Just popping in to say hello!!!!!!!!!!!

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer
In response to Taterdawg

hi everyone- Ijust get to pop in and say hello. My boys are aleady fighting over the computer. I may have to post earlier in the a.m. because lord knows they are going to get out of bed in the a.m when they don't have to! I still have to get dh up and off to work.
I have completely finished 2 layouts. I posted them today. you can see them here:

love- http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

dream- http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I have 2 others that I just have to take the picture for them and I will post them soon.

Chas- I am so sorry to hear about izzy. Could the meds be making her have the accidents? Can you feed her a bland diet till her tummyache passes? I will have to look at those links because I know very little about the mange.
Amanda- you are so great at the cake making. I am sure it takes more patience than I have. I hope you are feeling refreshed after getting some sleep.
Allie- have you posted pictures of the new hairdo? I think it is so great that you have been finishing up all these pages- you are super motivated- maybe you should send on the mojo to the rest of us.
MaryB- hows you daughter doing? please keep us updated. I am sure it is painful. hope today was a good day for her.
Chelle- thanks for coming through with all the info. The cat pictures are so great. We have many cats. My kids are such suckers for any animals but we seem to always end up with cats. Plus 2 of our cats are basically outdoor cats so we feed them outside and then all the cats end up here. I always have a surplus. I have one that was abadoned and I have to be its' mom and I totally adore it now. I call it Wheezy. it was the smallest cat ever so it started as weasel but it is wheezy now. I ended up buying it a collar with a bell and it is my boy.
Lynette- sorry genie had to go home.does stevie miss her or is he happy to be #1 pug again? Do the girls have big plans for fall break?
Michelle- so sorry to hear about the Sassy Scrapper...I think it is crazy that some scrapbook owners can't seem to understand that they need their customers to survive but then they fail to run the store like a business. I hope you get all your things back.
Well I have to say I miss Amber though I don't talk to her as much as the other local gals. I hope she has had a great vacation and I can't wait to hear all about it but i do miss our fearless leader.....
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to momajennifer

Just poking my head in to say ni ni and to put a LO I did for my doggy.

Crystal

Night lovely Sistahs xx

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to Creative Chaos

jennifer. love the lo's they are cute. tried to call you yesterday wanting you to come over and scrap. i do think the accidents are due to the meds. i havent had the heart to correct her. i know she knows better so it has to be everthing she is going through. she is also on an antibiotic i have to give her 2 times a day. thats fun! only way i can trick her into eating it is in peanut butter cause it sticks! cheese and bread she spits the pill out and looks at me like sucker! LOL. i have read they need to have good foods when they have mange so i am not sure about the bland diet. she is still on her puppy food right now. this hasnt affected her appetite she still LOVES to eat.

well i am off for the night sisters! my 3rd load of laundry is in the dryer, the kitchen is clean, dishwasher loaded, and trash taken to the dumpster.

jenn you want to scrap this coming sat night? any other local gals are welcome. i have TONS of room in my apartment.

lynette-do you go to early service at smyrna fb? i am having to work 11-7 on sundays in october and i think it will be easier to go to fb and then go home eat lunch and change before going to work. if you go to early service i want to sit with you!!!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Hey all...watched a couple of movies and got a lo done and 1 cj page...Woo Hoo!

Here is my lo for the Hip Hop Hooray blog...don't forget you have until the 4th at midnight!
Will I

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Good morning!

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

Trisha! We are the early shift again LOL.

Chelle, Amanda, Jennifer - left ya some love.

Chas: I go to 2nd service. Actually, I'm there at 8:00 for choir setup, my fav Sunday School class at 9:00 and 10:30 for what I call "big" service. LOL. I'm what they call a "shepherdess" in my small group in Sunday School, or I would switch and go to 1st service with you.

Amanda: ewwww to the bedroom smell

Jennifer - come on up and be an early poster with Trisha & me! Laurie is usually here too.... oh... Laurie....???

Michele - that's nuts re: Sassy Scrapper. We knew customer service wasn't her thing, but there's no excuse for doing your employees and design team that way! Now that Lebanon Sassy AND Scrap It have closed, I guess the M'boro stores are closest for you?

Allie: Your company did a serious list of do's and dont's for the holidays? Oh, you gotta share the powerpoint. There will be mocking - oh yes there will.

Waving to everybody else!!!!!! Gotta go get in the shower!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Hey Lynette!

I'm awake, I'm awake Eating my breakfast and getting ready to head on out the door. Looks like there was lots of activity and many gallery things to checkout later. We're a productive bunch Love the interoffice memo ~ so Dilbert-like. Catch up later today.

AndyShell4
Expert
AndyShell4
In response to ljloula

Morning everyone.
Wow I had just a busy busy weekend, Andrew had a Friday and Saturday Wedding so it's like I had not breathing time and no time to see him. I did a walk with my walk (well actually alone) to support the American Heart Association and I took the boy on Saturday morning so that was fun, exhausting though, then I had a goodbye party for my oldest cousin so I had fun chasing the boys there too.
Yesterday ended up FINALLY seeing Andrew but we had to go get new shoes for the boys and some shopping done, I get to see him again tonight for a bit too before we go really the rest of the week without seeing eachother...He has another Friday and Saturday weddings.
Well hope everyone is doing ok
Mary hope your daughter is doing better
Chas hope Izzy is feeling better
Jennifer sorry about your boys, you are so getting me a look into the future though
Laurie congrats on the weight loss
Lynette sorry the house was quite when the pups left but I'm so glad you are such a wonderful care giver!!
Everyone else, hope you have a wonderful day,
IT"S MONDAY BOTTOMS UP!!!
Happy OCTOBER!!!!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to AndyShell4

GM ladies!

just popping in quickly. I didn't sleep much last night - the last time I remember looking at the clock was about 3:15 AM. Of course the dogs were restless by 7:15 - though that's sleeping in for them!!

I was wound up over something that happened on the pug board - a whole lot of drama and BS over nothing. I'm equally as mad at the drama as I am that I got so wound up over something so stupid LOL

So I tried to read to put myself to sleep. Wouldn't you know the book involved ghosts and such - I was so spooked I had to finish the book for some closure.

Didn't matter..between being wound up and imagining shadows moving in the room...I couldn't fall asleep.

sad huh??

Lynette - can you believe they did a PPT? It was hysterical. And basically the only thing they allowed was teeny tiny tinsel. Our parent company is made up of a bunch of idiots...and they treat all of their employees that way.

Ok gals, I'm going to curl up on the couch with the pug blanket and hope they let me sleep for a couple of hours.

bbl!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

What happened on the Pug board that up set you?
Now you got to share!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Thanks for the love on my lo! I am going to post my first cj page (Amber's) on my blog...so if you want to sneak a peak you can...hehe!

Allie- How terrible...drama is terrible...unless your not involved and then it can be funny...but I know how you feel...I was spooked one night and decided to read...HA! Turned out to be a mystery thriller...UGH! I hope you can get a good nap in today!

Well...today is the first of October...I am joining Chas in the eating better and excersising thing...maybe we can keep each other on track. Well, been to the gym this morning so now I have to catch up on cleaning etc! BBL!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Trisha - I'll tell you the whole sad story sometime. it's not worth dragging out over here!! suffice it to say that dissenting opinions are not welcomed there. and I've been threated with being banned from that board for failing to hold my tongue. can you imagine?! ok so I said some things that weren't especially nice..but they were deserved. bah..

Someone asked if I posted pics of the new do - yes, they are on my blog. See what a good scrapbooker I am?!?! bwahahaha

Amanda - can't wait to see the sneak of Amber's LO!!!

I'm still awake..but fading fast. The pugs are a bad influence, snoring away at my feet!!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Hello women!

I've looked at all the galleries and caught up there.

Michele ~ that's NUTS! I hope you get all your stuff back from the crazy lady.

Amanda - I just looked at those cakes - WOW! Pretty and I bet yummy too.

Chas ~ how is Izzy today?

Mary ~ how's things with DD? I saw you had received the handmade paper and etc. to start working on your invitations. I know it'll be beautiful and you'll post a pic for us.

Hi Trisha, Chelle, Shell, Tater, Jennifer!

Off to look at Allie's new do!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to ljloula

laurie- izzy seemed okay this morning. i kennel her when i leave for work and then my mom picks her up when she is off work around 11-12 and takes her to her place to play with their dog, lucy, a westie poodle mix. they love each other and playing and it gives izzy a chance to run in the yard since i am in an apartment. but she took her meds and are her breakfast this morning. still a bit mellow but it was also 530 am and she likes to sleep! LOL. thanks for asking!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

A Westie-poodle mix sounds adorable. One of my aunts always had Westies. I like them, because although they are small, they don't THINK they are. Tough little buggers

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese
In response to Taterdawg

just popping in to say Hi!!

gosh, I have missed so many posts, I hope to catch up later, right now gotta go pick up the girls...

oh the cj...I am officially stressing......I only have 1 done 2 others started *pulling my hair out*

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Mom2CamiandReese

Hi Theresa! I go through moments of that too, but we'll git 'er done!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to ljloula

Afternoon mah Sistahs!

Well I just got back from Curves and I have lost 6lbs in 2 weeks! WOOT! I lost a total of 7 inches from all over my body too. yay! So excited hehe.

Amanda ~ Great LO! Left love <3

Allie ~ Board drama sucks. People just can't handle other opinions but their own! Don't let the buggers get ya down. Thank God we all get on hehe.

Chas ~ Glad Izzy is feeling better

Oh Pug lovers! I found a pug smiley haha

Hey to every one else!
Wheres that Mary!!! *Looks under the sofa*

Back later x

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Trisha - I'll tell you the whole sad story sometime. it's not worth dragging out over here!! suffice it to say that dissenting opinions are not welcomed there. and I've been threated with being banned from that board for failing to hold my tongue. can you imagine?! ok so I said some things that weren't especially nice..but they were deserved. bah..

Someone asked if I posted pics of the new do - yes, they are on my blog. See what a good scrapbooker I am?!?! bwahahaha

I'm still awake..but fading fast. The pugs are a bad influence, snoring away at my feet!!

Drama on the pug board? Allie is involved?

Sadly, the PV was one of the things I had to eliminate in my newly hectic life. I loved the Village. I just had to lower my internet boards to this forum with you gals, and one other Christian forum I am on. Otherwise, I found I was doing nothing I needed to do. Not that I still get the stuff done, but at least I can't blame it on surfing LOL.

Allie - true holiday decorations at work story.... two years back, they made us all take an official "workplace sensitivity" class. Managers first, and we had to train staff, so we have two managers here (I'm one) and the two of us took it seriously - they made us sign scary stuff, ya know. and there was this big ol' section on Christmas and sensitivity and how it had to be non-insulting to basically anyone who had ever lived. I'm the big Christmas/holiday organizer around here, so I had to really reign myself in and also not let staff decorate, etc. So, our office- we really pulled back and did everything the training said. THEN our big PERSONNEL department put up a giant Christmas tree in their lobby and had everyone bring in ornaments from home and had a giant Christmas party - complete with Ho Ho Ho's and Fa La La La La's and Away in a Mangers'. I was floored. The same folks (personnel) who threatened to take disciplinary action on managers who could not enforce the workplace sensitivity guidelines put up a Christmas tree in the lobby! At that point, I gave up.

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

• TxAllieGrl Said:

Drama on the pug board? Allie is involved?

Sadly, the PV was one of the things I had to eliminate in my newly hectic life. I loved the Village. I just had to lower my internet boards to this forum with you gals, and one other Christian forum I am on. Otherwise, I found I was doing nothing I needed to do. Not that I still get the stuff done, but at least I can't blame it on surfing LOL.

Allie - true holiday decorations at work story.... two years back, they made us all take an official "workplace sensitivity" class. Managers first, and we had to train staff, so we have two managers here (I'm one) and the two of us took it seriously - they made us sign scary stuff, ya know. and there was this big ol' section on Christmas and sensitivity and how it had to be non-insulting to basically anyone who had ever lived. I'm the big Christmas/holiday organizer around here, so I had to really reign myself in and also not let staff decorate, etc. So, our office- we really pulled back and did everything the training said. THEN our big PERSONNEL department put up a giant Christmas tree in their lobby and had everyone bring in ornaments from home and had a giant Christmas party - complete with Ho Ho Ho's and Fa La La La La's and Away in a Mangers'. I was floored. The same folks (personnel) who threatened to take disciplinary action on managers who could not enforce the workplace sensitivity guidelines put up a Christmas tree in the lobby! At that point, I gave up.

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Hi sistahs! Oh my! I've missed almost 2 full pages of posts! I'll never catch up!

First, Chas, I'm so glad Izzy is perkin' up. Poor thing! The antibiotics are most def irritating her tummy - they do that to anyone.... Sweet pooch, I'm wishing you quick healing....

Allie - drama. It's always drama. Hope you got some rest!

Jen - Hope the boys settled down!

Michele - so sorry about the store stuff! That's really rotten.... some people are just not meant to be owners. She sounds like one of them!

Amanda - hey chickie! Um, yuck on the Dh issue!!! but, I laughed out loud anyway! Just like a man!

Lynette - Howdy! Good to see you! That's hilarious about the office policy.... sometimes you just gotta throw your hands up in the air!

Hey Trisha!

Tater - Woohoo! Go Auburn! So many teams fell this weekend! Unbelievable, as my Wildcats are now RANKED #8 nationally! OMG! I can hardly believe my eyes. Surely that is a typo...

Chelle - WOOHOO!! Double around the world behind the back high fiver!!!! That is just awesome! 7 inches??? Wow, just wow! Treat yourself to a piece of fun jewelry or something... you deserve it!

Hey Theresa! I'm way behind too -- I'll never catch up so you aren't alone!

Laurie! Yes, the invitation paper/supplies is on the way, and as soon as I finish one I will post! I can't wait to see it!

SSSecret Santa Pal! HI! You are the BEST!!!!!!

So, that's all I can remember. I'm sure I've left stuff out... forgive me, my brain is fried.

Update on DD: she's doing better, and I will hopefully take her to the ortho tomorrow... waiting for their call back, but i'm sure we'll see her, just not sure when. Her upper lip is still chewed up, but the gums look so much better. Everyone is asking if her teeth are still loose, but honestly, I don't even want to try to see! I just want to leave them alone! So stressful, because as I understand it, it could take a year or more before any permanent damage is shown. ugh. So, I have to just get over it. It is what it is, and we'll get it fixed one way or another. At least it can be fixed.

I have a super busy week, with lots of school stuff going on. Next week we go to WV to get our marriage license, and then to Ole Miss to visit Spencer (21 today!).... I know this month will just fly by, and then November will be here, and that will fly too! So exciting though! I'm trying super hard to concentrate on all the good stuff!

That's all I've got, gals! It's not much, I grant you! I'm going to clean up dinner, and get some girls ready for bed.... I'll be back for sure tomorrow!!! Luv yall!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

• Chaotic Chelle Said:
Afternoon mah Sistahs!

Well I just got back from Curves and I have lost 6lbs in 2 weeks! WOOT! I lost a total of 7 inches from all over my body too. yay! So excited hehe.

Oh Pug lovers! I found a pug smiley haha

Back later x

You go girl!!! That's a lot of inches ~ you're gonna be way buffed Love the pug smilie.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to ljloula

Ok Ms Lynette - are ya saying I'm a drama queen?!?! I have to say...PV is one of the things that has fallen out of my life. It doesn't hold the importance it once did. Such is life!!

re: office policy, classic!!!! I will say my current office throws one heck of a holiday party. Open bar, top of the Hancock building in chicago. last year they had flamenco dancers perform, we played trivia, sang carols and we do a white elephant gift exchange. we have such a diverse group that "holiday" covers it all.

Mary - sounds like you have a busy October planned. And I'm glad DD is doing better.

Chelle - WAY TO GO on the weight & inches loss!!!

re: CJ & catching up: you gals know I have another project waiting for me lol I can't help being an over achiever on this one. And I just got a GREAT idea for Theresa's "Crazy" page. bwahahahaha

Trisha - how's it going girl?? did the SU fairy deliver our goods?

I also need to get cracking on Amber's challenge blog LO. I have some ideas floating around but nothing is really clicking yet.

QOTD: do you gals use sketches as inspiration? if so, where do you find them (any cool sketch blogs/sites?)

I'm just getting into them, but I find the grey scale sketch doesn't do it. If I see a couple of examples, I can take it and run. Otherwise I am too literal/linear with the sketch and it doesn't flow right for me.

Hope everyone has a GREAT evening!!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Allie- there is a place called pencil line sketches that is pretty good...I know there are several others, but that is the only one I can think of ATM.

Lynette- how crazy...I would decorate away....

Chelle- WTG on losing weight!

Oh and I mispelled lose on my layout....don't know what I was thinking...going to fix it, but not repost it! Toodles!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Good morning!

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal

Merry Tuesday! And a ho,ho,ho to you all!

Just checking in to give a shout out to my SSSSP

LAURIE

Have a terrific day!!!!
Luv, your SSSSP

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese

morning!!

Finally posting a bit early today!!!!

Allie, page maps is a good one that I get an email newsletter, but heck, I can't find the time to scrap, so I never use them, I print them all out with good intentions! And I can't wait to see the cj page you do for me!!

Lynette, I would decorate anyways!!!

Michele, I was busy taking pics for your page last nite!!

Amber, Hope you are having fun!!

Mroning to Chelle, Tater, Amanda, Trisha, Laurie, Mary, Brigid and anyone else I missed!!

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

Well, sistahs, I'll be the mid-morning posting shift this morning haha. I'm gonna work from home today so I abandoned my 4:30 alarm and slept until 7:00 woo hoo! Since my girls are still in bed, I'll get my quiet time now

Hi to all!

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

OH, and I have to do a 12x12 layout for work! EEK. The head of our national office is leaving and each state is supposed to send a goodbye layout. Of course, I got volunteered from our state, which I don't mind. But it is really hard to scrap something for somebody I don't know and submit it with bunches of others. My scrap style is all inky, eclectic, paper tearing, messy, shabby, etc. So, I can't imagine submitting a staff layout that way. I'll have to pull out the ruller and remember how to cut straight lines LOL. I guess something more formal is in order.....So, that's part of what I have to do from home today.

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

Good morning, lovely ladies!

Oooooh Theresa! I can't wait to see my page!

QOTD: I've never used sketches, but I'm not really sure what they are so... I might if I saw one.

re a PC Christmas: Our office is always telling us we have to call it a "holiday" party (although we are allowed to decorate our labs any which way we like). But last year's holiday party consisted of Christmas tree centerpieces on the tables. Whatever!

I'm glad to hear you dd mouth looks a little better, Mary. I hope you get good news at the ortho today.

Glad Izzy still has her appetite, Chas. Keep us updated about how she is doing, please. Poor girl.

Amaaaaaandaaaaaaaa, I'm too lazy to search for your blog in past posts. Can you repost the link? Pretty please? I want to check out your sneak peek!

No new Sassy news. I think I'm going to see if my friend is working on Saturday and go get all my stuff. I guess if the owner asks why I did it I'll just say that I didn't think the DT was active (since we haven't met since July), and since she is selling the store I don't want my layouts to get lost in the jumble.

I stayed at home with a headache yesterday... I guess you would call it a headache. My entire head hurt as well as my neck. Let me tell you, you can't do much when you feel like that! But it eased by mid afternoon so I scrapped a little on Allie's page. I hope to get it complete by tonight and post a sneak peek with which I will torture Allie with.

And, y'all, I just made the CUTEST design for a t-shirt on Sunday. I'm lovin' it and am totally getting it for the next scrap convention I go to. Check it out! A friend I had over Saturday night to scrap helped my come up with it. She was actually using her Cricut revolution at the time. I'm thinking about making another one with a generic looking die cut machine, but I don't know yet.

Sorry for tooting my own horn!

Hope everyone is off to a fabulous Tuesday!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

• Lynette150 Said:
OH, and I have to do a 12x12 layout for work! EEK. The head of our national office is leaving and each state is supposed to send a goodbye layout. Of course, I got volunteered from our state, which I don't mind. But it is really hard to scrap something for somebody I don't know and submit it with bunches of others. My scrap style is all inky, eclectic, paper tearing, messy, shabby, etc. So, I can't imagine submitting a staff layout that way. I'll have to pull out the ruller and remember how to cut straight lines LOL. I guess something more formal is in order.....So, that's part of what I have to do from home today.

Formal scrapbooking? Never heard of it!! I think that's its awesome you are representing your state. You go girl1!!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

GM sistahs!!

I logged on to a rude awakening this morning - the mod of the pug forum decided to go ahead and ban me. Guess he didn't like my reply to his threat...

So anyway - it makes for great blog fodder. LOL

I was going to scrap last night and work on Theresa's pages, but a friend called and we talked for an hour or so. That takes care of that idea!! Maybe tonight.

The roofer is coming out today to take a look - pray for a low estimate!!!

I've gotten brave and headed back into the office (where the moldy ceiling is in the closet). I just need the structure in order to get any real work done. I'm all drugged up, but my eyes are a little itchy/watery. UGH

Lynette - good luck with the LO! use lots of strips LOL that's my only suggestion for "structure".

Michele - sorry about the headache! I can't wait to see the sneaks, even though it will be torture... I would definitely go get your LOs from Sassy - just tell them you want them back! period... they are yours, no reasons needed.

And I love the new t-shirt!!! I did find your message, and of course I will do what you asked. I can't wait to unveil it..tee hee

Oh - there's a link to Amanda's blog if you go to mine (she's Crafty Musician). And I have a link to mine in my sig.

Theresa - thanks for page maps! I'll look it up.

Amanda - I've seen pencil line before. Will have to study it some more.

Boy that ChristmasTimePal gets around!!

Hellooooo to all of the other ladies! hope everyone has a great tuesday!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

GM Sistahs!

Allie ~ What a load of ********. The person who banned you is obviously a total Hitler and needs to powertrip on the internet because they can't do it in RL! How dare they ban our Allie!! GRRR.

I totally agree with your points on your blog. I used to keep rats and it used to drive me NUTS when people would go to a pet store and get the "Farmed" ones. There are so many abandoned ones in rescues out there and you're correct, it is a slap in the face to the proper breeders who breed for the love of the animal and to breed out sickness and diseased and breed in good temperament.

Some people really need to take an exam before they own animals </rant>

I just got back to the Gym and decided to treat my self to a hair cut. So that is where I am going at 11.
Just a trim to take the split ends off and blow dry straight! Only 28 bucks!! In England the cheapest I ever found was like £40 ($80!!!) for that kinda thing lol. I won't even give you a heart attack with the amount highlights cost as my hair is down to me bum!

Okies hope everyone else is ok and I'll bbl!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Ok roofer has come and gone. $425 to replace the decking (wood), flashing & shingles.

Not sure if that's good or bad!! And it'd be a couple of weeks before they can get out here.

Trisha - what's the word on the dry wall guy?

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal

It's time for Part 2 of the Peanuts mini-quiz!

Question 6:
Charlie Brown has what job in the pageant?

a) director
b) script boy
c) master of props

Question 7:
What song does Lucy want Schroeder to play?

a) Silent Night
b) Jingle Bells
c) Für Elise

Question 8:
Linus says he didn't know "they" still make what?

a) mistletoe
b) bubble gum cards
c) wooden Christmas trees

Question 9:
What color is the ornament that bends the little tree down to the ground?

a) red
b) blue
c) gold

Question 10:
During the snowball-toss scene, who knocks the can off the fence?

a) Lucy
b) Linus
c) Snoopy

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Hey women!

Well, today my credit union was merging with another credit union and things were not as seamless as they should have been with my account. So I spent the morning dealing with that, and oh yeah, working One more minor thing to straighten out and I should be good to go.

Looks like my parents are coming down next weekend to see the apartment and etc. Bill wants to see if he can get his Mom to come down and meet my folks. Should all work out ok ~ and if not, it's just a weekend

How're you holding up in the moldy office Allie?

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to ljloula

Good morning sistahs!

Ah, it's been busy. Had a catering meeting this morning for our school auction - and then went to the rental place to decide about linens. All went well...

Next up is the ortho appt - 2:30. Not sure I'll come away with much info at all, we'll see....

Allie - well, I think that sounds ok for all that work, but I'm not an expert. I paid about $165 for shingle only repairs. It took the guy about 35 minutes to do it.... Maybe Trisha will have an idea? And banned??? You??? How could anyone ban you from a MB??? hmph....

Laurie - Bummer on the banking stuff! Hope all goes well with the padres this weekend!

Chelle - A haircut and style is a perfect treat for your hard work! Yay!

Michele - I will check out the shirt... along with all the other gallery stuff I need to catch up on... ya'll have been so busy! And me, not so much!

Lynette - Now, this is just MHO... but I say to do the page in your own style! Why would you have to change it? It sounds like everyone likes what you do, and that is why they asked you to do it in the first place! Be you! Anyway, that's what will make the whole book unique! Remember, JMHO!

Hey Theresa! I can't wait to see what you do with your CJ pages...

Hi Amanda! Hey Tater, Jen, Sam, Shell, Chas, Liz, and everyone else!

Off I go to collect girls. BBL!!!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

AAACCCKKK! Michele! That is so cute! "This is how I roll..." Love it! And, we say that all the time around here... "cuz that's the way we roll" ... lol!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to MaryS.

1. $425.00 for roof repairs?? Not actually a bad price but I would get a couple of more estimates and check company background. Make sure they are licensed and bonded for repair work and ask for some references too/

2. QOTD- My favorite place for sketches

www.pagemaps.com

Becky Fleck is amazing. There is also card maps, tag maps, half maps, circle maps all in pdf
Go check her out great site. She also has them archived to 2004 and she comes out with new ones every month. I have them all printed out and I have them in a notebook

Afternoon everyone

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to Taterdawg

Thanks for the praise Allie and Mary! I think that shirt may be a winner. I just sold one + another new one and they have only been in the CafePress marketplace since this morning. Woohoo!!

Allie, thanks for directing me to you blog. I not only checked you out, I made it to Amanda's as well. Always fun to read about what you girls are up to!! And I can't wait to see the big unveiling!!! Big ouch on the roof repairs!! I'd do like Tater said and maybe get a couple of other opinions unless you just really like these guys.

Chelle, I'm afraid to ask how much your hair costs to maintain. Its so pretty though!

Laurie, don't you just love it places like your BANK who are in charge of your MONEY can't keep things straight? Good thing you were watching them closely!! I hope their other patrons were, too. Very exciting about your folks meeting Bill's folks!! Let us know how it goes!

Mary, I'm anxious to hear what you find out about your daughter's braces!

Ok, 10 more minutes of work then off to home! TTYL!!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Hey ladies!

Busy work afternoon. The good news is I'm really feeling ok about working in the office. And since I'm actually productive, we'll keep with it.

I checked out the roofing co who gave me the quote - they are members of the BBB, and have only had 1 complaint in the last 12 months that was resolved. All in all, I think that speaks pretty well. They have references listed on their websites - mostly businesses in town.

I feel pretty good about them, and while I know I *should* get other quotes...it's such a pain! Given what they'll be doing, the price seems reasonable, and he's going to put flashing on the other side as a preventive measure (he threw that in w/out additional cost). He did say that other companies are so busy they've been referring business over..

So long story short - I'll probably call and give them approval tomorrow so we can get in the queue for the repair work.

Michele - I have to say the blog is fun. A little bitter today.. but being able to get out the frustration now and then helps to get it off my chest. I am sure I won't make any new friends with today's post and burned some bridges in the process. I can't help but feel relieved though.. plus that's where I post most of my pictures - trips, pugs, nephews, projects, etc. There's a link to Amber's blog there too (And I Ran).

Chelle - I had no idea color/cut was so expensive in the UK! that's NUTS!

I pay a lot for my cuts ($64), but she's a magician and can make me look beautiful. It's worth every penny lol

Mary - I know this will come as shocking - but I don't bite holes in my tongue, and I'm wicked sarcastic. It's more the fact that I speak my mind rather than temper my posts in case it might hurt someone's feelings.

Idunno - I feel that if someone posts something (me included!!) on a public board, then they are opening it up to comments, good and bad. If they can't take the criticism (cuz hey - we're adults), then they should post it.

I'd hope y'all would tell me if I was being stupid or made a really poor decision. I'd hate to think that someone held back for fear of hurting my feelings. The whole "do unto others" thing - well, I do live by that rule.

Anyway..the whole drama thing is overblown. It's one of those MBs that is in a down cycle - people aren't posting as much, it's not as much fun to chat there, and the mods themselves create/escalate the drama even though they can't see it.

That's why I LOVE sb.com and my Sistahs!!

is it Friday yet?!?!!

Ok I really need to go work on Theresa's page before the inspiration vanishes.. bbl!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

dudettes - when did I become such a windbag-poster???

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Evening Ladies,

Allie ~ Ouch that's a lot of money! That £40 ($80) in England is just for a wash cut and blow dry! For a half head of highlights and wash cut and dry I normally fork out around $140 ($280) Which is why that only happens about once a year lol. I was happy that the wash cut and dry was only $28 today.

Mary ~ How did the docs appointment go?

Tater ~ I love that website, I came across it a few months ago and totally forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me

Ok off to cook the male unit din dins x

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

Allie's *star*

up next... Tater's *dream*

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Hello ladies... Hope everyone is having a loverly evening....

Let's see... well, appt went fine. He wants her to have an xray - he mostly just wants to rule out a fracture of her upper mouth bone (??). He pushed on the roof of her mouth, and the teeth still moved a bit, but that should still tighten up. He thinks she's going to be just fine. But he couldn't do anything to fix the braces. We go back to him in 2 weeks for that. The lip is healing well, and what is there will heal just fine.

So my neighbor's (where this happened and who also helped me when it happened) dad is a dentist, and I am going to call them in the morning to see if they can do the xray tomorrow. I am going to switch over to them I think - I can't stand our current one. I'm feeling much better about it though, because I just have to... her teeth are not turning dark or anything, but I know that can take a while, so while it's a good sign, we'll have to watch for some months.

So there it is. She won't be able to participate in PE or anything for a bit, and the teachers are watching out for her on the playground and at recess. She can't bite with those front teeth.

THANK YOU all so very much for your concern and well-wishes. I do very well in the moment of trauma, but afterward, I tend to fall apart! It's been wonderful to come here and just let it out. I can't tell you what that has meant to me!!!!

Allie - I would tend to do what you are doing too, as far as the roofers go. I totally 100% agree with the comments about posting, especially on public MBs.... That's what I don't understand... how they can ban someone who just speaks their mind??

I will never catch up on gallery love.... I will try though!

Nitey-nite!!!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to MaryS.

help ladies help.

izzy has discovered my attempts to giver her the antibiotic pills. she is supposed to have on in the morning and one at night. cheese and bread she spits it out of. i managed those working like one time each. so my winner has always been peanut butter. well tonight she kept licking around it but wouldnt take the pill. its pretty big too. so then i tried putting it in bread with pb on it and that didnt work either. the only other thing i can think of is opening the capsule and pouring the powder into her overnight water. not even sure thats effective. but i have no clue. any sneaking suggestions?

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

I know someone who wrapped pill in bologna and that worked.

AndyShell4
Expert
AndyShell4
In response to ljloula

OMG is it Friday yet, yesterday was rough let me tell ya...I feel like it's one thing after the next over here, I could of sworn I said morning to y'all but then when I looked at it this morning I had all of Monday afternoon and Tuesdays, I'm so sorry...
Mary~Glad your DD is doing better
Izzy~Take your pills its for your best
Allie~Don't worry my mouth filter isn't always turned on either and sometimes get me into trouble at work.
Chelle~you are so awesome with 7 inches, keep it going
Michelle~sorry about the headache
Lynette~I think you should have your own decorations in your own office space or just wear shirts and that
Laurie~good luck with your parents and his parents
QOTD: I have used sketches, they are fun when you find the right one...Tater actually told me a couple places but I can't remember where I found them, I printed them all up and keep them with my scrapbook stuff
Ok everyone back to work for me....if only drinking was legal at my work!!!!!! Morning to everyone!!!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

Mornin!!

Chas, you might try oatmeal or cottage cheese. If you can't sneak it by her you might really call the vet to see if it is ok to take the meds out of the capsule.

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese

Good Morning!

I FINALLY got a layout done if anyone wants to check it out!! here it is:

Cute Chick

It really does look better IRL, I could not get the colors to look right! plus the pic is crooked!!!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Hey Chas! You know, I recently saw an ad or something about things called "pill pockets"... they are treats specifically for dogs that need to take medicine. The pill fits inside it, and it's like a pig in a blanket kind of treat??? Maybe call your local pet supply place and see if they have them? Or, you could see if they have any other recommendations, otherwise, I'd be on the phone with the vet.... Izzy isn't the only puppy who doesn't want to take her meds!

Good luck!

Good morning to all! I've got a school meeting in 45 min... so I gotta go!

Ciao!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to MaryS.

GM gals!

Chas - the pill pockets are great - they are stinky, so she's less likely to smell the pills. I don't think you can take them out of the capsule - they'll taste pretty bitter to her. Or find some other stinky meat to give it to her - a piece of hot dog, etc. Do you do the three bite trick? give her one bite with nothing in it, the second with the pill, and a the third with nothing. give them to her quickly so she has nothing to think about but getting that next one.

My Jessie is the same way - too smart for her own good. It's tough to give her pills because she figures it out and then won't come near me.

Mary - glad the ortho gave a good prognosis. We'll cross our fingers that the xray shows nothing unusual.

I got Theresa's "Crazy" done today - here are the sneaks:
Sneak Peek - "Crazy"
Sneak Peek 2 - "Crazy"

I went crazy with paint & color on this one! hehehe

Ok, I'd better get to work. hope everyone has a great day!!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to MaryS.

Chas ~ My Nan used to put the pills in a lump of plain butter ~ Never failed.

Now this next little trick depends on how much you wanna struggle, but if you put your thumb in the corner of a dogs mouth it is a natural reflex that the mouth opens and don't shut. That way you can put the pill at the back of the lounge and again another natural reflex of swallowing takes over.

It takes a few times to get the knack of doing it (IE, standing over the dog so you're facing the same way as the dog, pill in one hand, the other thumb in the corner of the mouth lol)

But once you grasped it, it works really well.

Mary ~ Those pill pockets look cool! I never seen them before!

Will be back to catch up on LOs/ other stuff in a bit ~ Gym time!

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese

Hey can anyone one help me??

I have a question....does anyone have a store near them that has these Heidi Swapp block letters?
they are letter stickers....
I have been looking for them, apparently not on the sites I have ordered from!! they either have the black ones or red, not both ....

Edited by Mom2CamiandReese on 10-03-07 11:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg

Which ones Theresa ??? I have a bunch of her stuff

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese
In response to Taterdawg

the ones like in this layout by {jenice}

letters i want

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese

the red ones, i really also wanted the same style...the black & white one too!!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg

Nope I do not have them. What about the Making Memories Letterbox letters??? That is what they look like to me. I only have the MM ones in green though. Wish I could help.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

thanks for all the good ideas ladies!!! izzy was looking at me last night like i was crazy! she was like i am not taking my medicine no matter what you do mommy. told mym om she would need to give izzy her morning pill cause i was over trying for the day. LOL. she was able to get her to eat it in cheese. so for her grandma she will take it. little booger!

hope everyone is having a great day.

tomorrow is my last day at the evil job. YAY! i start the scrapbook store saturday. i have gotten permission to start hosting contest for the store each month on the www.scrapbookwarehouse.net forums. so i will post a link when i do so all you ladies can enter!!!

im sure i will post later, but i hope everyone has a great night!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Afternoon All!

Allie- That is crazy! Banned! I think it is HILARIOUS! They will be wishing they had differing opionions when the only people left are the mods and they fight it out to the end...haha!

Theresa- Love the new lo! Glad you got some scrappy time in! I haven't seen those letters...they have some simialar epoxy sticker chippy letters from Pressed Petals , but I haven't seen the Heidi Swapp !

Mary- glad to hear the good news about your dd!

Tater- that was the other site I was thinking of...she has some awesome designs!

Chas...I would let grandma give her the pill..hehe!

Chelle- I would only get my hair done once a year too! Wowza! I usually pay 100 for my hair but that is full color with highlight and cut! I know it's expensive, but I only do my color every other time and my cuts about every 3 months!

Hello everyone else! I got church tonight and was just sneaking in. I slept most of the day yesterday....didn't feel bad...just tired, but it really helped today! BBL!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

hey everyone! I don't think that I can get all caught up with everyone but I think I have given everyone love on their lo's! You all have done some great work!

I am having such a hard time figuring out how to exercise and scrapbook at the same time. The only free time i usually have is after the girls go to bed. So for that hour and a half I have to either run or sb and be online. So I might be on less at least for a while. I will still be able to get on on the days that I don't work but I am afraid that it is going to be ahrder to respond to everyones posts. I hope that is ok.
I was all excited about loosing 2lbs my first week until I saw Chelle!!!! you rock girlfriend!!!! I am sooooo impressed!

Chas - yay for starting a new job! That will be so much fun! I will bookmark it and try to get over there once in a while. have you heard about getting accepted into you sw program? I couldn't take you dogs picture off my computer screen for every bc my youngest LOVES HER!!!!!!!!! She just kept saying "puppy!" & "funny" and then laughing really loudly!!!!! She is a little cutie! I hope she is feeling better! My parents always just shoved the medicine down their dogs mouths. In a nice way though! LOL!

Theresa - I am not sure where to get those letters. Have you tried her website? I am not sure if she has a store there but they may be able to tell you where is somewhere that is selling them. i love your new lo! I am glad to see you back! I missed you!!!

Mary so glad that your dd is doing better. I am thinking of you and hopeing that she continues to do well!

Shell - I agree that sometimes it would be great to be able to drink at work!!!

hey there Tater - I don't know much about football - but GO TATER'S TEAM!!!!

Allie - Love the new peeks! So fun!!! i agree about the roofers thing! I would just do it. I think the price sounds fine.

I have to go bc there is an M&M crisis between the girls!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAghHHHHH HHH!!!!!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to brigid16

Brigid-havent heard anything about he sw program. but its only been a week yesterday since i turned it in. not sure when the committee is meeting again. thats so sweet about your youngest liking izzy's picture.

okay the three bite trick worked for tonights pill. YAY. lets see how long i cant make this work before she figures it out!! LOL

hope everyone has a great night!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to brigid16

• brigid16 Said:
I was all excited about loosing 2lbs my first week until I saw Chelle!!!! you rock girlfriend!!!! I am sooooo impressed!

Woo-hoo Brigid!

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

Chas! I smile every time I see your avatar picture

Whew - busy busy day at work. Hopefully I can come back and catch up tonight after I grab a quick bite of supper.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

• Lynette150 Said:
Chas! I smile every time I see your avatar picture

Whew - busy busy day at work. Hopefully I can come back and catch up tonight after I grab a quick bite of supper.

aww lynette your so sweet. lets work on finding a guy that can feel that way too. LOL.

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg

WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Tater won a prezzie!!!!!!!!!

I go to Lain Ehmann's blog, Scraphappy . I met here last year during CHA winter. I was blog cruising and I found her's and won a prize pack from Cha from her. Well we have pretty much become friends over the last well almost year and she has her blog and a podcast.

She gave away a couple of the SS issues of their new magazine-idea book, Play. Well 2 people never claimed them. and I wonm one tonight. Lain is on the editorial board for Simple Scrapbooks (just been appointed). So go over to her blog and check her out.

YEA TATER!

AndyShell4
Expert
AndyShell4
In response to Taterdawg

Hey Chas I was thinking maybe a hot dog??? you can always cram a pill in those, I know that was one of my last resorts with my dog a long time ago too...
Brigid, I hear you about having the time time only after the kids go to bed, but lately it's like when my boys go to bed, I'm right along with them.
Tater congrats on your prize!!!!
Lynette hope today goes a little more relaxing for you
So I am seriously hoping that this weekend I might actually get some of my sbing done myself. I just might. I haven't had 2 minutes to myself lately, not taht I'm complaining, I love being with my boys, but I just need to scrap!!!!!!
Everyone else, hope you have a great Thursday, one more day left!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Cool Tater!! I will have to check out that blog later.

Morning Shell!

Did my 2 mile walk and gotta hit the showers!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to ljloula

Good morning Shell, Laurie, Tater, Chas, Lynnette and all my other fantastic sistahs!

Tater! Congrats! I never win anything ever! I've followed Lain this month a little on the SS studio blog - will check out her scrap happy blog!

Lynette - hope you have had some rest and will pop in!

Chas - Yay on Izzy taking her meds! The hot dog idea sounds like it might work too....

Shell - Here's to some scrap time for you.... I am right there with you, and this week has been busy busy. I have the kids this weekend, so that doesn't usually translate to 'me-time' !!! Oh well, it is what it is!

Hey guys! So check out AliEs newsletter if you get a chance... it's about not saving things for 'someday' - like that fun scrapbook supply that we keep waiting for the perfect pictures for, etc. It's really a message I need to repeat to myself ALL THE TIME. I am bad about that!

Tonite is the UK-S.Carolina game. GO CATS!!! Big time game for the Boys in Blue. If they win, they go 2-0 in the SEC East and will be the only undefeated team in the East division. Their next two games are against LSU and then FL, albeit both at Commonwealth (that's at UK), and those are their two toughest games of the season. The S.Carolina coach has never lost a game against UK, and if they win, there will be a 3-way tie for first place (UK, FL and SC).... there is so much riding on this game!!!! 7:30, ESPN... I'll be right in front of the TV.... praying.... but UK is good, and I think they will win this one (although it might not be pretty). Feel free to become a Wildcat Fan tonite!

AC guys are supposed to be here to service the ac/heater for winter.... they are not here though. Wonder when they might decide to show up? That's all that is on the agenda til I pick up the girls. I've had visions of scrapbooking... we shall see....

Toodles! Have a fab Thursday.... It's almost Friday! Yay!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to MaryS.

Happy Friday-eve gals!

I don't know what got into my system yesterday, but I was NOT feeling good. Headache, throwing up blah!! I think the headache had something to do with the mold. The throwing up? who knows!!!

I'm feeling pretty weak this morning (expected after not eating/keeping anything down yesterday), but the headache is gone, and the toast is staying down too.

So hopefully that's it and I can still get out of town this weekend as I'd hoped.

Mary - I'm bad about saving stuff for "someday". Part of it is that once it's out of sight, I forget I have it. And I'm rooting for UK - beat the Cocks (Gamecocks!) and Spurrier.

Shell - hope you get some scraptime!!

Tater - congrats on the win. I'll have to check out those blogs.

Chas - another thing you might try is taking the treats to a different room. if she's used to getting meds in the kitchen, take her into the living room and try. It's all about experimenting and staying one step ahead of her - it's tough!

Case in point? I set my toast down on the coffee table and went to grab my laptop. The pugs snarfed one of the slices for me...

Laurie - good job on the 2mi today! And love the new avatar hahaha

Brigid - WTG on the weight loss!!! an M&M crisis? intriguing... and please come visit when you can.

Theresa - I haven't seen those letters either. I'll keep an eye out though.

I can't wait until Amber gets back - I'm sooo excited to hear about her trip.

GM to Trisha, Amanda and the rest of the gals out there!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

Hiya, girlies!!

Allie, hope you feel better, girl! I HATE throwing up. Makes me feels so weak. Hope you're able to keep your weekend plans!

Tater, congrats on the win!! That is so cool. Like Mary, I never win anything either. Doesn't keep me from trying though!! I do the Maps2Memories contest every week. I better win eventually!

Mary, GO UK!!! I hate Spurrier (from back in his Gator days). I'll be rooting for your team if you root for mine (UT vs Georgia this weekend!).

Shell, hope you get some scrap time in. I know for me its not only fun but therapeutic also.

Chas, I'm glad you were able to get Izzy to take her meds!! Mixing things up everytime you give her the pills will throw her off for sure!

Laurie, 2 miles!!!! Go you! I feel like a slug now. LOL!

Brigid, congrats on your weight loss!!! Those pounds will really start adding up over weeks.

Amanda, hope you're all rested up! Being as active as you are I don't see how you don't take every other day to sleep. You are move, move, move!!

Theresa, I don't recall seeing any of those alphas around here, but I'll keep an eye out.

I'm so excited about the 50% off coupon for J's this weekend! Its good Fri-Sun so I plan on going, well, Fri-Sun!! I'm going to drag DH with me so I he can stand in line behind me and use a coupon, too! If any of you have a J's nearby but not the internet coupon, PM me and I'll email it to you.

So one of the students in my lab got an iPhone over the weekend. It is soooo coooooool. I got to play with it a little. The screen is so vivid! I have seriouos phone envy!!

Well, I'm off to a lecture I hope proves productive to my studies. It probably won't be, but I'm giving it the benifit of the doubt.

Later girlies!!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

good morning my fellow sisters!!!!!

hope everyone is doing great. i am at my last morning at my evil job. i am working a shift at the scrapbook store tonight. marti (the owner) called and her mom is in the hospital so i am covering for her. they think her mom has had a small heart attack. :-(

good news today though---AMBER COMES HOME!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

While I am at the store I plan on working on the october contest for scrapbook warehouse. I will post a link once its up so whoever is interested can enter!!!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Chas - YAY for last day at the evil place!!!

I hope Marti's mom is ok - always scary to have a loved one in the hospital.

Michele - I am with you on the iPhone envy! I just can't justify spending that much on a phone....ah well. Maybe the price will keep dropping...

Can you send me the J's coupon?? wahoo! I'm sure there's *something* I have to have.

I'm ready to take a nap lol I hate feeling so weak!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Morning all! Just checking in before lunch...today is a busy day! Maybe I can check in later!

Chas...did you smile and do the paper thing yet

Allie- hope you feel better today...I bet the headache came from the mold and the other from the headache...I would stay out of there until they can fix it!

Michele- I have seen those phones they are fabulous, but after my dh got his crackberry (blackberry...we call it crackberry because it is like crack you can't put it down) I won't have a phone with all the gadgets because it will slow me down...hehe!

Brigid- Yay on your weight loss! That is great! And don't worry about checking in all the time...we understand!

Mary- DS has a ballgame tonight, but I assure you when we get home dh will be watching the game and I'll be keeping an eye out for your team!

Tater- WTG on winning...that is awesome!

Theresa- glad to have you back!

Morning to anyone I missed! Am off to lunch with some friends!!!!! BBL!!!!

Oh...and YAY Amber comes home today...don't forget her challenge on her blog...hip hop hooray...it is due by midnight tonight!!!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

• craftyamanda Said:
Chas...did you smile and do the paper thing yet

no i havent. i am working on the computer. but just as you encouraged i am half a$$ing it. LOL. i have been walking around and socializing and i know it is bugging her!

OH and i was a snoop and found out she did get written up for all that drama when she acted a fool towards me. she deserved it. you dont act like that to coworkers. oh and i did where my 'flip flops' and dont think i am not making as much noise as possible when i walk. LOL.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

It all makes you happier than ever that you can leave your evil job Chas!

Well, visit from my parent's has been postponed until the end of the month, which works out better schedule-wise. Bill has to work the Sunday, but will have the Sat. to visit. Hopefully we can get his Mom down then. She's always had issues with traveling, but seems to have a lot more anxiety about it lately. She's ok once she gets to where she's going, but it's not an easy thing to overcome. Too bad we couldn't have arranged all of this before Bill's father passed in 2005, but we can only go forward with things as they are now.

I'm off tomorrow and need to scrap, scrap, scrap!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to ljloula

WOOF!! Mornin' my favorite sistahs!!! My Rear end did not go to bed till 2:30 this morning and then I got up with Hubby at 4:30 to see him off to work and then I went back to bed!!! Just woke up, feel like Doodily now, should have just stayed up at 4:30

Chas-Yea for last day at work! Tell the old bat to' Kiss This" as the Aaron Tippin song goes.

Allie-no good with the headaches! Get out of da house and go do retail therapy for the headache and throwing up! Helps me.

Michele-no cell phone for me. I call them leashes. If ya wanna talk to me call me on the real phone or send up smoke signals. I will answer

Brigid-Yea for losing the 2 pounds. I probably found it. I really guess I need to get on a diet but the holidays are coming up and well heck I will diet the first of the year, maybe after Mardi Gras

Mary-Shouldn't they have checked your AC unit when they fixed it??? Just do not understand HVAC companies sometimes.

Football- Heck I do not know who we ( AUburn) even play this weekend!! I know it is Oklahoma-Texas ( Red River Rivalery) this weekend. Always happens during the State Fair

To everyone else Hugs to all

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Taterdawg

Tater - yes, it's Texas/OU weekend up here. That's why I'm getting out of town!!

Chas...just think - only a couple of hours left there. smile, smile, smile!

So far so good today. Just a little tired, but I can deal with that.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

where's Trisha..? did we lose her to school work or what?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Afternoon!

I am here just been busy Good news... I got two whole CJ pages done!!! WooooHooooo!

Allie: So sorry you've been sick... I hope it's not the mold making you ill. It can and will so be careful! I need to call Randy back he left a message about your dry wall.

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese
In response to Taterdawg

Afternoon sistahs!!!!!!!

Thanks for trying to help with the letters I was looking for, It just drives me nuts that I see them everywhere and can't get ahold of them!!

Tater Congrats on winning!!!! How cool is that!!!

Shell, I know what you mean about time, I would LOVE more time to scrapbook too!!

Brigid, I'm Back!!! LOL!!!!!! I just need to get done with the cj, and I hope to get scrapping more!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Allie, I hope you are feeling better!!!!

Laurie, Can't wait to see your layouts!!

Amanda, I have to search for those Pressed petal letters , they may work!!

Hello to Mary, Chelle, Michele, Chas and anyone else I missed...

off to take Topanga to the vet, she got some kind of awful cough...talk to ya later!!

Page 2 of 91 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics