Page 4 of 91 
Username Post: Scissor Sisters CG - ***Full and Active!!***        (Topic#1436719)
classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda
In response to Chasity Grace

Morning all!

To do list:
house clean- check
Workout- check
getting scrappy stuff ready- check
contemplating going out and buying new scrappy stuff and some cinnamon sun chips- Of course!

Hehe! Been busy today! All I have left to do is vacuum the upstairs and take a shower...I want to scrap, but don't feel any mojo right now...thinking retail therapy might help!

Amber- Add more people! It is always nice to meet newbies! And off to check out your blog for day 2....and to find some cinnamon sun chips...yummo!

Chas- You are too funny! You can get your paper done!

Allie- glad you had a great trip and glad to have you back!!!!

Lynette- Hope your work day gets better....just sing Devo...whip it...whip it into shape...go for it...it's not to late to whip it! hehe! Oh...and I saw that smiley family and totally thought of Jennifer too!

Jennifer- *hugs* sounds like you have a busy week!

Theresa- WTG on the cj...whew I only have almost all of them left to do...lol!

Morning everyone else...off to find out this weeks challenge for the tournament I am doing on another site! Maybe that will put me in the scrappy mood!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda
In response to classiclyamanda

Hey...found this on another site I am on...just thought I would post it in case anyone wanted to do it!

My Aunt emailed us that Micheal was shipped out to Iraq

Ladies please I don't ask anyone much of anyone but can you please post this on any site you are on, lets flood him with cards please

here is the email she sent

WE TALKED TO MICHAEL TODAY. HE LEFT FT. CAMPBELL , KY SEPT AND WENT TO TIKRIT, IRAQ. HE WILL BE THERE 15 MONTHS.

HE IS DOING FINE AND SOUNDED GOOD. WEATHER IS VERY HOT AND DUSTY.

HE IS OVER A GROUP OF ABOUT 20 GUYS DOING INTERROGATING. HE WAS PROMOTED TO SGT. FIRST CLASS THE FIRST OF AUG.

TIME DIFFERENCE IS 8 HR. TILL TIME CHANGE THEN 9 HR.

HIS ADDRESS IS:

SFC MICHAEL DAY

B CO/1STB/1BCT/1AD

COB SPEICHER

APO AE 09393

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Good morning all! It's Monday, but yes, I am still high from this weekend, so nothing will bring me down!

Let's see... Amber - I say let 'em in too... I was so fortunate to get in last time as well!

Amanda - Hope your cousin (?) is well and stays well. I have a friend whose sister is collecting scrap supplies to give to wives at Ft. Campbell to let them make scrapbooks etc.... I thought that was so nice, and I was so happy to contribute!

Chas - How's the paper? Back to it! (LOL! You'll get it done. Most of my best work was done up against a looming deadline!)

Jennifer - Well, I missed the cover too! I'll find it...

Laurie - AH! A Lux urious morning of quiet. Please expound, because I know not those!

Allie - So glad you are back! We missed you!

Trisha - Good morning!

Sam - Where's the crop report!?

Theresa - Howdy! Um, I'm right about where Amanda is on CJ work... a little behind...

Tater - So sorry about the Saints!!!! boo!!! But didn't I see Auburn won? Does that help a little? We play LSU this weekend -- believe in miracles!

Chelle - Wow! Sounds like you had quite the nite out, and your GF?? OMG! Too funny! I'd be dying if it had been me, but then you've got to just suck it up and take it! lol! How was the movie?

Michele - Oh, being unbusy at work is the worst. I know that well because usually I sit here twiddling my thumbs trying to find ways to look busy. Oh well. That's how it goes....

Lynette - One step at a time, right? Before you know it, the list will be finished and your desk will be sane again!

Brigid! Hey! Hi Jennifer! I will check out your cover next... sorry I missed it the first time around...

Ok, off to finish up my lunch. Hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday!

toodles!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to MaryS.

The land of multi-posters....

Uh, Amanda! Thanks for the Devo tune... it is now stuck in my head...

CRACK THAT WHIP!!!!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to MaryS.

Hey gals,

My mother & brother called - he's out of surgery and doing just fine. He sounded a bit drugged up, as I'm sure he is!!! whew...glad that part is over. Now it's the recovery.

Thanks for all of your good thoughts!

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese
In response to TxAllieGrl

That's fantastic news Allie!!!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-08-07 09:36 AM

Morning Mary, I bet you are still on a high!! That's great

Allie - glad to hear your brother came through ok. I'll be wishing him a speedy recovery.

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to MrsVo

Yay, Allie!! So glad you got word he's out of surgery and doing well!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to MM Custom Creations

allie- glad to hear it all went well!

the paper is D-O-N-E!!! my brain is slowly returning back to solid for from mush. LOL. i do say thanks to amanda who has a soap box about my topic so she wrote my conclusion paragraph for me almost all the way over the phone! i love you forever amanda!!! hehe

now time to relax until class tonight. hope everyone has a fabulous monday. izzy was so good while i wrote my paper. she sat on the deck for an hour people watching and then slept in my bed the other four hours! YAY!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

she loves to sleep

this is the give me my treat face i dont want to sit for a picture

and she loves to sit on the balcony and watch people.

just wanted to share some izzy pics.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

She's such a dear! TFS

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to ljloula

Cute pics, Chas! And congrats on finishing the paper.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

OMG OMG OMG. LOCAL LADIES!!!! LEIGH ANNE IS CLOSING HER STORE!!! YAY! I know you like her lynette, im sorry.

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to MaryS.

Hope your having a Merry of a day.... Mary! lol

This is for all of us holiday dieters

A Dieter's Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas and all round my hips
Were Fannie May candies that sneaked past my lips.
Fudge brownies were stored in the freezer with care
In hopes that my thighs would forget they were there.

While Mama in her girdle and I in chin straps
Had just settled down to sugar-borne naps.
When out in the pantry there arose such a clatter
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the kitchen I flew like a flash
Tore open the icebox then threw up the sash.
The marshmallow look of the new-fallen snow
Sent thoughts of a binge to my body below.

When what to my wandering eyes should appear:
A marzipan Santa with eight chocolate reindeer!
That huge chunk of candy so luscious and slick
I knew in a second that I'd wind up sick.

The sweet-coated Santa, those sugared reindeer
I closed my eyes tightly but still I could hear;
On Pritzker, on Stillman, on weak one, on TOPS
A Weight Watcher dropout from sugar detox.

From the top of the scales to the top of the hall
Now dash away pounds now dash away all.
Dressed up in Lane Bryant from my head to nightdress
My clothes were all bulging from too much excess.

My droll little mouth and my round little belly
They shook when I laughed like a bowl full of jelly.
I spoke not a word but went straight to my work
Ate all of the candy then turned with a jerk.

And laying a finger beside my heartburn
I gave a quick nod toward the bedroom I turned.
I eased into bed, to the heavens I cry
If temptation's removed I'll get thin by and by.

And I mumbled again as I turned for the night
In the morning I'll starve...'til I take that first bit

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Melbas Pal

As promised, here's the sneak peeks! I only spent $16 at Jo's and Michael's today, but I did get some things I need for the rest of my cj pages.

CJ Sneak Peeks

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

• ScrappyChas Said:
OMG OMG OMG. LOCAL LADIES!!!! LEIGH ANNE IS CLOSING HER STORE!!! YAY! I know you like her lynette, im sorry.

Is that ScrapUSA in Murfreesboro?

Going to check out Laurie's sneak peeks!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Michele- Yep...scrappin usa in murfreesboro. She may be mean to people, but I hate to see so many LSS'S closing...soon you will only be able to buy online or at discount stores that don't carry nearly the selection of high end scrappy products...how sad!

Mary- What a great Monday! And that isn't my cousin it is some lady from another site...I just copied and pasted it...she is trying to get a bunch of cards sent and asked us to post it in other places for her!

Chas- Glad I could help and ride my soapbox at the same time...and that you finished! YAY!

Allie- glad to hear about your brother! Will be praying for a speedy recovery!

Laurie- Love your sneaks!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Oh and this is for Mary!

[image][/image]

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Amanda! I love that! Crack that whip! Whip it good! (and sorry I misunderstood about your un-cousin! lol!)

Amber - Hideeho! yes, quite the high today! Can't wait to hear more about China! (hint)

Allie -- GREAT news about your bro. I'll be wishing him a speedy recovery.

Chas - Yay! Great news about your paper. And great news about the yucky store owner, but I'm with Amanda as well -- it's sad to see them close. And those pics of Izzy??? Ack! Too adorable!

Hello SSSSP!!!! Wow! I am so loved! I love that ditty.... and yeah, it fits!

Hellow Michele! Hello Laurie! Off to check out the gallery peeks!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to MaryS.

Sorry for ANOTHER multi-post!

Dang! Theresa! I didn't register you -- love the avi!!!!

I've been meaning to ask if any of you have gotten the Wendy Smedley/Aby Garvey book "The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker" ?? It's a lovely book - just pretty to look at... But it's also got some great exercises inside to help you figure out how you work... Anyway, if you do have it, and are interested, I was thinking about possibly trying to team up with someone to work through some of it??? Just shoot me a PM!

Ok, I think that's it....

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to MaryS.

Mary - that book sounds interesting. I may check it out.

No scrapping tonight. Hopefully tomorrow!

hope everyone has a great night.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

i agree it is sad that local scrap stores are closing and here is my thing. #1 you MUST HAVE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! to stay in business and #2 i dont feel it will be long til there are no more lss's becuase people sell out to the chain stores. that is one of my soapboxes having been a store owner. small stores cannot compete with joann's hobby lobby michaels and all the other stores like that. i mean big lots, the dollar tree krogers walmart and target all have scrap stuff. i agree with amanda its not the same, but there is no way to compete. thats why i do not go anymore to a chain store for scrapbook stuff unless its something i cant get at a local store. i am an advocate of supporting our local stores. i would much rather frequent a local store where i get to know the employees than to go to a chain store where they dont care about me. i mean thats how i met jenn, lynette (the 2nd time) amber and amanda. out of my store that was a roller coaster in my life i met four great friends. and that would never happen at a chain store. sorry thats my soapbox. ill get off it for now.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Chas - it's a great soapbox - and I totally agree with you!!

I think the discount stores have a horrible selection. At the same time, I can't always afford the prices at an LSS.

I do agree that customer service is the key, as is product. I go to the LSS because they carry stuff the box stores don't. I also like the classes at the LSS.

So I hate to see the LSS's all closing up. I don't know that it's happening here, but I know it's happening in a lot of places.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

Okay ladies!

Here is the link to the contest I am hosting for Scrapbook Warehouse!

http://www.scrapbookwarehouse.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t...

I hope that you all submit something!!! The owners just let me start hosting monthly contests since I have been back at the store after I suggested it to help build the online community. So this is a first.

and an addition to the previous post of mine. dont be offended by my soapbox if you like to shop at chain stores. it's just something as a previous store owner i have felt the effects of so its personal to me and it is my soapbox. just dont want to offend anyone!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Just poking my head in to say night!

I'll catch up tomorrow...

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Creative Chaos

Morning all!

I don't have a LSS ~ there's a stamping store that has some fibers and embellishments, but its' not the same. I end up buying a lot on-line, because the chains just have the basics. There was a scrap store in one of the malls, and the rumor is that they are going to reopen in a suburb at a larger location, but we keep waiting, waiting and it's not happening. Sigh.

I'm cooled down and off to the showers..have a good morning ~ Lynette, where are you?

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to ljloula

Morning Ladies,

Chas ~ Re Greys, I am too in love with George and too mad at Meredeth to be able to think about anything else lol.

Amber ~ Jet lag does indeed suck totally. Takes me a good week or two to be able to get back to normal when I fly to the UK n back...
Re opening up the thread, I think it would be good to add 2 more to make it 20 ... New blood is always good!
I also agree with Lynette ... Ty for doing what you do!

Lynette ~ Re the job, been there done it. I HATE getting behind on stuff.

Allie ~ It's great your brother is ok!!

Chas ~ Congrats on getting the paper done on time ... Those pictures of Izzy are adorable ... It's not always easy to tell by pictures, but her skin seems to be looking ok in those pictures .. is the treatment working? *Fingers and toes crossed*

Also re the SBWH contest ... I think I would need about 6 12x12 LOs to say what I love about fall!!! lol.

Laurie ~ I don't have a LLS either, Just Michaels and AC Moore, both you have to pay thru the nose for. I try to find things in dollar tree and stuff because I HATE paying $3 for a simple flower embellishment. Seems such a waste.

Ok I need to get my self motivated to go to Curves! Anyone want to go for me? :P

Hi to everyone else!

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer

Good morning sisters!
I am jumping in real quick..I have to take my boys to school now...
catch ya later...

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Good morning! It's overcast and rainy today, so no tennis. But, that means maybe I should clean a little, then perhaps, maybe, I will go scrap a little. I have such good intentions!

Chas - I love debating this particular topic! It's an interesting one to me... The LSS's have closed around here, but we still have a small local craft store that has a pretty good SB section. And we have an Archiver's. As far as big chains, Ms and HL are the only two. Of course, there is Target,WM, the dollar stores, and whoever else might have a few SB things. How do you feel about Archivers? They are a chain, but completely dedicated to SBing. The store is beautiful: well lit, good stock, sale items, Coupons , pretty good staff, great class space, good classes (although mostly beginner), crops. I find it so interesting that Archivers was started by men! I wonder how much just business experience has played into the fates of so many LSSs? There are the real factors of chain contracts and the prices that they can get from SB manufacturers vs what LSS owners pay. How about the online stores? How do they factor into the whole equation? You've obviously had firsthand experience in all these things, and it's good to hear your opinions, based on those experiences. I think this is a great topic of discussion!

Hey Chelle! - Hope the workout was good!

Hi Laurie!

Hey Allie! Get the book, get the book... then do the workbook with me!

Hope everyone is having a good morning.... I am still not used to this ring I am wearing.... but I am loving having it!

Ok, off to get the day started!

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to MaryS.

Ho, Ho, Ho!! I hope Trisha is being a good girl so Santa can fill her goody box up with lots and lots of lovely scrapbook items!

Here's a little bit of humor for your morning!

The Martha Stewart Holidays "To Do" List

December 1
Blanch carcass from Thanksgiving turkey.
Spray paint gold, turn upside down and use as
a sleigh to hold Christmas Cards.

December 2
Have Mormon Tabernacle Choir record outgoing
Christmas message for answering machine.

December 3
Using candlewick and hand-gilded miniature
pine cones, fashion cat-o'-nine-tails. Flog Gardener.

December 4
Repaint Sistine Chapel ceiling in ecru, with mocha trim.

December 5
Get new eyeglasses. Grind lenses myself.

December 6
Fax family Christmas newsletter to
Pulitzer committee for consideration.

December 7
Debug Windows '98.

December 10
Align carpets to adjust for curvature of Earth.

December 11
Lay Faberge egg.

December 12
Take Dog apart. Disinfect. Reassemble.

December 13
Collect Dentures. They make excellent
pastry cutters, particularly for decorative pie crusts.

December 14
Install plumbing in gingerbread house.

December 15
Replace air in mini-van tires with Glade
"Holiday Scents" in case tires are shot out at mall.

December 17
Child proof the Christmas tree with garland of razor wire.

December 19
Adjust legs of chairs so each Christmas
dinner guest will be same height when sitting
at his or her assigned seat.

December 20
Dip sheep and cows in egg whites and roll in
confectioner's sugar to add a festive sparkle to the pasture.

December 21
Drain city reservoir; refill with mulled cider,
orange slices and cinnamon sticks.

December 22
Float votive candles in toilet tank.

December 23
Seed clouds for white Christmas.

December 24
Do my annual good deed. Go to several stores.
Be seen engaged in last minute Christmas shopping,
thus making many people feel less
inadequate than they really are.

December 25
Bear son. Swaddle. Lay in color coordinated
manger scented with homemade potpourri.

December 26
Organize spice racks by genus and phylum.

December 27
Build snowman in exact likeness of God.

December 31
New Year's Eve! Give staff their resolutions.
Call a friend in each time zone of the world as
the clock strikes midnight in that country.

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese

morning!

Chas, Those pics of Izzy are precious!! About the LSS, mine does not really have anything that is new, so I opt to just buy online. I hardly ever buy from Michaels...ect, they never have the newest thing I want.

Mary, thanks for the love on my avatar!

Chelle, Sorry, I am in a hate exercise phase right now!!

Hello to everyone else!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda
In response to Mom2CamiandReese

Oh my! I LOVE the Martha Stewart Christmas thing! TOO FUNNY! It makes me want to decorate for Christmas Now, but alas....it still isn't Halloween and I think DH would kill me. He already doesn't like it that I decorate the weekend before Thanksgiving, but we go out of town the week of Thanksgiving and I want it to be done when I get home! Hehe!

Okay...so I got my scrap stuff out last night and my to do list and sat there forever pushing stuff around so after 2 hours I gave up. I just have no scrappy mojo right now! Ugh! Then I need to work on stuff this morning, but I am not going to do it until I go workout and I can't seem to get myself motivated! SEND ME GOOD EXERCISE AND SCRAPPY VIBES! I want to get something done before I have to leave for work!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-09-07 05:48 AM

I agree Amanda - she may be mean, but it's always sad to loose a LSS. I hate buying online I like to see the stuff in person and feel how thick it is before I buy it.

Mary - I heard some people talking about that book recently. I'd love to know if you think it's worthwhile once you get into it. And don't worry you'll get used to that rock

Allie - no scrapping here either. I did edit some more photos from that wedding John did last weekend. I want to get those finished up soon, but there are so many!! I've been using Photoshop as well as the Portrait Professional software that Liz told us about. I decided to buy it b/c it is so much faster for editing people than photoshop, but I still have to do some edits in PS b/c PP is really just for faces.

Chas - you know I'm right beside you on your soapbox I'll check out your SBW challenge later tonight.

Laurie - Lynette was on the phone with me calling my favorite resteraunt a dirty word!!!

Morning Chelle! I'm so sad so many of you don't have a LSS. You should come visit TN, we have several!

Morning Jennifer!!

Oh my goodness - Martha Stuart Christmas is too funny!!

Hi Theresa! I'm in an "Exersize?? What's that Phase" LOL! But I need to get in gear, we do a 5 mile race every Thanksgiving and I am way outta shape right now!

Thank you for all the feedback on membership. I'm going to open up 2 spots tonight when I get home. One will go to the person on our waiting list, and another possible interest. Hopefully we'll fill quickly and have some fun new scrappers to get to know!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to MrsVo

chelle- i love george too but i dont know who i want him with callie or izzy. meredith annoys me to. i love dr. bailey!!! and i take izzy back to the vet friday to i will know then if she is getting better. she is such a sweet girl. although she has her moments. i hope her test is negative friday!!!

mary-i have never been to an archivers and from what i understand it is similar to a local store. so i dont really have an opinon on that one. we dont have one around here. i think that business exerience can play a part in it but its not everything. i didnt have business experience but i know that others have. its a very hard business. as jenn would tell you you must find your nitch! when it comes to online stores i dont buy online cause i am too cheap to pay the expensive shipping, but if it was all i had except the chain stores i would. plus like the store i work at has an online store. its not the best, but they try. so sometimes shopping online does support your local stores. and when it comes to only hving chain stores i think sometimes you have to shop online to find those unique cool things they dont carry. i agree that the chain stores can get a better discount that the local stores. for example when i was having hard times i would go to big lots or hl when their stuff was 1/2 off and buy it and put it in my store. cause i was saving shipping that way and i could buy things in smaller quantities. its what i had to do to have some product in my store. when i as a store owner it was hard to know that scrappers could go to hl and get stuff at my costs. how could i ever beat their price. i only marked up 2.1% which was recommended by a sales rep. how was i supposed to pay my bills and compete. it doesnt happen.

Theresa- i agree that micheals never has the new cool stuff. its been a long time since i have been to one, but they always seemed to have the same selection.

amber-what resturant is that she is calling a dirty word? and i agree i love to touch my supplies too prebuying. call me one your way home tonight and i will head that way.

so all in all i think we all need to prepare ourselves that in the next 3-5 years we will only be buying online or from chain stores. they will in the end run all the local's out of business. this is my soapbox and i try really hard to not step on anyones toes!!!!

oh and i turned the paper in last night!!! WHOOHOO. so every morning my bff, jay, that was my roomie in utah calls me on his way to work. its our thing i guess. he gives me a wakeup call. which is a much better way to wake up than hearing the dang alarm. anyways we are talking and i was super sleepy and he was telling me i needed to wake up and he says go look outside. my heart leaps becuase it have seen him in 3 months now and i am missing him for sure!! i asked him are you outside. he said just go look. i get out of bed, make myself presentable, and the booger starts laughing. he was tricking me so i would get out of bed. i was like that is so mean!!! i told him i miss you and thats not nice to do cause i really hoped you were there. LOL. silly boys. anyways i bought my plane ticket a few weeks ago so i am going on vacation to salt lake in 24 days. im on a countdown. im so excited!!! my marky mark is picking me up from the airport and we are going straight to chipotle to eat lunch. LOL. one of my favs i cant get here.

hope everyone has a fabulous day!

dont forget to check out my contest!!!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

GM ladies,

It's already been hectic here today. Took the dang cat to the vet - she's constipated again. 3rd time. I'm honestly ready to put her down - harsh or callous as that may sound. If her body isn't functioning, why make her suffer??

Instead I get a lecture from the vet about putting her on a prescription diet. I honestly don't believe in prescription diets - they are ways for the vets to make $$, and there's just as good foods available mass market. UGH
So the cat got an enema, I'm now broke (again), and now I'm irritated with the vet to boot.

Rant over...

I talked to the roofers today, I'm scheduled for the 16th. I wish I didn't have to wait so long...but not sure what else to do (and I've already begged them to move it up).

hellloooooo to everyone!!!

Mary - maybe next paycheck I'll look for that book. blah!

I'll bbl when I'm less self-centered/involved and can chit chat with y'all LOL

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-09-07 07:20 AM

LOL Allie you're not self centered. I can't belive they gave your cat an enema. Gross!! And I totally feel you on exorbant vet bills. With all the trouble I had with Genie's eye before I left, I come home yesterday from work to find Einstein's eye goopy and the hair around it misssing. I am keeping an eye on it for now, but if it gets worse it's to the vet AGAIN. It hasn't gooped anymore so I think perhaps he got something in it, then rubbed it against his pillow so much his hair fell out. At leat I hope that's all it is.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Allie ~ Can I recommend a food to you if I may? It's done wonders for Winston's tummy.

When they came to us they were on Science Diet and as you know Winston had Coccidia.
(Which gave the extreme opposite of your problem LOL)

He had it for 8 weeks before we could shift it and all these antibiotics where only taking it so far as soon as we stopped them it would come right back 100 times worse.

I decided to take a look at the boys food (as I mentioned to Chas) and the Science Diet (apart from looking like nasty coy carp food) is .. just full of poop. I guess people seem to think because it is sold at the vets it is the best thing. Just a money horse me thinks.

So anyhow I went wandering around Petco and came across Castor and Pollox natural catfood.
(This is the kitten food link, but they do adult, senior and indoor cat types too)

It is made from stuff cats can digest. No fillers, no by products, no wheat or corn. (All things that can stuff them up or give them the runs)

The change in Winston was nothing short of amazing ... with in 3 to 4 days his poos were perfectly normal, both their coats are gleaming, soft and silky and if it's possible they are even more boasterious lol

This is their FAQ page with tonnes of information on it about the product. It explains it a 1000 times better then I could.

They love the stuff, It actually looks quite yummy for humans to!!! haha It has actually dried fruits and veggies in with the biscuits!
My daft two sit and eat the vegg/fruit first and then eat the biscuits!

Boys!

Ohh on a side note, I made a appoint to have their nuts lopped off *Evil cackle*
John's sitting with crossed legs

Feel better Allie, I know it's really frustrating when you just can't seem to cure it, I was at my wits end with Winston and his butt!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Poor Winston and his butt!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to ljloula

Chelle - thanks for the food rec. I totally agree about the Hill's/Science Diet stuff. it's ********, and it's expensive ********.

Does that company make canned food? they want me to feed her the wet mixed with kibble. I hate the canned because it stinks to high heaven and makes me ill. for 11 freakin years the cat has had nothing but kibble... I'm hoping there is some wet out there that doesn't stench like dead fish.

Thanks for listening to my cat butt woes. Sorry if it's TMI!!!

I'm so excited about everyone's CJ peeks!!!

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese
In response to ljloula

Has anyone starting seeing pigs flying in the past 1/2 hour?????????? or Maybe you may have just came across the news that The devil is in ear muffs due to the HUGE freeze?????

My DH just called me up to inform me that he has been calling places for estimates on an addition for our house, because he had a dream and wants to start trying for a 3rd?????? OMG!!!!!! HE was the one who absolutely did not want another child, esp a third one {don't get me wrong, he loves Cams, he was just happy with one} I am happy to be without the bottles, baby food ect, I was just happy that Cams is out of the crawling, getting into things stage....NOW THIS????LOL!
He clearly has gone mad.....

sorry just had to share!!!!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda
In response to ljloula

Hey all...just checking in again before work...been sitting trying to get inspired by the cj...have ideas and pics picked out for half of them the others I am lacking in mojo right now! Hoping to get them uploaded so I can pick them up when school is over today and scrap!

Hey Amber...I know this sounds stupid, but the guy that taught our camera class uses Picassa to do his wedding prints! It is VERY user friendly and FREE! I downloaded and LOVE it! You might try that...when I say EASY I mean EASY! Hope that helps you get finished quicker!

Oh..just a quick note...my pumpkin guts lo was an honorable mention out of the group of lo's for the tournament I am in! That means I am 4th or 5th for my lo! How exciting! There were some really good entries...and I believe there were 20-25 competing! Yay!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Great news Amanda!

Allie - I can't stand the smell of the wet food either. I've only done it when someone is sick or having a problem. Then they like to go back to the kibble as soon as they feel better. Lucky for me. For treats I use these freeze dried all natural chicken fillet things that the cats love. Dinah is a fiend for real chicken or turkey roasting in the oven...but Tucker has minimal interest.

I hope she stays free-flowin' and unblocked

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to ljloula

Hrmmmm... I logged on to read about cat butt problems... Mmmm Hmmmm... going to go back out and come back in later.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Sorry Michele!!!!

Amanda - sending some mojo your way. and congrats on the tournament HM! I love your LOs.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Chelle - thanks for the food rec. I totally agree about the Hill's/Science Diet stuff. it's ********, and it's expensive ********.

Does that company make canned food? they want me to feed her the wet mixed with kibble. I hate the canned because it stinks to high heaven and makes me ill. for 11 freakin years the cat has had nothing but kibble... I'm hoping there is some wet out there that doesn't stench like dead fish.

Thanks for listening to my cat butt woes. Sorry if it's TMI!!!

I'm so excited about everyone's CJ peeks!!!

Yep Yep they do! If you go Here and click on what your cat is, for example an indoor cat, Senior cat (Which I would guess at 11?) it gives you a list of products for that age, including wet food.
Chicken and veggie casserole! Salmon and veggies, Turkey and Veggies! Cats get fed better then me lol.

If you go Here and put in your zip code it will bring up stores near you that stock the products

I just leave the dry down for the boys to go to when they are hungry and feed them a can of wet each once a day.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to ljloula

• ljloula Said:
Poor Winston and his butt!

I'm telling you, You've seen everything when a kitten fart as loud as a human is so disgusted with his own poop that he pulls the cat "stinky" face and buries it like his life depended on it....

If you have never seen a cat stinky face ... it looks something like this:

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Dinah does the cat stinky face all the time! Cats can smell things we can't I tell her she's being like a lion when she does that

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Multiple poster time!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Theresa ~ Just think of all the new scrap booking opportunities!!!
Tell him, you'll have a third if he deals with bottles and nappys and you can spend your time making SBing albums

Amanda ~ MoJo on it's way!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Sorry Michele!!!!

No biggie, just caught me by surprise! Hope you find a cheaper cure for your kitty in the info that Chelle is providing.

Theresa, I think I just saw a huge pig fly past my window at work. Please explain to your DH how much work it will be to have a 3rd child!!

Chelle & Laurie, I only WISH my dogs would react to the noises that come out of their bodies. They can stink up a room and not even flinch! And they are suppose to have superior noses. Hmph! Of course, it is entertaining when they do pass a bit of gas and it catches them by surprise and they look behind them with this look of "what the heck was that???"

Amanda, congrats on the honorable mention! That's awesome! Hope you got your mojo back!

Amber, loved China Day 2 (Part2)! Chinese fugitive indeed!!!

Chas, I hear ya on the lss vs chain stores. But I have to say I'm too frugal to buy something at an lss that I know a chain store has. That way I can save my money to buy more things at the lss that I want and can't find anywhere else. I hope it doesn't come to all the independent stores closing. That would be really sad for our hobby. (I hate paying postage if I have to order off the internet, too!)

Hi Mary, Brigid, Tater and everyone else!!!

We are FINALLY working on publications at work. In the 3 years I've been here, we've only put out 1 paper with my name on it and it was only 2 months ago!! I'm ready for my work to be published!!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

My goodness.... had to do a couple of pages of reading to catch up!

Scrap Stores: I do enough shopping to support the local scrap stores and the chain stores.
"I'm not kidding ladies" Just ask Allie....
Example: At the LSS I teach at; They had a special customer appreciation day and invited the top 100 customers... Guess what number I was on the list??
Number 2.... Then the second store in Arlington called my store because they thought it was funny that I was number 5 on their list and I worked at the sister store.... Thank god I make enough money to support my habit and Andy has no idea how much I really spend! LOL

My turn on the soap box! Why are old ladies so cranky and mean? My neighbor is President of the
Womens club and had asked me to teach a paint can class. I charged just for the supplies and NOT my time.... Gave then a choice of Christmas, Halloween, or Birthday. Got the cans and paper...
even went so far as to cut the paper for them and package it up in bags. All they had to do was glue and embellish it. First a few of them b*tched about the choice of papers then they gripped about
not being able to buy more than one to do and then
they had the nerve to complain because I did not give them patterns so they could go home and make more! Do you know how much I charged each one of these lovely ladies.... $5
I will never again try and be nice when it comes to something like this again... I always get Scr*wed!

Okay feel better now....

Santa: loved the Martha Stewart blurb... Made me laugh. I am being very good... I did not strangle a single retired lady today "I am very proud of that fact".

Well the stress of the day demands that I go take a nap. Hopefully I will be in a better frame of mind when I wake up!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to TrishaLouise

Ugh, Trisha, what a bunch of nasty old ladies. Don't you just hate it when you go out of your way to do something nice and that is what you get in return?! Buncha hags.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

• Mom2CamiandReese Said:
Has anyone starting seeing pigs flying in the past 1/2 hour?????????? or Maybe you may have just came across the news that The devil is in ear muffs due to the HUGE freeze?????

My DH just called me up to inform me that he has been calling places for estimates on an addition for our house, because he had a dream and wants to start trying for a 3rd?????? OMG!!!!!! HE was the one who absolutely did not want another child, esp a third one {don't get me wrong, he loves Cams, he was just happy with one} I am happy to be without the bottles, baby food ect, I was just happy that Cams is out of the crawling, getting into things stage....NOW THIS????LOL!
He clearly has gone mad.....

sorry just had to share!!!!

Heh-heh! All I can say is men are not like us. Keep us posted on developments!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

trisha i would have been upset too!!!! but ya know one of my grandma's would have been the same way. she does stuff like that to me all the time and gets under my skin. maybe its something that happens with age. who knows. im just glad my mom is no acting all crazy like you hear women do when they go through menopause. she is still the same ol momma shes always been just with hot flashes.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

• trishalouise Said:
I am being very good... I did not strangle a single retired lady today "I am very proud of that fact".

Well the stress of the day demands that I go take a nap. Hopefully I will be in a better frame of mind when I wake up!

That is too bad ~ but I know Santa is smiling down on your efforts to spread scrapping to the cranky and unenlightened! Have a good nap and feel better.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Trisha - I cannot believe they had the nerve to complain about the paper we chose and everything else!!! Ungrateful ole biddies..

I told ya $5 was too cheap!

And yes - Trisha does shop enough to keep at least 2 of the local LSS's on sale. And how come I'm not a top 100??? sheessh I get no love..

Theresa - I can look up DH's dream in my book of dreams. I am sure it is not a literal interpretation!!!

Michele - YAY for publication!!!

Amber - I dont think I would have the guts to follow those ladies back to their "special stores" either. Although my friend scored some awesome bags by doing that.

My dogs are horrible about passing gas. My oldest likes to do it in the middle of the night right in my face - talk about a rude awakening!

I'm brainfried now..I think I'm going to set my laptop aside and do something FUN. like nap..or scrap. lol

The pugs are napping and snoring away...hmmmm decisions decisions.

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Hm... interesting posts today....

It sounds like everyone's cat's butt should be improved by this wonder-food! I might check it out as we have an abundance of cat butts around this house....

Trisha - <sigh> It's too bad some people are like that.... I sometimes think that people of a 'certain generation' have always had to be so frugal, due to economic circumstances beyond their control, that they just can't help themselves. But when you are getting something like that for next-to-nothing, it is so disheartening! It is so RUDE! I do not get it...

Michele - That's great about getting work published!

Amanda - Congrats on the HM! Sending scrappy vibes to you..... (doodoodoodoo~~~~~~ ala Wayne's World)

Amber - Good luck on the pics.... and getting over the jet lag. Next I am going to your blog to see day 2!! The Organizing book is good, it is like a work book to help you figure out what will work for you and your specific space, not a "do this and you will be organized" book. I like it - it has beautiful pictures, practical solutions, and some fun solutions. (And yes, I will get used to the rock!!!! )

Secret Santa Pal - LOVED the MS poem... I lol!

Chas - That was not a nice trick your friend played... but it was funny and got ya out of bed!!! Great job on turning in the paper. And I guess I see Archivers as perfecting the niche market store? It's like they figured it all out and will gradually take over where the LSS leave off... whereever that will be. And I totally didn't mean to suggest that success or failure at a LSS had only to do with business experience! Sorry, I just wonder if it has any impact at all! I know that SB stores have unique situations in retail and with so many big box stores stocking various things, it's been interesting to see the industry change over the years. And I am with ya'll on 'touching/feeling' the merchandise. I'm like that with everything. But every once in a while, when I've pounded the pavement and REALLY want something, I will order online. And the kit club scene! That's another impact on the LSS. I can personally attest to the fact that I have not bought much of anything locally due to the kit I get each month. Love it!

Theresa - Well! I believe I saw a few pigs fly by just a minute ago! LOL! Oh, girl! What a dilemma! But you will figure it out together and make the best decision for your family.... Three is alot! I love all my girls so very much, but mine were spaced 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 years apart. Starting over in diapers and bottles was definitely harder the third time around!

Chelle - Glad to hear Winston's problem has been rectified (Ah! LOL!) .... cat's not going where they are supposed to is no good, no good at all...

Ok, I think I have a free evening tonite. Whatever shall I do? Oh! I saw a preview last nite for the new "Elizabeth: The Golden Years" movie with Cate Blanchett!!! I am just about to start a biography about her! I've already read 3 historical fiction novels about her, and I have yet another to read after this bio. I'm in love with Tudor history.... (and I swear I'm not crazy!)....

Hope everyone has a terrific evening!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to MaryS.

WHew!!! Y'all talk alot!!!! HEHEHE Instead of Scissor Sisters we need to be Blabbing sisters!!!!

Tater is recovered from the weekend of C R A P P Y Football teams!!! Dang Saints and Chiefs are gonna be the death of my Fantasy football teams!!!

Tater and I went into my room today and did some major purging. I was sorting while she was putting stuffins into 2 boxes. Well those 2 boxes are pretty full now. They are not big boxes but photo size boxes. Now here comes the fun!!! I am gonna ask a questionand the first 2(TWO) people that aswers the question correctly will get to chose a number 1 or 2/ They will then receive the Taterdawg purge. Not really any paper but all sorts of goodie embellishments, eyelets, brads, stickers, STAMPS, ribbon all sorts of good Taterdawg pickins. So here is the question.

How many cats and how many dogs do I have in the house??? Pretty simple if you just look around

Let's see who knows the Tater!!! I will be checking back later on

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Taterdawg

Sending you a PM Tater! I wish I could train Dinah and Tucker to put things IN boxes instead of taking them OUT....

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to ljloula

Well HO HO HO!!! Merry Merry, Miss Laurie!!!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

I love it!!!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to ljloula

Okay Ms Laurie Pm was correct!!!! Which box 1 or 2????

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Taterdawg

Woo-hoo! I like even numbers, so I pick "2".

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to ljloula

I PM'd you, too, Tater!!

And if sb.com moves any slower I'm gonna chunk my 'puter out the window!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

I forgot to respond earlier Michele ~ but I think it's really good that they are moving on publishing papers again so you can get your stuff out there. Nice to get public recognition for things!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to ljloula

and Michele makes it 2 correct answers > HEHEH

Ok Laurie you get box #2 and Michelle gets box #1

I will try and get these out his wek but it might be next week. I am not for sure of fundage. But I will mail them. OOOO I can't wai till y'all open them !!!!!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Taterdawg

Thanks for being so generous I love getting scrappy mail! So much better than pesky bills and junk mail.

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to ljloula

Thanks, Tater!! Like Laurie said, thanks for your generosity!!

Laurie, thanks for the comments on getting my stuff published! I'm very excited. I'm hoping by the spring I'll have about 3 or 4 new papers out.

On a sad note, we just found out this afternoon that one of the grants we applied for didn't go through. Hopefully we'll get the other one, but won't find out until the end of the year.

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Michele...sorry to hear that, but at least you are going to get your stuff published!

Tater- how sweet of you! Very generous!

Mary- Thanks for the good vibes!

Theresa- I totally missed the baby dream...hehe! He isn't very subtle is he! Hoping you guys find what is best for you!

Hi everyone else...Austin had the best ballgame he has ever played tonight! We are SOOOO proud! He was catcher and caught a foul tip and got a kid out as he slid in to home! It was so great...he even got the game ball! Ah well, off to go read the back of my eyelids...I am super tired and tomorrow is very busy...I know I won't be getting any scrapping done tomorrow, but there is always Thurs!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

okay ladies wanted to stop in before bed...

i got two calendars halfway done tonight. i got the dates written in and all the papers attached. now i just need to add the pics and decorate. only 7 more to go. and i still have to pic out the pictures. thats the more important part. found some cute ones at my moms house today. and have ask my mamaw for some of my cousin with both our papaw and our mamaw. i am doing special grandparent stuff in theirs.

another cool thing i found out today. my family is DYSFUNCTIONAL, but i love them. brandon's mom kept the ashes after the service even though my grandparents should have gotten them. i wont even go into the explaination it would take forever. she has finally decided to split them up after 4 1/2 months, so my mom and i bought our urns today. its for sure something i never thought i would be buying for my cousin. our urns are keepsake ones that are only 3 inches tall. but it will be nice to always have part of him. i think for me it will be a step closer to closure for me. since i wasnt there when my family had the opportunity to say goodbye before the creamation its been something i have struggled with. its the main reason that made me decide to move back home. i wish i had that chance to say goodbye. although jay tells me it was for my best because i will never have that mental image of my brandon.

sorry to be a downer. just hoping this will help me. i tend to keep my ups and downs with brandons death to myself these days. i know people get sick of hearing it, so i try dealing with it on my own. there are only a couple people i let in these days when it comes to brandon. its hard when you miss someone so much and all you want to do is pick up the phone and call them to talk to them one more time.

thanks for letting me share ladies. have a great night.

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to ljloula

Here comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus,
right down Scissor Sisters lane. He brings scrap stuff to good little scrapin girls!

Ho ho ho to my pal Chelle!

Santa needs some help from you! So please answer a few questions for me

1. What kind of scrapping things do you want?
2.What kind of candy/treats do you like?
3. Do you collect anything?

I'm very excited to have you as my pal!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Chas ~ *Hugs*
No one here will ever get sick of you wanting to talk about Brandon ... it's what friends are for. You are grieving and will no doubt be doing so for quite awhile, You are going to have your good and bad days ...we all understand that .. SO Rant away...

Can I ask where you got the mini urns from? Cause I couldn't go back for the funeral, Nan gave me some of Grandpas ashes and they are at the moment sitting in a photo film case (Something my Grandpa would find totally amusing lol) because I haven't found anything I think is suitable to put him in and because it is a small amount I need something small....

Feel better lady x

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

o0oo0 Santa *Squeal* *Bounce*

I'll answer all your questions tomorrow and update my wishy list thingy for you.
Tis past this English Muffins Bedtime lol.

ni ni

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink
In response to ljloula

Ok, ladies - I disappear for 24 hrs (working every waking hour to try to catch up at work!) and I have CLEARLY missed several things.

I've got to go back and read the last two pages. Do you ever scan down the posts?

I saw that somebody's cat got or is getting an enema (gotta find out who and send kitty love)

somebody almost strangled some old lady,

and Amber was confessing my restaurant potty mouth. IN MY DEFENSE, Laotian is NOT my native tongue. I was trying to pronounce the name of the restaurant, and even as the word came out my mouth - I just knew is had to mean something dirty in Amber's rapper world

I'll hopefully get caught up tonight, but I'm going to try to stay off the board today at work again. last night, I took all the crapola from my desk and sat at DD's 1.5 hour soccer practice and sorted papers and made "hopefully" a true to-do list. that made me feel better.

Hugs to all!!!

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink
In response to Dances_With_Ink

Oh, and Michele - glad it isn't just me with sb.com going slow. I thought it was my PC this morning.

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

Multi-posting Mamma here!!!

Read enough to know that it is Allie's kitty with the tummy trouble. I'm so sorry - I hope he is feeling better by now. also, Allie - re: pug poots - there is just nothing more horrible AND Sevie excels at pug poots. The boy can clear a room.

And I figured out that it was Trisha that almost committed geriatri-cide. Way to hold back, girl. It's too close to Christmas to move to the "naughty list" now.

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

Good morning, Sisters!

We are finally headed for fall down here in TN! Yay!! I love this time between super hot and super cold.

Chas, chat away about your cousin here. We would never stop you. Congrats on getting your calendars started! (p.s. I'll be at SW tomorrow evening!)

Lynette, I'm sending you catching up vibes! Good luck!!

Amanda, CONGRATS to ds!!

Where's Laurie?

Good morning Amber, Tater, Theresa, Trisha, Brigid, Mary, and everyone else!!

I'm off to get my daily dose of China and see if Amber has Day 3 up yet!

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Morning all!

Thanks Michele!

Lynette-you are too funny! Hope you make it through your stuff!

Okay...just popped on for a moment...need to pick up some stuff, run to the gym, fly home for a shower, and go immediately to work...today is my LONG day! See you chickas later!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

GM ladies!

Fall has arrived in N. Texas - waaahooo! it's a lovely 63 degrees this morning. I got up and pulled on a pair of PANTS for the first time (too chilly for shorts).

The cat seems fine today - she is gobbling up the wet food. I've let her out of her exile since things seem to be functioning normally.

The pugs can tell the weather is changing too - they are running around like fools this morning. Someone thought 5am was a good time to get up. Since it was around midnight when I went to bed, I completely disagree!!!

Michele - bummer about the grant. Crossing my fingers that you guys get the other one.

Amanda - glad DS had a great game! very exciting.

Lynette - now I have to know the name of that restaurant...

Laurie & Michele - congrats on winning Tater's RAK! Tater rocks!

Chas - I can't wait to see the calendars. Are these the ones you were talking about?? How much are they? And you can chat about Brandon all you want - we're here to help you.

Tater - ok, what's the right answer? I know you have Tater, and a couple of cats?

Where's Amber? I'm ready for Day 3! tee hee

Hope everyone has a fabulous hump day!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Morning

I have been catching up on post's and cracking up.
You all make my mornings!

Allie: I MISS YOU We so need to get together soon! Andy and I are going to get tickets for a murder mystery dinner we you want to go with us?
I might give you a ring when I get home this afternoon.

off to read a blog!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

• Chaotic Chelle Said:
Chas ~ *Hugs*
No one here will ever get sick of you wanting to talk about Brandon ... it's what friends are for. You are grieving and will no doubt be doing so for quite awhile, You are going to have your good and bad days ...we all understand that .. SO Rant away...

Can I ask where you got the mini urns from? Cause I couldn't go back for the funeral, Nan gave me some of Grandpas ashes and they are at the moment sitting in a photo film case (Something my Grandpa would find totally amusing lol) because I haven't found anything I think is suitable to put him in and because it is a small amount I need something small....

Feel better lady x

ashestoashes.com we got keepsake urns. they are the smaller ones. but you can just google keepsake urn and find some. ours were 50 for two with shipping.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Trisha - give me a call. I need your help with the baby book anyway. Not sure about the murder mystery dinner - let's talk about when y'all are going.

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Happy Hump Day! Whoa! Ya'll have been chatty since yesterday afternoon!

Ok, let's see...

Chas - Great on getting those calendars together, I make one for my mom every year, and I haven't even started yet. She asked me last year and was quite anxious I might not get it done.... How funny! And, like everyone else has already told ya, you chat all you want/need to about Brandon. The thing about closure is it's personal, and while having a chance to say goodbye can be hard, it is part of that closure for most people. So that probably does have something to do with your struggle. But it sounds like getting the ashes will help. So, so hard to let go, I still think about my granddad and am so sad he never met my girls. He would love them so much. He'd be so happy for me right now.... (he passed in 1988).

Michele and Laurie - Congrats on the Taterboxes! Tater, that is too sweet of you! I have no idea, except I know you have Tater, and cat(s)???

Michele - I'll keep my fingers crossed on the next grant.

Amanda - Hope you survived Tuesday. YAY for your son! He had an AWESOME game! Way to go!

Lynnette- Yo! Hope you get the work situation back to normal so we can enjoy more of your company. And I can't believe you are not fluent in Laotian -- isn't everyone???

Miss Allie - How are ya! yes, it has cooled off her too - I think it was 57 when we got up (ahem, the first time....) at 7am.... It's beautiful, and supposed to hit about 73? I'll be enjoying the jeans too!

TRISHA! How the heck are ya!? What's been keeping you so busy... and i totally cracked up about the geriatricide comment by Lynnette... it IS way to close to xmas to get on the naughty list now... <giggle>.

Yoohoo! AMBER!!! Where are ya!? Miss you!

Ok, I cleaned some yesterday, so I'm going to stay on that path today. The downstairs will get dusted, vacuumed and the kitchen floor WILL get mopped.

I bought some raw wood trays yesterday. One of the ideas I saw in that organizing book is these altered trays, where Wendy Smedley stores her letter stickers/chipboard, etc. I really like that idea, so I thought I'd try it out. I've redone my letters several times and have yet to find the best solution. Chipboard totally throws me.... Feel free to share any of your own secrets!

Maybe that will just get me in a scrappy mode... I'm so not feeling it these days. I need to do some cleanup down in the 'studio' and I just don't wanna!!!!

Have a terrific day! Toodles!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to MaryS.

Tater has 2 dogs Taterdawg and Pitiful and 4 cats Merlin, Schreech, Widget and Snoeball.

Mornin' Everyone

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Taterdawg

Tater - I would have been way wrong!

Ok gals - you have to check out my latest blog post. I can't wait to scrap these pictures!!!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Afternoon everyone!

Santa ~ Wish list updated and answers emailed to you

Michele ~ Send some of those fall temps my way. NC can't seem to make up it's mind between brass monkey cold and melting English skin hot!

Allie ~ Glad the kitty feels better

Chas ~ Thanks for the details!

Mary ~ Goodluck with the Domestic Goddessing!

Tater ~ Wow you have a lot of furries ~ Bet there's never a dull moment lol

Allie ~ Those pics crack me up .. I love Angel's expressions in her pictures, she always seem so deliriously happy!

Ok I need to follow in Marys Shoes and get me bum to Curves!

Hi to everyone else

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese

Michele...sorry to hear that you didn't get your grant.

Mary, I have a huge problem with chipboard. Especially letters...I almost want to file them away by letter, but I am afraid to....I am curious too, how does every store their letters??

Tater, very sweet of you to send scrappy mail!!

Allie, glad your cat is feeling better today.

Laurie & Michele, congrats on winning Tater's prize.

Chas, so sorry about your loss, I am sure everyone here is there for you.

Amanda, I would be the one taking care of the baby, not him, saying that he wants one is different than me wanting another. I would like one more, but I don't think it would be the right time, plus I am scared because of all the problems I had with both pregnancies.

I just had a huge fight with my BFF and I am not thinking straight today, gosh, I couldn't even fall asleep last nite til 3. she is upset because we don't get to do anything anymore, but when I ask her to, she makes excuses......It is a huge mess. I am hoping to get the situation resolved today, but It's not looking good so far.grrrrr.....oh well......

hello to everyone else. have a good afternoon!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Allie ~ those costumes are great!! You're all set now. Will catch up on posts later. It's been H-E-double hockey sticks at work. Things are calming down now and the major crisis was fixed before I went to lunch.

Newsie96
Resident
Newsie96
In response to ljloula

Allie, I love the pirate girls! Are they going to make Bello walk the plank?

I put Murphy's costume on my blog. He didn't win! But we have another pug party on the 20th.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-10-07 10:33 AM
In response to Newsie96

Morning Ladies. I'm sick today and called in to work so I'm laptopping from my bedy-by. Still not feeling well, so I'll try to catch up later when I'm feeling better. Thanks for missing me!

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to MrsVo

Holiday Etiquette for Dogs

1. Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual and they will appreciate long comforting dog leans.

2. They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.

3. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.

4. They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:

- don't pee on the tree
- don't drink water in the container that holds the tree
- mind your tail when you are near the tree
- if there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don't rip them open
- don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree

5. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part:

- not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans
- don't eat off the buffet table
- beg for goodies subtly
- be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa
- don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.

6. Likewise, your humans may take you visiting. Here your manners will also be important:

- observe all the rules in #4 for trees that may be in other people's houses.
- respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house
- tolerate children
- turn on your charm big time.

7. A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. DON'T BITE HIM!!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to Newsie96

holy [email protected]! It has taken me sooooo long to get caught up!!!!
i have to come back later to post!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to brigid16

Loved the Dog Etiquette! LMAO

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to brigid16

Hey Brigid! Hey Sam! Amber - Feel better sweetie! Perhaps that has had something to do with your jet lag too...

Theresa - Hm, sorry about your BFF. I had a situation several years ago with someone I thought was my BFF... but I was wrong and just had to let go of the friendship. It was so hard! I feel for you and I so hope it all works out.

OK -- where are all your chipboard storage solutions?? Surely Theresa and I are not the only ones with this issue???

I won't break them up and store by letter - I'm not super comfortable with mixing it all up. Plus I do not want to invest in something large enough to hold the different letters in the different sizes I have (or expend the space).

Let's see... I cleaned up the scrap room. Well, sort of. I still have a few piles. But I need some serious HELP... I have so many KITS that I just do not know what to do. The reason I love them is because they are all different kinds of products collected to go together - some are even for special projects - and I really do not want to break them up until I have a chance to use things on a few projects. I am drowning in product and I just still can't get motivated to use it. What is wrong??? <waves white flag>

Ok, off I go to get dinner and a child... Feel free to float any suggestions my way!

Ciao!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to Newsie96

Sam! Love the puggies in their costumes... And I read your blog for the first time... A fellow Smithwick's fan here! I love Boddington's too.... And I think I might have an idea of where you've been lately.... You go!!!!

Allie! Your pirate chickies are too cute!!!! I doubt Charlie and Lola would take too kindly to Halloween costumes, so I guess they will go as crazy cats.... lol!

Now I'm leaving...

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to MaryS.

Well, I have scrubbed the bathrooms & floors, the kitchen & floor, Hoovered, and made a sketch for the LO of a mini album cover! (After 4 days of creative block and swearing!)

I love productive days

Theresa ~ That's sad about your BFF. I hope you both resolve it soon.

Samantha ~ Murphy's costume is too funny. It suits him to a T!!

Amber ~ Sorry you're feeling sick Do you think it's the jet lag catching up or a cold or something?
Dr.Chelle Prescribes lots of blankie snuggling, chocolate eating and doggy cuddles. *Nods*

Santa ~ LOL!!

Brigid ~ Hiiiiiii

Mary ~ Hmm not sure about chip board storage. What kind of shapes are they? Are the in big sheets, or are the individual little bits?
*Puts thinking cap on*
Drowning in Products and kits? Send them Chelle's way My scrap supplies are looking a bit sparse lol. (Stupid embassy needs to hurry up and let me work! I have an addiction to FEEEEED!! shesh!)

Ok I am going to try and get my pulse up to 28 beats in 10 seconds!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Mary - I store my chipboard in one of my plastic drawers/towers. I don't really have a good answer either. I hoard my cb letters - I love them, but am not good about using them. Rather silly huh??

Chelle - I don't think the embassy knows that their delay is detrimental to your (sb) health.
Shame on them!! Is your Curves getting the smart machines?

Santa - can you come teach my pugs some etiquette???

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Amber- Hope you feel better soon!

Mary- I have one of those back to school dorm canvas totes that I got at Bed Bath and Beyond. I keep the letters in the plastic they came in or ziploc bag and throw them all into the tote...not super organized, but it works for me! HOpe that helps!

Hi Sam!

Theresa- Sorry about your BFF...hope you get it resolved! It is bad to have stress that keeps you up!

Chelle- Yay! For productive days!

Laurie- crisis! Woo Hoo! At least it wasn't a boring day at work!

Lynette- I don't speak Laotian...Laotion...well I can't even spell it...hehe! Hope your work pile is dwindling!

Allie- I love the puggistumes! They are SOOOO cute!

Hi Brigid, Michele, Tater, Chas, Jennifer...and anyone else I missed...off to balance the checkbook...BLECH!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

michele-see you tomorrow. hey i recommend parking by the gibson showcase and coming in those doors. its closest. when you come in go to the right and we will be by the bathrooms and the candy store on the left.

mary-i have a drawer in my plastic drawer tote thing thats all chipboard. i just throw them in there in the package. not an easy item to store cuase they are space consuming.

amber-you feeling better?

amanda-i miss you!!!! tell bj to move back PRONTO!

jenn-are you coming this weekend yet?

okay ladies. im off to keep updating the store website! dont forget about the contest!!! www.scrapbookwarehouse.net. amanda is planning on hosting something there too.

tater-i saw you joined! thanks!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Allie ~ Smart machines? What's that? They couldn't be any more torturous then the ones there atm

Ok .. FOR SALE ... Husband (1)

I swear to God I could have killed him when he got in from work..

So there I am, having to walk BOTH ways to Curves because the retarded bus didn't come. It's not that long of a walk.. 1.5 miles each way, but when it's like 90 out, it makes it feel twice as long,

So as you can imagine I was pretty stinky and gross when I got home so I jump in the shower to freshen up, I pull the shower curtain back to get out of the shower and this face is just staring me at a crack thru the door.

I swear I touched the moon. I even made a stupid girl scream!!!

He basically drops to the floor laughing.

"I only came in to tell you hello"

I think the words divorce and nuts on a plate come out my mouth with a few other things lol.

He now can't grumble about taking me to M's

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal

Here are 10 ways to make the naughty list

10. Not wiping your feet before coming inside when it's snowy out
9. Not bundling up like your mother tells you to when it's cold outside
8. Not sharing your scrap toys with others
7. Knocking down other people's snowmen
6. Making a mess in your scrap area and then blaming it on the dog, cat or your imaginary friend
5. Telling your brothers and sisters what they are getting for Christmas from Mom and Dad
4. Knocking over the Christmas Tree while looking for embellishments
3. Forgetting to put out carrots for the reindeer with Santa's cookie's and milk. They need to eat too!
2. Being bad all year and then trying to be "nice" just before Christmas. Remember- Santa watches you ALL year!
1. Waking up early on Christmas morning to remove presents from everyone's stockings and replacing them with coal

I Sure hope this helps you stay off the naughty list!

Page 4 of 91 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics