Page 5 of 91 
Username Post: Scissor Sisters CG - ***Full and Active!!***        (Topic#1436719)
brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to Creative Chaos

hey there girls!
There is no way I can catch up on everything!
You all are so chatty!
Amber - I say that the more the merrier!
It has been a busy weekend and start to the week. both my dh's grandma and my dad are in the hospital. So I am not sure how much I will be around this week. just wanted to pop in and say hi.
I am sorry I am being a sucky sister!!!! I promise I will try harder when things slow down a little. Hope everything is going well for everyone!
P.S. Does everyone know how much Theresa ROCKS?!
She totally ROCKS!!!!!!!

Newsie96
Resident
Newsie96
In response to Melbas Pal

Mary - I love all dark or Irish beer. I named Murphy after one. He was almost Guinness, but Murphy seemed cuter. But someday I'll have a little black pug named Guinness - or Smitty!

Amber, I got sick after my two trips overseas. I imagine it's part of the jet lag and the fact that you're stuck on a plane for 7+ hours with all the recycled air!

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink
In response to Newsie96

Mornin' ladies - early shift reporting in!

Brigid - sending you huge hugs. I'm sorry to hear about the family members in the hospital. Hang in there and you are a GREAT sistah!

Mary - I store my chipboard, sorted by letter, in one of those plastic sorters you get in the hardware department to hold like gadgets, nails, whatever - it has like 20 smaller little drawers on top, and 12 larger ones on the bottom. I also put plastic or ghost letters in there.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Dances_With_Ink

Morning Lynette!

Brigid that's a lot to have going on ~ sending good thoughts your way. We'll be here, take care of yourself.

I just got the crockpot assembled and am having coffee and a moment for myself now. Swimming class tonight!

I don't have much chipboard yet, so mine is in the original packaging and then in a plastic drawer in the storage unit. Or if it came with the kit, it's in the kit envelope still. Mary, I keep my kits together for awhile, then after I've used what I think I will for awhile, I separate it and put it with my other stuff by type.

I've got Michele's & Trisha's CJ in various states. Ideas for Theresa and Jennifer. Start my vacation tomorrow and have all next week off as well. I get an obscene amount of time off at this job ~ but I won't be giving any of it back to them

Time to hit the showers!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Newsie96

• Newsie96 Said:
Mary - I love all dark or Irish beer. I named Murphy after one. He was almost Guinness, but Murphy seemed cuter. But someday I'll have a little black pug named Guinness - or Smitty!

Murphy is a great name! What are your cats names?

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to ljloula

early shift reporting in. Note that I'm protesting being part of this! Crazy dogs.. who needs an alarm clock??

Chelle - the smart machines are apparently something that measure effort, reps, cardio and overall how hard you are working on the machines themselves. I have a video of it somewhere I'll try to PM you if I can find it again. Apparently my Curves is one of the ones getting them in. Weird, because my curves sucks! lol they don't ever weigh or measure..the ladies who work there are a little weird, and well I can't say I enjoy going.

I need to go today since I didn't go yesterday (too tired was the excuse of the day). But they don't open until 7..so I have time to kill (I've been up since 6).

Brigid - sending some good thoughts for your dad and your grandma. That's a lot to deal with, and we understand. Hugs to you!!

I finished Lynette's CJ pages last night. Here are the sneaks:
Sneak Peek - Grateful
Sneak Peek - Grateful 2

What is surprising to me is how different each and every page has come out. I can't wait until y'all see them! 9 down, 2 to go!

Kits: I keep mine with the kit until it's gone. Note that I currently have 5 different kits sitting in a pile. They have all been used (at least once), and I keep all of the scraps in the bag too.

Here's a cool organizational thing: Container Store has these plastic bins for storing paper. I have one right now and I'm using it to store my stickers, rub ons, bling and other "stuff". I want another one (or two) for my paper. Since it's Container store it's not exactly cheap ($24.99), but I haven't seen these anywhere else (including my LSS).
Scrapbook Carrier

Okie doke, as I'd hoped, this reply killed the time so I can go attack Curves for the morning.

I'll catch up with everyone else in a bit! Happy Friday-Eve!!!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to TxAllieGrl

Thank you to everyone for letting me in on your chipboard storage. It is just not an easy item, is it?

I only have a minute...

Brigid -- Hugs girl! We'll be here - you take care of your family. Check in so we know you are ok.

Sam - Ah! Murphy! Cute! Well, I love those two beers, they are delish. Hope all else is going well....

Allie - Kits are a big issue for me at the moment. I have way more than 5 sitting there.... (self-flogging beginning).

Chelle - Ben did that to me just the other day, only I was coming out of the bedroom. I jumped 10 feet and screamed like a little girl.... Made my heart come outta my chest... boys!

Laurie - Yay! Vacay!

Ok, I am off. Today we leave for Ole Miss, so I will try to check in once more before I go, but if not, then I won't be around much. Visiting Spencer for his bday, and we are staying in Nashville tonite just for R&R.... and to make the drive a bit easier.... I doubt I'll make any Nashville sb stores, but I would really like to plan a trip down there sometime to meet all you TN gals!

Have a wonderful Thursday! Toodles!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to MaryS.

Mornnning!!!

So I got some nice stuff at Michaels ... Our Micheal is a bit [email protected] as they have a massive store and only 2 isle's of Scrapbooking stuff. Most of that is that Martha persons stuff which I think is retarded expensive and not all that nice.
None the less they have a paper sale! 25c for 12x12s w00t!

Brigid ~ Woman you ain't a sucky sister at all! Mum and Dads trumps sisters! I hope they get better soon.. Good vibes coming your way.

Samantha ~ I used to work at a wild animal park, one day I was driving home and saw this foal that had been put in a field of lambing sheep (Stupid) attacking a new born lamb and flinging him around. I (very jet lee style) scrambled over the 6 foot fence and went and got my self a kick from the horse lol. The little lamb was black with a white patch on his head so I called him Guinness! After I hand reared him and he went back in the field he used to come running every time I called him lol.
I think everyone should have an animal called Murphy an all *Looks at her ball of fluff*

Lynette ~ Morning!!

Laurie ~ Morning to you too

Allie ~ Hmm that's interesting, I'll have to ask the owner.
Come join our Curves .. it's great. We have this black girl in the morning called Borilyn who is our motivator and she has that big happy go lucky black lady attitude, as in large as life it's self ... she is so loud and joyful and bouncy you can't help but be in a good mood and energetic by the time you leave lol. I get exhausted just watching her bouncing around!!
I have to sit outside Curves from 630 to 7am as John goes to work early and drops me off, was a bit chilly this morning though, time to get the ol coat out I think lol.

Mary ~ Have fun in Nashville!

Amber ~ Are you feeling any better today? I hope so!!

So I was wandering around the interweb looking for some baby smilies when I came across some cool scrapbooking ones! Thought I would share, feel free to copy them

Morning to all you other lovely sistahs

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-11-07 05:36 AM

Morning Ladies!

I'm back at work this morning, blech! I do feel some better though and the thought that tomorrow is Friday is certainly helping! Thank you for all the well wishes. I love you guys!

Theresa and Mary - RE: Chipboard. I'm certifiably a chipboard H*re. I love it and buy it almost every time I see it. I keep all mine in a big photo storage box. I'm not an organization fiend so having it all mixed up in there doesn't bother me. And if they come in cards I leave them in and just throw the whole card in there. Hope that helps.

Mary - have fun in our fair city tonight!

Chelle - now that you're done scrubbing your floors, come do mine :)!!

Allie - love the girls new costumes. I got caught up on your blog and I must say I am shocked and appalled by the behavior of the new forum mods. I think you should start your own. You know you have quite the following

Amanda - you made me laugh with "Laotion" it does sound like lotion, but isn't spelled that way, LOL!!

Chas - I'll get over there soon, I'm just still feeling a little overwhelmed by everything right now.

Brigid - I hope everyone in the hospital is feeling better soon. That can be so stressful!! Hugs!

Sam - you are right, being stuck on a plane for 12 hrs is a recipe for sickness. I loved China, but I can totally do without a flight that long ever again!

Laurie - Yay for time off!!!! You can never have too much paid time off!

Allie - you and Trisha are killing me with all the shopping-that-I-can't-do talk. First Ikea, now The Container Store. Both stores near and dear to my heart that DON"T EXIST within a 100 mile radius from my house :(

Also I apologize to everyone for my lack of continuation of the China story. I will try to get back on that tonight!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to MrsVo

Good morning!

Can I just say I am totally diggin' the pug costumes?! Too cute! My girls have devil horns I make them wear at Halloween, but you can tell they only do it to make their mommy happy. They have reindeer ears for Christmas (btw, love Santa etiquette for dogs!).

Amber, I hope you start feeling better. It sucks you have to go back to work while you still feel cruddy.

Brigid, hugs to your family. Keep us updated.

Allllllieeeeeeee, you had me looking all over that Container Store website!! Now I need most of their products!! lol!!

Chelle, I'm LOVING the scrapbook emoticon! Too cool!!

Mary, in the off chance you get to do any running around tonight head to Opry Mills! Chasity is working at the Scrapbook Warehouse tonight, and I'm visiting her! Otherwise, have a fun and safe trip!

Laurie, alone time at work is GOOD! I get here about 30 minutes to an hour before anyone else in my lab. I love the quiet time! Plus it takes a while for my morning grouchiness to wear off. I don't do mornings!

Chasity, see you this evening!

Hi Lynette, Amanda, Theresa, Tater, and everyone else!!

Nothing major happening at work today. I'll be staring at the clock all day waiting for my workday to end. I'm meeting a girlfriend this afternoon and heading to Opry Mills for some shopping, food, and fun!

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer
In response to MrsVo

good morning everyone!
Amber- sorry you weren't feeling well. Can't wait to hear more about the china trip.

Mary- I also store most of my chipboard in a plastic drawer thingy and they are organized by each letter. I do have a set that came in a box and I keep it in there so it is mobile. I do that for Chasity- she seems to be the only one using it, LOL!! have a great trip!!

brigid- so sorry to hear about your family being in the hospital. That is such a non-fun place to be. Get a good magazine or book to pass the time! We are here if you need us.

Chelle- you are such a funny person! I love to read your posts.Plus we have matching cats. How do you get those smilies on your posts. I saved one and I noticed it saved it in my pictures on my computer but I have no idea how to get it to insert things from my pictures into a forum post. Can you help? Also the food you were talking about for the cat with the butt problem- I bought some of the wet for my dog. I guess I need to go look for some dry for my cats. my dog doesn't love it- she is such a finicky one though. She is a rescue. She has to have wet food because she has very few teeth- they fell out when we tried to feed her hard food. She wasn't given chew things as a puppy and her teeth never got good roots. She was mucho abused before us- we hve cleared up most things except she must have wet food, she has hairbrushes (she must have been hit with one) and she hates for her feet to be bothered. Anyways, she thinks she is a vegetarian. I have such a hard time finding food that is vegetarian wet dog food. Sometimes she just eats table food. She is very small so she doesn't eat much. Her favorite seems to be Pedigree little casseroles. It is wet food with vegetables and pasta and chunks of meat. My crazy dog picks out all the vegetables and pasta. She leaves the meat for my equally crazy cats. Dog loves to eat cat treats though. crazy huh?

Chasity- i am not sure about this weekend. I am thinking we will not be forced to attend the contest. (Yippee!) but we have family day and that is so tiring. though it won't be super hot. I won't get finished there until about time to meet you girls. Then I have to pick up ryan when they get home from contest. (2 am Sunday) Are your parents coming to the game Friday? I have to help cook ofr a tailgate party before the game. Gotta be at school ealry in the afternoon. We probably won't get out of there till 12-1 am then back at school early Sat a.m to drop him off to leave for Alabama. Crazy....

Allie- your pugs are so stinkin cute. You girls make me want a pug then I go to my father in laws and he has a pug and the thing drives me loopy. Part is the dog's fault. my m.i.l. doesn't like any animals and she makes it stay in the den (which is better than she was. it did have to stay outside) but I have tried to tell them that pugs are very people orientated dogs. but as you know I am the d.i.l. (daughter in law or demon in life- depends on the day with them)anyways, so everytime I see the dog it licks me till I think I will lose my mind. I think it is because we have dogs and cats but...ARGHHH! Last time my 9 yr old stayed the night there he slept on the couch and the dog gave him a hicky- licked a spot next to his ear/neck till it was raw/chapped. drives me insane! My dog sleeps, eats (and she won't remind you to feed her), goes to the bathroom, and sleeps.
Well I am off to do some laundry. Sorry about the long post.
Happy a terrific Thursday everyone!
Be back later!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to momajennifer

michele- YAY cant wait to see you!!! it will be nice to have friend stop by!!! gets quiet in there sometimes!!!

jenn- you could just pass that chipboard on to me permanently ;-) LOL. dont know i will have to ask my parents if they are going. is the smyrna lavergne game at smyrna or lavergne this year. now thats one game i want to go to!!! go bulldogs!!!! :-) sorry amanda i know your are a wolverine!! isnt that lavergnes mascot??? you have a crazy weekend ahead. when will you sleep?

im so sick of hearing my downstairs neighbors!!! they yell, they do adult things, they snore, their phone rings, their yappy dog yaps, they talk, they cough and i hear it all. oh well. im just not used to apartment living i guess.

well im off to cook breakfast and do some homework. the great thing is i wont have homework this weekend!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

Newsie96
Resident
Newsie96

Ok ladies, I'm her to pick your brains. (Poor Allie, I've picked hers to death already.)

I'm making two 8 x 8 books as gifts for two friends I met up with in Canada. It was a sort of fishing/rustic trip.

I want to put some everyday items on the cover to decorate. I thought of "go fish" cards. Allie also had the great idea of putting fish hooks on, or painting a skewer to look like a pole and attach line and a itty bitty hook - glue it all down.

Any more ideas?

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer
In response to Newsie96

Sam-
You could always stamp something simple on the cover or I know Making Memories has metal plates (not sure of their product name) and they are embossed with designs that would make a nice cover piece. (I looked through my stash and I have one with a leaf on it, one with flowers, and some others. you can paint on them also for a more jazzed up look. I don't mind sharing if you want 2 of them but I don't have 2 that match sorry- if your interested pm and I will give you dimensions, pictures)
I also think they other ideas were great too. If you decide to do the fish hook thing or even think you may use them I have some super small fish hooks that I got in a swap and I can drop them in the mail to you. jlmk ok?

Edited by momajennifer on 10-11-07 10:22 AM. Reason for edit: typo

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Newsie96

Afternoon!

Ok long post!

Well I could feel a migraine coming on this morning, so I crashed out for a few hours with a pillow over my head to stop the light. I just woke up and the "Aura" has gone. Let's see how long that lasts.
John and I are supposed to be going out for dinner tonight with this couple we met on our forum. (We made a forum for people new to Charlotte, as we noticed there wasn't really any resources for it and 99% people around here are transplants from other states) ANYwho ~ This couple Doug and Laurie are from the same place in VA as John and I .. Doug supports the redsocks ~ So does John, Laurie scrapbooks ~ So do I, They both just got married and have no kids yet ~ Same with us! Spooky huh?

Amber ~ Glad you've improved some...

Jennifer ~ haha ty! Regarding the food, I have found it's normally sitting with the "Organic" food. They make it for dogs and cats. Re ~ The no teeth thing. My nan used to give our old dogs the dry, but she would make a cup or so of gravy up and pour it on the kibble, give it 5 or so minutes to soak and go soft and cool and put it down. No dog can resist gravy! lol I've also seen in Petco they do a "Pet gravy" that you can squirt on food, I'm not sure how nice it is, but I don't think it would soak as it would need to be warm.

Regarding the pictures, I am just going to copy and paste something from my forum I made for the users because they didn't know how to do it either hehe.

Regarding the instructions, Just replace the "Picture" with a smiley (Saved on your PC) and the "Img" button on sb.com is the button with the little mountain just above the box you type in to reply (2nd row, 4th button along)

To post a picture, do the following:

When you post pictures, please use something like Photobucket to show them on here.

Also please resize them to a sensible size so a scroll bar at the bottom does not appear.

You can get a free Photobucket membership here

You will then have 4 URLS to choose from on photo bucket. It will look like this:

You need to copy the link from the "URL Link" box

Then on your "new topic" screen you need to click the "IMG" button

You will then get a set of brackets like this:

Rather then a pair of [Image] [Image] tags appearing on your screen, you'll get a box appear with a space to put the URL. Stick the Photobucket URL in there and click OK and it should appear on your screen as [img]url here[img]

Then when you hit "Add post"

PS: I just previewed it and the screen pictures have resized for some reason, I hope you can still get the jist! Lemme know.

Chas ~ Yay for free weekends!

Samantha ~ Hmm *Thinks* Allie has such good ideas!! I can't think of anything off the top of my head atm, but will let you know if I do!

Ok off to scrap for a bit ~ Back later x

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Newsie96

Hah another post.

Samantha ~ Looksie what I just found fishing pole
I was actually wondering if you could make baby fishing hooks out of plain craft wire ~ Guess this answers my question lol.

Maybe you could get a Popsicle stick and cut a bit for a "Sign" .. ink it and write "Gone Fishing" on it.

What about a lil basket or net on a pole made from some netting that baby oranges come in or something.

Or Making a bait bucket from kitchen tin toil and inking it abit to make it look battered and old?

Ok really going now

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-11-07 10:51 AM

Sam - sorry no new ideas here

Jennifer - good to hear from you! I understand if you can't make it Saturday, it sounds like you will need a NAP!

Well, I've been reading online to try and see what is causing Einsteins missing fur on his eye and I have completely freaked myself out bu reading the 10 most common causes of hair loss -

Cancer occurs in the skin (squamous cell) or in other organs that affect the skin (paraneoplastic disease). Skin cancer is most common in white or nonpigmented areas. Paraneoplastic disease occurs in geriatric pets, often because of pancreatic cancer, and causes hair loss around eyes, bridge of nose, and belly.

I made him an apt with the vet Tuesday night, but the apt isn't until Saturday. And I suppose even if it is cancer there isn't much they will be able to do. I haven't mentioned the "C" word to John. He's out of town and I don't want to freak him out.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Chelle - where in NC are you? I swear you just answered this, but well my head was in the sand. Huntsville? Near Charlotte right?

Cuz - uhm, I'm spending the last weekend of Oct in Charlotte. Well Moorsville, but we can so visit!!! I'm crashing with a coworker, but I want to hit the Scrap Shack in M-ville, and some other things.

and the "smart" thing is apparently something that monitors how hard you are working on each machine. effort, cardio, reps, etc. we don't have them yet, but have been told they are coming.

Ok, so I didn't do curves this morning. I was looking around my house, and what a wreck it is. I decided to do 1 hour of cleaning vs 30 minutes of working out. So I got a bunch of stuff done around the house (good - because my parents are visiting next week!), got my heart rate up, and didn't leave the house LOL

Chas - apartment living isn't for the faint of heart. Invest in earplugs, or keep your tv/radio turned up. I don't envy you on that one. How are you enjoying the new job?

Jennifer - my pugs will lick you (and the couch) to death too. Weird characteristic of the pugs. They are wild for about the first 15 minutes of meeting a new person, then they settle back into their routine of eat, sleep, snore.

Michele - tick tock! at least the day is more than half over. I love the container store! I've found that I go more for the ideas and "little things" and then buy stuff cheaper elsewhere.

Mary - have a great trip!!!

Amber - I spent under $40 when we went to Ikea, and I avoid the CS because it's way too much! but I need another paper carrier - the one I have now is overflowing, and some of the pp is getting wrinkles. plus, that carrier takes hanging file folders so you can sort your paper.

helllooo Sam, Theresa, Brigid, Laurie, Tater, Trisha and everyone! hope your day is going well!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Ps: Jennifer ~ I just wanted to add if you put human gravy on the cats kibble just make sure it has no trace of Garlic or Onion in it as this is really toxic to them and will make them sick! I'd feel awful if they got ill from it..

Allie ~ Huntersville! Mooresville is 10 miles North of us!! Come visit! You can take my two cats home with you before I see if cats really do fly. *Grumble*

Ohhh and ScrapShack!! I never even knew that exsisted! I been shopping at stupid Michaels and it's stupid 2 isles of scrapbooking stuff! Ima black mail John to take me there WOOO!!

Amber ~ Awe poor puppy I really hope it's something simple *Fingers crossed*

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

allie-the new job is good. other than trying to get used to the hours. i dont think i am going to like not getting to go to church on sundays but im hoping that changes next month. but its a great environment.

amber-poor einstein!!! give him a hug for me!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Chelle - I'll PM you the link to the Shack. It looks like a really cool place, with lots of fun classes and activities. We will SO get together!!!! I'll have a car, so will be able to get around.

Amber - sending some good thoughts that Stein is just scratching and it isn't the "C".

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Got it!

So I been trying to add you all to my blog thingy, I got:

Amber
Amanda
Allie
Chas

Who else has one?

Mine is http://chaoticchelle.blogspot.com/

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese

I didn't realize it was so late, gotta get the girls.....

Brigid, Thanks!!!!
I hope that all goes well for your family!! {{{Hugs}}}

Amber, I hope all goes well at the vet, poor pup!!

Chas, I have to go get some fall pics for your challenge when is it due?

I'll try to get back on later...gotta run!

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

• Chaotic Chelle Said:
Got it!

So I been trying to add you all to my blog thingy, I got:

Amber
Amanda
Allie
Chas

Who else has one?

Mine is http://chaoticchelle.blogspot.com/

I do, I do!! But I haven't written anything on it yet so it doesn't matter... its on the list of things to do.

Amber, crossing my fingers you find out something better than the "C" word for Eintein. Surely its something else! How's Genie, btw?

Allie, the hours are not passing quickly enough!! 1 more to go!

Sam, I racked my brain but came up with no fun ideas. If its worth anything, I like Chelle's and Allie's ideas.

Chas, see you in a couple of hours! Maybe I'll find some fun paper for your SW contest.

Hi Jennifer!

Hi Trisha!

Hi Brigid!

Hi Theresa!

Hi Tater!

Hi Lynette!

Hi Amanda!

Hi Laurie!

Hi Mary!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to MM Custom Creations

Hey aldies! Happy Thursday!

Amber - I so hope your puppy just has some allergies or somthing easy like that! I have a running question. I started running a couple weeks ago again. I was running for half hour at 6mph on my tread mill. Then I read that you loose weight faster if you do sprint intervals. So my treadmill has a setting for that. I did it one time and now my knee hurts like a mofo!! On the inside bump (I think that is the technical term! LOL) Any runner tricks to make it feel better faster? I look like a tool when I walk bc it hurts so bad. May have pushed it to hard on the first time sprinting.

Chelle - You are such a wealth of knowledge! You have an answer for everything or you at least know where to find it!

Sam I have no other ideas beyond what everyone else has said.

Good news ...my dad is out of the hospital. It was weird though. They came in at 9:00pm and said that he could go home. Thenn it took them another 2 hours to get his paper work ready and then after he signed everything they just told him he could leave. Didn't offer a wheelchair or anything! Mind you he has been in a hospital bed for four days with getting up only once. He was a little on the weak side. Maybe that is normal but I wouldn't think so.
We also found out that Tim's gma has a compound fracture in her spine and her bones are too brittle to do surgery on. So she will be in the hospital for a couple more days and then to a rehab facility for up to a couple months. I hate the thought of her being there. She is so active that I am afraid that she will get bored and lonely!
At least we know what is happening and everything is hopefully on the upward push.
Thanks for all your thoughts and hugs! You all rock!
I did get Tater's cj page done last night! It is really pretty! I hope you all like the pages I make you as much as i do! They make me smile!
Hope you have a great rest of the day~!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to brigid16

Hi Michele!!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-11-07 01:43 PM
In response to brigid16

Michele have fun tonight!

Brigid - sounds like you have injured your MCL. That is the very same injury I had when I first trained for the marathon so I can totally relate. (1) Go get yourself a knee brace - a really good one that has a hole for your knee cap, not the little band type. (2) Start doing knee strengthening exersizes - you can google for some. Just slow, weight training type things. (3) Stop running until the pain subsides or you will make it worse. (4) if it doesn't start to feel better in a week or so you may need a steroid shot in the ligament. Hurts like the dickens but really helps the healing process.

**please note I'm not an actual Dr, I just play one on the internet**

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-11-07 01:45 PM
In response to MrsVo

Oh and I almost forgot, thanks for the update on your family Brigid, I'll keep them in my prayers.

And we officially have a new Sister! Her screen name is Capucine and I've added her to the roster on the front page. She should be here soon to introduce herself

Jennifer - haven't heard from your friend yet so I just opened up the spot. if she still wants in tell her to light a fire under her britches.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to MrsVo

Theresa- the 31st!!! cant wait to see your entry.

Brigid- glad to hear your dad is at home!!!

Chelle- I will have to add you to my blog!!!

Okay ladies. I was talking to Jay this afternoon before I left for work. His mom has just called him to tell him his uncle (he's 60) had committed suicide. Jay said his aunt died a few years back of cancer and that he's uncle has been down. He wasnt really close to this uncle but he is pretty shocked by the whole thing. Hadn't talked to his dad yet but he expected him to be pretty upset. Please keep the Cates family in your prayers! I appreciate it.

i saw all the orders that marti has coming in the next two months and im really excited!!! i know you will love that she has that Queen and Co felty ribbon in a tube stuff you love coming in and best part its adhesive!!!

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer

ok Allie- let me clarify...I have been around Amber's girls and they are just lovely. They are very well behaved and a joy. Lynette has the gorgeous Stevie boy and he is quite a little cutie too- though you may need to bring some air freshener if you spend alot of time with him, he is just a boy by the way. (No hard feelings Lynette ok? You know I love Stevie and his stinky, quiet presents,LOL!) but literally my f.i.l.'s pug licks me to irritation. We went to their house on Sunday so dh could work on a bike for my youngest and I know Pugsly licked me for 2 1/2 hours continually. I can't imagine why...i think it is because my inlaws both work and he spends alot of time alone.

Michelle- I really want to scrap with you guys but I may have to get a nap or just come by to visit. I actually vist more than I ever scrap when we all get together anyways! LOL!

Amber- I hope the thing with Einstein is nothing like what you have been reading. My dog has these bumps that are under her skin and they finally told me it could be cancer but they decided to leave it alone and wait and see if she develops any other symptoms because they said it could be something else and if it was cancer she would eventually have other symptoms. She hasn't had any so...please let us know what you find out...

Well I am off to soccer practice...dh is working late so I have to go help the assistant coach with the boys. I suck at this task almost as I do at housecleaning so wish me luck! Be back later....

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to MrsVo

Brigid ~ Ouches about your knee!! Hope it feels better soon.

Re: Wealth of knowledge (lol) ~ Well I know a lot about animals because since I left school (11 years go!) it's pretty much all I worked with. Kennels, wild animal parks, pet shops, vets blah blah. I used to also keep rats! With all that and I just love to read books and educate my self about them. Once I start working etc I want to take a school course in animal behaviour and do dog psychology. (Different from training)

Re your Dad ~ That's odd they didn't offer him a chair! How rude! In England it's hospital policy to take them to the door in a wheel chair.
Re ~ Grandma ~ Awe that's awful Give her scrappy stuff and glue to keep her entertained!!!

Woooo a new Sistah!!! Welcome Capucine!!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

• Chaotic Chelle Said:

Samantha ~ I used to work at a wild animal park, one day I was driving home and saw this foal that had been put in a field of lambing sheep (Stupid) attacking a new born lamb and flinging him around. I (very jet lee style) scrambled over the 6 foot fence and went and got my self a kick from the horse lol. The little lamb was black with a white patch on his head so I called him Guinness! After I hand reared him and he went back in the field he used to come running every time I called him lol.

Can I tell you I love this story?! I almost spit out my drink imagining you hurtling over the fence to save lil lambie! I will have to copy those scrappy smilies later. I'm off to swim class.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to ljloula

hah I just found another scrappy smiley

Chas ~ Wow that's sad about your otherhalfs Uncle.

Laurie ~ What made it worse was it wasn't a solid fence, it was one of those chain fences that are like in diamonds. So with my butt on it, it was swaying all over the place!!

Capucine
Idol
Capucine
In response to ljloula

Hello everybody! My name is Isabelle and I'm really happy to be the newest member of your CG. I'm posting the questionnaire that was in the old thread so that you can learn a few things about me.

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called Isabelle
2. Where you're from Montreal, QC, Canada
3. Birthday January 29
4. # of years scrapbooking 2 years
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Boyfriend of 7 years. We just bought our first home.
6. Kids? Names & Ages Not yet
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages 2 cats, Tina and Arnold
8. Favorite scrapbooking technique inking
9. What are your scrapbooking goals? To finish my travel albums and to start my BOM
10. What would you like to work on most? To finish a LO more rapidly
11. Are you a member of any Design Teams? No
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I'm known to stop in the middle of something to draw a sketch or write some ideas in a little black book that I always carry with me. People tend to look at me like I'm really weird in malls because I love sketching some of the publicities in the windows.

BTW, english is my second language (first is french) so if I write something that looks weird or is not grammatically correct, don't hesitate to tell me. I also scrap in french but I always translate everything in the description.

Thanks for welcoming me in your group. I need to leave for my pilates class but should be back online later tonight.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to ljloula

I am laughing my @ss off at you girls!!

I finally get to the end after reading three or four pages of funny chit chat.... Loved every minute of it.

Busy..busy day for me! Got up and went to the Dr.
"follow up" to my sleep meds.... Then my Dr. tells me I'm not leaving the office with out getting a flu shot. I had one last year and still managed to catch the flu. So I rewarded my self by stopping at the LSS just to LOOOK! Did it work you ask?
Of course NOT... I had some of the coolest
acrylic stamps called "build a frame" by prima
follow me home. Then come to find out some chipboard, glitter mist, and a couple of alphabets had fallen in the bag to. Don't you just hate it when that happens.

So I leave the scrap store and am passing by
Big Lots and decide to have a look see (I just know there is something there I just can't live with out). So I'm in the store minding my own business and this little girl runs past me and this lady starts shouting "TRISHALOUISE" "TRISHALOUISE" and I'm thinking Wow! that little girl has my name! Then I realize it was me she was calling! LMAO Can we say "short bus time"
for Trisha! It was my friend Chrystal yelling at me from across the store. So we chatted and I came home

Sounds as though everyone has been busy too.

Amber: glad you are feeling better!

Chelle: I can't believe you and Allie are getting to hook up! I want to come too

Allie: Put some new glimmer mist on hold at TS studio for you. They had a limited amount and
are taking them to Houston. So I gave Megan a list to hold for us when they unpack them.
This weekend is 50% off at Micheals too!
"Sorry" what are friends for?

Hi Laurie, Mary, Theresa, Jennifer, Sam,Chas,
Brigid, and John Boy!

Big Welcome to Capucine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Capucine

Hi Isabelle!! welcome to the group! Congrats on the new home - how exciting.
I can't wait to check out your layouts and such. I've heard wonderful things about Montreal, but haven't been there. I'd really love to go b/c it's the home to Cirque du Soleil which is one of my loves. Would love to see a show opening up there!

I'm Allie, I live in Texas and have 4 pugs and a cat.

Chelle - the lamb/horse story is classic. Bless your heart!! I added a link to your blog on mine. let me know if that isn't ok.

Chas, I'm so sorry to hear about Jay's uncle. many good thoughts for the family.

I am diggin that Queen & Co felt ribbon - can't wait to get my hands on it!

Brigid - hope the knee is nothing serious, and that Amber's tips can get it back in shape. Glad your dad is out of the hospital. and yes, it's usually policy for them to wheel him out to the car!! maybe the night shift had their heads on backwards? sorry about gma - take her books and pictures to brighten up her room. it's always difficult to be away from home.

Michele - have FUN! let me know when you get your stamps.

So I had another roofer out (well he actually just showed up, didn't have an appt or anything!!), and this guy found a laundry list of things he wanted to fix, to the tune of $1200. uhm, yeah dude - not happening. He did give me a quote on just the critical repair, and it was only a little higher than the guy I've contracted with. I'm going to ask the roofer I've already contracted with about the items this other guy brought up and get his opinion. Maybe I can do them down the road if they are really issues. It's such a pain to try to figure out who's honest!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Trisha - you went shopping WITHOUT me? ok now my feelings hurt. Guess we'll make up for it this weekend?? I need to think about what I want from M's.... I have a couple of ideas!

Yes, I want the glimmer mist of course. thanks for getting TSS to set them aside! is Houston this weekend for them?

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Allie ~ Yep that's fine!

Trisha ~ Take a holiday and come hang out hehe.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

Welcome to the group Capucine!

Michele just left the SCW!!! Amber, I told her you told me i needed to behave tomorrow night. LOL

if anyone is intersted i am hosting a ribbon swap at sbw here is the link http://www.scrapbookwarehouse.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t...

Edited by ScrappyChas on 10-11-07 03:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Chasity Grace

Welcome Isabelle!

Looking forward to a report on the Allie-Chelle scrapping rendevous

Ow Brigid! I think you need a special treat because you got an owie when you were doing physical fitness. Perhaps some scrapping supplies?

I just bought this ATC Label Stamp!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to ljloula

Laurie - that stamp is AWESOME!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Chas ~ Awe that ribbon swap sounds awesome!
Alas I only have 6 different kinds of ribbon and 4 of those I brought from the dollar store for Christmas themes lol.

Laurie ~ That stamp is really kool!

So we just got back from Dinner with Doug and Laurie. They are a really nice couple!
On our way there though we were late because we saw a car catch on fire!!!
We stopped on the hard shoulder and John called 911 while I ran up to see what was going on, I really wanted to see if anyone was in it because I would have felt SO bad if they were stuck in there and died while we were waiting for the fire men, but it was stuck on the fast lane of the 4 lane moterway and the cars were going so fast I couldn't get across. It also kept having explosions and that was scary.

It was so scary how fast it just went up. When we stopped there we flames just in the bonnet (hood) and it took about 2 minutes for the firemen to get there and by then the fire was all the way back to the back passenger seats!!

They had it out in minutes though and there was NO ONE in there thank GOD.

So we carried on down the moter way to meet Laurie and Doug and we saw a man walking along the hard shoulder, I wondered if it was his car that broke down and he went to get help!

That's the 3rd car accident I saw in 2 days! 1,5 car accident yesterday outside our complex..
A 4 car one today outside our complex and now this!

I think I am never going out in a car again lol, it's an omen!

Hope everyone's ok

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Hi all! Super busy today and tomorrow and super pooped to! Hehe! Will check in and catch up tomorrow!

*hugs* to all of you!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to classiclyamanda

Morning!

Early shift present and accounted for! Ok, I slept in a little because I'm off today.

Car fires are definitely freaky Chelle...

Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize ~ I just heard it on the news!

Amanda, hope you had a good night's sleep.

Chas, I checked out your store's site a few days ago and added a comment to your Fall challenge. Hope to get something together for that in my time off

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to ljloula

Good morning!

Laurie: I had read last night that Al Gore had won.
Very interesting and who would have thought it!

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer
In response to TrishaLouise

Good friday morning everyone! Thought I would check in and say hi while I look up on the internet how to light a fire under my 15 yr old son. He is having one of "those" mornings. ARGHHH! I am thinking that once I get him to school I am going to go back to bed at this point.

You all missed a crazy soccer practice last night. Another coach that practice right up from us had 2 boys get into a fist fight and they had to play "how many adults does it take to break up 2 9-10 year old boys". One boy lost a permanent tooth. All coaches have to have a talk with their teams. It has been the craziest soccer season this year.
I get to cook at a tailgate party tonight. Hopefully it will be fun. I am not really comfortable in social situations where I don't know people. I stress over it.
Well it looks like my son has missed the bus (Arghh!) so now I must drive him to school or he is threatening to spend the day with me.So I gotta for now...

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Jennifer ~ that is nuts! I'm glad it wasn't your son's team at least. Re: tailgating cooking ~ I'm sure you'll put on a great spread! Remember, the women will love that they don't have to cook, and the men will pretty much eat anything happily so it'll all be good!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to ljloula

I just saw that mosh-posh is doing a design team search if anyone is interested. There's a link from their home page.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-12-07 06:11 AM
In response to ljloula

Jennifer - thanks for the sweet comments about my girls. I'm sure Pusley would be much less licky if he was around people more because you are exactly right pugs are people dogs and the crave human affection. And oh my a first fight at soccer practice?!?! Thank goodness it wasn't your team!

Isabelle - Welcome welcome welcome!!!!! I believe you are our first Canadian sister, YAY!!! And your name is just beautiful. I'm so glad you decided to join us

Trisha you crack me up! I really thought you were going to say there was product calling your name in Big Lots, LOL!!

Allie that's kinda strange to have a roofer just show up. Are you sure he's legit??

Laurie that stamp is awesome!! Love it! And thanks for the Mosh Posh heads up. I'll check that out b/c I'm in the market for a new DT, I've decided I'm not doing my LSS's again.

Chelle - wow that is some pre-dinner excitement alright!!

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer
In response to ljloula

ok my sisters...you must check this out...I can't wait to find out what you all are.

http://www.quizilla.com/users/Prismcat/quizze s/What%20s...

oh btw:I am GLUE!

You are the adhesive that keeps things together. You go through life helping others. You stick to people and try to keep people together. You like it best when you are surrounded by people and able to help them. But Glue Beware - in your efforts to keep everyone together and with you, you sometimes overlook yourself and find it hard to keep yourself together. Don't neglect personal time in your overwhelming need to socialize and help others.

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer

now back to bed for me....I am off again! i gotta go take my car to get an emissions test and drop some bills in the post office mailbox- my mailman didn't take them yesterday and now I have a few more...I will be back later.

Amber- I saw where they were looking for new design team members. I always thought you did a great job for them but the offerings for the design team that they are choosing for made me laugh! but that is my 2 cents.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-12-07 06:28 AM

Umm yeah 10% off isn't worth my time especially since tax in the county is 9.75%

On top of that I don't like the idea of being locked into one size LO, that's nonsense and there's no way I can use 100% Paper Candy product. They hardley have any chipboard and you know my addiction to chipboard letters. Add to that loosing one Sunday a month to a mandatory mtg and crop, all for a measly 10% off. Yeah, I don't think so!!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-12-07 06:29 AM
In response to MrsVo

Oh and the quiz site is blocked here - I'll try to remember to do it tonight.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to MrsVo

I'm Fibers (and I do like fibers

Fun and crazy at times. You are a warm fuzzy kind of person. You run around getting things done but still find time for fun! You have so many diverse interests that it is often hard to pin you down to any one thing. People love your friendly attitude and carefree ways. You often brighten other people's days. But Fibers Beware - Sometimes people don't take you seriously because of your happy-go-lucky ways. Sometimes you find yourself feeling left out from decision making that could directly affect you. Even though you like to be happy and cheerful, make sure others know that you can also be serious and in tune with reality.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to ljloula

Ally you neec to call me ASAP!

Capucine
Idol
Capucine

Thanks again for welcoming me.

I'm paper.

You are PAPER!

You are an all natural basic person who likes to act as a foundation to others. You are willing to take a backseat in most of your relationships and let others take the spotlight, while you show your support and help them shine! Underneath it all, you are the one who makes it all happen. You are the focus and stability in any group, even if you are not the leader. Others look to you to set the pace and provide ideas for ways to get things done. But Paper Beware - sometimes you get a little edgy with the people who look to you for support and can give them some papercut remarks that can hurt their feelings. Remember to watch what you say, because you are best when leading by example.

Newsie96
Resident
Newsie96
In response to Capucine

I'm a pair of SCISSORS!

You're cutting edge, baby! You cut through life with ease, always keeping others on the edge. You have the power to simplify things by just cutting them out. But scissors beware - you may cut some of the important things out of your life without realizing it, in your need to keep trim!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Capucine

You are STICKERS!

You like brightening things up in life and decorating your living space with your own personal style. You are versatile and able to get things done with a stick-to-it attitude. People love your colorful personality and personal flair! You like exploring new things and are willing to try anything once. But Stickers beware - sometimes you like to stick to someone that you like a little too much and take them into your confidence a little too easily. Your personality tends to make you a steadfast friend, but make sure the friends you choose are worth your efforts!

That's a fun quiz - thanks Jennifer!!!

Chelle - I got the scoop on that Curves Smart thingamajig. I'll PM you with it so we don't bore the other sistahs.

HAAAPPPYYYYYYY FRIDAY!!!

I am so ready for this day to be over.

ok so who watched Grey's last night? what did you think??

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations
In response to ljloula

I'm Paper, too!! And as Chas learned last night, I LOVE paper!

TGIF ladies!!

Isabelle, welcome to the group!!! I think you'll have a good time here.

Oy vey, you guys have been chatty since I was last on here!! That was only like 17 hours ago! LOL!

I had a blast seeing Chasity last night at SW! She got to meet one of scrappin' buddies I met while we were both nonscrappers (heaven forbid!) back in my college days.

Brigid, good news abut your dad! So weird he wasn't offered a wheelchair... I'm pretty sure that is still a standard policy. Best wishes to your DH's grandma. Maybe she can find some fun projects to do that don't involve moving around too much.

Jennifer, a FIST fight??? Wow!! Crazy kids! Good luck in your tailgating! I agree with Laurie, the ladies will be glad not to cook and the guys will eat anything and everything. You know I hope you get to come tomorrow night, even if its just to visit. But I know you are a busy woman! I'm just selfish and love to hear your stories.

Amber, I can't wait to see Chasity on her best behavior tomorrow! Haha!! Still crossing my fingers that Einstein gets a good review at the vet tomorrow. Keep us updated.

Laurie, super cute stamp! Nice find! I think there is going to be a big shindig here in Nashville over Al Gore's prize. I think its pretty cool, even if he does own an SUV.

Chasity, I'm totally in for the ribbon swap. I'll sign up soon. I promise!

Hi Trisha! Sounds like you had a super scrap shopping day. If I had gotten a shot I think I would totally need to retail therapy to get me back on track. I hate needles! Too funny about your friend calling your name in Big Lots!! I about rolled out of my chair laughing!!

Allie, I've got an eye on the mailbox! I definitely let you know when the stamps show up. How exciting!! I love scrappy mail!! Feel free to send me stamps anytime. And about the random roofer... weird! He just showed up?

Chelle, again, I LOVE the scrappy emoticon! Where do you find these things!! So strange about all the accidents you've been seeing. Back in the summer I witnessed a car accident (the car was in mid-roll on the interstate when I looked over, luckily it landed right-side-up and the guy got out, but I still dialed 911) and a house fire in the same week. Really freaked me out!

Good morning Amanda, Sam, Lynette, and Theresa!!

What happened to Tater?

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

Michele-I added you to the ribbon swap list, but when you get a chance will you post that your joining on there. LOL. just so they see more activity than me. LOL. I will be on my P's and Q's tomorrow. LOL.

amber-sorry i had to hangup fast. had a customer come in and marti calling me. i missed out on the design team talk abt paper candy what happened?? and 10% is NOT worth it. who owns that store these days????

GREAT NEWS LADIES!!! my mom took izzy to the vet this morning for her second dip and when they walked in the vet was up front and knew who izzy was. the vet took izzy from my mom and told her just by looking at her that izzy has made remarkable progress and she thinks she will be okay. they hadnt done the skin scrap yet, but my girl is gonna be okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY thats the best news ever!!!!

jennifer-you're boys are funny!!! they love to keep you on your toes dont they.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

This is what my morning has been like...

Scrap seat bandit!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Goood Morning Sistahs!

So I am a total lazy wench and just woke up ~ But in my defense I was up till 4am finishing a CJ for another group lol.
Will take pics in a few.

Jennifer ~ Wow that's slightly nuts about your son's soccer practice!!
Re Tailgating ~ I never knew what that was before I came to America, I used to hear people refer to it, and would think "Well what's so good about driving up someones arse along the moterway???"

You are PAPER!

You are an all natural basic person who likes to act as a foundation to others. You are willing to take a backseat in most of your relationships and let others take the spotlight, while you show your support and help them shine! Underneath it all, you are the one who makes it all happen. You are the focus and stability in any group, even if you are not the leader. Others look to you to set the pace and provide ideas for ways to get things done. But Paper Beware - sometimes you get a little edgy with the people who look to you for support and can give them some papercut remarks that can hurt their feelings. Remember to watch what you say, because you are best when leading by example.

(This is quite true actually!)

Morning Laurie!

Morning Amber!

Morning Isabelle mah fellow paper!

Samantha ~ Morning!

Allie ~ o0o0o I await the gossip!
Re Greys, I recorded it and I was watching it but the stupid thing cut off 1 minute EARLY .. just as he walked in the door to Callie, omg I about DIED. Stupid machine, stupid ABC £(%&*£()&%W()*£&a mp;$)!!

Ima go look on their website and catch the last lil bit.

Michele ~ lol I just crawl the internet for them. I never like the smiley's on forums I am on so I just go in search of my own.

Chas ~ That's absolutely awesome about Izzy. I'm so happy for you She's got such a good Mummy!

Ok off to take pics of this CJ .. Back soon!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to ljloula

• ljloula Said:
This is what my morning has been like...

Scrap seat bandit!

Omg Laurie, that picture made me laugh out loud.

This is EXACTLY what my boys do to me! OR, because I scrap on the coffee table, my sofa becomes the place the paper/boxes sit, so when all the scrap stuff is out Murphy either insists on trying to sit on my lap OR right across the scrap stuff.

It matters not they have a 2 seater sofa and a recliner to own. OoOOOoH NO ~ They want to be ontop of MUM!

btw ~ Loving the English shoe box!

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese

Brigid, is your leg feeling any better today?

Laurie, Cool stamp!!

Welcome to the group Isabelle !!

Chas, I just got an order from sb.com , and I got a ton of the queenandco new felt and I love it! Can't wait to use it!!

Chelle, Sorry about all the accidents yesterday.

Amanda, I know how being pooped feels, I have really been draggin' lately, my girls have been taking the night shift, one falls asleep, the other wakes up!!

Hey Sam!
Allie, I watched it, but missed the last 20 mins.......anyone want to fill me in??

Hello to Amber , Trisha, Michele, and everyone else.......off to take Jennifer's quiz.....

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese
In response to Mom2CamiandReese

I am Fibers......

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Mom2CamiandReese

Ok here is the CJ! TFL.

Front Page
Inside Page
Instruction Page
Sign In Page 1
Sign In Page Two
Back Cover

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Great news about Izzy, Chas! I'm sure that made your day!

Got Michele's cj done Sneak Peek

Off to look at Chelle's stuff.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to ljloula

laurie- she wants to scrap too! that was a cute picture! yes, my izzy news made my day! and my week! i was so down about thinking she might have to be put down, but im so glad the outlook is good now.

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

Chas, YAY for Izzy!!!!! Very exciting news! (And I posted for the ribbon swap.)

Laurie, love the sneak peek!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing! Your kitty pic is hilarious.

Theresa, I'll cross my fingers that sometime soon your girls will get in sync with their sleeping habits!

Chelle, I'm totally snagging that cute puppy with the bone and putting it in my siggy!

Hope all you girls are having great day! Oh, and have I mentioned its FRIDAY!! Woohoo!!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Hehe Michele

If you go here : http://groups.msn.com/AnimationsSmilies/anx ious.msnw#do...

There are a bunch more

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

I am a pair of SCISSORS!

You're cutting edge, baby! You cut through life with ease, always keeping others on the edge. You have the power to simplify things by just cutting them out. But scissors beware - you may cut some of the important things out of your life without realizing it, in your need to keep trim!

Story of my life! lol

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

i am paper!!! but i think it should have said i was a scrapbook since i love everything and have tons of it all. LOL.

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

• Chaotic Chelle Said:
Hehe Michele

If you go here : http://groups.msn.com/AnimationsSmilies/anx ious.msnw#do...

There are a bunch more

Too cool!!! TFS!

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer

Chas- that's great about izzy. I am so happy for you and her.

Chelle- you always know where the cool things are.

Amber- thanks for being there when I really needed it! I will never forget it!

Well I wanted to let you all know that the tailgating thing went fine. Eli drove me a little crazy as he needs lots of things to do but all the food got cooked, wrapped and distributed and they had plenty left. I stayed and cleaned everything up but I decided to skip the game. I had a crappy day. There was this huge fiasco and I was in the middle. I wish I could explain it but I don't even know how it happened. I was accused of something I didn't do. I got a ton of nasty emails. It was found that computer wise speaking I could not have done it but the answer makes no sense either. So some people don't believe I am innocent because for me to be innocent you have to believe the crazy answer. I understand that it is hard to believe that I am telling the truth when you don't "know" me but it all just stinks. I am still very upset about it all. I privately apologized for the craziness but I stand by my innocence. I thought about publicly stating my innocence but...maybe it is better to let it die? not sure what to do about....thanks for listening to me whine....have a great night everyone.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

jenn~i heard about what happened and i hope you know that those of us who know you know that you would never do what those people who DONT know you what to think you did. you are not only a wonderful friend, but you are genuine, honest, loyal and caring! you always put others before yourself! we got your back! promise! :::HUGS:::

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

Oh, Jennifer, that's terrible. So sorry you are having to go through that. Some people just need someone to blame, and they don't care if its the right person or not. Cheer up, you know, we know, and I'm sure other people know you're innocent.

Alllllieeeee!!!! I got my stamps!!! Thank you SOOOOO much!!!!

Hope you girls are having nice Fridays.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

Happy Friday night everyone!!!!

I am Glue - I am not sure why but it annoys me a little. Maybe it is just the mood I am in but I don't think I want to be the glue. Hmmm, something for me to think about.

Welcome Isabelle! Don't worry about your grammer. We so don't care!!!!

Amber - Thanks so much for the info about my knee. I am going to look up some exercises after this and I bought a knee brace tonight. Thanks again!

Chas - I am so happy about your puppy!!! Now we have to send some healthy puppy vibes to Abmer too!

Jennifer - I am not sure what people are saying about you but sometimes you just have to hlod your head up and just believe in you. Let go of them, you don't need their approval.

Laurie - that stamp is so cool! Loving the sneak peek

Theresa - hope you get some sleep tonight! You have to post a pic of all your winnings!!! I can't wait to see it!!!

Chelle - cute CJ!

I am going to go to my parents this weekend so I will probibly not check back in until Sunday. It will be good to go down and see the fam.
We went to see Tim's grandma today. She looked tired and bored. I felt bad for her. We took her lots of paintings by the girls to make her room happy. I think that if she is going to be there for awhile I am going to make her a small little scrapbook of all the grand and greatgrand kids. Not that I don't have any other things to get done!!! LOL! I did get Taters CJ page done last night though. Only 4 left to do!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 10-12-07 07:40 PM
In response to brigid16

No problem Jennifer. As soon as I figured out that was your screen name I knew you would never do anything like that and there was some other explanation. I'm just still embarrassed I didn't recognize it might be your screen name from the start!! We got your back

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to MrsVo

Don't worry Tater is Here!!!!!

Just been busier than a one armed Wallpaper hanger in the White House.

Will update soon

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Taterdawg

Jennifer... don't worry about it. It will blow over and if it makes you feel any better, I don't have a clue what happened? You have to remember I am a charter member of the short bus! lol
Hugs... it will be okay

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Hang in there Jennifer! Glad that the tail gating stuff went as it should.

Pretty much all I did yesterday was scrap, watch movies and hang out here. I'll have more sneak peeks to post later!

My parents are coming for the weekend at the end of the month, and things are already getting more complicated. That's what happens with family

Went for my walk this morning and will be headed out to WW. BBL.

Newsie96
Resident
Newsie96

Morning ladies! I'm off for the day to attend an English Toy dog club meeting with a friend. Then I'm going to my mom's to get my stuff together for the 12-hour crop next week. I have all the pictures laid out and I'm going to put the paper and embellishments together. I'm going to be so organized!

Then at 8 it's game time. One game down, three to go. GO SOX!!!

Have a sparkling day ladies.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to ljloula

Hey ladies - GM!

I'm starting slow this morning. I stayed at Trisha's until entirely too late! we were on a scrappin roll though - kicking out the baby book for my friend. And of course the pugs were up before the sun ready for potty break and breakfast. Demanding little buggers they are!

And...I'm soo excited - Trisha is letting me "babysit" her Cricut. I am LOVING this thing! I only thought I wanted it before - now I MUST have one!!

Not much planned for the day - I need to scoop up some more CS and pp for the book, so darn! need to go sb shopping. And work on the book some more. Somewhere in there I need to do a few chores around the house prepping for my parent's visit next weekend.

Jennifer - I'm so sorry things went to ********!! Sending some hugs your way. Glad the tailgating went well.

Brigid - enjoy the time with the fam. hope your knee gets better. And why should "us womens" have to be the glue that holds everything together?? I think I can understand why it might bug ya. =)

Laurie - can't wait to see what you did yesterday!

Chas - that is great news about Izzy!

Michelle - I'm so glad you got the stamps! enjoy them!

Tater - hope your "busy" is a good busy!

Trisha - good luck with the craft sale today. don't let them convert you..

Ok y'all should see some of the wreaths that Trisha made - they are freakin GORGEOUS! I hope she'll post some pictures of them when she gets done with the craft fair.

Bello is outside chasing squirrels up the trees and then barking at them. Did you know a pug is a killer hunting dog???? He cracks me up!

ok ladies - have a great day!!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

I'm sharing this pic from out last crop.
pink shirt on left-lynette
green shirt on left-amanda
black shirt on left-michele
black shirt in middle-jennifer
grey/black shirt on right- ME with dora
white shirt on right- amber with genie and her cone.

morning ladies. hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. i am so happy that izzy is going to be better but the best part is the dip they did yesterday was not as strong as the last one, so she isnt sick from it like she was two weeks ago. a little slow moving but other than that you cant even tell.

local ladies please email me your name and email and birthday for me to sign you up for scrapbook warehouse's newsletter. i am in charge of a new birthday club and when you sign up you will get a birthday email with some special in store treat for your birthday!!! want you ladies to be on the list!!!

i will be in utah in exactly 19 1/2 days and i cant FREAKING wait!! i get to go on set one day i am there and watch jay's movie being filmed. i told him i would try to not be a crazy overexcited stage mom and take tons of pictures. LOL. i am excited to see him in action since this is big time!!! and then my friend mark and i have made plans for when he picks me up from the airport. we are goign straight to chipotle to eat. LOL. and david the great is going to make my hair look fabulous again while i am there and then saturday night we are having a party/slumber party at ME and jay's house. i cant wait. and its hard not to refer to it as my house still. LOL. just wanted to sdhare my exciting plans! oh and we are driving up to the mountains so i can see the snow. its been snowing there so i am excited!!!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Here's Jennifer's Rock!

Jennifer's Rock

Gotta go back and read to catch up here!

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink
In response to ljloula

Ok, ladies - I'm late to the party and trying to catch up as usual....

but just a couple of comments:

Welcome Isabelle - I'm so glad you joined us and can't wait to get to know you better. I checked out your gallery - great layouts and I love all of your cards.

Jennifer - I don't know what the HOO HAH is going on, but just tell me which direction to saddle up and ride - I'm behind you 200% without even having to know the situation. You are honestly one of the kindest, most warm-hearted, giving people I know.

gotta to get ready for soccer game and finish packing for tonight's crop!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Dances_With_Ink

Oooh Allie, that makes me want a Cricut even more! I'd pretty much narrowed it down to that being the one I'd like to get eventually.

Thanks for sharing that pic Chas!

Back to cleaning...

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to ljloula

Mornnnnnning Ladies!

So at the last minute last night I went to my friend, Marlyn's place and we had a girly night with wine and movies. We crawled out of bed this morning at 11 and went and Ihoped it hehe.

Ok First of all WHO is upsetting my lovely Jennifer?!?! Ima kick their arse!

It's the people who know you who's opinions should matter to you and bugger the rest. Forget them ~ You have your sistah's supporting you

Brigid ~ Have fun with the family this weekend!

Samantha ~ Have fun at the dog meeting.

Allie ~ I want one of those personal cutters too. But I want one that plugs in to the PC because I refuse to pay $80 for a cartridge. On HGTV one time they had a scrapbooking thing where they made a special edition Cricut which did indeed plug in to your PC. I wish I had the money to get it at the time but it was like 400 bucks!
It will be something to get when I am working again.

Chas ~ That's a great picture and that's great Izzy is improving every day..

Ok I am getting John to drop me off at the nature reserve place so I can go get lost and explore the woods for a couple of hours and get some fall pics!

Hey to everyone else out there ~ Hope you're having a good weekend!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Chelle - I can't wait to see your pictures from the preserve!! We don't really have fall colors here - it goes from green to brown pretty fast. In fact, the leaves are falling off the trees in the backyard, even though the trees are green.

Chas - LOVE the group pic!!!!

Here are the pages Trisha & I have done for the book so far. It's tough doing them w/out pictures. The weird little purple pieces of paper are instructions for my friend to finish the book w/ pictures & journaling (she's sb challenged).

Cover

The rest of the pictures are in this album:
Baby Book

I feel a nap coming on...must..not...fight...it....

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Hey all! Well my crazy day is finally over! I got home around 3:30pm my time and FELL out for about 2hrs. Now I am trying to recoup and wake up! hehe!

Sam- Have a good time at the show!

Laurie- Love the pic and all of your sneaks!

Jennifer- That is just terrible. I can't believe anyone would do that to you!!!! But just like everyone else I am going to say we know you and they don't so they don't matter!!!!! We gotcha back sis!

Allie- Loved the book...enjoy your nap!

TN girlies (besides me ) Have fun scrappin! I'll be thinkin about ya! Hope you ate enough salsa for me!!!!!

Chelle- Can't wait to see the pics...and loved your cj book!

Brigid- Hope your knee feels better soon and that you have a great trip!

Theresa- Hope you start getting sleep soon. I don't know about you, but I MUST have sleep to function or I am a total bear!

Chas- Great news about Izzy! YAY!

Isabell- Welcome!!!! It is nice to have a new sister!

Hey Tater...I am sure you are watching football or something....hope your team wins!

Mary- Missing you, but sure you are having a fab time!

Well, all...am off to scrap and watch tv or movies....can't decide which!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to classiclyamanda

Hey.. hey.. hey!

Well my craft fair was today and the paint cans sold like hot cakes! The Halloween ones went first followed by the school themed cans. Was surprised that the Christmas ones didn't sell.
But let me tell you I did one Skull/Pirate can and I had two ladies get into a fight over it!
So if I do another fair I will need to make more skull cans.... My wreaths did well too in fact there was another lady there who had done wreaths and she came over and comment that no one left my table with out a wreath or a paint can!lol
Did take a few pictures and will try and get them down loaded this weekend.

Allie: I am teaching a class tomorrow from 12-5
so you should swing by and get your baby stuff then.... "Know what I mean"?

Well I am off to shower and put my jammies on.
Andy wanted to go out to eat but I am too tired:(

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Trisha- can't wait to see the photos!

Capucine
Idol
Capucine

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Hi Isabelle!! welcome to the group! Congrats on the new home - how exciting.
I can't wait to check out your layouts and such. I've heard wonderful things about Montreal, but haven't been there. I'd really love to go b/c it's the home to Cirque du Soleil which is one of my loves. Would love to see a show opening up there!

Allie, can you imagine that I haven't seen a show of Cirque du Soleil since their beginnings? The last time I saw a show I was about 8-9 years old (close to 20 years ago)and it was just before their first national and international tour. My parents were big fan since the very beginning of the Cirque when they were street jugglers and clowns. They try to go to every new show but I never had the chance again. Last summer I tried to get some tickets but they were sold out. I guess that Cirque du Soleil is one of the best Quebec exportation our there. I guess some would say that Céline Dion is but I prefer the Cirque. And I'm very proud that they kept their original name in French instead of translating it in English. It was a gamble and they won it. Now it the most renowned circus in the world.

Capucine
Idol
Capucine

• trishalouise Said:
Hey.. hey.. hey!

Well my craft fair was today and the paint cans sold like hot cakes! The Halloween ones went first followed by the school themed cans. Was surprised that the Christmas ones didn't sell.
But let me tell you I did one Skull/Pirate can and I had two ladies get into a fight over it!
So if I do another fair I will need to make more skull cans.... My wreaths did well too in fact there was another lady there who had done wreaths and she came over and comment that no one left my table with out a wreath or a paint can!lol
Did take a few pictures and will try and get them down loaded this weekend.

Trisha, I can't wait to see pictures. I've never done paint cans or wreaths. Is it difficult?

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Capucine

Evening!

So my afternoon in the nature reserve kinda went out the window. It was getting on some anyhow and just as I was getting ready to go I heard all dogs barking outside.
One word came to my head .. "Buddy"
I live in a "residential village" which is basically a bunch of mall type shops with apartments on top.
At the back of us are like single family homes and this is where Buddy lives!
Buddy is like a 3 year old mix bread who hasn't been neutered, so of course he likes to roam.
So every few months or so he makes his bid for freedom to go and sow his seeds lol. He always ends up by out block of shops/apartments and you don't even have to look out the window to see it's him because every dog in the neighborhood lets you know!
So here I am with buddy who is about 75lbs of pure muscle with a cat leash attached to his collar trying to hold him when he has been given NO dog manners lessons trying to call the owner who is quite grumpy cause he's out of town and his sons always let buddy out and how and can't understand my accent waiting why he calls them to come get him heh.

So by the time that Fiasco was over it was too late to go!
I'm going to go tomorrow morning though so I have plenty of time to get lost and find my self again

Trisha ~ I'm glad your scrap fair went well!
I am thinking of making one of those tins for my mate Marlyn.. She is a 3rd grade teacher here and could always use containers for things. Her school is kinda smack bang in the Ghetto though so I am worried it might get nicked lol. I might make her a Harry Potter clipboard as she is a HP nut and teachers always need that kinda stuff!

Isabelle ~ I *LOVE* Cirque du Soleil!! When we went to Vegas a couple years ago we went and saw "O". It was magical and amazing!!

Alegria also came and played in the Royal Albert Hall in London a year ago and we went and saw that ~ Again fantastic.

And I am sorry but Cirque du Soleil trumps Céline Dion a million times.
If you like that thing you should try and see "The Blue Man Group" It's really fun. Just don't sit in the first 3 rows! hah.

Ok off to get din dins ~ Back later x

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg

I have been a bad sister!! I am sorry I have not been here!!!

Been busy as all get out. Been looking at houses again. I think we have finally succeed in finding the right one for us. I am gonna take pictures of it tomorrow and hopefully I can get the film developed this week and post. I think you all will like it. I do!!

Jennifer-Who is giving you grief??? I will get in the car and come up there and open a can of Whoop @ss on some one if they do not leave you alone.

Isabelle- Hello and welcome!!! I am the friendly neighborhood Tater AKA Christel. My aunt lives outside Montreal in Kirkland. I have been to your beautiful city and I love the underground.

Allie- how is the mold problem going???

Chelle- gee are you the neighborhood dog catcher?? That guy better not get too grumpy with you. You could have let the puppy roam and either been hit by a car or picked up by the pound. I hate it when people do not take care of the 4 legged babies.

Trisia-Glad you fair went well. I think right now everyone is worried about buying things for Halloween but the Christmas will pick up soon

To everyone else Hugs, kisses and waves from Lower Alabama.

Gee where is Mary??? Hey Kentucky Wildcats beat LSU!!! WTG!! At least Auburn beat Arkansas so all is well in my house

TTFN

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer
In response to Taterdawg

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement that I am not the monster I have been labeled as being on this stupid computer. It seems that somehow I got credited with stealing someones layout and posting it on another website in a contest. I was getting hate mails, threats and so on. Even Amber threatened to beat me up (it was before she knew it was me and that it was so freaky spooky glitch or something) Anyways, it comes down to I did not steal the layout and it was impossible that I did- the layout was posted by me before I ever joined the site. I told you it was crazy! It is so hard when people are flaming you and I know they don't know I am telling the truth. I was basically so upset by it. I still am in a way. I would never do something like that. I appreciate all your support and still being my friends.
I got to see the girls tonight!
We even called Allie!
I hope everyone had a great Saturday!

momajennifer
Pro
momajennifer

I forgot to say Welcome Isabelle! So glad that you are here!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

• momajennifer Said:
I want to thank everyone for the encouragement that I am not the monster I have been labeled as being on this stupid computer. It seems that somehow I got credited with stealing someones layout and posting it on another website in a contest. I was getting hate mails, threats and so on. Even Amber threatened to beat me up (it was before she knew it was me and that it was so freaky spooky glitch or something) Anyways, it comes down to I did not steal the layout and it was impossible that I did- the layout was posted by me before I ever joined the site. I told you it was crazy! It is so hard when people are flaming you and I know they don't know I am telling the truth. I was basically so upset by it. I still am in a way. I would never do something like that. I appreciate all your support and still being my friends.
I got to see the girls tonight!
We even called Allie!
I hope everyone had a great Saturday!

I am sorry, but what an absolute stupid thing to bully someone over, because that is all it is.

I was bullied bad at school and I can't stand this kind of retarded ****.

I mean really, WHO CARES *IF* (and I know you didn't, but IF) it was a scrap lift. No one's LO is the exact copy of someone else's, even if you do "use" the way the text and photos are laid out. What makes it YOUR LO is your memories, personal style and photos and love.

To make someone feel like ******** over such a simple stupid thing when people have so many other SERIOUS hassles going on in their lives and scrapbook to calm/relax/enjoy in my book is retarded and what makes me more sad is it is a bunch of grown people doing it to another.

You'd be better off leaving that site and sticking with the people who know you and support you.

</rant>

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink

• trishalouise Said:
Hey.. hey.. hey!

(

Is this gonna show up on an episode of cops .......

Page 5 of 91 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics