Page 1 of 54 
Username Post: !<Original Scrap Happenzz Critique Group vers 08-09>!        (Topic#1441609)
blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

This is the NEW home of the The Original Scrap Happenzz Critique Group vers. ’08 & '09, established in Nov. '06!

Our group is evolving & we are rejuvenating ourselves for the future – it is a very exciting time! I'm Sharon & I will be serving as Coordinator for this newest incarnation. Here is what we're about:

We are:
- a tightly-knit bunch of dynamic, artistic souls who like to chat, create and help each other become the best scrappers/crafters we can be. We are scrafters of varying abilities & styles, & are appreciative & respectful of each others’ creative differences!
- a group of no more than 15 very non-traditional peeps. Sometimes our brand of twisted humor & progressive viewpoints have been known to rub the easily offended &/or very conservative population the wrong way.
- a friendly, nice and supportive group nonetheless!
- NOT just a mutual admiration society! We give honest, constructive feedback - compliments AND suggestions, where we think applicable!

SHCG Terms:
*Submit 2 contributions per month to the Scrap Happenzz Layouts Critique Thread for critique. Contributions may be in the form of los, sketches, photos, cards, and various "scrafty" projects. Note: 2-page LOs are usually counted as 1 submission unless otherwise indicated.

*Honestly and thoughtfully critique all contributions within 10 days from the post date, and precede critiques with "SHCG" (e.g., "SHCG- This page rocks, but it would be more hardcore with stilettos for embellishments.").

*Check-in and chat with this main thread at least once a week. The better we know each other & the closer we feel w/ one another, the more comfortable & appreciative we are to receive/give critiques.

The SHCG Flexible Plan:
We are very understanding of life's priorities, but membership does take a little time commitment!
*If a member knows she will not be able to meet the contribution minimum, she can indicate this in the main thread, and will be excused of her obligations for the month.

*Our group purpose is provide thoughtful critiques to each other’s work; compliments addressing specific details also count as critiques. Ideally, we aim to post feedback within 10 days (though we understand that real life takes precedence & sometimes may affect 100% fulfillment of this guideline).

*Individuals have the option to notify members they haven't received critiques from them after 10 days should they wish to seek more feedback.

SHCG Perks:
*We have our own BLOG where we keep track of everything!
*We host BiWeekly Challenges (BWCs) (formerly Weekly Challenges, WCs), rotated among members. We post them on the BLOG & as of 12/08, in the space below . They are not mandatory.
*We may post Member Hosted Challenges (MHC) with optional RAKs at any given time. We post them on the BLOG too-not mandatory.
*We may hold contests when we feel like it-you can find them on the BLOG .
*We learn more about each other through our optional QueZZtion of the Week, posted by the first person eager enough to respond to the previous QOW.
*We give and get birthday gifties from our Wish Lists.
*We do all sorts of other fun stuff that members may suggest - swaps, gift exchanges, etc!
*We collaborate on how to keep this group running efficiently.

Current Active Members:
1. blushpea = Sharon (Group Coordinator as of 10-07/Biweekly Challenge Coordinator/TRAKker/Bloga holic)
2. twinscrapbee = Brenda (Our Birthday Badazz, Spelling B & Swift Arse Kicker)
3. Gelidy Gelato = Lisa
4. *jesse* = Jesse
5. MaRLeNeF = Marlene (TRAKker)
6. CMLeach = Chris
7. Fuchsboi = Brian
8. Denitza = Denitza (Charter Member)
9. WendyGirl = Wendy
10. Chell Rae = Michelle
11. Scrappinmomto2girls = Margaret

If you have been removed from the Current Active Member List, it is due to lack of participation. Please PM me if you wish to re-join.

Pledges:
Pledges will be moved to CAM status after three months of proven commitment as outlined above.
1. Lifeinthefastlane = Amanda (started 8/7/09 – 1 participatory month remaining as of 12/7/09)
2. Scrapping Diva = Taysha (started 10/1/09 - 1 participatory months remaining as of 12/1/09)

Past Members in Good Standing:
These ladiezz were major contributors who still come by to say hello. We look forward to their visits.
Cajaya = Mel
whenscraphappenzz = Tiffany
cmeinstlouis = Christy
Scrappin Kitty = Amanda
X3jessicalouise = Jess (Charter Member)
miss becky = Becky
Wacky Watson = Sarah
Kaleidoscope = Kayla, aka K, Group Leader 6/07- 10/07
Scrapbooks by Moi = Moi (Charter Member)
Ironscrapper = Katie
nannieannie = Annie
Jenfitz = Jen
Sosumi San = Angela
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/06 - 6/07
(Note: exclusion of past members doesn't necessarily mean they're in "bad standing;" it just means they no longer stop by. Or, maybe they are in bad standing! Heh.).

Founder
She gave us life!
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/06 - 6/07

Current Biweekly Challenge:
BWC #26 for 2009, The Animal In Me, Posted by Chell Rae/Michelle:

1.Locate one photo of YOU that reminds you of an animal ( e.g. hair is all poofed out so you look like a lion, personally I don't have one like this).

2. Add dimension/texture somehow, with pop-up dots, feathers, layers of animal PP.

3. Use embellies of some kind that symbolize or are the animal that you are.

4. Add a journaling block and describe which animal you are.

This may take some thinking but I think it will be fun to see what the animal in all of us is.

(To see responses, tune in to the blog when the next BWC is posted!)

Upcoming Biweekly Challenge Schedule:
12/20/09 - Michelle
01/03/10 - Wendy
01/17/10 - Margaret
01/31/10 - Brenda

Edited by blushpea on 12-29-09 11:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise
In response to denitza

packing up my stuff and ready to move in here!!! countdown of 2 weeks.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to x3Jessicalouise

Woohooo! I like the look of the thread! So roomy!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to whenscraphappenzz

My response to Christy's Questions of the Week (last week):

T Time. I am thankful for time that I spend with my family, time that I spend with friends (in real life and online), time that I spend alone, and time that I spend being creative.

U Understanding. I am thankful for understanding on every graduated level from my household to tolerance on a grand scale.

R Refuge. I am thankful for my home that I consider my refuge because it provides me with shelter and protection. It is my favorite place on earth.

K Kids. I am thankful for my kids; everything about them.

E Education. I am thankful for the availability of education in all of its forms.

Y Years. I am thankful for the years behind me that I have made me who I am, the years I am fortunate enough to be enjoying now, and the years before me that I look forward to relishing.

Christy, this was such a reflective activity. Thank you!

denitza
Mayor
denitza

Tiff, love your answers!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to denitza

Thanks, Denitza!

Here are my answers to your Question of the week:

1. Coffee
2. Shower
3. Cell phone

(4. Kids -those darn Child Protective Services people are so darn touchy about leaving kids alone these days)

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee

New thread. New post. I'll take the one with the pole, please. Thankyouverymuch.

I still haven't done my thankful TURKEY, not yet satisfied with what I've come up with, so I have schrubby on it, too.

Tiff, I have to second Sharon's advice on approaching your redo. I'll take your advice on adhering the transparency to my lo. It's going to be a transparency overlay so that the letters go over the photos like they do on a magazine, so I can't have anything showing through.

It was great to see a post from you this morning, Sharon! Funny thing is, just before I got online. I thought I'd pm you and see how the PI trip is going. I'm glad to see you are having a blast!

Jess, are you getting his ears pinned because they're floppy? Why do you have to get them pinned?

Good morning, Melissa, MyNitzza, and Christy!

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis
In response to twinscrapbee

Wow, its so roomy in here!

Brenda has the spot with the pole, hmmmmm

I'll take the spot with the nice chaise lounge!!! hehehehe

<psst we aint right

Well my friend is coming by at around noonish, so i've been straightening up a little bit. I havent seen her in almost 3 years (she is the one that lives out in the country where me & hubby went last week & took pictures. She wasnt home but gramma faye was so i was able to get her phone number. Looking forward to catching up.

Love the question of the week, I took Tiffs lead and posted in the blog but will also post here.

1)shower
2)coffee
3)camera

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to blushpea

This groups looks totally rockin'....how can I join?

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to Eat Sleep Scrap

• Eat Sleep Scrap Said:
This groups looks totally rockin'....how can I join?

Funny you should ask!!!!!. I'll pm you, baby girl!

denitza
Mayor
denitza

I'll take the post with the White Russian and I will share Christy chaise lounge and we will watch Bren. Good deal , Christy?

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to denitza

Well, I'll be watching from the bar and...

MAKING IT RAIN!!!

and
Gettin' my drink on.

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 11-19-07 12:08 PM. Reason for edit: No images in posts, please.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

Sounds like a plan Nitzza! We'll get a double decker Chaise and set it next to Tiff at the bar! LOL

I think i'm going to go try to fix my LO now...have to spell right!! Also, I did put a matte under the photo on the mosaic wedding lO, looks good girls!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

Have we officially moved?

Brenda - Thank you for the glassbooth.org link. Both the bf and I did the survey and his actually produced the candidate he is endorsing.

Christy - A good photoshop book is Photoshop CS / CS2 Wow! by Linnea Dayton
Amazon.com link to Photoshop WOW

Sharon - Have fun! Can't wait to see your pages of the trip.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to Gelidy Gelato

*ahem*

Attention, girlzz!

We have another new member and as you can see upthread a bit, SHE approached us! Our antics didn't scare her off!

Without further adieu, I present:

Melissa! Eat Sleep Scrap

Be sure to send her a friend request and show her some love in her gallery!

Welcome!

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee

DOLLA DOLLA BILLS, Y'ALL!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

We have another Melissa (FieryRedhead) in our group, as well, so we need to know a little more about you to distinguish you from the other.

So, tell us a little about yourself.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Hey girls Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Hope ya all had a great weekend.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

I am honored to have such a wonderful introduction. Your avatar totally makes it rock more, it's like I'm being debuted or something like that....

My name is Melissa.
-I didn't hang out by the bathroom, I was in there!
-I am married with two furbaby's.
-My style, I don't have a style. I just do whatever strikes me at the moment. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
-My screenname is very true to my lifestyle
I am a SAHW..I sell pampered chef and do custom papercrafting...I also help dh and his partner run their business
-I hate digital scrapping..not totally true..I love looking at it, hate it doing it..I like paper scrapping because I can get covered in glitter and paint and I think that's a good look.
-I love Basic Grey , Rusty Pickle , Making Memories , and a bunch of other stuff. Fact is I just love scrapbooking.
-I am convinced that Tim Holtz creates all his products just for me. It's true!!!
-I am on two design teams. I won't tell who though. I don't think it's that important or that big of a deal. Cuz to be honest, So many people rock over me.
-It will generally say I am online, but I could be in the other room. I'm not a good "shutting down" person
-Important note you may want to remember. I am notified by e-mail whenever friends or favorite artists post a project. I comment from there..Since you may post stuff not in the "critique thread" I don't want to critique what you don't want critiqued. I try to double check on things I know I check threads on,but I am human.. so if you get a sweet post "then one saying...ya need bling", that is why..just consider it double the love

Must go add ya all to my friends and check galleries.

I would also like to gloat here...I found out today that I won EsteeLynn's blog challenge last week...totally stoked about that.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

and she is a GOVERNOR too!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

LMAO..Let me introduce myself..
I am Governor Melissa

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

• Eat Sleep Scrap Said:
LMAO..Let me introduce myself..
I am Governor Melissa

Well, now we have a way to distinguish between the new Melissa and our Jersey Girl Melissa!

Alright, girlzz. I have to run to Costco...ehhh maybe I'll drive.

Be back laterzzzz.

denitza
Mayor
denitza

Hey GovernorZZ Melissa, nice to meet you!
I'm Denitza. I have two boys Alec is 5 , Ethan is 3 and a hubby. I do all my work at home-cleaning, cooking, entertaining, sometimes I'm a nurse, sometimes a driver and a lot more. I scrapbook too-mostly at night when all the men go to bed.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to denitza

Hey! Nice to meet ya!!

My answers to question of week from Nov 14th:

My scraprooking version:
Tim Holtz, his stuff just rocks. All of it.
Un-du: this stuff has bailed me out so many times
Rusty Pickle...Love the new pirate chipboard & ribbon
KI Memories: they make gloo, and it rules
EK Success: they own so much! I know I must love them
You!

Now to work on my serious one.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Hi Gov Melissa, I'm new here also I like your scrap version!

Here's my answers:

T ~ Time spent with my family.
U ~ Understanding and cherishing the simple things in life.
R ~ Rest & Relaxation: every bit counts!
K ~ Keeping in touch with all my scrapping buddies
E ~ Enjoying time with my kiddos.
Y ~ Yummy thanksgiving dinner

Answers to this week's question:

Blowdryer
Cell Phone
Computer

Edited by ScrappyGal8 on 11-19-07 12:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Hello ladies, just finished visiting with my old friend...going to go do some running (or as Tiff said, driving) ehehehehehe...

Welcome govenor <said in a brit accent>
For the newbies, about me: I live In Missouri, I am 36 have an awesome hubby, 2 beautiful teen daughers, 2 beautiful young ladies for my step daughters, 2 step grand daughters, 2 step grandsons and one 175 lb furbaby, my rottie named Rocko! As you can see, i have tons of opportunity for pictures which is probably why my step daughters sometimes call me the Momaratzzi...i usually am paired with my camera...LOVE photography, (photo blog link in siggy) & am going to edumacate my self so that I can hopefully do it on the side. I work full time in the accounting field (who'd a thunk it?) but this week I am footloose & fancy free as i have taken off for the week! <still dancing over that one!!!

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to cmeinstlouis

Governezz Melizza! I remember your Who Dealt It? lo. It's in my faves. I think someone from our group linked you for a challenge a loooong time ago.

About me: I can do JT's part of You're the One That I Want pretty well. Sometimes I need to be spanked.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

Christy-where in SL? I used to live in Ballwin & Grover.

Hey Marlene-Glad I'm not the only newbie here.

Brenda-OMG! Who Dealt it is a blast from the past. I was linked...where...I must know...what if it's bad..then I don't wanna know..so, in what means was I linked? I can do ONJ in same song..We should sing together..I'll start...

Tell Me about it STUD please note that I am currently wearing satin pants and stilletto heels and look totally frickin' hot..NOT!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Ya' know. I can't leave you guys alone for a minute without someone breaking out in "You're the One that I Want"

Sheesh.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

Ballwin & Grover, I used to work in Grover for a foundation company. Small world! I actually live in the St. Charles area. Are you still in the area or out of state (sorry if you all ready said, A.D.d. sucks, LOL)

<putting in the ear plugs due to all dat singing!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

I'm in Colorado. I left MO after grad (1990). St. Charles has the best shopping..

WendyGirl
Pro
WendyGirl

Hey Everyone:
Just had to let you know, I passed my test...I passed my test...I passed my test! I was so super excited and am still coming down from cloud 9...it was so stressful though so I am feeling a little beat up. I have to let you know how crazy this test is. Ok, first I put in hours and hours of studying. Probably five hours every night after work for over a month, plus weekends. Then I go to take the test today (I have taken two previously and kind of knew the drill of where I was going) and I walk in the door and everything is dark. I arrived at 9:30 and my test is at ten. They want you there 1/2 hour early for registration. I was freaking out so I call my boss, who is frantically searching for the phone number of the testing center and she finds it but I do not have a pen in my car that would work...they were all frozen. So, I write the phone number down in lipstick on a target receipt and call the testing center. They tell me that I do not have a test scheduled. I knew that I did because I called last week to confirm the test, so I call my boss back. She says "well, maybe you are scheduled at the other testing center..." I did not even know there were two testing centers in town as I had taken two previous tests and they were scheduled at the same place. By now almost 15 minutes have passed and we conference the other place in and sure enough I am scheduled at that place, so my boss mapquest's the address and she was navigating me to the center as I was driving. I could not be late to this test or they would not let me take it. I pull into the parking lot and go racing up the stairs and it is 9:59...I arrived one minute early. I was freaking out by this time and I still had a very stressful test in front of me. I sit down and am calming myself down, ready to take the test, hit the next button on the computer and a message comes up flashing that says see control person. I call the control person over and she says "I have no idea what is wrong, go stand in the lobby while I figure it out." By this time I am almost ready to throw-up and thought how am I ever going to calm down enough to take the test. Finally she calls me over and I can take the test. When I am done the computer says hit exit to finish the test. I push exit and then it says are you sure you are done. I say yes I am sure I am done and hit the button again. Then the computer says you have 18 minutes remaining are you sure you are done? Then I push the button again, yes I am sure I am done. Then the screen says, calculating, calculating and another screen pops up that says your results will appear momentarily, then some more calculating, calculating. About, the longest 20 seconds of my life goes by and finally my results appeared and I passed. My knees were really shaking for almost 1/2 hour after everything was over. Whew, what a day, but now I am going home to do whatever I want with no studying. I need a break before I start with the next test.

Melissa, welcome! You are doing so awesome. You just jumped right in and have control right away. I am just leaving work, but when I get home I will sit down to study your gallery!

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise
In response to WendyGirl

Sharon: great to see you're having fun!! Thanks for checking in!
Melissa: sounds like a nice visit you had! I'm trying to figure out what I want my xmas cards to look like too. I'm slowly getting the materials i need.
Tiff: will definitely give him lots of love. love your answers!
NewMelissa- welcome to the group, can sense a little of your humor in there.. think you'll fit in great with this group! lol love the sb version of the QOW
Brenda: we're getting his ears cropped. right now they're floppy. (see picture in gallery) when he's grown up, we want the traditional doberman style like this .
Wendy: wow your day sounds crazy! glad it's over and you passed!

wow you girls have been a chatty bunch today. glad I got a chance to check in now and not have to wait until tomorrow. ok i have to go now, out to brandon's. I will do the QOWs (both of them) tomorrow.

oh a little about me. I'm 19 (almost 20!!) and am attending college to get my major in elementary education. I've been with my high school sweetheart for almost 3 years now. We just recently got a puppy (miniature pinscher) together- you'll hear the name Max/Maximus a lot. that's the dog, not my boyfriend (brandon). We're actually both going for elementary education. kinda cool. Uhm, i live in little old Dela-where? 2nd smallest state, home of tax-free shopping (gotta love that). Not too much else I spose.

Ok off I go

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Wendy!!!!!!!!!!

You passed!!!!!!! You passed!!!!!!!!! You passed!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you!

That is quite the test taking story. You had my stomach in a knot by the end.

Jess, I am so glad that you got to check in today. Also, glad that you turned off the lights on the old thread. That freaking electric bill is out of control!

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee

<--combin' hair, twistin' the front
I got chiiills, they're multiplyin'!
I got a big bulge in my paaants.

ONJ, I'll see if I can find the link. It was linked as a sample of something we could do in response to a challenge.

Either Katie (past member) or Fiery Melizza linked it. Let me link it here, to see if anyone else remembers it. Who Dealt It

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Brenda, I remember it. Perhaps someone scrapjacked it during the Week #10 Challenge? The problem is that we deleted our old weekly challenges in that thread and started again around Week #14.

I know I have seen it and found your comment on March 21, 2007.

Hmmm. Now it is going to drive me crazy!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

....big bulge in your pants, huh? putting the stillettos back on for you...

Not worried about the layout thing, just think it's funny, I searched the forums, no luck...oh well..funny though.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

• whenscraphappenzz Said:
Now it is going to drive me crazy!

<psst thats a short trip! teeehehehehe, just kidding!

Wendy glad you survived without losing your lunch!

Gov. Mellisa, yes, old towne st. charles has great shopping...is that what you are talking about? I have some LO's of last xmas when me & dd went there, LOVE the riverfront @ xmas! We will try to go again this year, it's become a tradition with me & my girls.

Bought "Photoshop for Dummies" book today, gonna go teach myself....check back in later...

OH Jess, thanks for shutting off the lights!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to denitza

Someone's Attention Please:
I have a few questions:
1. It says I am supposed to give birthday gifts from your wishlists...I do not know anyone's birthdays..is there one coming up?
2. Lisa asked me to critique layouts..haven't heard or seen her since...worried about that
3. Is there a limit to how many layouts that we can put in the critique thread..do we post throughout the month or all at once...
4. is the weekly challenge on the blog current, if so, when is it due, if not, when are they issued?
5. Are there any secret santa things going on I need to know about it?
6. It say you are all rejunvinating the group? Anything specific I should know/do there?
7. Anything I need to do with the blog besides read it?
8. You don't hate me yet do you?

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Look here, Governor Melissa.

I gotta pm you. Sorry, I got busy with Costco and fixin' my little ones dinner.

Okies..... more details pm will follow but until then:

1. Newbiezz are Newbiezz for 3 months. No birthday list for you. (Said in my best SEI nfeld Soup Nazi voice) At the end of 3 months, if you choose, you can join the birthday list.
2. Gonna go back and read about the Lisa thing, because I am kinda confused what you mean.
3. Post throughout the month. We used to have a limit no more than 2 a day and at least 2 per month. Keep that in mind....however there is the flex plan....
4. The weekly challenge on the blog is sooooo current. My little self worked hard getting that thing together last night. Due on Sunday the 25th Did I forget the due date? arghhh
The new challenge will usually be submitted by Sunday night.
5. No secret Santa thing. Are you saying you want to start one?
6. Our group has been around for over a year. As with most groups, there have been waxing and waning periods. Along with that, we also had a change in administration. So there.
7. Just read the blog and smile at it, for now. Newbiezz get blog access after three months.
8. Can't speak for anyone else, but I you.

Edited by whenscraphappenzz on 11-19-07 06:37 PM. Reason for edit: I'm not perfect. I do make mistakes. Just not many.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

Ok Gangster Bozz! I have listened, now I am replying..
1. Alright, newbiezz have it eazzy
2. I'm just hoping I didn't upset her
3. I don't do flex planzz..just checking, didn't want to overload anyone
4. You did a wonderful job, I'll get right on it!
5. Yezz...we should..secret santazz rock!
6. Thanks for explaining..just making sure everyone would be here next week or I wasn't going to be surrounded by ....
7. Lovin' this newbie thing right now...I'm so blog challenged
8. Thanks I wuv u too!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to denitza

What are the 3 most important things in your house that you can't leave without?
1. Coffee
2. Purse
3. Shoes (this has actually been a problem)

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

Thankful for:
Time with DH..I do't get a lot of it with him starting his business
Unconditional love from my furbaby's
Random beauties my camera finds every day in my yard
Knowing that dh is there for me
Experience to know what is important
Youthfulness

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Great answers, Melissa (Governator)!

Girlzz, no scrapping for me tonight. I am watching Oceans 13 with hubby and getting my feet rubbed.

If I could purr like a cat, I would.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

Gooood morning ladies! Up early again today. Trying to fit in everything I want to do on my days off. I've been reading my Photoshop book and let me tell you that program is amazing! (I know most of you probably all ready knew that!) I've had this program for a while now but barely knew what to do with it other than how to use one or 2 tools my sister had taught me to use. Anyway, more of studying that today, some house cleaning, and possibly some curtain shopping. Later tonight i have to go pick up the grandson (5) from daycare while his mom takes the baby to the drs office, so another busy day ahead for sure!
When I was working on my LO the other day and ran up to Michaels to get different paper, I saw a photo opportunity. If you'd like, check it out on my photo blog.

I'll check in with you peeps lata!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Ugh. Photoshop good.

Grrrrr. better.

denitza
Mayor
denitza

Hi all.
Wendy, big congrats to you!
GovernerZZ Melissa, great answers!
G'ma Chrisy, don't spoil him too much! You have awesome photos on your blog!
Tiff, how did you like " Ocean's 13"? We saw it 2 days ago. I think it's better than the second one, as good as the first one

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to WendyGirl

Wendy: You should scrap that test story! Congrats on passing (I'm new so you have to tell me what the test was for) Congrats again...
Thanks for the welcome...I don't mean to take control, but I am a governor

Jessica: Thanks for the welcome...love puppies. Tax free scrapping supplies..maybe you live in Delaheaven

Christy: that is where I mean, awesome shopping..I'll have to see the pics..I noticed that you are the "group sub" does this mean that you'll be my singing partner if Brenda is gone..Photoshop rocks!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany: How was Oceans 13? Did you get the purring down (I could go so many place with that)..

I need to brew more coffee........

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

Tiff: tell me about it (the bill).
Gov.Melissa- re 8. of course not! great answers to the QOWs. love the Delaheaven. Although we have tax-free shopping, we're also home to "not-a-danm-thing-around- to-do-for-entertainement/ scrappy events-ville"

I wasnt going to get on the computer because I'm in my scraproom, BUT I needed a bit of inspiration, and I couldn't find any bubble wrap! of course I just threw away the envelope tiff sent her atc's in (the big one) and apparently that was the last one around here. So I'll have to wait on that part until after we pick max up. ok back to scrapping

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Yo Gabba Gabba!!!!!

If you don't know what that is....you better check yourself before you wreck yourself!

I'm so down.

I forgot to vent to you guys yesterday. I uploaded a picture to WM.com (Brenda, step away from you slingshot). I chose 8x10, I checked it in the viewer to see what it would look like.... yadda, yadda, yadda. I get it back it is cropped crappily. (note to self: copyright the phrase "cropped crappily")

I didn't even want to deal with it. I just took a loss of the $2 and change and walked away. I could have stood at the counter yelling "I want my 2 dollars!" (Better Off Dead fans, anyone? anyone?)

Soooooooooooo, there's that.

Oceans 13. I liked it for the eye candy. However, I was leaving some critiques during some of the key times and kind of got lost about halfway through. However, hubby is a huge fan of the Oceans movies, so don't fret I will watch it again and understand it. For example, who were the letters from? Missed that whole thing.

Speaking of inspiration. I MUST CLEAN THIS SCRAPROOM, before I delve into some scrappin'. To be honest, I am afraid if I don't, I might merge with the pile and it will take days for Rene and los salvajoncitos to find me. Ayudame!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Girlzz.... Yesterday, Melissa the Governator, mentioned the idea of a Secret Santa exchange.

Would you guys be interested in participating in something like that? I was thinking of suggesting an ornament exchange, but the Secret Santa sounds good, too.

Anyone interested?

Psst, I think I can get the Newbie Governor to run the whole thamn ding. eh? eh?????

HEY! WHERE IS EVERYONE TODAY? I just realized that there haven't been many pop ins today. I got no one to watch dance and I am just over drowning my sorrows.

Edited by whenscraphappenzz on 11-20-07 08:26 AM. Reason for edit: English is my second language. Southern is my first.

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

Tiff: i would help you! lol. that really stinks with walmart.

Well came down to scrap and I love the photo placement (after about 50 different spots) and 1 piece of the pp. the other piece is in the same brand/name and all.. but I dont like the way they look together. So i need an ac moore trip to get a piece of cs or two. But I made a sketch of how it is in case it gets moved by my mom before I get to finish it. And I know the fonts I want to use, just need the paper to cut them out of.
So, now I'm starting my xmas cards. I think I need to hire a puppy sitter once a week so I can scrap. lol.. brandon's working on his truck, I get to scrap. no feeling bad about max being neglected (although I do feel bad for him because he is probably hurting or still knocked out right now).
Ok too much chatting, not enough scrapping. later gaters

denitza
Mayor
denitza

I'm pissed at WM right now too. I've been trying to upload some photos for printing and there is one photo I try to upload probably 20 times and no luck. I'm fed up right now. Will try later.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Hi girls! You guys are so chatty, I can't keep up LOL I only get one here while I'm at work, my job is not that busy at all which is great. When I get home my sons take over the computer. I'm hoping to get a laptop, do you guys have any recommendations?

Wendy, congrats on passing your test, that's so great!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz
In response to denitza

See, this is the thing with Walmart. My dad works for them. He is a on the road truck driver for Walmart. I could tell you the long story, but suffice it to say, that about 10 years ago the company that he had worked for forever, collapsed and he was without a job. Because of his age and experience, he had a hard time finding a job that would pay for his experience. He got hired at Walmart and the rest is history...

Jess, how is Max?

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Hey, Marlene! I feel you about the kids taking over the computers.

I have a little Gateway laptop here at home that I like. For school, I have a little Dell that goes back and forth, but is MUCH older (read, slower).

I think I like them about the same if they were both performing optimally.

If you have a costco membership, they have great deals.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Thanks for the ideas Tiffany, that's what I want - just something small for my room. I just have a desk in my room that I scrap on, so a little one would be great. I've heard that Costco has such great deals on everything. My aunt has a card and my mom looks just like her so she uses my aunt's card to get in. But the only thing bad about that is you can't

I would love to do a Secret Santa also, it sounds like so much fun.

Have you guys every tried Walgreens to make your christmas cards? I used them last year and they came out great, you can do it online.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

Jessica-go door to door asking for bubble wrap. Tell them it's an emergency!!!! Take your camera. SB peoples reactions. Make a tribute page of whoever gives you some. I'll be a puppy sitter.

Tiffany (mami)-Don't even get me started on WM! My DH and I refuse to go there. It bugs my MIL cuz she worked there and has stock she got then, etc..but we always have a horrible experience. I still haven't seen Oceans 12..My eye candy appears in different movies...ahhh...eye candy...wonder what it tastes like.....

I bet you could could get the Governator to do it, she's new, she can be tricked easily, plus anone who would believe that bull castration stuff would fall for anything...Just let me know if others are interested.

Hi Marlene---the new imac rocks, I don't have it, but I play with it at the store..it rules..not cheap though

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

Pulling my head out of my book for a bit, gonna go cleean some closets, yay? Oh well, it will be another thing scratched off my list.

I dont have any computer recommendations, sorry!

Nitza, WM is usually like that during the day I have noticed! Dont forget about Winkflash, I still like them. I still need to try Snapfish tho...
I dont like WM for many reasons but sometimes its just too derned convienient!

denitza
Mayor
denitza

Don't have any ideas about laptop, but I love my Mac, so if I have to buy one it will be Apple!:)

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to denitza

How about this:
(Secret) Santa Happenzz Swap
Who(does it): Hopefully you!
What (do I have to do):Make a handmade card for your secret santa person! Get them a scrapbooking gift (from their wishlist if possible. Value is to be $10.00 to $15.00. You can also include any handmade items you wish!
When (do I have to ship this by) (do I have to ship this by): Parcel Post must be shipped by December 12th. Priority or Express must be shipped by December 17th.
Where (do I ship it): To your secret santa elf person, who will be assigned
Why: becuzz it's the holidayzz
How (can I join in this ultra fun event): Glad you asked..send me a pm letting me know you want to participate. Include your full name and mailing address. THIS MUST BE DONE BY OR ON NOVEMBER 24TH!!! I will assign secret santas partnershipzz on November 25th via pm!!!! Santa names will be pulled out of a coffee can. Please also make sure your wishlist is up to date.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Still cleaning. Just popping in.

x3Jessicalouise
Diva
x3Jessicalouise

Gov.Melissa: lol. We live on back roads. closet neighbor his a couple acres away.. very to themselves. lol and very old. that would be funny though! secret santa sounds cool. will do all that when I get back.
Tiff: doctor called and said he's out of surgery and it all went well. i'm to call back after 3 to see if he's awake enough to come home. Not looking forward to seeing the vet bill though. yikes. the ears, 3 shots, pain pills, antibiotic. whew.
One thing before I go, I was going to do a poll for my contest tomorrow when I get off work. However, I only have 2 entries! The poll will still go up tomorrow, but please... more people enter!! Details on my blog and SH blog, come on newbiezz, and oldiezz!!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

...where is everyone?

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

• Eat Sleep Scrap Said:

What's wrong?

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

was getting lonely...there is life out there

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

There sure is!

However, I have been elbow deep in my scrap room. Admittedly, I did take a 30 minute catnap with the kiddos.

I have to run out to the grocery store to buy the last minute fixings for my Thanksgiving dinner that Costco didn't have.

I'll be back later this evening!

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Where are my girlzz at??????????

I do not like this.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

I am here now...

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Hey, Melissa. I just got the kiddies in bed and I am working on Jess' "journaling" for her contest.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

cool....this place has been empty today

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

Today I had to actually do some work at work. well almost... I had to work on Brad's cycling results and press release. Tomorrow back to goofing off at work doing scrapbook.com posts.
YIPPEE! I promise to catch up.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

not one person has signed up for secret santa yet..that's not true...I signed up...

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Lisa, glad to have you back!

Melissa, I'll sign up, too and I think Jess might have said she was up for it.

Speaking of Jess, I just sent you a pm.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

oh yea, Jess said she would, you're going to too! cool we have three now...yea...I sent you a pm too

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

Goodnight Galzz

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

one quick note: I like this pledge thing...makes me feel like I'm joining a sorority

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

• Eat Sleep Scrap Said:
one quick note: I like this pledge thing...makes me feel like I'm joining a sorority

Oh yeah, wait 'til Brenda (twinscrapbee) gets ahold of you. Just can haze like you won't believe.

Good morning, girlzz. I needs me some coffee. I also needs to do a top to bottom cleanup of the house because the Colombian-in-law will be here tomorrow. I swear she has a dust bunny sensor built in somewhere in her little body.

I have a question for my girlzz. It's a little sneaky, but tell me what you think.

I am probably going to do my Black Friday shopping online.

Well,

Would it work if Thursday night, I put all the stuff in a "cart" (at full price) that I want (that I know will be on sale in the morning) and then when the prices go into effect at 5:00am, I refresh to update price.

Do you think that I will get the sale price?

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

I'm going shoppin' this morning...yea!!!

I'm going to be hazed...I can handle it

Come on galzz...let's get those secret santa pm's going...

on the shopping thing, I'm going to say it won't work...coroporate america isn't that nice

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Hey y'all. I was flipping through some old photos and found these from last year. They all center around the Flat Stanley sent to us by my niece. We tried to show him a good time.

If anyone doesn't know Flat Stanley, let me know so I can explain and no one thinks I am

Enjoy.

Thanksgiving with Flat Stanley 2006

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

Good Morning
Happy day before Thanksgiving.

I would like to do Secret ScrapSanta , but no laughing at the card I make. I have made...zero cards.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

I promise no laughing from me! I would be honored to receive a virgin card.

Girlzz that participated in the ATC swap: Do you want to do something similar to what we did with the Roll Call swaps? (see here: Roll Call Swap thread )

denitza
Mayor
denitza

Hi all.
How is everybody today? I've been cleaning, preping stuff for tomorrow.
The last couple of days I've seen Christy's mosaic lo, Tiff's -the heart one and Gov. Melissa's " She" los featured -yay for that!
I think something like RC thread for the ATC's will be cool!
Now off to feed the monsters:)Then back to cleaning:(

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.
In response to denitza

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. Thanks for your computer recommendations

Tiffany, maybe you can try filling out a wishlist on the sites that you want to buy from, then maybe they will automatically change the price on Friday.

I would love to do the Secret Santa Melissa, so sign me up!

Also, what is the roll call swap and can I participate???

I had an idea that maybe we can do a "get to know you" survey on this thread, that way us newbiez can get to know you all better. If you'd like, I can get some questions together. It would be fun to read everyones answers ~ just let me know if it's okay.

I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Have a great time with family and friends and enjoy!

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Marlene, we did a swap with 8x8 los about me kind of thing-the roll call swap. We did it probably in March or somewhere there.
I'm all up for the get to know you survey.
Done cleaning

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to denitza

Lisa, it was fun to read all about your los in the other thread and to see the right answers.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis
In response to denitza

Helloooo ladies!!

A "Get to Know you Survey" Sounds awesome...us oldies may even learn something about each other we didn't know. Go for it Marlene!

Tiff, dont know if that would work or not but I'll keep my fingers crossed if they aren't freezing off at 3:30 am when I'm standing outside of Kohls!! EEEKS!!!

I'm soooooo excited!!! I....AM.....SO....EXCITED!

Ok, so it doesnt take much to get me excited (DOWN Brenda!) hehehe but check out my photo blog liink in my siggy and check out what I taught myself to do in Photoshop!! It is the MAIN thing I've been wanting to learn and I've done it!! Did i mention i was excited?

Edited by cmeinstlouis on 11-21-07 12:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Christy, the pics look amazing.

I have an idea, Christy. They say you learn something best when you have to teach it. (I swear "they" say that.)

So....why don't you intermittently give us Photoshop "mini-lessons"? As you learn something, type up a tutorial and post it. I don't know about everyone else, but I could definitely benefit from that. I can maneuver my Photoshop ok (thanks to some tutorials that Melissa-Jersey linked me to a while ago, but I could always be better. What do you think? You decide the schedule and topic. Please, please.

Marlene, yes, yes, yes. Get crackin' on that questionnaire. Should be funsies.

Does anyone else brine their turkey? Mine is cooking, as I type. Wooohoo

I'm hurt that no one commented on my little slide show.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

That sounds like an excellent plan Tiff, I can do that!!! I go from Putzing around in it to giving tutorials...Huh, who'd have thunk it? Now I have Photoshop 7 so i dont know how different it would be from any other versions ya'll have but we'll give it a go.
Oh and by the way, I LOVED your flat Stanley slide show!! (meant to comment earlier but forgot, oops!)My girls did that when they were younger. At the time my sister was in college up in Milwaukee and she took Stanley out on the town. I'll have to scrap those someday!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

I LUV Flat Stanley. Is he married? Maybe we can mail him around and everyone can take a few photos and share them.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Christy, I have Photoshop 7 too, so that would work for me.

Lisa, I really like that idea. In fact....

I got something brewing here.

I'll type it up in a bit.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

• whenscraphappenzz Said:
So....why don't you intermittently give us Photoshop "mini-lessons"? As you learn something, type up a tutorial and post it.

A separate SHCG Photoshop thread is a fantastic idea. I found that just explaining the Photoshop commands helps me remember them. I know there is a whole Photoshop forum forum but I haven't spent any time in there.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

Well I guess we can have our own PS forum huh? Lisa, arent you a graphics lady? Maybe you could help with this, I'm just going off what i'm learning in a book, maybe you could add to it? We'll all be experts in no time. (Unless Lisa really isnt a graphics lady!hehehe)
Should we put that in the SH Blog or a blog on here? (Not an expert blogger)

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

let's ponder this whole idea about Photoshop "mini-lessons". Blogs sound better then thread posts.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis

I was thinking maybe a blog so that you could also post a print screen (if you can do that) to give some visual to the mini lessons. What do you think?

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

Tiff-Lovin' Flat Stantley! How cool that he cooks? What's his fave team? never heard of him, tell me all about him. Tell me about the Roll Call Swap..read it, but us newbiezz are slow.

Lisa-None of us would ever laugh at anything you make. I can't believe you would even suggest that.

Marlene-I like the getting to know you thing!!

Christy-PM your blog linky....I have no siggys.

Got some frickin' awesome scrap supplies today...dirt cheap...yea!!!! I mean like 90% off dirt cheap...$20-clear stamps for 2 buckzz...love it. Had a blast with my friend...Have a pit to clean, but no motivation to...

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

wow I googled Flat Stanley (I google all of my boyfriends) and he has an official website
http://flatstanley.enoreo.on.ca/

PS I think he is a CANUCK

PSS Flat Stanley and Arnold are buds...
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politics/images/ 0610...

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Flat Stanley gets AROUND!

I am loving the chilly weather. Now, I know that we are thin-skinned over here, but it is 61 degrees and I have the fire going and I have the laptop set up right in front of it.

I wanted to scrap tonight, but after getting the turkey soaking in the brine and getting a couple of desserts done....

here I sit.

whenscraphappenzz
Idol
whenscraphappenzz

Oh yeah... forgot to add ^^^^^ up there

Christy, I was visualizing on the/a blog. I think the idea of screenshots is perfect!

Jess, Bren, Mel-Jersey, Mary, Wendy, Nitza-Cali?

Where you girlzz at?

Page 1 of 54 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics