This is the NEW home of the The Original Scrap Happenzz Critique Group vers. ’08 & '09, established in Nov. '06!
Our group is evolving & we are rejuvenating ourselves for the future – it is a very exciting time! I'm Sharon & I will be serving as Coordinator for this newest incarnation. Here is what we're about:
- a tightly-knit bunch of dynamic, artistic souls who like to chat, create and help each other become the best scrappers/crafters we can be. We are scrafters of varying abilities & styles, & are appreciative & respectful of each others’ creative differences!
- a group of no more than 15 very non-traditional peeps. Sometimes our brand of twisted humor & progressive viewpoints have been known to rub the easily offended &/or very conservative population the wrong way.
- a friendly, nice and supportive group nonetheless!
- NOT just a mutual admiration society! We give honest, constructive feedback - compliments AND suggestions, where we think applicable!
*Submit 2 contributions per month to the Scrap Happenzz Layouts Critique Thread for critique. Contributions may be in the form of los, sketches, photos, cards, and various "scrafty" projects. Note: 2-page LOs are usually counted as 1 submission unless otherwise indicated.
*Honestly and thoughtfully critique all contributions within 10 days from the post date, and precede critiques with "SHCG" (e.g., "SHCG- This page rocks, but it would be more hardcore with stilettos for embellishments.").
*Check-in and chat with this main thread at least once a week. The better we know each other & the closer we feel w/ one another, the more comfortable & appreciative we are to receive/give critiques.
The SHCG Flexible Plan:
We are very understanding of life's priorities, but membership does take a little time commitment!
*If a member knows she will not be able to meet the contribution minimum, she can indicate this in the main thread, and will be excused of her obligations for the month.
*Our group purpose is provide thoughtful critiques to each other’s work; compliments addressing specific details also count as critiques. Ideally, we aim to post feedback within 10 days (though we understand that real life takes precedence & sometimes may affect 100% fulfillment of this guideline).
*Individuals have the option to notify members they haven't received critiques from them after 10 days should they wish to seek more feedback.
*We have our own BLOG where we keep track of everything!
*We host BiWeekly Challenges (BWCs) (formerly Weekly Challenges, WCs), rotated among members. We post them on the BLOG & as of 12/08, in the space below . They are not mandatory.
*We may post Member Hosted Challenges (MHC) with optional RAKs at any given time. We post them on the BLOG too-not mandatory.
*We may hold contests when we feel like it-you can find them on the BLOG .
*We learn more about each other through our optional QueZZtion of the Week, posted by the first person eager enough to respond to the previous QOW.
*We give and get birthday gifties from our Wish Lists.
*We do all sorts of other fun stuff that members may suggest - swaps, gift exchanges, etc!
*We collaborate on how to keep this group running efficiently.
Current Active Members:
1. blushpea = Sharon (Group Coordinator as of 10-07/Biweekly Challenge Coordinator/TRAKker/Bloga holic)
2. twinscrapbee = Brenda (Our Birthday Badazz, Spelling B & Swift Arse Kicker)
3. Gelidy Gelato = Lisa
4. *jesse* = Jesse
5. MaRLeNeF = Marlene (TRAKker)
6. CMLeach = Chris
7. Fuchsboi = Brian
8. Denitza = Denitza (Charter Member)
9. WendyGirl = Wendy
10. Chell Rae = Michelle
11. Scrappinmomto2girls = Margaret
If you have been removed from the Current Active Member List, it is due to lack of participation. Please PM me if you wish to re-join.
Pledges will be moved to CAM status after three months of proven commitment as outlined above.
1. Lifeinthefastlane = Amanda (started 8/7/09 – 1 participatory month remaining as of 12/7/09)
2. Scrapping Diva = Taysha (started 10/1/09 - 1 participatory months remaining as of 12/1/09)
Past Members in Good Standing:
These ladiezz were major contributors who still come by to say hello. We look forward to their visits.
Cajaya = Mel
whenscraphappenzz = Tiffany
cmeinstlouis = Christy
Scrappin Kitty = Amanda
X3jessicalouise = Jess (Charter Member)
miss becky = Becky
Wacky Watson = Sarah
Kaleidoscope = Kayla, aka K, Group Leader 6/07- 10/07
Scrapbooks by Moi = Moi (Charter Member)
Ironscrapper = Katie
nannieannie = Annie
Jenfitz = Jen
Sosumi San = Angela
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/06 - 6/07
(Note: exclusion of past members doesn't necessarily mean they're in "bad standing;" it just means they no longer stop by. Or, maybe they are in bad standing! Heh.).
She gave us life!
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/06 - 6/07
Current Biweekly Challenge:
BWC #26 for 2009, The Animal In Me, Posted by Chell Rae/Michelle:
1.Locate one photo of YOU that reminds you of an animal ( e.g. hair is all poofed out so you look like a lion, personally I don't have one like this).
2. Add dimension/texture somehow, with pop-up dots, feathers, layers of animal PP.
3. Use embellies of some kind that symbolize or are the animal that you are.
4. Add a journaling block and describe which animal you are.
This may take some thinking but I think it will be fun to see what the animal in all of us is.
(To see responses, tune in to the blog when the next BWC is posted!)
Upcoming Biweekly Challenge Schedule:
12/20/09 - Michelle
01/03/10 - Wendy
01/17/10 - Margaret
01/31/10 - Brenda