Page 1 of 11 
Username Post: DCWV Paper Stacks        (Topic#1444035)
fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins

Do you guys buy paper stacks? (not cs) The DCWV stacks are always on sale for half off and I think about it but then always decide against it. Do you find them to be a good deal? The reason I always change my mind is I'm thinking how many LOs am I really going to do for a particular theme (like Christmas for example)? I'm typically a paper hand-picker -- one sheet at a time specifically for a certain LO or b/c I just LOVE a certain pattern. Just wondering what others' thoughts are on these stacks.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to fuzzlekins

I don't buy all the stacks, but I do buy ones that I'll use most of. I never pay full price for them, always wait for them to be on sale or use a coupon.

apejaz
apejaz 
Diva
apejaz
In response to moxiegirl23

I love the paper stacks. It helps when they go on sale. But I use them alot

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

I am a dcwv junkie... and when I don't buy dcwv i still buy paper packs. I'm not a "by the sheet" paper buyer. I probably do have more than I'll ever use in my life. LOL But at the same time.. it's kinda nice to have 3 of the same pattern and a lot of one theme when you have BIG album projects or multiple of the same thing as gifts or something, kwim?

I personally love dcwv stacks and just don't have the decision making skills that I see as neccessary in buying paper by the sheet... so i get stacks. Plus, it makes mixing and matching A LOT easier!!! And you still have options, I have found.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• fuzzlekins Said:
Do you guys buy paper stacks? (not cs) The DCWV stacks are always on sale for half off and I think about it but then always decide against it. Do you find them to be a good deal? The reason I always change my mind is I'm thinking how many LOs am I really going to do for a particular theme (like Christmas for example)? I'm typically a paper hand-picker -- one sheet at a time specifically for a certain LO or b/c I just LOVE a certain pattern. Just wondering what others' thoughts are on these stacks.

Not only do I get the PP stacks but I will get the coordinating CS stacks (small stacks) to use for matting. Most fit exactly on a 4x6 photo.
And yea, I get them when there are Coupons or sales. J's is a reasonably priced place.
But sometimes their stuff is gone over so much, so at times I order from this site instead.
Cause me wuvs sb.com .

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

DCWV Paper Stacks are one of my very most favorite products out there! (Have = Far East , Retro, Autumn & Summer Stack, Pocket Full of Posies & Nana's Kids...Wish List = The Christmas Stack)

I like that you get a large variety of themes & colors, not just limited to the holidays. You can also use them for cardmaking & color-coordinated themed paper projects. Lastly, I also find that it's a great deal for the price, the variety & or the quality of the paper included!

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to DawnInAZ

OMG! Dawn! I totally got hooked on the mat stacks, too! Thank goodness for J's sales on dcwv stuff all the time. it makes it such a great buy. Oh, and I will get multiples of the 12x12 cs packs that come out each season. such great colors and texture and for a much better deal that Bazzill , I think.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Jenny from the Crop

Oooh... feelin' all the dcwv love.

I feel a warm glow.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I went to J's to get the studio G christmas $ stamps and had to put blinders on when I walked past the DCWV 40% off sale. I do not need anymore paper at the moment, but they were calling my name.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Jenny from the Crop Said:
OMG! Dawn! I totally got hooked on the mat stacks, too! Thank goodness for J's sales on dcwv stuff all the time. it makes it such a great buy. Oh, and I will get multiples of the 12x12 cs packs that come out each season. such great colors and texture and for a much better deal that Bazzill , I think.

I have one of the big CM power sort boxes full of the DCWV mat stacks, seperated out by color.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I went to J's to get the studio G christmas $ stamps and had to put blinders on when I walked past the DCWV 40% off sale. I do not need anymore paper at the moment, but they were calling my name.

You should know better than to use the word "need".. it's not about NEED!

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I have one of the big CM power sort boxes full of the DCWV mat stacks, seperated out by color.

ooooohhh... i bet that was fun sorting it out. i swear, i like organizing my supplies as much as I enjoy using them. LOL

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:

You should know better than to use the word "need".. it's not about NEED!

True, but I NEED to not go over my CC limit. And hopefully next month I'll have racked up enough reward points for the 325 sheets of Bazzill that I've been saving for. And I NEED to use up some of the new stacks I bought last month. Otherwise I'm going to need more storage for it all!

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

raymondmom
Idol
raymondmom

I buy the stacks. I like mixing papers. I can let the kids use the papers without worrying about the cost. I can play with the papers and not be concerned about ruining them. Sometimes the paper is exactly right for a project. I've brough the stacks to all night crops and been able to give someone something they needed.

Brid
Brid 
Idol
Brid
  • Brid on 12-05-07 01:03 PM
In response to raymondmom

I buy stacks and individual papers. DCWV are nice bc you don't have to get them at a lss and with the coupon or on sale they're a great deal!

on_the_plains
Expert
on_the_plains
In response to Brid

I bought one of the holiday stacks and used the paper for Christmas gifts.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to on_the_plains

i buy the stacks that i will use the most papers out of. when you break it down to individual costs, they are cheaper than buying other papers, even if those were on sale. plus, they will sometimes give you a repeat of a certain pattern in the stack, so if you goof up or really like that page, you have more.

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

I love DCWV stacks, mat stacks, cardstock stacks, you name it. Love 'em and use 'em all the time.

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Power sort boxes?? What are those?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Josiology

Big archival safe storage boxes for photos made by Creative Memories. They hold 2400 photos and have 12 compartments that can come out.

PM me if you're still curious.

mickeymarie
Expert
mickeymarie

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I never thought of using a power sort box for the matte stacks! Awesome Idea!

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Big archival safe storage boxes for photos made by Creative Memories. They hold 2400 photos and have 12 compartments that can come out.

Thanks...I might have to get me a couple of those. Don't laugh, but, when I first read "CM power sort boxes" I was thinking you had some sort of automatic "color sorter" for paper, LOL. If only, huh??

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Josiology

Haha, I knew I'd see Jenny in here (hi Jenny!). I love DCWV stacks. When I first started, having a few stacks really helped to round out my collection; that continues to this day. I have the PP Stack, the Fall & Spring PP Stacks, the Black & White Stack & The Photo Stack (ahem, I am not listing the cardstock ones I have but I have a bunch of those too!). I use them all though some more than others (I really go through the cardstock ones fast), it's just great to have that much PP for that price. And I love how you can flip through a stack you think you already know & spot a sheet that you don't remember, it's like an extra added bonus. Sure there are some sheets I'm less likely to use, but the benefits FAR outweigh the waste, IMHO!

Ahh, feel the warm DCWV glow...

I promised myself I wouldn't buy another stack until I finish one (am almost done w/ a cardstock one) but that Rock Star's calling my name. So's Dressed Up!

LOL on the magic sorting box too...

Edited by blushpea on 12-05-07 05:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to blushpea

I love DCWV - especially when they are 50% - I load up on them - I too see that they are a great value and don't flip out when I see my daughter cutting up the pretty paper for her crafts, school projects, etc. I also love to use the PP for card making!!! I just love them!!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to blushpea

ok ok...I am hooked on them too.....I have sooooooooo many I also buy the coordinating solids to go with them.

I use designs that I am not too crazy about for cards and things to give away.....I think when they are used they end up looking really nice

I enjoy having so many choices....even some designs in one stack say Xmas can be used for other times of the year as well.

And the price makes it that more tempting

MEGULA
MEGULA 
New Kid On the Block
MEGULA

I absolutely *love* DCWV!!!

I only buy them on sale or from Ebay, though, because they can be pricey and we're penny pinchers.

The papers are so diverse that we use them in various albums, for matting, and for card-making.

Our favorite stack design is "Once Upon A Time" ~ it's so gorgeous!!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MEGULA

I love them too! I have a bunch and have made myself refrain from buying any more until I use up some more of what I have. Of course, I don't have some of them yet that are really calling to me, like the rock star and far east ones. I also tend towards the cs ones, because they're great when I need a little splash of a certain color. They also work wonders as photo mats (I think someone else already said that!).

Also, when you get them on sale, they are relatively inexpensive. One woman was shocked when I went to a crop and let her have three sheets of my glitter stack. She fell in love with it too and was asking where she could get some. Of course, I had to be an enabler and clue her in.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to siameseplease

I've bought them in the past and hardly ever use up enough. I like having all that coordinating paper though.

I really like the thicker paper pads too though, like the Rockstar, Once Upon A Time or the Pocket Full of Posies as opposed to the lighter weight paper pads.

I really like the pads from HL; the KI, Wild Asparagus , MME...I've used those more and they go half off quite often. In fact, they are half off right now:)

Edited by shopgirlaudi on 12-05-07 07:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Spacy Tracy
Mayor
Spacy Tracy
In response to shopgirlaudi

Jen... the rose PP in a few of my LO's (red roses and the white roses and the pink roses) all came from a DCWV pack!!!
I dont know if I'll use all that came in it but I sure have used a good portion of it!

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to Spacy Tracy

I rarely buy paper at full price, unless it's something extra special. I do like the DCWV stacks. I like that they go on sale at J's for $9.99. I like that they have a lovely white core. I really like that they have coordinating colors. (I'm bad about mixing and matching my colors and I need all the help I can get.)

I love, love, love the Old World cardstock. Ooooh Pretty!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to shopgirlaudi

• shopgirlaudi Said:
I've bought them in the past and hardly ever use up enough. I like having all that coordinating paper though.

I really like the thicker paper pads too though, like the Rockstar, Once Upon A Time or the Pocket Full of Posies as opposed to the lighter weight paper pads.

I really like the pads from HL; the KI, Wild Asparagus , MME...I've used those more and they go half off quite often. In fact, they are half off right now:)

You, my dear, are an enabler.

I love DCWV. I love the Brights stack and the Once Upon A Time stack. I, too, love the white core. I like that it looks good torn and it also looks good torn and inked.

scrapali22
Expert
scrapali22

I love buying DCWV stacks only when they're on sale. I think I worked it out to be like 17 cents per sheet of pp, that's one hell of a steal and eventually I'll use them all I've bought two patterened ones and one textured cardstock white core which I could soon use another! I loved it!the quality rocks!

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to scrapali22

I've bought a coupe of stacks. An MME one and the Winter stack at J's for cards. They are good deals, if you use that much paper. I don't think I'll ever use all that paper. I'll get sick of the design first, even with the smaller pads. I do like the cardstock stacks.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Thanks...I might have to get me a couple of those. Don't laugh, but, when I first read "CM power sort boxes" I was thinking you had some sort of automatic "color sorter" for paper, LOL. If only, huh??

like one of those dollar bill counters!

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to blushpea

• blushpea Said:
Haha, I knew I'd see Jenny in here (hi Jenny!). I love DCWV stacks. When I first started, having a few stacks really helped to round out my collection; that continues to this day. I have the PP Stack, the Fall & Spring PP Stacks, the Black & White Stack & The Photo Stack (ahem, I am not listing the cardstock ones I have but I have a bunch of those too!). I use them all though some more than others (I really go through the cardstock ones fast), it's just great to have that much PP for that price. And I love how you can flip through a stack you think you already know & spot a sheet that you don't remember, it's like an extra added bonus. Sure there are some sheets I'm less likely to use, but the benefits FAR outweigh the waste, IMHO!

Ahh, feel the warm DCWV glow...

I promised myself I wouldn't buy another stack until I finish one (am almost done w/ a cardstock one) but that Rock Star's calling my name. So's Dressed Up!

LOL on the magic sorting box too...

Me, too! And I got dressed up.... you should get it. I think you need it. :P

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

OMG... this thread is so exciting. LOL Makes me want to go home and just flip through all of my paper.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Jenny, bring some with you to work tomorrow. That way you always have a piece to fondle in an emergancy!

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins
In response to scrapali22

• scrapali22 Said:
I think I worked it out to be like 17 cents per sheet of pp

I always hit the 6/$0.96 sale at JA's so I'm used to paying $0.16 for hand-picked pp. I guess that's why I'm not quite convinced on the DCWV. I like the idea of *sometimes* using pre-coordinated paper, but I also think that the open stock patterns are much prettier than what comes in the stacks. Hmmm, still can't quite decide but they're on sale for 50% off at M's this week. Guess I'll have to go have a look.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• fuzzlekins Said:
  • scrapali22 Said:
I think I worked it out to be like 17 cents per sheet of pp

I always hit the 6/$0.96 sale at JA's so I'm used to paying $0.16 for hand-picked pp. I guess that's why I'm not quite convinced on the DCWV. I like the idea of *sometimes* using pre-coordinated paper, but I also think that the open stock patterns are much prettier than what comes in the stacks. Hmmm, still can't quite decide but they're on sale for 50% off at M's this week. Guess I'll have to go have a look.

Try one stack. Or even a mat stack. If you hate it, use some and give the rest away in a RAK or a swap.

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

• Joda Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

like one of those dollar bill counters!

I know...but, hey, I'd buy one! I spend a lot of time sorting and organizing, lol.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Josiology

omg... lol... you know you're a scrapbooker when....

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife

I buy them when they are on sale. Not just DCWV, but all stacks that I like. The sheets that I dont like, or wont use all 2 or 3 of I resell on Craigslist. I just went through all my paper a few weeks ago and sold 225 sheets for $25

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to marine-wife

I have purchased DCWV stacks before. I like them.
But never buy them for full price - wait until you have a coupon or they are half off - so that even if you don't use some of it, you won't feel as if you wasted your money.

I bought a 12 x 12 wedding stack and a different 8 x 8 wedding stack when I was working on my wedding album and it worked out pretty nicely.
I've also bought some others too.

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins

Not a bad idea, Liz. BTW, I misspoke -- it's JA's that has their stacks on sale this week and it's 40% off. I flipped through all the stacks they had tonight and I just couldn't seem to commit to one. Couldn't find any that I really got excited about like I do when I peruse the open stock. However, my one beef with the open stock, at least at JA's, is that it never seems to change. I'm thinking sooner or later I'm going to have everything I like from their wall o' paper. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the designer papers at my LSS, but I just refuse to pay $0.88 - $1.30 for a piece of paper! Is it just me or is $1.30 nuts??

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

$1.30 is crazy.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959

• fuzzlekins Said:
I always hit the 6/$0.96 sale at JA's so I'm used to paying $0.16 for hand-picked pp.

I've done that a few times, but the last two times I just picked up solid white or cream colored cardstock to use as the foundation page. I just didn't see anything else that caught my eye.

I second giving DCWV a try when it goes on sale. I have to metal-head sons and the Rockstar paper will go nicely in their albums. I love the Old World paper and I keep thinking about the Far East paper...but figure I'd better use some of what I've got before I go buying more.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to melissa_1959

I used to buy patterned paper stacks, but I found that I never used most of it so it is a big waste for me. I do buy carstock in stacks, though since that always gets used.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to darksideme

ACM has all packaged paper on sale this week. Just an FYI. The sale goes til Tuesday.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Actually the DCWV paper packs when they are on sale come to less then 6 cents a piece. And Joann's has a mega pack out now that I think comes to 5 cents a piece when its on sale.

The premium packs (which are heavier paper - RockStar, Far East, Glittered, etc) and cardstock packs come to about 17 cents apiece.

I LOVE these paper packs. For me they are definitely worthwhile.

weekend scrapper
Pro
weekend scrapper
In response to disneylisa

Family tend to buy me a lot of Paper Stacks as gifts, which is great. But I wouldn't buy them myself because I like to pick out individual PP.

leibetty
Governor
leibetty
In response to weekend scrapper

I love the dcvw paper stacks , even in the Christmas/Fall/Summer stacks (I've never actually gotten a spring one) there are enough "plain" stripes, dots, checks etc that make it not ALL Totally themey
like disneylisa said at 1/2off 19.99 the 180 sheet packs work out to 6cents a sheet - you could even use 1/10th of the pack and still be better off than the "standard" 60cents a sheet
even if you only use a THIRD of the stack that's the Joann's "6/$.96 sale" price - so I get it if I like at least 1/3 of the patterns hehe and then, some grow on me

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c

I love DCWV ... I do cards envolopes and LOs with these papers. I also used these a lot with my die cutting machine. I also really love the fact that it has a white core. You can emboss and then sand.

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins
In response to leibetty

• leibetty Said:
like disneylisa said at 1/2off 19.99 the 180 sheet packs work out to 6cents a sheet - you could even use 1/10th of the pack and still be better off than the "standard" 60cents a sheet even if you only use a THIRD of the stack that's the Joann's "6/$.96 sale" price - so I get it if I like at least 1/3 of the patterns hehe and then, some grow on me

That's the best argument I've seen. Okay, maybe I'm convinced now.;) Guess I'll try the Christmas stack. I like the Kids stack and *might* get that one, but that one is only 48 pages unfortunately.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

• fuzzlekins Said:
  • leibetty Said:
like disneylisa said at 1/2off 19.99 the 180 sheet packs work out to 6cents a sheet - you could even use 1/10th of the pack and still be better off than the "standard" 60cents a sheet even if you only use a THIRD of the stack that's the Joann's "6/$.96 sale" price - so I get it if I like at least 1/3 of the patterns hehe and then, some grow on me

That's the best argument I've seen. Okay, maybe I'm convinced now.;) Guess I'll try the Christmas stack. I like the Kids stack and *might* get that one, but that one is only 48 pages unfortunately.

The Christmas stack is great! The only papers in it I don't like are the set of photorealistic ones.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

• fuzzlekins Said:
  • leibetty Said:

I think I have every stack made in the past 4 years now, and I LOVE the kids one (if you have kids). It is so cute! I am really liking the 48 pagers now as they are cardstock thickness, not just PP. I also have a paper addiction, so I buy way too much paper anyways. I think I am up to 23 Cropper Hopper s now, not including all the stacks.

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins

I'm taking the plunge! I'm getting the big Christmas stack. I was so inspired by Robbielh1's decorated paint cans that I'm going to do the same type thing with empty baby formula canisters. I'm going to use the Christmas stack to cover the canisters.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

I just bought the christmas glitter stack today, and most of the pages I really like. I used the ones I don't like for a project my sister needed for work, so it actually worked out pretty well for me. I like the stacks, they are cheaper and come in coordinating papers. Most of the time I only like 1/2 of the pack, but I give some away to kids or children's centers. I will only buy them when they are on sale or I use a coupon too.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• fuzzlekins Said:
I'm taking the plunge! I'm getting the big Christmas stack. I was so inspired by Robbielh1's decorated paint cans that I'm going to do the same type thing with empty baby formula canisters. I'm going to use the Christmas stack to cover the canisters.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• fuzzlekins Said:
Do you guys buy paper stacks? (not cs) The DCWV stacks are always on sale for half off and I think about it but then always decide against it. Do you find them to be a good deal?

I recived the DCWV Stacker III 4 years ago for Christmas. I STILL have paper. The problem and good thing is that it is the same patterns in every color. So if you like a pattern it's easy to find in the color you want BUT then you have tons of paper you may not want (i hardly use orange/yellow/brown)

However I did give away alot as a RAK in my critique group and have sold some on Ebay and bought papers I did want with it. You can also trade with people who bought other paper stacks you want some of,

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• fuzzlekins Said:

That's a great idea of how to use many of the same without it getting old! why didn't I think of that for my coffee cans and then use for scrap storage? I can make rainbow storage containers!!!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

I miss AC Moore....We have an Archivers and Hobby Lobby but AC Moore used to have such great sales. Hobby Lobby has great sales too but they're never open on Sunday's which is my shopping day!

Edited by Reeves95 on 12-09-07 04:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to Just G

• Reeves95 Said:
However I did give away alot as a RAK in my critique group and have sold some on Ebay and bought papers I did want with it. You can also trade with people who bought other paper stacks you want some of,

That's actually a great idea. I bought the fall stack and absolutely love most of it. But we don't celebrate Halloween, so all that stuff would go to waste. I plan to gather up all the Halloween stuff and do an RAK next October.

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins

• moxiegirl23 Said:

LOL!

You'll be pleased to know I now have the paper in my possession!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to gg loves Matthew

I use the paper stacks all the time. But I only buy when they are on sale, or when I have Coupons . I have also gotten a few stacks as gifts. I love them

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

i love the Rockstar stack dcwv rocks

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Heather_Rochelle

Just had to share! (& besides who else here could truly understand my excitement!)...Went by Joanns last night & I just got the Christmas Stack!...(It was on my Wish List)....Yay!!...It's all so pretty & festive!!

(By the way, this weekend it was still on sale at 40% off, so I couldn't just walk away & 'not buy it', am I right!? OK, for the record, you should know that yes, I went in there with the sole intention of buying the pack! But c'mon, I HAVE been a really good girl and I've been holding out ever since November!...The suspense of having to wait THIS long was really getting to me! LOL!

Thanks for listening (& understanding!)

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Heather_Rochelle

I too love the Rock Star Paper stack, as well as the Pocket full of Posies!!!

Tanya1976
Diva
Tanya1976

I just took advantage of J's 40% sale today. I got two DCWV mat stacks (bright and pastel). It's convenient to use them than make my own mats.

Ibescrappin
Diva
Ibescrappin

I have 2 power sort boxes, each one almost completely full. I have so much to scrapbook I will never get it all done. I hope we can scrapbook in heaven/1 Anyway, I can relax knowing that all my photos are safe until I get to them. Go to creativememories.com and go organizers and click on power sort system. Well worth it! lol -Terri

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Ibescrappin

Since the stacks/slabs have so many of the same paper, I go halfsies with my Mom and we split them. Then whatever I don't think I'll use I put in my "give-away" box for the people who come to my crops. I buy a lot of pp at my LSS because I am a pp addict, but I find myself using the papers from the stacks more. It could be part of my illness in that I don't want to use the prettier paper I buy at the LSS! I don't know...

But to answer your question: Yes, I do buy them and I do use them!!

-Mary

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Mary W.

I just went to Joanns today and they had the Christmas large stack half off - I was going to use a coupon but when it rang up at 50% (of $30) I was so happy! There wasn't any signs up about the sale. So if you are out and about - check out their sale!!!

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to SmartyPants

Love them, have several. I have a couple of the Once upon a time so I could make several LO with the same pp. Also, I like the ability to make portions of the pages standout with pop dots. Love the various themes.

Diva

Since both of my kids are crafters as well, I don't have to worry too much about buying a stack that I will personally only use half of -- the kids get the rest.

I don't really scrapbook. I make cards, ATCs, and a lot of altered art, so the stacks actually come in quite handy. They work fine with my die-cut machine and punches so nothing gets wasted at all.

I actually have only bought one 12x12 stack, and it was just plain cardstock. However, I have a ton of smaller ones (the different pattern size on the smaller stacks works better for what I use it for), and sometimes a friend and I will buy different stacks, and split out what's inside them.

Diva
In response to NoirCat

• NoirCat Said:
Love them, have several. I have a couple of the Once upon a time so I could make several LO with the same pp. Also, I like the ability to make portions of the pages standout with pop dots. Love the various themes.

Oh yes, love the Once Upon A Time stacks. I've got some individual sheets of the large stuff, then several stacks of the smaller ones. They make awesome bookmarks to coordinate with handmade or altered books, especially for kids.

teachangels
Veteran
teachangels
In response to PookasCrayon

I love my pocket full of posie stack, but I need to get new ones soon. All my lo are starting to look the same

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to teachangels

I made a quick trip to Joanns last night and saw 2 new ones - Pets Paper Stack and Travel Paper Stack - both are very cute!!!

CountryGirlJen
Resident
CountryGirlJen

I bought the Christmas stack and I've used it for so much stuff! I've done my Christmas album, rolled strips for ornaments, made and embellished cards. I really like the paper packs because so many papers coordinate well together. Makes my job so much easier.

Diva
In response to CountryGirlJen

ACK, I haven't seen the Pets stack!

You people aren't supposed to do this to me when I have a trade show coming up this weekend that I'm saving money for!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to PookasCrayon

Just checking...Did anyone else hear about or happen across the sale from the following discussion? They weren't on sale at my local Jos, but if so in your cases, can you say, what a completely awesome deal!!

Christmas Stacks on SALE!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

We've all know of the DCWV Nana's Kids Paper Stacks...

But, while I was at Joanns yesterday I came across the Nana's Baby Girl & Baby Boy Stacks (they only had small 5x7 stacks/$12.99)...Anyways, I kinda thought that were actually pretty cute. Anyone else have a review?

Cherries, Giraffes and some other cute patterns.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to KellyCali

i love the pocket full of posies stack, and i have the metallic cs stack, and several cs stacks. i also have the big spring and summer stacks, and the nana's pets. i made a really cute photo album for my new grandson with the nana's pets, and it matches his room perfectly! it was an 8x8 premade book so that my dd just has to add pics to it as he grows. she really loved it. i need to borrow it back and scan it so i can upload it to my gallery. anyway, i love stacks from lots of companies, but i don't need to buy anymore since i have enough paper to last me a lifetime! but if i do my one, i have started sharing with my dd who is slowly getting into sb too. that way you don't have too many pp of one design.

luckynewmom
Pro
luckynewmom
In response to randasue

Hi everyone !!! ive been reading this thread but i still want to ask because as a newbie i am still confused with Scrapbook words and the kind of papers.

Pls. bear with me and i hope someone would answer.
Im currently workin on an accordion book and i am goin to start with some Layouts and cardmaking. But i need cardstocks and patterned paper s. Now,i found an online store and they are selling

DCWV Floral Prints Paper Stack 12x12 for 72 Sheets

and Text Prints the Paper Stack 12x12. Now i would really like to have a set of cardstock and patterned paper but im not sure what are this papers and what does the stack means.sorry i think im being so dumb. Are this papers, the patterned paper everyone could use to make Layouts,cards and the likes of Accordion book or this is some kind of paper. There is no description on the online store and even if i made a research about this papers i still dont understand how they describe it. Pls. help. i want to order it if this are the papers i need.

And another question...
I also found this Assorted Paper Accents 12x12 20 pcs. that says Cardstock good for Scrapbooking,card making and rubber stamping. Is this a plain cardstock with variety of colors. Im not sure if you heard of this brand.

Pls. help because i really need to have a cardstock and patterned paper to continue doin my projects but im not sure what are this papers. Its all written in Japanese on the online store and i cant understand all of them.
Thanx ...

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to SmartyPants

• SmartyPants Said:
I made a quick trip to Joanns last night and saw 2 new ones - Pets Paper Stack and Travel Paper Stack - both are very cute!!!

I just bought the Pets Paper. I love the colors. And so of it isn't so "petty" so you can use it other places. I find it hard to find "pet" paper. So i was really happy to see it.

ScrapperKate03
Expert
ScrapperKate03

Im a cardstock fanatic and really like the white-core DCWV paper packs - I found "summer" and "fall" themed color packs at J's for 50% off and had to get them. Use them all the time!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 01-28-08 04:27 AM
In response to luckynewmom

• luckynewmom Said:

and Text Prints the Paper Stack 12x12. Now i would really like to have a set of cardstock and patterned paper but im not sure what are this papers and what does the stack means.sorry i think im being so dumb. Are this papers, the patterned paper everyone could use to make Layouts,cards and the likes of Accordion book or this is some kind of paper. There is no description on the online store and even if i made a research about this papers i still dont understand how they describe it. Pls. help. i want to order it if this are the papers i need.

The DCWV paper stacks are the patterned papers that you can use for L/O, cards, etc...

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I don't buy all the stacks, but I do buy ones that I'll use most of. I never pay full price for them, always wait for them to be on sale or use a coupon.

when they are on sale, i do buy the ones i like the most. even if i only use for a few layouts, the paper is great for other projects, classes and other projects. great quality and texture for the money (esp when on sale!)

my faves are:

Yackley
Veteran
Yackley
In response to Scrappy Nan

I love DCWV! I have the fall/2 christmas packs/the everyday pack/ and the cord. solid colors. I'm not one for picking single sheets up- only because i feel like i get more bang for my buck when i get a whole pack of paper!

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to MEGULA

Ooooo the Once Upon A Time stack is too pretty to use! I'm wondering what I can use that one for.

I've also picked up "The Pocket Full of Posies" stack. Very glittery yet hippie-ish.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to Ms Jackie

Do they have "pets papers" for guinea pigs and hamsters? I found some at Pat Catan's for cats and dogs, but nothing else. Even the bird and fish people can get sky and water pattern papers.

Edited by Lisa1968 on 01-29-08 01:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 01-30-08 05:41 AM
In response to MomWolf

I remember seeing other pet papers at my nice LSS a few weeks ago. I should be going back later this week. I can check the pets, and the brand of paper and let you know if they have hamsters and g.pigs.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to Tivi

Thanks! We rodent mommies feel discriminated against. Although none of mine are still alive, I'd still like to do something for the little furry ones.

Eliza364
Resident
Eliza364

i do buy them but only if I like more than half the patterns of paper thats how i determine if i should buy and if its 1/2 off at j's. I also make card sets for gifts and it helps to have some similar papers. I do love the Lux ury stack. Its great for wedding cards. k and co is another great stack with beautiful patterns.

Autmn
Autmn 
Diva
Autmn
  • Autmn on 02-10-08 10:30 PM
In response to Eliza364

i know i'm being an enabler here, but this week joann's has the "premium" stacks a 50% off. which includes the new Pets Stack, Travel Stack, and the Boy and Girl Nana's Nursery Stacks! and their ad for this week has a 40% AND 50% off Coupons !

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to Autmn

The Joanns near me is so small, they only have one little aisle for scrapbooking. Maybe I'll duck in there sometime and see if they have anything new (doubt it, though).

married05
Idol
married05
In response to MomWolf

My Joann's had some of the 12 x 12 stacks that were "damaged" for 2.99! I counted, and mine still had all 185 sheets it was supposed to have, just the cover of the stack was a little ripped. It might be a good way to go if you want to check out the stacks but don't want to spend all the money.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to MomWolf

• Lisa1968 Said:
The Joanns near me is so small, they only have one little aisle for scrapbooking. Maybe I'll duck in there sometime and see if they have anything new (doubt it, though).

Joann's online store is better than ANY brick & mortar JOann's that I've ever been too. And, they have different sales online, too, I think. I get all my dcwv from joann dot com... the store hardly ever has anything.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf

• Lisa1968 Said:

Joann's online store is better than ANY brick & mortar JOann's that I've ever been too. And, they have different sales online, too, I think. I get all my dcwv from joann dot com... the store hardly ever has anything.

Oh great! Just when I have a plan to pay down (and eventually, off) my credit cards you give me a reason to use them!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to MomWolf

I bought the entire Once Upon a Time collection! It was my first scrapbooking purchase. I absolutely love DCWV stacks! I buy them then have fun finding coordinating stuff.

Edited by WeeFaerie on 02-11-08 09:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to WeeFaerie

I have the Once Upon a Time, but I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas??

Page 1 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics