Page 2 of 632 
Username Post: *For Scraps Sake* COF/critique group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1446845)
vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-10-08 08:58 AM
In response to retrojulie

Julie,
Did you ever get to work? I can't stand that you guys are three hours ahead. I just can't keep up with the chat. I went back to real ancient history for my redos. Three pages of a college scrapbook that should be one. I will upload and e-mail to you today. Also I took some photos of my house interior that I will PM to you.

Have a great day everyone! Vel hope you feel better soon!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to vawm

Sorry girlies! I was working on a layout!! I'm happy with the way it turned out! I am going to set up an album after I take the boy to school. I saw there is a question about the blog. I will look into that when I get home, too! BBS!!!

Idol

You can add links anywhere on the sidebar...you don't have to put it under the 'about me' section.

Did you get it figured out? if not, I'll be more than happy to help!

Idol
In response to ...........

okay girls, I can't remember how to add a new album! help please!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-08 10:32 AM

Dee, go to your gallery and click on the tab called albums. In there (I think on the bottom left) will be a box that says manage albums. Once you're there it will list all your albums and give you a spot to add a new one. We're all making them private with a password. And we're all using the same password. If you need it, pm me or one of the others and we'll tell you what it is. Any problems, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-08 10:34 AM
In response to Vel

OK, ladies, I have another request for help. I have five pics of RJ playing on the swingset last March that I have no idea what to do with. I've put a pic in my FSS album (click on the link to my gallery in my signature and you can view it there). He's wearing an orange and blue outfit, with grass showing and his swingset in the photos. No idea what color cs to use, should I make a pocket for the additional photos, what embellies etc. I'm just at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

OK...I put a layout in a private gallery. Be easy on me...LOL

Vel, your pics didn't show up for me....let me check back.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-10-08 12:11 PM
In response to -Melissa-

Just got the album up. Empty now, but soon to be filled. I can't keep up with those of you on the East Coast.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to vawm

Headed out for the evening. Jason and I are going to see "PS I Love You". I have the box of tissues packed. We are going to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. YUMMY!!!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful night!!! Will check in late night

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Julie,
Did you ever get to work? I can't stand that you guys are three hours ahead. I just can't keep up with the chat. I went back to real ancient history for my redos. Three pages of a college scrapbook that should be one. I will upload and e-mail to you today. Also I took some photos of my house interior that I will PM to you.

Have a great day everyone! Vel hope you feel better soon!

Cool house pics! The pink bathroom is a hoot! All of your files came through very, very tiny. I think I can make them work though. If they look funky once we post them to the blog, I may have you resend them a tad larger.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
OK, ladies, I have another request for help. I have five pics of RJ playing on the swingset last March that I have no idea what to do with. I've put a pic in my FSS album (click on the link to my gallery in my signature and you can view it there). He's wearing an orange and blue outfit, with grass showing and his swingset in the photos. No idea what color cs to use, should I make a pocket for the additional photos, what embellies etc. I'm just at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Fantastic pics of RJ! If we ever did that 'scrap someone else's photo' challenge, I'd ask for these!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

Hi ladies! Welcome Richelle and Dee! Sorry I missed out on the action yesterday...but I have a good excuse...I was at the Dr. getting to hear the babies heartbeat for the first time!! It was so overwhelmingly exciting! I was so nervous about it and so was my dh. It was such a relief to hear that sound. My blood pressure was high, but I'm pretty sure that was due to my anxiety. I'm going to go post a lo in the For Scraps Sake album on my page. Have a great night everyone!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Kromkitty

Awwww... the babys heartbeat. I know I've already given you my well wishes, but Congratulations again!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-08 04:52 PM

How exciting, Jen!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Vel

Ok, I've added an older lo to my For Scraps Sake album to be critiqued. It used a lot of die cuts on it (something I don't normally do) and its pretty plain and boring. Critique away!

Idol
In response to Kromkitty

okay girlies....I am very excited about this group, but I had a very hectic day at work and got home late. Sooooo, I will get caught up here and upload my layout for you guys tomorrow. I hope that is okay!

Have great night!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Kromkitty

Ha! Go look at your Critique album. You didn't make it private (requiring a password). You've got random women in there saying, "cute" and "congratulations".

I'm not gonna put a critique next to "cute". They'll think I'm hateful.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

We're thrilled to have you as part of the group too, Dee. Talk with you tomorrow!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Good morning ladies!

Awh Jen...that is too cute!! I remember the first time I heard Nicholas' heartbeat! How exciting! When are you due?

Julie...how'd you know that I love lollipops? Actually it was pretty painless

Vel...feeling better?

Hey Dee...why aren't you on IM yet? It's after 8 am....LOL

Hi Richelle and Vic!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 05:14 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Morning ladies. Feeling better but staying home from work again. Sleep is elusive these days.

Hey, we seem to have a few members MIA. Where are you ladies? Busy? Will you be participating in the first challenge? Stop in when you get a sec.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Sorry to hear that you still are not feeling 100%. I have been having trouble sleeping a lot lately. It's to the point where I think I need to talk to a doctor. You'll see posts on here from me at 3 AM sometimes. That's usually when I wake up and can't fall back to sleep

How many layouts should we have in our critique album at this point?

I am going to buy some paper today to do the challenge. Hopefully can get it done this weekend! You are so quick!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 05:37 AM
In response to -Melissa-

However many you want, really. I just have the one to be critiqued for fun, plus the photo of the pics I couldn't figure out what to do with. Still looking for suggestions, btw. I like Julie's, but I'm open.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

I have one in there to be critiqued, too...wanna get a few more in there. Let me go and check out those pictures now

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

Left my comments on your pics!!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Good Morning all.

I've been busy at work on our blog. Vel, I have your faves added and also a few more first LO pics.

Check it out when you get a moment.

If anyone else wants to include some of their 'faves', PM me or email me the info and I'll get it added.

Idol

good morning chicas!

I got my album created, but nothing in it yet.

I plan on doing the challenge this weekend - is there a due date?

I'll have to go check out the blog a little later - today is my busy day at work.

SPeaking of, does anyone mind if I talk about the group on my blog? Could I post the link to the group blog on my links? LMK

Hope everyone has a fab Friday. I will be checking in a little later on.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Most definitely talk about the group on your blog. Neat idea. Perhaps I should also create links to our members' blogs if they have them.

I know you have a blog, I've recently started one, Mel has a blog. Who else has one? If you do, would you want them linked?

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Julie...you are doing an awesome job on the blog!!! I just added a link to "our blog" on my blog. I need to get a new post on my blog...it's been awhile. Feel free to link my blog

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-11-08 07:20 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Hey good morning everyone. I am off today. Hubby in Colorado for the stock show and western wear fashion week (kinda like NY for cowboys). I have to take my son to school, pick up the cat from the vet, etc, etc. I will check back later. Til then, have a great day.
Victoria
PS, I bet I have the oldest photos to redo!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

• retrojulie Said:
Ha! Go look at your Critique album. You didn't make it private (requiring a password). You've got random women in there saying, "cute" and "congratulations".

I'm not gonna put a critique next to "cute". They'll think I'm hateful.

Ok..I think I fixed the problem. The lo used to be at the end of my main album, so the comments that are on there are from that. I took it out of the main album and just put it in the FSS one.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Kromkitty

Ok...I left comments on Vel's lo and photos and Melissa's lo. Did anyone else post their lo yet that I may have missed? ( I already got Julie earlier.)

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to -Melissa-

I'm due July 26th so get ready for those ever so popular "belly los" soon...lol.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Kromkitty

Have you already started work on your baby album?

I just posted your first LO to our blog.

Can't wait for some of the "afters" to start rolling in.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Hi all. Good news! KittyMama (formerly HollyD) has agreed to join our little group.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 12:36 PM

Fab news, Julie. And btw, the blog is looking real good. Thanks for your work on it!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Thanks! Glad my employer has absolutely no idea how I keep myself busy during the day.

Every so often I'll push around paperwork, mumble, stamp something and dial the 1-800, pre-recorded number for my bank to look busy.

Ha Ha! I kid... I kid... no, not really, it's true. No, I'm kidding... really. Or am I?

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

Hi! I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and how excited and thrilled I am to be asked to join. I'll fill out the questionaire and make my album hopefully tonight. oh, and I have a blog too, kittymama.blogspot.com that i just started this week. I'm going to link this blog to mine, if that's ok. I know my local scrap friends will be interested to see what we're doing.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 01:54 PM
In response to HollyD

Welcome, Holly (right?). We're glad you joined us.

To those who helped me with the pics of RJ, I decided to go with the BG Color Me Silly (I had more of that than the SR Metropolis) and I just made a transparency filmstrip. Yep, drew it in my picture program, adjusted it to size and printed it out. Can't wait to get it on the page and show you. I saved it as a jpeg so if anyone's ever interested in printing a transparent filmstrip (hehe) let me know and I'll forward it to you. Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-11-08 02:07 PM
In response to Vel

Hey, sorry to be MIA. My computer with Adobe on it won't hook up to the wireless, so I can't post my newest LO. If I can't get on later this evening, I am planning to transfer via the jump drive and move to this computer. I love technology. I am one room away, both Dell's etc.
Bleh.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

me, me, me!!! I tried to get them earlier from that website. Just didn't happen.

[email protected]

Hi Holly! Welcome!!!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

Vel...if you ever want any SR Metropolis....let me know. I have tons!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 02:26 PM
In response to -Melissa-

Mel, filmstrip is on its way!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

thanks! Can't wait to use it!!! I just bought my transparencies the other day for my "Spidey Sense" layout. I made that one. How do you get those from that website that you shared earlier? I couldn't do it

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-11-08 02:33 PM
In response to -Melissa-

Hey everyone got out the jump drive. My first LO for critique is in my album. Wild About You
I scraplifted this from PEIgirl. I would love some serious feedback.
Thx

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 02:34 PM
In response to -Melissa-

• brewerygirlmel Said:
thanks! Can't wait to use it!!! I just bought my transparencies the other day for my "Spidey Sense" layout. I made that one. How do you get those from that website that you shared earlier? I couldn't do it

Hmmm, I'm going to have to look through my links. It appears they've changed their Web site and I can't find them either. I'm almost positive I have quite a few of the transparency PDFs saved to my hard drive, so at the very least I can forward them to you. Let me do a bit more snooping first and I'll let you know.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
  • brewerygirlmel Said:

Hmmm, I'm going to have to look through my links. It appears they've changed their Web site and I can't find them either. I'm almost positive I have quite a few of the transparency PDFs saved to my hard drive, so at the very least I can forward them to you. Let me do a bit more snooping first and I'll let you know.

sounds good!!! I'm trying to scan my first layout pics now to go develop!!! Got the paper today. Might be able to crank this baby out tonight.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 02:45 PM
In response to Vel

Found the correct link for the transparency downloads. Here it is: transparencies

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

what do I do, though? When I click on them, my page just goes blank...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 02:56 PM
In response to -Melissa-

That's weird. When I click on them they open right up as an Adobe PDF file. Do you have Adobe installed? I wonder if you need to install it before they'll show up. Did the ones I just sent you work?

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

ooh la la....got your email! Thank you so much!!!!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
That's weird. When I click on them they open right up as an Adobe PDF file. Do you have Adobe installed? I wonder if you need to install it before they'll show up. Did the ones I just sent you work?

the ones you sent me worked!! Thank you, thank you!!! Wonder what is going on. I wish I was computer smart. LOL

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

Off to get my pictures to do the first layout!! Anyone else scrapping tonight?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-11-08 04:09 PM
In response to -Melissa-

Me, me, me! I am doing some LO for swaps and I am doing a Rusty Pickle Chef challenge. Don't know if I'll get it all done, but I will get a start.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to vawm

I just got my pictures at the drugstore. Only one from my first layout scanned nicely Oh well, it is a redo.....guess I am redoing it with only one pic.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

Have fun scrappin' Victoria!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to -Melissa-

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called?
Holly

2. Where are you from?
Grew up in Des Moines, IA. Moved to Austin, TX right after college.

3. Family?
Romeo, my handsome Romanian hubby (and yes, that's his real name!). Four cats: Martin and Oscar (3 year old males) and Sara and Anya (10 month old females)

4. Occupation?
Software Engineer

5. Age?

6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping?
I try to scrap at least two or three. If I go to crop, between 6 and 12 hours

7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do?
12x12 or 8x8

8. How would you describe your scrapping style?
I really don't know what to call it. Anybody got a scrappin' style dictionary?

9. How long have you been scrapping?
I started seriously scrapping about 2 years ago

10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo?
I love flowers, buttons, and rub-ons.

11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line?
Prima!! LOVE flowers. For paper, I have a lot of Chatterbox , Scenic Route , and Basic Grey . And Bazzill , of course

12. Is there a technique you’d love to learn or have tried and gave up on?
The collage look is so cool, and I've taken classes where we've done the style, but I just can't seem to do it by myself. I'm also not very good at combining patterned paper s from multiple manufacturers.

13. Is there someone on sb.com or elsewhere whose style you love or whose LOs inspire you?
Stampo, Gnomes, Ginger Williams, Tri Mommy

14. What do you hope to gain from being in the For Scraps Sake group?
To try new things, make new friends, have fun, and challenge myself.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 06:18 PM
In response to HollyD

Hehehe, Holly, guess what? My bf, Curtis's, son is named Romeo. RJ stands for Romeo Joseph...he's named after Curtis' father, who is French Canadian. Curtis calls him Romeo (or Ro) and I call him RJ.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Anyone around? I just finished my redo....can't wait for someone to see

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 07:07 PM
In response to -Melissa-

I'm here. Is it in your FSS gallery? I'll check it out.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
I'm here. Is it in your FSS gallery? I'll check it out.

sure is

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

thanks for the love Vel!! Did you get your layout done that you were working on? Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 07:27 PM
In response to -Melissa-

Yep, it's done except for three orange snaps I want to put on but can't because the boys are asleep.

It'll be in my gallery as soon as they leave for hockey tomorrow (by 9 a.m.). I appreciate the help with it. I'm really lovin' how it turned out.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to -Melissa-

So, I've got my first layout in my gallery, and one for critiquing. Julie, can you just take the first layout from my gallery, or do I need to do something else with it? You should be able to click on it and do a save-as, I think.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Awesome! Just let me know if you ever want some SR Metropolis. I will probably not use it again. I kinda wore out its welcome

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to HollyD

Oh, and I had a suggestion . . . could you maybe edit the very first post, and put links to each member's gallery there? I'm having trouble keeping track of all the people, it'd be easy to go page one and fine the name/gallery I need in one spot. Don't want to rock the boat though, since I'm the newbie.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 07:41 PM
In response to HollyD

Melissa, I may just take you up on that. I love the Metropolis and only have two pieces left.

Holly, I'd be happy to do that...it's a good idea. I'll work on it tomorrow.

'Night all.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
Melissa, I may just take you up on that. I love the Metropolis and only have two pieces left. :)
  • Quote:

Nitey nite! Let me know and I will send. I have A LOT!!! Would love for it to go to a good home.

Edited by brewerygirlmel on 01-11-08 07:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

Hey everyone! finally getting a chance to stop in and say hi! I'm gonna catch up in the am!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
Welcome, Holly (right?). We're glad you joined us.

To those who helped me with the pics of RJ, I decided to go with the BG Color Me Silly (I had more of that than the SR Metropolis) and I just made a transparency filmstrip. Yep, drew it in my picture program, adjusted it to size and printed it out. Can't wait to get it on the page and show you. I saved it as a jpeg so if anyone's ever interested in printing a transparent filmstrip (hehe) let me know and I'll forward it to you. Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

So, am I understanding that you were able to create one of those film strips with your transparencies? Definitely send me the file, I used that one on Tyler's 9th birthday and kind of wished I had another in my stash.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-11-08 08:02 PM

Julie, I'll forward you the e-mail I sent Mel with it. I measured the openings so you would know before hand.

Holly, just saw your comments on my pics I needed help with. Since I've already put the page together, and I really liked your suggestion, I bookmarked the pagemap to use again. It seems I take way, way, way too many pics and then can't decide which ones I like best so I have about 6 or 7 screaming "use me!"

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to HollyD

• KittyMama Said:
Oh, and I had a suggestion . . . could you maybe edit the very first post, and put links to each member's gallery there? I'm having trouble keeping track of all the people, it'd be easy to go page one and fine the name/gallery I need in one spot. Don't want to rock the boat though, since I'm the newbie.

Rock the boat! We need input from everyone. I don't know if you've read back through the entire thread, but we're all in this together. If you have ideas for anything (including challenges, swap ideas, blog stuff, etc) speak up.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-11-08 08:24 PM

I like the idea of linking things from page one and also listing challenges there. I am afraid that sometimes I don't read as carefully as I should and I forget where things are. This may be because I am the "old" member!
I almost got the RP layout done. Just need title and journaling. Hopefully will finish tomorrow. Then I can post. I love the new Rusty Pickle Lucky line. It is green and blue and very Irish.
Nice.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to vawm

ooh, Victoria...I just googled that line! It is awesome!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-12-08 04:39 AM
In response to -Melissa-

'Morning ladies! I just got that lo done and uploaded, if you want to take a look. You can see what the filmstrip looks like in action.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Morning!

DH and I are about ready to leave and go yard sale-ing. After that, I'm taking a 1/2 hour road trip & going to the best ever scrappy store. I'm after some sort of valentine paper (acrylic album for my mom) and baby paper (baby pics of my nephew I'm wanting to work on).

Then I'll be holed up in my scrap area til the wee hours of the morning. I'll check in a little later.

Vel, off to check out your new LO. I *should* have my re-do up on the blog later today at some point. I just have to finish the title & it'll be done.

Have a great day all!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Good morning all!! Just woke up....smelling my coffee brewing (it better hurry up!)

Vel, your layout is awesome!!! Turned out perfectly!

Julie, have fun yard-saling and scrappy shopping!

I have to work tonight....phuey. Would love to just scrap, scrap, scrap!

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a wonderful start.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-12-08 08:52 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Good morning from the West Coast. I have to go do my grocery shopping. Then I will be back here where I really should clean the house.
But... who knows!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to vawm

So, I just went and spent $35 on scrappy stuff that I didn't really have to spend. Oh well....the lights are still on and I have heat. LOL.

I thought of a challenge for us to do, let me know what y'all think. I think it would be really cool to go around our town and take pics of landmarks and scrap them. Since we all live in different parts of the country (well, almost) it would be neat to see where we're all from. Even though, I'm sure that Jen's and mine would be about the same (still can't believe we live in the same town).

Let me know...if you don't like the idea, that's okay, too. Obviously, this wouldn't be until after our first challenge is done.

Gonna try to scrap some now before work using my new goodies!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-12-08 02:41 PM
In response to -Melissa-

Getting new stuff is so much fun, isn't it?

I think that's a great idea for a challenge. My first thought was, uh oh, I haven't started a BOM yet, but I think something like this could easily go into RJ's book. Later on in life it might be cool for him to see what it looked like here as he was growing up. I've got some ideas in mind already. Maybe we could start the challenge the Monday after this one is done.

And thanks for sending that stuff. You rock!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-12-08 02:59 PM
In response to Vel

FYI, I edited the first post to add links to everyone's galleries. We have 12 in the group, right? Just wanted to make sure I didn't omit anyone. That would suck.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Just checking in. I spent waaayyy too much at my scappy stores today. Like, waaaayyy too much. Like, what the heck was I thinking kind of spending. I have tons of great stuff, but I'm feeling a little guilty. ~waving hand~ Ok... that's enough of that!

Melissa, I love the idea of your challenge. My wheels are already turning! We have UF, of course, Devils Millhopper, Tom Petty is from here, as is Sister Hazel. Great challenge idea!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Finished my re-do. It's in my gallery and on the blog. Take a peek when you have a moment.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

I know how you feel, Julie. I went to the art store, Archivers, Joanns, Michael's, AND Hobby Lobby today. Though somehow, I managed to spend less than $100 altogether!! Of course, gift cards helped.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to HollyD

I went to Hobby Lobby also! They had their XMas stuff 90% off! Picked up a lot of stuff there. Then, of course, this morning I get their email specials for next week - and now I have the urge to go back. Open stock paper is 5/$1.00 and ours really has a nice selection.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

I am glad you guys like the idea for the challenge! I thought it would be really neat!!

I so wish that we had a Hobby Lobby! I always hear about the wonderful deals that everyone gets there So jealous........The closest one to me is in Ohio. And, that's not even close. LOL

Be back in a bit to check galleries! Hope you guys got some scrappin' done while I was at work.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

Welcome Holly! No, Julie I didn't start the baby album just yet. We took the first "belly" pictures last night...so It's only a matter of time :-)

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Kromkitty

Just wanted to give you girls a head's up. I just got a message from Dee. She is in the hospital. She went to the ER on Friday night. At this point, she is just waiting for test results to see what is going on.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Goodness! Tell her we're thinking of her.

In other news, my local partner in scrapbook crime has just joined sb.com . Would you all mind leaving her some 'welcome to the joint' kind of love when you have the time.

Her name is Paula and here's her page: SureWhyNot

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Off to take some pictures of my town....maybe I'll paint it red while I'm at it. LOL

Gonna go leave my welcome to the 'hood on Paula's page.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-13-08 10:12 AM
In response to -Melissa-

If you talk to Dee please tell her she's in my thoughts.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Vel

Do you know why Dee had to go? If they kept her overnight, must be serious.

My Hobby Lobby's selection of open-stock paper hasn't changed in two years. Very sad.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to HollyD

Oh, so FYI . . . for those who looked at my Donna Downey layout . . . This is the ******** drill:
http://store.scrapbook.com/f-08516.html

If you use your imagination, it does look a bit like a man's package. And the explanation she gave on how to use it . . . Let's just say it was a lot of fun, and good thing the class was adult females only!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-13-08 11:43 AM
In response to HollyD

ROFL, Holly that's hysterical! I figured it must be something like that.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-13-08 12:20 PM
In response to -Melissa-

• brewerygirlmel Said:
Just wanted to give you girls a head's up. I just got a message from Dee. She is in the hospital. She went to the ER on Friday night. At this point, she is just waiting for test results to see what is going on.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

If you talk with her give her my love. Hope all is okay.

-PaperJunkie-
Mayor
-PaperJunkie-
In response to vawm

Hey girls...just popping to say hi! Sorry to be running so far behind. Ok i'm off to go catch up on all your posts. Peek back later.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -PaperJunkie-

Melissa, heard any update from Dee yet?

Holly, OK, I've seen the "tool" ~giggle~, so I'm off to your gallery to see the LO.

Debbie, howdy! Was hoping you'd show up soon.

I just sat down to start working on my acrylic album. It's kind of scary. I've never done one before, so this should be interesting.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

I'm just catching up (spent all day shopping!) any new info on Dee? I hope she's ok.

I'm off to finally get to work on my re-do.

Have a great night everyone!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Kromkitty

PS...Melissa, I think your challenge idea is great. I think it will especially be interesting to see how different or similar ours are since we are from the same town. Great idea!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

• retrojulie Said:
Melissa, heard any update from Dee yet?

Holly, OK, I've seen the "tool" ~giggle~, so I'm off to your gallery to see the LO.

Debbie, howdy! Was hoping you'd show up soon.

I just sat down to start working on my acrylic album. It's kind of scary. I've never done one before, so this should be interesting.

no updates from Dee yet....I will give her a call in the morning.

Acrylic album...yummy!! I want to do one so bad! Where did you get the album?

Gettin' ready to sit down and scrap...so excited! Hope to get a layout posted within an hour or two

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

Ok, girlies....here's what I know so far about Dee:
She had a "seizure-like" episode on Friday. She couldn't talk and her face went numb. Only lasted about a minute, but alarmed her and hubby enough to go to the ER.

Well, they found a *mass* on her brain....they don't know at this point if it is an infection or a tumor. They are pumping her with steroids to try to reduce the swelling on the brain. When I talked to her earlier today, she had to go, they were ready to take her for and MRI. I will call her in the morning to say hi.

She is in good spirits. She has family and friends that are in and out of the hospital with her. Her best friend was there when I called. Her husband had just left to go home for a few hours.

So, that's the scoop...please keep her in your prayers. I will let her know that everyone sends their love and is concerned.

Page 2 of 632 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics