Page 3 of 632 
Username Post: *For Scraps Sake* COF/critique group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1446845)
-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Kromkitty

• Kromkitty Said:
PS...Melissa, I think your challenge idea is great. I think it will especially be interesting to see how different or similar ours are since we are from the same town. Great idea!

It will be very interesting to see our layouts and how they differ. I am glad you guys like the idea

I think my biggest challenge will be doing a 2-page layout! I'm not used to doing them anymore. *Doesn't have to be 2-pages*

**please go to last post on page 9 for latest on Dee**

Edited by brewerygirlmel on 01-13-08 03:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
Welcome, Holly (right?). We're glad you joined us.

To those who helped me with the pics of RJ, I decided to go with the BG Color Me Silly (I had more of that than the SR Metropolis) and I just made a transparency filmstrip. Yep, drew it in my picture program, adjusted it to size and printed it out. Can't wait to get it on the page and show you. I saved it as a jpeg so if anyone's ever interested in printing a transparent filmstrip (hehe) let me know and I'll forward it to you. Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

Me please!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to -Melissa-

I hope Dee is doing better. Send her my thoughts.

question on the first challenge: Does it have to be our first lo, I just redid mine about a month ago.

Also, the second one is cool, but hard, I don't drive!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to -Melissa-

Need Help

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-13-08 04:01 PM
In response to Eat Sleep Scrap

Melissa (Eat Sleep Scrap), pm me your e-mail address and I'll send you the film strip jpeg.

And holy cow about Dee! I hope everything turns out ok. Keep us updated.

Edited by Vel on 01-13-08 04:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

• Eat Sleep Scrap Said:

this just took me to a screen that said "no access"....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-13-08 04:16 PM
In response to -Melissa-

Go to the main page of her gallery instead and go to albums, the one called for certain eyes only, or something like that, and put in the password. That's how I got to it. You can't link directly to LOs that are password protected.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

thanks! got it

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

One layout done! I just might be on a roll tonight!!!!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

• Eat Sleep Scrap Said:
I hope Dee is doing better. Send her my thoughts.

question on the first challenge: Does it have to be our first lo, I just redid mine about a month ago.

Also, the second one is cool, but hard, I don't drive!

I'd say since you recently re-did yours, pick another earlier LO - one that had a sticker sneeze and/or decorative scissor pics. Something fun that we can see the 'then and now'... and so we can laugh & point.

As for the next challenge, maybe google images of your town & landmarks. You'd be amazed what'll kick out. Another thought... I seem to remember a pic from a photo hunt (I think it was the pic you used for best parking spot). I think that could be an interesting take on the challenge. Your town, as seen from your chair in the yard. It may also result in some fantastic pics (with some creative cropping).

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to retrojulie

2 layouts done...going for a 3rd!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-13-08 07:57 PM
In response to -Melissa-

I can hardly keep up with you guys! Crazy about Dee. I hope she is doing well. I am going to try to get caught up tomorrow. Sorry for being a flake. I just croped those 1982 photos. Now on to redo the LO.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to vawm

Ok, 3 layouts done. After 11....bedtime!

I will tell Dee that you are all thinking of her tomorrow when I call her. Hopefully I will have an update.

G'nite all...sweet dreams

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

Morning all....bumping us to the first page of the forum.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Morning.

Mondays are always hectic around here, so I'll be in and out.

Have a great one and I'll check in definitely tonight... maybe on lunch.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

When's the deadline? I'm hoping I can get mine done in time, but I'm still working on re-assembling my scrapbook room. We adopted two new kittens this summer. After the quarantine period was over, we discovered they had ringworm (contagious skin fungus). It spread to our adult cats too. We had to quarantine everybody and clean every square inch of the house, with bleach where possible. So in the chaos, we cleaned all non-essentials and packed up everything in rubbermaid containers. Everything except what was in my crop bag. So I just started unpacking my scrapbook stuff two weeks ago, and my room's still a mess.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to HollyD

Deadline for the first LO challenge? That's the 23rd.

Poor kitties! There's a quarantine period when you bring new pets in to your house? We've never done that. That could explain so much...

Perhaps we should have done that prior to bringing in our third kitty. One of the older ones, we think, has a jealousy/behavioral problem going on because she's not the "baby" any more. Since the new addition, she's taken to pulling her fur out. She'll actually scratch herself bloody. The vet can't figure out any allergies, so they're thinking it's behavioral.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-14-08 08:27 AM

Just taking two seconds to say hi. Back at work...100 e-mails, 4 voicemails and a stack of stuff on my desk. Ugh...being sick really stinks!

I'll try to stop in tonight. How's Dee doing?

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

I just tried to call Dee...as soon as she answered the phone, her doctor came in. I will be giving her a call back in about an hour or so.

Do we know if everyone is still a part of our group? Just haven't heard anything from a couple of the girls. I know some of us chat a lot more, but didn't know if anyone backed out....

Shana Reyes 22
Idol
Shana Reyes 22
In response to -Melissa-

Scrap Happens Critic Group is having their FIRST challenge on "Ugly Paper". Please come cast your votes! TFL!! Have a Blessed Week Ladies! Poll

Edited by andysgirl on 01-14-08 09:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

• brewerygirlmel Said:
I just tried to call Dee...as soon as she answered the phone, her doctor came in. I will be giving her a call back in about an hour or so.

Do we know if everyone is still a part of our group? Just haven't heard anything from a couple of the girls. I know some of us chat a lot more, but didn't know if anyone backed out....

We've noticed there are a few that haven't checked in. Not really sure what happened there. No one has actually contacted us saying they were otherwise committed - everyone was enthusiastic.

If any of you know of other possible members, invite them in. We definitely have a strong core group going, but a few more would be more than welcome.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle

Morning ladies!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

How was everyones weekend??

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

I am! I am!! (waving hand!!)

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

well here are my first wedding layouts.
I feel like I am really struggling with these.
I want to keep them simple so the focas remains on the pics but I feel they may be too plain.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-14-08 09:35 AM
In response to Richelle

Richelle, they're absolutely beautiful. It's nice you're keeping the focus on those amazing photos. Keep up what you're doing.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Shana Reyes 22

So do we just go to peoples galleries and critique? or do they have to be posted here?

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
Richelle, they're absolutely beautiful. It's nice you're keeping the focus on those amazing photos. Keep up what you're doing.

Thanks! I just got a Lux ury stack and I really like the swirls on the paper. It's kind of difficult to work with though.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-14-08 09:46 AM
In response to Richelle

• Richelle Said:
So do we just go to peoples galleries and critique? or do they have to be posted here?

If we have something to be critiqued (or need help with) we'll post here...something to the effect of "Just posted a lo in my For Scraps Sake gallery to be critiqued." Then you'd just head to their gallery, enter the password (you have it, right?) and critique away. I have one in my FSS gallery, I know Julie does and a couple others too. The pics I needed help with I've already done the lo for. Any of this making sense? I'm on cough medicine that may (or may not) be affecting my ability to form coherent sentences.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Richelle

• Richelle Said:
well here are my first wedding layouts.
I feel like I am really struggling with these.
I want to keep them simple so the focas remains on the pics but I feel they may be too plain.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love how you just jumped right in and started scrapping them!!! Many sit on them for so long before they do their wedding album. You are doing them just the way I would...keeping the focus on the beautiful pics!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

Here's the update on Dee...it is looking like it is NOT a brain tumor. The mass is very smooth and completely round which tumors typically are bumpy and have veins in them. They think that it is a brain infection caused from a rare disease that she inherited from her grandmother. This disease causes the vessels/veins in the lungs to be over-sized and not able to filter out infection the way they normally would. This is in return, how the infection ended up in her brain. She still has quite a bit of swelling on the brain, which they are treating with steroids. They are going to probably drill into her head tomorrow to drain the fluid. Thankfully, this disease is completely treatable.

I told her that everyone is asking about her and sending their thoughts and prayers her way. She was very appreciative.

I know I feel like a humongous weight was lifted off of me after talking to her just now. Thank you for all your prayers and concern. She will probably be in the hospital at least until the end of the week.

Edited by brewerygirlmel on 01-14-08 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-14-08 10:43 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Wow, that's scary stuff. I'm so glad she's going to be OK. Thanks for keeping us updated and please let her know she's still in our thoughts.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Vel

They're going to drill into her head? Seriously? I thought that was like 1800's stuff! I'd be so freaked out, I hope that she does well and can stay calm.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to HollyD

Wow...I'm glad to hear that it's probably not a tumor.

I wanted to take a look at everyone's new los they've posted, but of course the site is down at the one time of day that I actually have time to get on....grr. Oh well. I finished my re-do, but have to wait until it's nice and sunny outside so I can post it since I don't have a handy dandy scanner and have to take a photo of it. Hope everyone has a great night! Talk to you all tomorrow evening!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-15-08 04:43 AM
In response to Kromkitty

Good morning ladies! Weird not having the gallery available, isn't it? It's amazing how often I turn to it when I'm bored or just not feeling very scrappy.

Hope everyone's having a good week!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Good morning!!! Boy, do I miss the gallery! Weird not being able to look through pages and pages while I am on here. Hope it's up soon.

Anyone excited for American Idol to start tonight?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Hey all. Working again today. Geesh! Don't they realize I have surfin' to do.

That gallery better be amazing when they're done doing whatever it is that they're doing. They're certainly taking their sweet time with it, huh?!

I haven't been excited to see American Idol since they booted Frenchie before the season even started. Besides, Randy drives me insane. Dawg! ~tapping fist to chest~

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-15-08 02:28 PM

Mel, here's the lo I did after I got your package: No Paparazzi

Thanks again!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Vel

Richelle, your wedding los are beautiful! I really like your color scheme.

I almost forgot about American Idol...I'm not obsessed w/it or anything, but I like to watch it if it's on. I especially like the beginning w/all of the people that don't know how badly they stink.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

• Eat Sleep Scrap Said:

Yay...the gallery is back up! I left you some feedback :-) Love the lo...especially those papers!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
Mel, here's the lo I did after I got your package: No Paparazzi

Thanks again!

Awesome layout!!! Love everything about it!!! Are those letters the fuzzy ones?

Just got home from running all my errands. Got some rockin' new Valentine's paper. Might do another layout about my honey tonight. Seems my inspiration happens at 5 in the morning. LOL

The LSS near my house (Times to Remember, Jeni) offers $25 free money for ever $250 you spend. I got that today!! Woohoo!!! So, guess what? Yeah, you are right...I used it I am obsessed!!

How are the redo's coming along for everyone else?

Oh, I talked to Dee this afternoon. They are just waiting on test results to come back so they can begin treating the infection. The swelling is going down due to them giving her steroids, so they may not need to drain. She will probably be in through Sunday. I will call again tomorrow

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to -Melissa-

Hey Mel, have you ever participated in Times to Remember's kit of the month contest? I just picked up January's kit. Apparently the winner gets a $15 gift card and the past two months there have only been 2 participants (I love those kind of odds...lol.)

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Kromkitty

• Kromkitty Said:
Hey Mel, have you ever participated in Times to Remember's kit of the month contest? I just picked up January's kit. Apparently the winner gets a $15 gift card and the past two months there have only been 2 participants (I love those kind of odds...lol.)

ROFLMAO....you are too funny!!!

I got the kit this month, too....some of the stuff in there, though, is out there. There is a letter "K" in mine. What in the you know where am I going to do with a letter "K"? I was thinking of cutting it and making photo corners. I just love that store. Sometimes I am there twice a week.

I can't believe they didn't get the SR Loveland collection there yet. I just ordered it from this website. I hate paying shipping, but I really want that paper.

How's your redo coming along?

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to -Melissa-

Oh dear....a "K"...that's terrible! Lol..I thought they were all exactly the same, but I have an S and a P. I finished my re-do, just waiting for a nice bright day so I can take a photo of it and upload it (I don't have a scanner.)

I really do love that store as well. I always seem to have my mom w/me when I go and she stands right behind me and complains the whole time that a hardware store would be more exciting (she's obviously not a scrapper.) I like when I can go alone and spend an hour there if I want to...lol.

Edited by Kromkitty on 01-15-08 04:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Kromkitty

• Kromkitty Said:
Oh dear....a "K"...that's terrible! Lol..I thought they were all exactly the same, but I have an S and a P. I finished my re-do, just waiting for a nice bright day so I can take a photo of it and upload it (I don't have a scanner.)

I really do love that store as well. I always seem to have my mom w/me when I go and she stands right behind me and complains the whole time that a hardware store would be more exciting (she's obviously not a scrapper.) I like when I can go alone and spend an hour there if I want to...lol.

My Mom would probably have a coronary if she knew what I spent on scrapping. But, it's okay that she spends tons on QVC. LOL

Do you ever crop anywhere?

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to -Melissa-

I've never cropped anywhere before. For some reason it intimidates me to be around other scrappers when I'm working...lol.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Kromkitty

What do you do with a K? Your avatar is kissing!! K is for Kiss

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to HollyD

• KittyMama Said:
What do you do with a K? Your avatar is kissing!! K is for Kiss

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You rock!!!!

I am so glad I joined this group!!!!!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Kromkitty

• Kromkitty Said:
I've never cropped anywhere before. For some reason it intimidates me to be around other scrappers when I'm working...lol.

I did once...it was a disaster. I didn't have anything I needed. Forgot my adhesive, my scissors, wasn't inspired by the pics that I took. It wasn't a pleasant experience. I would love to be able to, it seems like fun. Guess I am just meant to be at home....who knows?!?!?!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to -Melissa-

I'm glad I'm not the only one then! Maybe I'll give it a try sometime, but for now I'm alright w/doing it at my house, then running to the store for all the stuff I need.

Time to watch American Idol, then hit the bed. Have a great night everyone!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-15-08 07:12 PM
In response to Kromkitty

Hey Jen, check the spelling in your siggy....hehehe.

And Mel, cut the K between the long left side and the sideways v of it (so now it looks like an l and a sideways v) and make an arrow out of it.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:

And Mel, cut the K between the long left side and the sideways v of it (so now it looks like an l and a sideways v) and make an arrow out of it.

You guys are just too creative!!!!

Just uploaded another lovey-dovey layout!! Anyone else do some scrappin' tonight?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-15-08 09:05 PM
In response to -Melissa-

I am so far behind! I haven't had time this week to do anything. We are having a board meeting at work. No on-line time there! I don't know if I will get my redo done by the deadline. I have the paper, photos, etc. on my table here, but tomorrow I have a 35th Anniversary dinner for my work place to go to. No rest this week. The cool things is I work for an agency that serves American Indians and Alaska Natives, so we probably will have dancers and drummers. Very cool. And no it is not okay for me to take photos. You have to be very careful and ask people when they are in their regalia. So, I usually don't take pictures.
Hope I'll be able to get back in the swing of things with you all soon!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

• brewerygirlmel Said:
  • Kromkitty Said:

ROFLMAO....you are too funny!!!

I got the kit this month, too....some of the stuff in there, though, is out there. There is a letter "K" in mine. What in the you know where am I going to do with a letter "K"? I was thinking of cutting it and making photo corners. I just love that store. Sometimes I am there twice a week.

I can't believe they didn't get the SR Loveland collection there yet. I just ordered it from this website. I hate paying shipping, but I really want that paper.

How's your redo coming along?

I know just what I'd do with a letter K. We have this thing... someone is either "crazy with a K" or "classy with a K". "Classy with a K" is like when we see a Peg Bundy look-a-like in Walmart. "Crazy with a K" is some lunatic... like the lady we saw clapping for her husband (like a dog) and yelling his name at a Chinese buffet to find him.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

• brewerygirlmel Said:
  • Kromkitty Said:

I did once...it was a disaster. I didn't have anything I needed. Forgot my adhesive, my scissors, wasn't inspired by the pics that I took. It wasn't a pleasant experience. I would love to be able to, it seems like fun. Guess I am just meant to be at home....who knows?!?!?!

I'm the same way... I like to have all of my stuff with me, listen to my music, wear my sweatpants and no bra. I like to be in the "zone" when I scrap. I don't enjoy group crops.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Good morning all,

I'm kind of in the same boat as Victoria. Work has been nuts the past couple of days. I usually try to do some scrapping at night for a few hours, but I haven't felt like it. By the time I get home, all I want to do is crash on the couch.

I'm keeping up with the thread, I'll hit everyones galleries this weekend. Is the blog up to date? I mean, have I missed anyone's re-do's?

Victoria, if you get yours done a little late, that's fine. I think there are a few others (who joined our group a little later) that may also need some additional time. Don't fret over it. It was our first challenge.... and it was for fun anyways.

Ugh! Have to leave for work. Will try to check in later today.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle

Morning ladies!!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

Julie you took the words out of my mouth!
We are working 10 hour days. I got home last night and tried to scrap, took everything out and just sat there and watched TV!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-16-08 05:36 AM
In response to Richelle

Good morning ladies! Didn't get any scrapping done last night. Curtis and I are making our way through the last season of 24 so we'll be caught up when the new season finally starts. Anybody watch that show? Curtis' voice sounds exactly like Jack Bauer's...it's pretty funny.

I'll check back in later. Happy Wednesday!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Richelle

Mornin' girlies! I'll be back after I have my coffee...LOL

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-16-08 06:42 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Good morning everyone! In my office for a bit before going to my meeting. Hope you are all great.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:

Oh how embarrassing...lol. I will have to go fix that. I once again didn't get around to taking a photo of my lo. The sun was even shining brightly today, but by the time I remembered that I needed to do that, it was down again...maybe tomorrow!

I had my first ultrasound today. It was very exciting. My mouth hurt by the end of it from smiling so much. Technology is so amazing! It was arching it's little back and kicking its legs and flipping from side to side. So awesome to see! Now I have to wait for 7 more weeks til we find out if it's a he or a she....I can't wait!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-16-08 04:58 PM
In response to Kromkitty

How fun for you! I wonder how soon after you find out if it's a girl or a boy you will go out and buy pink/blue paper and embellies.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
How fun for you! I wonder how soon after you find out if it's a girl or a boy you will go out and buy pink/blue paper and embellies.

Depending on what time the appt is maybe that same day...hehe

Idol
In response to Kromkitty

good evening girls.. I just wanted to check in for a minute. I'm still in the hospital just waiting on test results. I'm feeling okay...not in pain or anything. I'm just ready to get this figured out so we can move forward. I miss my scrappin room! lol If I get time, I'm going to go check out everyone's LO's they have been doing and get inspired. I've flipped thru the august/sept scrapbooks etc like 14 times since it was the only one web could find at home..

thanks for hanging in with me...it means a lot. I'll try to check in tomorrow again!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to ...........

Well, hi Dee!

We've all been thinking about you. Vel was home sick a few days this past week and she managed to pull herself into her scrap room. You are laid up in a hospital and you're plotting you next LO! Ha! I find it funny how our craft is this giant, bright ball of hope.

Just know that you're missed & we're all thinking of you.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-16-08 09:36 PM

Dee, I echo everything Julie said. Thinking of you. If you tell us you had a camera brought in and your taking photos of dr mcdreamy.... hmmmmm! Anyway, really hope you're able to be back at your scraproom soon.
We are busy this week. Anyone else having a hard time of getting back into things now that everything is working. One or two days off the site and I am off my stride.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to vawm

Good Morning all.

Anything exciting happening? I'm still working on my acrylic album. I find it very difficult. I'm a major perfectionist, and it looks "untidy" for lack of a better word. Being able to see through to the next layer really throws me off. Plus, to plan ahead as to what you want to see on that next layer goes against everything I do.

All of my LO's are happy accidents. I never go into them with an idea. I just start cutting paper and laying it out.

Do any of you work from pre-determined ideas or from sketches? Just curious how we all create our LO's.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

Happy accidents!! Me too. I start out with a rough sketch and a pile of paper I like, and out pops a layout.

Dee, I'm glad you're feeling better. It's nice to see you on here! Good luck and I hope you get to go home soon.

Idol

I try to use my own ideas but usually end up looking at at some sketches for inspiration. Sometimes they look just like the sketch and sometimes I get off on my own tangent!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-17-08 08:41 AM
In response to ...........

I usually try to use my own ideas. I am an excellent scraplifter although it takes me a long time because I try to figure out exactly what the person did! LOL! That's my perfectionism.

Have you all see the color challenge this month?
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14459...
You should play along with KerriAnn. There are 94 LO so far. Hoping to hit 100. The challenge is to do a LO with 75% white space.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to vawm

That is a cool challenge. I saw something similar in one of the magazines I picked up recently. It truly was a beautiful LO. I *may* give it a go. Toss that darned acrylic album aside for the weekend.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-17-08 11:36 AM

Cool! I love Barbi or is that Midge? I told my DH when you first commented on my Disney photo that I felt that you were my lost soul sister. It is so funny that we are into some of the same things! It cracks me up!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-17-08 11:48 AM
In response to vawm

Just checking in real quick. I'm having one of those everyone-on-the-planet-is -annoying-me-so-i'm-in-my -own-little-world days. I have this neighbor at work who apparently was raised by parents who praised everything she did, thus she seriously thinks she's perfect. And even though she's been here a year, she still doesn't quite get her job and we have to print a correction every single week (no kidding) about something she's done wrong. She actually unplugged my computer once and I lost an entire story I was writing (after I'd asked her twice to stopped messing with my electrical outlet). Yesterday she decided she would work at her desk (which is directly in front of mine) standing up instead of sitting in her chair. She's not a small woman, which normally I wouldn't care about, but she wears mini skirts and low-cut shirts and bends over at the waist. Yesterday I got to see her too-tight pants for 2 1/2 hours. This would be why I like working from home. Ugh. I'm just having one of those days. Thanks for letting me vent! It won't happen often, I promise.

Edited by Vel on 01-17-08 11:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-17-08 11:54 AM
In response to Vel

Oh, and Dee, I'm so glad you're feeling better and able to not only check in but think about scrapping.

And to answer your question, Julie, I never, ever have a sketch or plan in mind when I scrap. I always pick out the next pic(s) I'm going to work with then grab some b/g cs and pp to match, find a few matching accents and start chopping up the paper. The only time I ever used a sketch was when I had a serious case of scrap-mojo-phobia.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-17-08 12:41 PM
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
Just checking in real quick. I'm having one of those everyone-on-the-planet-is -annoying-me-so-i'm-in-my -own-little-world days. I have this neighbor at work who apparently was raised by parents who praised everything she did, thus she seriously thinks she's perfect. And even though she's been here a year, she still doesn't quite get her job and we have to print a correction every single week (no kidding) about something she's done wrong. She actually unplugged my computer once and I lost an entire story I was writing (after I'd asked her twice to stopped messing with my electrical outlet). Yesterday she decided she would work at her desk (which is directly in front of mine) standing up instead of sitting in her chair. She's not a small woman, which normally I wouldn't care about, but she wears mini skirts and low-cut shirts and bends over at the waist. Yesterday I got to see her too-tight pants for 2 1/2 hours. This would be why I like working from home. Ugh. I'm just having one of those days. Thanks for letting me vent! It won't happen often, I promise.

Okay, I say unplug her keyboard! obviously I am in wicked mood today!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-17-08 05:15 PM
In response to vawm

Hehehe, I like your style.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to vawm

That's it! I'm about ready to chunk this darned acrylic album in the trash. This is the worst project ever. Blechk!

I think my problem is that I'm using Valentine papers and hearts. All stuff that's so not me. I just can't get inspired by them, and everything I try looks gross.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-17-08 05:46 PM

Aww, Julie, is there anything we can do to help?

(btw, I haven't yet used Valentine's/hearts/lovey type papers...I think I'd be in the same boat)

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Thanks for the offer to help Vel. I made an impulse decision last night to NOT make it a Valentine book (which will allow me some breathing room) and instead to make it a Mother's Day book. That way I don't have to use papers I don't "feel" and I have more time to work on it.

I pulled out my Basic Grey Pheobe papers... so much more me. That's what I'm going to use instead of the hearts & luvy schmuvy stuff.

It's not going to be *the* project (since I'm so aggravated). Instead, I'm going to work on it in blocks. I need to break it up with a LO or two or it will push me out of my happy place.

Other than that, YAY FRIDAY!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

i have a lot of trouble with "theme" stuff . . . Christmas, Valentine's, Halloween, etc. It's pretty paper, but I'm always uninspired.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-18-08 07:22 AM

Julie, Find a happy place, find a happy place! Have a good weekend everyone. I am packing for Washington DC. I go on Monday and back on Wednesday. And yes this is how I usually travel. I will take some rolodex cards and ATCs with me. I prepack up some kits so I can get some scrapping done.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to HollyD

• KittyMama Said:
i have a lot of trouble with "theme" stuff . . . Christmas, Valentine's, Halloween, etc. It's pretty paper, but I'm always uninspired.

Now I love me some Halloween paper! It's so fun and whimsical. Christmas paper... another blech! Boring.

Have fun on your trip Victoria! I have never been to DC. It's one of those places I'd like to go someday, but there are other cities I'd much rather visit. Savannah is high on my must see city list. Also Memphis (Elvis is guilty pleasure of mine).

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to vawm

Good morning! Happy Friday! Hope all is well with everyone! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. It was "one of those days".

Julie...good luck on that album. I want to do one, too, but I think I am scared...LOL

Vel...hope your day goes better today.

Hi Holly!
Hi Jeni!
Hi Richelle!
Hi Darlene!

Have a safe trip Victoria!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Get some scrappin' done!!!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Just a little reminder that our Re-Do LO's are due next Wednesday. I know we're gonna have a few running late - and that's cool. Don't forget to email me your first LO along with a link to the re-do so that I can update the blog.

And Melissa, did you want to go with the challenge you suggested the other day for our next?

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

I think it sounds like fun...whatcha think?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

I think so. I've actually been thinking about it and what places I would include on my LO. So be ready to post the official challenge in the next week or so.

I think in the next challenge, we should run our completed LO's through the critique process before posting them in our public gallery. Just a thought... what's everyone else think?

Oh, another reminder for everyone - If you haven't already dones so, PM everyone in the group your mailing address (if you want to be included in swaps & RAK's).

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Sounds good to me

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 10:45 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Hi ladies. Just popping in for a quick hello. I want to pm the other group members who haven't stopped here in a while and make sure they're still interested (just real busy or whatever), remind them of the first challenge etc. I'll try to do that today some time.

As for the second challenge, when should we have the start and end dates of that?

Finally, last night I laid out three pics of RJ playing on the swingset that I may need some help with. I can probably come up with a design, but it's a title I'm worried about. I'll see if I can post them here when I get home from work. It's so hard to keep coming up with titles when the pics are all so similar. KWIM?

Anyway, happy Friday ladies!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Vel

Hey Dee...good to see you! Hope you're back home again soon!

To answer the old question about how we prepare to do a lo...I'm completely the opposite of most of you. I do a sketch and figure everything out and then go to the sb store to get what I need. Of course when they don't have exactly what I have in mind, it gets challenging, but then I just alter everything a bit.

I'm off to post my re-do now (finally a sunny day...and after a yucky snowy one yesterday)

Edited by Kromkitty on 01-18-08 10:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 11:17 AM
In response to Kromkitty

I just edited the 1st post to include the info on the 1st challenge (and a little joke for Dee, who I'm sure could use a smile). I'll do that for all our challenges if you want. When we have the dates for the 2nd one I'll post that there.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to Vel

Hello to you! I'm trying to get caught up, but I've been having problems in the forums since the upgrade. I'm still trying though.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

I've been getting a lot off error messages when I click on certain things - that and it seems way slow.

Jeni, you're re-do layout now graces our blog. You did a fabulous job on it. Love those flowers!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-18-08 01:12 PM

I keep losing which forums have new posts I am having problems getting back into things after being "locked out" of the gallery for a few days. I honestly am a creature of habit.

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to vawm

I'm having problems with the same stuff.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 01:53 PM

Hi ladies. I just uploaded pics to the FSS folder here My gallery

I'm plum out of title ideas. You just need to go to my gallery, to the album named For Scraps Sake and plug in the password. It's the first one with the three pics of RJ playing on the swingset. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks much

Edited by Vel on 01-18-08 01:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 04:48 PM
In response to Vel

Julie, thanks for the suggestions. Love all of them. I'm going to save the "I do my own stunts" for the pic of him jumping off the swing and I think I'll use the "In the swing of things" as the title for these three.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Well glad I could help. I can't take any of the credit though. I have this amazing book that I picked up at Michaels. It's called, "The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Word" by Linda LaTourelle. It's full of quotes, titles & poems organized by theme or subject. It's been invaluable.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Morning all.

Popping in while I can. My DH is getting a new computer desk delivered Monday (for him) and I'm taking his old one (humongous L-shaped executive style) to use as my new scrapping area. My old desk ( see gallery ) will become my new computer desk. So, we're gonna have the house torn apart for a while today... which means no scrapping. But, tomorrow my area will be 'new and improved' so I should really crank out some goodie.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

Morning everyone...I'm off to do some scrapping. I'm feeling inspired today. Hopefully it will stay that way once I actually start...lol.

Page 3 of 632 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics