Page 4 of 632 
Username Post: *For Scraps Sake* COF/critique group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1446845)
-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Kromkitty

Hello to everyone!! Happy Saturday. I'm off to work in a little while. Got some goodies in the mail today that I ordered...hopefully I'll get to scrap tomorrow

Have a wonderful night!!!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

G'morning all....where is everybody? Hopefully having a great weekend! I am going to try to get some scrappin' done today...not sure if I'm feeling it. Hate when this happens.

How is everyone doing? I am freezing!!! It is so cold here!!!

Edited by brewerygirlmel on 01-20-08 06:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

It's cold here too. WEll, cold for Florida. We're in the 50's! Only time this year I'll be able to wear my cute flannel jammies. They're coverered in donuts & pastries... too cute.

Got my new scraproom all put together! I love it. I'll upload some pics later today.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-20-08 01:12 PM
In response to retrojulie

I am having really slow wireless. I have my redo done. I will try to load it when I get to the hotel in DC tomorrow. I don't know if it is this site that is slow or what! Hope everyone is doing well.

Idol
In response to vawm

hey girlies. Just wanted to let you know that I will probably be coming home tomorrow--yay. Can't wait to get home and out of this hospital bed. I have tons of ideas a-flowing thru my head - can't wait to get in the ole scraproom and create. Actually, those are the only orders my dh has given me for this upcoming week...wooohooo!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to ...........

Good Morning all!

Victoria, yes... the site was incredibly sssslllooowww yesterday. I finally gave up on it.

Yay Dee! Glad you're going home. Bummer that you've been restricted to scrap duty... how ever will you manage?!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-21-08 05:18 AM

Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a good weekend. School starts next week so I'm hoping to get a couple pages cranked out before then. Have we decided on a start and due date for the next challenge?

Dee, glad to hear you're headed home.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Happy Monday!!! Another COLD one here today...I am so ready for spring!!!

Vel...what are you majoring in?

Everyone off work today? I am headed in later. Us restaurant folk don't get the smaller holidays off.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-21-08 06:44 AM
In response to -Melissa-

I'm getting my master's in communications. I'm exactly halfway done (3 semesters left, counting this one). I can't wait to be done...but I'm also not eager to start paying back those student loans. Eek!

We have to work today too. Unfortunately. And it's so cold here, too. My home thermometer said 12, but with wind chill I think it feels closer to 0 or lower. Brrr. Fortunately Curtis and I have been carpooling the last week or so, so he's dropping me off at the door. Normally I park almost half a mile from work...just so I don't have to pay $6 a day for parking. I could really get used to this chauffeur thing.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

I'm stuck at work also. My company doesn't observe MLK day.

I was a scrappin' fool this past weekend. I got several LO's done. Jonesing to get home so that I can finish the one I started late yesterday. One of Kristie's new ones (the one with the rocket) inspired me.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-21-08 07:37 AM

Cool, Julie...can't wait to see it!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Vel

Happy Monday everyone!! I had an awesome weekend. I went to Archiver's on Saturday and was there from 10:30 a.m. til 10:30 p.m. with my two best gal pals. LOTS of fun. We were so silly, i actually only finished two pages in that whole time! But one of them was my redo and I'm SO happy with it. I'll hopefully get it up tonight.

What is it about an awesome weekend that makes it that much harder to get out of bed on Monday morning? And my bed was SO warm and toasty and the house was COLD!! Can't wait for 5:30 so I can go home and scrap!!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to HollyD

I'm with ya! I'm already watching the clock. 5 hours and 56 minutes to go!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Girls, if you see a cable modem go flying past your house, it is mine. My d*mned internet keeps going on and off, on and off. Just a warning....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-21-08 08:55 AM
In response to -Melissa-

• brewerygirlmel Said:
Girls, if you see a cable modem go flying past your house, it is mine. My d*mned internet keeps going on and off, on and off. Just a warning....

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago with roadrunner. After a 30-minute hold-time with them it miraculously came back and stayed back without any interference from them. Go figure.

Good luck!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Ok, think I am up and running. It's only the second time in 2 days that I have lost internet/phone. You know, why pay for the "good stuff" when it keeps going down. They should pro-rate for time lost. Grr, I get so angry. Thanks for letting me vent!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-21-08 09:41 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Mel, you should definitely ask for a credit. I do every time I have an issue, even if it's for 10 minutes, and I always get a credit. I say, "Look, I'm working from home, I need reliable service and that 10-minute downtime just cost me about two hours extra work. So I need my account credited for two hours." If it was the better part of a day, let them credit you for a full day. A buck's a buck, you know?

Edited by Vel on 01-21-08 09:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

A buck is a sheet of pp and maybe a sticker! LOL

oh, do I ever think about anything other than scrapping!

I am going to...I am calling back now. Not to mention the 30 cell phone minutes that I used up while being on hold and talking to the guy.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to -Melissa-

Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent most of mine bundled up b/c it is freezing! I had off today, but went into work anyway to get some overtime. Maybe I will get some stuff done tonight. I slept on my neck wrong last night though, and scrapping hurts my back enough as it is, so I don't see myself huntching over my sb table for too long tonight. Take care everyone! And stay warm! (except Julie...I don't feel bad for you...50 degrees is sunbathing weather...lol)

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-21-08 05:10 PM
In response to Kromkitty

Hi everyone. I am in WA DC now! I loaded my Halloween redo into my gallery.

[url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1235647.html][img]/gallery/public /1235647_8_202715.jpg[/img][/url] 1982 Halloween Redo By Vawm

It is amazing what a little cropping and ribbon can do!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-21-08 05:11 PM
In response to vawm

I am so sick of computers! Don't have a clue what just happened!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-21-08 06:07 PM
In response to vawm

Hi ladies. Just wanted to let you know that Ressica Jachel has had to drop out of the group. They're in the process of buying a new home and she doesn't have the time to devote to FSS right now. I'm planning to let her know that if she does find some time her spot is still open.

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-21-08 06:24 PM
In response to Vel

And I've officially asked Crazy4scrapbookin to join us and told her to jump right in and make herself at home.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to Vel

) What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Kimberly but everyone calls me Kim

2) Where are you from? originally from Louisiana but moved to Texas 4 years ago.

3) Family? Husband for 12 years,Duane and 3 beautiful children...Landon-16, Caleb-10, and Abigail-8

4) Occupation? SAHM and currently in college to finish my nursing degree.

5) Age? 35years old

6) How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? maybe 20

7) What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12x12, have never tried any other sizes.

How would you describe your scrapping style? not sure, I like trying new things so I feel as if I am still trying to find my own style.

9) How long have you been scrapping? 2 years as of this month

10) Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I don't think I am really known for anything in particular considering I am still trying to find my own personal style. As for something I like to use on layouts, I tend to ink edges a lot. I love the depth inking can give to paper.

11) Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Yes, I love Basic Grey , Rusty Pickle and Daisy D's . I love papers that look distressed.

12) Is there a technique you’d love to learn or have tried and gave up on? Embossing

13) Is there someone on sb.com or elsewhere whose style you love or whose LOs inspire you? I am continously inspired by so many talented women everytime I log on to the computer.

14) What do you hope to gain from being in the For Scraps Sake group? a continued knowledge of scrapbooking and how I can improve. Many friendships to be treasured.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Kim Arledge

Hey Kim! Welcome to the group.

Your gallery is so fun! I love that you're always trying new things and aren't afraid of colors.

Glad you're here...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 05:21 AM

Hi Kim and welcome aboard.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 05:36 AM
In response to Vel

Julie, had to tell you real quick...I stopped by the featured page of the gallery twice already this a.m. and both times one of your LOs was featured...first your "are we there yet" and then the "fun-o-meter" one. Way to go!

And over the weekend one of us was a featured artist...let me think. Hmmm...Oh, Eat Sleep Scrap. Yay!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Vel

Good morning!

Kim, Welcome to our crazy little corner.

Yay for our famous members!

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to HollyD

Morning Ladies! Thanks for the warm welcome. Just getting cranked up here, on my 2nd cup of coffee. Got the kiddos of to school now I have the house all to myself.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

So much exposure! That's why I started wearing these shades. Paparazzi was hounding me.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Victoria,

I'll get your new page uploaded to blog in a few. Remember "ladies" (that's for you Richelle), 1st challenge LO's are due tomorrow.

Mel, you ready to get the other one started?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 07:37 AM

• retrojulie Said:
So much exposure! That's why I started wearing these shades. Paparazzi was hounding me.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to Vel

You guys crack me up!!!!!!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to vawm

Yo yo ladies!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

So we need to post an old layout and do a new layout with the same pics from the old one right?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Richelle

Yes. You got it, babe. Since you were a little late in joining, take a few more days. That, or just skip the first challenge & jump in on the next.

Ok - our blog is current I think. For our newest members, here's the link:

http://forscrapssake.blogspot.com/

If anyone else has some shopping/scrapbooky links they want to share, let me know and I'll post them along with Vel's faves.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 09:55 AM
In response to Richelle

Hey Richelle, missed you. Glad you popped in.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Oh... Richelle's been around... making waves. We gotta watch her like a hawk! If you've all noticed, we're (Richelle & I) are now referring to ourselves as "ladies". The powers that be shut down our Sarcastic Sista thread because we weren't very lady like. Imagine!

Edited by retrojulie on 01-22-08 10:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 10:03 AM
In response to Vel

I think I have a couple more for ya Julie. I've gotten some sale e-mails this week, just have to send you the mini reviews.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 10:05 AM
In response to Vel

OMG, you're kidding me! Holy cow. If sarcasm's a crime, lock me up and throw away the key, baby. It's what I'm known for...I'm even teaching RJ how to be sarcastic. He's gotten to the point where he rolls his eyes and says, "That was sarcasm, Velv."

I'd love to know what you guys did to get the boot, or the mop, as the case may be.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 10:06 AM
In response to Vel

my post duped itself so please ignore

Edited by Vel on 01-22-08 10:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

I'll PM you Vel, don't want to lose this home too.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge

Hey Julie, sent you an e-mail with the pics of the old vs. new layouts.

Set up my new albulm space for the group. Will be adding my first lo to critque. Did it last night...Gimme your best shot...I can take it!!!! LOL!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 10:23 AM

Ahem, Kim? You're just a little bit TOO on the ball. You're gonna make us all look bad.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 10:27 AM
In response to Vel

Oh that's right, you said you've got the house to yourself...you're taking advantage while you can.

I can't ever seem to get rid of my boys. Too bad I can't send them off camping in the winter. Space heater and a few extra blankets maybe...

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to Vel

Trust me Vel, that will change soon because I have my Microbiology class tomorrow and there will be times that I will have to stop and actually study. I can be a bit of an overachiever though! LOL!

-PaperJunkie-
Mayor
-PaperJunkie-

Hi Kim....Welcome to the group!

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to -PaperJunkie-

Thanks Debbie...I just got finished taking a peek into your gallery...Let me say, I am just honored to be surrounded by all this talent!

A BIG Pat on the back to all of you!!!!!!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Vel

Yes we got shut down for not being "ladies"

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

ok, I was going to bail on this challenge but Kim is making me look bad! pff!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
OMG, you're kidding me! Holy cow. If sarcasm's a crime, lock me up and throw away the key, baby. It's what I'm known for...I'm even teaching RJ how to be sarcastic. He's gotten to the point where he rolls his eyes and says, "That was sarcasm, Velv."

I'd love to know what you guys did to get the boot, or the mop, as the case may be.

They are just dirty, dirty girls!
You can still go read the thread. It's up but locked.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to Richelle

Sorry Richelle! Come on...you can do it!!!!!!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

Oh I added two new layouts to my gallery.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

I feel so overwhelmed right now with the wedding pics, the honeymoon pics and just regular pics!
I am going to have a panic attack just thinking about it! lol...I hate being behind!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 11:36 AM
In response to Richelle

I can make everyone feel really good about how far behind they are or how caught up they are in their scrapping. First, all of the LOs I'm doing are going into a book for RJ that he'll get when he eventually leaves home (well, at that point it'll be more like 25 books). Which means that we have nothing about him for us to keep. Which, in turn, means I have to at some point duplicate some pages so we something for our shelves 10-15 years from now. In addition, I haven't even started a book of me yet. All those hundreds and hundreds of pics from my childhood, growing up etc. etc. have never been touched. I've also not done a heritage album for my mom, which i have hundreds of photos for. I took a huge box of her photos last summer, scanned them and "fixed" them all, had them printed and have them in two huge envelopes right now. There really are about 300 photos to be scrapped. Also, I'm only up to April of last year on RJ's pages, which means I have another 300-400 photos sitting in envelopes on the floor of my scraproom waiting to get scrapped for his book. Seriously, not exaggerating here. But at least I'll never run out of things to do!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Kim - you're like a Stepford scrapper. You're on top of things, you're perfect, you're freakin' me out!

Richelle... put on your big girl panties! Don't let your hobby overwhelm you. I find that when all of my back-project seem daunting, if I scrap a whimsical page (maybe your nephew or a pet), all of my stress goes away. We shall not discuss that acrylic album.

Vel... I think you just gave me an idea for a potential group project. I'll get back to you on it.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

hey girls!! Actually think my internet is working today. Better be! I'm not in the mood today!!!

Welcome Kim So glad to have you with us. Hey, they pinned me as the bad *ss of the group...don't believe them!! LOL

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Well it's all peaches & butterflies now that you're here.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to -Melissa-

You guys got shut down? For that? Wow. i tried to write a word I don't really consider a cuss word once in a thread . . . you know, scrap without the s . . . It got replaced by the censor smiley. I thought that was funny.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 12:22 PM

• retrojulie Said:

Vel... I think you just gave me an idea for a potential group project. I'll get back to you on it.

Oh, I know, you're all going to come to blustery Rochester, and scrap my photos for me, right?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
  • retrojulie Said:

Oh, I know, you're all going to come to blustery Rochester, and scrap my photos for me, right?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 12:29 PM

What? You don't like that idea?

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

• retrojulie Said:
Victoria,

I'll get your new page uploaded to blog in a few. Remember "ladies" (that's for you Richelle), 1st challenge LO's are due tomorrow.

Mel, you ready to get the other one started?

I'm ready! Let me know when you want me to post the details

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

I would say by end of day tomorrow since that's when the first has officially ended.

Don't forget all... this next challenge, we're going to be sending through the critique process before posting them live in our public galleries.

And no, Vel, that's not what I had in mind. Although I'm sure hanging out with you would be a blast!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

OMG! I'm so excited! My rocket LO that I just posted today has been accepted into Basic Grey 's gallery! Yay!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Yay!!! I just saw the layout! It is amazing. They never accepted any of mine Pfft. Their loss. LOL

Off to get my taxes done!! Hopefully will have cash money when I leave my appointment!

I'll check back in later!!! Itching to do a LO tonight

Idol
In response to -Melissa-

okay girls, I am still in pjs but not in the hospital...lol

I have my first LO ready to email, who does it go to again?

I'm going to try to work on it tonight and see what I come up with. I've had a boring day of watching food tv while being on steroids therefore wanting to eat all day long - even bagged cheese..LOL

Now that I am full, think I will muster up some creativity.

-PaperJunkie-
Mayor
-PaperJunkie-

• retrojulie Said:
OMG! I'm so excited! My rocket LO that I just posted today has been accepted into Basic Grey 's gallery! Yay!

Congrats girlie!!!

Idol
In response to -PaperJunkie-

that LO is awesome! congrats!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Thanks for the congrats all. My DH is out getting me pizza in celebration. Yeah, I'm a cheap date.

Dee, email to me. My email is in our address PM. Let me know if you need it PM'd again.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Vel

Welcome Kim!

Hope everyone's doing well. I need to finish up a lo I'm working on for my LSS by the end of the month but I'm stuck. I'm going to ponder a little longer, then I might have to post it and get some help!

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to Kromkitty

Congrats Julie!!!!!!!!!! I've only had BG accept 1 of my layouts so I know how hard it can be to get in their gallery.

I have an idea, I think you need to share some of that pizza! I'm hungry!!!!!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

What is this "share" of which you speak? S...hhh...aaaa...rrr..e Nope, never heard it. Don't know what it is.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-22-08 03:56 PM

Yay, Julie! I'm so happy for you!!! How do you get in their gallery, btw? I don't think I've ever even been to it. (Yes, I live under a rock.)

Dee, so glad you're home and feeling full.

And holy cow, did you see Heath Ledger died? I'm so shocked and kinda sad. I loved Brokeback Mountain. Bummer.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge

Thanks Jen and Mel!!!! I look forward to getting to know all of you gals better. Having a blast so far.

So Dee, I missed out on your recent events. How did you end up in the hospital? Hope you don't mind me being nosey...I am studing nursing so aside from scrapping I'm intrigued by all kinds of illnesses and germs. I'm kinda nerdy that way! LOL!!!! Anyway, glad you are out and feeling better.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge

Julie....

You are a NUT!!!!! But in a good way!

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge

OMGosh, yeah...I just read about Heath on the internet!!!!!! Total Shocker!!!!!!!!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

Congrats Julie...that's so exciting!!!

Shayebryd
Guru
Shayebryd
In response to Kromkitty

Hello ladies......Zoedoodle (Debbie) invited me to join you gals.........hope you have room for 1 more.......I know I'm probably the oddball here......I only do digital.......but there is much I can learn from all of you that can easily be carried over into the "digital" world and maybe viseversey:)
So I guess I will start by working my way thru the introductory questions:)
1) What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Shae
2) Where are you from? Florida
3) Family? Yep, awesome husband, married 10 yrs, son (31) 2 daughters (24 and 26) The kicker.......my son is 3 years older then me...... :).....ok, so I stopped having B-days....hee hee hee!!! oh and 2 adorable little furbabies!!!
4) Occupation? Registered Nurse
5) Age? the BIG 50......wooohooo!!!!!!
6) How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? OMG.....way too many....look at my house.......it tells the story...hee hee hee.......ok....let's just say ALOT!!! I'm very indecisive, so it's not like I'm turning out pages right and left.......it just takes me forever to make up my mind!!! :)
7) What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12x12, but I also do alot of 5x7's for gifts and photo albums
How would you describe your scrapping style? hmmmmm.....well, I only do digital........other then that.....I'm not sure...I love flowers, doodles, and swirlies.........and I LOVE earthtone, autumn, deep rich colors.
9) How long have you been scrapping? hmmmmmm......5-6 years maybe...? Longer I guess because I have been embellishing photos for a long time........guess that's still scrapping....just on a smaller scale :)
10) Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo?
I tend to use flowers alot.....and I love swirls...
11) Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Designers SweetMade and Pamela Leflours are but a few of my favorites.
12) Is there a technique you’d love to learn or have tried and gave up on? Yes, I have so much trouble with journaling......every time I try I think every thing I write sounds so silly...:)
13) Is there someone on sb.com or elsewhere whose style you love or whose LOs inspire you?
OMG.....there are so many talented people here!!!!
14) What do you hope to gain from being in the For Scraps Sake group?
Honest critique to help improve my style..... learn a variety of different styles and techniques many of which can be applied with digital and fun times with a great group of ladies. :)

Ok...now off to peek at everyone's gallery!!
Oh, and great big congrats Julie....how awesome!!!!!

Edited by Shayebryd on 01-22-08 05:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Shayebryd

Hey Shae! Welcome to the group. I think having a digital artist in our midst can be a good thing. It'll expose us to another whole world of scrap possibilities.

The Heath Ledger news is sooooo sad. He's one our guys. My DH and I keep track of up & comers and are always happy to see them in new things. We always say, "look! It's our guy!" His is a horrible loss. We're both really bummed.

Catch ya'll in the AM. FOr some reason I'm really tired tonight. I'm turning in early.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

I have to catch up later. Just letting you know that my redo is in my FSS gallery. Yay!

Idol

• crazy4scrapbookin Said:
Thanks Jen and Mel!!!! I look forward to getting to know all of you gals better. Having a blast so far.

So Dee, I missed out on your recent events. How did you end up in the hospital? Hope you don't mind me being nosey...I am studing nursing so aside from scrapping I'm intrigued by all kinds of illnesses and germs. I'm kinda nerdy that way! LOL!!!! Anyway, glad you are out and feeling better.

It's a quirky thing, actually. My DH took me to the ER on Friday 1/11 because I was having slurred speech and my face was twitching. After being there for about an hour, they did a CT scan and found a lesion on my brain. I was then transferred to a larger hospital where it was determined that I had an infection. Apparently I had a UTI that went straight to my brain thru my lungs which have vein malformations and are the size of your thumbs (those will be addressed after I get better from all of this) On Friday 1/18, I had brain surgery and they removed the lesion and all of the infection. I am now home with IV antibiotics twice a day for 6 weeks. The tests came back as some sort of strep. I was in for 10 days, but am now home. I knew nothing of this and was perfectly healthy until 1/11/08.

See, told you it was weird...lol Y'all know I just really needed some extra time for that first challenge..haha

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge

OMGosh Dee...wow!!!!! If it makes you feel any better, I just had back surgery the week before Christmas. I produced a lot of layouts once I was able to sit in a chair considering that was about all I was allowed to do. Thank goodness for a hobby that doesn't require too much physical energy. LOL!

Please keep us updated with your progress. That is incredibly fascinating!!!!!! I am sooooo glad that you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing! Alrighty then, going to bed now.
Nighty Night!!!!

Oh and welcome Shae. Glad to have ya!

Edited by crazy4scrapbookin on 01-22-08 09:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle

Morning ladies!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Richelle

Morning girls!!!

Idol
In response to -Melissa-

morning sunshines!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-23-08 05:24 AM

Morning girlies. And welcome to the club, Shae. We're so glad you joined us. I will update the first post to include Shae's link. I'll also be creating a new pm with all our addresses so we can include Shae in it as well.

Happy Wednesday!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Morning all.

Work has started off just fabulously. I have this nagging feeling that I won't be around much today.

My brother sent some new pics of his family last night. I can't believe it's been almost three years since I actually saw my niece & nephew. I would never recognize them on the street. I really need to plan a trip north to see my family. Not recognizing my niece & nephew is totally unacceptable! I'm a horrible aunt.

On the plus side, however, I have some amazing new pics for scrapping!

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge

Morning Chicks!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Who's ready for the new challenge?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-23-08 08:29 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Me! I am! I got my pictures together last night for it so they're ready to print. Hope it's ok to use someone else's photos...I just don't think I'll have the time to go around and take pics of the sights in town with school starting next week.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

ME! ME! ME! I'm ready! Vel, I'm planning on use others' photos too... after all, we only have two weeks, right!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

OK...here's the new challenge....

I thought it would be cool to do a layout about the town/city we live in. Since we are all from different parts of the country or at least different towns (well except for Jeni and I), I thought it would be neat to see where we are all from. Is your town known for something? Is there a landmark in your town? Maybe there is only one red light? Show us your town...heck, you can even paint it red first if you want to!!!

This can be either a one or 2 page layout....however you want to do it! As far as the due date...Julie? Can I leave that part up to you.

And, I have no problem with using other people's pictures

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

We'll keep it at two weeks out if that's still OK with everyone. Which, let's say is the 31st. So, this challenge due by the end of the month. Good timing!

And don't forget goils - when you complete them, put them into your critique gallery first (make sure it's private w/password). We'll run them through the critique process & if you're happy with your LO or want to make changes, then post it live.

A few critique rules. We are all after honest critiques. Of course, the glowing comments are always welcome (we love those), but we will request that you give at least one constructive criticism remark to every single LO... even if it's something as simple as, "hey that button would look better here".

Once you post your layout live & in the public gallery, let us know that it's up & we'll all go give it some proper loving.

We all good?

Richelle
Angel
Richelle

Welcome Shae!

Idol
In response to -Melissa-

• brewerygirlmel Said:

I thought it would be cool to do a layout about the town/city we live in. Since we are all from different parts of the country or at least different towns (well except for Jeni and I), I thought it would be neat to see where we are all from. Is your town known for something? Is there a landmark in your town? Maybe there is only one red light? Show us your town...heck, you can even paint it red first if you want to!!!

This can be either a one or 2 page layout....however you want to do it! As far as the due date...Julie? Can I leave that part up to you.

ONE RED LIGHT?! THAT'S FOR ME, huh?! LOL!!!

Idol

got my re-do done..yay! Y'all be nice...I did just have brain surgery...LOLOLOLOLOL

first date

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-23-08 11:51 AM

Dee, you're going to be using that excuse for a while, aren't you? Well, I would too, I guess.

OK, first post is edited to reflect the new challenge. If nobody objects, I'll keep all the challenges up there for quick reference.

Also, Keandra (keeperkwill) got married and is in Disney right now, which is why she hasn't popped in more often. She was also having problems getting the PMs we were sending. But, rest assured, she'll be back with us soon.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

• webdee Said:
  • brewerygirlmel Said:

ONE RED LIGHT?! THAT'S FOR ME, huh?! LOL!!!

of course that one was for you!!! LOL

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to -Melissa-

Welcome new people! I'm glad you're home, Dee. Busy week, not had much time for chatting.

Page 4 of 632 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics