Page 5 of 632 
Username Post: *For Scraps Sake* COF/critique group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1446845)
retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to HollyD

OK, I think I have the blog up to date. Everyones re-do LO's look fabulous daaahhhling.

The new challenge has been posted so get a movin'!

Talk to you all in the AM.

Retro out.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to retrojulie

Hi Ladies, Went back to class today so after getting the kids to bed, I am finally able to catch up on what's going on.

The new challenge sounds fun!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Kim Arledge

Good morning girlies!!!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Eat Sleep Scrap

Morning!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

I have a question about the second challenge...
I already have a LO of funky town. Can I post it?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Richelle

Hmmmm... how old is this Funky Town LO?

Maybe post that and then do an addendum page... maybe concentrating more on one of the landmarks from your original?

I don't know... girls? What do you think? Can she use an old LO? I'm torn.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 06:33 AM

Oh gosh, I dunno. My thought is start from scratch for the challenge...but then if you've already done something like that it seems pointless to do another. Can you pick one particular place/monument/sight and do a page on that? Or would that overlap as well? Hmmm...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 06:34 AM
In response to Vel

Oh, and good morning ladies!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Mornin' Vel

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

OK, I've been thinking about this. I strongly feel that a challenge should be just that. What's challenging about pulling out an old LO?

Since you've already done something similar, do the page from a different perspective. Maybe the town through the eyes of your cat. That could be hilarious. The local diner (taken from the height of a cat). The dumpster behind (also as seen through your cats eyes). Just have fun with it!

So, no... to answer the original question. All challenges must be new LO's.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

• retrojulie Said:
OK, I've been thinking about this. I strongly feel that a challenge should be just that. What's challenging about pulling out an old LO?

Since you've already done something similar, do the page from a different perspective. Maybe the town through the eyes of your cat. That could be hilarious. The local diner (taken from the height of a cat). The dumpster behind (also as seen through your cats eyes). Just have fun with it!

So, no... to answer the original question. All challenges must be new LO's.

Agreed Plus, I think it is more fun for all of us to see everyone's NEW layouts.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 07:13 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Hehehe, I was just thinking...Julie's like the den mother or something. I'm glad I don't have to make these tough decisions.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
Hehehe, I was just thinking...Julie's like the den mother or something. I'm glad I don't have to make these tough decisions.

hahahaha!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

My bra is pinching into my chub today so I'm feeling a bit irritable.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 07:20 AM

Been there!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

eh, take it off. I would.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

I'm at work. I don't think that'd be appropriate office attire.

So, is it just chubettes who have a problem with underwire bras or is also an issue for skinnies? I've always wondered. When I sit down, the underwire stabs my belly roll. If it's not doing that, it's poking my bat wing.

Idol

well from someone who doesn't have much to hold up in her bra, I must say it is still uncomfy! My batwing especially!! LOL never thought of it as a batwing, but that's pretty good!

oh and good morning y'all!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to ...........

I've often found that off-the-shelf underwire bras don't fit right. I often have to do a little re-molding of the wire to make it properly shaped. Especially under the arms!!

What I hate is when you're standing, you look great. Then you sit down, and your pants push fat up and your bra pushes fat down, and suddenly you look like you've gained another 20 pounds.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 08:16 AM
In response to HollyD

Hehehe, you guys are cracking me up today. Here's my two cents - even when I was my thinnest I sometimes found them hurting, especially the batwing (that word! it's perfect!). And this is precisely why it's the first thing to come off when I get home at night.

And yes, Holly, I have quite the muffin top going most of the time. The beauty of big sweaters this time of year.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 08:24 AM
In response to Vel

Hey ladies, ready to hear Julie's fab idea?

Ever hear of Flat Stanley? Flat Stanley Well, how about we do one for our group? A girly Flat Stanley. Julie would make a paper doll out of chipboard and dress her in her skivvies and pass her to one of the FSS ladies, who would add an article of clothing or accessory. Then she would get passed to the next person, who would add something. With 13 in the group she will be such a fashionista by the time the last person gets her. Hair, makeup, bag, shoes, jewels etc. And, to top it off, we could take pictures of our Flat Stanley at all our favorite places. Going to the beach? Why not take Flat Stanley? Cleaning the kitchen floor? Put Flat Stanley to work.

Coupla things we'll need to work out: What should we name our Flat Stanley? What order should she be passed around in?

What do you ladies think? I think it'd be a riot.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-24-08 08:37 AM
In response to Vel

How about Flat Flossie???
Okay, I am back from Washington DC. I have a major case of the tired today. Nothing is fitting well here!
Love the new challenge and Julie, I will PM you some good sites. Hello to the new folks and Dee I am glad you are up and about and doing so well!
Have a great day and I will be back on full force tomorrow.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Once she's all dressed, we'll still continue to send her around the group. Figure, keep her two weeks then send her on. We can also opt to change her attire from time to time (like a Hawaiian shirt for the summer months, or a costume on Halloween).

I think it'd be so neat to see what creative things we do with her & where we take her (on vacation? shopping?). If you take a funny pic with her in it, send it me & I'll post it to our blog. We may even give her her own page.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Sounds fun!!!

Idol
In response to -Melissa-

sounds like it would be hilarious!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Vel...you have now taken over the title of the biggest enabler I know.

Yeah, I placed an order for a bunch of A2Z today. It's your fault. Oh, and, I couldn't even find that one paper that looks like the punching balloon....grrr!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 10:50 AM
In response to -Melissa-

LOL, Melissa. I knew some of them would be hard to find. And btw, I did go through my stash and found dups of all the junk drawer line. They're packaged up and waiting to go to the post office for you.

And yes, I readily admit I'm an enabler. I'm currently in the no-spending-on-sb-stuff zone (at least til after taxes come back) so I might as well encourage others to spend, spend, spend.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Here's a few name suggestions for our gal:

Amanda (means she who must be loved)
Beatrice (means voyager)
Dena (means slender)
Felicity (means happiness)
Florence (means blossoming)
Gypsy (means traveler)
Treasure (means precious possession)
Wendy (means friend)

I never, in a million years, thought I'd be surfing a baby name site. Kill me.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

What did I miss?! What's A2Z? Punching balloon paper?

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

I think her name should be Melissa....ROFLMAO!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 10:54 AM

• retrojulie Said:

ROFL

I'm glad you didn't suggest Dolores...it would forever remind me of that SEI nfeld episode.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
LOL, Melissa. I knew some of them would be hard to find. And btw, I did go through my stash and found dups of all the junk drawer line. They're packaged up and waiting to go to the post office for you.

And yes, I readily admit I'm an enabler. I'm currently in the no-spending-on-sb-stuff zone (at least til after taxes come back) so I might as well encourage others to spend, spend, spend.

Oh, I see how it is....I'll be sure to take pictures of all my stuff that I get just for you! LOL. We'll see how long it lasts!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You rock!!!! But, you knew that already!!!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
  • retrojulie Said:

ROFL

I'm glad you didn't suggest Dolores...it would forever remind me of that SEI nfeld episode.

hahaahaah....one of my alltime favorite SEI nfeld episodes. Even though I think the "rhyming word" for Dolores is the grossest word ever. Just thought I'd share.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 10:58 AM
In response to Vel

Julie, A2Z Essentials is that funkified paper I've been using lately...it's actually attached itself to me. I can't get away from the stuff. Well, Mel was commenting on how one of the pieces looked like a punching bag or something so I sent her a link or two or 12 to where she might find some. Because, if nothing else, I'm really, really good at shopping research.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to -Melissa-

Does anyone else find it amusing that the sb.com software makes links out of things that are completely un-scrapbook related? Like S-E-I-N-F-E-L-D having the SEI underlined?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 11:03 AM
In response to HollyD

I know! Drives me bonkers. The word doesn't even have a space in it.

Idol
In response to Vel

I want linkie links!! I'm completely dumb when it comes to new stuff. I only see it when Mel does a new LO!!!

Oh and I like Gypsy FLorence Wendy.......

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Well, if we name her Dena...I already have a problem with her. I might have to beat her up for being so slender! Give her 2 black eyes and tattered and torn clothes...now that would make for some funny pics!!!!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to -Melissa-

I hardly ever watch King of the Hill, but there was one episode where Peggy got a flat Stanley and she decided to use it as an "educational tool" to teach kids about dangerous things. So she took pictures of Stanley in all these horrible situations, where he was hurt, maimed, or killed.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 11:10 AM
In response to HollyD

Hehehehehe, I'm definitely getting my laugh of the day from you girlies.

Dee, do you want me to copy you on the pm I sent Mel with the links to A2Z stuff? I think I still have it.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
Hehehehehe, I'm definitely getting my laugh of the day from you girlies.

Dee, do you want me to copy you on the pm I sent Mel with the links to A2Z stuff? I think I still have it.

there she goes again....enabling!!!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to HollyD

• KittyMama Said:
I hardly ever watch King of the Hill, but there was one episode where Peggy got a flat Stanley and she decided to use it as an "educational tool" to teach kids about dangerous things. So she took pictures of Stanley in all these horrible situations, where he was hurt, maimed, or killed.

now, that's funny! I like that show...well, sometimes.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge
In response to -Melissa-

Hey Girls!!!! My husband took off work today and has monopolized the computer. I think we need another one...1 for each of us!!!!!

The doll thingy sounds fun! I think she needs to be named Gypsy since she's going to be such a traveler.

By the way, I had to help my son with a project last night. He had to make a miniature float. Each of the kids had to represent a different holiday. Anyway, what is it with parents who take over the kid's projects. My friend took my son to school this morning and said that she could not believe some of the floats that were coming in...very elaborate. I think it is so much more fun when I get to collaberate with my kids and they help participate. It is their project after all. I guess that's the suberbs for ya...I'm just a country girl gone to town!!!!! LOL!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

I agree, Kim....it is their project. I haven't had to do one yet. I hope I can sit back and let him be the one to do most of it and just help him along.

Well, girlies....I would love to stay and chat all night long. But, a girl's gotta make a living. Especially when I have Vel enabling me to buy new scrap supplies

Have a great night!!!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

My parents NEVER did my homework. They'd help me with it, especially if I needed to use tools or needed hands to hold glued things together. But it was MY homework, not theirs. And I still remember some of those projects as being a lot of fun - both to make, and for the time I spent with them.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-24-08 11:57 AM
In response to HollyD

Hey Vel, can we put the blog link in the first post?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-24-08 12:27 PM
In response to vawm

I knew I was forgetting something! It's linked, Victoria.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

Welcome Shae! Glad to have you. I'm totally afraid of digital lo's so having you around might be comforting...lol.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Kromkitty

I find that it's more comforting to have M&M's around. Digital LO's are cool and all, but they can't do what a handful of M&M's does.

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge

Once again Julie...gotta love your sense of humor!!!1

Idol

• retrojulie Said:
I find that it's more comforting to have M&M's around. Digital LO's are cool and all, but they can't do what a handful of M&M's does.

It's funny..I'm an m&m plain girl but when i scrap I prefer peanut ones...must need to feel a little nutty..hahahahaha

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

I tend to go for M&M's when I'm stressing. Can't keep those darned things in the snack machine at work!

When I'm scrapping, I don't eat anything. I really get into a zone. I'll keep a drink behind me, but most times I forget it's even there.

Feeling like scrapping tonight. Not sure what I'm going to work on. I've had Queen & Co felt staring at me since mid-fall, I'm thinking about playing with that.

Idol

I'm working on a scraplift challenge that was on another site..hope to get it finished and up for ya to see......

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Morning ladies,

Yay! It's Friday! Yippee Skippee!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Vel

Happy Friday ladies!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

So Julie sense the blog is blocked for me at work and I ma hardly online at home can I just post my layouts here?

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

I still have pics from that day so I could do another layout.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

Also we just do the layouts right? No judging or anything like that right?

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

I guess I am talking to myself now.....

Idol
In response to Richelle

good morning!

I'm excited. one of my friends is taking me to WM and Ross today to get out of the house..wooohoo! It's the first time I have been anywhere in 2 weeks!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 05:43 AM

Good morning ladies! I'm working from home today, which generally means I can sneak a lo in. Sshhh, don't tell!

Kim, you had asked what the title alphas were on my most recent lo. They're stickers from Bo Bunny . Called Kiwi alphabet. Item # is kacs636. Yep, I'm enabling again.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 05:45 AM
In response to Vel

To answer your question, Richelle. We're not judging the newest challenge LOs, but we will be critiquing them. Since it's Julie's challenge, she wants to make sure we put them in our private FSS gallery album first and we have to leave one constructive criticism on each one. I think what I'll do with mine is lay it out and take a picture to upload before gluing anything down, that way I can change things around depending on the comments. Make sense?

Richelle
Angel
Richelle

Why haven't you been out in two weeks?

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

I have three new layouts!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Richelle

So I need to create an album and make it private?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Richelle

Richelle,

You been sniffing your adhesive again?

You may want to read back through the first few pages of the thread. A lot of your questions can be answered there. Set up a private, password protected album in your gallery. We're all using the same password on our albums so that we can all access it easily. FSSCG.

For any LO's that need to be posted to the blog, just email me the link to them (or a file attachment) & I'll post them to the blog. My email address is in our address PM.

Did I miss anything?

Oh, I'm going to be creating our Flat Traveler this weekend. She should be en route by next week at some point. We need to determine in what order she's sent out. Do we just want to draw number? Do we want to do it geographically, alphabetically?

Idol
In response to Richelle

I was in the hospital for 10 days - had brain surgery a week ago - and came home this week.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-25-08 08:04 AM

Julie, I think the flat traveler, should go geographically somehow. How about clockwise around the US?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to vawm

If we did clockwise, as Victoria suggested, and if I'm up on my geography, that would make the order:

Me
Dee
Shae (need address - FL)
Mel
Jeni
Vel
Victoria
Melissa
Holly
Richelle
Kim
Keandra

We still need Deb's (ZoeDoodle's) address also... not sure where she's located.

Is everyone good with this order? Keep in mind, some of the last to get her will have to be the most creative since she'll be pertnear (yes, I'm from the south) dressed. It may be down to purse, jewelry, fishnet stockings or a henna tatoo.

If you don't wish to participate, let us know now.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 08:21 AM

That order works for me. I think this is going to be so much fun. How big is she going to be? Are you giving her muffin tops and cankles so we all feel good about our bodies?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 08:22 AM
In response to Vel

HAHAHA, I just thought of something. If she starts with you, Julie, and is only wearing bra and panties, what kinds of activities are you going to photograph her doing???

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

I was already thinking about giving her a muffin top & big girl thighs. Hadn't though of the kankles... will add that.

I have some really cute pink lace paper I've been sitting on, I think that's what her panties & bra will be made out of.

As for her activity at my house, I'm thinking maybe curled up on the couch, under a throw with the TV remote. She's gonna be cold in just her skivvies!

I'm trekking to Ocala tomorrow. There's only one place I know of that sells chipboard by the sheet. I'm not positive, but I feel it was 8-1/2 x 11, so she'll be at least 10" tall (I hope).

Are we decorating both front & back? I thought about just front so we could all sign the back, but then it could be so fun to see what clever ideas we all come up with for her backside. Thoughts?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
HAHAHA, I just thought of something. If she starts with you, Julie, and is only wearing bra and panties, what kinds of activities are you going to photograph her doing???

Ha! I *could* put her in bed with Dwayne... both smoking a cigarette.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 08:30 AM

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 08:32 AM
In response to Vel

I like front and back. So, we just glue her stuff to her then?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Depends. If we want to change her outfit on occassion (for like holidays or to keep up with the times), we'd have to use removable adhesive. I know Mono Tombo w makes some that you can reposition.

If we want to make her more sturdy and handle-friendly, we'd want to use regular adhesive. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-25-08 08:48 AM

This is way too complex!!! Flat Stanly only has one outfit.... BORING! It would be nice to be able to change her outfits! What girl only wants one pair of shoes?????

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to vawm

I'm kind of agree. I'd love to give her a Halloween costume, vacation attire, school colors, etc.

When you have possession of Flat No Name, you want to be able to give her bowling shoes, pink foam curlers, whatever! It'll always be a surprise when the next person gets her. She'll always be changing.

Flat No Name can also come bearing gifts, games, challenges, etc. Flat No Name is creativity on the fly!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 09:02 AM

Yep, I think everything should be repositionable too. And probably the first time through we should all add a different item (shirt, shoes, bag, hat, jewels etc.), then the second time through we can add whatever we want. KWIM?

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to Vel

What about velcro?

And what is a cankle?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to HollyD

Holly... a cankle:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/jessjanie /cankle...

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

WOW...I missed the cankles conversation. ROFLMBO!!!

Been a busy day here today. Nicholas is getting his bunk beds delivered (the guys are actually here now putting them together). So, I had to clean his room this morning.

Vel, when I logged on, you were listed as a featured artist! YEAH!!!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Yay for Vel as featured artist! ~golf clap~

Kim Arledge
Diva
Kim Arledge

Hey Girlies...been out of and about today. My baby girl, Abigail, has the flu!!!! Can you believe that? She was fine yesterday, a little sore throat, and next thing a know she is running 103 fever. Got her to the doctor immediately!

Anyway, fyi...I have the Tombo w repositionable tape and I got so aggrevated cause my pic kept sliding around on the layout. Then I used it for my lab notebook to adhere some handouts and they too kept coming off the page. I am not real fond of it but I honestly can't think of anything else for the moment to use on our traveling gypsy.

Gotta run to get Abigail's perscription so I will check in later.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 02:56 PM

Kim, sorry about your dd...hope she feels better soon!

Thanks, ladies. I saw my name up there yesterday three times. It was a first for me. I'm so easily amused!

And as far as our gypsy no name flat chick, have you all used ZIG two-way? I use it on everything and usually use it as permanent adhesive but it does work as repositionable too. ZIG is my best friend. Well, so are AC Thickers. Um, and BG rubons. And Doodlebug . And, of course, Bazzill cs and A2Z pp and, and, and.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

The ZIG Two way is the one that's blue until it dries, right? I think that's what I have & use on my cricut letters. I always use it as permanent. Have you used it as a repositionable? Does it work?

There's always the old traditional paperdoll way also... those little tabbies that fold over.

Or, we could just use regular adhesive and when she's ready for a wardrobe change, just rip off the old and put on the new.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-25-08 05:03 PM

Sounds like our flat gypsy traveler is a little wild. I think she might get some western wear here in Oregon!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-25-08 06:58 PM
In response to vawm

Well, I have my challenge #2 lo done...more or less. I didn't glue down the pics, but the rest is there. I took a pic I'll upload to my FSS album tomorrow. I like the page but I'm not entirely pleased with the title placement/letter choice. I guess that'll give you a head start on what to critique.

I'll let you know when it's up. Nighty night!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Morning!

Me & DH are about ready to walk to the door. He wants to go yard sale-ing. What?!? It's like 30 degrees this morning here in FL. No one is going to be having one. I've tried to tell him, but he's insisting. Brrrr...

The only reason I'm even humoring him is because afterwards, we're going to Hobby Lobby. I swear, the things I put up with for the sake of my craft.

I'll drop in again after this ridiculous adventure (well... only the first leg of it).

Have a good one!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

Good morning 30 degrees in Florida...wow!!

Vel, you are too quick! Can't wait to see it!!!

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!!!

Idol

• retrojulie Said:
Morning!

Me & DH are about ready to walk to the door. He wants to go yard sale-ing. What?!? It's like 30 degrees this morning here in FL. No one is going to be having one. I've tried to tell him, but he's insisting. Brrrr...

The only reason I'm even humoring him is because afterwards, we're going to Hobby Lobby. I swear, the things I put up with for the sake of my craft.

I'll drop in again after this ridiculous adventure (well... only the first leg of it).

Have a good one!

wow, Julie, you are much cooler than us this morning! It was only 40 here. hope you have fun at HL!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-26-08 11:13 AM

Hi ladies. I just put my challenge #2 lo in my FSS album in my gallery. Just click on my gallery link and go to albums, then go to my FSS album and enter the password.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-26-08 11:18 AM
In response to Vel

FYI, Zoedoodle and Richelle were both just featured artists. Yay!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Vel

Hey girls...sorry I've been MIA. I've been trying to keep up w/your posts though. I was just reading back and realized I totally missed the bra conversation...lol. Flat Stanley (or whatever her name will be) sounds like a fun idea. I currently live on baby names websites...lol. You will never believe this, but I bought a baby names book the other day and my dh and I were looking through it and one of the names in the "boy" section was 50 cent. I kid you not. We're thinking of using it as a middle name....ha! (j/k) Well, hope everyone is enjoying thier weekends!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Kromkitty

One of the baby name sites I was on yesterday under the C names for girls, down the line, they were giving the meanings like, youthful, fair, child of GOd, etc. On Corsica, it said, "car". Ha! Apparently a lot of people have named their child after a car. I found that funny.

I bought some really, really cool stuff today when I was out. I got some Grungeboard! Can't wait to use that!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-26-08 04:31 PM

Hehehe, love the 50 cent and Corsica thing. Hey, is Velvet in there? Does it mean "horse" or "adult beverage" by any chance?

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Good morning...well, hope everyone else's morning is off to a better start than mine I have a horrible sore throat. I just got done gargling with salt water and my hot tea is heating up. Gonna try the "home remedies" before I run out and get tons of medicine (I hate medicine head).

Kim...sorry to hear that Abigal is sick. I always feel so bad when Nicholas is sick. Wish I could take it away from him...

HAHA on the baby names....what is this world coming to?

I'll check back in a little later....have a great day!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-27-08 05:55 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Mornin' ladies! Hope everyone's weekend was super fantastic.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Vel

Morning ladies! Hope you feel better soon Mel.

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Kromkitty

Oh yeah Vel...Velvet's meaning is a soft, rich fabric...lol...go figure.

Page 5 of 632 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics