Page 1 of 44 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #45 - Come have a few Laughs with US!        (Topic#1447745)
scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

What is this thread about? Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other. It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage! CLICK HERE

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get. WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer. Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly.

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to scrappycath

AHH..here's the new thread! Good morning everyone!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to ShirleyJB

Good monring Shirley!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

MoRning too!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

TGIF!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Elizabeth - cute new avi "Peas on Earth" !!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Vivian!! Good Morning. This is early to see you here!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

It's raining so hard!!! And it's cold/cool 35*

At least it is not snow/ice

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

Hey Cath! Hey Viv! So glad it is Friday! Its been a week. One of my good friends is retiring..next Friday is her last day.

Kim, your friend was just on tv..

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to ShirleyJB

morning...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• c-leaper Said:
Oh what a tangled web......

*sigh*

DD & DGS went to dinner tonight with Wifey & her friend. Had a good time. Chatted like a bunch of girls...plus one. (Okay, plus 1 1/2 - the friend is 5 1/2 months pregnant.)

Wifey asked DD if she wanted to go to a movie together tomorrow evening. DD blurted, "Only if ED can babysit." Wifey called - of COURSE he'll babysit.

Then, as DD was on the way home, ED called her. Wanted to know, if he could have DGS tomorrow night, why couldn't he have him EVERY Friday evening, or at least every other?

Somewhere in her conversation with him, she asked, "So if you're watching him on Fridays, too, for a couple hours, what does that mean when we go to two three-hour visits (Mon/Wed) in February?" And ED said, "Well, we can just do three three-hour visits."

By the time DH & I got home (we'd gone out for dinner too) (alone) (to eat hot food) (and have adult conversation), DD was saying, "How did one time of babysitting turn into every Friday?"

Thankfully, she hadn't given him an answer right away. Said she'd have to talk it over with us.

We decided that she'd tell him that this doesn't mean he gets the kid every Friday...or even every-other. But if there's a night when she & Wifey want to go out, that he'll be the first person on the list to babysit. Whenever it happens. But this also does NOT mean we automatically make it 3 three-hour evenings starting in February.

Of course, when she tried to call him back, he didn't answer his phone. So now he has to call HER back.

OH! And his bank account got shut down because he was overdrawing with his debit card. So now there's no more automatic monthly deposit going into DGS' account from ED's. Ummmm....yeah. We're gonna have to talk about that, too.

Watch for him to ask for a "right of first refusal" for times that DD will be away without DGS... that he should be given the right to be the first one asked to care for DGS.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to ShirleyJB

• ShirleyJB Said:
Hey Cath! Hey Viv! So glad it is Friday! Its been a week. One of my good friends is retiring..next Friday is her last day.

Kim, your friend was just on tv..

Hope your weekend is better!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm not able to catch up! This week has kept me away from here way too much. Miss you guys!

Hope I can sneak on during the day today!!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm trying to avoid retail therapy (because I don't need anything, I just want something new to make me happy) and I'm trying to avoid going out to breakfast after I drop Abby at school (because I have plenty of food in the house, and if I go out to eat, I will order the artery clogging special, and I don't need all that fat.)

I'm going to psyche myself up for some intensive scrap therapy. Maybe I can knock out some LOs. All the photos are basically organized, now I just need to pick the paper.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Maybe I'll even be able to be back once I get a few people in the house moving to where they need to be!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I'm trying to avoid retail therapy (because I don't need anything, I just want something new to make me happy) and I'm trying to avoid going out to breakfast after I drop Abby at school (because I have plenty of food in the house, and if I go out to eat, I will order the artery clogging special, and I don't need all that fat.)

I'm going to psyche myself up for some intensive scrap therapy. Maybe I can knock out some LOs. All the photos are basically organized, now I just need to pick the paper.

Scrap therapy sounds like a very positive choice Liz!!!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB

I'm off to get ready for work..y'all have a great day!
Liz, choose something healthy for breakfast..most important meal and all that!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Texas Suzie Said:
Wanna think less of me as a person?

Milky has been digging in the trash, fighting with our other cats, and pottying everywhere she shouldn't-including inside our shoes.

We tried putting her outside, but she kept climbing the screen door and meowing all night long, which was upsetting the kids.

I told Matt to dispose of Milky this morning. He took her to work and dropped her off in his parking lot with the hope that some schoolkid would take her home. I had serious guilt, but I'm tired of her peeing and pooing everywhere.

Matt called noonish. He went out to the truck and Milky was curlled up in it. He wanted to know what he should do about her. I went and got her. She rode in the seat with me and purred the whole way home. She's been curled up sleeping in the basket on my desk ever since.

I guess if I was willing to drive 15 min each way to get her, I didn't really want to lose her. She's such a sweet tempered thing if she'd just lose her alleycat traits.

Don't think less of you at all.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to ShirleyJB

• ShirleyJB Said:

I'm thinking a toasted peanut butter and banana on whole wheat with a glass of milk.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• c-leaper Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
Ok. I'm feeling really overwhelmed right now. I'm upset about John's speeding, I just got an email from a friend that I haven't heard from in about 5 years (it's a good thing, I just feel compelled to answer and catch up but at the same time I've got no time to), and I got a proposal for an all day event on March 9th, from the Child Health Services people (one of the bad holiday fairs I did this season) and it's very bare bones and I'm getting a follow up call tomorrow. i just feel like my head is spinning.

Okay, so it's 6 hours later and you're probably in bed, but I'll still give my advice:

You can't, at the moment, do anything about John's speeding.
Say no to the health fair thingy.
And enjoy catching up with your old friend.

I played with my pictures. I spent the evening organizing them first by event and then by layout. And when I couldn't stay awake any longer (7:30) I went to bed. I'm feeling a little better today.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Scrap therapy sounds like a very positive choice Liz!!!

I could use some scrap therapy, too. Still haven't scrapped anything.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm trying to figure out why over half the state (so far) has a two hour delay. It must be flooding today, it's raining here.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

There's a lightening storm going on here, too.

I've got 1200 posts from the old thread I hope to read today.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I don't want to go outside. It's wet. I wish Abby could drive herself to school!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • ShirleyJB Said:

I'm thinking a toasted peanut butter and banana on whole wheat with a glass of milk.

That sounds like a great meal!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:

We had lightening storms last night! Tons of rain....

Liz/Moxie - if you still have unmelted snow on the ground mixed with the downpour.... that sounds like a flood in the making!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Vivian, how's the crop room? All organized??

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Anna, whenever my mom makes pork chops or pork loins, she serves cold applesauce too. It is a great flavor with pork.

I bet baking apples with pork would taste yummy too.

oooo...somewhere I have a crock-pot recipe for pork chops and apples. Haven't made it in a long time, but even the kids liked it. Hmmm......

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
Yuppp.. been to frat parties too. I was a little different back then... not much, still me.... just younger!

One year, I had a huge fall-out with my house-mates, so i found a room last minute in a house where 90% of the tenants belonged to the same frat (I didn't know that). Turns out, they BURNT DOWN their frat house in one of 'those' parties.

That was an adventurous year... spent a few days at friends' places during 'those' parties...

That kind of stuff was what I was looking forward to when I thought I would actually get to go to college.

It's not all that it is cracked up to be!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Anna, whenever my mom makes pork chops or pork loins, she serves cold applesauce too. It is a great flavor with pork.

oooo...somewhere I have a crock-pot recipe for pork chops and apples. Haven't made it in a long time, but even the kids liked it. Hmmm......

I usually bake apples with pork. It is yummy and gives the pork a real juicy flavor!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi Elizabeth!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• jelly97 Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

In case Dawn fails to mention, you can also use the Crop-a-dile II Big Bite to tenderize the pork. Just bang the poor pork chop with any part of the Big Bite.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:

I've not been in it in two days! Just recharging.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:

Come on Energizer Bunny!!! Got any time in the not so distant future that will allow you some peaceful scrapping time in there?? Or just some sanctuary time???

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Well dd just told me she really doesn't want to go to the baby shower tomorrow. She is tired, and has midterms this week and just wants to recharge and study. (Can you do both??)

So now...do I want to make the trip by myself?? Or can I find a valid excuse not to go??

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:

Liz/Moxie - if you still have unmelted snow on the ground mixed with the downpour.... that sounds like a flood in the making!

Funny, Manchester, where it's currently downpouring, is ontime. North of here is having ice problems, which is why schools are delaying. It's cold enough elsewhere for it to be wintry mix.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Funny, Manchester, where it's currently downpouring, is ontime. North of here is having ice problems, which is why schools are delaying. It's cold enough elsewhere for it to be wintry mix.

Yuck!!! Thankfully we have escaped another week of that!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

When you find it, could you post it? I'm always looking for a good crock pot recipe.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

It's ben A week for me. Starting with the big fire and all that for dh... some minor stressors with my ex, the board meeting for the squad and fallout form that, support group last night.... gotta tell you more about that.

But one of the toughest parts has been my sisters depression. I was able to "run into" her on her lunch break yesterday. It was good for both of us. She was (appeared) less neurotic, but she is good at hiding it when she wants to. But I really felt that she was not going to do something rash. I just don't think she is in a good place ...yet.

I'm still concerned about her... she is heading in a direction that she should not be going. She is trying to get fired, end up unemployed and in "need" so that way matbe her bf will "rescue" her and have her come live with her.

She doesn't openly admit these things to me,. but her actions are all there... and I know her!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I'll go look for it now. I was just thinking it sounds good. I am just looking for something different!! And easy!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Support group..... there were several new parents at the meeting, and several that have a newly diagnosed child.

Elizabeth, Melissa, Shirley, anyone else out there - remember when you first received the news? Did you go on that roller coaster ride? Devestation, denial, embracing it, learning, depressions... up down/up down...yet get it??

There was one mom that from the get-go I knew she was on the brink. The speaker that I had scheduled turned out to be just the right fix for this mom's needs.

At the end of the presentation, many parents stayed to talk with me. This mom stood there waiting.... We started talking and she was doing OK, but then I just felt like she needed a hug, I reached out for her hand and she totally lost it. She let it all out. She has been so stressed, bottling it all up, trying so hard, she was at a point that she could not figure out what to do to help her children any more.

We talked for a long while. We discussed some things that she can put in place to help her son and his brothers and her. I got some resources for her. By the time we were done she was feeling very confident again.

This is why I can't say "no" to the support group. There are so many parents like this out there. And there are new ones at every monthly meeting.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Hmmmm....I can't find it. I found one with potatoes and one with cream of mushroom soup, but not the one with apples. I'll keep looking.

I did find my pack of soup recipes. They are actually Weight Watchers, but they are very good!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
...This is why I can't say "no" to the support group. There are so many parents like this out there. And there are new ones at every monthly meeting.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
Support group..... there were several new parents at the meeting, and several that have a newly diagnosed child.

Elizabeth, Melissa, Shirley, anyone else out there - remember when you first received the news? Did you go on that roller coaster ride? Devestation, denial, embracing it, learning, depressions... up down/up down...yet get it??

There was one mom that from the get-go I knew she was on the brink. The speaker that I had scheduled turned out to be just the right fix for this mom's needs.

At the end of the presentation, many parents stayed to talk with me. This mom stood there waiting.... We started talking and she was doing OK, but then I just felt like she needed a hug, I reached out for her hand and she totally lost it. She let it all out. She has been so stressed, bottling it all up, trying so hard, she was at a point that she could not figure out what to do to help her children any more.

We talked for a long while. We discussed some things that she can put in place to help her son and his brothers and her. I got some resources for her. By the time we were done she was feeling very confident again.

This is why I can't say "no" to the support group. There are so many parents like this out there. And there are new ones at every monthly meeting.

Wow! That feels good too huh? It is sooo good that you were able to be there for her.
My son was diagnosed so late it was almost a relief to just finally know I was not just a horrible mother, and there was a reason for him acting the way he did. But I sooo remember the days of rages and tantrums and people just looking at me and shaking their heads, and wondering if I could keep doing it another day. And how could this boy be so sweet and cute one second and raging like a madman the next!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Come on Energizer Bunny!!! Got any time in the not so distant future that will allow you some peaceful scrapping time in there?? Or just some sanctuary time???

I had hoped to make a run to Lowe's and get the stuff I need to finish my space. With the raining, I'm not going anywhere!

But my goal today is to get caught up here.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:

As long as you're recharged, too.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Wow! That feels good too huh? It is sooo good that you were able to be there for her.
My son was diagnosed so late it was almost a relief to just finally know I was not just a horrible mother, and there was a reason for him acting the way he did. But I sooo remember the days of rages and tantrums and people just looking at me and shaking their heads, and wondering if I could keep doing it another day. And how could this boy be so sweet and cute one second and raging like a madman the next!

That's where she is at Elizabeth. Her 4.5 yo son (aspergers) she thinks is "mild" yet she described a boy that needs control and routine... when he doesn't have it he beats on his younger sibling. when we mapped out a few things like setting a schedule ahead of time, sticking to a routine, it was like a light bulb went on foe hre, she started tying his difficult times to times when she needed to change up the routine. She has become so isolated from friends (you know how they all run away cause they don't understand!!) and she doesn't know anyone that has autistic/asperger's children so she had no idea how much consistency and routine will help.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

2 tablespoons [30 mL] vegetable oil
6 approximately 1-inch [2.5-cm] thick loin pork chops, fat removed
Salt, to taste
6 tart apples such as 'Granny Smith', cored then sliced
1/4 cup [60 mL] raisins [optional]
1/4 cup [60 mL] brown sugar
Brown pork chops into hot oil over medium heat, until golden.
Salt, then arrange pork chops into a slow cooker.
Mix together apple slices, raisins if using, and brown sugar.
Arrange on top of pork chops.
Lid on, cook on 'LOW' for 7 to 9 hours, or on 'HIGH' for 3 to 4 hours.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

There in lies the problem.

It really is very draining. I am feeling physically and mentally exhausted. I'm feeling a flare up in the pain/numbness/tingling problems, probably form pushing myself too much.

But I can't say no. I'll have to find something else to say no to!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Cathy I think it's cool that you have such good turnout at your meeting, and are able to help so many people. We had a lady try to start a support group here. I jumped right in because I though since my son was older and I had been through it all, maybe I could help. It ended up every month being her and I sitting at the table staring at each other. And every month she told me the same story, and every month, nothing I said would work for her (before she even tried it)
So I gave up. It was more of a drain than a support for me.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Sarah - I really like your "Fresh" lo!!! Left you some love there.

And thanks for you love on my "Stockings" lo! You have more confidence in me than I do regarding the handwriting!!! Thanks for the encouragement!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

OMG - I have about 25 or so people that come each month. Not always the same people. We concentrate on issues for sp. need children birth through adolescents.

I also has 2 social workers that run a Sibshop (sibling workshop) at the same time as our meeting. For the brothers/sisters of any special needs child. They do great work with the kids! We have about 8 regulars that attend!!

We also have a few parents of adult children that meet less often and less formally. That group is growing too!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Uh oh the site is getting slow. I'm expecting that next week when they bring in my birthday present, I mean the new upgrades !!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

My son is sooooo much better and different than he was when he was 6 thru 14....he would get frustrated or overwhelmed, and go into these rages (for lack of a better word). Just absolute complete meltdowns. Screaming, crying, hurl himself on the floor. More a worry of hurting himself than others.
When he would get like that you would have to restrain him, which some days only made him worse, and people would just look at me like I was insane. And in the wrong environment, or with the wrong people, he could go on for hours. At which point he would become a sobbing pile of goo on the floor and all you could do is scoop him up and take him home. But then I got accused of babying him.

It was soooooo good to have a name for it, and then figure out i had to start looking for the triggers. Then took a few more years to get them under control and finally gone!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

I still have times when my middle one goes into those seemingly endless tirades. We have most "triggers" identified and being dealt with, but every so often something will get him. With all the issues the poor guy face, you never know what might tip him!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

You know I was going to change my siggy for April - Autism Awareness month. But all this talk this morning made me decide to do it now. Awareness should not be contained to only one month! It's a life long event for my family!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'll be back later. I have to finish getting Abby ready for school and then I think I'm going back to bed for awhile.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I wish when my son was younger they had had those autism awareness cards or t-shirts.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:

It really is very draining. I am feeling physically and mentally exhausted. I'm feeling a flare up in the pain/numbness/tingling problems, probably form pushing myself too much.

I'm still learning to balance things for myself, too.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
I wish when my son was younger they had had those autism awareness cards or t-shirts.

I know what you mean. The stares. So many times I wanted to shout "it's not my parenting!" But crackers don't matter!!

My father accepted that my middle son has a disability - well duh, it's physically obvious. But until Thanksgiving 2006 he blamed me for my oldest's aspergers. Then he finally read the materials I had been sending him and he spent time with DS#1 and realized it is not him, it is not me, it is aspergers!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:

I'm still learning to balance things for myself, too.

If you figure it out before I do, please share the secret!! :-)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta go!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

Autism cards

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

This might be my favorite....
Text on front reads "I apologize if my child was disturbing you. AUTISM is a neurological disability affecting about 1 in every 150 children born today. Behavior that may on the surface seem rude is my child's ONLY way of dealing with the world. If this is the first time autism has touched your life, be grateful--and please be understanding."

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Thread #44:

• DarkSideAnna Said:
You have stated this before, so I understand your reasons for why you are pro-life, but I still am not understanding why it is so shocking that someone would have a different opinion and post about it.

It's okay to disagree. It's how we disagree that matters here.

I love this mug that I saw a while ago. I keep joking that I'm gonna buy it. It says, "You can either agree with me or be wrong."

Most things are just stupid opinions and don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I do not feel that abortion falls into that area.

Why is the most innocent in the group punished? Two people have sex for their pleasure, then oops. There are so many people out there that would gladly adopt these "unwanted" babies.

We are all created in the image of God, that includes fetuses/unborn children. Killing goes this.

Abortions used to be the worst thing and most women were against them since most abortions were at the insistence of men having their mistresses abort their babies. We women have given up so much to have "rights" that usually only debase us further.

I posted on that thread, too, thanks to the posts on the old thread here. I just know too many women who regret their abortions. The clinics don't go over the trauma of abortions either with women before they have the abortions. This isn't like having a mole removed, this lump of tissue could be ... well, about anything/anyone.

I am so glad my dd had her boys. Neither was under the best of circumstances but both are true joys, well, most of the time. Plus there were several families that wanted them if she hadn't.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• DarkSideAnna Said:
it, I'm done with this discussion. Next subject please.

Oops, sorry for bringing it back up.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Thread #44:
The clinics don't go over the trauma of abortions either with women before they have the abortions.

I guess I was just very lucky and very much in the minority or maybe it was my circumstances. The clinic I went to was very compassionate, very educational and they offerred counseling before and after. I declined it afterwards, since I had a therapist and a shrink at the time.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I suppose I should get a move on and get on with my day. I need to work today. Only have one patient scheduled so far, but I need to try to get a hold of a few others and finish up some paperwork issues.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Thread #44:
The clinics don't go over the trauma of abortions either with women before they have the abortions.

I guess I was just very lucky and very much in the minority or maybe it was my circumstances. The clinic I went to was very compassionate, very educational and they offerred counseling before and after. I declined it afterwards, since I had a therapist and a shrink at the time.

Did they actually discuss the aftermath of abortions for many women? The studies on this topic? Or was this just counseling they gave you?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm thinking about going back to bed since I woke up so early.

No caffeine in over 24 hours!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Hug, throw glitter at each other and make nice.

Glitter is the herpes of the crafting world. No matter how much you wash it off of things or try to get rid of it, you can never quite make it all go away.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Edited by Bling Fairy Vivian on 01-11-08 05:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
  • corrie fan Said:
Are you doing anything special for your birthday?

No, not really. Did all that today.

I'll be cooking as usual for the church tomorrow.

Salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans. Easy and cheap after last weeks Red Week meal.

I hope to work some more on my room and crop since I've yet to crop any this month!

Hmmmm... In what I've read trying to catch up from last night, you've so far been asked 2x about how you celebrated your birthday. Both time, you changed the subject.

Everything OK???

Sorry. Didn't realize I was that obvious. We "celebrated" on Tuesday, the day before my birthday.

I didn't want to sound so spoiled but I wasn't thrilled with my "party." I'd rather have been alone. I'm just stressed out I guess. Rather it would have been over the top, so to speak or nothing.

Thanks for noticing.

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Thread #44:

Did they actually discuss the aftermath of abortions for many women? The studies on this topic? Or was this just counseling they gave you?

They went over the physcial and emotional aftermath. They told me about the possible physical complications, possible emotional problems I could encounter. I can't really remember too much in detail, it was almost 6 years ago now. But I remember talking to someone for close to an hour on the phone before they would even let me schedule one. I also remember getting a big packet in the mail before the appointment. I went in feeling very educated about all my options and the ramifications of each.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm thinking about going back to bed since I woke up so early.

No caffeine in over 24 hours!

I went back to bed for about forty minutes. It helped some, even though I didn't actually sleep. I think I'm almost ready to do some scrapping.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

Morning! I've been weeding through my favorites gallery. I'm way behind in posts so I might skim thru the old one. How is everyone?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to sarah doodah

Morning, Sarah.

I guess I'm ok. Meds have kicked in, I don't feel any crazier than normal.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I didn't want to sound so spoiled but I wasn't thrilled with my "party." I'd rather have been alone. I'm just stressed out I guess. Rather it would have been over the top, so to speak or nothing.

I don't think you sound spoiled at all. I often am dissappointed with my birthday and lately Christmas. Oddly, I've never been dissapointed with my Anniversary. I think it's because we try really hard to go with the list of appropriate gifts for anniversary lists (first anniversary is paper, etc) or John gives me something related to the Army-Navy game. But birthdays and Christmas has always been dissapointing for me.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I don't think you sound spoiled at all. I often am dissappointed with my birthday and lately Christmas. Oddly, I've never been dissapointed with my Anniversary. I think it's because we try really hard to go with the list of appropriate gifts for anniversary lists (first anniversary is paper, etc) or John gives me something related to the Army-Navy game. But birthdays and Christmas has always been dissapointing for me.

I think it's always hard for those of us who have bdays right after Christmas. Most people are broke and burned out on all the holiday cheer. I hate my birthday...8 days after Cmas...sucks. This year my sis didn't even call me and I only got one card (from Hubby). I feel your pain Viv!!

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

I wasn't as far behind as I thought! I'm done with the old thread, and I don't think I'm going to bother with the 4 pages on this one.

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Texas Suzie

morning Suzie

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie

BTW, Milky peed in the top of the clean clothes laundry basket. I brought it in to fold it, went to flip the washer to the dryer and came back to find her squatting in it. Now I think less of myself for not letting her stay gone.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

Morning!
Just popping in before heading to Target.

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie
In response to momany

Liz-can you link me to your site again? I thought I'd saved it in my faves, but I can't find it. I want to check out the layout sorter thingy again.

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie

I'm making a decisive wish list of exactly what I will be buying, from where, and for how much. That way I don't overspend, but I'll be certain to get everything I really want before the money's gone again.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

it's linked on my myplace page.

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie

I knew that, didn't I?

If I only had a brain...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Why is it I can find everything else from my Atlanta trip except for my Starbucks stuff?

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

morning. Off to read the old thread.

melissa22
Pro
melissa22

• scrappycath Said:

This makes me so glad that there are groups out there for parents. I myself don't have ANY in my area. There is one MD support group about 50 miles away. But they meet on a week night and it starts at 6pm and I don't get off work until at least 5:15, so there is no way I would make it. then even if I did go and was a little late, I wouldn't get home until after 10:00. That would mean NO time at all with my kids. Just can't do that.

I'm so glad you could help this mother. I know when I first found out about Jordan I broke down bad. Then for about 2 or 3 years I kept it all bottled up inside. I would break down from time to time, but then get right back up and act strong. (key word there was act)I have finaly come to realize that you have to break down at times. Thats what keeps me strong.

Cathy I'm so glad you could help her. ( and all the other parents you help with the support group) That makes me smile and gives me the motivation to keep going and fighting for what my child needs and deserves! Keep up the good work.

melissa22
Pro
melissa22
In response to melissa22

Good morning!!

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie
In response to foltzy

Liz-

I'm eyeing the power sort box. Each compartment can have a lid put on it?

I think if I get the big one, I can put Noah's stuff in the left 6 and Savannah's in the right 6. I'm never more than 6 months behind.

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie

Is the green the same as the black inside?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I love my power sort boxes. You can buy smaller lids for each compartment, but I haven't tried them yet.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Yes. Exactly the same.

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie

I think I need several dozen dividers to go with.

I'm currently using a file box with file folders. It works, but other stuff tends to get stuck in there as well, which annoys me. The power sorter can go under the shelf and the lid will keep roving hands out *hopefully*.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Ria, Anna, you still on? I am so bummed, to tears in fact. My friend who I used to skate with years ago was found dead in a hotel room, he was 40 years old. Say a prayer for Chris Bowman's family. He had quite a troubled life.

I read about that this morning. How sad. "Bowman the Showman." I remember him. Very handsome and an incredible skater.

Texas Suzie
Diva
Texas Suzie

Gotta go run errands for parents. See ya'll in a bit!

Page 1 of 44 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics